AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..881882883884885.. > >> Showing page 884 of 1007
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/05 16:01:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Susy, I use that same web site that Badger uses but it a little different : postimage.org ( dot org than dot com ). I created a free account for me and I believe my pictures are stored so I can go back and find them. Maybe. I haven't tried. Anyway the site is free to host your images and to resize your pictures. Open their site go to 'Post your images here' ( the 1st box should say "do not resize my image", the 2nd box should say "no expiration". The next box says 'choose image'. Click that box. It will turn a blue color. Then go to your pictures on your PC. Open the picture you want copied. post image will upload to their site. After the upload is done you will have another page with a small version of your uploaded picture. You will see qty 9 different options below that tells postimage what you want to do with your 'little picture'. I use the 2nd one that says 'Direct link' and to the very far right of that direct link line there is a small box to click ( it has a tiny image of a page with the corner folded down. Click that box. It will briefly state that the picture has been copied.

DO NOT CLOSE or X OUT from the postimage site, as you will go back to it to copy another picture if you have more that one to post on LG. 

Go back to your L.G. post that you want to transfer the copied picture to, find the small window at the top of your post that looks like a tiny TV screen with a + sign it. Click that little image. Up will pop " Image URL", click that box and on your keyboard you will hold the ctrl button down and press the 'V' button. The coded info from the post image site will appear and you hit 'insert'. Your picture will appear in your LG post.

If you have more pics to add to LG, go back to that postimage page that you didn't close ( it has the 'little image' you just copied. Under that little image it says "upload another image" in blue color. Hit that and repeat instructions.

I may not have given you the easiest way to insert you pictures but this is the way I know how to do it. You can play around with other options than the " Direct link " line and the 1st page that says 'do not resize'. That is where you can resize your pictures for different types of web sites. You can also add more pictures to to your original LG post and make a 'string of them'. I'm not very computer savvy. Good luck. Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/05 17:11:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
looking SW from the front porch yesterday

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/05 18:35:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Got some sleep last night. Christine managed to take my hair braids out, bills mailed, helped with garbage pickup and got everything on my grocery list.  She also backed both cars out of garage and let them run a bit.  Got my hair washed and took a very short bath.  Just finished having a bite to eat with a large glass of milk and a couple Christmas cookies.  Sure am sorry Chris that you have to wait a couple of weeks before this ordeal is over.  Very fortunate, as your sweet bride pointed out, that sepsis didn't come knocking.  A long couple of weeks ahead; take care. 

Still not strong enough to visit via phone.  Too exhausting.  Will check in later. 

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/05 19:54:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Well I hadn't seen MB's previous post before I called her.  I feel so awful for her because now no one is there.  Apparently Christine had to go home.  Cathy was gasping for air and very weak.  I tried convincing her that she should hire home health care to come in at least a few hours a day for meal prep, light housework etc.  If I was able, I'd go.  I wouldn't be much help.
Everyone, please say prayers for her.

I had an exhausting afternoon of grocery shopping.  Ann took me and my walker but I did without it and just used a grocery cart to hang on and push.  Unfortunately we went to Aldi in a hungry state and bought all kinds of yummyness.  I love that you can find many different countries represented in foods at different times of year.  The last couple of months for the Christmas season they have featured German goodies like various kinds of gingerbread.  The cheeses and different salami and snack sausages selection and price cannot be beat.  We also found many frozen snack type foods that looked grand!  I bought some flash frozen Maine lobster tails , some Italian layered baked sandwich, and some Florentine flatbread.  We split a loaf of rustic Italian Turano bread that was a huge round and a few other items we spilt.  They had boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.49 lb. so I loaded up for dog food.
We needed food so we went to the new Big Whiskey restaurant that just opened a couple of blocks from my house.  It was so nice we actually sat outside on the patio. We split a burger and... then went to the big grocery store for a few things.  I was hoping Marie's pies were on sale but shoot, NO.  In fact, they've gone up to $9.++!
I'm not paying that for a frozen pie!  I'll savour my peach pie until they go on sale somewhere.
Since I'd gone thru 2stores and a restaurant, my back and leg were screaming to sit down.  Got home and thank goodness for Chris.  He helped unload and put away stuff.  Ann stayed for a bit.  Both of them took home a piece of peach pie.  I'm sitting and relaxing.  Can't decide what to eat...just pie or something else first and then pie...hmmmm
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/05 19:58:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Leaking hot tub was diagnosed...the motor, which is all one piece.  New motor is ordered.  It will be at least a week.  Tub is drained.  Of course tonight is the one night I'd love to crawl into it.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 05:46:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Pie Lovers, it's Sunday.

