Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..871872873874875.. > >> Showing page 871 of 894
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29020
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 06:40:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Love those cute pictures Frank.  Made my morning.

The Cowboy game was also a nail biter.

I am sorry to hear  your relief was short lived Twirley.  I am finally coming around to acceptance that I am going to have to have the Laminectomy and cyst removal in January.

Poor dad, he had a fall Saturday in the parking lot of his favorite bagel place.  Back to the ER for the 4th time in a month.  CT was fine, but all scratched up.  It really took the wind out of his sails and he is really depressed now. Hate that he has to go through this.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13335
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 09:17:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pain is worse.  Just scooting off my bed caused me to scream.  I fell on to a dog bed trying to get to the bathroom.  Leg won't hold any weight.
I'm waiting for calls back from both GP and Rheumatologist but if nothing is getting done then I'll call an ambulance and go to emergency room.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2389
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 09:39:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Dreary out this AM but not raining at the moment. Forecast is for rain off and on all day. Yesterday was nonstop rain until late afternoon. Current temp 42F at 9:39 and it might make it to 45 degrees for the high.

Yesterday was not exciting at all. Laundry and some shopping on line. Ran the Dyson throughout the house.

Today I will get out of the house for minor shopping at Lowe's Foods and also just to get out of the house ! Too wet and cold to place the Christmas lights out front.  Maybe a good day for a haircut.

Frank, the look on Scarlet's face tells the story : busted in the laundry basket as the cat makes a getaway.
Cute pictures. I got gas in South Carolina on Saturday at Sam's for $ 1.92. Price here in Shallotte ares $2.04

MB, you better make it to PoMo in May, as I have to lose a dollar bet ! hee,hee.

Chris, thank you for close up pictures. The details on the carvings looks very cool.

PJ, I feel you pain on SC's move. I'm with your hubby : sell some of her stuff or give it away !  Many many years ago I put my two kids in the toy room with instructions to go through all of their toys for the poor little kids. I placed two paper bags on the floor and then left them alone for 40 minutes or so. Then I realized it was very quite upstairs. As I peeked into the toy storage area, there they were playing with all the toys that they probably hadn't touched in years. Might have been 2 or 3 toys in the paper bags that were broken. So much for donating to the poor kids !

cindy, that was a good ending for your Packers. There were a lot of upsets around the NFL yesterday. How about the Dolphins beating New England by ONE POINT in the final seconds ?

Crunch, I caught the Dallas game. Go Cowboys !!  Bummer on your Dad. Prayers sent for both of you.

Badger, nice pictures. That one showing the fans in the bleachers, did you notice that one group with all the coolers ? Apparently the spectators can bring whatever they can carry !  Reference the meat picture, I'm not sure I want to know !  Hee,hee.

Prayer to you as well, Holly.

Been dragging this post out forever. Time to get cleaned up and go get some breakfast.
See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 12:09:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hopefully one of your docs can give you a shot in the behind Twirley.  Do you have a ride?

I cannot figure out what that is Badger!

Glad you aren't getting that ugly snow and ice Bernie.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9843
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 13:45:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'll guess. The first one looks like it could be the claw meat of some kind of land crab.? Those big guys that have an oversize claw?
The 2nd one looks disturbingly like a bird's head. And I'm not talking about any kind of domestic poultry.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 14:57:36 (permalink)
Just hanging around all winter here, skiing Monday thru Friday. Tomorrow, we visit Bretton Woods, a real nice ski area about an hour and a half away, just for a change of pace. It's not even winter yet and the mountains are buried and in mid season form! They have more trails open than they can get lift operators to run the lifts, due to so much snow! This is shaping up to be a great season!

I took poor widdle doggie outside to bark at the squirrels while I carried her and chased the squirrels. All the time I had a little tail beating up my ribs and elbow, so I guess she likes the team effort!

School board meeting tonight, Conservation Commission tomorrow, all evening events, so they don't get in the way of my skiing!

