Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..771772773774775.. > >> Showing page 772 of 859
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 08:02:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray clouds with a steamy fog hanging in the trees.  We surely have had lots of rain.
Looking at forecast for the MS and LA Gulf coast... looks like a rainy vacation next week as well.
Oh well,  it will still be fun.  Though we may have to nix Ship Island from the agenda.  
Bought a new purple umbrella for the trip.  

Jamie, we leave Saturday morning.  Sure hope your swallowing situation improves.
SIL went through similar swallowing problem.  Lost a bunch of weight.
She finally had minor surgery to have her esophagus stretched.   Seems to be fine now.

Crunch,  if I lived closer... would be happy to help you with chores.  Hugs

Cindy,  will be keeping you in my thoughts on Monday.  Pray everything goes well.

MB, hope you are feeling no ill effects today from the dental work.  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 09:40:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jamie, call your Dr NOW.  PLEASE.

busy yesterday.  I'm catering a light meal for an interior designers meeting today at 5.  A salad buffet.  Need to grill some chicken and peaches.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29010
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 12:26:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Going back to paying work Twirley?

PJ - you are so nice.  I bet you would.  

I hope you are not in too much pain today also MB.

Bob - I didn't think it got that hot in Maine.  How often do you get 90+?

Looking stormy on the webcam.  We are hoping to get some rain out of TS/hurricane Barney or whatever his name is this weekend.

Car to shop early Saturday morning.  I didn't ask the cost. I didn't want to know
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 14:04:30 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Crunch, it gets unbearably hot up here. Of course, it's all relative, I've heard about the heat you folks are getting. As a builder, we had many who advocated no need for AC, because you are in Maine. And homeowners would suffer or buy window units (They look real good on some of the mansions I built with no AC....) It used to be that we would get 2 to 6 weeks in the high 90's with two of those weeks topping out over 100. I planned my work around those hot days, saving the basement work for the scorchers. Last time we had  temperatures over 100 degrees was the Summer of 2014, my last Summer working. I don't mind and certainly don't miss those real hot days. (Someone explain this global warming thing to me again.... LOL!) Actually, if you look at a global temperature map, there are a few places on earth that are cooling, and I happen to be in one of them, the Northeast! Most places are showing heating up. Still, mid 90's with the August humidity is a killer here, literally and figuratively. 

We did that 3 mile hike today, with a good sit and chat at the top in 3 hours today. Short quick hike with decent views. 1020 feet of elevation gain, with a side trip to an airplane wreck memorial from 1992. Legs feel good, but I was winded at the start, until I got my second wind. We'll try to do another local mountain next week. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 19:02:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  78 and fair.  Another beauty of a day with a tad bit more humidity but nice breeze.  Worked on the hedge around deck for several hours today.  Have about another third to do, hopefully tomorrow.  Cutting the alpine currents down and yanking out all the old wood.  Bruises and a few cuts later I was done for the day after filling up a garbage can full of debris. Five of the plants totally obliterated by the bunnies.  Will need to replace those and see what happens.  I've been very busy since Tuesday's dental appointment.  Cars washed and fueled, bathrooms cleaned, all trimming around the 65 cedar posts on both sides of split rail fence, wash, shopping and can't remember what all else.  Just been getting the garbage and recycles ready for pick up tomorrow.  A well needed shower done and will concentrate on a bite to eat after I do my nails.  Cut and color appointment tomorrow at 10:30.  Way over due.

Bob, sounds like you had a great hike.  I didn't realize Maine had that kind of heat.  

PJ, hope you have a fun time in NOLA with or without the rain.  Dreaming about the music and food.  Enjoy.

MapleSyrup, safe travels manana.

Badger, the heat and humidity and storms are back on here the next few days.

Crunchie and others I am pleasantly surprised that I've not taken any pain pills provided.  Noticeable soreness and that's it thus far.  Kim, you are a great resource for medical here.  Always appreciate you chiming in.  Hola to Tomas, the lurker.  Well here's hoping the car issue isn't too spendy. 

Cindy, pay back for me with the dead wood on hedge. Better than a bruised booby you and BeachBilly.

Twirls, will need an update on your interior designers meeting and entertainment.  Going back to design?

That's it for me.  Have a peaceful evening.  Sama, MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 04:57:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Will be on the road early today, driving Miss Marilyn again. She's off to California again for yet another grandchild's graduation from university. She will also watch an event with a different grandchild; testing the solar car he and his friends built from the ground up. Pretty cool, I hope it works! (with gas prices up over $3 once again)

MB, I applaud you for avoiding the pain killers. I know every time either Chris or I had them prescribed, at the most it was one and done. I would rather have some discomfort than use them. Now, Aleve, on the other hand, is my friend. 

