Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 824 of 839
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 10:19:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and bit cooler here.
Yard patrol finished.  Bird feeder and hummingbird feeder filled.

SJ will be home today.   He was happy with his weekend of work.  
Made it through long days of sitting without being in very much pain from his injuries.  (I was worried about that)
Feeling good because at the end of the day yesterday... the Fox Sports executive complimented him on his directing abilities.

Twirls,  Thinking of you today.  Hugs
Tell Bernie we are so glad he is safe with no damage to his property.  

BeachBilly,  Sure hope you are not coming down with this crud. 

Cindy,  Hope those mosquitoes don't get you while mowing.

Gotta get moving here.  Didn't run errands yesterday.  So I have to do today.
Everyone one have a great day!

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 13:10:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Monday

PJ...I think your post is in limbo. I see you posted but can't see your post.

Cindy...hedge apples are on the road. UPS ground. Should be there Wednesday.

Still have a sore/scratchy throat. Been sneezing a lot today. Don't know if it is a cold or allergies.

Have  a great day!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 13:11:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Now I can see your post PJ. I must have bumped you up

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 14:03:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
OMG.  I totally screwed up the morning and my 11 am dental appointment.  I was aware that I had an 11am and a the GYN @1 pm but they said arrive by 12:45.  In my drugged state, I somehow got them turned around and I didn't leave until 11am!  I thought I left a bit early to have time to stop and sign something at my attorney.  (Just another important thing I had to do today)  On the way, I realized I was screwed up but the dentist squeezed me in anyway.  That left me 25 minutes until the GYN appointment...I quickly stopped in my attorney then rushed to grab a sandwich and I ate while driving.  I made it!  Only to walk the long halls and be TOLD MY GYN APPOINTMENT IS NEXT MONDAY!  I almost collapsed!  I pleaded and begged and explained that this thing is about to rupture and all I need is for them to look at all the tests and set a surgery time!  They are squeezing me in at 3:30 IF NONE OF 3 women go into labor and they are all expected to deliver today...  I'm praying they hold off...
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 15:51:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good afternoon everyone.

Power & land line came back last night. Internet was the last thing to be restored today.

All is well for me and our neighborhood. The high wind took a toll on branches and some older rotten trees but not damage to windows or roofing ( that I can see ). I removes all of the ply board from windows and door today; was a hot and muggy job. Three of the neighbors that left prior to the hurricane have returned today. A few more are still gone, more than likely the flooding rivers have prevented their return. Just a little flooding in my backyard but that always happens with 3 days of heavy rains. No flooding into my home from front or rear doors. The only casualty was the frozen foods from power outage; alas, they didn't make it. I left them in the freezer to freeze again so I can toss all into the garbage can on Thursday and I don't have that stuff stinking up the garage. The only items that I kept in two coolers with ice, not in any order : beer, coke zero for Cuba Libres, tonic water & limes for my GT's, bottled water and milk for my cereal.  Ice didn't keep that well but fortunately the grocery stores opened on Saturday. I had plenty of canned goods to eat but never did get to that can of spam I bought. I think I was saving it to the 'bitter end'. hee,hee.

Badger, I considered your suggestion for the generator but Lowe's & Home Depot were sold out, including their gas cans. Two of my neighbors were close to running out of gas on Sunday morning.
Shallotte stations all closed due to no power but North Myrtle Beach had power and available gas, so my neighbors drove down and got some more. At any rate, I probably wouldn't get much use from a generator vs. the cost paid for a good one. Although it would have been nice to keep my PC an fridge up and running. I had no entertainment except an old portable battery radio and at least that kept me updated on the hurricane.

I went back to read all of the excitement on the forum but now I can't remember everything you guys did or said. hee,hee.  Thank you again for thinking of me. I'm over any more hurricanes. No mas !! The grocery stores are out of many items, like bread, milk and other perishables.  Wonder if they will still have sales on Wednesday.

