Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..786787788789790.. > >> Showing page 786 of 858
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 11:49:08 (permalink)
JJ, you gotta love the feeling of the new job, eh? 
When I do a repair, I do tend to go "overboard" if the first standard effort didn't last. If I built everything in that manner, I literally couldn't afford it. All the time I am doing such repairs, I'm wondering why I didn't do this to begin with (Re: using a galvanized I-beam for a mailbox post so the plow guy doesn't take it down). Cost of the wooden post and brackets, about $15.00. I-beam job, nearer $100.00 plus I went from a $12.00 mailbox to a $60.00 HD mail box, galvanized, 3/16" thick, not sheet metal. Budget, always the budget. But I seem to find a way to budget a little more if it is the second time around!

Went kayaking yesterday again in New Hampshire. My fishing license is only good in Maine, and apparently the fish knew and proceeded to torment me!! LOL! We did see this guy though:

More life today!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29009
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 12:54:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So glad it is going so well with the rescue. Great news.

Thinking about you and yours BB.

The trip looks like it was a good one MS.  Want some of that pie!

JJ - great news on your 1st day and the training.  What will you be doing?

Love the nature pics Bob!

I had better get to it!
post edited by crunch - 2018/07/10 12:55:46
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:02:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A beautiful day is store for the coast. Bright sunny skies this AM with a beach high of 88 degrees. The current temp is a cooler 65F at 7:22.

I got an earlier start yesterday with breakfast at Nel's and then off to a nice walk on Ocean Isle Beach.
Hadn't been to the beach in a while and discovered that the tourist are back in force. It was nice though to be out in the salt air and also to watch the families playing in the surf with their kids. Took a few pics for the BC to enjoy. Saw 3 turtle nests staked out. I didn't know we had some many different types that lay eggs in the North Carolina beaches : Loggerheads,Hawksbill,Green,Leatherbacks & Kemp's Ridley

Hey jj. I just knew you would have a great first day at work. Good for you girl !!

Mapes, glad ya had nice weather for your outing and thanks so much for the pictures. I don't think I would enjoy those tents very much. Camping in a casita on Tulum Beach is my style. hee,hee

Cindy, cutting your acreage is truly a task to make one sore. Good luck with the other half.

Thanks for your trip pictures, Bob.

Crunch, you addicted to pie, si ? hee,hee.  Me thinks Ed likes to post his pie pics just to tease us.

Time to move along. Will see y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:03:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
To the South, volleyball and all 

post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/07/10 13:05:32

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:04:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
looking to the North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:07:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
 Tourist season !
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/07/10 13:09:18

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:10:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
nest sign

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:12:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Very serious about protection

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 13:13:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
The nest area

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 14:31:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Woke up to heavy fog on the hill.  Kind of cool to watch it creep through the trees.
Unusual for July. 
Didn't do much yesterday.  Just kind of puttered around.  Did the laundry. 
Put away everything from the boating trip.  Watered porch pots and garden boxes. 
Made hotel reservation in St. Louis for SJ and friend.  They are going to two game Cardinals vs Cubs 
last weekend in July.  Bought a new cell phone on Sunday.  Trying to get familiar with it.  Haven't had a cell phone since 2011. 
Haven't missed it either!  SJ and SC insisted that I needed one.  Guess I do for when I travel to Memphis, etc. by myself.
SC was very sweet...spent about two hours loading up everything she thought I would need. 
Made the fonts big so I can see them.  Soon as I figure out how...dumping that snapchat and pintrest though. 
Never going to use those apps.  Couple of errands to run today.    Dreaded ironing....poo!

jj,   Yeah!  Bet you are feeling so much relief.  Happy for you!

Maple,  Awesome pics from your encampment.  Nice that those boys are interested
in learning to play a part.  

Cindy,  Hope your back is feeling better this morning.    

MB,  I can't wait for all the boys and the coach to be out of that cave.
Bless their hearts....what an ordeal! 

Wishing everyone a beautiful day! 
BeachBilly,  Keeping you and Joe in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 14:52:15 (permalink)
Bernie, that beach looks familiar, or do they all look the same there? LOL! 
What is the purpose of the netting over the nests after they are staked? Is it to stymy racoons?

PJ, getting a cell phone? And they want you to have it for when you are on the road? Be sure to inform them not to call you when on the road as you need to be paying attention to driving. I've had company phones and for some reason, "they" would always call me on the one hour commute home. At first, I was thinking, it must be an emergency, so I answered. Nope, just wanted to chat. I mean, I'll be home soon, I prefer to pay attention to my driving. It was hard to be rude and not answer the phone (and then they'd leave a long message I'd have to take care of later....) Sigh..... The phone is for safety, in their words, why can't they keep it that way? I really am so much happier without a phone.

