Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..851852853854855.. > >> Showing page 855 of 857
Author
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 08:51:12 (permalink)
0 (4)
Morning all.

C&C..sorry..im not very good liar. 
Sorry for your loss.
We are truly at that age where we go to a lot of memorial services. 
One this Sunday and next Saturday for us.

SoSo.. enjoy your adventures in Mexico. Are you staying in any steveo approved places?
Remember...beer and ice. 😁
I miss steveo.

Jamie..the fires!

Badger. .that crown was $900. CASH. Yes, I Know. 
Nice job on c&C's barn.

Holly...welcome back. We enjoyed your FB posts. 

Anyone who gets bad colds, has heart disease, rhumatoid arthritis, etc. Please keep smoking cigs. 

Hopefully We will see you all at PM. And ABR.
I usually don't like to surprise people on vacation, but damn, when I see ppl having fun in Mexico, I want to be there and I have little self control. 😁

Crunch. snorkeling might be very good for your sciatic. Bring a foam cushion for hard wooden chairs. 

PJ.. you are going to like pomo.
Am I correct that the godfather of the bc is going to be there? Hope so.

Bernie..nice walking beach! 

We rode our bikes to the beach Thursday. There was a big sign at the beach that said "no red tide" but strangely the beach stunk. So sad. It's an "inconvenient truth"that  is going to bite Florida soon. 

MB. Nice Yard.
In Atlanta i had lawn like that and I turned most of it into natural area. 

Frank, personally, I think you should feel obligated to the group to go through with the amputation now that you've told us. 😁

Anyone I missed Hola. 

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 10:39:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky with a high temp of 40F today.  
Was up and down all night.  Had miserable allergic reaction again.  Bad stomach ache and hives. 
Don't know why.  All we had for dinner was spaghetti and garlic bread. 
Made that same recipe 100s of times never had a reaction.  
Kinda dragging around...under influence of Benadryl.  Don't expect to be very productive today.
I did make massive amounts of banana bread yesterday.  Put some in freezer.  Sent 4 loaves to
my brother and SIL for them put in their freezer.    

Cindy,  So very sorry that your BIL passed on.  Wishing you safe travels to his service today. 
I take 1000mg of fish oil twice a day.  One in morning.  One at night.

Twirls,  Glad you made it home safe and sound.  Bet your pets were happy to see you home.

jj,  Happy dress hunting.

May not post tomorrow.  SJ and I are going to make a run to Memphis access what we need to do/fix
to put the condo on the market.  Then bring back a truck load of stuff SC has already packed. 
Stow it in the game room.

Have a great day all!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 10:49:44 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bosco,  Does your face hurt?  Cause I just mentally slapped you really hard. 

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 12:27:12 (permalink)
+4 (4)
PJamigo
Bosco,  Does your face hurt?  Cause I just mentally slapped you really hard. 

I lol'd on that PJ

Working my last weekend ever. Ever. EVER!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 15:28:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, what did you 'smack' Joe for ? He's such a nice guy.

Hi BB !! Whoopie, no mas work on weekends.  Congrats. We will expect to see more of you on the BC, tho.

Weekend at Bernie's
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 15:56:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Congrats on the retirement, Beach Billy

jj, glad to hear you found someone reputable to fix your roof and chimney for a good price, that is good news.

MB, have a good time at the wedding. Your yard is beautiful but so BIG, wow.

C&C, sorry about your loss.

Badger, thanks for your super kind deeds.

PJ, good news about putting the condo on the market now that SC has moved and has a new job. Hope you feel better soon.

Good to hear from you Bosco, I think you post less than even me. HaHa.

Yes, we are having terrible fires here in California, no rain in over a month in the state, total of 6 fires, largest one is in a fairly rural area of NorCal, at least 9 died, many in their cars trying to flee the area. The largest one down here is the Woolsey fire which is mostly not contained yet, near the border between LA and Ventura County (next county north). Many towns are under mandatory evacuation including most notably Malibu. Sheriffs were going door to door yesterday afternoon and evening to notify all residents, PCH was shutdown going North and the 101 was shutdown in both directions earlier. Send good thoughts and prayers if you would, good folks of LG. Thank you so much.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 16:17:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Beach Bernie
PJ, what did you 'smack' Joe for ? He's such a nice guy.

