AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 825 of 989
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 10:30:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another beautiful day here.  Gonna be a hot one though.  High temp of 95F coming this afternoon.
That's OK I have more work to do inside than outside today.  
SJ leaves for St. Louis on Thursday.  So I will crank up some tunes and be at the ironing board getting
his clothes ready to pack tonight.  Blah...blah....boring life I lead.  LOL      

Bernie,  Might be hard to catch a pic of cat and dog playing.  They move pretty fast.  
But I will give it a try. 

Cindy,  there is always something to do around the house even on rainy days.
SJ's vanity, medicine cabinet and kitchenette area are next on my list for a rainy day project.
He can never throw away anything.  Not even an empty shampoo bottle.  

Twirls,  sorry you are having so much trouble getting help.  Hugs

Wishing everyone a fine day!   

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29464
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 12:21:58 (permalink)
+3 (3)
That is ridiculous Twirley.  They have carried things too far in the opposite direction and are now harming people that were never abusers.  ****es me off.  It would have been so easy to control this "crisis" from the start if they had wanted to.  So easy to track the top prescribers and crack down on them, but they didn't. Also made all the docs dependent on good Prerss-Gainey scores from their patients tying it to their pay.  So all thre druggies got drugs so they wouldn't leave bad scores.  Also, the goverment required docs for years to treat all pain based on "it is what they say it is" so the druggies had a heyday with that too.  All of this could have been stopped at any time, but I am convinced the drug companies that profited really pulled the wool over the eyes of many people.

Ok, rant over.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 14:34:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ho everyone,

Bernie...So glad you and your sister are safe

Twirls/Crunch/Frank...Just hate that you all are in pain

I get a new roof and drywall repair. Less the deductible. Thanks for all of your input. Now I have to pick out a shingle color.

Didn't go into work today. Felt like crap. Allergies or cold, I hope it runs it's course quickly.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 14:51:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon all
I seem to be having a good day.  The gastro Dr was great.  I'll be having the "blind" procedures...like the window blinds in my house...up from the bottom and down from the top!  LOL!  I made that up. Jesse, they won't even pre medicate you unless you bring a driver and THEY HAVE TO WAIT for you!  They can't even leave and return!  That's why I had to cancel last time it was scheduled.  No driver!  Hopefully I can get someone.  

I had on my "Mexico travel day" outfit today as its hot and sunny.  I had lots of compliments from almost everyone at the Dr office and strangers in the elevator.  This skirt is about 15 years old with several holes but long and flowing so you don't notice them.  It added to my good day!  Also the waitress at the lunch place complimented me and I explained it was my Mexico travel attire.  This led to a conversation about where I go.  I gave her some info and my number and a good tip.
I shopped a bit after.  Got Pearl a new industrial stuffed rabbit.  I was looking for a possum but no go on that.  
And I got a new tall urn that's coated metal and painted rings of brilliant jewel tones, a new under the seat stackable travel bag.  I'm tired of bungie cording mine together.  And a few things for Christmas baskets like gourmet hot chocolate mix and reindeer pancake mix.  It has white and dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.

I hope everyone has a good day.
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 14:52:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, some times it just feels good to purge. Since I retired in June, I have gone through every cabinet, every drawer and every closet, room by room, and doing a deep clean on each room. Have made six trips to Goodwill, two of which were for kitchen stuff. One trip to the women' women's shelter for work clothes I no longer need, and one trip to our homeless shelter with two bags of toothbrushes, toothpaste and other oral hygiene products I have accumulated from my periodontal visits. I did the same thing after my first retirement 12 years ago. This time I got rid of stuff I didn't then. Unbelievable the amount of closet, drawer and cabinet space I have now, and so neatly organized. I also had chunky lotions and dried out potions. Lightened my load, and feels good.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 16:33:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PamT, I agree. Clothing purges I do twice a year, when summer comes out and winter goes away, then again when soon I'll be bringing winter clothes back out. It DOES feel good.

Twirls, I'm glad you're having a good day, but who is Jesse?
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 17:05:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
thank you Claire

not a single spider on the table

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 17:44:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  62, cloudy and damp.  More rain on the way.  Didn't venture out and got all the calls on my to do list done and lots of bills paid online or via phone.  Just waiting on two calls back so I feel good about getting things accomplished or in the works so to speak.  Renewal by Anderson called this morning and left a voicemail that they want to schedule a service appointment for 9/26.  Nada.  Not days before my trip south.  Have been waiting for this call since sales rep and service manager were out on 8/14.  Those rat $astardos.  

