AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..876877878879880.. > >> Showing page 880 of 1007
Author
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 428
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 07:36:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
took a minute to locate the forum page with the new Loco Gringo page.Looks really nice.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 08:41:52 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Today is more rain off and on. Enough already. At least it's not cold as the current temp is 55F at 8:42. The high will hit 61 degrees. I do feel sorry for all of you guys that are having freezing rain and/or snow. Just keep thinking of the warm tropical beach for 2019. Only 4-5 months.

Yesterday was lunch at Nell's. Felt great to be out of the house. That evening I went out to dinner to the Bonefish Grill with Andrea in North Myrtle. Anyone else tried the Bonefish Grill ? I used to go to one back in Colorado and never had a bad experience. For a chain restaurant it's pretty good.

Today is pay a few bills on-line.  Electric bill went up. No surprise there.

PJ, great news on the condo sale. Like you said, it was in a desirable area.

Welcome home, Crunch & Tomas. Perhaps you can tell us all about your wonderful holiday travel....that was meant to be mildly humorous. I quick reap of the highlights would be enough. Just remember that "up-n-down" in one piece is the primary goal.

I'm with you, Cindy. No need to be out on the roads on New Year's Eve. I have early dinner plans at 5:30 for a nice meal but will NOT be out trying to party that night. Way too silly.

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the pictures of Cindy's orchards.....Badger, get your mind out of the gutter. hee,hee.

Bob, I do enjoy looking at places to visit on A/A's vacation web site and other places. I have the freedom to travel now that I'm retired but only one thing holds me back : limited $$$. Which reminds me, I need to look at my Mega Millions ticket from Friday.

jj, you made me laugh on your statement about the Raiders. We were all "Raider haters" back in Colorado. I'm hoping the Chief's win against them today and it's a home game for you guys. Go Chief's !

Been goofing off. No mas coffee so time to have some breakfast.
See everyone later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 08:44:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oops, my post jumped a page.

Hi happy brewer.  Where are you and Deb going on your next trip ?

Ha,ha...that was a slip up : HOPPY BREWER
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/12/30 09:40:16

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 10:54:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with high temp of 57F expected.  More rain to come.
Yep!  Condo sold fast.  We are happy about that.  Well, we will be happy with check in our bank account.  LOL    
SJ was sorta mumbling (whining) about how we should have taken the new refrigerator out before showing condo. 
Brought it home for him to use in the kitchenette downstairs.  His beer refrigerator is very old.      
Pointed out that we never paid for that new refrigerator anyway...my Las Vegas winnings did.  So really it didn't cost
us anything.  Plus all the trouble we had getting new refrigerator through the door and into that tiny kitchen. 
Forget about it!  H*ll would have frozen over twice before I would have helped get that refrigerator out again!!  
He laughed.      

C&C,  Beautiful orchids!  Cindy certainly has a green thumb.  
We don't go out on New Year's Eve either.  Went to Nashville Symphony a few years back.  That was fun.
But we had a devil of a time getting back out of town afterwards.  Traffic was awful!  Not do that again.  

jj,   No personal property tax where we live.  Though the county did try to pass a wheel tax.  People said, NO!

Twirls,  Hope you are still feeling some better.    

Crunch,  glad you finally made it safely home. 

Uphill,  your a nice brother.

Bernie,  sounds like you are eating good in the neighborhood.  Nice that you and Andrea could spend 
time together. 

MB and Jamie,  hope all is going well.  

Hi HoppyBrewer!       

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 11:45:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Beach Bernie

Hi Chris, thanks for posting the pictures of Cindy's orchards.....Badger, get your mind out of the gutter. hee,hee.

Umm, Uncle Bernie? I believe that should be Cindy's orchids, not orchards.
And I hope you have a very Hoppy New Year.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 13:53:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hey Badger. Orchids vs. orchards. Me be goofy. Left brain/right brain....no brain !  hee,hee.

Panther/Saints game is boring. At the half Panthers 23 Saints 0 with all their good players pulled.

