Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 834 of 872
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13333
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 09:43:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I was sleeping in until the Yorkie next door was let out.  It barks non stop when outside.  It's somewhat of a new addition.  It used to visit but didn't live there.  Now there is an extra car in the driveway and I assume their daughter has moved back in with that dog.  I'm personally NOT FOND of yorkies and I don't really think they are dogs, but some kind of nuisance rodent.  My apologies if there are any yorkie lovers.

Although it poured in Springfield yesterday evening, it didn't here.  But it's coming.  Chris is coming to mow before it hits.  He'll probably stay for the game but I may have to use duct tape to keep him from arguing with the TV.  He even does it during movies and the news. I have no idea what to have for food today.  I'm still full of fried chicken.

MB, you can always hitch a ride to Turtle Bay for football fun.  I'm sure there will be plenty of others there for the same.  

Pearl and I have already played tug of war and fetch and she's now napping already.  Wish I was.  My bed is so comfy I am tempted get back in it during the day.  

I'm so sorry about Paul.  He's had too many colds lately.  He needs to be more proactive with hand sanitizer etc.  And try Zicam as soon as a cold starts.   I know he scoffs at things like that.  I have to be so very careful with no immune system.  I carry my own sanitizer wipes and use them often.  I avoid public use pens like at grocery store and particularly any Dr 's office.  I use them when opening public doors.  So far so good.  I didn't get sick last year.  I hope I can avoid anything when flying.  In past years, I've picked up bugs on the way back too often.
Paul, I'M WISHING YOU WELL.  LITERALLY.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8278
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 10:20:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
For our LG Canadian families.  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/07 11:19:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
TwirleyB
Forgot to mention that I'm possibly being sued regarding the lot I bought in Eureka.  I was supposed to build within 3 months.  The builder/owner/developer never enforced it because he knew I am waiting for the Medical MJ to actually get going and it never has.  He knew that was why I bought the property.  He has never contacted me or bugged me about it.  I sent him a text recently to ask about updated MJ situation as he sits on that council.  I mentioned that I might sell if nothing moved forward by the end of the year.  Now all of a sudden he wants the lot back.  It's the only one that hasn't been built on.  I told him that I hadn't decided to sell yet and he replied that he was forwarding it to their attorney.  He hasn't replied to my texts or calls.  I did speak with my attorney and I have to find my original contract to see where I stand but I believe I might be in the clear as the builder didn't enforce the 3 month time limit.  Dunno and I hope it doesn't escalate.

Twirley--From your wording, I assume you have bought the lot.  I don't think he has a leg to stand but his liar, I mean lawyer, might feel different.  I'd make up your mind what you are going to do.  Might be able to make some money on it.  I would assume he is calling because he has a buyer.  Jack the price and see what happens.  Also be sure to tell you attorney about the MJ agreement.  That sounds like a little bit of conflict of interest.  He benefits if he votes for it and it passes.  I think that might be a no no.  I don't think the time limit is in your favor.  All my leases say that if I fail to pursue a violation it does not void my right to pursue it at a later date.  Have never seen that in a real estate sale contract.  They are usually more defined with a performance date like the property reverts back to the seller if buyer has not performed by a certain date.  You definitely have an usual case.  Best of luck.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/07 21:24:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
CHIEFS WERE KICKING BUTT TODAY!  
I also got a few things done.  Reorganized shoes and boots in my closet.  Put away most of the flip flop type sandals.  Got the boots handy.  Found plastic bins to fit winter hats, etc.
Trying to decide on new luggage pieces.  I bet I've bought 10 carry on type pieces over the years and none are great after a few trips.  My current "personal item, fits under the seat.." bag is too wide and to fit thru the narrow plane aisles when stacked on the rolling carry on.  I have to unstack and carry it separately at times.  It doesn't roll on its own.  And it's heavy when packed and its too much for me to carry on my shoulder.

Oops.  I started this an hour ago.

I hope Paul is recovering.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9841
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 04:34:23 (permalink)
Happy Leif Erickson Day
Rain is getting everyone down. But work continued yesterday. Even when it is not raining, sky is overcast and dreary. Flood warnings all over the state.

Twirls, I'd be a little more concerned if I were you. The very idea of a lawsuit gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Paul still has the rattling cough. We all made it an early night last night. I took a night off from cooking and we had carryout pizza from the Hitching Post and watched the Brewers wrap up the "suds series". Needed that win after the dismal Packers game in Detroit.