See y'all and back to the morning routine tomorrow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 17:31:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  59 and mostly cloudy.  Got out fairly early and got all the lawn work done by 1 p.m.  Sever T-storms moved in around 2.  I lucked out and didn't get the 60 mph winds that hit Eagan City Hall a half mile from my home.  More storms and rain on the way through Thursday.  Tomorrow Toyota goes in for maintenance involving oil change, tire rotation and alignment, if needed.

Badger, what a game.  New kicker offer already in play.  Dan Carlson out and offer to Dan Bailey from Texas.     

Cindy, I have thought about trading the two vehicles in for a new one, but not a top priority for me at this time. Hope you got some more of the ditches mowed as more rain is probably headed your way as well.

PJ, that was such a nice compliment that SJ received. Hope you have a nice evening together and good to hear that he powered through in spite of his injuries.

Bernie, so glad you are okay and thanks for the phone call.  Nice to have life returning to a different norm.  Just watching more on the state of affairs in your state.  You are so fortunate and I will keep sending prayers for so many that weren't..  Bet Freddie is happy to have air back, plywood off and no tub filled with aqua. Any news on Deb?

Twirls, really?  Looking forward to an update soon.  Those pain pills are messing with you.  

Crunchie, need an update on your appointment today.  Hoping it's good news.

Jamie, always thinking about you.  Sure would be nice if you could head south of the border for a bit of fun.

BeachBilly, wishing you well on that water leak and repair.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out and you are happy with the job.

Hi to all I've missed.  Blessings, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/09/17 20:17:39

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 18:05:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Hola BCrs

Thanks for the BeBe updates Twirls.  Best wishes for a successful diagnosis today, sorry for all the pain you are going through. It's hard when in pain, sending you strength.

Hee Hee we are glad you are ok... your gord was bored?   U Forgot the crossword puzzles your H bag?  Would you do it again?  How did Deb manage?

BB if that adjuster is representing your insurer (not always in your best interest), go for an independent adjuster.  Should the bottom line between the two adjusters be crazy-then raise a little hell.  Do the early retirement dear and don't worry about your termination notice.  Personally done both short and long term and nothing other than jealousy in a kind way from colleges.  Come down to the beach and join us all next spring would love to see you.  (or any time this winter for me)

PJ hope you are feeling better, sounds like a perfect weekend to yourself. Am I weird, does yard patrol means you are picking up doggy poos?  Guns have no place in my life and never will, would have freaked me out.

Was a lovely rainy day family time yesterday with the grand, it was their first time to see our community barn.   Decided to keep warm and not swim as mist was rising from the pool, they all jumped in the hot tub after. 

Mammoth burrito MB, so excited you are the next BRAT 💜  Will get a pic of the small patio soon, we just split my huge  bamboo this aft, wowzer needed a chain saw it was solid root bound. Thinking about placing on the patio.

Hope Susy is enjoying Isla, check in eh

JJ so happy for you, adjustment to any new position takes time, you have the BEST attitude.  Go get em.

Everyone else make it a good day.

