AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 829 of 1030
Author
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 00:14:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Cindy.  Can you tell me what causes Carpel Tunnel?  I hear it is often from using the same hand over and over for work or whatever.  Reason I ask is I am left handed and it is in my right hand affected and I don't use nearly it as much as my left.  I must be using the computer too much as I use my right hand on the mouse
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 04:43:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
CallMeFrank

Can you tell me what causes Carpel Tunnel?  I hear it is often from using the same hand over and over for work or whatever.

Frank, I read somewhere that it's often from excessive "self pleasuring".

Good Morning Pill Poppers, it's Friday.

Crunch, glad to hear you are getting some relief, hope it turns into major relief.

Mapes, we'll need photos of your weekend!

More rain here yesterday afternoon meant I didn't get my job finished. Should get done today and head to C&C's tomorrow, but the forecast down there doesn't look too good for next week either.

Hola to the rest of you, gotta run.
post edited by Badger - 2018/09/28 04:52:34

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 04:54:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Frank, what I was told is basically that it just happens. It is more common in women, because we have smaller wrists. The nerves going through that band, the "tunnel", expand as we age. (like many other things,) but the band does not. Result is the compression and hence the numbness and tingling. Crunch would probably be able to explain it better. I had onset in both hands nearly simultaneously. And obviously one doesn't use both hands the same, unless you are completely ambidextrous. While I use my left quite a bit, the right definitely is in use more. So usage doesn't seem to make a difference. But again, I am not a doctor.

Looks like Badger won't be here until tomorrow; he said boat drinx are on for tonight, and he will head this way tomorrow morning. Siding being delivered also tomorrow.

Got maybe a third of my mowing done, and then rain moved in. With a brisk NE wind, it was a cold rain. More predicted today, maybe. Think I will head to Costco this morning, stock up for and extra mouth or two to feed. Also low on some laundry supplies. If it dries enough outside, will continue the mowing in the afternoon.

I may have to turn the heat on for a while, it is downright chilly this morning! Cold front. Possible frost tonight. Will have to harvest the squash or lose it. It didn't get very big this year, I think because of our long dry spell. Maybe make a squash soup while Paul is here.
Y'all have a great day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 04:57:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger snuck in just ahead of me. Paul! You're SO bad! Don't listen to him, Frank!

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 06:37:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
OMG Badger!  Laughter is the best medicine. Thank you.

He got you good Frank!  I don't know much about carpal tunnel other than compression is the issue and the surgery is easy. I am sorry for your family's loss of what sounded like really good people.

62 currently and low 80's later.  Very refreshing weather.  

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 07:24:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all. Woke up to heavy rain this AM but it will move up the coast shortly. Don't ya just love watching the radar to get an immediate handle on things ? Current temp 79F at 7:51 with a high of 84 degrees. I will enjoy our warmer temperatures while they are still here.

Spent yesterday morning doing computer stuff and learning Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes I did something I didn't really like or need so then had to 'undo' it. Learning curve. Got my bills paid. Afterwards, I went to Lowe's home improvement to pick up the items I had ordered online the day before and then off to get lunch at Fibber MaGees.

Today I have a few things to get for a short trip in a few weeks. The grass needs to be cut but probably too wet for that job today.
Appointment to drop off the truck for repair is set for this Monday the 1st; rental through State farm is good for 30 days.

Badger, as Cindy stated, you are indeed 'bad' in a funny way. ha,ha.  Safe travels to C&C's place.

Cindy, you mentioned cooler temps at your place...how low ?

Crunch, I looked at your 'ticker' but sometimes folks don't bother to keep them current. I was hoping I could catch you two for a visit but no. I'll be outta there on the 17th. Beach cam still showing a fair amount of Sargassum. Bummer.

Time to get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 09:01:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger
CallMeFrank

Can you tell me what causes Carpel Tunnel?  I hear it is often from using the same hand over and over for work or whatever.

Frank, I read somewhere that it's often from excessive "self pleasuring".

Badger--Babs is going to be pi$$ed when she reads this and finds out you're reading "those" magazines again!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 09:26:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy but not raining.   Temps in the chilly zone.  
Errands and shopping on the agenda today.    