Because he was being a "Knot".   The hard and mean spirited part of the family tree.

Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 21:02:49 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Mean spirited about what PJ? The cigs?
Sorry if I offended.

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 21:27:14 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Bosco,  Apology accepted.  Do it again and I'm going to mentally taser you next time. 

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 00:22:28 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Hmmm, I miss one morning check in and face slapping, snow,  thumb activity and all kinds of stuff going on...

Badger, I don't feel I need to publicly praise you for your endless kindness.  I've experienced it and YOU KNOW how I feel but it's wonderful to share your own personal feelings of joy when you do something like that.  You know and I know...like the trees know.

Now that's about as vague as I thought Bosco and a coupe others were/was.  Am I really that dumb?  Or do I just really understand his sense of humour and his "dark side"?  Sometimes comments go right over my head, mostly because I let them.

CHRIS, I ACTUALLY DO think you would ROCK IT with a short man tail.  NO PUN AT ALL.  Seriously, with you height?  YES, is my vote.

Speaking of, WHY DO WE HAVE A STUPID THUMBING VOTE, so to speak?  WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE?  I would like to have it explained why it's there and the purpose, as a LONG TERM LOYAL LOCOGRINGO participant.  
WHALE???   I VOTE TO GET RID OF IT!

JJ, I'm not sure what to say about your 2".  Yes, it's WAY TOO EARLY.  And it's kinda like sex, if you're going to suffer through it, 2"'s isn't worth having it at all...just a slushy hazard.  Now 8" to 10" inches is enough to enjoy and might keep you home for the day!  

PJ, I'm missing a link or left behind brain cells in Mexico but ...continued to the next page...

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 01:31:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Ok, I needed a smoke break...LOL.
So, back to the I'm dumb or brain dead ( I know some of you think that I'm always so stoned that I don't know what's going on, But you are so wrong because you don't know me) but I don't know why Bosco is getting slapped...the cig remark or the "I was at ABR" joke?  I know some people HATE cigarette smoking and I smoke but I respect that others hate it and I understand why.  I also hate someone nagging or beating me over the head with nasty comments about smoking.  Some think Bosco is insensitive.  I think he seriously speaks his truthful mind.  I respect that.  I do too.  Yes, sometimes I'm honest to the point of being hurtful.  I'm trying to learn the line between honest (particularly when I wasn't asked for an opinion) but not hurtful because I didn't phrase it correctly.  Many times I say what I meant but I didn't mean what you heard I said...
Bosco, I took no offense.  You know I'll tell you like I feel too.  AND YES, SMOKING IS BAD FOR US.  We know it, shut up about it to us oldies that are still hooked and don't want to fight it.  Harp to the youngsters, you might save someone.

NOW, back to self centered me...I thought I was going to suffer REALITY RENTRY syndrome this morning.  I didn't wind down until late last night and woke pretty early.  The time situation and sunlight has me screwed up but after a bit, my Mexico adrenaline kicked in and I got a lot done today...after sitting on my butt all morning.

Made plans with Ann and friends for dinner.  We all had been on vacation or gone in the last month and it was like we hadn't seen each other in years!  It was gloriously fun.  Ann and I got more in depth about understanding each other to form a better girl friendship.  We both feel the same about MEN.  I must say we both ROCKED IT, looking like a million bucks or maybe 2 million!  The freezing temperatures didn't have an affect on me...yet. I wore my new, almost knee high,  turquoise boots, tight black jeans, an aqua low V neck top and my new blue diamond necklace.  Yes, I splurged awhile back, when my favourite jewelry dealer had taxes due and needed to deal.  I'd been drooling over this one stone for about a year, but I didn't want a ring as it was set.  I bargained on the stone, traded in a couple old style pieces I'd inherited, used a couple other smaller white diamonds I had and VOILA.  A new custom pendant.  Sorry, I'm not bragging...but I never had nice jewelry.  I always had other more important needs.  Now that I can have a few pieces, I get excited.  I'm not one to take such luxuries for granted so it means something to me to be able to splurge occasionally.
Anyway, we 4 all looked fabulous.  And the one man in our group was hot too.  He, his wife, Ann and I all love and respect each other and just have FUN together.  He loves it when he's out with us ladies all dressed up.

