Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..786787788789790.. > >> Showing page 788 of 792
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28995
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 18:25:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I bet SC loves having her own desk.  The first one is always a thrill.  No more sharing!

Cindy - that is nuts 100%?  It is only in the 40's here but the dew points is 72 & that is what makes it humid here.  In Houston (terribly humid) the dew point is 78.  I can't believe how crazy your weather is.  Extremes!

In my experience if the bed feels hard get rid of it.  I didn't like foam for just that reason.  I much prefer our regular style pillow top mattress Twirley.  I need a bed that is not too soft or too hard.  Just like Goldilocks!

PJ - I just cannot imagine how hard it would be too take on 3 grandchildren. What good souls to do that.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 21:14:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, I am sort of chuckling now. DIL got here with the kids before I finished watering everything, and then it was busy busy. Barefoot Didi in the house runs like the wind. Put the shoes on her and we went out to the back forty to watch Seth launch his eagle kite. She thought that was pretty cool. Then explored. It is probably around an acre and a 1/4 to 1/2; she covered a lot of it. Shortly after we went back in (mighty warm out there) DIL called to say she was on her way back and would stop at Culver's for take-out.  Sky began to darken, and shortly after she arrived the thunder started and we had a nice 20 minutes of steady rain. So much for 20% chance after 1am tomorrow morning.  Cooled things off considerably, nice east breeze right now. And I wouldn't be disappointed if we get another shower at 1 am. Don't particularly like dragging the hose around. Winter in Wisconsin can be miserable, but I wouldn't trade for Texas summer heat. Last summer I don't think we hit 90 at all. This summer, yeah, but that's not the norm. (Or at least hasn't been the norm. If the week of over 90 does become the norm, Canada is looking better and better.)

PJ, God Bless your nephew and his wife! 3 hours and I'm exhausted. And bless everyone that stepped up with the awesome backyard assortment. Lucky kids to have those grandparents! And lucky SC to have such a spacious work station. Puts Fed. government offices to shame.
Cringing right now because I am hearing all manner of sirens on the highway to the west of us. The other day when we picked up Chris's car at Jake's, there was a mangled Dodge minivan on the lot. Driver's side totally bashed in and the roof mostly torn off. Couldn't help but wonder if anyone survived, it has been haunting me ever since. Shuddering.
Gotta go spruce up for our appointment with attorney, time to update the wills.
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 22:30:20 (permalink)
Good Afternoon Clubbers, not a lot of time to catch up, but....

Cindy, the earliest I'll be back is Saturday.
So glad your foot is getting better.
Do I really have to get a ratty ponytail to lead my gang? I'm not opposed to the tattoo idea, but do you think a nice tattoo of a Golden Retriever puppy would be not manly enough to lead a gang?

Speaking of bad feet, where's Frank?

Twirls, glad you are having fun with your friends, I want some of those crab legs!!

Crunch, I sure hope it all works out for your Dad.

Pj, that's so nice about the grandkids.
How's your garden doing?

MB, what a nightmare with the house, hope it's all finally finished.

Bernie, you were too good for that woman anyway, remember, the fun is in the chase!
post edited by Badger - 2018/07/13 03:57:18

Wag more....bark less.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 22:56:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers sent your way Beach Billy.

MB how is the Anderson job coming along? Isn't it due this week or so?

Funny story Badger

Hot again today, has been since last Friday which was a killer, downtown LA was over 110F but the worst thing is humidity is high (for SoCal anyway), we're supposed to get a break in the humidity tomorrow. Normally our climate is pretty temperate. Went to Fantastic Sam's today for a haircut and looks like a lot of other folks had the same idea, good day to go soak your head. Was a 20 minute wait. Treated myself afterward with a cheeseburger at In n Out, worth the wait.

