AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 827 of 1030
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/23 13:09:10 (permalink)
Maple, dems da rules!!! Metal plate on the grass! LOL! Love your adventures and what nice work you do!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/23 22:06:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
JJ, OLD FAITHFUL...LOL.  Hope it wasn't the burden of the home owner but I'm betting it it.

PJ, how cute!  And a fun night of cards with family.  I'd enjoy that!

Hoping C and C made the trip fine and dandy and are enjoying themselves.

Badger, I haven't heard how your drinking situation panned out yet but I hope you didn't drink and waste it on a loss! 

KC KICKED ASS!  The penalties helped but I'm not sure it really made much of a difference.  I hope THE KID can help carry us to a much needed Super bowl game.  As longer as our offensive line holds up and defense stays strong.  I'm very hopeful this season.  The fans need it.

I had a decent day and stayed in the "uncomfortable" range of pain although it was highly uncomfortable
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/23 22:12:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I wasn't finished but had to post or lose.

Maple, I commend you and Sweetie, my mind says yes but my body says NO WAY.  Your adventures look appetizing if not comfortable.  I love camping out but have to have a decent bed off the ground.  Nothing better than food cooked on an open fire.

Bob, your adventure looked beautiful and worth your effort.  Thanks for the beautiful pics.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 05:21:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Old Faithfulls, it's Moanday.

Pj, love the poker faces!

Mapes, outstanding job on the bathroom!

Twirls, I'm mostly joking when I say I am trying to drink my team to victory, especially when I have to work the next day.
Packers looked bad yesterday, but the Vikings looked even worse. Might be a long season.

Oh Bernie, where are you?

Wag more....bark less.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 06:13:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ote=maplesyrup]

. Now they are having car issues and Wells Fargo just bumped the mortgage payment by $200 "to cover the escrow"(taxes and insurance). One income doesn't cut it, as many of you know, so she's looking for work. Going to go up for Kaia's 6th birthday in two weeks and do some more repairs to ready the place for Winter. They came for a visit yesterday....

Wells Fargo sure messed  up your kid's estimate of what their payment was going to be.  A $2,400 a year (200 a month) increase is uncalled for.  Some knucklehead probably used old property tax numbers when figuring their payment.  Buyers provide what their insurance is going to be so in my opinion the taxes were underestimated.  Nothing you can do now other than give the branch manager a good, long tongue lashing and report Wells Fargo to the proper US department which I don't know what it is put I am sure there is one.  They are in enough trouble the way it is.  Who knows, the department may have some rule of reimbursement for gross errors like that.  Won't know if you don't ask.  Good luck if they pursue it, which I would.  Someone should have to pay for a mistake like that.  That is enough to send families into bankruptcy.  Just what were they suppose to do if both already worked?  Get a 2nd job and sacrifice family time because of an error that wasn't theirs?

Looks like camping was fun.  Cute kids!

post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/09/24 06:17:18
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 06:31:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Very cute kids, and PJ and the little pooch also adorable.  Looks like another great hike Bob.

Football was tremendously ugly yesterday. Lost in the losers pool and Cowboys were pretty pitiful. I know who I would fire today.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 08:14:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning from gloomy and rainy D.C.
Arrived with out incident yesterday, got our rental car and were at Chris' sister's house by noon for lunch. Had a great time chatting and catching up and they fed us supper, as well! Didn't get to watch any of the football game, just as well. We were rather surprised at how full our early morning flight was...until it registered that most of the people had on Packer gear and were on their way to see it. (Duh)

Rest of the family arrived much later, in fact just as we were finally checking in to our hotel. Seth and Didi RAN to me across lobby, got a hug from Seth and up held arms from Didi and a "GaGa?HI!" Son was parking as DIL began check in, she looked like death warmed over. Last one to get the cold that Seth brought home from grade school. Have not heard from any family members this morning, yet.
Only thing on today's agenda is find a wally world or other discount store. I am in hot water because I failed to pack any socks for the big guy. (he COULD pack his own stuff for once.) (not). Probably pick up a couple of umbrellas, too. Rain supposed to continue tomorrow, too, for the committal service. (also forgot to pack THAT.)
Will wait till we get home to comment on stuff like water main breaks, etc., too annoying not having a mouse to make things easier.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 09:16:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers.
Still raining here.    
Had a great time with the young people this weekend.  Lots of laughs.
So thankful they all came to visit.  SIL had us over for a wonderful and yummy Sunday dinner.
SJ driving back from St. Louis this morning.  He will go straight to the TV station for half day of
work there.  Then come home this evening.  

