Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 833 of 838
Author
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/05 15:52:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, glad to hear your new AC unit is working so well. Didn't realize you had a trip coming up soon. Have lots of fun.

MB, love that condo and especially the view from the balcony, so beautiful

Badger, sorry to hear you are under the weather, both with rain and a cold, hope you get better soon.

Cindy, sorry to hear about your shoulder.
crunch, glad to hear something is scheduled to try and figure out how to treat your problems.

Bosco, too soon to think about PoMo for next spring, would love to come if I am able and can rent a fridge at that hotel. Took a quick glance at random date in early May on Kayak and while the prices are muy bueno, the schedules are $&)@ - I can't do early flights, it just takes me awhile to get moving. But will look again early next year.

Will sure be glad when the election is over next month and the TV ads stop, the hottest issue appears to be Proposition 10 aka the "rent stabilization" initiative. Seems like there is a pro or con ad every 15-20 minutes.

Weather is good hear, rain missed us once again, wind blew the front right on through.

Gem, congrats on the retirement and also the pending great grands.
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 419
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/05 16:47:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch, Its called Ozark. And it is REALLY good. The second season is better than the first.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/05 22:33:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

The bed was great but apparently I'm suffering from shingles pain and irritation.  The nerve meds seem to stop most of the irritation but are slow acting.  I don't like to take them unless I absolutely need them..   By then it's too late.

Great pics, MB.  Let me know about tomorrow..

It was a stunning day here.  About 85°+.   The pool was fabulous and I floated and dozed most of the afternoon.  I decided to take advantage of what I have.  It was probably the last great pool day of the year.

The darn possum was back last night.  It sits on the fence and stares at Pearl!  I swear I think they have a game going on!  

I do hope Paul isn't miserable.  I know he will "buck up," and get the job done.  Praying for NO RAIN for you all.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 05:48:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie

I really don't want my home to be 'flooded' with women. 

I imagine "flood' is a pretty bad word in your area right now.

Good Morning Possums, it's Saturday.

Hoppy, we're not going to be able to make it to PoMo any time soon, hope you have a great trip! Any chance you can make the spring party?

Jamie, would love to see you next spring.

Twirls, glad you enjoyed your new bed.

Feeling somewhat better each day, now, if the rain would just stop for a few days.
post edited by Badger - 2018/10/06 05:51:07

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 05:53:58 (permalink)
Good Morning
Raining. Again. And supposed to keep raining for the foreseeable future. I feel bad for the farmers around here, they are going to have to wait for the ground to freeze before they can harvest the corn and soybeans. They'd just get stuck now, the ground is that saturated. 
Went for burgers last night at the hitching post and watched the Brewer's game, then finished watching it at home. 
Things are progressing on the shed, it is going to look great! Good to have a friend like Pablo!
Hoppy, Chris is hooked on Ozark, too.
I got nuthin' else
Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 06:43:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
West end and lower door are done

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 07:38:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning Sunshines!

Crunch... yep.  Ozark.  Mr JJ and I watched it every single night.  Such a great show.  I love Ruthie. 

Twirls.. every shingle survivor I know took a long time to heal from the Shingles.  I'm not sure what the side effects are on your medication,but, sounds like you have to stay on top of it.  Hope you heal soon. ... And BTW, I mourn with you on the closing of your pool.  
Crunch  hoping your issue is resolved soon too. 

I think we are in for rain for the next week... up to 8 inches expected-

Bosco... I am just sick about the red tide.  You would think tourism people would be trying to resolve the situation.  Is it political?

Go Brewers!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 07:47:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Up early for yard patrol.  Let SJ sleep in.
Plans to take a drive today.  While we bomb the house for bugs.
Maybe visit Natchez State Park. 

C&C and Badger,  machine shed is looking great.  

Have a great day all...   

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 08:52:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Slept in big time. Freddie tried to get me up around 6 but I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head.
Must have worked.  It's a little cloudy and will stay that way today. Current temp 75F at 8:54 and the high will be 87 degrees.

