Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..806807808809810.. > >> Showing page 807 of 824
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29003
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 06:52:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I call that a mini meltdown MB.  I sure know what you mean.  Glad they got everything running on your phone.

I agree on calling police for the burning.  That is so dangerous.

The kiddos are adorable with their cream puffs and the flowers are gorgeous.  So glad Mollie feeling better.

Badger - have a good rest this weekend and enjoy boat drinks.

Jamie - sorry to hear about your back.  Glad they could provide some relief.

Bob - shoveling sand doesn't sound fun. You are a good bro.

Tom's 47 year old cousin had a heart attack a few days ago.  He tells me it was massive, but he was already in the hospital and a surgeon was in the hospital also so within 15-20 minutes they removed the blockage and he is home and doing well. I haven't even had a chance to tell Tom this update, but since he lurks he will see this

I am not at all worried about Tom having TB because I have been exposed many times and without close contact it is so unlikely. As far as I know he doesn't hug and kiss the dudes at work so I think he will be fine.

We are going to go see The Meg tomorrow.  Gotta love a shark movie with Jason Strathom right?

Have a fabulous day all!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 08:06:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice sunny skies this AM and our coastal forecast calls for mostly sunny all day. The current temp is 78F at 7:48 and the high will be 88 degrees.

Yesterday I went to the bank and stopped at Food Lion for a 5 lb bag of sugar. Nope, not planning to do any cream puff backing, although though pictures looked so fabulous Cindy. Hummer food. After the grocery store stop, I went to Nell's for lunch. When I got home I had already received the estimate for State Farm on the truck damage. It was about $1500 lower than the body shop. Adjuster told me he wanted the body shop to try for REPAIR of the fender as opposed to replacement. It's a little game they both play : one high & one low, negotiations and then reach a point of cost agreement. I don't care which way they go on the fender, along as it comes out nice. Not something I wish to consume my daily life, you know what I mean ?  Get the job done and move along. It's only a material possession.

I heard from Sherry Flowe ( Travelon ) yesterday. She seemed chipper; she and Tom hope that they can get their mountain cabin sold. A possible trip to visit the coast down here in the future. Maybe.

Today I go get a haircut. Sunday I have possible boat ride on the ICW, assuming the weather cooperates. Forecast is a little 'iffy'.

Cindy, I enjoyed the pictures of Seth & Didi. Seth knew what to do with that huge cream puff right away. That's how little sister learns stuff !  Also, the flowers are beautiful ! Encouraging news for Mollie.

Bob, you are turning your retirement into a job !  Hope you have enough time to enjoy yourself. I have never been to a public school board meeting and am curious to know how that experience goes for you.  Good luck with that task.

Hi Jamie.  Long post for you and you sounded pretty busy these days.

Thank you everyone for sharing comments about my truck problem. I didn't mean for that event to consume the conversation.

Susy, hugs for you and your family. May the life of your Mom be always remembered with love and kind thoughts.

Hi to Badger, MB & Crunch.

Time to get a moving.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8271
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 08:21:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy and raining here.  Yes!
Looking at radar...there is more rain coming. 
Yard patrol finished.  Pets fed.  Enjoying my first cup of coffee.
Nothing much on my agenda.    

Cindy, great news that Molly is feeling better already.  Hopefully by the 
time she finishes the round of meds she will back to her old self.  Hugs

Crunch,  my house if far from clean.  I live with a hoarder/piler.  
Every flat surface is an invitation for him to pile stuff on.  I just keep the middle clean.
Every once in a while I get fed up and invade his spaces.   
Hope Tomas test out negative on the TB issue and that you get some relief from the sciatica.
Take care .... Hugs.

Badger,  I agree.  Will do without myself to take care of my pets.  

UpHill,  Your community is very lucky to have someone with your knowledge, experience and energy.

Jamie,  Glad your doctor visit went well.   Hope new pain meds are helpful.  
Only had them once...but I remember those In and Out burgers are very tasty.