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3690
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/10 16:49:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful nativity set C&C, thanks for the pictures, carving is very detailed.

Sorry to hear about your Dad's fall crunch, at least he is only bruised, no broken bones. Sorry to hear about your surgery, was hoping the cyst being drained would bring relief.

PJ, just how much stuff did SC have in that apartment? That is a lot unless she lived there for several years.

Holly, did you ever get the go ahead for the darn MRI? Take some damn pain pills even though you don't want to. Desperate times call for desperate measures, the kind of stuff I hoard Vicodin for. FYI they have now reclassified Tramadol (non narcotic) as a Schedule 4 drug which my sister explained means you have to have a face to face with the Dr.,no phone refills, no refills at all, must have the Rx in writing. Thank you very much Big Brother FDA - NOT.

Bernie, glad you escaped the worst of the weather.

Bob, bet widdle doggie enjoyed the outing with the squirrels, very kind of you.

Badger, just no and I am a fairly adventurous eater.

Gas here where I live went DOWN to $3.25 from about $3.50, guess that means no royalty check this month for me. Weather is kind of grungy and overcast but supposed to warm up by Thursday so will do my Christmas shopping then, such as it is.
MB, think it was you who asked if our weather is worse this year. Fire season was definitely one of the worst in a long time. We usually get little rain in December, so the mudslides in some burn areas was a natural consequence (and to think I wanted to live in a canyon home in Malibu when I was married to Tom, my first husband). Rain wise, some folks are saying a wet winter and others are saying just the opposite, so not worried as there is nothing I can do about it anyway.

Have a great rest of the week, all.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 05:45:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Just learned the father of one of my oldest and dearest friends has passed away at age 91. Rest in peace, Coach. Contemplating whether or not to face a day of driving back and forth to Illinois on Thursday. I envy my friend that she had so much extra time with her dad. He was the athletic director at our H.S. in St. Charles. A well known and beloved father figure to hundreds of young people.

Holly, I truly hope you get some relief soon. Constant pain wears you down, body and mind. You, too, Crunch. Be well, girlfriends.

Hope you all have a good day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 06:41:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Jamie - it seems like they are going after the wrong people in response to the "opiod epidemic".  People with painful conditions are suffering greatly because of it.  

So sorry to hear about "coach" Cindy.  Sounds like a wonderful man.

After dad was practically in tears the last few days I made arrangements with the local assisted living for a respite stay (with his permission) and now he doesn't think he needs it.  Can't wait to call them back today - not!  On the good side it is because he is excited about an assisted living we found in Seattle. Right across from the University of Wa and next to his and mom's favorite italian restaurant.  His neighbor is going to take him to look it over on Friday.  He sounded much better, but he changes moods so quickly who knows?

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8131
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 07:38:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Mis Amigos, hoy es Martes.

Twirls, I feel so bad that you are in so much pain, hope something changes soon.

Cindy, condolences on your loss.

Where's MB?

Bernie, this was our first time at a game here, but we have been to many in Chemuyil and it is standard practice to bring in coolers full of beer and lots of snacks to the game. Also, heckling of the other team is always encouraged.

Turns out that I also need a crown, so didn't get out of the dentists' office until Noon. Stopped for a quick lunch at Chinese place outside Chedraui then took a taxi to VSD & SoSo's condo, but they had already left for the airport. They left us several bags of food and assorted other goodies, whatever we cannot use we will pass on to someone else when we leave. Gracias amigos!
Today's plan is to head to Akumal with our friend Willy and his wife & daughter, they have never been there. Babs and I will stay the night and be back here tomorrow.

Huge plate of food at Long Men restaurant, with one coke and one water the cost was $5 U.S.

Another set of kids walking around singing Christmas songs

More lights in the square

post edited by Badger - 2018/12/11 07:39:18

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 07:39:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy again this AM with some rain possible. We will have mostly sunny skies by noonish. YES ! I'm ready for that. Cool current temp of 38F at 8:47 and the beach high will be 50 degrees.

