Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..796797798799800.. > >> Showing page 800 of 871
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2388
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 07:40:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, jj..didn't mean to 'step' on your post. Sorry.

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9841
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 10:09:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Slept late this morning, for me anyway. Usually awake by 4, but was 5:30 this morning. All that bouncing around on the mower did me in.
Back from church, now. New young Pastor is a Daddy now, baby boy was baptized last week. In a nod to his wife's Norwegian heritage, the child's name is "Torger". I'm betting he won't run in to many other kids with that name.

Hi, BB. Still thinking of you daily.
Bosco, if you did indeed find the fountain of youth, would you please send me some of that juice? Quickly!
Bernie, I'll bet you were happy to get out for a beach walk, even if it was cut a bit short.

Mollie has been in bad shape the last couple of days, had to help her stand when it was time to go outside. She seems much perkier today, even came upstairs last night and made it back down without mishaps.
Blueberry pancakes are ready, I'm outta here.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8278
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 10:46:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Clouds and humidity have come back.  Twas H O T here yesterday. 
We didn't do much of anything.  I mostly read a book.  SJ was watching TV
and trying to figure out this new system he has installed since dropping DirectTV.
Seems to be happy with it.    
Still hoping for rain.  SNF and Bernie please send it our way. 
The poor trees leaves are beginning to turn brown and drop.
Little more ambitious this morning.  Yard patrol, dragging the watering hose and
watering can.  All plants on front deck and back deck needed good drink of water.
Back inside now.  Working on laundry.  Sipping on coffee.
No phone call from Kat last night.  Figure she was exhausted after memorial service.
Hopefully able to finally sleep. 

Badger and Babs,  Thanks for the funny Bday card.  Most of it does apply.  LOL

C&C,  the picture of Didi is precious.  Just love all the colors in it.

Twirls,  Certainly hot enough to enjoy being in the pool.  Hugs 

Bernie,  thank you for the beach pics.  Really missing having my toes in the sand.

Bosco,  nice to see your post.  Reading from my family that the South Florida beaches
are closed.  Lots of trouble with the toxic red tide.  Really sad situation.  

MB,    Have fun at the game today!  

jj,  Glad you have become more comfortable with your new job.
Sounds like you have very nice co-workers as well. 

Frank,  Happy 65th Birthday to you!   Enjoy your special day!  

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/08/05 10:48:18

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 11:41:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
PJ--Thanks for the Birthday wish.  Damn I feel old! Going to my son's for lunch and see Kayden.  Should be fun.
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/08/05 17:30:44
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13333
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 12:33:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Afternoon all

Very cute picture of Didi.

Nice that you get a break from the rain, Bernie.  Send it our way.

Haven't heard anything else from my buddy in CA.

Looks like I'm having an impromptu pool party.  I had food in the freezer from not having a party in July so I invited a few friends, who all said yes, for a change.  So baby back ribs are ready for the smoker.  Crab legs and shrimp will be boiled later.  Scalloped potatoes just need baking and salad put together.  Bread for the oven ready to go.  Brownies done and a store bought Key Lime pie.  About 15 coming so I had to keep adding to the menu.

Thinking of Kat.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3690
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 15:16:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, that is one cute picture of DiDi. She sure is growing fast.

Bosco, good to hear from you glad you are feeling chipper.

Bernie and Pam, can you also please send some rain to California as well? We really need it up in Northern California more than down here. Sure wish Susy would let us know she is OK.

Nice pictures Bob, thank you.

jj, glad you are settling in to the new job. Maybe soon you will help train the next new hire.

Happy birthday to Frank and also Iguana Mama.

Twirls, pool party sure sounds good, so does the food, especially scalloped potatoes. Let us know how your friend in CA is doing, where is his house?
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/05 22:11:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all.  Church this morning and then niece Christine and her new friend, Chad, picked me up and we headed to BullDog in lower town St. Paul.  Got there first and configured seating for 10 as the rest of tribe trickled in.  Had some beers and lunch and then walked a couple of blocks to CHS field.  What a fun time with the pig mascot dressed up in various tutus and all the crazy antics that go on during the course of the game.  Owners Bill Murray and Mike Veeck sure make it a fun day especially for families and there were a lots and lots of kids there.  We had fabulous seats and the weather held with no rain.  Saint's kicked butt with a 10 to 2 win over the Kansas City T-Bones. Couldn't have asked for a better time and got home around 9.  Brother Phil brought garden tomatoes and zucchini for me.  

