Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..851852853854855.. > >> Showing page 854 of 857
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/08 17:06:34 (permalink)
+1 (3)
nice to catch up with old friends and make some new friends at the ABBWR

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/08 18:55:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening all.  24 and snow shower. Not much for me today.  Just finishing packing and orchestrating details for a ride with youngest bro and meeting up with other family members tomorrow evening.  Probably won't hear from MB until Sunday when I return.  Not looking forward to boarding the Princess Maya manana, but I will do what I need to do and glad it is a short stay.

Cindy, welcome back.  So sorry to hear to hear about Fred's passing, but in a much better place with Sis.  Good to hear your shoulder has improved. You were determined to make it happen and you did it.  Glad you had a nice time and some relaxation before the holidays set in.

Badger, hope that roof job went well today.  Winter in MN and WI has arrived, but good snuggling weather. 

Bob, lasagna sounds great after a day of skiing.  Need those carbs.  Did you get those steps prepped and back in place?  Probably missed that earlier.

PJ, thanks for the update on daughter. She is a keeper.  Hugs.

SoSo, where was my morning sunrise this morning.  You are on the naughty list.

Jamie, still having those warm CA breezes?  I'm kinda jealous.

Hola Crunchie.  Whatever you do....don't aggravate anything.  You got this.

Bernie, what ever happened to your cleaning gals?  Perhaps you took that task on yourself with Ms. Dyson.

Gotta get going.  Need a bite to eat and finish up things here.  Will take some pics of wedding to post and look forward to catching up on Sunday.  Be happy and well, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 00:51:02 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Thanks PJ, but you don't have to post pictures where I didn't see what I posted with clean glasses! Like my wrinkled blobs, ...LOL AUTOCORRECT.  Changed BOOBS to blobs...same as...  it's correct!  I'm leaving it as is.  

Cindy, good to hear you made the travel home as well as possible and are HOME. I'm glad to hear your tail end (LOL) of the trip.  My same thoughts regarding Akumal.  The service staff in many places is NOW what I love most about Akumal and surrounding area.  NOT THE AREA.  Memories and a few people.  I had a long time owner say that NOW they would more like to be in POMO rather than where they are but...rentals in Akumal and nearby do well NOW and in the past several years overall.  It's always LOCATION...X 3 but LOCATION BUT area favorites by everyone changes according to many things.  Personal and business wise.

I'm up way too late again.  I'm enjoying and don't have much to do in the AM and the airport is maybe 30 minutes at most.  
I didn't sleep through the massage today and it was incredibly fantastic.  And approximately $35. USD to pesos.  I asked KARINA to please still be here in May as I know many would or SHOULD get a massage .  Some of us DEFINITELY WILL.

I finally got a REAL gato/cat who appreciates the dry food I bought.  I don't see as many wandering  neglected animals as in previous years.  I know that they are still abundant but not as bad.  I'm sure other people like THE DOG LADIES are hard at work.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 05:24:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

Paul, so sorry we missed skype last Friday! I think we lost track of the days.
Cindy

OK, but we'll remember that when we next go to Mexico. We waited for you quite a while and were really looking forward to talking to Wilbert.

Good Morning Wrinkly Boobs, it's Friday.

Smooth flights, Twirls, sorry I had to cut our talk short yesterday, but we had to get that roof finished before dark. Thanks so much for donating to the "Dog Ladies', I know they do wonderful work!

MB, weather guessers are now saying 1-3" here today, down from the 7-11" they were forecasting yesterday. Me and one of my guys worked all day in a wet snow doing that roof (free of charge) for a lady whose husband passed away last winter at 60 years old. She was very happy and said her husband was probably watching from above with a smile on his face.

Lots to do today, better get at it.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 06:00:01 (permalink)
Good Morning
Wilbert gets off at 3 everyday. I don't think he would have hung around anyway.
Our snowfall looks like only an inch or so right now, hard to tell in the dark. Still coming down, and supposed to have snow showers off and on all day, but I think roads are warm enough yet to not get slick.

I have to start thinking about Thanksgiving. We will be 11, if I'm counting correctly. Will prolly have to use all 3 leaves in the table so Didi's highchair won't have to be on a corner. Box her in between her parents to minimize the "debris field", LOL. Mom is coming up a day or 2 early, so I will have some prep help. Eldest's GF is going to bring the mashed potatoes; son said 'she really LOVES making mashed potatoes". I wonder if it's a pent up aggression thing? Think I'll ask DIL to organize some appetizers. Youngest bro and wife are coming, too. Rest of remaining sibs all go to inlaws, except the bro that lives in Michigan, and he'll probably have to work (ER Doc).
That's it for me, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 06:09:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning.
I now automatically wake up at dawn.  This morning it's thundering but sky just has a few clouds and is clearing fast.