Badger,   LOL  

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 18:08:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
16th Bernie
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 18:48:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  51 and partly cloudy.  Changed my plans today and got the lawn mowed, tanning session, shower and a load of wash.  First freeze tonight so I hauled 4 flower pots into garage and the 5 hanging baskets I'm not dealing with.  Emptied the two birdbaths.  The heavy concrete one in back I emptied (sombrero basin caulked to cactus base) and almost went down with it. Luckily I had the strength to pull myself and it back in time.  Had to turn the heat on this morning to take the chill out.  Look forward to a visit and late lunch with Christine tomorrow.  She's going to the Justin Timberlake concert tomorrow eve with the girls.  Made a ton of progress with fall cleanup the last couple of busy days and the house is now cleaned.  Neighbor Mary Jo stopped by yesterday afternoon and brought me some smoked fish.  She was up on the North Shore this past week enjoying the fall colors.

Naughty, naughty Badger, safe travels to C&C's place.  Hoping the weather cooperates.  

Bernie, how's the shoulder doing?  Wonder when Nel's will reopen.  Feel bad for folks in the Carolina's. 

Frank, perhaps I misread you post but not sure why the doctor didn't share exactly what's going on there with the numbness and tingling.

Twirls, glad you are getting some relief finally.  I know you are determined to take that November trip.  

Cindy, how did you fair on getting the rest of that lawn done?  Dang...I was totally bundled up with a heavy hoodie on.   Squash soup sounds delicious.  I had it once and really liked it.  

Jamie, thinking of you.  Hope all is good in your hood.

MapleSyrup, have a fabulous weekend.  Look forward to more photos.

Hola, Bob.

Twirls, sorry I missed your call last evening.  I was downstairs watching the Vikings game on the big screen TV.  Will be in touch with you sometime over the weekend.  Hugs.

Susy, thinking you are home now for your Isla trip.  Hope it was relaxing get away.

Hi to everyone else I've missed.  Hard to catch up here when you don't check in on a daily basis.  Have a peaceful evening all. MB  
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/09/28 18:51:08

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 19:21:28 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Evening all
I was invited to a friend's home for lunch today.  A couple I met at Avanzare restaurant and we've become great friends.  They served marinated tomato salad and roasted poblamo chili.  It was lovely and we ate outside on their patio area.  I love their older but modern ranch style home.  I NEVER thought I'd like ranch homes but I do love mine and they blend well with many design elements.  Their's is extremely kewl as it was remodeled by an architect.  Lunch turned into a few hours.

Got interrupted by a phone call.  It's an hour later.

It was a beautiful afternoon.  
I planned to go to Eureka Springs this weekend but my hotel reservation was cancelled due to my unwillingness to commit to 2 nights.  It's a Blues fest weekend.  2 nights minimum in downtown.  If something is open tomorrow night, I'll probably go on down for the night.

It's getting dark SO EARLY now.  I think it's bedtime at 7:30!  I have to try to force myself to stay awake until at least 9pm.  Otherwise I'll be awake at 3 or 4 am.

Looking forward to the Chiefs game at 7pm Sunday.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/28 19:42:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mayan Boar

Frank, perhaps I misread you post but not sure why the doctor didn't share exactly what's going on there with the numbness and tingling.

Well apparently all I could gather was he was the guy that does the tests and that is it.  He doesn't want to tell you anything, afraid my doctor who ordered the test might have a different opinion.  He wants more business from my doctor so he keeps his mouth shut, not wanting to risk saying something my doctor does not agree with, thus possibly loosing future business from my doctor because he offered his opinion.  After thinking about it, I feel lucky I got Carpel Tunnel and nerve damage out of him.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 05:11:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Chris started out yesterday to go to his job at the law office, but the check engine light came on and he drove directly to Jake's, and called me to come and get him. Also called his boss to see if he could just stay home. Nothing urgent on the agenda, so stay home he did. I had plenty to do, so he got the final harvesting done, cleaned up some window fans so I could store them away, and also worked on the mowing. Still has the "back forty" to mow, but at least everything you can see from the road is done. In the meantime, I went to Costco and spent a lot of $, came home and got it all put away, cleaned bathrooms, got the fans put away, vacuumed, yada, yada.
Boat drinx was fun, still went longer than we had planned, but Paul thinks he'll be on the road around 8 this morning, bringing one guy along to help with the job.