Today I think I will call for an appointment for this left arm/shoulder. It just hurts too much. Between the left sore ankle and the left shoulder, I have this vision of trying to snorkel and just going around in circles. Like a big 'ol sea turtle missing flippers. Guess I'll start with a message to my primary. What a PITA.
Have a wonderful day-
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29018
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 06:46:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sorry to hear that shoulder isn't feeling better and poor Paul.  Hope the weather improves.

I need to do the same Twirley. Have big rains coming tomorrow and then at the end of the week a cold front coming in which will knock out sandal wearing for the year I am afraid. Shoes and socks oh dear......

Looks like Michael is turning into a hurricane unfortunately.

Very glad we didn't stay up for the Cowboy game.  They lost in OT.  Not looking good for them.

Was really saddened to hear that Sherwood's (beachmutt) husband Bob died from Prostate cancer. He was a true gentleman.

Dad is looking forward to moving back to the condo at the end of the month instead of living with the "comatose people", but he is very lonely and sounds really down about it.  So wish he wasn't choosing to live in a place with no family around and no way for any of us to live there and make a living. Ah well, dad is dad.

On a lighter note......the dogs are still cute and amusing

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 07:30:26 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Condolences to beachmutt. 

Crunch, is Dad capable of taking care of himself and of sound mind (I know, relative term)? My mom is on her own and has a help me I've fallen button. When I visit, I need to assist her in getting back up and it makes me wonder what happens when I am not there. I chalk it up to I am real convenient when I am there. She lives 18 hours from us three kids. She and Dad moved 11 years ago, by their choice. All of us were less than 2 hours away from their home, me being the farthest. Mom wants to live where she is and doesn't want to come back to Maine. She never goes outside anyways and there is this new invention called a thermostat on her wall. She has come to terms with the fact that she may have to move back here to be close to us kids. But she doesn't want to and we aren't pushing the issue. She is doing okay for now. Sounds like you Dad is in a similar position. I'm assuming he gets himself up, dressed, teeth brushed, shaved, eats, laundry, etc???? Sure, we want our family closer, but do we need, for them, to be closer? The heart plays such a part in our lives. 

I watched a little football yesterday. I was totally bored and I got into the games. I think it was the seahawks game and the philly game. Twirley, I think next week, it is your team against my team!!!! I may watch that game, should be a good one! I'll leave you with this:

We may have one last kayak trip today, high of 54 with 4 mph winds. Gotta see what the group consensus is. 

Have a great day all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/10/08 07:34:38

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2388
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 08:12:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice bright sunny skies this AM and will be mostly sunny all day. Current temp is 74F at 7:54 and the high should be around 85 degrees. 

I was having a weird dream this morning but didn't want to wake up so I could "see" the end of the dream. Strange.

Had a nice visit from Debby yesterday. She repacked her collectibles into several plastic tubs she brought from her house. Then I carried them out to her car. Most fit in the trunk and the rest went into the back seat. I believe she is going to put many of them at a few consignment shops or antique stores in the Myrtle Beach area. She left her Royal Copenhagen blue colored plates in my hall closet.  Debby had them hanging all over various walls in her Williamsburg home. Each plate is marked with the year on the front and usually had a country scene and/or a Christmas scene. Deb will call around to find a place that will take them. I believe they are from 1950 to year 2000 when Deb lost interest in collecting them. Some of the plates are worth a few bucks and others not too much. I will make a call to Replacements Ltd today or tomorrow to ask if they want to buy the entire lot. Anyway, I cooked some boneless rib eye steaks on the grill for dinner, paired with red 'taters & a salad. It was good.

Today I will stop by Kool Freeze, pay for the new a/c with my mileage credit card and drop off this form I wasn't aware of : North Carolina Dept. of Revenue "Affidavit of Capital Improvement". The owner gave it to me when his guys installed the A/C unit and said I wouldn't have to pay state sales tax if I completed the form. That's cool, no pun intended.  After that I plan to check with the owner of the body shop to see how the progress is going on my truck, as OIB Collision is down the highway from the a/c place. I will get some gas for the rental car on the way home. Sure don't want to run out of gas on the way to the airport, right ?

Holly, if you want a durable piece of luggage, you might try Eagle Creek.  Was glad to see your Chiefs in action yesterday.

Cindy, please tell Badger that I am wishing for his cold to get better. Hope your arm/shoulder problem isn't too serious. 

Hi Crunch. Looks like your Cowboys will be similar to the Broncos : a rebuilding year.  Do you think your Dad will look for a roommate ? Might be a good plan for him.

Hi Bob !

