Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..801802803804805.. > >> Showing page 803 of 808
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 05:51:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Badger - oddly enough Tomas wears that same outfit when he heads out with the can of wasp spray.

Tomas....my brother-from-another-mother.

Good Morning Clubbers, it's Friday.

Major power outage here yesterday morning spread over 2 counties, so I was unable to post. Power back on by 8 am.

BBilly, will be thinking of you tomorrow, hugs.

MB, have a great time!

Frank, any recent pix of Scarlet?

I've seen photos of Twirls landscape projects, awesome!

Bosco, you crack me up.

Cindy, I really like cucumbers, but in a drink?

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29001
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 06:56:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
B
eautiful yard Bob.  Cute little mutt too.

BB - I think just get through it and if you lose it that is just fine.  Heck, we both don't like public displays, but if there was ever a time....... and yes, you do need a beach.  I think it would help your heart.  Make that a priority.

Jamie - I think he should get life or death.  Considering what he has done.  What a horrible excuse for a human.

MB - sounds like a fun weekend and major score on the delivery.

C&C - that sounds very refreshing.  Good for your mom that she is able to do a trip like that.  Good on downsizing too.

Good planning Twirley. Sounds wonderful.

Bosco - I have real mixed feelings about that too.

Frank - I spent a lot of time in the yard with the dogs saying "go pee" over and over and over. Now when I do that they hop right to it.  I am sure the neighbors think I am nuts ha ha.

Going to try another chiro next week on my own dime next week since it seems like it is getting worse. Recommended by the lady who does referrals at my PCP office. TENS unit delivers tomorrow.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2377
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 07:44:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Bright sunny skies this AM. Current temp 75F at 7:35 with a beach high of 88 degrees.

Yesterday I never heard from my neighbor Don so we didn't do breakfast together. I got ready for the day and headed out to Walgreen's to pick up a 'script and then to Nell's for breakfast. Had an egg and cheese sandwich; been a while since I ate one of those. When I got home it was too darn hot outside to mess with any outdoor projects so I stayed inside to pay bills. The temperature was 92 degrees.

Bosco, I have have never contributed to any of those "Fund Me" things. It's best to not give money to strangers nor loan money to your relatives. Obviously, sometimes there are exceptions. Besides, it's your money, right ?

BeachBilly, you are most welcome. I was hoping I could bring a little smile to your face with that picture. There are so many newer Crape Myrtle hybrids available; one of the owners of a local nursery told me he only buys myrtles with Indian names. Seriously. I followed his advise and am happy with my choice. I believe my little one is a 'Tonto'.   Prayers for your strength on Saturday.

Thank you for all of your pictures, Bob. Pretty garden and flowers. Man, that's a lot of onions & garlic !
You planning to ward off vampires and friends ? hee,hee.

Jamie, I hope all of those fires out there will be controlled very soon. The fire fighters need help with some rain from Mother Nature.

Holly, you always wanted to go to the Kentucky Derby. Go for it !

I got get going. Need to get over to the boat storage yard before it get too hot. I need to place some ant killer stuff on those fire ant hills and also adjust the boat cover with some new bungee cords.

Hi to Cindy, MB, PJ, Badger, Crunch and anyone else I missed.

Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8271
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 07:46:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers! 
Finally got some rain.  Soggy quiet morning here.
My nada mood is over.  Stripped down the bedroom yesterday.
Washed all the bedding.  Dust busted all the furniture and vacuumed.
Will wash the drapes, clean the windows and shampoo carpet today.  

BeachBilly,  Thinking of you.  Hugs

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/08/10 07:59:38

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 09:43:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

The vintage and classic cars are rolling all over town this morning.  Route 66 festival starts today.  I'm trying get to feeling good enough to get out soon.  My tummy is yucky.  I didn't eat a good dinner but I smacked on a bunch of stuff.  It's probably all the buttery popcorn I ate.  Hot coffee isn't sitting well.

My best to you, BB.   I'll be thinking of you.