Spoke to Bernie earlier. His computer is down and he is waiting for techy neighbor to assist over the weekend.  Just thought I would mention if you don't see posts for a few days; other than that all is well with him.

Cindy, I was thinking the same thing "who is Jesse"?  Finally broke down and put on a pair of socks and slippers mid-afternoon.  Sadly the sandals were not working anymore for me.  I was too chilled.  Edit:  Love the fall arrangements; thanks Claire and Cindy.

Agree with all the gals about going through stuff and pitching and/or donating.  Tired of all the clutter myself.  It's liberating but worth the extra effort.

BeachBilly, hope you feel better soon.  Wish you well on picking out the shingles.  Perhaps you could get some advice here on LG or a family member for suggestions on shelf life, quality and color.  

Crunchie, agree with you on the opioid epidemic in this country.  Shameful on so many levels. Too many lives lost and families tormented.  Senseless.

PJ, the heat is on.  Always loved that song.  Anyways, you are a sweet lady getting hubby ready for next destination trip.  I hate ironing.....but I am sure you are a pro at it and me not so much.  Feel better soon girl.

Jamie, did you get your tech stuff figured out yet?  Hope so.

Twirls, little confused about your current health status and why Mayo declined services.  Probably about not having a referral from GP?  Wishing you well and sounds like you had a better day.  

Spoke to Paul's sister today about what's been happening in the Clark family.  Headstone for Tim and Paul is done.  She will forward some pics for me.  I was about to reach out to her shortly for an update on family.  Sadly, Tim's daughter, another chronic alcoholic, is in jail, lost her job since her Father passed in May.  Such a sad situation and following her Dad's unfortunate path in life.  Worried about her three children and spouse.  Hard for me to wrap my head around such things and pray the next generation does not fall into this addiction.  Thanks for listening.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/09/19 17:50:40

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 05:02:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Raining. Another laundry day. Sigh.
PJ, SJ sounds like Chris. 2 feet away from the wastebasket, but he leaves a crumpled up napkin and paper plate on the counter.

Crunch, I totally agree with you. Big Pharma is the guilty party, and medical profession is complicit. At the very LEAST, drug companies should be required to kick in large $ for treatment centers. Just sickening. Not to mention the way they continue to jack up prices on life saving drugs like the EPI pens and insulin and the list goes on. Makes me sick. (and ANGRY)

Now I'm so p*ssed off I can't remember what else I was going to comment on.
But have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 06:14:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

Twirls, I'm glad you're having a good day, but who is Jesse?
Cindy

Not sure, but I'm guessing she started to type "Jesus" and it autocorrected to Jesse?

Good Morning P*ssed off people, it's Thirstday.

Which means...Bernie, get the garbage out!

Crunch, totally agree!

BeachBilly, what I tell people when they ask about shingle color is to drive around until they see a house with similar colored siding to what is on their own home and with a shingle color that they thinks looks nice on that place, then get one close to that. Your roofer should have a sample chart with him.

Lotsa rain in the forecast, so a good day to work in my shop.

C&C, it's Babs and my wedding anniversary tomorrow, so we are going out for dinner, might not be home until 6 or so. Do you want to do Boat Drinx then or?

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 06:29:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
better late than not at all,  call us when you are ready to start

Video
Pix
YouTube

maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2547
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 07:16:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I'm still here, but been so busy I've only peeked in now and then to see how Uncle BeBe fared. I'm a week out from catching up to you all....I'll be back.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 10:55:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Woke up very late.  Put in a full day yesterday.  Slept hard last night.  Moving in slow mo...my mind is in a fog.
Need a couple of cups of coffee to get this day started.  Working on the first cup.   

BeachBilly,  So sweet of you to send Cindy the hedge apples.   Hope you are feeling better.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29464
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 12:18:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Another day another dollar.

Twirley- perhaps you could hire someone to take you and stay and return home with you?  Whatever it takes......
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 16:03:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Thursday

Feeling a tad better. I took off today too. I did go to a dental appointment. Trying to get everything done before I don't have dental insurance anymore.

