Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 835 of 838
Author
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13679
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 08:33:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Frank, I too am sorry that your solution is extreme. I am sending good wishes.

MB, thanks for the pictures and safe travels for you and Bernie.

Thanks for the turkey day greeting, PJ. We had lasagna this year but did finish with pumpkin chiffon pie!

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 17:19:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just a little bump to get Nipper's post out of cyber limbo.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 19:56:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

Frank, please check in.

You too, lurkers.
Susy, I know you are back.  I did see most of your FB POSTS but please give us your mini report.  Where did you stay and how was it?

I didn't do much today.  I did go for massage therapy.  My first time in a while due to summer activities and then shingles.  I enjoyed it.  I've had a couple of ribs out of place since I tumbled out of the booth at the restaurant.  After the massage, I was able to shift the front ribs and that helps the back ribs to stay in place.  Much better now.  I've had chiropractic care since I was in my late teens.  I know my body well.

Tonight I ate a portion of last crab leg that I ordered online.  It was absolutely delicious.  I will say, as well as the others who ate them, they were the BEST EVER.  If you like crab, order from an Alaskan company direct.  A bit more   expensive, if you get the great big ones, but worth it.

It's raining steady and the temperature is dropping.  I've already set the thermostats to HEAT because tomorrow it just keeps dropping  until the 56-60° range.  BRRRRR.

18 days until I fly south.  One of these days it will be for the entire winter.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 20:07:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening all.  Current temp 83.  Beautiful weather day.  Made myself some breakfast and hung out on deck for coffee.  Decided to do a walk about; wrong time of day for sure. Quick swing by Que Onda to say hello to Oscar and then cracked a cold one after that.  Interesting couple staying here.  Brenda was headed down to pool and invited a visit with husband Jack.  Listening to their life inspired me to dream big and travel more.  Been all over the world and they lived in MN for awhile and had a place in Spain, She is from Detroit and he from New York originally. He said enuf of MN and they moved to CA.  To make a long story shorter, I had seen them last Wednesday at Que Onda and then realized they were staying here.....damn I thought I had a Morgan Freeman sighting here.  They had a good laugh about that one and have heard that before.  Traveled all over the world and are on another tour.  I was able to provide some insight on Israel for them as that is on their list as well.  He had been there many times serving in the Marines, but this was on her list.  Sorry to have bored anyone with this story, but as it turns out he is 91, looks like 60 and she is 68  and looks like late 50.   Guess they found that fountain of youth or pure love.

Frank, been praying for you, BeachBilly and the rest that are ailing/hurting.  

Bernie, too bad our dates of travel didn't work out this time around.  Maybe May.  One never knows.

Cindy/Badger, hope all is going well.

Happy belated Thanksgiving  Nipper.  

SJ, sounded like a nice visit to national park.  Hope all is well with you, SJ and SC

Too quiet on this forum as of late. Water issues here at condo.  Last night at 10 p.m. no wate on one side of bldg.  Ernesto got me enough aqua to flush toilets.  They were working on it again today.  Really not a big deal for me, but just want the other guests to enjoy their stay.  Sama, MB

RealMcCaugheys
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 104
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/09 23:05:21 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Love to binge on a good Netflix series while listening to the waves from the house after a beautiful day!  

post edited by RealMcCaugheys - 2018/10/09 23:09:49

Brian & Stacey - The Real McCaughey's

Akumal - It can't be explained, it has to be exprienced!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 04:43:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had 2 nice days in a row, but the rain returns today. 90% chance. With some heavy downpours. But work has progressed nicely. Depending on the rain, I'll try and get some pics today. Paul is still pretty sniffly, but seems to feel better. At least he was talking to me this morning at 4:15am instead of one-word growls.

Saw the doc last evening. She thinks it is rotator cuff as well. Took Xray, she'll call today with result to see if I need to see ortho. The good news is I might just need some PT. Lots of ligaments in there that just get strained sometimes...picture will show if I have some arthritic build up in there, but she couldn't hear any grinding or catches as she moved arm. Hallelujah! I am not totally broken.