Jaguars vs Houston on the other channel; don't care.

I'll wait for your Green Bay game and cheer for them.

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 14:48:35 (permalink)
Beach Bernie
Panther/Saints game is boring. At the half Panthers 23 Saints 0 with all their good players pulled.

Bernie, I think the Saints are making a mistake. I know everyone wants to rest the good players, but they are getting a bye as well. That's 2 weeks off, 3 weeks between games. Those guys tend to get rusty over that time frame. Iffin they had their good players in early, and then worked out the back ups more and more into the game, that might be good. But I fear a quick end to the season for the Saints. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 15:36:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Time will tell, Bob. They have the home field advantage in the playoff.

Crunch, I just caught the end of the Dallas game. Whee ha !! Fantastic 1 point win. Your Boys did it.

Cindy and Badger, bummer on your Packers this season. I didn't have the Green Bay game available.

MB, your Vikings on now. I will watch and root for them.

Go Vikings & go Chiefs !!

Weekend at Bernie's
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3795
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 16:02:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hope the snow clears up for Badger, Chris and Cindy, janjon and others. Cindy have you thought about hiring someone to shovel your drive? Sounds like a lot of hard work.
Also love the pictures of Cindy's orchids.

PJ, congrats on the condo sale, that was quick. Glad it is over and done with.

Bob, when is your next day skiing? After New Years? Enjoy

Twirley, sorry to hear the ER trip was a bust, hope you can get into at least one clinic later this week.

janjon, sorry to say, I agree with you about New Years. Last time we went out was about 12 years ago, some old friends and former neighbors were visiting from Big Bear area and asked us if we would take them to the NYE party at the local yacht club which we belonged to then. I groaned but agreed, we had a good time although it was pure hell trying to get a taxi back. Glad I did it though, as Donna passed away from cancer six months later.

All, tamales are good, have 2 left which I am saving for NYE, along with a small jar of cheap caviar left over from a couple of years ago. Will also order some nice cheeses and crackers or those small rye toasts the stores carry this time of year.
It's been cold here, high of 63F, only 59 tomorrow which is cold for LA, supposed to get up to 72 Friday. Mornings are the worst, lows in the mid 40s, hate to think what my electric bill for February will be. My December bill was $117, up from $79 in October. That is for 2 months. Space heater helps but use the electric ceiling heat first thing in the AM.
Well, Brady Bunch reruns are over, followed by a 3 hour Gilligan's Island rerun (only thing worse is Gomer Pyle) so time to turn off TV and order groceries online. Not into watching the NFL much.

MB, hope you are feeling better, sorry you were so sick over Christmas, especially with a full house and all the cleaning you did.

crunch, glad you and Tomas are finally home safely with your fur babies.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 16:37:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jamie

a small jar of cheap caviar left over from a couple of years ago.

Jamie, please send that jar of cheap, 2 y/o fish eggs to Beach Bernie, I heard he likes it.

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 19:24:37 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

PJ, CONGRATS on the sale of the condo.

JJ, I not only have personal property tax due, but also real estate taxes!  They both have escalated in the last 2 years to the tune of over $2000.  

Nice to "see" you, Hoppybrewer.

Cindy, your orchids look great.  Mine a putting on new shoots and buds.

I have been taste testing a batch of veggie beef soup made that I made this afternoon with 2 rib bones and chunks of beef from the Christmas prime rib.  I also defrosted some taco meat that I seasoned and cooked in October plus I have some BBQ from my favourite Springfield place.  I won't go hungry!  

Tomorrow I have an eye Dr. appointment at 11 am and a 3pm appointment with Spinal decompression place.  I think I also rescheduled a dental appointment for the same day.  Angela is driving me to the 11am and Cammie is supposed to take me to the 3pm.  Angela will make sure I have lunch somewhere.