until move time
Save
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 19:25:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It's a good thing, MAYBE, that I posted about the earlier part of the day because the last part WAS WORSE! I called before I left the house to make sure that no ladies were in labor and I was assured everything was on schedule...I was prepared to wait a bit and it was 30 minutes before my name was announced to be seen by the GYN.  I waited another 30 minutes for the Dr.  I was TOLD TO UNDRESS FROM THE WAIST DOWN!  OMG NOOOOOO!  Yes...   I was mortified to tears.  No one has seen my nekkid body for YEARS, since Jay was sick.  Ok over and done.  Then I was told about an ultrasound that was going to need to be done....I WAITED ANOTHER 45 minutes.  It was after 5 so I stepped out of the room and started looking for someone... finally the Dr came by and looked at me strangely and I said "I'm still waiting"  OOPS.  HE DIDN'T TELL ME I WAS DONE FOR TODAY.  I WAS WAITING FOR THE ULTRASOUND!  He said that the girls would discuss it with me.  He didn't say it would be scheduled for another day or to go check out!  So I was left in the room while everyone but the Dr WENT HOME!  Thank goodness that I had enough brain left to think to look for life in the hall before I was totally alone in the area!  
I'm sure I'm a bit foggy headed sometimes lately which I have to blame on little good sleep, and a lot of pain meds just to make another day.
Needless to say, HE DOESN'T THINK THAT MY PROBLEM IS THE CYST!  And I have to agree after he "fingered" the supposed problem area and it isn't where the pain is.  BACK TO MY REGULAR DR AND SQUARE 1!  I was so ....I don't have words for it, but I went to my closest favorite place for wine.  2 glasses and oysters before I came home.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 20:02:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, so sorry. Time to get your little butt to Mayo. Sadly, you have wasted more time with no answers. Hugs, Cathy.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 20:20:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls--Hang in there.  Pain is hard for anyone not in it to understand how it effects one's life.  Doesn't the doctor want to remove the cyst?  Even if it is not the cyst causing the pain, I would think he would want to remove it.  But I'm no doctor!  Good luck with the next go-around.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/17 22:13:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just a quick, late sign in, will try and catch up later. Was off the air for a few days due to PC being down, will still keep appt. with Gee Squad in case my neighbor's fix was only temporary. Weekend TV stinks, especially if you are not watching NFL for the season. My motto, take a knee, take a hike.

Holly, so sorry to hear all you are going through, have you thought about a second opinion? Hate to think f you in so much pain.

Bernie, thanks for checking in, glad you are OK, was very worried about you especially after seeing all the TV news coverage about the damage in Wilmington. How long do generators provide power after an outage?
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 06:04:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Thunder, lightning and rain began a few minutes ago. Internet has been going on and off, so this may be brief.
Holly, so sorry! I do think it is time for Mayo, too. Marshfield, here in Wi., gets high marks as well.
Claire, thanks. Will be watching for it. Hope you haven't got the crud that PJ got.
PJ, hope you're feeling better, too.
Badger must be out of town again.
MB, got only one pass in the ditch, still pretty sloppy. Getting sloppier now.
SoSo, good to "see" you.
Jamie, hope all is well with you.
Crunch, any updates? 
Hi to all I missed!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 06:43:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Geez Twirley.  I am so sorry. I understand how you feel completely.

Well, I have fluid in the joint where there should not be any.  The rest of my MRI has normal for age stuff, but nothing the doctor thinks would be causing this.  It is the fluid and edema.  Today I will have another MRI only with contrast injected, back xrays, and blood work to check for infection and other markers that may explain what is going on.  I was started on "nerve" medicine so hoping that will help.  Sure knocked me out last night which is a blessing.  The pain doc won't do any procedures for pain relief until we figure out what is going on unfortunately.

Got to say that my husband is wonderful.  I have really been hard to be around, but he keeps coming back for more.

Bernie - so glad you weathered the storm so well.  That is wonderful.

BB - I would give a months notice or more if you have a really good relationship with the boss.
post edited by crunch - 2018/09/18 06:48:28
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 07:06:13 (permalink)
Bernie, glad all is well with you and your home. My relatives in the area are okay as well. I like your plan to keep things frozen until garbage day. 

Had a great time with my brother yesterday. We basically shot the bull and got nothing accomplished!

Holly and Crunch, Frank, thinking of you, wishing I had a magic wand.

I have now re-homed 58 chipmunks! Paint is coming out next for their tails! LOL! Turns out there is a statewide epidemic of the smaller rodents, from a huge acorn harvest last year. And so many of them are suicidal, all over the road. There is now forecast a huge increase in the fox population.

Went for a kayak ride with 5 ladies the other day (Take that Bernie!!!!). They paddled and swam while I fished. I stopped fishing after I caught 20. None of them were keepers, but I enjoyed it. 

MB, some cooler temps! Gonna press 80 today, then cool down tomorrow. I can't wait.

Today, I'm gonna get the garage floor cleared off, move stuff to the shop, scrub it again and get ready to seal it in about 10 days. I'll give it a final scrubbing in 6 days and let it dry good before I seal it. 