MB, that sounds like peeps I would like to sit and talk with. What fun! Glad that Michael skirted you, but look out gulf coast! It's a Cat 3 this am and gaining strength.
Hola to all and have a great day!
Cindy
 Edit: Michael is a Cat 4 now.

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/10/10 05:08:00

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 06:37:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers for all in the path of Michael. Sorry to hear it is cat 4 now.

Cindy - great news. I hope it is just a PT fixable thing for you.

MB - I am loving your pictures. So glad you and Kat could talk. I am sure there are things only one who has been there and done that can understand and share.  What a neat couple you have met. Love a great conversation in the tropics.

Frank - I prayed last night that they are wrong and if not that you will have the strength I know you have to endure and overcome.

Wish I could hear the waves right now RM's. I am jealous. We just started season 2 of Ozark on Netflix. Love that show.

Very glad to hear you are feeling better Twirley. You too Badger.

I better get get some work done now or else my boss will not be a happy camper
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 06:55:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Raining and windy this AM and will that continue for a few hours until we have partly sunny skies. It's warmer than normal for this morning : 79F at 6:56 with a high of 83 degrees. Tomorrow is a rain day from the tropical storm. Was just checking the hurricane on the radar; nasty looking thing !

Yesterday I treated my new neighbor Chet to lunch at my new place to eat breakfast or lunch : The Dawg House.  We both had a delicious breakfast. It's a fairly small place with a friendly atmosphere and great food. Have driven past it a 'thousand' times but never stopped by until a few days ago. Keith/Deb/Bryan had mentioned the good food. It was packed with locals and I chatted with one of the owners while dining at the counter. Will see if I can remember to get a few pics of the place. After brunch, I shopped at Walmart for a back-up alarm clock. Old fashioned wind up with turn keys on the rear for time & alarm. Cheap too. I'll only use it when I need to make sure I get up early to catch a flight; can't always trust the electric power these days and I have no "real phone" to use.

Today not a whole lot to do. Will pay a couple of bills on line and last minute stuff prior to travel. I'll get my clothing 'staged' for packing tomorrow ( anyone else do that ? ). Looks like Friday will be a good day to catch a flight, as the the storm will have passed through the area on Thursday.

Thanks for the safe travel wishes. As I have mentioned in the past, the only thing I require when flying is to take off and land in one piece. If that doesn't happen, all else won't matter. hee,hee.

Hi Bob. When will you start the concrete project ?  Winter around the corner.

Hi BeachBilly !

Holly, you sound a little more chipper these days. Good !  Probably because you will be going back down to your 'happy place' in a few days. Maybe that and your new bed.

MB, one day we can get our travel dates to 'click'. Yes, next May is a high probability. We can talk about that when I get back home. In the meantime, enjoy your time in Mexico.

Hi nipper.

Hi RealMcCaugheys !  Brian & Stacey, we met, si ?  Oh, there I go again with my memory. Not to worry, another couple of "new friends" !!  Please join us on the BC as much as you wish. Welcome.  Where do you live in Kansas ?

Cindy, good that you had two days of sun. How much work left ? Crossing my fingers for your shoulder to NOT require surgery.

Hey Crunch, been looking at return flights out of Cozumel in case I can do a 'visit to meet you guys. Thus far, no 'cheap mileage one way'. Was trying to locate Cancun down for May PoMo and then the ferry over to Cozumel for a few days and then return home with a flight out of Coz.  If I can make it happen, will let you know.

Time to stop being lazy.
See ya'll,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 07:40:03 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good morning.  Current 79 with a high of 91.  For all of you that need a little sunshine to brighten your day.

Must get my walk in.  Make it a great day.  Later, MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 07:56:00 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and raining here.  Temps are dropping.
Was exhausted last night.  From running errands and grocery shopping.
Went to bed very early.  