Ann and I split about a 7 course dinner, seriously, and ate almost every bite.  I only had 1 & 3/4 glasses of wine at dinner.  But we had coffee after and I'm wide awake.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 06:12:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
LOL!!! Just enjoying the banter between PJ and Bosco. Love Bosco's sense of Humor. 

Yesterday, I went to orientation at Maine Adaptive. We went over the adaptive ski equipment, had some model it, discussed what we needed to be on the lookout for, what we'd have to do, etc. Etiquette was also important, as many of us simply don't know what is okay and what isn't. Simple things like referring to Larry, who had a vision impairment, instead the blind guy Larry. Basically, it is name first. They are a person, not an impairment. We were also told that it is okay to ask how blind they are, or say I'll see you later or gotta run. It's the common vernacular, not a reference to their impairment, and they won't be offended by it. We had a chance to break up into groups and sort of got to know everybody. Bernie, some of your magic must have rubbed off on me. I was grouped up with a nice you lady from Russia and 2 nice college interns earning a degree in physical therapy (4 year degree and 3 year post graduate, 7 years total in college). These two ladies, so willing to help out all the while running up a college loan tab, in a field that there is a lot of demand. Their learning will play into this program well, as will their willing hearts. 

We have a friend who bought a ski house last year, but she has mice. So she has asked me when I drive that way to check her mouse traps and reset them. Sometimes, I'll go  2 weeks with no mice, others, 3 mice overnight. So I was there during daylight a couple days ago, and I walked around looking to see if I could find any mouse entry points. We found one, under the bulkhead door, which I had previously closed off, but there are the mice already inside. Anyways, as I am walking around, I see a 4 foot section of her ridge cap shingles which had blown off all together in the front yard. 

I will be heading over today or tomorrow after skiing to repair that for her. I'll bet she'll take us out to dinner at a nice restaurant for this! Kind of how it works with us. I no longer have insurance or my LLC, so I really don't want to hire myself out due to liability. (I've always felt like a good job is your best warranty anyways, never had a claim). But.... I can help out a friend!

No hunting today (Sundays in Maine), so I'll also clear out some cross country ski trails out back across my neighbor's land (who gave me permission to do so). I'll wager he is looking forward to seeing a couple of those trails! I'll be wearing my new orange sweatshirt just the same! Once deer season is over, I'll make better use of those trails!

Twirley, how were you feeling down in Mexico, as compared to your home? Did the change in latitude  and the extra heat make any positive difference? I ask because many who leave here for Florida or Arizona say their aches largely go away with the warmer temps? Just wondering how the Vitamin Sea worked for you!

BTW, I'm with you on the thumbs. Especially when people who have nothing to do with the BC can come here and do this sort of thing. 

I suppose, the day is young and not gonna stay that way! Have a great day all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/11/11 06:46:52

Lovin life,
Bob

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 06:38:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Clubbers!

BB  Yeah!  I'm so excited for you!  I hope your last weekend is uneventful so you can just slide on out.  What is your official final day?  Mr JJ hung around and didn't do too much the first week and half.  Now he's busying himself with stuff around the house. I'm not sure he knows what to do with himself.  He now has time to help his sister with their Mom.  He took her to do errands Friday.. to the bank and grocery store, so that took up most of his day. 

That 2 inches of snow is still hanging around.  Yesterday morning, it was 19 degrees and that was around 9.  This morning, it's 23.  I think highs today is 40's.  Good football weather. Go Chiefs!

Uphill you've inspired me to get out and do something today.. So in my "embracing Fall" era, I think I'll hop on the rider and mulch some leaves today....after the game, of course.

Bosco That red tide!  I was reading on FB (I think it was in Anna Maria).  Some people are saying it's bad, and others are saying it's not near as bad as the media portrays it to be.  Is that because it moves around? I don't remember it ever lasting this long. educate me since you live there. 

Twirls  I can't drink coffee after noon.  It will keep me awake way into the night. So I load up on it in the mornings. 

Jamie  are you near the fires? Please be careful

I went shopping for a dress yesterday and ended up with pants.  LOL... It's all good. I only went to 3 stores and decided I was done shopping.  I need to get all of my laundry done and start phase one of packing.  Thursday will be here before I know it. 

