Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..801802803804805.. > >> Showing page 801 of 838
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 07:04:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh Frank I really feel for you.  If this was 24/7 I would not be able to stand it.  You have to keep trying everything.

Bosco - the thing is once I am at work for a while the pain totally goes away.  Mornings are brutal and then I feel almost completely normal.  I think I will try the TENS.  I also have the number for a chiro the referral person at my PCP uses.  He cured her in 2 appts. Doesn't take insurance, but may be worth a try next.

That red tide stuff in your area is just heartbreaking Bosco.  Why are they not being more aggressive about finding solutions? Political I suppose?

Cindy - so hope that helps Mollie.  Kind of ironic that we spend all this money trying to buy them the healthiest possible food.....

MB - have you booked a trip south yet?

Hola to Jamie, Kat, BB, and everybody else that is still snoozing or already off on their daily adventures.

We have a cold front coming in and temps will be low 90's which is awesome for August.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 07:56:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, Bosco recommends the Tens unit, Laurie has one and it provides her some relief. Maybe a multi pronged treatment method. There seems to be no single action that WILL fix this issue, as so many people have it. 

May I recommend sending Thomas to Masseuse school?

Yesterday, I investigated the report of bees under my screen room. So I looked under from the other end, hoping I'd be able to see something. Yup, I did! The yellow jacket nest is big as a cantelope and I'll be going out tonight, dressed up in my 3 mill dive suit and more clothes over it all taped up. I have head to toe coverage for cold water swimming, and I'll be wearing a head mask as well. I'll have 2 cans of spray of spray and a red light. I'll douse them as much as I dare, then run around the house into the garage where I'll be inspected for any yellow jackets and strip down good. No, I'm not looking forward to this. But I've done it before. Something you just gotta do. 

I was looking for blueberries for my cereal yesterday and the new growth trees were practically drowning out the blueberries. So I got out the loppers and removed the offending trees. Surprisingly, it took about an hour to do that. 

From there, we went to the University of Maine in Farmington at a community garden for some lessons on garlic harvesting, planting and storage. I learned a great many things. Normally, I put something in the ground and it grows, then I harvest it and try to store it. Plant in October so it doesn't grow out of the ground before snow. When they grow in the spring, cut the tops off where they bud out, to make the bulbs grow bigger. When the bottom four leaves or branches brown or dry out, it's time to harvest. Loosen the soil with a shovel or fork so they pull out of the ground easily and not bruise. Don't bash them on the ground to get rid of dirt, it bruises them, don't wash them either, that water causes some rotting. Set them in a dry place, garage, shed on a fence or grate to dry out, spread out for good air circulation. After some 3 weeks, they should be dry and then you brush off the dirt and braid and hang them or place in a bowl at room temperature. (35 degrees is optimum and really only used by sellers looking to sell huge stores of garlic) Room temp is okay and they'll last until about April. About then, you'll be cutting the fronds off and they can be chopped up and used.  Year round garlic!!! Oh yes, use the biggest garlic cloves for next years plants, and bury them deep enough that they have 3 inches of soil over top of them, mulch with straw, as opposed to hay, as hay has seeds in it for weeds. Yup, I'm adjusting my methods! I got it about 30% right. and I have all the garlic I want!

What I found interesting is that since this a University program, they actually did a bunch of comparative planting and studied it. They grew the plants at different levels, with different mulch, cut the fronds off on some, etc.... And they had some of it there that they could demonstrate. I was astounded at the 3" bulbs they were pulling out, and they left some fronds on and the bulbs were not as big as golf balls. Very enlightening.

Since we were passing by a friends house, I dropped off some cukes, garlic, onions, zucchini and peppers for he and his mother. Then we, on a whim, watched the Latest Mission Impossible movie. I like MI, but it's always down to the last, the very last, the tiniest of moments, very last second to overcome with great bodily injury and save the world!

I think I'll work on some more onions today, got more to harvest and replant. 

A friend wants to go kayaking on the in town pond sometime soon, probably not today, but he'll let me know and we'll go fishing!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 08:38:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Slept in just a wee bit until the cat protested too much. It's a beautiful sunny morning and will stay that way as we expect a high near 90 degrees. Forecast highs near 90 all this week. The tourist are happy. Current temp is 78F at 8:08.

Yesterday I got outside early to finish that grass cutting. Next job will be trimming the bushes on the side of my house. I'm guessing they have grown to seven feet !  Ugh. My neighbor Blaine cut his down last year "to the nubs". I laughed to myself when I saw what he had done. I'm not laughing now.

About 6 last night I realized I needed to eat dinner and I didn't want to cook anything. I decided to go to Roberto's, sit at the bar and have a couple of GT's and order wings. Andrea was bar tending and we chatted some between her helping customers at the bar and filling drink orders for the wait staff.  She works harder at this job and has to stay later each night to clean the bar area. Anyway, good to chit chat with her again.

