AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..881882883884885.. > >> Showing page 881 of 1007
Author
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 19:44:25 (permalink)
+4 (4)
Happy New Year everyone, from me and my poodle boy boy, Midas. Best wishes and good health for you all  in 2019. ¡felicidades!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 20:46:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Crunch, sorry you are having such a bad time getting home.

It was a long afternoon with Dr appointments.  My eye Dr reports my eyes are good.  Right eye is only 20/40 but combined with the left eye, it's 20/20.  A minor Rx for glasses if I want them.

Cindy, I too would be concerned about heart health on Chris.  As long as his BP and pulse are good, no worries.  However there is a stomach flu going around.  My best wishes for his health.

I'm not doing any thing tonight.  I have an ice pack on my lower back and intend on going to bed soon.  My leg is not cooperative tonight.

Someone is practicing loud gunshots early tonight.  Margarita just went into hiding.
patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 162
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 00:10:12 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Happy New Year to all of my LG friends. Whether we have met on the beach or not!

Holly, so sorry that you are having pain issues. I wish that I was retired and lived closer. I would help out as much as I could. 

Hi Bernie. Colorado misses you. NOT! Ha ha!

To all of the rest of you, life is short, live it up!

Patty

post edited by patty1975 - 2019/01/01 09:24:55
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 04:09:50 (permalink)
+5 (5)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
My most fervent wish for this year is that all of the BCers and Clurkers have good health and happiness throughout the year!

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 04:53:56 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy New Year to all, and welcome to 2019!

Chris, in typical guy fashion, did NOT give all pertinent info to Dr.'s office in his message. So he got a call back telling him to take some miralax. Nothing I said to make him send another message with ALL his symptoms made any difference, so he has not seen a Dr. Talked with Paul & Babs last night and Paul kind of read him the riot act...still no real commitment from him to get medical care. If he is not any better today, I don't know what I'll do. Would like to force him to go to ER. Thanks for input, Crunch, I will direct him to your posts as soon as he wakes up.

In other news I looked at some nifty little machines called electric shovels. Like mini snowblower with handle like a shovel. Going to look at reviews online today and make my choice. It rained heavily for most of the day yesterday, then turned to snow around 3:30pm. Looks to be about 3" of heavy snow. We are supposed to go down to kid's house in Menomonee Falls, but without knowing what is going on with Chris, I don't want to take a chance with the grandkids that it could something communicable.

Hi, Patty! Wishing you and Larry a great new year! 
Holly, you didn't say anything about what went on with the spine appt.???
PJ, glad you fridge is OK!
All for now, have a happy day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:06:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy y'all and Happy New Year !

Dinner last night was excellent at the Collector's Cafe and Gallery. Very cool place with various art work displayed throughout. Andrea & I arrived early so we could look at all the neat stuff and also sit at the bar for a cocktail prior to eating.  I brought my camera and guess who forgot to take pictures of the food until dessert was served. Oh well. We needed that desert like we needed another hole in the head. Not only was the food
fantastic, so was the bill !  hee,hee.  Got home about 9:30 and in bed by 11 o'clock.

Today will be another cloudy one with some rain off and on. Current temperature is 60F at 8:50 with a high of 71 muggy degrees. Debby cooking a ham today and I will go to her house this afternoon for an early dinner.

Hi Texas Pam. Hope your 2019 will be good.

Hey Patty. You are so kind to be thinking of me, you silly girl. hee,hee.

Get better Holly. This is the year !

That's a good New Year's wish, Badger. 

Cindy, hope Chris get better and that he will listen to your 'voice of reason'.

Oh, I forgot. Crunch, I really hope this year is a better one for you. Sorry you got the crud.

See y'll later and enjoy the New Year's Day.
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2019/01/01 08:13:53

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:09:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Our low calorie dessert, Ha !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:10:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm not sure what Andrea was doing

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:22:10 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Happy New Year BC'ers!

I slept it in as usual 

Chris...Please listen to your wife and friends. Go see a doctor. You have medical insurance, right? I do not understand why men are so stubborn when it comes to their health.

PJ, My fudge is much older than 2006. Lol. Damn autocorrect. That cracked me up so I am leaving it. It's nothing fancy. Ice maker has not worked in years. I do the old fashioned trays.

Rain has finally stopped but still cloudy and dreary. Doing some laundry now. No swim class today. Not sure what I will do. House is a mess so that is an option.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:48:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Chris has been up for a while, eaten breakfast, and declares himself well and healthy. Wants to go see the grandkids this afternoon after all.
janjon
All inside Christmas is taken down, packed and put away.  Mr JJ will remove lights and outside decorations today.  It's nice to have my house back. It feels so much bigger!

I always feel like my house is so EMPTY when all the Christmas stuff comes down. Traditionalist here, never take it down until Epiphany. (Jan. 6) Don't carry it as far as Chris' mother used to; she always put the wise men from her nativity set at the farthest eastern point of the house, then moved them a bit each day until Epiphany, when they arrived at the stable.  Now THAT'S what you call a dedicated Lutheran.