Yesterday I got my hair cut, picked up limes at Walmart, and got my new wipers. I first tried Auto Zone and their price seemed high so on a whim I stopped by the Chevy dealership. Their regular price was a little less but they had a sale on Delco wipers. As the parts guy was ringing up the sale, another guy was putting them on my truck. Darn good service as I was in & out within 10 minutes.

Today I have an appointment at the dermatologist for a "blue-light" treatment on the back of my neck. That procedure is at 1 o'clock and should take about 40 minutes.  Next treatment will be for my face and then a 3rd one for my hands. They can't complete all of it at one time and it is done for precancerous prevention as well as treating skin cancer cells from sun damage over the years. I had this same treatment about 7 or 8 years ago and it's like a sunburn. I'll have to avoid the sun for a couple of days. No outside Christmas light for now.

Hi Bob. Ski on, dude, ski on !

Hey Jamie, gas prices have always been fairly high in Calf. although it's not the highest in our nation.  Per Google search, here are the states that have the high gas tax in order of highest : Pennsylvania, Washington State,  Hawaii

Hello Cindy and Hello Crunch.

Coffee time done and that's about all for now.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 07:46:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, we posted about the same time Badger. Good that the dentist caught the needed crown while you were down there. Thanks for the pictures !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 07:53:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My little Christmas tree

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/12/11 07:59:54

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 07:55:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It's sorta cute ( if the cat doesn't mess with it )

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 08:52:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

He was the athletic director at our H.S. in St. Charles. A well known and beloved father figure to hundreds of young people.

Cindy--We have the athletic directors covered in St. Charles, ON BOTH SIDES OF THE RIVER.  My cousin, who passed away about 5 years ago, was the athletic director at St. Charles High School in St. Charles Missouri!  Took the football team to State and won.  Powers that be named the stadium after him.  Also a beloved father figure to hundreds of young people on this side of the Mississippi as he was the director for over 25 years.

May they both rest in peace
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1867
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 09:08:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  11 now and enjoying a hot mug of coffee.   Yesterday I realized that I had forgotten to iron the tablecloth downstairs, so back out comes the ironing board and iron. Was feeling housebound so decided to run a few errands.  Headed to Kohl's for some specific items and found half of what was on my list.  Bought the holiday ham and headed home.  Put a half-rack of baby back ribs in low oven and decided to tackle the Christmas cards.  Finished those around 7:30 and decided to watch the Vikings game (ugh) and have a bite to eat.  

PJ, bet you're glad that the SC move is pretty much done.  Nasty weather and it does take a lot out of oneself when driving let alone pulling a U-haul.  Foggy mornings here lately and the hoarfrost was stunning yesterday.  That was great that you met the BF's parents and they helped out.

Badger, not sure what those food items were...and probably best to keep it that way.  Pretty pics of the Zocalo and I love the children dressed up in the holiday spirit with their little donation container. So cute.

SoSo y VSD, welcome home.

Twirls, are you okay?  Hugs.
  p
Cindy, thank Chris for the close-up pics of the wood carvings.  Incredible detail.  I can see why it took so long to complete the set.  Very special.  Bought some Burt's Bee lip balm yesterday.  Good stuff.  Sorry to hear that a dear friend passed.

Jamie, thanks for your insight on the weather.  I'm amazed that some of the animals in Paradise survived. 

Bernie, don't you usually put up a larger artificial tree?  Freddie explains why it is on the counter.  Hope the doctor appointment goes well and you get those lights up soon.  Two weeks from today, ya know?

Have a great day on the other mountain today Bob.  

Crunchie, how exasperating about Dad.  Perhaps Friday will be the deciding factor.  

Hi to all I've missed.  Must get myself cleaned up and to the grocery store and need to get some wash done today after cleaning bathrooms.  Make it a great day, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/12/11 09:10:18

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8279
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 10:21:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Woke up to beautiful scene.  Was absolutely delighted!  Caused by frozen fog from last night.