Not very much left to do.  One of the DOG ladies asked me to bring home an extra painting to mail to a friend.  Due to miscommunication I almost left it behind as cardboard trash.  My watercolor painting was on top of the thin cardboard and I didn't realize that the other was sandwiched between.  As I got ready to trash it, I noticed the label addressed food mailing.  It's going about 45 minutes from my house .  I found out the recipient is another dog lady with a rescue shelter who used to live here.  I'll
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29009
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 06:49:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Love the pictures, love your epiphany Twirley, very sorry about your sad news Cindy, but totally understand that his being in a better place is a comfort.

Gotta run.  Work is loco!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 07:08:45 (permalink)
+2 (4)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy out most of the day today. Maybe a little sun this afternoon. Current temp 58F at 6:56.  High is supposed to be 72 degrees.

Caught the sale items plus staples at the grocery store yesterday. Decided to get a jump on colder weather and shut down the sprinkler system for the winter. Also cleaned out my closet of some older t-shirts, short sleeve collared shirts, and pants that I no longer wear. I took a couple of bags of clothes over to the houses that are being built on the next block over. The labor workers were about ready to leave for the day and I asked if anyone wanted clothing that no longer fit me. Three guys rushed over to look at my stuff. They snatched up everything in about ten seconds and were holding the shirts up to see how they would fit. They were laughing as they 'traded' them with each other. You would have thought I was giving away bags of money. hee,hee.  I glanced at the t's they were wearing and noticed they had more holes than fabric. As I was leaving one shouted "gracias senior, bring us anything you don't want". I was smiling as I walked home knowing that my 'throw away' stuff just found some new happy owners.

Today I will probably finalize my hotel reservations for my May visit to PoMo. Nothing else planned.

Thanks for the pictures, Chris & Cindy. Chris, love that wind-blown hair look. hee,hee. Alma still looks the same. Glad you two are back safe and sound.

MB, funny you asked about the 'cleaning girls'.  The house is way over due for a good cleaning. I'll call my cleaning lady today to make an appointment with her. She doesn't have a helper during low season. Hope you have a good time at the wedding.

Safe travels home, Holly.

Badger, I don't envy you working on a cold roof in wet snow. Very nice of you to help that lady.

Hi Crunch.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 08:08:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas Dias

That was a quick trip C&C, sorry for your loss.  Glad you didn't slip and fall on those stairs.  

Looks like you need to make a decision Twirls.  Reminds me of a song... should I stay or should I go now...jeje

PJ such a great momma you are!

Hope everything is ok BB, hoping you are relaxing on a beach somewhere.

BeBe will you be staying the entire time in PoMo or are you coming down to see the rift raft in AK?

It is so easy to figure out who is down voting Badger you are correct.  Keep warm eh.

MB have a fabulous weekend with your family.  The photos are already snowballing on my huge SD card so I will be naughty.

Did a little walking around the Pueblo yesterday afternoon, the murals are fabulous. There is a very cool mural of a Ballyhoo on the pharmacia.  Bumped into Bart and Scott at different venues, everyone was out taking photos was nice to see them.  

Heading to the FISH today with a couple of LGrs then will take in the opening ceremonies of the Art Festival.

UHK smart arrangement with your GF.

Jamie hope that hair cut looks great.

Make it a good day everyone 

until move time
Save
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 09:32:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!  Cloudy, raining and much colder today.
To heck with the old baggy sweater.  Getting out my flannel insulated jacket with a hood.
All went well with heart doc.  He still wants do something about my cholesterol count. 
As I am intolerant of statin drugs.  Mentioned some kind of very costly shot... hmmm I am very leary.
It is a stand off for now.  So will continue with fish oil twice a day for now.
Nothing on my docket for today.  Maybe get a jump on some ironing for next week, make a pot of spaghetti sauce
for dinner or maybe do nothing at all.  We will see which way the wind blows.  LOL
Just remembered I had plans to make banana bread today.  Finally got all my ingredients in house.
My recipe calls for buttermilk.  Kept forgetting to buy it.  Cause.... I don't like it.  LOL
Badger,  You big hearted sweetie!  Hugs

Bernie pay no attention to the up down vote on your post.  I was playing around to see what happens
now I can't undo it.  Sorry.  So nice of you to share your clothes with those workers.  Wish I lived closer.
SJ has a ton of T-shirts that need to go.  Ball caps as well.  Maybe after I pry them out of SJ's cold dead hands.
I'll ship them to you.  SJ is a hoarder!  LOL

C&C,  Glad you made it home just fine.  Looks like you had a wonderful time at the ABR.
Your Thanksgiving plans sound wonderful.   