Cindy,  glad Badger is feeling better.

MB,  sounds like you are having a lovely time. 

Prayers for Florida. 
Have a great day all.... 

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 08:06:03 (permalink)
Cindy, best wishes for good healing. We don't heal as fast as we used to, eh? All the best.

MB, temps yesterday topped 70, and today, it's topping 80. I mean, what is going on??? And thunderstorms tonight, rain tomorrow. Then back to more seasonal weather. I guess I can put the kayaks up for the winter ....

Which brings me to my latest project. My rear porches are rotting away. They were just temporary steps, built back in 2012!!!
I've finally decided what I am going to do for my two rear porches at my house. I could simply rebuild them with spruce, and have to re-do them again in 5 years, or use pressure treated and redo them in 10 years (more $$$) or use trex and maybe get 20 years (more $$$) or go precast (more $$$), but salting them if the ice gets bad is an issue, or I can go granite and never have to replace them or worry about salt, etc.... (even more money).
I am leaning towards granite, despite being the rear steps, simply because in the long run, they would be cheaper and more durable.

To do this, they recommend a 6" concrete slab to support them. So for the one that is at the house, I drilled the rebar into the foundation, so the slab won't settle next to the building as the backfill slowly compresses over time. I added 2" blueboard insulation for frost protection and did a 1 foot grid of #4 rebar.

First thing, I need to dig out the area, rake it out flat, hand tamp it, rake again, tamp again, get a nice 1/4" to the foot slope so water will run off the steps and not sit there and freeze into ice (too much). 

Note the holes I drilled into the foundation, they'll come into play later. 
The other slab:

So I ordered the materials for forming the slab, the rebar and some 2" styrofoam for frost protection. It'll help a good deal. The best way to do this is to excavate and put a full frost wall foundation in place, which I have done before, but this works really well anyways, so I am going with this method (AS with my whole life, I don't want the Volkswagon, don't want to pay for the Cadillac, a Buick or Pontiac works just fine for me). You can see where I pinned the rebar to the foundation, so it never settles nearer the house.

The other slab:

Now for the concrete. With the rain coming in, it looks like it'll be Friday....

In the end, these will make a good base for whatever I do put in for stairs, wood, trex or granite. But I'm gonna save up for granite and in the spring, hopefully, set them in place. Never worry about them again, if it's granite. For now, I'm gonna set the "temporary" steps back on the slabs. If you look close at my second picture, you may make out some nails protruding from the bottom of the stair structure, and if you look over towards the building, just to the right side, you'll see some rotted boards sitting there. So when I pull the forms off, I'll use some of them to replace the rotted boards, for another temporary set up to get me thru the winter. 

Gonna get a little busy now, have a great day everyone!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 10:15:19 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
I couldn't sleep last night.  I didn't get sleepy at all but around midnight I made myself go to bed.  I was comfy but only slept a couple of hours.  Finally got up after 8.  Wanted to check the hurricane situation but 4 out of 5 TV's were not working.  And my phone didn't charge over night so I had to change location and plug it in so I could call DISH.  Meanwhile I went around unplugging and replugging every TV.  WHAT A PIA first thing in the morning.
Then the Dr 's office called to discuss my colonoscopy prep.  LOVELY with my coffee!

MB, glad you found someone to visit with.

Good to hear that you had some rain free work days, C &C.

Everything else I have forgotten...
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 12:21:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie - have a fabulous trip!  We have not bought Cozumel airfare because it is still outrageous.  Yikes.

Bob - since you plan to live there until you die i would think go with granite. You will not want to be replacing it when you are in your 70's most likely.

Gorgeous pics MB.

We are having a serious cold front for at least the next 10 days. Highs/lows in the 70's and 50's and then 60's and 40's. Is it December?
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 15:07:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, I know that is cold for your neck of the woods, but it might make you feel better to know that Paul will be going home to more than possible snow for the weekend. Hard frost for us for the weekend; I spent part of the day getting out my turtle necks  and sweater tunics.