I forgot to shot myself with the Humira yesterday...
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6651
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 10:00:23 (permalink)
Well, after some gardening, I decided to remove the yellow jacket nest I sprayed the other day. I was looking at it, no action, and I noticed, it's in the center of the bay, not the edge where I was aiming the other night. I figure, oh well, close enough. So I took my long handled winter car scraper to remove it, and some of them fall out. I'm thinking this is not good, so I noped right out of there, not staying around long enough to determine if they were dead bodies or live ones I have now ticked off. Sure enough, I come back later to check, and they are swarming. I gotta improve my aim later tonight. I can access them from out side now that I have a better idea where they are, but I'll still dress up a bit. No pictures!!!!

You know, I do my best to live in harmony with nature. I love having a visiting bear, even with all the adrenaline causing antics, or a porcupine or skunk, or whatever. But yellow jackets? Nope, not happening. I had a nest of them near the house once. I knew they were there. I figured if I just went about my business, all would be fine. So I am walking down the pathway, 4-5 feet away, and one comes over and stings me on the back of my calf. I swatted him away and at that very moment, I was thinking "Why??? I have done nothing to you!" That night I emptied two cans of spray on them. And I have ever since then as soon as I see them.

post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/08/10 10:53:07

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 10:57:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning all.  Another 90 degree day on the way.  Just dropped Maya off at kitty condo and Phil just left his place to pick me up.  Will wait on packing up the food and beverages until he arrives.  Looking forward to a lot of "B's" i.e., beer, beach, boating, BBQs and bonfires.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  I'll be checking back in on Sunday.  MB  

BeachBilly, will be thinking of you tomorrow.  Sending a big hug from MN.  
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/08/10 11:01:16

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 12:35:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
UpHill.  try the lunch bag stuffed with plastic bags.  It does work.
Hung them up under deck and up above under eves of the house.
No more mud wasp, paper wasp, red wasp, wood borers or hornets.
Well, that stinking ninja Texas hornet still comes around.  Plus some type of black wasp.
But I got a can of wasp and hornet spray for those loners.  At least they don't try to nest or eat my deck. 

MB,  Have great time with your family.  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 15:26:53 (permalink)
I nuked the nest again, and had pieces of it blowing off, so I think I'm good. Maybe I just freaked? Maybe those yellow jackets have some foot soldiers assigned to see who comes back and finishes the job and they have orders to attack!!!! I'll try to remain calm tomorrow when I got back there again. I'll need to do something to keep them from returning, not sure what that will be. At first I liked the idea that maybe a bird will place it's nest there or something. Nope, yellow jackets....

Then we left and went looking for new kayaking places. It's too windy for it to be enjoyable today, we'd end up in a cove down wind. Found nothing but did learn a thing or two about some of these back roads/jeep trails! LOL!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/10 16:36:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
No Emma. Mom had a minor disaster at home that needed immediate attention. Something was leaking in her basement utility room and water was spreading. Of course the plumber guy didn't get there until 12:30 ("I'll be there right away this morning!") and by the time he left it was well into the afternoon, plus there was a big mess of debris that Mom was not gonna leave alone (the OCD force is strong in that one)...so I'll be hitting the road around 7am tomorrow morning. Her flight isn't until Sunday afternoon, so she'll be fine; just has to miss a funeral of a member of her church. Oh, and the leak was something clogging the AC.

So I changed out of the respectable clothes I had on and got into some grubbies and went out and watered. Yesterday was black clouds all around, thunder and lightning, but not a drop of rain fell here. Downpours to the north, west, and south.
Paul, cucumber drink not my idea. That's all on the big guy.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 05:27:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Thinking of you, BeachBilly.
Fun Boat drinx last night, a night of one-liners and laughs.
Not much time this morning, gotta get ready to go collect Emma, barring any new disasters.
Have a beautiful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 06:29:26 (permalink)
Good Morning Disasters, it's Saturday.

Yes, Boat Drinx is so much fun that the time just flies by, and suddenly we realize that we've been at it for 2 hours.

We're in another stretch of beautiful weather up here, sunny, highs in the 80s. Garden is loving it.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 06:50:09 (permalink)
Success!!!! The nest is down!