Sunny day out, yard work getting done, I'm hot, came in to cool off a bit!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 15:24:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just checked the news and they're all out! Great news! Nice to get good news for a change.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 15:35:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Well I wanted people to come and enjoy this home so for 2 days I've had 2 men (a friend (not a close friend,either)and his buddy) hanging out ALL DAY in my pool.  I went on about my business and paid no attention.  They were wasting time waiting on family funeral stuff and the buddy was from out of town.   

My invited guests arrive today...and some not so invited guests are also arriving.  My RV friends have to put the
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 15:52:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I had to post or lose it...
Anyway, they have to put the RV in the shop and need a place to stay.  They know I have plenty of rooms so...I couldn't say NO, although I hinted heavily...so I'll have just what I asked for.  Lots of company.  
I did have to rush around and buy a new bed so I opted to buy myself a new hybrid bed with an adjustable frame for my room and will put my firmer memory gel mattress in the front guest room where my RV friends will be.  They can have the front kitchen and that part of the house for themselves and their yappy dogs.  It's the dogs that are the PITA particularly with Pearl.

BTW, Pearl graduated from puppy school and we start BIG DOG class this week.  It's the beginning of service dog training.  She's doing very well at 6 months.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 16:25:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Uphill,  not to worry my family knows I will not answer the cell phone while driving. 
Though both the truck and car do have hands free function on the dash.
At this point I will not even be doing that.  It is just when I am at the condo and SC is at work with her cell.
No one can reach me.  Accept on the laptop with FB chat box.  SJ doesn't/won't use that. 

Twirls,  When it rains it pours.  Don't let company run you into the ground.

Please take a moment to send prayers of strength for BeachBilly. 
As many of you know first hand.  This is a such hard road she is walking on. 
Just want to drive up there and gather her up like she was 2 yrs old.  Make it all better.
Unfortunately not even that is not going to help.   My heart is just aching for her.   

Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 17:38:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, Jungle Fish would be an easy walk south from Lolha.  It's probably about a 25 minute walk but is all beach with a bit of easily maneuvered iron shore around the curve right before you reach it.  It's a great place!  Another great place to check out is LaPalapa.  They have great seafood and music, I believe every Wednesday and Friday. 
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 18:56:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Gem!

PJ - I so agree with you about BB.

Great news about the rescue.

Twirley - good news about Pearl.  Kick the uninvited guests out.

PJ - I don't talk and drive, but occasionally I leave my phone at work and I freak out driving without it in case of car problems.

Bernie - those beaches don't look very crowded to me.  What is the water temp?
Where is MB?

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 21:20:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just checking in.

Bob, don't know what the netting is that has been placed over the turtle nest. Will try to find out.

Crunch, you are correct. It wasn't THAT crowded; I'm just spoiled when I walk during the cooler months. The water temp today was 84 degrees at the OIB pier.

BeachBilly, I haven't forgotten about you. I think of you and your hubby each day when I sign-in on the breakfast club. Prayers and love to you both.

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/10 21:58:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good afternoon.  82 and sunny.  A lovely summer day.   Was out earlier with more errands, then back home and out again.  Waiting on the pest control guy to show up.  Got my retiree group medical plan and Rx plan forms filled out today and returned to former employer BCBSM.  Love checking things off the to do list.  I must be super excited about my October trip.  Already started putting things aside in spare bedroom yesterday.  Will need to move a couple small pieces of furniture in dining room tomorrow.  Anderson will be here early on Thursday (weather permitting) to install 2 doors and 2 sidelights.  Friday the alarm company will be back out.  Sounds like an instant replay to me.

Crunchie, I'm still here.  I think my last post actually got lost on a previous page when it flipped forward.  Hope things are going better for you Dad. 

Badger, hurry up and finish that depot job.  Already miss your daily posts.

Cindy, hope the back is feeling better and you got the rest of your lawn cut.    God bless all of the divers and others that worked so hard to safely bring those kids and coach out safely.  The courage of those kids totally amazed me.  Not so sure I could have been that brave being so claustrophobic.

Twirls, good luck on the invited and uninvited guests.  Just be careful not to wear yourself down terribly.  Congrats on Pearl's training.

JJ, so happy your first day at the new job went well.  Hope it's a good long-term fit for you.

Bernie, nice beach pics as usual.  Always neat to see the marked turtle nests.  

Frank, how are those feet feeling?  

MapleSyrup, thanks for the pics.  How are the kiddos liking their new place? 

PJ, ditto your comments for BeachBilly.  More prayers, hugs and love sent their way.