Spent extra time on yard patrol...  Just looking at the beauty of frosted trees against the brilliant blue sky. 

Been on the phone with BF since coming back in the house.  Her nephew passed away yesterday.
Had diabetes really bad since he was a child.  Died all alone of sudden heart attack.  Sad...

Cindy,  So sorry for the loss of your friend.  A very special man.  

MB,  The ironing board never gets put away here.  Stands at attention just in case I get in the mood
to do more ironing.  Yes, we are very glad to have this past weekend over.  Rested up now.  On to other chores 
preparing for Christmas.    

Bernie,  Cute Christmas tree!   

Jamie,  glad you are doing well in the California sunshine.  

UpHill,  hope you take some pics today on the slopes.  

Twirls,  pray you are feeling better.  Hugs

Crunch,  hope your dad makes a good choice on where best to live.  
Compassion and patience....this change in life's plans has been very hard on him.

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/12/11 10:24:39

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 12:31:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful pic PJ.  How cold is it?

MB - I read about that Vikings game.  Ugh huh?  They were so amazing last year.  What happened?

Bob - already epic?

Frank - just nice to see you

Soso and VSD - welcome home for the holidays

Badger - I STILL want to know what that was you ate?

Twirley - I hope you are ok

Bernie - I think your tree looks great
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13335
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/11 20:35:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Been a very rough day.  My rheumatologist ordered new xrays.  There is a network clinic here in Nixa and I managed to get in the car and drive myself because no one was available.  One of the technicians met me at my car with a wheelchair, which was great.  Trying to lay in position on the xray table was extremely painful.  My insurance company had denied the MRI so hopefully the xrays will show enough to warrant an MRI or show the problem.  Trying to force feed because nothing sounds good.  I'm in so much pain that I try to find a semi comfortable position and stay put.  Nothing is getting done towards anything about Christmas but oh well.

I'm enjoying just reading what's going on with others.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 05:39:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Last night was the annual Holiday Pops Christmas concert at the local high school by the Milwaukee Symphony. Marilyn is on the board of directors (in fact, a founder of the project) for scholarships for the high school. She has given us tickets for several years, and it is always a wonderful night. And Mucho$$ are raised for scholarships. Sold out, not a spare seat in the house. But a late night for us.

Frank, many things named after my friend's father, too. Taught Econ and Gov't, and coached Track and Field, as well as being Athletic Director for 38 years. Put him in the same category with my own father, as well as Marilyn's late husband; a true gentleman, always willing to mentor and help others, a Christian, and a man who always had a continuing thirst for knowledge. Respected by all who knew him.

PJ, GORGEOUS picture! So sorry to hear about your nephew. Damn diabetes. Has taken far too many of my family.
Bernie, cute tree, but being on a kitchen counter will not stop a determined cat.
MB, I'm still working on my cards. Hope to finish today.
Holly, so hoping you get some relief soon!
Paul, I want to know what the mystery meat is, too!

OK, I've run out of steam (and coffee!). Have a beautiful day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 06:00:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, it is already an epic season!

PJ, I didn't bring my camera with me, as I see it so often, it gets to be old hat, but that was a mistake yesterday. We skied right across from Mt Washington and the Mt. Washington hotel on a clear bright sunny day, with snow covering everything, the branches on the trees were coated..... My bad!

Twirley, if I were closer, I'd drive over and give you a very gentle hug. Wishing you the best. 

My skis are a calling!

Have a great day all. 