Badger...He did have some samples. I narrowed it down to 3. He is going to send me addresses of roof's they did with those shingles. My house is brick and it is a funky color of brick. It's kind of pinkish. I don't want anything really light because of mildew stains. Don't want anything really dark either.

Going to Louisville tomorrow to visit the folks.

Have a great evening everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2176
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 17:05:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening,  64 with light rain, thunder and lightning.  Morning storm dropped 2", about to get hit again with the heavy stuff.  It's here. Localized flooding and under a tornado watch until 11 p.m. Did go out mid-morning and got another tan in, then a shower and some laundry done.  

Cindy, I best get my fall decorating done but seemed oddly strange with 90s last weekend.  Thinking next week after I clean this place.

Any new news from Crunchie or Twirls? 

PJ, hubby on the road again.  Perhaps your daughter will stop by with the keets for a visit.

Happy Birthday SoSo.  Hope you have had an amazing day.

MapleSyrup, you must be very busy.  Hope all is well.  

Not much else going on around here.  Have a pleasant evening all. MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 18:02:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
Badger is correct.  Jesse was supposed to be GEEZE!  I didn't notice.

MB, a whole lotta water!
It's going to rain here all weekend, they say, and turn cold!  A high of 68 expected on Saturday.  I went to the store for comfort food and hopefully I'll feel like cooking.  Tomorrow is smoked pulled pork.  Saturday is chili.  Sunday, pot roast...or that's the plan.  Although I HATE to see the hot pool weather go away, I am looking forward to the house smelling of good food, turning on the fireplace, and watch OF play football and THE SILLY HALLMARK FALL MOVIES.  Does anyone else look forward to those seasonal Hallmark movies?  

It's looking like I'll probably stay home for Thanksgiving but go to Steve's, in California, for Christmas and New Year's holidays.  I'll need to go somewhere warm by February, so who knows.  Hopefully Pearl will be travel trained by spring.  Unfortunately my favorite condo in HMB doesn't allow dogs.  I might have to find another place.

Have a great night.

I was supposed to have a "date " tonight but I don't have the energy.  I didn't sleep last night.  Since I'd had no pain meds since the night before, I woke up around midnight and hurting.  My right hip!  Probably more shingles related pain and it took forever for the pain meds to work.  Then I never slept comfortably.  And for some reason, my elevated bed would not work!  I even got up and checked the plug.  I gave up thinking it was batteries.  Today it worked.  DUNNO....
Anyway, I didn't feel like getting all prettied up so I postponed our meeting.  A mutual friend arranged us, so to speak.  We haven't met in person but he's my age, and a plumber that had his own shop and sold it.  I think he still works.  I really wanted to go today because it's probably the last really summer like day.  I love sitting outdoors to get to know someone.  It's casual and out in the open.  You don't feel so coupled up.   I'm more relaxed.

Crunch and Cindy, I agree about the situation.  Pretty pathetic.  Out health care system is CONTROLLED BY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES and they are in cahoots with the BIG PHARM for deals and kick backs.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 22:44:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeachBilly---On the shingles, look at "weathered wood".  Almost all manufacturers carry.  Having sold new homes for over 30 years it was by far the most popular color.  Goes with just about everything.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6066
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/20 23:24:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Time waster--What was the worst decorating trend the year you were born?  Mine was red vinyl.  Remember pink bathrooms?  Pea soup carpet?  They all are listed here.  Brings back memories!  Like I said, a real good time waster! A wealthy aunt of mine had her entire kitchen done in lavender.  Fridge, dishwasher,  cabinets, everything.  I'll post a pic of it if I can find it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us...cid=spartandhp#image=1
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/09/21 11:25:58
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 04:57:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Raining again. With the sound and light show. 80 yesterday, and today's high will be 68, briefly, then steadily falling temps to an overnight low of 43. Badger told us they have a frost advisory tonight. (We ended up doing Boat drinx last night.)

I went and donated blood yesterday. Then I went to see pharmacist and get a flu shot. Still haven't gotten the 2nd dose of Shingrix, but we are moving up on the list. Pharmacist told me they are only getting 4 or 5 doses at a time. Trying to get all who have had first dose done before they start on anyone else. I think our window closes in mid October, so hopefully we'll get in before that. Otherwise we'll have to start over.