The guys have suffered through several downpours today, and the temps are dropping. In the 60s right now, kind of a shock after it hit 80 yesterday. Making spaghetti tonight (or as my family calls it thanks to my 2 youngest brothers "ba-sketti") Have the meat sauce simmering. Salad and garlic bread, and I'll pick out some Italian red to go with it.

Raining again, so probably no pics today.

Was just looking at Michael's path, looks like Bosco is safe from this one. But the panhandle is getting hammered. Praying  there are no deaths from this one.
CJ
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/10/10 16:04:59

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 17:25:14 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Good evening all.  Current temp 88.  Had a nice day after my walk. Had a bite here, showered and Christie cleaned while I attempted to get ready for my visit with Malu.  She had some ice tea and for me, some cerveza.  Had a nice visit and she was off and talked about some possible travel in the future.  All business aside, I like her personality, demeanor and the fact that she is strong woman that has made her way in life.  Admirable qualities in my book.  Headed down to Que Onda and had a mojito but it was so darn hot after one I left and headed back to the ocean breezes and view at condo.  The guys finally finished and hung the sign.  Owner, Maribel arrived today with hubby from Switzerland and hope to see her tomorrow.

This is the view when I returned, but no rain.  

All good in the Akumal hood.  Last full day manana.  MB

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/10 21:45:54 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Evening BCrs

Thanks PJ for the Thanksgiving wishes, next time a lasagna like Nipper’s😬 cause it was to much organizing. Borrowed a few chairs to fit everyone around the table, invited the DIL’s parents. They all enjoyed a swim and hot tub in the rain, was a fun day.

Geeze Frank sorry to hear about your arm and infection etc. Yes indeed your life will change. There are some excellent prosthetics around, do you have access to some resources?

Cindy maybe they just need to scrape your shoulder, good luck. When are you going snorkeling next I wanna watch LOL.

Crunch you getting a wee bit more relief now?

Hey Bosco how is your weather, our son is in Atlanta tonight and mentioned it is coming down pretty good way up there.

MB fabulous photos, thank you for posting, went way to quick.

BB are you dreaming about your retirement daze and how you will fill them😜 How did the claim process go?

BeBe have a safe trip, enjoy those sargasso free beach walks.

SNF your trip photos are awesome!

Hi Jamie, Pam, Suzy, GmaDeb, Gem, Mapes, St Heidi

Pablo you feel better now, certainly hope so.

Nice UHK You make it look easy.

Twirls yes will see you this fall, pack my hat please, jeje thanks.

Tomorrow will start winterizing the many planters day. Everyone make your day a good one!

until move time
Save
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 06:48:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Basketti sounds delicious.  I want some with the garlic bread.  Please send me a plate.

MB - Malu sounds like my kind of people. Please tell Que Onda to get ready....I am dreaming of my Viva Mexico there in November.

Frank - I hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you constantly.

Soso - sounds like a great T-Day for your family.  A little relief from the terrible Neurontin, but not a lot.  I go tomorrow afternoon for the spinal injection. Waiting for my pelvic MRI results also.  2 good things about this horrible 3 month adventure so far.  I found out my husband really meant his marriage vows (in sickness and in health), and pain is great for weight loss ha ha.  Got to always look on the bright side eh?

I sure hope the weather gets better for Badger and his co-worker and I hope the snow stuff does not materialize.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 06:53:51 (permalink)
Soleil Soul
Nice UHK You make it look easy.

Apparently, I need to have someone take pictures of my sweat soaked body!!! LOL! (All this prep work took a total of 5 hours)

Yesterday, I opted out of ordering concrete, or going kayaking, because of rain in the forecast. Yup, still no rain. I could have completed this project, or gone and had fun. Phooey! Again, rain forecast for today, oops, hold on, it is raining. Phooey again. LOL! I'll try for tomorrow. 

MB, loving the pics, keep em coming. 