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 08:51:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeachBilly Fudge would never hang around that long! Gotta love that auto correct!

Video
Pix
YouTube

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 09:27:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy New Year clubbers and lurkers - even you Patty :) - who would not like you?? They be crazy.
My hope is that 2019 is a bit more normal.
It's a winter wonderland here so I have been looking at travel sites. See a cardiac guy next week and the real planning will begin after that. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 162
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 09:30:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Glad to hear Chris is feeling better. I was wondering if he possibly had appendicitis. Larry had to have an emergency appendectomy in 2017. His symptoms were very similar - felt bad, then felt okay and could eat a little, then felt bad, repeat. I finally got him to the ER at 8:00 on a Thursday night and by 10:00 they were wheeling him into surgery. 

Again, happy new year to everyone! Wishing you all the best for the new year - health, wealth, and an ocean breeze!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 10:25:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy 2019 Ya"ll!
Sky is gray.  We have had enough rain.  TN river is flooding low lands.
100s of boats and RVs are lined up in every available parking lot along Hwy 412.
Removed from marinas and campgrounds along the river.
We had a nice quiet New Year's Eve until midnight when SJ set off some BOOMin aerial fireworks. 
I watched from the safety of the porch while sipping on champagne. 
Every hillside had aerials going off.  Awesome!  
Found SJ's cell phone laying in the yard during yard patrol this morning.  Must have lost it when he
was running for safety of the porch.  He was also laughing and tormenting SC by text message
about finding her stash of awesome fireworks.  There was quite the back and forth about that!  LOL 
All she had for celebrating in Nashville was some confetti poppers.

Cindy,  Glad Chris is feeling better this morning.  Hope he continues to improve.  

BeachBilly,  LOL on the fudge.  I did find an old grilled chicken breast down behind the crisper drawer.
Thank heavens it was in a ziplock bag.  No telling how long it had been there.  My ice maker and water dispenser
have never been hooked up.  Still use trays here as well.  Refrigerator is now sparkling clean.  That GFI outlet was
still popping.  Moved frig plug to another nearby outlet.  Until SJ can replace the bad outlet.  So far so good. 
Will reload frig with food a little at a time today.  As that will be a lot of trips up and down stairs.  

Bernie,  those desserts look awesome!  

Twirls,  glad Cammie came back around.   Hugs

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 10:38:35 (permalink)
+3 (3)

Video
Pix
YouTube

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3242
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 10:53:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy New Year!

Only made it to 10 last night.  Must be getting old! Rain has finally stopped. Good thing as our mud was in danger of becoming dehydrated!

Wishing everyone Good Health, Good Friends, Happiness and some sand in your suit at some point during the year!

Keav & Pam

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 11:06:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Cindy, Cherry Health is the name of the place.  They have a plan for me that includes PT, chiropractic and spinal decompression (the rack).  They say they can get me 50-80 % more mobility.  I'll have to go EVERYDAY for a while.  It's out of network so my insurance will only cover a small amount but it was not too horrible.  I see the in network spine Dr on Friday.  I'll probably try to do both, depending.  Of course it's a new year and my deductible and out of pocket expenses are almost twice as much than last year.  

I do hope Chris gets a full examination by Dr.  If Jay would have gone sooner, his prostate cancer might not been terminal.  He also had a heart problem that was caught but only because his heart rate dropped so low and he was not feeling good.  I called 911 and he was minutes from a major heart attack.  A pacemaker was inserted the next morning in emergency surgery.  He heart was fine after.  Some kind of ventricular issue that's not real common.  He probably would have outlived me had we caught his cancer earlier.  I knew he had problems with peeing.  I could hear the flow in the mornings.  I pressed him to go to the Dr but he always had an excuse.  "IT WAS COLD" or "I HAD A MORNING HARD ON".  But that starting and stopping was a sign that could have saved his life.  All men should have blood work and check the PSA levels.  A finger exam isn't always conclusive.

Enough of that.  It's cloudy, cold and gloomy here.  I am going to try real hard to be walking wellness enough to get out of here this winter.  I have miles on 4 different credit cards.

To those of you that sent me a card or goodies, I THANK YOU!  The only cards I got this year were ALL from LG friends.  Actually that's not really true because I did get a card from a lady I met in Puerto Morelos this past fall, who isn't an LG member but it's a Mexico connection so...  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 20:08:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
My most fervent wish for this year is that all of the BCers and Clurkers have good health and happiness throughout the year!