PJ, If I miss saying it tomorrow, safe travels and have a terrific time! And may the skies clear for you!

All systems go for surgery on Monday. Sometime today Hospital will call with my time slot for arrival. Hope I'm the first one again, don't mind the early morning wake up call. Just miss the coffee. But earlier the surgery, the sooner I get me some coffee.

Still a nice comfortable breeze coming in through the windows, but we are in for the hot and humid stuff, too. 90s today, triple digits by Sunday. Yuck.
Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29010
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 06:50:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The early spot is always the best one Cindy.  Hope you get it.

MB - glad you weren't hurting too badly.  My car has 90k miles and is 10 years old and this is only the 2nd worn out parts repair I have had so I really cannot complain.  You sure have been busy!

PJ - have a fabulous trip.  It is raining in QROO also. I see on FB they have closed Xcachel (?sp) beach and looks like a hotel is being built.  At least that is the rumor. Bummer.

Who needs an exercise machine or gym Bob.  You just climb mountains!  Interesting about the weather. I had no idea it got that hot there.

I hope Badger is sleeping in today.  Otherwise no excuse for being late ha ha!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I saw Soso had a post on FB yesterday so apparently she is among the living.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 07:24:46 (permalink)
We have weird seasons up here. There is mud season, when the snow melts, they actually post and close ATV trails, because who wants to ride in ruts all Summer long that bottom out your chassis and leave you stranded. Followed closely by black fly season, which then follows up with skeeter season. I hate to put chemicals on my body, but if I'm going to get out there, I need to use DEET liberally. Generally, after July 4, the biters are done, but the heat is coming. 70 and 80 degree days, with the occasional 90 degree day. August is when it's really hot and we'll get the heat waves, 3 days in a row of 90 degrees or higher, always accompanied by real sticky humidity. Just miserable. If only the wind would blow a little, please! As I said, it's been since 2014 that we have seen 100 degrees, but we get close every year. If you are nearer to the ocean, it helps moderate the temps, obviously, and sometimes, as you are driving to the coast with the widows down, you can feel it cooling. I live about an hour and a half from the ocean, so I'm inland a ways. 

Last year, I was planning some hikes in the White mountains, and I aim to do them weekdays after school starts up, to avoid crowds, bugs and heat. So I started out September 24th and it was in the 90's!! It was so hot I was finding rocks that never saw the light of day and taking my shirt off and laying against those cold rocks to cool off. Next hike, October 12, I brought along a 20 degree sleeping bag, and nearly froze all night long, I had to put on most of my clothing in the sleeping bag to sleep warm. Just 2 weeks later! Fortunately, I always have enough stuff for contingencies. 

2 years ago, Christmas day, we were walking Popham Beach in 60 degree weather. As the old saying goes around here, if you don't like the weather wait about 20 minutes!!! @ days ago, we avoided a hike because of the rain forecast. Never came. Went yesterday, no rain forecast. Yup, we got rained on. It was hot enough that we rather enjoyed the rain hitting us. 

I gotta tell you, I do not miss the 6 weeks straight of high 90's an d low 100's that we used to get. For quite some time now, I have been buying cars with AC and using it, and my homes have had good insulation and AC. Since about 2004, it's been central air. Yeah, in Maine. And last winter, we had 3 weeks of 20 below, and I skied every day. There is another old saying, there is no such thing as too cold, just under dressed. 

Kinda wet out this morning, not sure what is gonna happen. (Fishing or hiking) For now, I'm eating the strawberry shortcake I made yesterday!

Be well all!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/06/15 07:26:10

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 07:27:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Up early.  Lots of ground to cover today.  
Run couple of errands.  Finish packing.  Batten down house.
Take lil doggie and the cat's stuff across the street to brother's house.
Wishing all of you a great weekend!

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/06/15 07:30:43

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 08:48:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dogs and Cats, it's Friday.

Have a great trip PJ!

Jamie, I hope you see a doctor soon.

Crunch, I know how to fix that funny noise your car is making, turn up the radio!

MB, sounds like a busy, busy day.

I've been up since 3, first Tstorm with a bit of dime size hail came thru about 4 am, but radar showed a break after that, so I headed to work, only to have more storms roll in with lots of rain. Weather guessers are now saying we could get 3-6 INCHES of rain. 