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 09:07:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning BCrs

We are alive, have a very warm smoky summer with all the fires. The AC and hepa filters have been working OT. Last week we they removed the dead lawn and replaced. Looks great so far, setting up watering time zones, edging, etc. Keeping really busy, loving this community. Had electricians in to hook up our high foyer chandelier yesterday, love the LEDS lights. Ordered the living room chandelier, it’s scheduled to go up next.
Last weekend the kids came out to the lake for our golf tournament/BBQ. Then went fishing up the river the next morning and caught some sockeye.
This weekend is the Grande opening of our club house Pig Roast for all residents and families. Finally got the permit for the pools, hot tub, sauna, games room, kitchen, exercise room will be now be available for our use. Was tough looking at the pools filled during the heat of the summer. VSD is on the social committee and is doing the pig on Sat with a bunch of guys from the community, one is a pro butcher who is bringing all the carving tools etc. (We are dressing the guys up) theme is tropical 🌴

Hugs to Kat y BB thinking of you both and feeling sorrow for the loss of your loved ones.

Hey BeBe, ditto on my car, I drive it with the dents 😬 There is a market for parked car cams... buggers. Think you need therapy for this buddy? lol

Crunch and Tomas hope all is getting sorted. How is the tens working?

Frank why wouldn’t each state vote the same? Level playing field right, except for those ruskys still messin with it.

PJ animals are attracted to you... that kitty almost looked like it was from Akumal with those markings.

Bosco any improvement on the shore?

How is your smoke there Jamie?

Hi Nip!

MB looks like a fun lake weekend, something well needed.

JJ nice job on your window,💜

SNF like your rain gauge😀

Glad Mollie is doing better, no fun. GKids are cuties!

Thoughts are with IC today, she had to let Charlie go yesterday, always so tough.

Twirls, your cruise trip sounds like fun, -hey you planning MX this winter too?

We are in heaven with the blueberries and corn around here, freezing lots. Make it a good day everyone, will try and get back on schedule here.

until move time
Save
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9836
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 09:20:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We're FINALLY getting some rain. Dogs came in from their first morning outing soaking wet. I didn't care, couldn't be happier. All the rain seemed to go around us. Just got back from clinic for a blood draw, annual checkup is next week. Continued to rain there and back. No gully washer, just a nice steady soaker. No dragging a hose around today! Yippee! Now just need it to rain in California and other areas where firefighters are hard at work.
Only downside is I need to vacuum today. Always harder when there is so much moisture in the air.

I need to do some research on microwave ovens today. Ours has developed a problem. Timer goes off, open and reach in for whatever is in there, and it starts spinning and humming again. No Bueno. I really don't think it is a good idea to stick my hands in there while it is running. Have to unplug it for it to stop again. Seems like not worth trying to get it fixed, it wasn't very expensive to begin with, so I'll look and see who has the best price and the right size. Unless any of you know a trick to fix it. I have been calling it "the possessed".
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 13:10:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Afternoon all
I slept almost 12 hours.

Last night was an amazing thing for me.  It's a long story but I finally got to hear a singer again after 18 years of NOT.  She and a band played in my restaurant in 2001.  They were on the patio and it started pouring rain about 1/2 way through the first set.  That was the last time I heard her unmistakably beautiful voice.  She was very young and just starting out.  I tried to find her but couldn't get any information.  Last night I was invited by friends to hear a jazz singer they know personally.  The first song, I knew that voice but I didn't know the singer's name.  A video screen flashed the band's name and hers on the screen.  IT WAS HER!!!!  I knew I had heard her before but didn't dawn on me until I saw her name.  For years I had her last name wrong.  I WAS THRILLED BEYOND THRILLED!  She had moved to Chicago way back when.  Now she's back!  I couldn't wait to tell her and she remembered that night in 2001.  She sings mostly blues, jazz and old classics.  A voice cross between Amy Winehouse (others opinions) and ETTA JAMES.  She is fabulous and I can't imagine why she hasn't made it big but she's still young.  I'm just very thankful to be able to enjoy her music again.  I didn't want to go to my grave without ever hearing her again.  She plays every Thursday night so I know where I'll be on Thursdays!  She also does other weekend gigs.  We made friends.  She couldn't believe that I remembered her and the first time I heard her!  I am so thankful for all my new friends bringing me new life blood.  Particularly the couple who invited me.  I met them at my favorite restaurant because we were sitting next to each other at the bar and started talking.  She also has RA and we have much in common.

If you are on FB, I posted a short video, that's not great) of a bit of her music.