I need to finish this because I'm falling asleep!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/30 19:41:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all. Did not enjoy the Packer game at all. Watched Bears/Vikings, also not very entertaining. Sorry, MB, can not cheer for Vikings after that hit last year on Rogers when the guy TAUNTED  him as the cart took him out with a broken collarbone. And I did grow up in Bear's territory, so I am sure all of my siblings were watching, too.
Chris is still not feeling well, getting concerned. Yesterday he ate a small bowl of cereal in the morning, and one small slice of a frittata I made for supper. That's all he ate all day, and this is a guy who generally eats more than 3 or 4 people would eat. Today was the cereal after church, and then a small cup of yogurt in the afternoon. And some more Alka Seltzer. Hoping he can get in to see the Doc tomorrow. He went up to bed around 5:30pm. No fever, though. I'm stumped as to what I can do for him. He did drink a cup of chamomile tea. Nurse Crunch, any thoughts? (and BTW, has type 2 diabetes) Losing weight would only be a good thing for him, but I hate to see him so listless (and grumpy)

Jamie, I don't know if I'd eat that 2yo caviar....and we do hire someone to plow the driveway. I shovel the deck, the apron to the garage, and the front entrance (which is flagstone and a pain because it is not very level.) Then there are the steps to the front porch and the front porch itself. And not many neighbors out here in the country, and none with kids close enough or motivated enough to take on my shoveling duties. There is also the factor that any kids in the area that would possibly even think about a shoveling job are in school and it is barely light out when the bus picks them up in the morning, and close to dark when they get home. Think I'm stuck with the job. Think I'd like to look at one of those small, lightweight snow blowers, one that I could lift up to the deck. Then all I'd really have to use the shovel for are the stairs to the front porch and the deck.
Have a good night.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 06:25:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's New Year's Eve.

Geez, Cindy, I hope the big guy is OK, please let us know how it goes.

Bernie, I think we need to have you root for our opponent's team, both the Packers and the Vikings stunk it up yesterday. 

MB, please check in!

Twirls, good luck with your appointments today. Did you say Cammie?

PJ, I believe a beer fridge is a necessity for anyone who drinks beer. I think it might be required by law in Wisconsin.

JJ, we pay property taxes each year, but only on the assessed value of our home and land. Still, Wisconsin has a very high tax rate and our bill is for over $2,100 each year. Good news is that we can pay half of it by the end of January and the other half is due at the end of July.

Under a winter storm warning up here today. Weather guessers are saying up to 7" of snow with winds to 35 mph.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 07:01:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Dreaded wintry mix for us down here in SE Wisconsin. Just had a small argument with the big guy about sending a my chart message to the Dr.'s office. He wanted to wait till 8am and call. No! they'll route you to Milwaukee appt. center, and you won't get in till H freezes over. He is still is arguing.

Holly, I hope you have a backup plan in case Cammie is a no show.

Yes, property taxes in Wi. Pricier down here in SE Wi, our bill runs over $3,500. Takes care of schools, roads, etc. If they do an assessment, will prolly go up 'cuz Paul did such a nice job improving our outbuildings.  I don't mind paying our share, especially for the schools. Pay now and give a good education or pay later to support them in prison.

MB, you OK? Hope you're feeling better.
Be good, y'all and Happy New Year.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 08:04:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Some fog and clouds this AM but we should have a some sun by noon. Current temp 59F at 8:15 and the high is pegged at 68 degrees.

Didn't leave the house yesterday but I will have an early dinner tonight at a place I have never tried. It's in Myrtle Beach and called Collectors Cafe and Gallery. Looks like an interesting place that serves Mediterranean food and the art that is displayed is for sale.  

Jamie. I'm with Cindy on that caviar and would not trust it. Don't listen to Badger, as I do NOT like fish eggs in any manner. Yuck.

OK, Badger, I won't root for your teams any longer this year.

So Cindy, did Chris get his doctor's appointment for today ?  Hope you don't have to drive him too far in that weather.

That's all for now.
Happy New Year,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 09:05:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  30 and cloudy.  I have been feeling rather poorly the last few days.  Doctor's appointment this afternoon. No sleep last night, shortness of breath, chronic cough and mucous and completed dehydrated and fatigued.  Sorry to lay that update on all you.  Don't have the strength to comment on each individual post.  Will try to check back in later.  Happy New Year's Eve. MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 10:14:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Dark and dreary outside.  Deluge of rain overnight.  Not done yet.