JJ, failed to comment on how happy I am for your recent job change.  Glad it's all working out for you and once you get through the learning curve a piece of cake.  

Jamie, hope you get some rain soon.  

Cindy, blueberry pancakes sound so good.  Hope you had a relaxing day and good to hear Mollie has perked up.  

Bernie, nice that Dyson is working out for you.  May have to get me one.

Twirls, look forward to hearing about your pool party and that folks enjoyed, including you, and helped out.

Badger, you are a worker bee and probably still playing catch up.  Need to get back out on the water for a little fishing.

Bob, must be climbing another mountain.  Energizer bunny he is.

Hugs to your BeachBilly.  Still in my prayers.  Stay strong.

Crunchie, stay cool and hoping that the AC keeps working for ya and some rain moves in.  

PJ, you are such a sweet lady.  Feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook via a LG private message. 

Hi to all I've missed.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/08/05 22:13:28

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 00:14:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good almost Morning all

MB, sounds like a great time.

My buddy,Steve, lives in Nice CA. on the northwest shore of Clear Lake.

Pool party was a success and ended a short time ago.  I think there were about 13 total.  Food was fabulous. Crab legs INCREDIBLE!    Ribs even better.  Hot tub and pool were both well used.  My driveway looked like a very high end used car lot.  Mercedes, BMW's, Lexus, Cadillac,  Range Rover and my lowly Camaro.  I think my friends have appearance issues but we love our toys and pets.  As most do.  Pearl was pretty well behaved and well worn out as I am

Goodnight all
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 05:36:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Before I forget again, Happy Belated Birthday to Frank and IG. Sorry I kept forgetting to add that to my post.

Twirley and MB, sounds like you both had a great, fun day.

Jamie, glad the fires are not close to you. News this morning that one of the fires had jumped several creeks and a bull dozed fireline...well, just not good news. Hope Ca gets some rain SOON to help the poor firefighters in their efforts.

We did not do much at all yesterday. Temps above 90 with very sticky dewpoint/humidity. Dragged hose around to water annuals and urns. My own version of a rain dance. I was drenched in sweat by the time I finished. Rain dance worked, though. Woke up to thunder and lightning and a nice albeit too short rainfall. Still too dark to go out and check the rain gauge, but every little bit helps. Forecasters say we may get more in the next several days, I hope they're right.

I need to go wake up Mollie. She made it up the stairs again last night. Still not eating much, she has lost quite a bit of weight, and sleeps most of the day. Makes me sad to see her so listless.
Everyone have a beautiful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 05:36:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Torgers, it's Moanday.

Sounds like a great day for both MB and Twirls!

Heading to my buddie's house in Duluth for a couple of days to help him pour some concrete. I should have WIFI there.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 05:38:23 (permalink)
MB, sounds like a great time.

Jamie, Good morning!

Bernie, keep those pics coming, I look forward to them.

Twirley, hosting at party central!!!!

Yesterday was an all day affair at Peaks Island. It was a sunny Sunday and the lines at the boat meant some had to take the next boat. Our group managed to get out there early and we made our way to The Inn, yup, that's the name. This is an older group, with a bad knee and a bad hip among them, as well as several with new joints. They were content to sit and drink while I wanted to see some of this beautiful laid back island. 

One friend hands me a local map, and I see a Civil war museum on the map! It's only 6 blocks away and I'd have to walk by some shoreline. No one wanted to join me, so off I went. This was a converted beach house design, originally intended to house soldiers for some R&R. They had some confederate money, uniforms, weapons, kitchenware, etc.... as well as placards with short historical stories to share. There were also man made ponds on the island, for the purpose of making and collecting ice in winter. 

A little while late, just after noon, I head to the lobster bake, and they have not arrived yet, so I go back to the Inn and round them up, as they were just paying their bill. Bake to the Lobster bake, and they have done this up right. Lobster, clams, corn, potato, cole slaw and a bun. My lady didn't like clams, so I traded my slaw and bun for the clams. We both thought we got the better part of that deal. They also had Motor Booty Affair playing, mostly cover songs from the 70's but these guys were good. They were set up in the shade and played two 1 hour sets. Folks danced in front, mothers with their children, seemed everyone was getting in on the act. 