I sure feel bad for MB and wish there was something I could do to help.

Twirls, going to the store hungry and buying lots of goodies is a good thing for you!

JJ, I'm very sad that you won't make it to PM in the spring.

Speaking of spring, we must be getting closer, I've already received 3 seed catalogues in the mail.

Wasn't able to stay up late enough to drink the cowboys to victory, but I see that they did fine without me.

Susy, did you try to post photos?

Weather guessers are saying we are in for another winter storm, 2-4 inches of snow but also some rain mixed in starting tonight into Monday.

Wag more....bark less.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 05:46:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Double post.
post edited by Badger - 2019/01/06 05:53:36

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 05:47:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Cathy, is Christine coming back? I'd feel so much better if someone was there with you. Praying for you.

Chris is going to go for his infusion on his own today, and then plans on driving to downtown Milwaukee. It seems his boss can't get into Chris' case files or something like that, so Chris is going down to fix that issue. Not sure if Tom (the boss) is going to meet him there or not, but I am going to demand regular updates on where he is and how he is feeling. Not really happy about this. But pretty sure Tom is realizing how much he depends on Chris. 

After the infusion yesterday we stopped by a restaurant for some lunch. Bill, the owner, stopped by our table to say hi. He used to have a restaurant in Milwaukee that Chris would eat at often when he worked down there, so we've known him for years. Told him about Chris' New Year ordeal and Bill started bringing us extra food, LOL.  He's Greek, and all the entrees are way to much food to begin with, but have to say, the chicken cilantro soup was very tasty. I was dipping my fries in it, so good. Then went to pay, and Bill stepped up to the cashier, took the check and ripped it up. There IS such a thing as free lunch! And I have over half of mine in a to go box for my lunch today.

Plan on getting my outside lights down today after church, before the nasty weather moves in this evening. Rain, then mix, then snow. Also going get my new toy (the electric snow shovel) out of the back of the van and see if it needs any assembly, just in case the snow accumulates. 3 days of 45degree weather has cleared the deck of snow for me, for now. Good thing, since I have been chauffeuring Chris around so much.

Time to go get ready for church; y'all have a beautiful day.
Cindy
Happy Three Kings Day! (even though there is no Biblical record of just how many wise men made the journey) 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 07:53:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
*lurk*
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 08:21:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

The sun is shining brightly and there will be plenty of nice clear skies today. Whoop whoop. The current temp is 49F at 8:34 with a beach high of 66 degrees.

Wanted to walk on the beach yesterday but the wind was way too high so I went to lunch at Nell's instead.

Today I might catch a brunch with Andrea. She had mentioned going somewhere that has eggs Benedict. I haven't eaten eggs Benedict in a long time. Sounds yummy.

Chris, you last picture looks very cold ! What is that 'thing' standing upright in the bottom of the picture ?

MB, so glad to see you back on the Breakfast Club. We all missed you. What did the doctor say about the recovery time ? I hope you get better soon.

Twirls, good to hear you are getting your appetite back. See you in PoMo.

No mas snow, Badger !! 

Enjoy your Greek food left-overs, Cindy.

PJ, who are those folks in the picture you posted on the previous page ? That little girl is giving the look that says  " come on, let's go, I'm bored" hee,hee.

jj, bummer that you two can't make our Spring gathering in Mexico. It should be a blast. Where is your normal place to go in Florida ?

I need to get moving.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 09:18:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  I'm up.  That's about it.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 09:33:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!
Late start today.  Niece and her man came over last night for dinner.  Crab legs, shrimp, potatoes, salad and afterwards, had a few, I mean several adult beverages.  Up until 1:30, playing with Mr JJ's stocking stuffer.  This game, Tiki Toss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-ryJtNvoY

We made a few shots, but mostly missed.  It's an addicting game. 