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 06:48:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Dang Twirley. I am really sorry.  Hoping they figure out something soon.  Ask for a cash price at a couple MRI places (by phone) and see what you can negotiate and just pay for it.  You need answers. Make sure they scan your pelvis too as that is the only time they really visualized my L4-5 cyst.  Just in case.  I sure wish you had more support there.  I know it is hard to be proactive when in such pain.  Believe me I know!  However, you have to rally and do it because nobody else really can or will do it for you.  Insist on consults.  Do you have something like we have here called "spine team"?  If not then look for an anesthesiologist who specializes in back pain.  I know it seems impossible right now, but you have to take action. Nothing is more important. When trying to get appts. at the height of my pain I would even cry while talking to them.  Couldn't even help it.  Sometimes it helped and sometimes it didn't............

Bobski - your new name Bob

That sounds like a nice concert Cindy.

Seeing the surgeon today.
post edited by crunch - 2018/12/12 06:52:51
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 08:17:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice sunny skies this AM but cool : 36F at 7:49. The high today 56 degrees. More rain tomorrow. Ugh.

Yesterday was breakfast at The Dawg House followed by a stop at Walgreens to get the rest of my prescription. Walgreen's had only 5 pills to fill a 'script of 90 this past Sunday. That was odd. After getting 85 more to complete the order, I scooted to my skin doctor's appointment. I misspoke on the length of time needed for the blue light procedure. After application of the chemical to my skin, I had to wait a full hour prior to the actual blue light lamp treatment. The lamp is only 16 minutes of skin burn; uncomfortable but doable. My next treatment for face is Jan 15th.

Got an email from Meredith yesterday. She booked a direct flight for a family visit in early August. Frontier has direct flights from Denver to Myrtle Beach during peak season of June/July/August. Pretty good round trip price for her, John, Jack and Sam for $ 545.  Score !

Today is mostly hanging around the house except to make a grocery run for the sale items. Just need to make sure the back of my neck is covered while outside. I have a solution to avoid the sun on my neck by wearing my zip up hoodie.

MB, I used to put up a large fake tree when back in Colorado but I decided not to move that across the country. Tried to sell it at a garage with no luck so I donated it to the Salvation Army store. Did you send us a picture of your tree yet ? Maybe I can get a couple of decorations up at my house today.

Speaking of trees, that was a very nice picture of that frosted tree near your house. Thanks for posting.
So sorry to hear about your best friend's loss.

Cindy, I know all about cats getting on top of high places. I'm surprised Freddie hasn't jumped onto the counter next to the refrigerator then continue to the top of the fridge and onward to the top of the cabinets. It's possible she has completed that acrobatic maneuver when I'm not around to see it.  I probably will have to move the little fake tree to the front porch. 

Bob, me thinks another trip to Mt Washington is needed to take those pictures, right ? hee,hee. I believe I read an old saying from long ago :  "do not stand between a man's skis and the fresh snow" or something like that.  Enjoy the slopes !

Crunch, I like your nickname for Bob : Bobski. It fits !  Good luck on your doctor's appointment today.

Must scoot.
See y'all later,
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/12/12 08:21:58

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 08:24:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SoSo, I forgot to welcome you and Glen home. Did you get your house thawed out yet ? hee,hee.

More travel pictures would be appreciated.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8279
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/12/12 09:17:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Back to gloomy weather here.  This morning's surprise was a huge red fox.
It was chasing prey in the leaves down the slope of the woods. 
Biggest fox I have ever seen in these parts.  Beautiful!  
We had thought the cougar might be hanging around again.  Kept hearing something
in the woods after dark the last few nights.  Caught a glimpse of an animal the size of a dog ...
but couldn't see it well enough in the darkness to identify it. 

Welcome back SoSo and Sundog. 

Cindy,  Glad you had nice time at the symphony performance.  
Love going to those types of events.   

Twirls,  thinking of you.  Praying you get some help.  

Bernie,  hoodie would be the perfect thing to keep your neck protected.  
Our cat pays no attention to the Christmas tree.  It is the butter dish we fight about.
Can't leave it out on the counter anymore...unless I hide it behind something.
Cat loves butter.  LOL

Page: << < ..871872873874875.. > >> Showing page 871 of 894
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5