From there, we headed back to the mainland, and two people in our group were last to board the ship before they shut it off due to a full load. Each way of the trip, I was up top on the boat, and saw a seal each time! I do love looking around at nature!

No pics as neither of us brought a camera. I'm thinking I need to get out to the islands a little more. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29018
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 07:06:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I have a hard time being chatty in the am because  this dang sciatica is still so painful in the mornings. The rest of the day usually fine. I feel my therapy is stuck at this point. Will talk to the therapist at my appt. tomorrow. May have to try something else.

Sounds like all had a good weekend.  Hope Kat is doing as ok as possible.

Love the pictures.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 07:48:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

The sun is out in full force this AM. Radar looks clean and our beach high today 87 degrees. Currently the temperature is 76 degrees at 7:45.

Yesterday I got the front & side portion of the yard cut. I waited on purpose until about noon to start the job so the lawn would be dry. That was a mistake as the bright sun and humidity almost brought brought me to my knees !  I had water in the garage and was sipping every time I filled up a lawn bag but I don't think I was staying hydrated. Thankfully I had enough sense to quit and get inside where it was cool. Got out of my work clothes and jumped into the shower. Man, that felt good ! Afterwards, I sat down in my easy chair, turned the TV onto the golf game and promptly fell asleep. Must have been worn out. Had a late lunch around 3 o'clock & left the house about 5:30 heading to Holden Beach.

By the time I got to the island the area was packed with cars that were tying to find a parking spot close to the pavilion. I was lucky to find a spot under the causeway and the band started to play promptly at 6:30.  I only took two shots of the band but didn't think to take a picture of the crowd. Anyway, I forgot to bring a chair so I lasted about an hour of standing & listening to some great music. I was in error when I gave the instruments of the 8-piece band. The horns were trombone, trumpet and
saxophone. The lady lead singer, two guitars, keyboard and drums. Every member of the band sang; except when the horns were wailing. Good group but I was just too tired to stay. Home by 8 o'clock.

Great posts everyone. I need to finish cutting the lawn and get outside now before it gets too hot. Will try to catch y'all later today.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 07:51:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
band is named 'The Tonez'

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 07:54:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Pic is a little dark. The ICW is directly behind the pavilion.

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 10:02:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch--I hope your pain starts easing in the mornings and you don't have to try something else.  Pain really affects your attitude. 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8278
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 10:03:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky here.  We did receive some much needed rain just before sundown yesterday.
Found some energy and completed bunch of inside chores.  Too hot for anything outside.
SJ tried some weed whacking.  Gave that up rather quickly.  
Kat called me couple of times late last night.  Talked with her off and on until wee hours. 
She is really having trouble sleeping.  Keeps having panic attacks.  Totally exhausted.    
Praying she is able to get some good solid sleep soon.
Kat is very appreciative of all the love and support she has received from everyone.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 10:09:55 (permalink)
Crunch, I use a home remedy for back pain. Yeah, construction work can do that, lots of lifting. I put 2 tennis balls in a sock and tied it shut. I lay this on my bed and roll it around with whatever muscle is sore. Not so sure it will work on nerve pain, but it does wonders for muscle pain.

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 10:53:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm alive but I'll probably need 2 days to recover
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29018
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 12:30:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Poor Kat.  Lack of sleep will cause such problems with mental clarity and health.  Hope she gets some sleep soon.

That must have been a really good party Twirley!

Thank you Frank.  It is funny.  It hurts when I get up, but I can do my rehab exercises and 30 min on the eliptical just fine and then sitting is just torture driving to work as is in and out of the car and desk at work, but  then after about 1 hour nothing but a very limited dull ache the rest of the day and fine with sleep.  Walking is always fine.  I wonder if your pain is as quirky as this?

Bob - part of the rehab is a lacrosse ball used that way :)

What a neat venue for the concert Bernie.  Be careful outside in this heat!

I hate hearing that about Mollie Cindy.  I know that must be worrying you.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 16:23:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch---Nope.  Mine is pretty constant 24/7.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 16:52:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  81 and sunny and humidity has decreased significantly since yesterday.  Hit the errands around 10 and came back and had a bite to eat.  Headed up to brother's lake home this week so busy booking kitty condo and then reserved a couple of rooms for a niece's wedding out of town and another booking for Maya for November for a couple of nights.  A couple of bills paid on VISA for State Farm invoices due.  Out to deadhead flowers and water them and that leads us to this post.  The day flew by in no time at all.