My coffee is done. Need to grab a little cereal and get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 08:16:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  79 and the sea almost flat when I awoke.  High of 86.  Happy that the winds have died down.  

Gray heron.

I swear that heron was taunting me this morning while having coffee on the deck.  Flew right by the patio and let out a loud squawking vocal.  Scared the heck out of me.

Bob, enjoy the kayak trip.

Crunchie, hope you Dad finds his way.  I'm sure he's very lonely.

Twirls, glad your team won.  Keep healthy now before your trip.  Getting excited?

Bernie, have you packed yet?  

Cindy, that dang shoulder.  Had to laugh at your snorkeling comment.

Heard back from Kat.  Think she may stop by with her two little ones for a visit.  Need to get cleaned up before Christie arrives to clean.  Make it a great day, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 11:36:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Is it morning?

Pearl was sick in the night.  I had to get up several times.  Had to drag her bed outside at 4 am.  A big stinky mess.  I need help to get the kennel out to hose it out.  I left the back door open so she could go out.  Apparently it sucked close and there are piles everywhere.  I'm so groggy I can't even see yet.  

Bob, yes, I know that.  That's why they got nicknamed the CHOKIN CHIEFS.  But I can hope with the new quarterback and other players.

Crunch, I pretty much laid down the law with mom.  I TOLD HER THAT I WAS MOVING HER IN WITH ME!  I couldn't legally make her but once I arrived with a trailer and set up for a sale, she didn't argue....except about what I sold at what price.  Why do old people think their stuff is so valuable,?  I think she was actually relieved to not have to make the decisions.

I gotta go clean up more messes.  I was giving my tummy and nose a break.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 12:17:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
No forcing my dad to do anything Twirley.  He is a force to be reckoned with lol.  What terrible night with Pearl.

Bob - you are right and he is totally competent.  He has to deal with the fall out from his choices.  I just feel badly when he sounds so lonely.

MB - looks like Michael is pulling out of your area so better weather ahead.  Have a great visit.

Bernie - you are right.  Rebuilding is the buzz word, but many are calling for coach Garrett's head on a platter

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 12:39:17 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Twirley, Those chiefs look pretty good, I gotta say. A QB  who could wear the mantle! Some good receivers, a defense. Get yer popcorn ready for next week!

Oh my, Twirley! I can not imagine having my Mom living with me. Dad, sure, maybe it's a gender thing???? My hat's off to you for calling the shot. It is difficult to go tell a parent what to do, a role reversal of sorts. I think I am making a little headway with Mom. I'm on all her accounts and can see if someone is putting their hand in the till. I just learned that she is probably paying 3 times what she should be for internet and passed that info to my brother who heads down there next week. Probably sold Dad, way back when (he's been gone 4 years now), on the highest speeds and amounts available. A gamer with streaming movies probably couldn't max out what she is paying for.

Anyways, last Spring's project, with a huge unused dumpster helped with that. We got rid of so much junk, that she hasn't touched, literally, in 10 years and will never touch. None of us kids want any of it. Sure, maybe the odd piece of furniture here and there, but it'd likely cost more to transport than just buying new locally. My brother has been working on her a little bit as well that when she is gone, we'll want a few select memory items, but we all own all we want and need, and are probably gonna estate sale everything. No mandates or pronouncements, just some reality, as gentle as we can deliver reality. 

Seems this is a good day to get a project started. It appears my CC statement is telling me I can afford to do this, so I will start digging today. I will be placing a concrete slab under the two back porches and extending them beyond so I have concrete for a ground level stair. (Pinned to the foundation with styrofoam beneath it for frost protection.) I'll set the wood temporary steps, now 6 years old, back on the slabs. My long term plan, next year, is to set granite steps on them. They need a concrete base. I can use this same base for wood, precast, whatever. I can build new ones out of wood, but the price difference for pressure treated is only a little more, then for trex, again a little more, precast isn't much more, then granite is only a little more. Before too long, I am double the price or more, but 10 years from now, I won't have to rebuild. Some about the durability of granite. I'm gonna try to suck it up and just do granite. 

I suppose....