C&C,  Oh, your poor DIL... not feeling well and wrangling two small children on a long trip.
Glad you all made it safely to Washington, D.C.  Will be thinking of all of you tomorrow.  Hugs 

Maple,  The bathroom is lovely.  Good job!   Glad you and Sweetie are still young enough to
enjoy the rustic camping condition.  I would need a nice comfy bed in an RV parked out of sight.
Your granddaughters are so beautiful.  Must put a lot of joy in your life. 

UpHill,  Beautiful scenery.  I can see why you love living where you do.  Always fun to run across 
a few creatures of the woods.  Was that a porcupine?    Actually saw a weasel in our yard recently. 
Think it was after sunflower seeds under the bird feeder.    

Badger,  One of SJ's nieces who grew up in Chicago area married a wonderful man from Wisconsin.
I get such a kick out of the back and forth on FB between the Bears fans and Packer fans sides
of the family now.  On game days...the baby gets dressed differently after each diaper change.   
I see him in a Bear's shirt.  Then not long after he is wearing a Packer's shirt.  LOL

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 10:00:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Hurting in the night again and still this morning.  

Pearl went out just at bedtime and refused to come in.  I started to chase her but gave up and just came in and shut the door.  She decided to come in by the time I was ready to get in bed.  I will not start a game of Chase again.
This morning she has taken both slippers and run outside.  Only will bring them to me when I rattle the treat bag.  She's too darn smart.  I'll probably sacrifice another slipper to try to establish that NO TREAT IF YOU TAKE SOMETHING THAT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE.  I've been teaching her to bring different objects as part of service training.  Now she's taking advantage of the training!

Badger, I know!  
Sorry everyone had a disappointing football day.  I guess you'll have to jump on the KC bandwagon.  Patrick Mahomes is pretty fantastic and seems to have a great team behind him.  Winning the first 3 games and the first 2 on the road!  Only Miami and KC remain undefeated in the AFC. Rams and TB, in the NFC.  I think TB has only played 2 games.
I hope the KC luck holds.  It gives me something to look forward to all week.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 12:18:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That Pearl! She sure knows how to get your attention.

Sorry you are having the bad weather C&C.  I hope it clears up.  Poor DIL plane travel with 2 little kids and sick.  No bueno.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/24 14:25:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB,  Hope you enjoyed your special day!  

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 05:31:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Twosday.

Belated Happy Birthday, MB, hope is was a great one!

Lots to get done this week so that I can go to C&C's next week.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 06:27:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Wishing you a wonderful birthday MB.  Apologies for being late.

Cold front coming tomorrow.  Will have 70's, 80's and lows in the 60's.  Brrr.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 06:30:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Tuesday

MB...Happy Belated Birthday. I hope it was wonderful. Yesterday was also my niece's b-day. She turned the big 40. Just makes me feel older

Going to the dentist again in a few. I sure do like nitrous

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 07:27:39 (permalink)
MB, I missed your birthday, hope it was a great one!

I lost a cosmetic filling in one of my front teeth over the weekend. So I called and left a message on Sunday and first thing Monday, they have a cancellation and bada bing, good as new! You gotta love it when it comes together like that!

Today, I am getting a tour of three schools in our school district as well as the bus garage. I am on the facilities subcommittee, so it is even more appropriate. The tour will be given by none other than the superintendent! This should be educational, to say the least. 

Tomorrow, I will be attending the funeral of a friend, a doctor who was the healthiest guy I knew, died at 61 while riding his bike. I've skied with him and he is a natural athlete. You just never know. 

Special message to everyone here: Have a great day!

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 09:22:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers
Gray sky... more rain expected.  Temps in 70s.  
SJ made it home just fine.  Though I am talking to him from a 
fair distance.  He has another cold.  

Jamie,  photo of grandkeets for you.  Taking a break from training exercises.

Doing a little preening.  