I'll second that!  Unfortunately that will be hard for the ones suffering.  Prayers for them and everyone else. 
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2019/01/01 20:10:43
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 20:22:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Went to the kid's house and after only about 20 minutes left for the ER. 6 hours later and he is admitted and scheduled for surgery in the morning. Kidney stone. Should have thought of that sooner since it has happened before. At least caught it before a total blockage, but it had already started brewing some infection.  He's getting some IV antibiotics and will be closely monitored overnight. He'll call me when he has a surgery time, but I'm figuring on being back there pretty early in the morning, so may not post tomorrow.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3240
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/01 22:12:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh Cindy, thank you for letting us know!  Please take care and keep us posted when you have time!  Love and hugs and sending by best wishes for Chris!!!
post edited by Susy - 2019/01/01 23:22:41

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/02 05:09:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

Don't carry it as far as Chris' mother used to; she always put the wise men from her nativity set at the farthest eastern point of the house, then moved them a bit each day until Epiphany, when they arrived at the stable.  Now THAT'S what you call a dedicated Lutheran.

I think you call that a Shiite Lutheran.

So glad you finally got the big guy to the hospital, please keep us updated when you can. I gotta say, if he was only there for 20 minutes and still found time to post those lovely photos while in pain, my hat's off to him! And, Wow, that Seth is getting tall.

Hi Patty!, Great to hear from you, wish you would stop by more often!
And that goes for the rest of you Clurkers as well.

PJ, are you sure that the chicken breast was bad?

Bernie, great talking to you yesterday, and thanks again from Babs and I!

Hard to tell how much snow we got on NYE because of all of the drifting. I did manage to get the driveway, dog yard, and paths around the house plowed yesterday. Still have the decks to do, but it is -8F right now, so I may wait until tomorrow when a warmup is supposed to begin.
post edited by Badger - 2019/01/02 07:15:00

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/02 06:31:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thank goodness Chris is in the hospital and getting the help he needs. Very scary. Hope you are dealing ok Cindy. Said a prayer that he will pass that sucker and be done with it.

32 degrees and raining. No ice. Yet.  I am at work hacking and snuffling. I am sure my co-workers will be thrilled. Shall quarantine myself as much as possible, but I cannot be out right now with the new study and the big move to the new building.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/02 07:21:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Mostly cloudy today and maybe some rain. We have already reached our high of the day which is our current temp of 59 degrees. That's strange.

Had a nice visit with Debby yesterday. She had invited her neighbors to join us for dinner . We all had a good time chatting and they seem to be really nice people. Debby had met them through the church she now attends. I cleaned up the dishes and got home around 6:30

Today I will make a trip to the bank and stop by the pet store to look at some new cat food for Freddie. The vet checked her weight on the visit last week and it is up to 14 pounds. I only give her a 1/4 cup of dry food mornings & early evening. The doctor suggested I change her diet to a senior version. Anyone have a suggestion ? Of course, the vet wanted to sell me the Hill's Science Prescription that they stock. I felt it was just too expensive.

Most posts were after my early one on New Year's Day so I'll just do a 'group' hi to barata, PJ, Patty, SNF, Susy, Holly and Frank. Hope everyone has a good 2019.

Thanks for the pictures, Chris. Might be a while before you can get back to the BC but wishing you success on your operation this morning.

You are welcome, Badger. I thought a jar of apple butter made in North Carolina would be the perfect gift for a guy that already has everything. Hee,hee. My brother, Bob, always stops by this big farmers market to stock up on that brand of apple butter when he visits me. Hope you and Babs enjoy it. By the way, -8 is just not right I say !

Crunch, hope you can 'tough it out' on the crud. You deserve a good new year.

Coffee done.  Time to get a bowl of cereal.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/02 07:30:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Andrea took a pic of me right after I took one of her. New Year's Eve 2018

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2019/01/02 08:59:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I woke at 6 to Lee and grabbed a pain pill.  By 7:30 the pain eased up and I got up.  Managed to get down the hall to feed the cats.  

Cindy, I'm so sorry Chris is suffering and in the hospital.  Hope he passes the stones soon.

I should have posted this yesterday but MB has also been admitted to the hospital with via ambulance.  She has pneumonia and other complications.  She experienced shortness of breath but also heart issues.  Say some prayers for her.  She's just about as thin as I am and wouldn't take a lot to get her down.  She doesn't have a laptop but has my number in her phone so she texted me to let me know.  I'll let you know if I get more information.

I'm still slowly trying to clear out the piles in Jay's old room.  Making some progress.

Cammie stopped by last night.  She has a bunch of funeral pieces to do.  Seems a lot of people die at this time of year.  I understand why...  She did bring me some of the prettiest red roses I ever seen.  They are highly detailed like old fashion garden roses.  They almost look like carnations they are so which with petals.  They only have a slight spicy smell.  I'd love to have a rose garden again but they require so much work.  I had a nice rose garden area at my restaurant in the Wedding garden.  In evenings it smelled heavenly.

I have no plans today.  Tomorrow is my appointment with the in network spine centre.  I'll see what they have to say and offer.  Can't hurt to have more than 1 opinion

Page: << < ..881882883884885.. > >> Showing page 881 of 1007
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5