SoSo,  loving your pics on FB.  Hope you are having a great time.

Twirls,  wishing you smooth and safe travels today.

MB,  Hope you enjoy the wedding and time with family this weekend.  Safe travels to you as well.

UpHill,  soon you will be swooping down the mountain.  Enjoy!

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 10:35:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hey gang.

Just got all my bills paid and booked my Hacienda Morelos room through bookingdotsomething-or-another. Earned an extra 3000 A/A miles. That's how I like to do it !  Arrive April 29 and stay for 5 nights.

SoSo, yes I will come down to visit the poor folks at ABR. They are poor because they just blew all of their money on the nightly hotel rental. I'm spending 5 nights at ABR starting May 4th. I look forward to seeing you and all the other LG'ers that will be there.

PJ, I don't even look at that thing.

Off to go get some lunch. Maybe a short beach walk afterwards.

See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29009
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 12:22:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger - wow - your kindness is amazing.  Honestly, makes my heart sing to know there are people like you on the planet.

Bernie - what a great idea.  You made those guys very happy.

Soso - you sound so happy......

PJ - I will keep my eye out for other cholesterol options

Got to run.............................have to package up a bunch of brains for shipping.  I have a strange job.  only 50 degrees.  Yikes!!!!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 12:29:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger
MB, weather guessers are now saying 1-3" here today, down from the 7-11" they were forecasting yesterday. Me and one of my guys worked all day in a wet snow doing that roof (free of charge) for a lady whose husband passed away last winter at 60 years old. She was very happy and said her husband was probably watching from above with a smile on his face.

Badger, this really warms my heart.  I love hearing about things like this. Great job.

Second skiing in the books. There were only (what they call) 3 trails open, but they did manage to groom them. I don't believe there were 2 dozen of us skiing!!! Loving that. Tomorrow, Saturday, that will be a whole different story! I won't be skiing, it's orientation day at Maine Adaptive. I don't ski weekends anyways, simply too crowded and being retired....

Bernie, make the rewards work for you!! 

Sorry folks, not too chatty today, I must have lasagna on my mind....

Have a great day!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 15:46:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Some friends invited us to dinner tonight so no Boat Drinx.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 16:22:54 (permalink)
lo siento

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 21:45:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Im Home.  Unfortunately, i somehow accidently changed the typing Keyboard T9 german language.  Have to fix before i post again...Gold nicht.
Ist consulting und die Menschen  LOL 
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/09 22:17:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Fixed!  What a PITA.  I'm not sure how I keep doing that language thing, but occasionally I bump some key and WHOOSH, a different language every time.  Last time I think it was Japanese!

Got home at 7:30 instead of 5:30.  One seat on the plane from Atlanta wouldn't stay in the upright position.  The plane wasn't full but the couple who had one of the seats didn't want to split up.....   People finally started offering to do ANYTHING to get us out of there.  Finally got a close enough agreement to split a few seats away and they hoped that the other person would change seats to allow them to be together.  PITA PLURAL.  

I'm tired and watching the news.  I missed the local news and My WEATHER STATIONS. I'M weird.  I like watching weather stations.  

Cindy, sorry about your family loss but as you said...
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 03:51:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Guten Morgen Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Thanks for the compliments, I figure I'd better help others out when I can to make up for the bad things I did when I was younger.

MB, hope you have a great time today!

Bernie, nice job giving the clothes away, puts a smile on my face.

SoSo, yeah, you're probably right about who it is.
Glad you are having a exciting and fun filled vacation! Wish you could post more pix here.

Looks like we got about 3" of snow and the current temp is only 18F, it's about 2 weeks early for that kind of weather here. Heading out to the off-the-grid cabin for a work party today, will talk to you Monday morning.
post edited by Badger - 2018/11/10 03:53:18

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 05:15:46 (permalink)
Good Morning
Twirley, Ach du lieber!
Currently 19F with a high of 28 today. Snow WAS about 2", until the wind kicked up. Yes, this is early for this kind of weather. Under a wind advisory as well, so probably feels like 0 outside. Have to head out for St. Charles, Il at about 7:30 am. Not looking forward to the wind pushing our high profile vehicle around on the highway.

Bernie, yeah, we were rockin' the beach hair look. In some of the pics it looks like my hair had blown off completely. Chris is contemplating growing his hair long and wearing a pony tail. (NO "man-bun"!) Just a little biker-tail. Opinions, y'all?