Crunch, yes, since this is my retirement home, I'm gonna do granite, one way or the other. Sometimes I consider moving to Florida to retire, we have some friends there who rave about it, and then I get an 80 degree day here and that sets me straight. I live so close to a ski mountain and have so much fun doing it.... I don't need any reminders all winter long as to why I live here. 

Gonna be a boring day today, I suspect. Have a great one for me!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 07:14:28 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Howdy and good morning all.

Today it will be cloudy and rainy most of the day. We are under a tropical storm watch with max winds up to 30 mph. Current temp 79F at 7:32 with a high of 83 degrees. The forecast for tomorrow should be fine for an early morning flight.

Yesterday I went to the store for some sale items. The body shop called to say my truck should be ready today. I didn't expect it would be done until I got back home from my trip. The owner said they got approval from State Farm to replace the entire right rear quarter panel.

Other than getting my truck sometime today, the only major thing needed is to pack my carry-on piece of luggage. I shall savor that task. One more sleep !

Oh, I almost forgot : today is trash day. hee,hee.

Bob, do you rent a mixer for that concrete job ? So far it looks very nice. I'm beginning to understand that you like to have your jobs to be " just right " and all planned out fully. Thanks for the pictures.

Hi PJ, Holly, Cindy.

MB, enjoy your last day and thank you for all of your pictures.

Crunch, I don't know what's going on with the Cozumel flights. Pricing should have dropped by now,si ?

Thanks SoSo. Have been watching the Akumal beach cam every day. Please enjoy your Winter-long Mexico vacation, you 'brat of all brats'. ja,ja,ja. May we call you Queen Brat now ? hee,hee.

See you pictures when I get home, Bob.

Gotta get that trash our.
See ya'll.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 07:30:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
41 with a high of 43 and 20-25mph winds gusting to 35. In other words, miserable weather to wrestle siding. I believe they are done with the big shed, just have to do the small former milkhouse that houses our well head. It is an old-school milkhouse, has the concrete trough for keeping milk cans cold. The old dairy barn collapsed years ago; we let the local volunteer FD use it for a practice burn. But the old timey silos are still standing. The guys need to be home tomorrow, so I hope it goes well for them.

Have an ortho appt next week. The xray did show arthritis. What I'm hoping for is a magic shot. I don't think the arthritis is bad enough that they'd scrape it, (not bone on bone) and ortho will tell me if it is more of a tendonitis thing. Only 20 days till snorkeling, so hope they can do something. Getting a bra on and off is quite the project.

Chris is not as solicitous as Tomas, but he has been pretty good about helping with dinner cleanup and even doing dishes a couple of times.
Gonna make a quick run to Costco this morning for a surprise for Paul to take home. Need to check when they open this am, so I can make it a very quick trip.

MB, I am going to miss your daily photos! Have a wonderful last day!
Wish Frank would check in. Sending lots of prayers and hoping he got a second opinion.
Everyone have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 07:41:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Chris just went out and talked to the guys, apparently they plan on leaving in an hour or so, and come back on Monday. They must have decided it is just too windy to put up siding. So I won't fight the wind going to Costco today, either.  
CJ

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 09:24:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning. Pic from last evening during sunset.

Another beautiful day here.  82 now with high of 88.  Never get tired of waking up to this.

Was catching up on my daily journal this morning thinking it was Friday so I've gained a day in paradise.   Late for my walk. Have a beautiful day all.  Later, MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 09:25:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with a strong breeze here.  High temp in mid 60s.  
Nice to turn off the a/c.    

SoSo,  you've been busy.  Glad your family gathering went well.

MB,  wonderful pics!  Wishing you safe travels home tomorrow.

Bernie,  busy day for you.  Hope the truck repairs are to you liking.
Have a great time in Tulum.   

Cindy,  sure hope there is a no surgery answer to your shoulder pain.

SNF, looks to be having a great time in Portugal with her friends.