Cindy, great pics!  Deb was asking on FB about the flower name.  The ones with berries.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 13:35:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I have to laugh! I  agreed to help my brother finish shoveling all the sand in his driveway. He could do some as well. I knew his guy has a 6 yard truck, so how much could be left? I get there, and there is quite a pile. Turns out his regular is literally on his last legs with cancer, so he hired a different guy and as always, if you are hiring the truck, fill it up! It was a 20 yard load!!!! I got good and sweaty. We took turns pushing the wheel barrow, so we each got to rest ever 5-6 minutes. Kept us fresh and we just worked away at it and got 'er done!

Looking at what I am doing with my retirement.... Have you ever said if you had the time, you might want to do something... I do and I am. 
Perhaps, most important to me is trail work. All the times I hiked and someone has built and maintained these trails, and I'm benefiting. Now I work (sporadically) with 2 different land trusts, clearing trails and building bridges. This was the first thing I took up in retirement. A day's labor here and there. 

Second thing, is I wanted my finger on the pulse of what was happening in town, so I started to attend selectman meetings. Interesting, I'm able to help out and have been appointed to some half dozen ad-hoc committees when they need a resident at large (Often, I am the only resident in attendance). 

Then a member of the planning board called in and said she couldn't be on the planning board anymore, she's getting a pacemaker inserted in an hour. So the town manager called me and seated me on the planning board. I'm a natural fit there as I was a builder all my life. Pretty much, our policy s that we do all we can to help people get their building permits and keep them within the code. More homes, more property tax revenue!!! But we also recognize, it's your land. You want to build your home on it. Sure, we'll even help you thru the permitting process. I think all of us had to deal with power hungry planning boards making you jump thru hoops in the past. 2 hours, twice a month.

At the same time, I signed up with the Conservation Commission in town and we deal with more trail building and conservation issues. Meetings are 1 hour once a month. Work days are probably once or twice a year. 

Now, I have been appointed to the school board, filling out a term for a resigning member. 2 hours, once a month, plus subcommittees which could be 2 hours once a month again. This is the most intense work out I have had to date yet. A stack of books now measuring 7" high I have or need to read thru. 

I previously ran for selectman twice, but was defeated by a long time local resident in each case. As I am on the school board, I am prevented from running for selectman now. That's okay. When some small repair needs doing at town hall, I generally pitch in, doing my part to keep taxes lower! LOL! A day here or a day there. I can do that. I'm also a member of the historical society, which gives great opportunity to learn of the local history, but they also specialize in bar-b-ques!!! I fit right in with that group! The ski club also specializes in Pot lucks! I fit right in there as well!

As you can see, with all I have going on, it really isn't all that much. And it does not stress me out in any manner. (The school board remains to be seen, first meeting is Monday). A one year commitment. 

And, of course, you know what is up for tonight? Another Bar-b-que with some of our ski club! 

It's this kind of living that keeps me energized!!!

Oh yeah, another trip to the Allagash next weekend!  Fish tremble at the mention of my name!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 17:17:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  82 and fair or should I say smoke filtered skies.  Under an air quality alert from 8 tonight until 12 p.m. on Sunday.  Just got back from neighbors home to bring in the recycle/trash bins back into their garage and yard disposal bin on side of house.  They headed to Missouri yesterday and will be back on Tuesday.  Also water her outdoor flowers daily. Went to Wells Fargo today and purchased additional pesos for October trip and waiting on UPS to deliver another online order.  Other than that a stress free relaxing day.

Bob, kudos on you for your civic involvement.  I think it is great that you contribute your skill set in your community.  Rewarding for sure and keeps your mind and body active.  Watch out fishies...he's a coming for ya.

Twirls, that's a great story about the aspiring young singer and so cool that you were reunited while out for dinner with friends.  How fun.

Cindy, that's great that Mollie is feeling so much better.  So glad you changed out her food and brought her into the vet's office.  She thanks you. 

Badger, you most likely have the smokey skies as well.  Does make for some beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Enjoy boat drinx after your grinding work week. Find some relax time this weekend.

Bernie, here's hoping the weather cooperates and you can enjoy the ICW tomorrow.  

Jamie, hoping you feel better today.  

Crunchie, you haven't lost your sense of humor chica.  Enjoy your weekend and pool time.  Keep your eye on the prize, another trip to QR.

SoSo, been a little busy?  Yikes.  We need some pics when you get a chance.  How's the ankle doing?  Good to hear from you.  Please check in more often.

SNF, another trip to Portugal sounds wonderful.  Look forward to more pics after your trip.  

My best to Kat and BeachBilly.  In my thoughts and prayers; stay strong.

