Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..821822823824 > Showing page 822 of 824
Author
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/13 17:57:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie
rear....duh

Bernie--Do you think the screens are going to hold or have you removed them and I can't tell by your pic?  Best of luck and try to be safe!

Twirls--Fingers crossed you have discovered your problem!  Prayers coming also
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/13 18:13:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
JJ--Agree with UHK about waiting until 2 weeks before giving notice
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2418
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/13 19:14:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, stay safe!  That storm looks evil, been watching the weather channel most of the day.
Holly, I pray you've found an answer to you pain.  The cyst actually makes sense, get to your gynie  asap!  I sure wish I lived closer, as I definitely have the time and would lobe to be there to help you out.
Crunch, hope you'll get answers soon as well.
To everyone else, lets all pray for good health, safe weather and a little less stress in our lives.  
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/13 21:44:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gem

To everyone else, lets all pray for good health, safe weather and a little less stress in our lives.  

Amen!
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 00:41:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Here is a interesting reference for flooding on the E Coast, plug in your address and fin
d the current projections.
https://ss2.climatecentral.org/#16/32.7616/-79.9950?show=satellite&projections=0-K14_RCP85-SLR&level=5&unit=meters&pois=hide

until move time
Save
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8115
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 03:53:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
TwirleyB

And IT'S THE SIZE OF AN EGG!  I DO HAVE SOMETHING GROWING INSIDE ME, WHICH IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!  

Twirls.....HA! I told you last week that you  had an alien growing inside of you and it turns out that I was right....kinda.
I am so glad that they found it and that you will finally get better!

Just checked the NOAA weather site for Bernie's area. Shows winds at 47 with gusts to 70 mph.

Almost certainly won't be available for Boat Drinx tonight, I plan on working very late and may even stay the night near the job site.
post edited by Badger - 2018/09/14 03:55:25

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9836
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 04:15:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Almost certainly won't be available for Boat Drinx tonight, I plan on working very late and may even stay the night near the job site.

Well, that's a bummer first thing in the morning. 
Good Morning
Hope Bernie and Deb (and Freddie) are OK. Not looking good for his area.
I got nothin' else.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29003
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 06:41:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
No fun Badger.

Praying you are staying safe Bernie.  

So, now that the steroids are out of my system I realize that I have been experiencing an adverse effect (somewhat common) from them.  It is called mania.    Anything i have said in the last 10 days was part of that so please ignore it.  I have now returned to sanity.  I will never take systemic steroids again unless it is life or death.  I thought I had gone insane. And they didn't even help!

Sure hoping the storms peter out even more than expected.  
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 07:02:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Stay safe Bernie!

Keav & Pam

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 07:10:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good windy morning along the coast !

I actually slept in this morning to wake up to strong rain and wind.  And the power is still on. Wheee.
Coffee tastes especially good this AM and I just checked the upstairs windows for any leaks. All good.
The trees in the woods are swaying back and forth pretty bad. No severe flooding yet. 

Frank, the rear porch screens are still OK. I wasn't going to bother removing them , as I have 3/4 roll of replacement screen in the garage. When I hired a company to do the screen job they had to purchase my requested 20/20 no-see-um screen and it was not a stock item for them, so they gave me the rest of the roll.

Weather man has the radar showing the storm as it moves into the land area. ILM airport in Wilmington just reported wind gust of 105 mph. The eye is currently over Wrightsville Beach and it is starting to push Southwest.

So, I will say 'thank you' everyone; your support means a lot to me. I will do my best to stay safe inside my home. I might be able to take a picture from the back porch but not until the winds die down some. Not going to get crazy or anything like Crunch. Ha,ha,ha girl !

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29003
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 12:20:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Very glad to hear this report Bernie.
Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3188
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 12:33:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Just got caught up with everyone's posts.

Bernie, please be careful! So glad it doesn't look as horrible as I thought it would be for you.

Oh Holly, I hope a cyst is the reason and not something worse.

Crunch, so happy to see your update ~ your last post was so upsetting to read.

Frank, I hope that you find relief soon. I can only imagine what you go through on a daily basis ~ hugs to you.

The sun is out on Isla Mujeres ~ it's gone from almost hurricane like wind and rain to hotter than Hell!!! Not complaining ~ we are blessed to be able to be here!!!

Take care everyone ~ love and hugs to you all!!!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 12:56:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  80 and partly cloudy.  Slept in later than usual, got cleaned up and then on to errands.  Felt good to get out and about after being here during the recent painting project.  The check engine light came on in the Toyota about two blocks from home.  Checked the fuel cap thinking that might have been the problem.  Guess not. Then I took the Honda out for a spin and got another tan appointment in.  Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Bernie, thanks for your update.  Prayers for all that are impacted.  