Lovin life,
Bob

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 15:21:46 (permalink)
Went to the Orthopedic Doctor today and he says that I have to have my right arm amputated above  the elbow for complete relief. Severe nerve issue and infection. Says the longer I delay it the worse it will get so I'm set for Oct. 17.  Life is going to be different. 
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 16:38:20 (permalink)
Frank, what???!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 17:20:29 (permalink)
OMG!  Frank,  can't believe it!  Please know that I am praying for you.  Hugs

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 19:06:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
83 with a nice breeze now.  Kat arrived at condo with baby girl Lucy.  She is a handful puppy, but better than expected.  Luca was left behind.  Good choice as he is the naughty little boy.  We had a great visit here at condo on deck with some beers and eventually made our way to Que Onda for some comida.  Sorry I forgot to take photos but more of a mid-day meal.....garlic toast with Parmesan cheese in olive oil and ? and seafood spring rolls with fixings.  She left around 5 and is doing her karaoke this evening in Chan Chemuyil.  We had a great heart-to-heat visit as only two can do when they lose a spouse.  She looks great and I appreciated her insight as well on life in general.  I love this pic of her and Lucy.

Frank, I am so sorry to hear that news. Would you consider a second opinion?  Makes me very sad and reconsider that my life is damn good and no complaining about nada.  No mos.

Bob, go with the granite for sure as a long term investment.  I have two steps off my two-tier deck and they are beautiful.  Need to be powered washed but that will happen in the spring when deck is refurbished and stained.

Can't remember what else has happened here.  So with that have a pleasant evening all  Suppose to be the culmination of the meteor shower this eve but with still some cloud cover not sure.  Oh, losiento Bernie I keep forgetting to let you know I am wheels up Sabado, the 13th.  Learn some Espanol mi agmigo.  Sama, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/08 21:35:39 (permalink)
-1 (1)
OMG, FRANK.  I AM SO SORRY .  I'll be praying for you.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9841
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 04:13:08 (permalink)
Frank, that is devastating news. You are in my prayers.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 06:29:36 (permalink)
Oh Frank.  I am just so hating the news you got.  Did he have any idea what would have caused this?  Like MB I think a 2nd opinion is in order just to cover your bases and reassure yourself that this absolutely has to be done.  I am just really upset about this for you. However, I know you are tough as hell and will rally and be able to have a better life without the pain.  Wish I could give you a big hug right about now.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2388
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 06:59:29 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy out this AM and forecast is for partly sunny today.  Current temp is 74F at 7:21 and the high is expected to be 84 degrees. Tropical storm Michael will affect the area on Thursday with mostly rain.

Got most of my errands completed yesterday. Dentist cleaning was at 1:30. Look ma, no cavities ! Met Andrea for cocktails and appetizers around 3 o'clock. My GT tasted 'funny' so I asked the bartender if he opened a fresh bottle of tonic. The answer was yes and then I suddenly realized my teeth had been cleaned with a "cinnamon" flavor.  Ah ha. 2nd GT was fine. hee,hee

Today I will finish any loose ends for my trip. I might swing by Walmart for an old fashioned wind-up alarm clock as a back up to the electric one.

No MB, not packed yet. I always wait until the day before travel.  Looks like we will be "passing ships in the night" on travel days.  It would have been nice to have a cool drink together on the 12th. Probably won't be passing by Akumal until 3 or so and tired from travel plus anxious to get to the beach hotel in Tulum. Maybe next time. Thank you for the picture of Kat. She does look good and has lost some weight.

Another project for you, Bob. I would like to see pictures as you progress.

Frank, your recent medical development seemed to be "all of a sudden".  What happened ?  Prayers sent your way.

Hi to everyone else.

I need to call brother Bob before he starts his work day; missed his call yesterday.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 07:23:04 (permalink)
Morning all

Up early because I went to bed early.  I don't see sunrise very often.

Frank, such sad news.  I also hope you've done your own research and sought other opinions.  I'm sure you are thorough with your health.

Bernie, I see you are in the path again.  Hope it doesn't affect your travel.  Probably will have passed by then.

I'm also concerned about Badger.  Hope he is improving rapidly.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 07:49:28 (permalink)
Good morning BCers.
Up early today.  Had to get lil doggie ready to go to the groomers.
SJ is dropping her off.  I will pick her up this afternoon.  Also do some shopping while in town.

Frank,  you have been in my thoughts and prayers.  

Bernie,  wishing you smooth and safe travels.  

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 07:51:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  70 and partly cloudy, light winds with high of 89.  Have a great day all, MB

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 07:53:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Frank...I am so sorry but please get another opinion. You thought you had carpel tunnel? How did this evolve from that?

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 248
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/09 08:10:39 (permalink)
Frank, I had to read your post twice to fully comprehend what it said. I am so sorry you have to go through this, but in awe of your courage to face it full on. I assume the orthoped is your second opinion? Know you will be in my prayers.
Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 834 of 872
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5