Hi to everyone else I've missed. Have a beautiful evening and enjoyable weekend.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/17 22:25:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

The singer, Kristi, let me know that she is performing tomorrow at a place in north Springfield where I've never been.  A cave...music is not in the cave but near the entrance.  It's at 3 and supposed to be a beautiful day with a high in the 80's.  I'm going.  Then Tuesday night at a place a few miles south that I've never been...a wedding garden venue.  But it's a DATE NIGHT EVENT.   It includes dinner catered by a fabulous restaurant (I hear), which I've never been to because it's downtown and open bar.    (I didn't go downtown much but learning to because of the new friends.)  
AND I HAVE A DATE!  LOL NOW because my lesbian friend is going with!!!   It happens that it's an early event, 5-8 pm and she has that day off.  We need to leave by 4:30.   Everyone else I know is working.  So LOL but it will be fun.  I'm sure tongues will be wagging but I'm not sure that Kristi isn't lesbian also.  I don't care.  Good friends, good food and great music close to home.

Meanwhile, I got a few things done with help, of course.  Went to the produce stand and loaded up.  Watermelon, cantaloupe, peaches, pole green beans, and tomatoes.  I gave 1/2 or more to Jaymie, my neighbor.  She cuts up the fruit, keeps most and brings mine bagged and ready to eat.  I can't be trusted with a big knife anymore, particularly with hard rind melons.  I'm thankful for her.
She also helped me put clean sheets on my bed.  
Chris, my honey do helper, came and cleaned the pool, and the Camaro since it had water spots from rain.
I cooked a good dinner of rib steak with green beans and new potatoes.
Last night I had about 3 & 1/2 glasses of wine and only 1 & 1/2 before driving and that was with dinner.  None on Wednesday.  Only 2 tonight.  I'm really watching it.
It was a good day.  

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8115
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 06:18:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Lesbian Friends, it's Saturday.

Twirls, I am SO happy that you are making new friends and getting out more! After all that you have been thru the last couple of years, you deserve some good times. Any chance that any of your friends would like to go to Mexico with you?

I am super p!ssed off right now, something got into my garden last night and destroyed at least 2 of my melons. I've only got a couple of plants and have rarely had success growing melons up here, but this year the melons were doing great. Today I will be buying and installing an electric fence.

Boat drinx lasted for almost 3 hours last night, way too much fun.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 06:42:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yes, too much fun. I slept in almost 2 hours past when I usually wake up.

I'm happy for you, too, Holly. Have fun.

I went out late afternoon to check the rain gauge on the deck, and a wasp flew at me. Happened to glance at where he came at me from. Large paper wasp nest under the deck railing. Brown bag hornet decoy failure. Sent the big guy out this morning just as it was getting light and he doused it with the wasp spray. Will do it again at dusk tonight.  Ah, well. The bags still worked, 'cuz usually we have several nests in the deck vicinity.

Scrolled through the "news in cartoons" this morning, PJ. There were three or four in remembrance of Aretha, one with St. Peter handing her obituary to the heavenly choir director saying, "You're getting that soloist you've been asking for" Thought you'd like that.

Once again something is going wrong with my PC. Gonna try to post it...
Cindy

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/08/18 06:53:15

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 07:23:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, all I am thinking is ouch with that nest. Had an interesting conversation with my brother yesterday. The LP gas guy said there is a nest under the cover of his tank fill valve. He already sprayed it, please leave it there. They tend not to build nests where there is already a nest, even a dead nest. As you know, I pulled down the nest I killed. Maybe I shouldn't have. A real nest must make more of an impression than a fake nest?????

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 08:08:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone. Pretty sunshine this AM and we we have mostly sunny skies until
around 4 this afternoon. Then here come the t-storms. Currently 78F at 7:39 with a high of 88 degrees.

Yesterday I got my haircut and then stopped by Walmart to buy some marine fuel treatment/stabilizer.
I will take the boat to the gas station today for about 30 gallons of 91 octane unleaded gas that is ethanol free. Can't wait to see the the price on that purchase ! Also have a father/son cleaning team stopping by my house today. They are here to give a quote on the mold removal job on the outside.