Didn't do very much yesterday.  Little ironing and marked up the new 2019 calendar 
with birthdays, anniversary's, vacation and appointments.  Cleaned out SJ's sock drawers.
One for work socks and one for dress socks.  Filled them back up with freshly washed new ones he
received for Christmas.  Gave him the trash bag of old ones to go through.  He gave it back to me...
declaring 90% of the socks still good.  BS!   He is never gonna see that bag again.   
Need to clean out the refrigerator today and wipe it down.  Time for all the leftovers to go.  
At some point...make a trip to Wally World for cat food, appliance light bulbs and printer ink.

Badger,  SJ was born and raised in Chicago.  Beer frig has always been mandatory in our home.

Otherwise no place to keep the food.  LOL

Cindy,  small snow blower sounds like a good idea.  Hope Chris is going to be alright. 
Sorry he is not feeling well.

Twirls,  that is a lot of appointments for one day.  Pray you manage to hit them all.
Get some help towards feeling better.  Hugs

MB,  check in if you can.  Worried about you.   Just saw your post.   So very sorry you have been
dragged down with this crud.  Hopefully doctor will help get you on the road to feeling better.  Hugs

jj,  Wish I had your energy.  Not going to get at taking down the Christmas tree for a few more days.
The outside Christmas lights on deck rail....well what can I say.  I am a Red Neck Woman. 
Keep my Christmas lights up all year.  LOL   

Bernie,  Mediterranean restaurant sounds nice.  Enjoy!

Wishing all of you a wonderful New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!  Hugs 
post edited by PJamigo - 2018/12/31 10:16:27

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 10:38:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB, hoping the best for you. It's probably pneumonia now.

I'm having a not great morning also.  Went to sleep on the couch at 7:30.  Woke at ten thirty and hobbled into bed.  I had to get up to per twice in the night.  By The second time I was in severe pain.  It was worse when I finally got up at 9.  I had to call Jaymie over for help.  I was supposed to be at an 11 am eye Dr appointment but I knew I'd never be ready in time so I got it moved to 1:15.  At 3 I have another appointment at the spinal decompression clinic, so it works out better and I don't have to rush.
Jamie reports that there is a bird in the sunroom.  I left the slider open by a few inches because Chili cat was a not inside when I went to bed.  Don't know if the bird came in or Chili brought him in but Jaymie got the cats out of there and open the slider so hopefully it will go out.  Meanwhile the French doors into the house are closed now until he's gone.

Yes Cammie has come out of hiding since Christmas is over.  She is trying to be helpful.

I'm glad I don't have a house full of Christmas decor to put away.  

On my good days I have started clearing out all the crap that got stashed in Jay's old room.  Tons of paper crap that needs to be gone thru and most tossed out.  I don't think I need all of Jay's medical reports and insurance crap.  I must have over a dozen new picture frames I've never used and old pictures I can do without.  I see no reason to keep the old baby pictures of cousins and Jay 's kids.  They don't want them either.  Too much sentimental crap that I can do without since no one else would ever have any interest in it.  Hopefully the room will eventually be like an office and be organized.  The closet in the room is set up for a child and has lots of shelves on both sides with only a small space for upper and lower hanging clothes area.  Someone had removed the doors before we bought this house, so it's perfect for office storage and my 2 short file cabinets fit in the middle under the clothes hanging bar.  The upper and lower clothes areas are divided by a long shelf.  Lots of storage for plastic bins of tax papers, etc.  Over the last couple of years and construction in the house, anything that I didn't know what to do with got stashed in that room.  So far I've emptied lots of stuff but have w ways to go.  I'll be thrilled to get it organized.  I can't do much but I can sort crap and stuff a waste basket.