Happy Footballing today!  May all of your favorite teams win today, (except the Arizona Cardinals)

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 06:56:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Today it will be a nice sunny day but a little cooler.  Predicted high under clear skies is 57 degrees. Currently, the temp is 42F at 7:03

No beach day yesterday. Was just too windy and I wasn't feeling like fighting it, so I went to Walmart and fought the crowds instead. In a way, I did do a walk, as I parked my truck waaay out in the lot. So far that I had to use the key fob to beep the horn and flash the lights to find where I parked. Wouldn't ya know that a few people parked around my truck but they had nice looking trucks as well. Anyway, got several items at Wally world, including some baking powder. My new found ocean quarter is soaking in it. After closer inspection this morning, I didn't see much change in the condition of that quarter. I think someone painted it a reddish color. Don't think I'll get very far with soaking in baking soda.

Hey Bob & Badger, what do you think I should use ?  I don't have a buffing wheel but to have a small wire wheel that I can put into my drill. Don't have a Dremel tool. Would have to place the quarter into my vise and do 1/2 at a time, then turn it around to do the back side 1/2 at a time. It's not that this thing is worth the trouble but rather I just wish to 'clean it up'. Does that make any sense ? It's the challenge.

Today I'm supposed to do a Costco run with Andrea around noonish and she also needs to return a few items at the big mall. We talked about having an early dinner at a new place in Calabash,NC. It's called The Oyster Rock. I'm not a fan of oysters but they have other seafood and the place has good reviews.

Note to self : don't mess with PJ. She's packing a taser. hee,hee.

Bob, that's a very worthy cause and you also get to ski as well. What's not to like about helping folks enjoy a day outdoors and ski some.

Hi Jamie.
 Hi jj.
 Hi Twirls.

Need to scoot.
See y'all.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 07:11:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Sunday

JJ/BeBe...My last day is November 30th. This is my last weekend on call. I am confident I'll have plenty to keep me busy. Plus, I joined the Y and plan on dumping some pounds that this job causes me to keep. You eat when you can and it usually comes through a drive thru.

C&C...Is your fuel oil tank above ground? How many gallons? Mine is an above ground that holds 500 gallons. I measured recently and have 200 gallons. 

Hunting season in full season. Hope "my" deer stay on this side of the road.

Have a great day everyone!

P.S.  Go ahead with the ponytail Chris. The tall Penn and Teller dude has or used to have one. I never can remember who is who
post edited by BeachBilly - 2018/11/11 07:13:13

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13680
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 07:21:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers. Later this am I will be heading to the local Remembrance Day service. It is just near freezing and very windy so it will be a cold walk. I go to honour my uncle Don who was killed in Normandy. If i had been a boy I would have been Don, but I'm Donna, instead. I also go to honour my Mom and his other siblings and his parents. He is buried in the same cemetery in France as his very best childhood friend, and 3000 other young men. We have been there and it is a sobering sight.
Football will be on the afternoon agenda.
Please, never forget.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 08:34:03 (permalink)
+4 (4)
I was never really mad at Bosco.  I also know his sense of humor after all these years on LG.
He slides little bombs in his post.  Runs back a safe distance and waits for the explosion.  So I gave him one! 
Didn't want him to be disappointed.  ROFL

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 09:19:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Remembrance Day folks

We have no service that I know of today here Nipper.  Therefore we will stand for 2 minutes of silence at 11:11 AM and instead of going to a Legion will head to Casa Cenote.  We have some BC new neighbours down here that will join us for a little snorkel and BBQ,  See if we can find the croc BeBe.  Sorry to hear about your stinky beach issue.

PJ you are tooo funny... we all need to laugh... best medicine.

And of course Badger is so kind in helping!

UHK you are so helpful fixing the mice problem.  Enjoy the back woods.

Was a gooder Bosco, jeje.  Geeze some ppl can't take a joke surprise very well. Still trying to figure out who C&C were going to surprise by not letting anyone know of their trip...  And don't feel you need to explain C&C. jeje 

You would get more attention with a mullet Chris, jeje.  Thanks for the pics

Holly, enjoy the jewelry.