Elphie on International Cat Day

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 10:00:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  52 and cloudy.  More rain expected today.  Been a very busy last few days.  Bought a new 55" Sony early Saturday morning.  Phil and wife came out around 2 and we hauled the old TV to Best Buy for disposal and picked up the new one.  Got it all set up but no signal to TV; only the blue ray would work.  Gave up and headed out to meet up with siblings for our BD gathering for dinner.  We had wonderful time with lots of laughter.  Christine brought me home.  Up early Sunday for church and then Christine and I headed to north suburbs to the Mad Hatter Restaurant and Tea Room to attend family bridal shower for another niece. Back home to tinker with the TV and Christine surmised that when the Panasonic died it blew out the Comcast HD box.  So yesterday picked up a new box and what do you know, the Sony is up and running.  Spoke to Bernie last evening and he should have his new PC up and running in the next day or two and says hello to all.  Finished off the rest of my dinner from Saturday evening last night, grilled shrimp, loaded baked potato and vegetable medley.   It was a very good day and thanks for all the birthday wishes.  Time to get busy around here and get this house cleaned.  Make it a great day everyone.  Later, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 10:51:03 (permalink)
+1 (3)
MB, WISHING YOU A GREAT BIRTHDAY ALL YEAR LONG.  I apologize for being late..

I had a miserable night.  No sleep.  Backache, etc.  I had a cup of coffee with Bailey's at about 5pm...  I should have known better.  Ann and I had been shopping
I picked out a new bed since I'm exchanging this one.  I bit the bullet and went with a top of the line Temperpedic.  I hated to but I've been disappointed by so many beds that I just decided that GET THE BEST AND BE DONE sounded good.  If it's not right then I just can't be comfortable, I guess.  
I am so disgusted with this Lazyboy recliner I bought.  It isn't comfortable after sitting in it for a few months.  Bad mistake.  Yesterday I tried a few others and was surprised at how much better they were.  I think this chair is just too big.  I'm going to try to send it back and hope for at least a partial refund.  It is not quality.  I should have sent it back months ago.  I suck at buying new furniture which I why I've had so much pieces reupholstered.  Too bad I don't have couch to recover.

A much needed Dr appointment at 1.

Sorry it seems all I do is complain.

post edited by TwirleyB - 2018/09/25 10:52:14
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 11:02:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirley--Good luck returning the Lazyboy.  My mom's broke and it took close to 6 months to get it fixed.  Can't say it was all Lazyboy's fault.  More the warranty company than Lazyboy.  The one good thing that came out of it was she got all new furniture since the fabric had been discontinued.  2 chairs and a sofa!  Don't know why but the manager of the place we bought it says Lazyboy discontinues colors almost every 6 months so when there is a claim they end up replacing not just the broken piece but whatever also matched it.  Doesn't sound too smart to me!

post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/09/25 11:06:12
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 11:07:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB--Happy belated birthday.  Sorry I'm late.  Is this the big 40?
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 12:21:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Dont let SJ give you that cold PJ. Love the bird and cat pics.

Thanks for the Bernie update MB.  Glad your birthday was all love and laughs.

Good luck at the dentist BB!

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3796
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 15:28:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB, Happy belated birthday, the dinner sounds great.

PJ, thanks for the pictures, those birds sure are cute (so is your cat).

Good luck at the Dr. Twirls, hope they find out what is wrong with you.

Glad to hear Bernie will soon be back OTA (on the air).

Thanks for the updates on your school board job, Bob, sounds like a lot of work.

Did any of you see that young 7 year old girl Malea belt out the National Anthem at the LA Galaxy soccer game over the weekend? It was on some of the national news shows. If not, look it up on YouTube, she has a good voice for someone so young.

Badger must be busy working again.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/25 16:46:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and I sure missed everyone ! Hugs to all the gals and a good firm handshake to the gents !!  Although, those that have met "Uncle Bernie" know that I probably will hug all of you when we meet, just 'cuse I'm so happy to see you. Fact.

'Tis been a bit of a bummer to be 'PC-less'. One doesn't know how much ya depend on the internet until it's gone; had a couple of wives like that. Hee,hee. 