Twirls, anxious to hear what the OB/GYN has to say.  Hang in there.

Susy, enjoy the rest of your stay.

Crunchie, glad you are off those dang steroids.  Sorry you had to go through that.

Cindy and Badger, might I suggest you reschedule boat drinx to Saturday evening.   You need your weekly dose of laughter.

Time to get busy around here and make some more follow-up phone calls.  Be well all.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 13:31:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Afternoon everyone.

Talked with Bernie and he was ready for the eye to pass over him.  Probably happening about now.

YIPPIE!  I have an appointment with the GYN Dr. on Monday at 1!  I made sure he was surgically experienced to do the removal and YES.  So it won't be just another referral.  I'm hoping he'll read the report and schedule it ASAP during my appointment.  I don't think there will be more tests as they have already done them all.  I so hope that this takes care of ALL of the issues.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 15:17:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Friday

Bernie...Glad to hear from you and you haven't blown away!

Frank, UHK, Bosco...We are a small office not a corporation. I've known my boss, who is an elected official for over 30 years. I'd be shocked if he told me to hit the road. I have to turn in my retirement papers to the city and state at least 30 days prior to retirement. I'm not saying he wouldn't do it, but we have two new employees that aren't ready to be out on their own and my absence would leave a void in the schedule. I have been there 31 years. I will probably have to rent a Uhaul to move all of my xhit out  Bosco...my insurance will be $40.00 a month because I smoke. If I didn't, it would be free. I will lose my dental and vision. Eye exams aren't very expensive. I only use cheaters. My dentist has an in-house plan that actually is cheaper than what I pay at work. Or I could go to Mexico like Badge & Babs!

Roofer came out and said I have wind damage and need a new roof. I expected that as I find shingles in the yard occasionally after storms. He thinks insurance should take care of the majority. Should I get a second opinion? We have never made an insurance claim in 27 years at this house.

Hot here and this beer I'm drinking tastes so good. There is a Latino Festival downtown tomorrow I am thinking of going to. It's annual and I've never been.

Have a great evening everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 15:44:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BeachBilly--If you have worked that long for the company I'd would go by their rules as long as they have been good to you.
                  It is 5:00 O'clock somewhere.  Have an beer for me and another for yourself celebrating you upcoming retirement

Regarding a second opinion on the roof never hurts.  The insurance company is going to pay their standard amount.  The roofer that has the best line of bullshi+ and points out more damage is the one that will get you the most money.  Look to see if the a/c unit has any damage.  If there was hail in the storms a lot of other things could have been damaged.  The roofer that points out the most problems is the one I would go with.  Plus one of them might throw in something for free like an upgrade on the shingles, there is a piece of metal that goes under your bottom shingle and into the gutter I believe.  Lots of roofers don't use it.  Badger would know the name of it and probably give you some other things to ask the roofer if he'll throw it in.  Can't hurt to ask.  All they can say is no.  Don't be ashamed to ask.  Also, do not call the insurance company before you talk to the roofers.  It can hurt you in the long run.  They could come out and say there is no damage and it is considered a claim even if they don't pay anything.  Been thru that being in tornado alley
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/14 21:02:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
I've talked to Bernie twice.  Once earlier and just now.  He lost power at 1pm today as the strong wind came in.  He's fine but hot and bored.  He says it's not horrible but Freddie fell into a bathtub, which Bernie had filled with water.  Apparently Freddie can swim and he escaped the tub but ran dripping water all over.  Bernie had to get out of bed and dry her off.

BB, my step son is an estimator for a roofing company.  He used to have his own roofing business until he got older.  DO get a 2nd opinion but go with who is the most professional and deals a lot with insurance companies.  Yes, ask for particulars and everything he can get extra from the insurance company.
GOOD FOR YOU ON GETTING YOURSELF OUT!  It's important to try to socialize and keep busy, particularly at New experiences, as I find, anyway.

I actually have a semi blind date next Thursday.  An acquaintance of friends.  We've seen each other's picture but haven't met.  He's 63 and used to own a plumbing company.  We'll see how it goes, if it happens.

Tonight I felt decent and hungry.  I joined friends to hear my favorite local singer and a bit of dinner.  It was very enjoyable and over at 8 pm.  Early enough.  Tomorrow my friends are coming for early pool time and a lasagna I made and have in the freezer.  They are bringing salad and bread.  No fuss for me!  