Today I will pull out luggage and start packing for trip to DC. Flying out of MKE Sunday. Short trip, we will be back late Tuesday night. Service at Arlington is Tuesday morning. I guess they've had some security "incidents" at Arlington recently, so there are a lot more hoops to jump through to get there. Eldest son and GF are flying with us, younger son and family are driving. Taking more time to stay and visit sites of the Capital. Unfortunately, Natural History branch of the Smithsonian is currently closed for renos and updates...a shame, since Seth would have really enjoyed that. But still plenty to do and see. Just wandering the Mall will take the better part of the day. And I think he'd enjoy Air and Space museum. 

Frank, I didn't check out your link, but I do remember we had a pink bathroom when I was a child, and the kitchen had a gray and pink lino floor. We even had a truly ugly and uncomfortable pinkish colored sofa. But so did most every body else. I have to say I liked the pink bathroom better than when they redid it in blue. Some awful plastic tile that was supposed to look like marble. It DID NOT. (((shudder)))

MB, did you enjoy having a river instead of a street? The Mississippi sure is getting a lot of water from the upper Midwest. Too dark and wet yet for me to check the rain gauge. We may have wind gusts to 60mph today. Pick up Sticks, anyone?
I am desperately in need of more coffee, so everyone have a great day.
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/09/21 05:03:33

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 05:15:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy anniversary Paul and Babs.  Fun boat drinx last nite.  Looking forward to your visit in October to side the machine shed.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 05:19:03 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Yes, another fun Boat Drinx.

MB, when did you move to North Carolina?

BBilly, Frank is correct about the weathered wood shingles, definitely the most popular choice up here.

Lotsa rain here yesterday, more expected today with howling winds.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6936
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 07:51:44 (permalink)
Oh my.... Pink bathrooms, do I remember them. And my mom had me paint her upstairs bathroom Pink a couple years ago... Who else remembers avocado appliances? (Green)

Today's event:
Dedication of the Captain Benjamin Cross Field is scheduled to take place at 3:30 pm on Friday, September 21st near the flagpole area by the baseball/soccer field.
Captain Cross was a local son, who died in duty to our country. Here is the story:
https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/your-marine-corps/2017/08/25/remains-of-three-marines-killed-in-osprey-crash-recovered/

I'll be doing a mouse check at a friend's house today. And building a cabinet for my screen room. Basically, on the south side, where we start our plants, I'll have a counter with storage for the planting pots and supplies (out of sight). I may also work on some Christmas yule log candle holders. We have some charitable fund raisers coming up and I'll donate them to be sold and raffled. 

I just shaved and am trying to get a good picture for my ski pass. My current picture is 5 or 6 years old. I'll look nothing like the picture as I always wear a helmet, face mask and goggles, but they might recognize my smile.... First attempt was left with fuzzy and blurry pictures. Second try coming up. Sigh, the travails I must endure. 

Thinking of all those in need today. Wishing you the best.

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 07:52:34 (permalink)
Morning all
Up early from pain.  Couldn't lay flat any longer.  I do hope and pray it's NOT my only kidney.

Already started to sprinkle.  Branson has down pouring already.  Summer is coming to a close.  Hopefully we will still have sunny and warm Indian summer in October.  Pool will probably close late October before I leave unless the weather stays cold and rainy.  When the neighbors leaves start blowing in and making work, it's time to close it.

Today I'm smoking a pork butt.  Jaymie, my fabulous neighbor, is teaching piano on a few evenings a week so I'm cooking extra to give to her for easy meals to take some stress off her.  Plus they love my cooking so I feel good!  I can't physically do much to help others so if cooking helps, I'm great with doing it.  Cooking something good takes my mind off my discomfort.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO PAUL AND BABS!   Jay and I married on the 19th of this month.

Frank, I'd love to see the LAVENDER KITCHEN.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/21 10:12:58 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful blue sky here.  Temps in 90s expected.  Tomorrow the rain and cool down arrive.
Not much on my agenda.  SJ made it to St. Louis just fine last night.  SC is coming home for visit tonight. 

Happy Anniversary Badger and Babs! 

Frank the chrome dinette is what I most remember.

My mother had the green one that seated 8 people.  

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 825 of 989
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5