Rise Pest Control just left. Too bad they can't nuke those darn Japanese beetles. I would pay extra for that.  Time to crack a cold one.  Have a lovely evening all.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 05:36:43 (permalink)
+5 (5)
Guests all arrived and I believe EVERYONE IS HAPPY, including me and all the dogs.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 12:03:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Well, my mowing job is turning into a 3-day ordeal. Our west side of the driveway ditch is the lowest spot on the road. Spring melt and rain make it swampy, to the point where cattails grow. Dry enough now that I could finally knock it down. Slow process to say the least. Mower on highest setting, deck up and small swaths at a time. Gradually lowered until everything knocked down. Looks so much better, Chris was impressed when he pulled in the driveway. Still have about half of the "back forty" to finish, will get at that this morning, then will probably go over the ditch again to chop up all the cut stuff laying there. Back is OK; think I'm getting used to the jostling. 

Foot is getting better, too. Between the lift in the right shoe and an arch support in the left, I feel improvement. Can only get better when I get the custom orthotics and PT. (That all starts next week.) Also down to my LAST week of the eye drops. Can't wait to be done with that.

Glad to hear you're happy so far Holly, hope it continues and you don't get worn down and frazzled and can just enjoy the company.

Thanks for the beach pics, Bernie. I would assume the netting over the nests is to deter digging critters looking for a snack. You do have raccoons in NC, right? Also dogs. Skunks are good diggers as well. Are there woodchucks in NC? (a real pest here). They are champion diggers.

I need to get started on the day. Babysitting tomorrow morning (here), so want to get much accomplished today. 
Have a beautiful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 12:50:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
More dad craziness.  Got to hit the family emails which are in abundance.  Apparently hours after I spoke with him yesterday he re-bought the condo he walked away from.  Never mentioned any inkling that he might do that when I spoke with him.  Terrible financial decision and unworkable situation in the long term, but hey, a man has to do what a man has to do.

Have a great day all.

Hugs BB.  Thinking of you.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 13:14:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Pretty nice day in store for the coast today. Beach high 92 degrees. Current temp 74F at 7:17 under bright sunny skies.

Yesterday I had the 2nd company stop by to look at my house to quote for termite and pest control (the 1st guy came out on Monday and wrote up the contract with pricing while here). The rep for company # 2 went over pricing and will send their quote from the office. Both companies are pretty close on pricing. One is a little smaller in size and the other includes an extra service step. Will wait to see the 2nd quote before I make a decision.

Today is sale day for the grocery stores. Not much else on my plate other than paying a bill.

PJ, good luck on the new phone. Everyone that sees my flip phone can't believe I have one. Debby bugs me to get a smart phone. Meredith always says " Dad, when are you going to get a real phone ?"
I have bravely fended off their request.

MB, I am curious on your October dates. Send a PM if you don't want to post here due to paparazzi.
hee,hee

Hi Gem. I think I forgot to thank you for your mini-Akumal report. Thanks !

Twirls, glad you and the guests and the dogs are all happy.  What about the cats ?

Cindy, that's a lotta grass, man !  Hee,hee.  Will the County allow you to burn the field or ditch ? Maybe that is that not feasible ? Yes, we do have raccoons out here. Funny you should mention one, as last night Freddie was pacing back and forth and going from window to window plus looking anxious. I finally got out of my comfy chair to look outside and there was a raccoon under my bird feeders !  Darn. It was digging through the dropped seed but didn't try to climb the pole; hopefully the squirrel guard will block the raccoon. Didn't see any feeder damage this morning. Freddie did NOT like that thing !

Crunch, yet another thing to worry about. Hope it works out.

Coffee time is done. Moving along.
See y'all later,
Bernie
post edited by Beach Bernie - 2018/07/11 13:17:09

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 16:40:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gorgeous summer day on deck.    
Slept in late.  First time in many days.  Felt good!
Just getting my first cup of coffee down.

Bernie,  SJ held on to his flip phone until last Jan.  The young ones at work use to make 
fun of the antique flip phone.  One of them gifted him an fairly new Iphone. 
So he changed carriers and now using Iphone.  Still fighting with it.  LOL  
Between the two of us...there is a lot of ratzing fratzing going on.  

Uphill,  Forgot to say how beautiful your kayaking trip pics were.  

Crunch,  Bless his heart...  Your dad is doing it his way.  Hugs

MB,  Hope all goes well with installation today.  

Cindy,  Ride on sweet lady!   

BB,  Hugs and prayers for you and Joe.  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/07/11 16:44:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just received message from BeachBilly.
Her beloved husband Joe has passed away.
Thankfully Joe's daughter is with her.  They are leaning on each other.
post edited by PJamigo - 2018/07/11 18:16:15

Page: << < ..786787788789790.. > >> Showing page 786 of 858
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5