And here is where it came from

And here is the ground below the nest

No one got stung. I'll need to keep a better look out for these buggers. Normally, they like the eves of my house, white vinyl soffit. I do keep a pretty good eye on those areas, seems like I have another area of concern. At least termites are not an issue in these parts.

I see Kat is posting on FB that her appetite is coming back ever so slowly. Hugs to her. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 07:36:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning y'all....and all.

A beautiful sunny day on the coast today until t-storms hit around 7PM.

Current outside temp 77F at 7:49...current inside temp 81...no A/C since 5PM yesterday. I opened the windows at sunset and turned on the ceiling fans. Didn't sleep too well. A/C repair guy out at 10AM. The high today 88 degrees. Come on A/C guy !!

Crunch, a video of you telling the dog to "go pee" would be quite funny. hee,hee.

Bob, looks like you won this round of 'man against the yellow jackets'. Ha !

PJ, speaking of that matter, why does the "hanging paper bag" trick work so well ? I suppose the hornets etc. get scared ??

Cindy, does Chris actually drink that cucumber concoction ?  Doesn't sound very yummy to me. Sorry about that Chris. To each his own.

MB, hope you are having a blast. You needed a break. Enjoy.

Badger, I always like it when you mention the day of the week. That makes me aware when Thursday rolls around. Hee,hee.

BeachBilly, we are all with you today. Peace and love from the LG nation.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 09:34:25 (permalink)
I forgot to remind the BCers that National Geographic Channel is showing "The Lost Treasure of the Maya Snake Kings" this afternoon. We have seen it before, but will be watching again, very interesting program. Our TV listing shows it at 5 Central time on NatGeo, please check your local listings!

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 09:36:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Surrounded by fog here.  Temps have lowered.  
Woke up to the cat yowling and having a fit outside the bedroom window. 
Lil doggie was jumping up down on the bed barking.  Dragged myself outta bed.  Took the dog with so SJ could sleep.
Went down the stairs and outside to see what Elphie was fighting with.  It was another cat.  One I have not seen before.
Think someone dumped a young cat (6 months?) during the night.  Friendly little girl.  Mostly black with white socks.
Very talkative.  Gave her some of Elphie's food.  She gobbled it right up.  Then made herself at home in the potting bench.  
Elphie is all kinds of p.o'd.  Lil doggie isn't in favor either.   They had a discussion in the middle of the yard.
Elphie was meowing a protest of this interloper.  Lil doggie was snizzing in agreement.
Picked up Elphie and lil doggie and put them in the house before they could carry out any evil plans. 

Bernie,  Have no idea why the stuffed paper bag works.  Must look like an enemies nest.
Could hardly stand on the porch or upper deck with so many red wasp and wood borers flying around. 
After putting up the sacks ...within a day or two.  All gone.

BeachBilly,  Keeping you close to my heart in my thought and prayers today.  Hugs    

Keep losing my internet connection... better submit this post while it is up again.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 11:01:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bob, glad you got rid of your bees.

MB, hope you enjoy your B 's!

I have no bees in my bonnet this morning.  Just H's...HOT AND HUMID.   We are getting pop up storms every afternoon.  Yesterday afternoon I left the festival just in time to get my car in the garage before it hit.  I didn't want to get it dirty or rain spotted.  It's beautifully detailed right now.   I didn't know that some newer cars were entered in the show or I would have entered mine.  There were some FABULOUS vintage and classic cars.  I may go back for a bit today.  I did meet 2 nice ladies my age and we shared a table and snacks and phone numbers.  One lives here downtown and the other is from here but currently resides in Naples FL.  She also talked of the coastal red tide mess.  We may get together for dinner tonight.  I love making new friends.  We all discussed the lack of decent men our age.  That topic seems to be a good question no matter what age a woman is.  

Interrupted by a call from Silver Seas cruises regarding a cruise starting in Tahitian islands and going through the cook islands ending in Sydney Australia.  18 days but a decent price.  All inclusive including alcohol and not cheap bar brands...
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 13:50:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!

Pouring again here!  Phone just went off with another Flash Flood warning until 4:30.  Got home from the bard just as this last shower hit.  Guess there will be no gardening done today!