Praying for the people affected by hurricane Michael.  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 09:51:54 (permalink)
Beach Bernie
  Bob, do you rent a mixer for that concrete job ? So far it looks very nice. I'm beginning to understand that you like to have your jobs to be " just right " and all planned out fully. Thanks for the pictures.

Bernie, I learned long ago that the difference between almost right and right really was often no more than a couple minutes and few dollars. A friend loves to say you are about 2 minutes away from being a good carpenter. When I do a job, I am often looking for what else can I do right now while it is easy to do? For example, putting in one extra outlet in the living room before sheet rock goes on is really easy. But once you get the furniture in place and you don't have a readily accessible outlet that you allows you to reach the entire floor with the vacuum cleaner.... I remember telling my electrician I wanted an outlet "right here" he said code doesn't call for it. I said I will pay him extra to add an outlet, does this home look like a starter home?

I do a great deal of planning on every job I do. Basically, I sit down and virtually build the project in my mind. I have two lists going, one is time, the other is materials. I need to allocate the right time allowances and make sure the materials are on hand. Pretty much part and parcel of being a builder. What this allows one to do is build with abandon, never trying to figure it out on the job, while men stand around, or you're waiting for materials that should already be there.  Can't control the weather, though. Sure, I could build a tent over my concrete pours, but this job is not time sensitive, so I'm not expending that cash. 

One more favorite saying: I have one chance to do it right the first time. I still mess up, it's life, but I learn from it. I used to be really hard on myself, not as much any more. 

Oh, about the concrete mixer. I could have had the bags of concrete sent over with the materials. (I'd have to keep them dry with the rain coming). And I have often mixed bags in my wheelbarrow with a hoe. When I started out, that's how we mixed the mortar. Some quick math disabused me of that whole notion for this job. It'd cost me $210.00 for enough bags of ready mix cement. (I could use Portland cement and get a load of rock and sand, which would cost loads more). But I also placed a call to the ready mix concrete plant. They could ship me out, coming right down a chute, the amount of concrete I need for $240.00. No need for me to either rent a mixer or work up a sweat mixing it. All for $30.00 extra. Lessee, I could mix 52 eighty pound bags of concrete and save $30.00.... uhhhh, no! I have it set up for tomorrow when the rain ends. 

And you know what I said about what else can I do? Yup, I need a little more concrete. I have some granite cobblestones surrounding my bird feeder pole out front, with crushed rock inside it. The squirrels are always kicking out the rocks and they are constantly filled with rotting bird seed husks. I've dug that out and reset some of the turned cobblestone and have that ready for concrete to go in. The seed husks will sweep off easier and no more rocks in my bark mulch.

You can see I had to level up the cobblestones a bit and I backed them up with a little bark mulch, exposing one of my irrigation lines. I'll have to place the concrete carefully, so as not to upset any of the cobblestones, then I'll get some more bark mulch to landscape back up to the cobblestone. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/11 11:01:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just back from my walk.  Ran into former gardener at YKC, Humberto, who is now working at Gatos in North Akumal.  We had a nice visit and I continued on my walk down to the original lagoon entrance.  Now charging a fee to enter and use the restaurant onsite.  No big deal for me as their pricing was high with a limited menu.

PJ, I was off on my days here thinking today was Friday.  I fly out on Saturday so happy I have two more full days.  Thanks for the well wishes.

Cindy, really too bad about the lousy weather during your project.  Wising you a good prognosis on the shoulder.  Didn't realize you were traveling so soon.  Where ya headed?

Frank, are you doing okay? Curious if you got a second opinion and sending prayers your way.

SoSo, looking forward to some updates on your next adventure.  Safe travels and lots of fun.

Bob, thanks for the laugh.  Enjoy your boring day.  Maybe go see a movie.  

Bernie, thanks for setting me straight that today is really trash day Thursday.  Safe travels tomorrow and hope you are happy with the body work on the truck.

Badger, safe travels home today with your buddy.  Take care.

Time for some breakfast.  MB 

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 835 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5