Today I may start on trimming those nasty bushes. Excuse me for a minute and I'll go take a picture of them. Be right back. OMG. Those things are taller than I thought. Four of them are probably 10-12 feet
and one is around 7 feet.  This is going to be a bigger job than I thought !

You guys have been chatting away !   PJ and Jamie, I truly wish I had control of all that rain we received on the coast.  Those fires out West are very sad to see on the news.

Nice pool party there, Holly. Did you take any pictures ?

Bob, your lobster bake at Peaks Island sound like a lot of fun. Wish you had your camera. That's so NOT like you. Ha !

Crunch, thanks for thinking about me. I knew better than to push myself that hard in the heat and kept saying "I've got to get this grass cut". In reality, there was no need to do so. The grass waited nicely for me. hee,hee. Bummer that you didn't get better results from those treatments.

Cindy, I'm crossing my fingers for your Mollie girl. Have you chatted with your vet about her diet ?

Good to see you back here, Bosco. We all missed you. No, our tourist season is not over yet. There should be less folks when all the kids are back in school. Yes, that's a long drive. I suppose you could break it up; maybe to Savanna on the 1st day ? Have you looked for a 'cheap' flight into Myrtle Beach or Wilmington ? Perhaps the price will drop for September.  I'll come get ya and be your chauffeur. 

MB, now you tell me I needed a chair; too late. Har !

I probably missed someone. "Hi" to whomever I missed.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 08:45:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Gonna need to use a ladder on these puppies

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 08:46:49 (permalink)
Ugh !!

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 11:07:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful blue sky and a nice breeze is blowing.
Temps in the 90s.  
Have the morning chores and yard patrol done.  
Looking to see what kind of trouble I and can get into next.

Bernie,  Those bushes have really thrived in the short time you have lived
in your house.  They are beautiful!    

Uphill,  Thanks for the info on growing garlic.  Planted 4 from fresh garlic that had sprouted.   
With no idea what would happen.  They grew tops.  

MB,  Nice chatting with you last night.  Needed the laughter.  Everyone but you that I spoke with yesterday
was ranting.  Kat was upset, SJ came home ranting, then SC called me ranting.  You were a breath of fresh air.
Your Spanish is awesome!  Hugs

Twirls,  Hope you have recovered from pool party.  Sounded like a good time.  

Cindy,  sure hope Mollie does better on different food.  Such a beautiful girl.  

Wishing everyone a great day!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 11:34:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Late morning to all

I'm ok.  I didn't over party but it takes a lot out of me to entertain a crowd.  Plus Monday is chemo meds day.  Always makes me feel bad.  I also had a constant runny nose and sneezing all day.  Not sure if it's a cold or allergies.  Kinda better today.

Thankfully we are getting some spotty rain.  Not steady but a few showers.  I didn't do much yesterday and nothing planned today except a massage at 2.  I'm looking forward to that.

Still pondering fall trips...

My buddy doesn't know if his house is still there but thinks it is.  

I saw the picture of Maple, but I couldn't figure out exactly what was going on!  Can anyone explain?
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 12:08:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, when the garlic grows this fronds on top, I cut them off, at the advice of my brother, who told me they grow larger if you remove them. I have found that to be true, I never get all the tops, because they all don't appear the same day. Anyways, if you chop them up and put them in a jar in the fridge, they are great seasoning on food. I'm thinking next year, I may try to dry them before I chop them. In any case, I try to use them fast enough that I don't loose any of it anyways, I love garlic!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 12:31:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob - I want a picture of you in that beekeepers outfit

Bernie- that will be a whole lot of clean up after you do the trimming.  Pace yourself.

Well...........no treatment today.  My guy says it looks more like the bulging disc instead of the Pfirmis whatever since what he has done hasn't worked.  He wants me to continue the rehab exercises for the next 2 weeks because it takes a long time with a disc.  If tit doesn't improve then he will order an MRI and send me to ortho for possible injection etc.  I am so impressed.  He didn't charge me even though I had a 30 minute appt. with him and he won't when I go back either, but still wants me to come in.  He only charges if he does an actual treatment.  I am shocked he didn't just send me away since he isn't making any money off me now.  Just wow!  Since this will take a while I am going to also try Tuneric which many sites says helps with the inflammation and I will try not to mention it any more because in the grand scheme I have nothing to whine about!  I will check into the TENS though.

Twirley - glad the party was fun and wish those meds didn't cause such bad symptoms.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 12:35:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, no pictures in the sausage suit, I'm not young buff and 22 anymore!