Bernie, I think we are going to Anna Maria Island.  I love those little coastal towns.  

MB  I certainly hope you begin to feel better.  Please take care of yourself.
Twirls... I love  Aldi.

I am not a Colts fan. 

enjoy your Sunday!

Enjoy your Sunday

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 09:55:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another gorgeous day here.  High temps in 60s.
SJ spent the day outside.  I finally got the Christmas tree stripped and taken down.
Now I need to go through all the Christmas decorations and separate SC's ornaments and
such from ours.  Plus get rid of a bunch decorations. 

Badger,  Yep!  I love pie!  Growing up we might have had beans, fried potatoes and cornbread a lot of nights
for dinner.  But there was always pie for dessert.  My mother made the best pies and cobblers.
After moving away ... use to call mom on holidays and she would tell me all the family had to eat for the big meal.
I was fine until she mentioned coconut cream pie.   Then I cried.  LOL    

MB,  Thinking of you.  Take care.  

Twirls,  Eat up girl!  Hugs   

C&C,  Glad Chris is feeling good enough to get around by himself.  

Bernie,  my refrigerator is a Kenmore side by side.   Don't know why it was acting up.
Working just fine now.  Hasn't popped the GFI in 4 days. 
There were so many people in kitchen on Christmas day.
SJ thinks someone bumped the refrigerator hard against the wall pinching the cord.  
After replacing cord.  We will put a piece of wood along the wall to keep the frig from moving
that far back again if it gets bumped into.
Enjoy the brunch today.  Eggs Benedict sound yummy. 
Almost forgot.   The pic is of Susy and her family in NOLA.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 10:59:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, it is an arched trellis. Clematis vines grow up it during summer months. Just looks bare in the winter. Had to plant new vines; the *!#!@ ground squirrels ate the roots of the old plants. If the new ones don't thrive this year, I might try a climbing rose, there are some new ones that are hardy to zone 3. MAYBE the thorns will discourage those pesky rodents. Also, trellis is iron...too heavy to move around.

Chris decided not to drive to downtown MKE. It's a good 40-45 minute drive and he discovered during church service this morning he needs to be within 15 minutes of a bathroom. Side effect of the heavy duty antibiotics. Glad he's not going to try it.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 11:41:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning BCrs

Our lake recorded the highest temp in Canada this past Fri 12.5 C or 54.5 F.  Back to grey/rain and under a wind ⚠️ warning today.

Chris before you know it you will be back snorkelling Roatan.  Hang in there nurse Cindy, hope your new snow shovel works well. Nice to see your sunset albeit fuzzy - had to take off my glasses LOL, nice when the leave aren't there and you have the view.

SNF enjoy your quiet time, nice to have some alone time.

BeBe we are traveling tomorrow.  Dark o’thirty wake up call for the long airport drive. Will stop at Chedraui on the way down for grocery, going to be a long day. SoSo excited!  Enjoy the eggs benny this morning and say hi to Andrea. 

MB hope you are resting and are gaining strength by the minute 💝

Keep eating Twirls, glad you are coming down to Akumal in May, would like to say hi.

Susy love your family pic.  BTW good luck practicing photo posting, I use the post image site the same as BeBe, thanks to this group.

JJ you love FL so that was an easy decision.  Did you book?

Hey Tricki nice to see you in lurkdom

Where is Sir Syrup this year?

Everyone make it a good day!

Arrived and enjoying the Roo!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 17:21:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I think a home health aid temporarily is a great idea MB. You need a little help right now.
Have a great trip SoSo!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/06 19:18:29 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Had a good day,  Brother Kurt and wife Ann stopped out for a visit.  I limited it to 30 minutes which was just the right amount of time.  Kurt was very helpful in teaching me the correct way to use the two different inhalers and my oxygen levels have stabilized significantly. His pharmacy background has been very helpful overall.  Sure did enjoy the strawberry shake they brought me from Culver's. Hopefully I will get some much needed sleep again tonight.  Tomorrow I will schedule my post hospital clinic visit.   Safe travels SoSo.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 04:38:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
My patience with the patient was wearing a bit thin yesterday.  About 10 minutes before it was time to go for the infusion he announced that I needed to drive him again. Had been picking up after him and fetching for him all morning and was about at my boiling point, so on the drive to the hospital had, as Holly would say, a Come to Jesus talk with him. Taking more responsibility for his health, putting more effort into DOING for himself instead of sitting around whining...BECAUSE I LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU TO STICK AROUND! He listened and agreed; we'll see. I certainly felt better for unloading.