Frank, I so meant to include you last eve with a happy birthday wish.  So Happy Belated Birthday to you.  Edit:  Frank, there's got to be some sort of viable pain management option out there for you.  So very sorry for the chronic pain.  Not sure how you do it.  Hugs.

Twirls, nice pool party.  Sure the guest enjoyed themselves.

Bernie, hopefully you got the rest of the lawn cut earlier today.  The music down by the ICW sounded nice.  Yes, a chair would have been the thing to do.  Next time.

Crunchie, looking forward to an update after tomorrow's appointment on the sciatica.  Ouch, can almost feel your pain.

PJ, glad Kat is reaching out to you even so the wee hours.  She's got to get some decent sleep as you and Kim pointed out.  

Kat, more prayers sent and you too Claire.  

Cindy, I'm hoping to cut lawn tomorrow before the '90s and humidity return on Wednesday.  Hang in there Mollie.  She's such a beautiful girl.  

Hola, Badger.  Headed back down anytime soon?  Probably will miss you and Babs as I have a feeling you will be down late October or early November.  

Bob, your day yesterday sounded lovely.  A little bit of everything.  Fun, fun.

Wishing all of you the best,  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/08/06 17:38:20

Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/06 19:49:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all.

Yes, I know it hasn't been several months and I'm back already.

Crunch,
I am no Dr, but having been a runner for many years, you name it, I've had it. Which is why I don't run anymore. 😀
Anyway, the Aleve brand Tens unit I bought at Walmart helped when I pinched my sciatica a couple Years ago. In fact I learned about tens from reading it here on the BC I think from Chris and Cindy.
Iknow it's awful. To heal, you HAVE to avoid what makes it hurt.
Even if that means time off from, ahem, work, Missy.
Glad your dad is finding his way.

Twirls, you sure know how to throw a party.

BeachBilly, I forgot to say, sorry about your husband.

Bernie, have most of the summer people left yet? We were actually thinking of driving to see you until Google maps said it was a ten hour drive! My arse is already flat enough as it is.

We are at the end of the Earth.

Which reminds me. Frank, I am all the way down the end of south Florida on the gulf side.

SF.. hope you dry out. Lots of extremes this summer.

As many of you know from FB, we are having an incredibly bad red algae bloom.
And we will soon be getting a massive green algae bloom when it starts raining more.
It's really bad. Dead fish everywhere on the beach.No exaggeration. Hundreds of dead sea turtles. Manatees floating dead in canals. We can't get near the beach because of the smell and the red tide makes most people sick (coughing, etc). Every time we get a bloom, it gets worse. And yet, no solution in sight.
Such a shame.

Badger, I enjoyed your trip report update!

MB.. after your escapades, I am NEVER having any work done to our condo! Unless it includes heavy drugs. 😉😀

Jamie..glad to hear you are poking along.

PJ.. congrats on the parakeet grandbabies. 😁

All you non FB peeps, you missed seeing Maple in his underwear.

Uphill.. keep on keeping on.

SoSo..more new home pics?
post edited by Bosco - 2018/08/06 19:56:32

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 05:35:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
I saw an interesting thing on the news Sunday night. Dogs slowing down and having difficulty breathing, more tired than usual. Turns out they were having heart issues, common factor was grain-free foods that include legumes and certain other vegetables. Putting them back on a diet that included grains reversed the issues. Mollie has long been a picky eater, and I had finally found a dog food brand she liked. Grain-free with peas. Yesterday I spent a lot of time I didn't have in the dog food aisle reading labels.  MOST are now grain-free. Finally settled on good ol' Purina. She ate it up last night. I am praying this perks her up. Will keep you updated. The Collie I had when I was a kid (a twin to Mollie's coloring) lived to almost 17. She got Purina and table scraps. Funny thing is, if there was even one pea in the bowl, even covered with gravy, that pea would be left in the bottom of the bowl licked clean. I should have trusted the dog's good sense. 

Bosco, a tour de force! What about my fountain of youth juice?!? Ah well, with the exception of my bad ankle, I'm pretty healthy for an old broad.
Hoping the sciatica eases for you, Crunch.
Forgetting the other things I was going to comment on, but need to get going.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/08/07 06:30:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Lurk on kids. . . about 750 more peeks at this thread and we will hit a milestone, 1 million views.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..796797798799800.. > >> Showing page 800 of 871
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5