Be well all! 

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 08:32:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Today it will be mostly sunny with a beach high of 84 degrees. Current temp 77F at 8:04.

Yesterday morning I removed the ply wood with out any incident.  I started to save some of the material in the garage and suddenly realized I just do not have the storage space without rearranging things. So I put the wood into the bed of my pick up.

Today I will clear out the garage of all the stuff I put in there prior to the hurricane. Many trips to relocate back to their spots. I already have a load of laundry washing; will do the bedding laundry once this load in in the dryer.

PC gave me a fit again this AM. It's not the internet connection but I suspect the video card is 'flaking' out and not providing an input to the monitor. Several attempts to get up & running until the PC booted up. I need Bryan over here asap but he & his Mom/Dad escaped to Kannapolis NC ( outside Charlotte area ). Not sure when they can or will return. What good is a PC guy if he is not two doors down, si ?

I forgot to mention yesterday that Debby finally called to say she was fine. Her location in SC never lost power but her smart phone died and the old battery would not charge. She took the phone to Batteries Plus yesterday & they replaced the battery for her. It's an old iphone 5 and she really needs to replace it; she said she is going to treat herself and will buy a new one at Christmas time.

Talked to Meredith last night. Her 95 year old Grandma in Colorado is failing and hospice will be set up very soon; probably today. It's time. 

Holly, go ahead and spend the money for the hospital. 

Hi Jamie. I really am no expert on gas powered generators and how long they will run. That answer depends upon the size of the gas tank and how efficient the generator runs. Maybe a day or longer ?
Glad your PC is up for now. I'm going to call a couple of PC repair places this morning for estimates on repair of my desktop tower ( hourly rate and new video card ).

Cindy, I just looked at the radar up in your area. Looks bad for more rain you and MB.

MB, get rid of those older cars, girl.  You deserve a newer one that is trouble free. Maybe some left-over 2017 models still available ? 

SoSo, I don't need no stinkin cross-word puzzles. My life is one big puzzle. hee,hee.

Wow, crunch. Maybe you need Mayo Clinic as well ?  You have good hospitals near you or they all in Dallas area ? Crossing my fingers for you.

Thanks, Bob. Glad to hear your relatives did OK out here. That's a lot of chipmunks and that's a lot of ladies in one kayak !! How is that possible ? hee,hee.

I'm outta here.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 09:46:11 (permalink)
Bernie!!! One of the ladies was my lady! LOL!

Jamie, regarding generators, typically they will run about 8 hours on half load on a tank of gas. That's half of the generator's rated load. Not half of the house load. They are kinda sized up for construction crews using power tools off and on thru the day. These are general statements, some last longer, some less so. A typical 5KVW (5000w) machine will take 5 gallons per 8 hour day and have some left over. Hope this gives you a general idea.

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 11:36:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky with high temps near 95F.  Gonna be a hot one!
SJ got home from Reading, PA just fine yesterday.  Was glad to see him. 
Washing machine is cranking this morning.  Need to get his work clothes done up again.
As he is going to St. Louis races this coming weekend.  

SoSo,  Your community sounds so lovely.   We live in hunters paradise.  There are always people shooting
guns.  Especially in the fall of the year.  By yard patrol I mean the dog checks out every possible spot that
a wild critter may have been during the night.  Snizzes and expresses her disapproval.  Checks under all the vehicles in
the drive way.  Just in case a strange critter could be hiding under them.  Barks at the squirrels. 
Lets them know she is up for the day.  There could be a game of chase me or wrestling with the cat.
Very little scooping involved with this lil doggie.  Always goes in the edge of the woods or down the slope a bit in the weeds. 
She needs her privacy.   

Uphill,  want to borrow my cat?  Elphie has decimated the chipmunk population on this hill. 
Glad you had fun time with the ladies and the fishing was good.

Bernie,  So happy you and Deb made it through hurricane Florence in good shape.  Hugs

Twirls,  I agree with everyone else.  Get yourself into Mayo for a thorough going over.  
There must be a better answer/treatment to your painful situation than what you are receiving in your area.  