Got my 'new' used PC yesterday after Bryan & I went to a PC repair shop/sales store in Calabash. The owner was super nice to help us to find a used power supply in his 'scrap' PC's to replace the one in my old Dell tower. He didn't charge me a dime and said to take it home to see what else Bryan could find wrong with my PC. One has to start with a known good power supply. We did so and that's when the fun began : my hard drive had problems, RAM memory sticks 'iffy' and something wrong on the Motherboard. Carp & other words.  Bryan might have solved all the problems in a couple of weeks or maybe not and I still would have a 7 year old CPU. Time to "cut bait" or cut my losses. Went back to the PC repair shop and looked at his upgraded used towers : newer versions of my Dell with faster processors & other features, including Windows 10 Pro. It has a 90 day unconditional warranty @ $280. Sold. Bryan checked it completely at his in-home shop, added some nice software options, got all of my S/W from my old drive transferred to the new PC drive ( simi-miracle) delivered (OK, walked two doors down to my house) and then installed at my computer table. Helped me get though the S/W changes and some other stuff. I asked what I owed him. His answer : nada. What a great friend and good neighbor. We both know that we can depend upon each other for help & support.

Anyway, all good with my world. So happy after the hurricane that no damage to my home or or other neighbors. I spent some time helping some of my neighbors clean up their yards from debris. I went to each neighbor to see if they needed anything at all; everyone good. Life is wonderful in my immediate world and I pray for all those that didn't fair so well. Still flooding West of the coast by the Cape Fear River, Lumber River, Pee Dee River,  Waccamaw River. Low lying areas that never fare well during heavy rains and flooding rivers. So sad.

I will try to get back to the last several days to see what has been happening. 
Love ya'll,
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/09/25 16:50:29

Weekend at Bernie's
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/26 04:37:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Nitrous Lovers, it's Hump Day.

Uncle Bernie is back, we missed you!

Twirls, how did you sleep in your new bed?

MB, final week countdown for you, I'm jealous. We were hoping to take a trip at the end of October into early November, but I'm so swamped with work that we probably won't be able to go.

PJ, thanks for the pix!

Hi Jamie!

C&C, did you make it back? If I can finish the job I am on in the next two days I am thinking about coming down Friday or Saturday.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/26 05:40:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!
Nice to be back in front of my own PC. Even nicer to have slept in our own bed last night!
Service for Chris' mother was very nice. Indoor part was held at the Old Post Chapel at Ft. Meyer, an historic building that many past presidents have attended services at. Rather nice to know you're sitting in a pew where a president may have been seated. Chris said he thought his mother would have enjoyed the pageantry. Chaplain did a very nice tribute to her, mentioning all her accomplishments like starting up a well-baby clinic in Guatemala in the early 50s, which is still helping mothers in Guatemala today. (As is the church that Chris' father started) Then all the moves all over the country and overseas once Dad  became a chaplain for the US army. Worked as public health nurse in many locations, including Germany, and as the industrial nurse at the Gatun Locks in Panama. Rain continued as the procession moved to the grave site, but cloud cover lifted just enough for us all to have a view of the Washington Monument from the site.

After the service, we all met at Jaleo's in the Crystal City portion of DC. A very good lunch of assorted tapas and dessert plates. Afterwards, we met back at Clara's house in Greenbelt, Md, which was convenient for us because we were flying out of BWI. Even better that flight home had plenty of empty seats, so Chris and I had a row to ourselves with an open middle seat, he had some elbow room and I wasn't squished between him and another person. Only snafu was drive home, when a portion of the freeway was shutdown for nighttime construction and we had to do some creative wandering of city streets to get ourselves back on the freeway. Added about a half hour to the drive home, but we made it.
Oh! Also forgot to mention that on Monday night we went to a seafood place, the kind where they dump a pile of crabs on the table. Besides the crabs, we had some shrimp, oysters and mussels...and Didi went nuts for the mussels! Couldn't get enough of them! DIL seemed to be feeling better, so we all had a good time. They are still in DC for a day or 2, then will start the drive home with a few stops here and there. Hope the weather there is a little better for them today as they do some touring of the National mall and museums. Good age for Seth to see some of those sites.
Happy belated birthday to MB!
Nice to have you back, Mr. Bernie!
Hope you all have a wonderful day, but right now, I NEED MORE COFFEE!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Page: << < ..826827828829830.. > >> Showing page 827 of 1030
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5