JJ  Scott Brown has photos on FB that are awesome of the murals look up Scottbrownphotography. Or maybe PJ can transfer some over to LG.  Today is the closing day of the festival.  

MB hope your weekend is marvelous, we moved downstairs for 3 days, forgot how hot it gets in this place.  

Had a great time the other day with Sherry07 and her DH at the Jungle Fish Beach Club, nice place.  Banos are rated a 10 Crunch :)  Soon hon.  Hope your butt is behaving.  It is perfect snorkel weather right now, flat.  Several snorkeling outside the reef.

Congrats on your last weekend BB.  Found that after retiring I still don't have enough time in the day...  Good for YOU on joining the Y

Horrific fires Jamie, hope you have a hepa filter.  

Make it a good day everyone else

until move time
Save
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 11:03:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Wrote a long post early this morning, then when I tried submit got a message saying that feature was disabled or I was denied. That ever happen to anyone else? 
Bosco, I would have given you a mental kick in the shin for playing that dirty trick on us. Would have been fun to see you, though. 
 Service for Fred yesterday was very nice, followed by a large family gathering at a local restaurant. Long day of driving though. Weird how just sitting in a car whether you're the driver or passenger can wear you out.

Our snow is hanging around, too, JJ, but there are some mid-40's in the forecast for later this week. Begone!
BB, not much longer to go! Imagine things will be a lot less stressful for you. (at least I THINK your job would be a stressful one)
Not planning on much today except football. Schedule I have on the fridge says noon, but internet tells me 3:25.  Will check what the TV says to make sure.
Have a wonderful day all!
Cindy
I salute all the Veterans and fallen heroes.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/11/11 11:07:10

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 12:00:53 (permalink)
Bernie, I have never had any decent luck cleaning coins. The stuff that is supposed to work well is $$ while what I tried was too abrasive and ruined the coin. Kinda gave up after that. 

Opened up some trails in the woods for snow shoe jaunts, surprisingly quick to keep a trail open, as opposed to opening it up new. I'll need to load up the car in a little bit. The wind keeps a blowing but it is supposed to let up for tomorrow. I'll do the roof repair tomorrow. After skiing, of course. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 17:24:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  26 and cloudy but at least the winds have calmed down.  Left a bit later on Friday because of the snow that arrived the evening before and early Friday morning.  Worked out well and arrived in Alexandria around 2:30 p.m.  Phil, Holly and I met up with brother Paul and niece Christine and new BF, Chad They had a scare with a deer flying 12" over his big butt Ram and landing on hood of car behind them on interstate 94.  Back to Hampton and walked over to bowling alley next door to and had a few more drinks.  Played pool and then brother Kurt and wife Ann (bride's parents) joined us.  The groom's party was at the bowling alley after groom's dinner and we delivered Brett his BJ and video'ed the ordeal.  I took a fall right outside the hotel on the icy/snowy entrance on the return.  Thank goodness I didn't break anything.  Met Chris/Chad for breakfast with Phil/Holly Saturday morning and then checked out the Runestone Museum.  Back to hotel to get ready.  Decided to drive to wedding even though it had been snowing and blowing all day long instead of shuttle, which actually turned out to be a full-size bus.  Beautiful wedding and reception at the Carlos Creek Winery.  I was still up when the last shuttle bus brought back the wedding party and others after mid-night. Safe to say they had a great time.  Ran into niece, Kirstin the bride, trying to assist her twin sister into one of the suites.  Good time had by all.  Got back homr early afternoon today.  Picked up Princess Maya and am enjoying the Pack game.  I will post some pics soon.  Just a bit tired after a fun and busy weekend.  Read all the posts since I left and my mind is a little muddled right now.  

This is what's left of my Bandolino slings after an evening of dancing.  

In honor of our Veterans and their families' ultimate sacrifice with gratitude.

Glad to hear all are well and will get back into some sort of routine tomorrow and  post some pics.  MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 19:30:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
From SoSo FB page:
Beautiful hand work.  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 19:32:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
More from SoSo
A fine catch!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 19:39:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Scott Brown Photos of Akumal Art Festival murals

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/11 21:51:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
More Akumal Art Festival pics.  These pics were taken by Kat.

Page: << < ..851852853854855.. > >> Showing page 855 of 857
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5