Hope your dad is OK, crunch.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 23:22:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
I don't think I could ask for a better day with friends in this house.  It's been perfect.  Although we had a tentative plan to go out, we ended up hanging around  or IN the pool.  We were still debating whether or not to go out when it rolled into happy hour.  At that point we opted to stay here and enjoy our time AND CRAB LEGS!  OMG OMG!  We all agreed that none of us has ever had better crab meat.  So big, sweet and fabulously delicious.  We gorged on crab, garden grown corn, and tomatoes.  A feast.  
My guests are taking care of me and doing all the work.
I'm a very happy and blessed woman.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/12 23:25:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm posting a few pics on FB if anyone wants to transfer here.   Thanks.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 04:01:47 (permalink)
Good Morning Goldilocks, it's Friday.

Twirls, my mouth is watering!

I didn't do much yesterday on my day off, got one little job done, now back to the big job for a couple of days.

Our garden is doing well, been eating cukes for a couple of weeks and now the sweet peas are showing up, lots of green tomatoes, too.

Maybe Boat Drinx Saturday?

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 05:08:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Prolly gonna have to be Sunday evening, Paul. We will be in Illinois celebrating Mom's birthday. Prolly won't get back home until way late. Big bash at my brother Mike's house, looking at 60-70 people. Will be spending today making assorted desserts for those who don't care for cake. But anxious to talk, we have all sorts of news for you guys!

My mouth is watering, too, Holly. Haven't had really good crab legs in a long time. Just little bits of crab in the seafood enchiladas. Maybe when we're out on the east coast in September we'll find a good seafood place one of the nights we're there.

Visit with lawyer went well. She is someone our eldest has worked with often for mutual clients, she specializes in elder law. Matt has seen so many families torn apart over poorly/inadequately written wills. And much has changed since we last did the wills in 2004. Overall, they were pretty good, but she will tweek them to cover changes in the laws, and Matt is happy that we're doing that since he will be executor. One important thing is to avoid probate, and she will take care of that.

Off to make a grocery list for dessert ingredients, then get ready to shop for them. (I know, poor planning, but it has been a busy week)
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 07:07:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That is hot for So Cal Jamie.  Hope you are managing to keep your cool.

You are probably still tired Cindy. 3 hours of intensity LOL.

Sounds like an awesome day Twirley.

I think your gang should be known for rocking the man buns with your tank tops Badger.

Hope your replacements went well MB.

Ok, what do call the dough that comes in a can and you twist the can?  I need the kind you can put hot dogs in and it cooks around the hot dog...........
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 07:24:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy skies this AM. We had a good rain just after dark last night and things will be cooler today under partly cloudy skies. Current temp 76F at 7:39 with a beach high of 85 degrees.

Didn't do much yesterday. Got eggs at Nel's for lunch and one last pest control guy will be sending a quote. Now I have a choice of three local companies. Spent more time than I wanted looking for a good flight to Colorado at Thanksgiving time. Pricing is silly high and will continue to rise. I might just have to use mileage points and should have my 16,000 bonus from the Jamaica trip soon.  Might as well use them.

Today I think I'll do a beach walk. No other plans at the moment.

PJ, fancy desk at SC's new work place. Thanks for the nice picture. That's is a big effort for your Nephew to add three children into his home. Had to been a bad situation. Good for him & his wife.

Cindy, sounds like little Didi can wear you out ! Nice that you have a place for her and Seth to run around freely. Nothing like the open country. Glad to hear that eye drops are almost done. Can you notice a big difference now after the surgery ?

Jamie, you sure like those 'In n Out' cheese burgers, si ? Stay cool out there.

Twirls, fun time with good food and good friends. Couldn't ask for anything more. Enjoy.

Badger, bit of a pain to travel back & forth on the big job. Hope the weather holds out for you. Thank you for your encouragement; I'll be honest, dating can be hard work too !  Hee,hee.

Hi Crunch.
  Hi MB.