Frank,  in answer to your question.  No, the gynecologist does not always remove an ovarian cyst. 
Not considered necessary surgery by insurance companies.  I could tell you my nightmare story.  But not
appropriate for here.   Let's just say the insurance companies have some heavy handed control over
women's health.  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 11:52:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls,  you made me think of my older sister with your cyst story.
She once went to her ob/gyn and demanded a hysterectomy.  
He told her she couldn't just march in and ask for that.
She told him, why not?  If the transmission in my car was bad I could go
to the mechanic and have a new one put in.  I am telling you that I am miserable
from the pain of endometriosis.  I have had a number of miscarriages due to it.
We have three children.  Do not want anymore children.  Take it out!  So I can feel better.
She had the surgery.  LOL

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/18 17:08:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoo.  64 and cloudy.  Big storm blew thru around 3 a.m. with heavy wind, rain and hail for about 15 minutes.  Lots of lightning and thunder as well.  Two inches in gauge. Toyota serviced with no issues and neighbor was so nice to shuttle me back and forth. Rain stopped about 10 a.m. and so I took advantage and ran a few more errands including another tan appointment.  Heavy, heavy rains expected this evening through Thursday.  Plenty of indoor stuff to do to occupy my time.

Bob, nice day on the kayaks. I'm sure it was fun to bring in those fishies on that short pole.  Your latest squirrel report made me laugh.  You are certainly determined.  I think they are all relocating to my yard seeing that I have a bumper crop of black walnuts this year and quite a few acorns.  Wonder if that is an indication of the winter to come?

Jamie, good luck with your computer issue and getting some assistance.

Crunchie, thanks for the update. Hope they get to the bottom of this ASAP.  Hugs.

Bernie, glad to hear Deb is fine.  Sorry to hear about Grandma's deterioration.  Nice that Meredith can assist with the hospice plans.

Cindy, rain go away.  I should have done a walk about this afternoon but it's a soggy mess.  I've heard good things about the Marshfield hospital.  

Twirls, any updates on what you plan to do next?  Is the Cleveland Clinic worth investigating? Thinking of you.

SoSo, dos semanas manana.  

Hola Badger.  Hope you have some inside jobs to work on.

Frank, did you ever check out reflexology as an alternative option for your chronic pain?  Just sad that you have to endure this day after day.  Truly sorry, it's got to wear you down on so many levels.  Hugs.

Hi to all I've missed and have a pleasant evening.  MB 
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/09/18 17:45:11

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 00:10:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

Still taking pain meds and trying to sleep.  This morning I received a call to set up an appointment with the gastrointestinal Dr.  First they had was late October!  I just couldn't take any more!  I called MAYO.  They won't take me!  I gave up.  I called the gastrointestinal department back crying and finally they got me an appointment for 10:30 TOMORROW!  I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't mostly from the shingles, but I was having trouble for a long time prior. I'm just going to do the best I can.
When I'm feeling this bad, poor Pearl gets so bored.  

MB, when do you leave?
I am hoping that I'm feeling good by the time I'm supposed to leave.  I would hate postponing my trip and disappointing my buddy.  

Supposed to meet the guy my girlfriend is recommending.   He called.  Hopefully I'll feel good.

Oops, I abandoned this post a few hours ago!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 00:17:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Another POSSUM INCIDENT.  Pearl had it trapped under the pampas grass and the fence.  She was barking up a storm at 10:45 pm and I knew it was bothering the whole neighborhood.  I chased (as best I could) her for about 40 minutes and she finally tired out enough for me to get a hold on her and get a leash on her.  I don't know why that_________ thing keeps coming in my yard!  
Then I got caught up in a movie.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 05:31:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Did Mayo say why they wouldn't take you? Weird. Hope you get some answers today.

Went for the Tuesday night seafood enchiladas last night. Yummy lunch today, too.