Tomorrow is boat day, MB. Sunday's forecast is OK until the afternoon. Probably need to get started
by 10:30. Then sometime next week, I'll do another boat ride with Debby & Madison (Sean's daughter). Debby just got home last night after after a couple of days in Richmond to visit Mom and her son Sean.
I think Madison wanted to get away from both her dad & brother for a while. Or maybe Sean told Debby to "just take her away". Not sure. I believe Madison is 12 or 13 ? The start of all those fun times with a teenager. Hee,hee. Anyway, Madison got to drive my boat earlier this summer and she really liked that.

Bob, 20 yards of sand or dirt or rocks or whatever is a real job to move with shovels & wheelbarrow. Don't envy you on that job.

MB, glad you got your new phone all straighten out. No fun to be without communication.

Crunch, great news for Tom's cousin. Lucky guy.  Crossing fingers for Tom on his TB test. One doesn't hear much about TB these days; thought it had disappeared.

Nice, Cindy, that ya'll finally got some rain. And doggie doing better as well. Win-win.

SoSo, I thought you and Glen had moved to Thailand or someplace !  Welcome back to the BC. Please do not abandon us. We all miss you. Good to hear that your new neighborhood is all coming together.
Oh, I don't need no stinkin therapy. hee,hee.  Send me a mail or something so we can plan to see you guys in Mexico or other.  You ever get your home phone fixed ?

Holly, glad you are getting out and about. Rain spots on the Camaro ? Don't you keep it in the garage ?

Badger, are you going to have a 'game camera' on your garden ? I wanna know who is the melon thief. My guess : a raccoon. 

Cindy, I don't want to be near any kind of bee/wasp/yellow jacket...whatever that stings ! They sure do like to nest under decks.

Time to get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 08:50:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning Amigos!

Susy  I am so so sorry about the loss of your Mother.  I know this has to be very painful for you, so I have been keeping you in my prayers every night. 

Badger... do bears eat melons?  that's my guess.  We had one tomato plant and every time a tomato would get golf ball size, they would disappear.  I finally saw a squirrel eating one in a tree.  little bastard.  I exchanged the tomato plant for a yellow hibiscus.

Twirls  sounds like you are finally starting to get your groove going.  Happy to hear you are making new friends and enjoying yourself. 

SOSO  Hey girl!  glad to see you!  Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy. 

Cindy... That's a big nest.  

Mr JJ is really thinking hard about retiring. He's got 31 years in with the same company.  He has a meeting on Tuesday.  I'll have to write down our questions.  He seems stressed about making that decision. I told him to go and get the information, then think about it.  There's nothing that says he has to or not. I did tell him he I would like to see him find something to keep him busy and add a little extra spending money in his pocket.  I'd like to see him find something part time, but the problem is he has no idea what he'd like to do.  I did suggest doing inspections on the real estate side.  I think he likes that idea, but the thought of doing everything on a computer scares him a bit.  He's not a big computer guy. Anyway, I told him I'd look into certifications, etc.  and that I know a few inspectors that maybe he could work with them.  I think he'd be really good at it. 

Crunch i hope things start settling down for you .. you've got a lot on your plate. 

My niece and her Dad went on a 6 day road trip. I loved following them on FB.  They went to Memphis, New orleans, and Arkansas-- ate BBQ, listened to some blues, enjoyed bourbon street, swamp tour, camped in a yurt and kayaked.  It has always been on their bucket list to do a road trip.  Both said it was one of the best vacations they have taken. 

Bernie  enjoy your boating day!

uphill  you are doing great things for your town and still finding time to enjoy yourself. Kudos to you 

PJ  little doggy is a cutie patootie. 

Jamie and MB  Hi to you!

I heard this morning there is a class reunion gathering tonight.  40 years.  Wow, I feel old. That's almost longer than I've been alive! LOL

Have a great weekend Clubbers!
post edited by janjon - 2018/08/18 08:57:50

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 10:29:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Up early with the pets.  Lil doggie feeling spunky with her new hair cut.
We have had several rounds of tug a war with her favorite floppy eared bunny.
She hasn't wanted to play like that for some time now.  Fun!   
Cloudy with a light breeze here.  Had a bit of rain yesterday. 
Thankful for that bit....but would like some more.  Maybe later today.

Walked out on the deck last night with cat and got hit full force in the back by a very big locust. 
I thought was a bat at first.  Immediately went back inside.  Elphie chased that locust for about a half hour.
Locust kept screeching... flying into the french doors.  Cat jumping after it.  Quite the ruckus went down.
About as exciting as my Friday night got!  LOL

Cindy,  I'll have to look for the Aretha cartoon.  Just how I had it pictured in my mind. 

jj,  Glad you are doing well.   SJ and I have that retirement conversation almost nightly. 
One more year ...two more years?   It would be so much easier to decide if you knew exactly what
to expect per monthly bills....but one never does.  Healthcare being a big unknown budget buster. 