I just took a pill to stop the shingles pain and itching.  The itching is a BIG PROBLEM NOW.  It should put me to sleep soon.

Badger and C&C, I hope you get in your Skype time for entertainment.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 05:14:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Twirls, THANK YOU for keeping us updated on Bernie! Good thing he bought bottled water, 'cuz now he has a tub full of catsoup. Oh, well. The tub water will still work for flushing. Hope he keeps the door shut, now, though. Did he have any info on how his sister is faring?

We ended up having son, DIL, Seth and Didi over. I had purchased a pre-seasoned and marinated arracherra steak at Costco. Simple dinner with a crusty bread and salad. That was a tasty steak, for any of you that are Costco shoppers. Our local grocery stores seldom have inside skirt steak available, so finding it pre-seasoned and marinated was a bonus.

BB, yes, get a couple of estimates. Another thing that will factor in on what your insurance will cover is the age of the roof. Badger would be able to tell you more of what you should expect. And I was pleasantly surprised with our insurance adjuster when we had the hail damage to our roof. Very thorough and gracious. It is what you've been paying for, after all. And our roof was pretty old. And as Badger found out, poorly done. He does not generally curse much, but he did while working on our roof. Nice to know now that our roof is solid and well done. The hail was actually a blessing in disguise. Also, include the bathroom repair! 

Twirls, happy you got an appointment quickly. Here's hoping he can do the surgery as quickly!

MB, do you ever think about trading both cars in on a new one? Seems like you have car trouble often. Just wondering.
Susy, thanks for checking in! Enjoy and indulge!
JJ, glad you found your happy place.
PJ, is SJ doing any better? And is your cold all gone?

Hope you all have a beautiful day! Continue praying for the folks dealing with Florence.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 07:33:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Bernie 's land line is now not going through.  His cell phone answered but I got his voice recording.  I left a message.  Perhaps he was finally sleeping.  I don't think he's flooded.  I'll let you know if and when I talk to him.

Other than that, I got nothing.  My ALIEN EGG is putting a lot of pressure and bending is pretty UNCOMFORTABLE.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8271
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 08:23:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful blue sky here.  Temps have risen back into the 90s.  

Twirls,  Thank you for the updates on Bernie. 
Pray you get the cyst removed pronto.  Feel much better afterwards. Hugs  

Cindy,  SJ is doing OK.  He went to Reading, PA to work at the drag races this weekend.
Talked with him on the phone last night.  He was able to tolerate sitting and directing in the remote truck.
Enjoying seeing all his long time buddies.  
I'm still fighting the end of this cold.  Still coughing some.  Get tired out quickly. 

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 08:25:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Saturday

Happy that Bernie is hanging in there. That's one good thing about us dinosaurs keeping our landlines

Thanks for the input on the roof. The roof is 17 years old. This guy actually went over everything you all just mentioned. Including the metal thingy. My husband had leaf guard put on our gutters several years ago and I pointed out I didn't want those damaged. And we just had our chimney tuck pointed and fixed last fall. Don't want that damaged either because that was not cheap. Roofer guy also thinks bath room ceiling would fall under the claim too. We are supposed to get wind and rain from Florence remnants late Sunday/early Monday. Roof might look worse when the adjuster comes to look. 

Have a great day everyone!

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 08:46:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning

BB... when you make the insurance claim, tell the adjuster to make arrangements to meet your roofer there when he does his inspection.  Makes for a much smoother process. 

Twirls  thanks for Bernie updates.  

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. We will celebrate our 17 year anniversary at  a vineyard to listen to a local band play this evening. They are playing 5-8.. right up our alley so we can still be in bed by 9:00.  LOL

Work is going great.  

Enjoy your weekend Clubbers!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 08:55:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
JJ AND MR MARK, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

BB, sounds like you got a good roofer and I agree about the bathroom ceiling.

Still can't get Bernie.  Just his voice mail.  I know he charged his phone...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 13:26:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, I think it is within the realm of possibility that with the heavy winds cell towers have toppled. Throw in the undermining of flooding from storm surge and rain... just pray for the best.

Video
Pix
YouTube

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/09/15 13:45:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Twirls, See if texting gets through. Even if the cell towers are working, I imagine they are jammed with signals. I can't even use mine when there is a football game going on and I'm on a call at the hospital which is right near the stadium.

Went out and ran some errands and acquired a head ache. Gonna take some meds and a nap. Think I'm gonna pass on the festival. Will catch it next year. I have a six pack of Sol. If i feel better later, I'll have my own latino fest

Page: << < ..821822823824 > Showing page 822 of 824
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5