Badger I need your gardening weather.  Starting to look and feel like a jungle here!

Crunch  Good luck with the new chiropractor.  Hope you can get some relief quickly. It often takes six weeks for sciatic issues to resolve just by healing.  And not irritating the nerves more.

PJ  Funny how pets just sorta 'Happen' in the country!  Every one needs two kittens!  We tried your paper bag bee repellent earlier this spring and the carpenter bees disappeared!

C&C  Glad to hear that Mollie is doing better.  Maybe a visit from Emma will perk her up some!

Enjoy your weekend at the lake MB.  Sounds like a nice break.

That cruise sounds like fun Twirls!  We have another Old Barn Ladies Riding trip planned to Portugal for this fall. You should join us! The wine there is great, the horses are well trained and the men are handsome!

You are in our thoughts today BB!   Big hugs!

Keav & Pam

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 15:45:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Neighbor's house got broken into yesterday between 9-12.  They don't know exactly what was taken but they passed up a laptop that was right on the kitchen table.  House is an open floor plan so it would have been hard to miss.  I guess the kids didn't know how to work it!   I say Kids because the crawled in thru a 16" x 20" basement window.  I've got 2 4'x3' basement windows and am thinking of butting a bar across them.   Probably should get a few cameras too.   Damn little turds.  
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29001
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 17:16:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thinking of you today Claire
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/11 19:09:59 (permalink)
Wow, what a day today, Plenty busy and not long enough. 

First, there was a soapbox derby in the next town. I've never seen one of those, so.... I head on over and find the signs that lead me right to it. They are serious about this. They have a blacktop paved, off road track that starts up a hill and comes on down. Only thing is, this is time filler for the kids and parents. There is no rush to this sort of thing, and I need to go into town and get my hair cut and buy bird seed, etc....More hornet spray as well! 

Next stop is the barber shop. I have been using this shop since my local barber died last year. All three barbers there have cut my hair for me and they all have done well. But my g/f prefers the haircut by the little punk rock girl with the pink hair. Okay.

Then I head back and watch some more of the derby. It's double elimination. 2 losses and you are out. This is near the Oxford Plains speedway, racing is in the blood of this community, and they get it going young! Seems a girl is beating all the boys and not by a little bit!

But I gotta run before too long, so I can see the finals. The Woodstock historical society museum is open today. We go and we learn some more history of the town, and are invited to the cookout tonight at 5 PM. Cook out???? Yessss!!! We'll be there!

We head back home and she has some new headlight assemblies for her car. The adjustments were stripped out by the previous owner, who put a light bulb in upside down. Also the lenses were yellowed, so these look real good. After a quick youtube lesson, I changed them out, just in time for the cookout. 

Cookout was good. We brought some of our garden booty with us and spread it as far as we could. We had burgers and dogs and salads and cookies, etc.... Then they had a board meeting, and we are suddenly lifetime members! But, I am  not paying my dues to become official until after the annual voting for board members takes place next month!!! I've been shanghaied before!

We are hoping for the clouds to clear, tonight and tomorrow night is the Perseid meteor showers. I throw a mattress on the walkway and bring some pillows out and we lay flat on our backs looking up for shooting star. Not looking good tonight. Phooey. 

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/12 01:00:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening or goodnight all, whichever is appropriate.