Lovin life,
Bob

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 12:46:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bosco

Which reminds me. Frank, I am all the way down the end of south Florida on the gulf side.

Bosco--Lucky You.  I'm sure you are enjoying it!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 12:49:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Crunch.  Don't know what else to do.  Main neurologist has thrown up his hands.  Went looking for a new one and they all recommended the guy I see now.  Been seeing a gal who is a physical therapist and she's not helping either.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 20:37:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  78 and partly cloudy.  Made another trip to grocery store for a few more items for lake trip.  It spritzed a bit and then about 11 I fired up the mowers.  Done by 2 and then it spritzed again.  Running irrigation system as we move into 90's and high 80's for several days and little chance of rain.  Don't like this odd/even watering ordinance in city but I will remain compliant.  Mary Jo will water the flowers and bring in the trash/recycle containers for me Friday.

Frank, I so wish there was a solution for your chronic pain.  Dang.....what's one have to do to be pain free in this day and age.  Can't wrap my arms around it.   So sorry.

Speaking of pain Crunchie, I would investigate the chiro option suggested.  I will be down south early to mid October.  Dang that I will miss you and Tomas again probably.

Twirls, hope you are feeling better for the Monday dosage.  On the news it says folks on Clearlake by Mendocino have been hit hard.  Prayers for your friend that his home is not lost.  

PJ, you crack me up.  I learned all my naughty Espanol language from Badger.....courtesy of Cueva.  What can I say?  So nice to chat with you as well.  So enjoyable and enlightening.

Bernie, those shrubs are thriving with all that rain, sun and humidity,  Hope you got the job done safely on a ladder.

Cindy, hope Mollie is doing better and the new food works out.  Crazy how all of those grains and other additives affect our fur friends as we try our hardest to do the best for them.

BeachBilly and Kat still sending prayers as well for GMAdeb and the gal in New York, Ulle.  Hope you are both well.

Be well my friends and hugs to all, MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 05:06:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Had some light sprinkles in the afternoon yesterday, but after the morning fog clears off it is supposed to be sunny and 80 today. Hoping the humidity drops, yesterday only got to 75, but was so humid I still got drenched with sweat. Have a morning session with the physical therapist, then home to attack more weeds.

Crunch, I do hope you can eventually get some relief. But how refreshing that you didn't get charged for the appointment!  

MB, if I forget later, have a fun and RELAXING time at the lake!

I thought Badger said he'd have wifi.  Prolly working too hard. And/or partying too hard.

Mollie seems to be doing better. I think it is too early to tell, might just be my wishful thinking. But she did seem a bit perkier yesterday, and ate both her morning and evening meal. If after a week or 2 she doesn't seem better, I will take her to the vet. I hesitate to give her the anti inflammatory because it constipates her so much. And for a dog whose back legs aren't working very well...it's a problem. And I agree with you Crunch. Ironic indeed that the "good food" is not that good for them.

Need to get going, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 05:59:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Well, I went out and sprayed the yellow jacket nest, in full wet suit and extra clothing, in 78 degree heat, no less. Wow was that hot. I was not swarmed. When I do this, I have one spray can in each hand, and use them as a shield. I'm actually pretty good at not getting stung! In fact, I'm kinda wondering why not. I did spray the general area a few days ago. Maybe they got the message or I sprayed enough that they didn't like it there???? Today, I get to poke that nest. Yeah, I'm just looking forward to that....

Today, I'll be harvesting garlic. A high of 82 is expected, along with afternoon thunderstorms. Gotta go fishing early if I'm going.....

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 06:51:18 (permalink)
Good Morning Ranters, it's Hump Day.

Cindy, no, no partying at my friend's house, but I did manage to forget the charger for my laptop. Monday night we were looking at some of my Mexico pix when the battery died.

Crunch, I herniated a disc about 20 years ago and to this day have to be careful how I lift things so that is doesn't herniate again. Pain pills didn't really help, but weeks of physical therapy finally did. The last time it herniated I tried one of those patches that start out cool and then turns to heat and it gave me a lot of relief.

Sorry UHK, I had to laugh at the thought of you all dressed up in that suit to spray wasps. Just before we left for Mexico Babs was stung by a yellow jacket while mowing the lawn. I grabbed a can of spray, found the nest, got within a few feet and hosed it down and also any flying ones. I was wearing light shorts and a tank top.

MB, we are thinking about a trip down this fall, right now looking at late October/early November. 

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 06:53:26 (permalink)
Have a fabulous time at the lake MB!

Oh Bob, we love you know matter what, I needed that picture
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 07:30:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, I have sciatica and three bulging discs. I have one of the Aleve TENS and when I overdo and the back clinches up, I do two 30 minute sessions and it works pretty well. It has a little remote control so you can adjust the intensity.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 08:24:29 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning all.

