Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..771772773 Showing page 773 of 773
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8099
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 04:42:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Good Daughters, it's Moanday.

Not sure if it is attributable to global warming or what, but....I have lived in this area my entire life and we are not prone at all to flooding here, the worst I have seen until recently was a bit of localized flooding during a unusually fast snow melt in the spring. However, for the 2nd time in less than 2 years the region has received rainfall of over 12'' producing flooding and road washouts. Two of the three main highways near our town have major washouts and these roads are supposedly designed to withstand what experts call a "one hundred year flood", meaning only once in a hundred years can a storm of this magnitude be expected. One of the roads is U.S. highway 2, the main east-west artery. Grabbed this page from our local paper. Top photo is of an intersection I need to get thru in order to get to work today, the Hwy 2 washout is in the 2nd photo.

Other than that, we had a fun day yesterday, our Mexican friends opened their restaurant early so we could all cheer on Mexico in the World Cup and we had so much fun, the employees were all dressed up in team colors, some had face paint on, and they were thrilled when Mexico pulled out a close victory over favored Germany.

Gotta run, not sure yet if the road I need to use to get to work is open or not.

post edited by Badger - 2018/06/18 05:36:42

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 05:54:56 (permalink)
Lost my earlier post. What a mess, Paul! Is that the same area Highway 2 washed out before? Please be safe on the roads. 

Killing time before we head to the hospital. Storms and heavy rain expected later today. 
Be well, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6650
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 06:44:05 (permalink)
Speaking of Global warming, I saw this first thing this morning, though I am reminded of 3 weeks of -20 temps this winter.

Looks like we are gonna break some records. I've been kinda enjoying that the northeast is one of the few spots on this globe with cooling trends. It was sprinkling this morning, so if we get that heat, it'll likely steam us when it hits. Whooo boy...

Badger, that's what happened to that road? They are planning on rebuilding Rt 26 thru our town, which is designed for the 50 year flood currently. Their intention is to build it for the 200 year flood. I'm not quite sure how, or if, they have it all figured out. 

In a couple days, we are heading to Acadia with the ski group. Being right in the ocean, I'm hoping the temps are moderated. I can remember it being awfully hot when we were rebuilding the elementary school. We'll be biking, kayaking and hiking. It's the perfect place for such activities. 

MB, there are limits on the bass and most fish I pull in. I'm not even up on the limits, because every fish I catch, well, I can plainly see that they need to grow a little bigger. That 2 footer could grow into a 30 incher.  I do keep an eye on what lures are legal here and there. Some are fly fishing only, some are single hooks only. I like to stay this side of the law. On a river trip I am taking later this summer, if the guys want a fish fry, I'll bone up on the catch limits. Something about fresh fish on a kayaking trip. 

Today, I'll be heading over to the Mahoosucs Land Trust to join in a meeting to discuss a new land acquisition. A bunch of us all have something we can lend towards this new parcel, mostly, it'll be cutting trails and maybe a bridge here and there. I'll be looking far viewpoints and scenic vistas. This should prove interesting. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 06:49:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Cindy, good luck and I'll be thinking of you.

Badger, that's a horrible mess.  I hope the water recedes quickly.

I'm somewhere in an RV park after a day and night of RV life.  Of course I'm not sleeping and Jan, who was awake 2 hours ago announcing that she should get up because she KNEW she wouldn't go back to sleep, dozed off again immediately and is still snoring away.  I got up to pee for the 5th time and decided just to walk to the "clubhouse" to use the bathroom there so everyone else could sleep. 
(Badger, she started the same crap about an hour into the trip, LOL.  I just smile and tell her to eat a cookie!)  
I'm glad I have you all to share this stuff with!

You all have a great day.  I've got a bag of cookies and I'll be fine.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28988
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 12:14:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
An RV is a very small space

Cindy - hope you are all done and headed home.

Badger - hope you made it to the job without too much trouble.  That flooding is bad.

Looks like the sun is finally shining again in Akumal after 6 straight days of rain.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/18 13:06:10 (permalink)
We are home. Stopped for breakfast/lunch at Culver's on the way home because I saw on the way in that the frozen custard flavor of the day was Cappuccino. Had our sandwiches, and dessert.  Yum. Only got a few funny looks, because most of the patrons in the restaurant were elderly and probably all too familiar with the "fly eye". He really taped it up this time, completely covered the mesh so I can see nothing through it.  Have to walk slowly and carefully; amazing how much it throws off depth perception and balance. Have to leave it on till tomorrow morning when he checks it, then only at night so I don't rub it in my sleep. Did all the laundry yesterday, so I can just take it easy today. Rain started much earlier than predicted, so Chris is planning to go for a haircut sometime today. I may catch up on my DVR'ed episodes of Grey's Anatomy.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Page: << < ..771772773 Showing page 773 of 773
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5