Cathy, you "sound" a bit better. Nice to have a pharmacist in the family. My younger brother who is a Doc in Michigan had only a one word comment on Chris' ordeal: "Ouch".
Holly, now you've got me thinking about pie. Cherry pie. No, no, no. Chris would eat it and he doesn't need the calories, nor do I. But I do love me some cherry pie.

Never got to get the Toro toy out of the box or get the lights down outside. Now the wind is howling, gusts to 50mph and MUCH colder. Not gonna try dealing with the lights today, but will start taking down stuff inside, I hope. PJ, I plan on weeding out some of the stuff I haven't used in years as I pack up, too. 

Time to get moving and start the laundry, have a wonderful day.
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2019/01/07 04:39:52

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 05:01:39 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

MB, thanks for checking in, sure hope you keep improving.

Chris, listen to your nurse.

PJ, my Dad was born and raised in Kentucky and one of his favorite meals was what he called soup beans with a little ham and some cornbread, topped with a few drops of red wine vinegar. I may just have to make a pot soon.

Smooth flights, SoSo, hope you can check in here once in a while.

JJ, I've played that game a couple of times, very frustrating.

Hi Tricky!

Well, out of 4 teams in the playoffs that I was cheering for, only Dallas won. I may have to cheer for Indy next weekend so that KC can win.

Predicted 4" of snow last night was instead freezing rain and about a 1/2" of snow, should make the drive to work interesting this morning.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 06:37:58 (permalink)
Be careful with that driving Badger.

Sounds like it needed to be said Cindy.

Glad to "hear" you sounding better MB. How was the whole hospital experience?

Good luck with your appt. today Twirley.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 07:36:16 (permalink)
Morning all
I went to bed around 9 but remember changing the tv channel at 10 for news but the Golden Globes were still on and I fell asleep.  Woke at 4 with pain.  Took all pills and dozed until 6:30.  After that I HAD to get up as it hurt just to lay there.  Margarita just came out and curled up by the fire place.  Pearl is still sleeping, thankfully.

Chris and I watched the football games and had an early dinner.  I had 1 rib eye that we split with some brown butter seared scallops and pasta.  We had twice baked potatoes and Chris made a great salad.  Trying to pile on the carbs.  Hopefully some of my wrinkles will disappear with extra weight!  Chris gave Pearli girl a good workout walking and playing ball.  She's turning into a pretty good dog.  She just turned 13 months old.  Time for more service training.  I need to start practicing bringing me my purse and other things.

I see on the weather that Paul and C &C are in the winter storm and it looks like Maple will be slammed with heavy snow.  We have one more day of really warm and balmy temps.  It's drizzly this morning so it feels damp but that will disappear by noon and 70° is possible.  Yesterday was 67 but mostly cloudy.

Today I have a noon massage.  Tomorrow is a nutritionist appointment at insistence of the GF's.  Wednesday Pearl has surgery to remove a growth on her tummy.  Chris is worried sick about it being cancer.  I think he loves Pearl like his own baby.  He plans to spend the night on Tuesday and walk her over there Wednesday morning early.  The vet is about 3 blocks from my house.  (My house is so handy to everything but very quiet on this street)  Thursday the appliance repair guy is coming.  Don't buy a Samsung refrigerator.  I've had trouble with both of mine.  Plus I used the self cleaning mode on my main oven before Christmas and now the oven doesn't heat.  It's a GE.  Jan also had the same trouble with her GE.
A busy week.  

Cindy, a Come to Jesus talk is a good thing when needed. Good luck with getting Chris to be more proactive in his health care.   I picked that expression up from a GF years ago and it seems very appropriate at times.

MB, I hope you improve fast.

Hey BB!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 07:41:27 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy

Holly, now you've got me thinking about pie. Cherry pie. No, no, no. Chris would eat it and he doesn't need the calories, nor do I. But I do love me some cherry pie.