I finally got to the beach yesterday. Didn't arrive until noonish and it was hot ! Only walked for 40 minutes as my endurance is lacking. BeBe got lazy about walking and it shows. Got some nice sun and hit the food store on the way back home. The beach shows some erosion but amazingly it was not too bad.

Around 6 I left for Roberto's for a couple of GT's and had a small pizza at the bar. It was Andrea's birthday and she mentioned that she wasn't going to celebrate it. Then I gave her one of those funny b-day cards. She laughed out loud and shortly thereafter the bar got crowded. She was zipping back and forth, chatting with the customers and laughing. I believe my card helped her get into a good mood.

Not a darn thing planned for the day. Probably will do a load of laundry and some cleaning. I'm afraid to look at the guest bathroom toilet and the one upstairs. I just keep those doors shut and seldom look at those toilets. Time to get them clean. One never knows when you might have a guest. 

MB, have a good time down there. Thank you for all pictures.

Bosco, I din't think you were picking on me and I understand your sense of humor. Reference a trip to visit my brother, I haven't mentioned that to him yet. Might be fun to get away from here in the dead of winter but could not stay with Bob as he has a very tiny efficiency apartment and no room for a guest. Plus he works darn near every day with his locksmith job. I will let you know if a trip gels.  You cracked me up with "be one with the old people". Hee,hee.

Crunch, have those meds blocked your memory ? Ha ! I leave for Tulum October 12th and return Oct 17th.
Short trip with a friend.

Twirls, so happy you finally got the right bed for your comfort.  I have tried a couple of times to get a shingles shot; no vaccine available.

Paul, at least you still have your humor !

Cindy, the shed job looks great thus far. Thanks for the picture.

JJ, that 'red tide' thing has been going on for many years. Although the agricultural business is a large contributing factor, little has been done to curb the use of fertilizers and I'm not sure what can be done to curb the run-off of water into the bay. Florida as a whole is just one huge water shed. Big problem with algae but I haven't heard of many solutions. 

PJ, when you 'bomb' the house for insects, what do you do with your kitty ? I'm assuming you take 'lil dog along with you on the ride.

Time to move along. I'll try to post a few pics from yesterday.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 08:54:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
looking South. Not many folks on the beach.

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/10/06 12:25:35

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 08:56:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
to the North. Maybe you can see some beach erosion ? 

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/10/06 12:26:27

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 08:57:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The ocean was pretty calm

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 08:58:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The 'standard' BeBe pose.

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 09:09:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

The shed does look good!  Hope process can continue uninterrupted.

I had the best night of sleep in months!  I didn't even wake to need pain meds.  I'm so thankful.  I just hope this bed stays comfortable for at least 8 years.  That seems to be the longest I've had a bed hold up to the comfort level as new.

We are also in for days of spotty rain storms.  Today the morning temperature is higher than our normal afternoon high.  Going to be very warm again but mostly cloudy.  So far, no plans for the day.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 09:14:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, great picture of you.  You should use that one on your dating sites!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 09:40:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  80 with a brief shower early.  Seems to be the pattern the last few days.  Huge wave action.  Reminds me of the Tulum beaches.  Had some fun yesterday meeting up with someone I met awhile back.  Mucho cervezas and lots of laughs.  Not sure what is on the agenda today.....more sun, relaxing on the deck or the pool area.  Perhaps a walk about.  

Bernie, perhaps the Tulum area next week when I get together with Malu.  Will keep you posted.  Thought you were messing with me about a possible weather event here, guess not.

Cindy, out building is looking great.  I like the color.  Interesting about the pintura roja.

Hola Badger.  Hope the weather and cold improve.  

Twirls, glad the new bed worked out.  Good luck on the Eureka deal.

Crunchie, hope that next doctor appointment goes well.  

Bosco, thanks for popping in here.  You should do so more often.

Hola Jamie.

Gotta get moving here.  Make it a great day everyone.  MB

post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/10/06 09:45:28

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 12:42:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Signing on while washer is on. Went outside and caulked the small screw holes around the windows & door. They are ones I made putting the ply wood up pre-hurricane.  It was shaded around the front part of the house but very humid !  I'll do the back windows when the sun goes behind the woods.