I've been lazy this morning. Time to scoot.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13678
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 07:45:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers, it's Friday the 13th. But for you working folks: 

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
nipper
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 07:53:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
But it is the beginning of a busy weekend here. Our son Ian (some of you have met him in Akumal) is getting married tomorrow, right here in town. My 3 sisters are coming from Ontario and Ron's sister is coming from Ohio, with their husbands. So as well as the wedding we are having a pretty cool family reunion on Sunday. Party, party, party! 
So I hope you all have a good weekend and many hugs to BB and anyone else needing them.

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 08:07:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
crunch, you want those Pillsbury crescent rolls, in the refrigerated section. Don't forget to cut a slit in the hotdog and put in a partial slice of Kraft American cheese.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 09:13:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Pictures from Twirls perfect day.

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 09:52:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
It's gonna be a bright bright sunshiny day.... 
With a Cicadas concert at full volume. 
Nothing much on my agenda.  Small chores here and there.  Anything that doesn't
require sweating.  LOL   

Twirls,  So happy for you that the visiting friends are so enjoyable to have around.
I smiled so big at the first pic with Tom and Sherry in it.  Sweet!

Nipper,  Wow!  Big weekend in store.  Congrats to your son and his love.
Wishing them a beautiful life together.  

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/07/13 12:41:43

nipper
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 11:58:22 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Thanks pj.  Ian will have a husband and we will have a son-in-law. I know it is not an accepted event everywhere, but we are very happy to see Ian happy and a wonderful celebration is on its way.

Happy Friday everyone and a fun, relaxing weekend ahead.
post edited by nipper - 2018/07/13 13:12:45

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 12:15:24 (permalink)
+4 (4)
Happiness and happy couples are sure acceptable in my book.  Congratulations Nipper!

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 12:45:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nipper,  I meant no harm.  Have corrected my best wishes.
Truly wish your son and his love every happiness. 

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 12:49:31 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Afternoon all

It's been a lazy morning.  We are again talking of a day trip to Big Cedar, etc.  Maybe we'll actually go.  
Saturday we are going Eureka Springs for the night.  Eating and live music on the forefront of plans.  

Jamie, I hope you are doing well and dealing with the hot temperature.   

Thinking of you, BB.  I know you are doing as well as possible.  It's a strange situation to wake up and realize every day that you are now a widow.

Cindy, I don't know how you do ALL that you do.  Particularly with the kids.

PJ, bless those people who took in the kids.  

Tom and Sherry say HI to everyone.  Tom just declared that this is the best ALL INCLUSIVE resort he's ever been to!   Guest hostess, Susan, (I told her just to make herself at home) has served, cleaned, shopped and is the active hostess.  I don't think we could get another morsel of food in this house without it exploding.  We have EVERYTHING because Susan likes to shop and entertain and can't living in their RV now.  So she is in heaven just like having her own big house again.  I'm enjoying every moment.

Badger, Tom says he thinks that the GOLDEN TAT would look very macho on you.    No ponytail needed but you'd look good in one.
nipper
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 13:14:44 (permalink)
+3 (3)
PJamigo
Nipper,  I meant no harm.  Have corrected my best wishes.
Truly wish your son and his love every happiness. 

No harm felt pj. I just thought I should clarify for all. 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 15:35:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  Taking it easy today after the install yesterday.  Installers arrived at 8 and left at 5:30 on the hottest day of the year no less with a feel like factor of 104 working on a sunny deck with heat radiating off the wood. Felt bad for the two of them.  Killed off all the flies inside before releasing Maya from the bedroom.  City inspector was so full of himself I almost asked him to leave the property.  Of course, barking code orders about the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors and making sure all were operational. What an Ahole and the Anderson crew agreed. Nice to have my quiet space back and I think Maya is back to her normal silly self.  Simply said I do not like the two sidelights or inside door.  They do not look anything like the entry way door. The build-out is different and there are little plugs concealing the screws. I'm thinking it is because of the mini-blinds between the glass panes. Tacky and cheap looking.  In process of setting up a meeting with sales rep and project manager for next week via text. I've been too livid to handle a call.