Cindy--Chris needs that pie!  He'll eat the whole thing, except for the tiny 1/32 of a piece you can barely see just for you.  Then you'll get to jump in and note that he needs to be exercising  to wear off those extra calories. ( Boy that whole pie sure was good, wasn't it Chris)  Make up some outlandish numbers like 1 hour on treadmill burns 75 calories.  You'll have him on that treadmill all day but by the end of the day he should have learned his lesson;  NEVER EAT ANY OF YOUR BRIDE'S CHERRY PIE WITHOUT ASKING!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/01/07 07:43:08
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 07:48:20 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

It will be mostly sunny today. I'll take it !  Current temp is 50F at 7:20 with a beach high of 62 degrees. We will enjoy this nice warm weather while it lasts, as by Thursday highs will be in the 40's and lows will be below freezing. I'll have to remember to empty the bird bath by Wed. evening.

Yesterday's brunch was OK.  Not super great but just OK. Andrea ordered the eggs Benedict but I changed my mind when I saw the scrambled eggs being delivered to the next table. The best part was the location and Andrea's company. Our table was outside in the warm sun, just behind the sand dunes with a view of the ocean. We both enjoyed the day but might not return for another meal. Was home by 3 o'clock.

I'm not sure what is on the agenda for today. The wind will be a too strong for a stroll on the beach; thinking about taking a walk around the neighborhood where I will be sheltered a little from the wind. If I feel ambitious, maybe I will start to assemble tax document. Nooooooo, it's too early for that !  What am I thinking ?

jj, the Tiki Toss game looks easy but I know it's NOT. I can see that it can become addictive. I have never visited Anna Maria island. My brother Bob used to have a condo timeshare there but I believe he may have given it up as part of a divorce settlement some years back. Looks like a pretty easy trip from Tampa airport.

Speaking of trips, SoSo and 'VanDog' should be on the way to Mexico in a few hours. Wishing those to 'brats' safe travels and a happy time down South. Did I just call them brats ?  Maybe they didn't hear me :
BRATS !!!!

PJ, hope replacing the 'fridge power cord does the trick.  Replacing it will be pretty costly; an easy two thousand bucks +

Chris, a trellis. Now I get it. Ground squirrels !! I am familiar with those buggers and they have a never ending appetite of destruction.  Are they the same as "pocket gophers" ?

MB, don't push yourself too hard. Baby steps.

Badger, that Dallas game was like 'ping pong' on the scoring. I just did  made it to the end. I assume Crunch is happy with a Dallas win.

Cindy, I think you will have plenty of time to see how that Toro will work for you.  It's an electric one, si ?

Fatten up some, Holly !

Time to quit being lazy.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 08:26:43 (permalink)
Good morning.  40 and cloudy.  Guessing I got about 5 hrs. sleep.  Nothing on my agenda other than resting.  Follow up clinic appointment scheduled for Thursday.  Mary Jo will assist with transport.  Sounds like everyone is keeping busy.  Cindy, glad you had the talk.  Holly, get better.  Yummy dinner with Chris.  PJ and Cindy, will be nice to get the Christmas decor sorted, packed, etc.  I'll just continue to enjoy mine until I am strong enough to deal with it.  Hi Bob, happy skiing.  Badger, stay safe. I dodged another one here.  Bernie, go on a beach walk for me would ya?  Could use a beach pic to perk me up.  Hello Frank, miss your daily posts. Crunchie, any new word on your next steps and how Dad is doing?  Hi to all I've missed.  MB  Please make it a very good day.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/07 11:52:06 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Gray clouds rolling in again.  Temps in mid 60s.  Kinda windy but nice outside.
Nothing but chores on my agenda.  Wash machine is already cranking.

Cindy,  We have those "Come to Jesus" talks all the time around here.

MB,  thanks for checking in with us.  Pray you continue to improve.   
Glad you brother and SIL came to check on you.  Bet the Culver's strawberry milkshake did hit the spot. Yum!  
Know from experience it will take time to get back your energy level.  Everything else can wait.        
Uninterrupted sleep from coughing is what is needed most of all.  Hard to achieve.           

Page: << < ..881882883884885.. > >> Showing page 884 of 1007
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5