Why thank you, Holly. I might just use that shot on my dating sight, although it does show my beer tummy. Oh well, what ya see is what ya get.

MB, no I wasn't kidding you. I'm checking the NOAA hurricane site every few days prior to my trip. When do you leave again ?  Keep the pictures coming, please.

See y'all.

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 14:21:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, for someone with plans for the day, you made a great day of it. 

Yesterday, we went kayaking down the Androscoggin river, me and 4 ladies. We've had rain so the river was finally up and covered the rocks, so when we went thru the rapids, it was a cushioned ride, no banging off the rocks. 5 hours, what a  good time we all had, and the colors are good in the foliage (no camera). We also saw 4 eagles flying around. I caught one fish and a garter snake swimming across the river. None of the ladies wanted to get too close to me when I had the snake.

Today, i went to the wife carrying contest at Sunday River, met a bunch of friends there, took a lift ride to the top. 

Of course, just like folks who watch car racing, keeping an eye out for accidents, we do for this as well:

This is an internationally sanctioned event earning a place in the world championship in Helsinki. Apparently, way back in history, vikings would go into town, grab a young lady and make off with her for a bride, cross country thru fields and bogs, etc.... So they put up an obstacle course for these men to carry a women (doesn't have to be their wife) thru the course. They race two at a time, but quickest time wins. A local couple won this year:

What do they win, you ask? Well, of course the have the gold, silver and bronze medals, but the real prize is that they put the woman on a teeter totter and balance her weight with beer on the other end. That's right, they win the woman's weight in beer. When they are loading it up with beer, the woman scoots all the way to the rear of the seat and leans back as far as she can to get just that much more beer!

After that, they weigh the girl, publicly!!! Because they also win 6 times her weight in dollars!

Second place, wins the woman's weight in coke products. But they "ran out" of coke products, so they topped it off with more beer!

This is a really fun event. They have to run uphill, vault over a log set 4' high, then across the hill and downhill into a pond of water, that has real gushy footing, then climb out of the pond and up over a sand hill to the finish. They start at 10 Am and wrap up around 11:30 for the first round, about time those burgers on the grill smell so good, then the finals are at 12:30. What a great time!

Tonight, the fire department is putting on the parade of lights. Basically, all the fire engines from our department and surrounding departments will be coming right down main st, Rt 26, which will be closed off and detoured around. They will hand out earplugs because the sirens will be blaring along with the lights flashing. Afterwards, we'll head to the fire barn and they will serve up fair food, dogs, popcorn, fries, burgers, all at no charge for the local public. 

I love living in a small town that has a time and place for things like this!

Have a great day all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/10/06 14:24:30

Lovin life,
Bob

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/10/06 15:36:09 (permalink)
MB, I forgot to say, love your pictures, enjoy your time and keep the pictures coming. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/06 17:56:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. Just dropped from 84 to 74 in a few minutes with another rain storm.  Ocean is angry today.  Had some breakfast here, a walk about and deck and pool time in between some rain showers.  Down to Que Onda for a couple of drinks and back before the next storm blew in.  Suppose to be a pretty spectacles meteor shower here, but it's very cloudy.  Will check it out this evening.

Pedro getting the sign all painted up before owner returns.  

I love the tranquility of Que Onda, but oh so quiet during low season.

Bernie, thanks for the storm warning.  Definitely can feel it is on its way.  Hope to get out tomorrow morning for a nice long walk and have a top shelf marg at LBV,  per Holly's recommendation before that system moves in.

Bob, boring pics compared to yours.  What a fun time on the kayaks with the ladies.  If you are a kayak sea persona, you would absolutely love these waves.  Hope your lady has recovered from her head trauma last spring.  Headed down anytime soon to Coz?  Spring?

Edit:  Going with #40 for sure and head gear is highly recommended.   Thanks for the pics.