You all have a good day!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 11:01:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, do you ever order from Wal-Mart and have that stuff delivered?  I rarely have to go to the store now.  Delivery is free and I don't have to haul the heavy stuff to my car then unload it!  Plus I log in thru the Delta shopping club and I get extra miles for ordering thru the club.  It goes direct to the store link.  Most all stores are available thru the shopping club.   And they offer a lot more variety online than in the store.  Only thing I can't order is fresh food ,which I don't buy at Wal-Mart anyway.  I spend a lot of money over a year at Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home depot , Macy's, Walgreens ,etc and the miles add up quick.  American airline has their own club too.  I'm sure other airlines have similar shopping clubs.  It sure beats lugging home heavy cat litter, dog and cat food, cases of water...  plus I haven't paid for flights for myself or friends I take in years.  You don't have to have the airline credit card to participate in the shopping club. But if you do use their card, it doubles the miles.
I'm sure I'm also saving money because I'm not buying the impulse stuff that I don't really need.

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 13:57:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy New Year BC friends! 2018 has been good to some and not others, but I hope all have had at least a little good in their lives this past year. I am hoping for improved health for all in 2019 and answers for those of you with problems and I'm wishing all of you happiness and friendship and travel.
Thanks for being here. We will have a very quiet eve here with bubbly to celebrate but may not make it to 12 . We will likely watch a movie and the NYE "This Hour has 22 Minutes" (Canadian comedy).
Cheers!!!

AASB 2018 created good memories. Getting ready for 2019!!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 16:02:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls,  I have been thinking about just ordering my staple goods online.  Good idea to join Delta Shopping club.
Do have a Delta charge card.   I did order vitamins, allergy meds and Fish Oil from Walgreens online.
For the first time yesterday.  2 for 1 sale and Ebates cash back.  So though might as well do it. 

So my smart mouth regarding refrigerator at the condo...has brought bad karma round to kick my arse.  LOL 
Side by side refrigerator in my kitchen has died.   Think we bought it in 2006.  So guess it was about due.
This morning thought the light had just blown.  By the time we returned from shopping...
New light bulb didn't work.  Realized frig was warm inside.  Ice melting in freezer.  Lowered temp to see if it 
would kick on.  Nada   Just spent last hour carrying all refrigerated food downstairs.  Stuffing it in beer frig and mini frig.
UPDATE:  Refrigerator is fine.  It was the GFI outlet that had popped.  Power surge or brown out probably caused it 
during storms overnight.  Well frig has had a good cleaning and vacuuming behind and underneath.
Which it needed anyway.  Now I am pooped!  But happy to have refrigerator working again.
post edited by PJamigo - 2018/12/31 16:41:51

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29465
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 18:58:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy - what are his symptoms exactly? Off the top of my head I would pick food poisoning or a cardiac issue which worries me. Indigestion can be a sign of both. I would prefer he see a doctor asap.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 19:01:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I caught the crud from MB and Bernie apparent ly.  after 2 years with no colds. I blame airplane air.I am glad to be done with this year.  Dad still being unreasonable. Nothing but my being there at his neck and call 24/7 will make him happy and that is not possible. At least he is safe and we'll fed. He tells me daily it is his last day in earth. It has been for months now!😁

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 19:11:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We were at the airport 34 hours after our original flight was scheduled after having been rebooked on 5 different flights 4 of which were cancelled. We found this great couch thing I could lay on (can't sit long) and Tom went to the restroom. His flight had been delayed of course and I guess I fell asleep. All of a sudden I heard them an ounce of flight boarding at the original time. I leapt up and grabbed our bags and was madly texting Tom to get out of the bathroom and some bad words were used. He came out and of course they were not boarding. Apparently I dreamed it😄
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/31 19:16:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
RE: the fire: Niece in law and hubby smoked some bacon and set it on their has drive when done. The then decided to drive around and see the Christmas lights. Came home to the house on fire. They think the big dog tried to get the bacon and inadvertently knocked the burner knob into the on position. Kitchen burned down. Rest of house ok, but not uninhabitable for at least 6 months due to smoke and water damage.
Page: << < ..876877878879880.. > >> Showing page 880 of 1007
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5