PJ, bless your nephew and wife for taking in those three kids.  They sure have a nice play area now.  

Nipper, congratulations to Ian.  Sounds like a fun-filled weekend.  Enjoy the family time.

Badger, wish I would have hired you for this project.  I have no patience for incompetence and lack of communication anymore.  Pretty sure you take great pride in your craft.

Cindy, fun day with DiDi and Seth.  Do you have a pic of the kite?  Nice to get the will stuff updated.  One less worry.

Crunchie, yippee it's Friday.  Hope you have a super relaxing weekend.

Hi Jamie.  That high humidity is nasty.  Stay cool.  

Thinking of you BeachBilly.  Hugs.

Bob must be busy kayaking and fishing.

Twirls, glad the company thing is working out well.  Enjoy Eureka Springs.  Sounds fun.

Bernie, you need to take a pic next time you visit Nels.  Bet you are too busy flirting around with the wait staff.

Hola to all the rest I've missed.  Forgot to mention alarm company was out earlier.  System is up and running and he fixed the motion detector in lower level that has not been operational since 2010 when I finished off that level.  Contractor did not reinstall it properly, but it's working now. Brian is my super hero.  Bill goes to Anderson Windows.  Thanks for listening to my project woes.

Have a beautiful evening and weekend everyone.  Be well, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/07/13 21:10:14

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 19:39:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nipper and Diver Ron--Congrats on picking up a new member of the family.  Have a great time at the wedding and reception.  We too are celebrating as my nephew is also getting married tomorrow.  Party on Garth!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/13 19:41:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger--Litter box needs cleaning!  Can smell it all the way down here in Misery.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/14 01:13:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning all.
Heading to bed but it's almost 1 am.  We had a great afternoon and evening.  Pics on FB.  WE ALL highly recommend the TOP OF THE ROCK GOLF DESTINATION as a HAVE TO SEE place if you are in the Ozarks.  The (drive through on golf cart) cave tour and nature trail is SUPER SPECTACULAR scenery.  Added bonus I'd the BAT BAR where you can pull through and get a cocktail for the scenic drive, about 40 minutes long.  We had the best spinach artichoke dip in the world and another cocktail after the tour.  Then in the car and a short scenic drive to BIG CEDAR RESORT.  Both are owned by Johnny Morris aka BASS PRO.  We had dinner and enjoyed some live music and entertainment and then 40 minutes home.  Sherry's back took some abuse on the drives so I hope we can make the 1.5 hour drive to Eureka tomorrow but if not, oh well.

MB, I'm sorry about your project.  I certainly understand.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/14 06:34:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Big storm right at bedtime. Thunder and lightning kept me awake, so much lightning it was like strobe lights. I am gonna let Mollie sleep in a bit, she was pacing and panting. My left foot was throbbing so much from standing in the kitchen most of the day, finally got up and applied some foot pain lotion. That helped quite a bit. Possibly more storms today; hope the party at my brother's house is not a washout. Tents and all set up.

MB, WHAT?! I am so sorry. All that wait, noise and mess and they're still not right? What a PITA. Hoping you get some satisfaction.

Holly, I am so glad you are having a great time. Please say Hi! to Sherry and Tom from us. Whenever we've met up with them in Mexico, Sherry would want a pic of herself standing next to Chris. If I recall, somewhere there is a pic of her standing on a chair, and they are close to the same height.

Frank, just so you know, Badger is off the grid right now. Don't expect a reply until probably tomorrow. Hope he and his biker gang were able to finish up that job.

Nipper, congrats to your son! Enjoy! My nephew and his partner are planning their wedding, they are tongue-in-cheek referring to it as their "Big, Fat Gay Wedding".

Only things I want/need to accomplish before we hit the road for Illinois is paint my toenails and cut the desserts I made into serving sizes. NOT necessarily in that order.
Have a wonderful day!
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..786787788789790.. > >> Showing page 788 of 792
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5