PJ, what amount of fish oil do you take? I take mine at night so if I get fishy-burps I'm asleep and they don't bother me. Used to take just one, but bumped it up to two. Since I did that my HDL has gone up, giving me a better LDL/HDL ratio and that satisfied my doctor. My LDL is in the range that USED to be OK. Then they changed the guidelines, and the badgering started. But mine has been consistently the same for as long as they've been checking it, so with my good ratio, they have now stopped badgering me. I don't want to take statins either.

Hola to all, I've got to begin getting ready to hit the road. Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 07:48:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning clubbers. 

Well, we finally got snow (around 2 inches)  It's almost all gone now, but with the wind whipping around, it felt way colder than 30 yesterday. I don't know the temps today, but I'm happy the sun is out.  It's been cold, with dark gray skies for the last 3 days. 

Badger.. What a wonderful thing to do.  You are so nice.
We called a third roofer that is also reputable and I have used them on one of my last homes (pre Mr JJ)  They came in $1000 less and that's with them removing the chimney below the roof line and using Timberline HD shingles. He also said we have some hail damage, so we are going to file a claim with the insurance company... Some things have a way of working out. 

Crunch... Just around the corner!  move slow and easy sister. 

PJ  Sometimes it is hard to keep the opinions to oneself.  You are correct.. SC has to find out for herself, what is good for her.  It's hard to let go when they are truely adults. You raised a bright young lady!

Twirls  Welcome home.  Nice that you did some charity work with the dogs and dog ladies. 

SNF  Does that mean you won't have a job? or do you work at a different place?

Jamie  Nice windfall!

Uphill  Sounds like your season has begun.  Good for you. 

SoSo... since you are going to be naughty, does that mean you are going to post some of your wonderful photos? I'd like to see the murals. 

I need to find something to wear to my nephew's wedding this weekend.  We leave for GA Thursday, wedding is Friday.  

Have a great weekend kids!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 07:51:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy damp conditions this AM. Must have been raining just before I woke up 'cuse I was sleeping soundly. The weather man said we will have mostly sunny skies starting at around noonish. Right now is kinda yucky.
The current temp is 59F at 7:42 and that will also be the high for today.

I did do a shorter walk on the beach yesterday. The ocean was calm but the cloud cover was low and heavy, almost fog-like.  Wasn't feeling like a long walk so just did a shorty of 35 minutes. Found a coin almost buried in the wet sand. Couldn't tell exactly what kind of coin I had found as it was pretty corroded. Took it home and soaked in it some oxi-clean, as I didn't have any baking soda ( what the heck would I do with baking soda ). After soaking and scrubbing, I got the obverse clean enough to see what looked like a depiction of an old cabin with a hand water pump in front of it. I could make out the word "Nebraska" and 2015 at the bottom. The front of the coin as still 99% hidden but I can read "in God we trust". Well I knew right away that I had a USA coin with a ridged edge and the size of a quarter. I googled it and discovered it is indeed a quarter and a 2015 commemorative of the "Homestead, National Monument of America" found in Nebraska. What is somewhat interesting is that this type of coin was minted and sold to collectors only, meaning it was not distributed into the general public circulation. Some one lost their collectors coin on the beach. If you are curious, google it. I thought it looks pretty cool.  Sorry to run-on. I do that. hee,hee.

No clue what I'm doing today. Maybe another beach stroll when the sun pops out.

Welcome back Chris and Cindy. Cindy, I missed your daily posts. Reference Chris with a pony tail, please tell him I said it won't make him any younger. hee,hee. Now if he's looking for attention, go for it !

MB, hope the drive to the wedding goes well. Hope you can post a few pictures for us. See ya Sunday.

Welcome back Holly. Glad your stay in Mexico was mostly good. At least you didn't drown, get electrocuted or travel in a car that hit a water truck. Or was that an ice truck that I clipped ? 

Badger, happy to put a smile on your face. That's all the reward I need in my life, just to know I make a few folks laugh or smile from time to time. Now get back to work !!!  hee,hee. Hope the weather will give you a break on your jobs. I would advise to stay off a roof when it's snowing. Seriously.

Bob, quit goofing off and get back to skiing on Monday. ja,ja,ja

Cindy, safe travel on those roads.

Gotta get moving. Coffee done. yesterday's pictures to follow.
See ya'll later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 07:55:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops jj, darn near stepped on you post. We 'side swiped'. hee,hee. Always good to hear from you. Yes, please hire out that roofing job and don't let Mr jj go up there !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 08:00:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cloudy day and the view to the South is almost empty of beach folks

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 08:02:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
same with the Northern view. Looks like rain is coming

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/11/10 08:03:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
the calm before the storm

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..851852853854855.. > >> Showing page 854 of 857
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5