I had a great day!   Started a bit late but I didn't rush.  I joined my 2 New lady friends back at the festival.  I got there a bit after 2 pm and strolled around looking at the fabulous cars and chatting a bit with a few people.  I plopped my butt in the wine bar I found yesterday for iced tea.  My friends had reserved us a table at 4 pm but I made myself comfortable and tested them so they joined shortly.  Then Ann joined us and we enjoyed appetizers, wine, cold water and finally,...FRIED CHICKEN!  This place served the same recipe for fried chicken as an old time favorite restaurant in Ozark Mo, The Riverside Inn.  The Riverside was RIVER SIDE and flooded so many times over 30 years that it was closed.  The owner of the wine bar used to work there so he got permission to use their recipe.  In its day, it was THE ONLY PLACE FOR FRIED CHICKEN!  I have to say it may have been the crunchiest best flavored piece of chicken I ever tasted!  Absolutely mouth watering!  The only issue to me was good mashed potatoes but NO GRAVY!  And they were so understaffed it wasn't a good thing.  More bad than good.  The poor young owner was alone in the bar because the the regular bartender had gotten drunk and was asleep.  I helped out a bit and everything ended up great so all good.  I left my number with the owner, whom I met yesterday, and volunteered to come and assist when he needs organization and help.  
We parted company but will keep in contact with the new friends.  Ann had a pre arranged deal and I called friends who live close by and ended up at their house until after 10.  And although I'd been eating all afternoon, I'd had 4 glasses of wine between 4 and 10 pm so I called it quits to drive.  I knew police presence would be big because of the festival.  However I was very sober and enjoyed being topless with my oldies music blasting.  
My helper, house sitter, etc was here until just before I got home so the animals were well worn out and happy.  Pearl is everyone's dog but knows I'm her momma.  She will make a great travel dog for me, I'm sure.  She now goes to her kennel when she's ready for bed, all on her own.  Otherwise she guards the patio door where I sit.  

Oops, I started this about 2 hours ago but got engrossed in a movie.

Goodnight
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/12 06:36:34 (permalink)
Good Morning Yowling Cats, it's Sunday.

Bernie, I post the day of the week in order to remind ME what day it is.
And the paper bag is supposed to resemble another wasp nest, which will make the other wasps stay away.

PJ, I think you just adopted a kitty.

Frank, that really sux!

Twirls, I want some of that chicken.
Tahiti trip sounds great, but did you see Snorky's invite to Portugal?

JJ, no checking in this weekend? 

Warm and a bit humid yesterday, lots of haze in the sky, weather guessers are saying it is smoke from the western forest fires. I heard that there are 14,000 men and women fighting the fires just in California.

Couple of small jobs to do this morning and then?
post edited by Badger - 2018/08/12 06:49:06

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/12 08:02:37 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Partly cloudy today with t-storms here & there. The current temp is 77F at 7:47 with a high of 87.
Might be a good outside work day.

The a/c guy got here yesterday on time at 10 o'clock. He repaired the leak by brazing the copper pipe and tested to make sure it was good. Added the freon and ran the a/c while monitoring the pressure.
Very thorough and knowledgeable. Total cost $480.  Whew. 

Once my a/c was working again I headed out to Nell's to get some lunch. The busboy was greeting people at the entrance to say the restaurant was closed : septic was backed up.  That's not good. Headed over to Fibber McGee's for their yummy chicken fingers. The place was pretty crowded but I found a seat at the bar; had a nice cool GT after eating and was in no hurry to get home. When the sun's arc got behind the wooded area I decided to cut out some of the dead rose bushes on the side of my house. Something is wrong with all of them. Perhaps they didn't like all that rain ?  I couldn't spot any insect damage on the leaves; flowers have all dropped off.  I might have to find something else to cover the propane tank.

PJ, you gonna kept Miss Kitty ? Would love to see a picture.

SNF, enough rain up there ! What was the total inches of rain for May through July ? Wilmington NC had over 68" of rain for that time period.

Bob, that was a busy day for you and g/f !  Soapbox derby sounded neat and cookout fun.

Holly, happy to hear you are getting out and about and discovering new friends. I would suggest you book that 18 day cruise out of Tahiti. Sounds fantastic and can't remember but I believe the Silver Sea line is a pretty 'high-end' one. You might not have another chance to make a trip like that. Go for it !

You be funny, Badger. You probably use a calendar, si ? hee,hee.

Time to get a moving.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/12 08:57:58 (permalink)
I'm a gonna try the paper bag thing. Prevention beats cure, every day of the week! Now that I am no longer concerned with cure!

We were going kayaking, looking for seals tomorrow, starting tonight heading down to Cape Porpoise. But with thunderstorms scheduled all day tomorrow.... We have rescheduled to a couple weeks from now. 

Believe it or not, I have a couple projects to do do today, even after yesterday. so....

Have a great day all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..801802803804805.. > >> Showing page 803 of 808
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5