MB, we got 2 separate showers yesterday for a total of 4/10ths inch. But the bigger storms are supposed to be today. Mosquito babyboom on the way.

Did some cleaning/closet organization yesterday, then moved on to our bathroom. Well, mostly my vanity area. Tossed out an entire grocery bag of lotions that had become "chunky", other products that I just didn't use and that had been taking up space for too long, combined some things...always nice to have a clutter space cleaned up. Stuff that I tend to put off when it is gardening season. If it is raining again today, may do some drawer reorganization.  (I know, what fun, eh?)
Have a wonderful day all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 06:26:21 (permalink)
Good Morning Possums, it's Humpday.

Geez, Twirls, what a nightmare, sure hope you can get some answers soon. I've had a couple of friends who have gone to the Mayo Clinic within the last couple of years, they both said that the only way you can see someone there is if you get a referral from your own doctor.

Bernie, very glad you made it thru the storm in one piece. I was thinking you could look into a small generator, actually an inverter. You can find one for a few hundred dollars ( I own both a larger 5000 watt generator and a 1000 watt inverter) and it will supply enough power for things like a fan, computer and modem, TV, lights, etc. I have actually used mine to power our gas furnace in our home without any problems during a power outage. The gas tank only holds about 1 gallon, but it consistently has run for over 8 hours on 1 tank. Also, the inverter is very quiet, you can hardly hear it run. Honda also makes a very good one, but they cost around $1,000.00 or more.

Crunch, I think you should keep Tomas!

Just finished up a job out of town and now it looks like lotsa rain the next few days, so I should be able to check in here.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 08:19:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Bright sunny skies this AM and will remain that way today. The current temp is 73F at 7:50 and the beach high will be 88 degrees. Yes ! We needed the sun to dry things up.

Yesterday I got all of the stuff in the garage back into their normal places. Devin helped me carry the patio set of table & 4 chairs back onto the screen porch and also helped me move the grill back onto the deck. The rest of the items were all small and easy to move to their original spots. Mr Frog and that ugly painted gnome sitting side-by-side. I suspect that gnome will wack Mr Frog with his ax one night for disturbing the peace. hee,hee.

Still standing water in the back yard; about 1/2 of what was on the ground yesterday. I will take advantage of the good weather and clean off front & rear porches, plus sweep up all the leaves on the rear wood deck. Afterwards I will go to Lowe's Foods and catch some sale items, assuming they will have restocked their shelves. Going out to eat is not a viable option yet, as most local restaurants are still closed.

PJ, sounds like your cat & dog have a fun time together each morning ( weather permitting ). Maybe one morning you can snap a picture of them playing together for us ?

MB, about two weeks to go for you.....brat ! ha.

Oops. Lost some time when my brother Bob called; we were doing 'catch up'.

Cindy,  glad you had something constructive to do during your rainy periods but cleaning out the vanity ?  That's just sounds desperate ! hee,hee.

Badger, thanks for the input on generator/inverter. Maybe I'll get one someday. Right now my money had others places to go.  I had to laugh about your funny comment for Crunch keeping Tomas, although he might still have some trade-in value left ?

Crunch, hope you are getting better.

I decided to limp along with my computer until Bryan gets home. Thus far I can get it to boot most of the time. See y'all later, Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/19 09:03:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Up and moving.  I finally got a good night of sleep.  Unfortunately I'm still having to medicate.  I was exhausted from chasing Pearl, I think.

Not sure why Mayo declined me. I had started an application last week.  I called yesterday and lady found my application and we continued.  She asked if I was taking any narcotics and I told her I'd had an Rx for years and take them sparingly but as needed.  That was the last question.  Then she said that they felt that they couldn't offer me any help that I wasn't already getting. I think this "opiate crisis" is hurting anyone that really needs them.  I've been filling my Rx most times and saving them up knowing that soon they will take away all pain meds.  I'm going to stop filling them.  I think the record of filling them is against me.

Badger, it will be nice having you post while you're home.

Page: << < ..821822823824825.. > >> Showing page 824 of 839
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5