Too dark to tell if we got the frost last night, but glad we got the vegetables inside. I also brought in some cut flowers, may be the last bouquet of the season.

Hmmm. Not getting a "preview". 
Better wrap it up and move on, may have just been wasting time. Hola to all and have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 06:53:57 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

Glad I could give some of you a chuckle yesterday, that Frank is a good sport. Now we have to talk him and IM into coming down to PoMo in the spring.

Running late, TTYL.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 07:32:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone. LG site is very slow this AM. Odd. Anyway, a little cloudy out. The current temp is 76F at 8:23. High 84 degrees.

No big plans today other than cutting the grass if the weather cooperates.

MB, you be a very busy gal yesterday. Trying to get it all 'done' before your trip; I know all about that. My shoulder is fine for now. I have no idea when Nell's will open. Maybe the owner has decided to 'call it quits' ?
I don't think they have much business in the off-season.

Hi PJ, Crunch, Twirls, Badger..

I need to get an early start on the grass.
Catch ya later,
Bernie 

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 08:13:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola Clubbers

Frank  Your test guy is like the person that does the radiology. they can't tell you any results because they are not a doctor. I'm curious, can your feet issue be a carpel tunnel type issue as well?

Twirls... Mr JJ and I used to go to Eureka Springs Blues Fest.  So much fun, so many musicians to see.  I understand the 2 night minimum.

Badger.  you make me laugh. 

Fall is officially here. 48 this morning with a high of 65 today.  The cooler nights makes for great sleeping weather.  pop open the bedroom windows and hunker down under the blankets.  ahhh

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 09:33:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
janjon

Frank  Your test guy is like the person that does the radiology. they can't tell you any results because they are not a doctor. I'm curious, can your feet issue be a carpel tunnel type issue as well?

Janjon---My test guy was a Doctor--go figure.  I would think over 10 years my neurologist would have figured out if my feet issue was a carpel tunnel issue.  He did a skin biopsy which is the best way to diagnose "small fiber peripheral neuropathy" that I have.  He told me that and I also researched it and he was unfortunately correct.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 10:01:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Light cloud cover with low temp of 57F high of 79F today.  Loving these cooler temps!
SJ came home from work early yesterday.  Not feeling well from the cold he has.
Fed him some tomato soup and grilled cheese on a tray.  About 8:30 pm he went to bed.    
Lil doggie and I slept in SC's room.  That way I could hear SJ during night.
But not be in actual germ zone all night.        

Twirls and jj,  Eureka Springs Blues Fest sounds like fun.  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 17:03:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Glad I could give some of you a chuckle yesterday, that Frank is a good sport. Now we have to talk him and IM into coming down to PoMo in the spring.

I ain't done with you yet buddy.  You know they say about paybacks!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/09/29 17:04:34
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 17:29:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  47 and cloudy.  Fairly relaxing day which felt really good.  Changed the sheets on bed, and carried the 4 potted plants back out to the entry.  Chris arrived around 2:30 p.m. and we headed up to a restaurant nearby, that I had not been too.  We both had an 8 oz hangar steak with garlic herb butter and french fries. Chris has a sweet tooth and ordered the Turtle. Three layers of chocolate cake layered with chocolate buttercream, caramel and toasted pecans drizzled in chocolate ganache, caramel and toasted pecans. I had a couple of bites. To go box for me for rest of my entree.  A short fun visit.  Chris ended up with an extra ticket to JT tonight, but I declined.  They found another girlfriend's sister that wanted to go so it all worked out. 

Bernie, hope you had success in getting the lawn cut.  Would be a shame if Nel's didn't reopen. 

Frank, sorry for your loss but a life well lived.  Anxious to hear detailed assessment of your recent test.  Positive thoughts sent your way.

Hopefully Badger and buddy arrived safely and packed some warm clothing.  Pretty sure Cindy and Chris will provide plenty of good old fashioned comfort food with these chilly temps.