Beautiful sunny skies this AM. Forecasters calling for hot today : 90 degrees at the beach ! Current temp is 79F at 8:00

Yesterday I decided not to tackle those gnarly bushes but rather I trimmed the lower branches on my birch tree. That job wasn't too hard and I spent most of the time under the tree in the shade. I used hand shears and no ladder was needed.  Crunch & MB, I gave the bush trimming job some thought. I think I will hire Devin to climb up on the ladder with the electric trimmer. I'll hold the ladder and stay on the ground ! I do plan to take a cut branch to a nursery to identify those bushes; I think they are Coastal Willows.

Today I plan to stay out of the sun so will do my weekly grocery shopping. Also plan to take a trip to the boat storage yard to check the cover. We had a lot of wind with those coastal thunder storms.

PJ, thanks for the complement on my willow bushes. I'll dig them up and ship some to you and a couple to MB. Hee,hee

Crunch, be careful what you wish for, as Bob might just dress back up to get a "bee killing outfit" picture. I could be scary !

Badger, you made me snicker describing your 'bee killing' outfit of shorts & tank top. Isn't that your 'standard' outfit for everything ? Ha.

Have a fun trip to the lake, MB.

Bob, keep on planting dude !

Crunch, you might remember a couple of years back when I took a dive off my bike and hurt my knee.
I purchased a Tens unit after that fall & treated my knee with ice packs followed by use of the Tens. That helped my healing a lot. I gave the Tens to Andrea when she moved out as her job was giving her a lot of back pain.

Cindy, when you and Chris leave your current house are you going to transplant some weeds to the new place ?  I can't believe you can live without your 'beloved' weeds. Hee,hee.  On a serious note, please let us know how the new food works for Mollie. I am now in the process of introducing a new dry cat food to Freddie by mixing the old & new together.  If you want a giggle, here are some of  the ingredients on Rachael Ray's dry cat food : lentils, pumpkin, dandelion greens, cranberries and blueberries.  Hmmmm

Hi Pam T.  How ya been girl ?

Moving way too slow and need to get ready for the day. I took two pictures on the small tree trim job.
Will post  "before & after" shots in a minute.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 08:25:48 (permalink)
Birch tree looking a little shabby

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 08:27:07 (permalink)
That's better.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 08:30:41 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Thunder is beginning to roll.  Hopefully rain will follow.  
I have nada and plan to keep it that way.   
Wishing everyone a wonderful day.  Hugs

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 08:30:46 (permalink)
I noticed Don's tree is looking a bit straggly. Might just give it a little trim for him when the temps cool down a bit.

Hi PJ ! nada nada nada ... ha,ha,

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/08/08 08:32:30

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 10:46:53 (permalink)
Morning all
I slept 11 hours and I woke feeling a bit more refreshed.

Frank and Crunch, I hope you both find relief.  I'm adjusting to the roller coaster of RA.  It's the no immune system and not healing from any boo boos that is more of a pain.  My thumb is just now finally closed up and I cut it July 3.  I have cuts and scrapes on every part of my body that hurt and won't heal.  It's the meds an no immune system.  Currently I have 2 injuries on the bottom of my big toe and 2 on the top of my foot so it's painful to walk or wear most shoes.  Also a big scrape on my knee that I keep banging and reopening.  My hands and arms are covered with small cuts and scrapes.  My skin is like tissue paper so everything I contact creates a boo boo.  I look like I was in a car wreck.  Almost every movement is an OWIE including when sleeping.  I know it's a small issue in comparison, but extremely irritating and painful.

Bernie, I also advise that you hire help for those bushes.  No sense in killing yourself.  And I saw a report last night regarding a problem with Rachel Ray dog food.   Dunno about cats.

Cindy, my best to Mollie girl.  I know it's hard on all of you but mostly YOU.  

I keep telling MB, THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN GRASS MOWING.  I'm not married to the yard or the house.  I guess it gives people something to do or care for.  I used to love to garden and create beautiful grounds but I've given up.  Jay was right about downsizing and moving to town for convenience and less maintenance.  I hated it at the time.

I was interrupted by 3 phone calls in a row.  Ann has been in Ireland for a couple weeks.  Cammie and Darren are having job issues...
Now I've lost whatever else I was going to comment on or about.

PJ, do you know the current situation with the cremation $$??  Please call me regarding that when you have time.

I need to get to the chiropractor and get a manicure.  I had the powder stuff for my last manicure and I love it.  Stayed perfect until it's grown out.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/08 10:49:11 (permalink)
Oh yeah, still wanting an explanation of Maple's underwear picture.  Please.

Page: << < ..801802803804805.. > >> Showing page 801 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5