That's all I got.  Beautiful eve to all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/10/06 20:32:36

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/06 23:35:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob, you finally described a day I would enjoy participating in, as an observer of events, not an actual participant in the event!  

I was craving fried chicken and didn't want to make it.  A place downtown has excellent fried chicken and mashed potatoes but they don't serve it with gravy!  WTH?  I have to have gravy with mashed potatoes!  It's an upscale wine bar but the owner has the rights to use the chicken recipe from a long time favorite restaurant, that is now gone due to flooding.  It was famous for fried chicken.   I've met the owner.  I brought my own gravy.  He LOL but understands.  
Cammie met me a bit later.  We enjoyed the beautiful evening weather on the patio but then...a DOWNPOUR.  We were finished but couldn't leave so we moved inside as well as a some other ladies.  We sat and visited with them and made immediate friends.  Finally it cleared enough to get to the cars.  I arrived about 5:30.  I didn't leave until after 10.  Pearl played at the neighbors for the early part so she had fun too.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 05:12:41 (permalink)
Good Morning
Paul was up when I came downstairs, but groaned and said he was going back to bed for a while. Relapsed yesterday. Fed the guys chicken and dumplings last night, was hoping that would perk him up. He is VERY resistant to taking any OTC meds, I think he did take the Mucinex I offered him, but the Alka Seltzer Plus daytime cold medicine is still sitting out where I left it.

Today's rain is supposed to end by 10am, if it does rain.  Lowest chance for it in a while. Hoping it passes by. Sick of gray days. Fall colors are really popping in the hills, would be nice to see them in a bit of sunshine.

I'm enjoying all your pics, Cathy. Keep 'em coming.
Time for me to get ready for church, Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 07:20:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Was a bit cloudy when daylight hit but the sun is peeking out a little now. The current temp is 75F at 7:42 with a muggy high of 85 degrees.

Must have rained during the night as water is standing on the deck. We have been a little dry since the hurricane and the yard was thirsty. Had the sprinklers turned off for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday was quite the political show; that is all I have to say about that and glad it's over.

Debby is stopping by today sometime around noon or so. She wants to pick up her collectibles that she left behind during her move. They haven't been in my way at all but I think she wants to sell them at Christmas time frame. 

Bob, that 'wife carrying event' is crazy funny. Lots of butts in the air. hee,hee. Thanks for the pictures.

MB, how can Que Onda stay in business ? Maybe it's a late crowd,si ? Thanks for the pictures & stay dry.

Cindy, that doesn't sound encouraging for Badger. Hope he is not 'down and out' for the job. How much is left to finish, assuming the weather holds ?

That's all for now.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 08:36:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  Up around 6:30 hoping to catch a nice sunrise.  Best a I can do for ya'll.  Brief t-storm and windy but matters not as the sun is trying to break through the heavy cloud cover and what's not to like about the sound of waves and sea breezes.

Bernie, all this talk about butts.  Very limited staff at Que Onda.  Basically 4 onsite.  No breakfast during low season and open at 1 p.m. for lunch and close at 9.  Gives the staff an opportunity to catch up on building repairs, painting, etc.  Back to being busy mid-November.

Cindy, I'm not big on OTC drugs either.  Can barely get an aspirin down.  Give Pablo a big hug for me. 

Twirls, I reached out to Deb in Aventuras.  Plan to get together next week.  Not sure if Kat will be joining us.

Sure don't miss the daily news but will miss watching football today.  Make it a great day, MB

post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/10/07 08:39:06

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast 2018/10/07 08:47:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Lovely fall morning here.  
We did take the drive to Natchez Trace State Park.  Sorry no pics.  
Very pretty place.  Nice lodges, cabins and camping around two lakes.
We may take the bass boat and do some fishing there.  

Bernie,  our kitty is an inside/outside version.  She was outside when we bug bombed the house yesterday.

Uphill,  Love the pics.  What a fun day!

MB,  Wonderful pics!  Has me dreaming of being there.

Cindy,  Sure hope Badger gets to feeling better.  

Page: << < ..831832833834835.. > >> Showing page 833 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5