Hi SoSo!  Glad you are keeping busy and enjoying the new community. 

Bernie,  So nice of you to let your niece drive the boat some.  Has to be a big thrill.
Enjoy your time on the water tomorrow.   

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/18 10:37:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Thanks for the thoughts.

JJ, I think that would be good for Mr Mark.  He can't be old enough for SS so I assume he would get some work pension?  That and working PT might be just the ticket.

Too bad about the melons, Paul.  BTW, package received, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

SOSO, glad you checked in.  No doubt that your husband is the social management guy.  He's a sweetie.

I'm having gut problems again.  Maybe I just can't eat red meat anymore.  I'll hate that.

Hoping that I feel good enough this afternoon for my cave outing.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 05:17:08 (permalink)
a sad day for us, Mollie the Collie died yesterday evening.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8115
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 06:07:27 (permalink)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Sunday.

Chris, Cindy sent me a text message a couple of hours ago with the sad news, please extend condolences from Babs and I. I know that Mollie was her much beloved constant companion and one of the nicest doggies we have ever been around. Cindy also said that she will be taking a break from the BC.
We will also miss Mollie a lot. 
post edited by Badger - 2018/08/19 06:59:00

Wag more....bark less.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 06:23:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
C&C--So sorry to hear of the loss of Mollie.   How old was she?  It's tough, like losing a family member.  She was lucky to have the two of you
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 06:47:28 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy
a sad day for us, Mollie the Collie died yesterday evening.

Oh..... so sorry to hear this. Hugs.

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 07:01:59 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy out right now and turning to partly cloudy for most of the day. The current temp is 77F at 7:20 and boating high should be 87 degrees.

Yesterday I drove the boat to the gas station. Topped the Lillie Mae to a full tank with 25 gallons. I was afraid to look at the $$$ as they rolled round & round. Total $86.50. What we do for a gal ! hee,hee.

Should be an OK day for a ride on the ICW. I wasn't too excited to go out on a weekend but that was the only time my friend could tag along. I will take her up to Southport for lunch and then probably back to the dock, as t-storms are supposed to hit between 2-3 this afternoon.

JJ, very good that you and your husband are talking about his retirement. Planning ahead is a good thing.  So, are you going to the 40 year reunion ?  You are such a young pup there,  girl. You might be right about the melon thief. A bear does hang around Badger & Bab's place.

Too funny about that locust, PJ.  As far a SJ's retirement, my guess is that he enjoys his work and will probably do it until it until it's no longer fun.

Need to get a little breakfast and get ready for the day. Shooting to be on the water by 10:30.

Chris and Cindy, so sorry to hear about your best friend. I feel like I knew Mollie with all of your pictures over the years. She was a good girl and is now romping around across the rainbow bridge.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13678
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 07:30:17 (permalink)
Chris and Cindy, so sorry that Mollie is gone. She sounded like a wonderful companion.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 07:35:43 (permalink)
Chris and Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your Mollie. You gave her a long, wonderful life and I know you will miss her terribly. She is now young and healthy again, making new friends over the Rainbow Bridge.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 08:28:14 (permalink)
Chris and Cindy,  So very sorry about Mollie passing away.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/19 09:00:23 (permalink)
Omg.  So terribly sad.  I'm so sorry, Cindy and Chris.  My deepest sympathies.  I know that wasn't expected.

I have some sort of nasty skin affliction that I think could be mites or SHINGLES.  it started after going to the produce stand on Friday.  I kept feeling like I had something tiny both me that was trapped under my shirt.  It's turned into an itchy burning series rashes around my waist and back, all on my right side.  It could be some sort of psoriasis, although I've never had that but with my gut problems, which is in the same area as my liver...I dunno.  Except between these things and my scrapes and boo boo 's that don't heal and hurt bad, I'm feeling extremely miserable.  Urgent care isn't open.

I know I've been sounding very upbeat lately and I'm trying to be but I get the stinking feeling like I ain't got very long, so I'm trying to make the most out of life now.

Page: << < ..806807808809810.. > >> Showing page 807 of 824
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5