Twirls, did you make it to Eureka for a one night stay?  

JJ, Blues festival I'm all in.  They have a few here.  One in St. Paul and Duluth during the summer months.  Always a fun time, great musicians and people watching.

Hi to all the rest I've missed.  Enjoy your Saturday evening and the rest of the weekend.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/09/29 17:35:00

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/29 18:47:43 (permalink)
Hey folks, been a long day, a great day! Here are some pics of today's adventure up puzzle mountain, 6 miles round trip, 2200 feet elevation gain and loss.
What a nice view on a nice breezy day!

We saw a sign saying caves this way. In Maine, a cave is one rock leaning against another, nothing like Luray Caverns. My buddy crawling thru!

Another scene!

Sunday River, where I ski the most!

Love this view!

And we saw a few of these from the top, Homes right in the mddle of all this beauty!

One more...

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/30 04:50:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

Arrived here after about a six hour journey, watched some college football and had an awesome dinner of arrachara. We plan on starting work today, but of course it is raining.

MB, 3 more days!

Found another one for you, JJ.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/30 07:17:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Ready to leave soon for church. Guys are going to try and do some inside the shed work, but it looks like the rain will move out a little later this morning. 
Small disaster for me this morning, my lighted makeup mirror died. All the guys were unsympathetic. Go figure.
Going to make the squash soup today for supper, will be good for a drizzly fall day.
Have a great day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/30 07:48:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Pretty sunny skies this AM and should remain mostly sunny all day. The current temp is 71F at 7:44 and the beach high will be 83 degrees.

Yesterday I got the front & left side of the grass cut. No mowing since before the hurricane and it was pretty long. Glad I got most of it done as we had a 'gully washer' rain storm from about 4PM to 8PM. After mowing I got cleaned up and drove down to Debby's house. She had invited me join her for a BBQ. Deb made a nice salad and I grilled the steaks, sliced red potatoes and Vidalia onions. Pretty darn good meal and we ate on the rear screened porch as the rain poured down. I stayed after clean up to watch some of the evening news with her until I realized it was dark; needed to get home to feed Freddie. 

Today's list is finish cutting the grass and go get a 'script at Walgreen's. I might hear back from a lady that wants to meet for a couple of cocktails and snacks. We have chatted back & forth for about 3 weeks so time to meet in a casual setting for "the interview". Hee,hee.

Hey jj. I missed your post yesterday but wasn't ignoring you. How is all of the remodeling going. Hard to believe that KC area is getting lows into the 40's now. What happened to "Indian Summer" ? I'm assuming you two are big Chief fans ? This might be their year.

Yes MB, it would be a bummer if Nell's closed down forever but they might be doing a remodel right now. There had been some talk about the interior remodel before the hurricane hit. Maybe they decided to go ahead with the remodel. Getting excited yet for your trip ?

Very nice pictures, Bob. Thanks for posting them.

Glad you arrived safely, Badger. Bummer on the rain though. All you can do today is watch some football, drink some brewskies and eat. 

Hey Cindy, can't you just put a small lamp next to the make up mirror ? hee,hee. I'm only joking, you know that, right ?

Coffee time over.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/30 09:23:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Sunshines!

Badger.  LOL  I actually had a pumpkin spiced iced latte yesterday at a Fall Festival.  

Our weather is crazy... Calling for the 80's this week then rain.  

Uphill.. beautiful pictures. 

Bernie.. That's a big YES on the Chiefs fans.  We used to have season tickets when we first got married. We usually hit one game a year.  And yes, I think our boys are going to do very well this year.  Our new QB is the bomb-diggity.  
We finished all the remodeling on the house for now.  I still have a lot of things in boxes in the basement that when we look at it was just roll our head back.  Guess we'll start working an hour every evening and get it done.  

Cindy... You have my sympathy on your make up mirror.  That's one of those "I can't live without" things.

Today is Mr JJ's birthday.  He has a big sweet tooth, so I'll go find him a cake.  I'm not that good of a baker. 

Enjoy your Sunday Funday!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 829 of 1030
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5