Oh well, at least we have Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 10:57:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Yesterday went well and I was Thankful to have the energy and a low pain level.
No, not particularly returning to work in either food or design but I like to keep my foot in the door.  I'd love to do any kind of design for very little money and keep hoping some projects for OTHER PEOPLE come along.  I'm only good for the creative part because I can't do the physical work anymore.  If I could still work like I used to....I WISH.
At least I can still get a few licks in, like yesterday's small event.  I believe it was the Southern (MO?) Design Association bi annual meeting.  

I'm in the middle of the struggle to end PEARL's Kleenex and paper destruction.  2 Kleenex down and she's in the clink (kennel) for the second time this morning.  Also fighting the CAT CHASING issue.  She's getting better about the cat.  The Kleenex are still unsafe.
Cammie is done with Pearls brother Bentley.  He returns to his farm home this weekend.  It's really a good thing for Bentley.  Cammie just doesn't have the time to spend training him nor the money for schooling.  Since both of her daughter's are gone after this month, he would be kenneled too much.  It's not fair to the dog.  He's too destructive to leave unattended.  He has eaten 2 holes in the carpet of the rental house and part of the fence.  It's going to cost her a bundle.  Not counting the boots, shoes, rugs etc.  I'm happy she is returning him.  Plus she has another dog who is behaved and can go to the shop with her.  She tried taking Bentley but he was too aggressive around customers.

Between the ice pack and the 800 mg ibuprofen, I've about got my back ready to take a few hours of something.  Need to go to the pool store.  

It's HOT, HOT AND GETTING HOTTER for a couple days.  Of course with maximum humidity.  I think we have a few days of possible storms but cooler temps coming after the weekend.

The fun RV trip is postponed due to a glitch in towing his car.  Maybe we can leave by Tuesday.  I have to be back to get the JULY 4th party ready.

PJ, WISHING YOU FUN AND SAFE TRAVELS.

Hope Bernie is safe and having fun.  He needs to meet a nice lady friend that lives close by to him.  

Jamie, HAVE YOU CALLED YOUR DR YET?  

MB, slow down.  You make me feel like I have to compete and I can't.
Cindy, you too!  I don't know how you all keep up your places.  

Speaking of, I need to finish the coffee table redo that I started.

Hi Badger!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 11:53:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ--Best wishes for a great trip!  Hope you get to Ship Island.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 18:31:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. 87 and sunny now. Hot and oppressive humidity. Under an excessive heat warning until 8 p.m. Saturday. Got the garbage and recycle bins out early and then off to Commer's for water softner fluid, then to hair appointment and met my friend Judy at Panera afterwards.  She's the GF whose husband had brain surgery in March for tumor and then found blood clots in his right leg so had to insert screen.  He was hospitalized for 8 weeks and 2 weeks in a rehab facility.  Future doctoring for both issues will now be transferred to Mayo Clinic in Rochester.  I thought earlier that it was the same type of aggressive brain cancer as John McCain, but I am glad for his sake that it is the slower growing cancer. Tough road for my friend.  Oddly enough her first husband died of glioblastoma which the Senator has.  Other than that back home and will finish my salad and baguette from lunch.

Badger, more of the same weather here.  95 again tomorrow and rain predicted for the next few days.  Enjoy boat drinx.  Salud.

Crunchie, good luck with the car tomorrow.

Cindy, 800 mg of ibuprofen is what they sent me home with. Other than some discomfort my bite seems a bit weird.  Need to follow-up with regular dentist to take care of the temporary fillings from Endo.  Bet you can't wait to get the other eye done on Monday so you can enjoy the rest of your summer.

PJ, hope your are having a great time.  

You too Bernie and MapleSyrup.

Twirls, glad you are keeping in touch with your passions.  Must be frustrating to want to do more physically than you are able to do.  Can't imagine.  So sorry.  What is your next plan with Pearl?  Cammie had to make a tough decision, but sounds like a good one for her pup and lifestyle.  Keep chipping away at your place.

Hola to the rest of the group here.  Thinking of you all, MB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/15 18:35:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
New renter has the keys and I have her money!  Things are good but my feet are killing me.  Going to bed and hope I don't wake up until my son and grandson come see me Sunday.  Won't happen but I got to hope!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/16 06:08:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Saturday.

MB, sorry about your friend's husband.

Frank, wishing you would get some relief, what a nightmare.

And Twirls, so glad that you had a pain free day.

Boat Drinx was great, as usual.

Thunderstorms and heavy rain all day yesterday, we are now under a flood watch, with more rain coming later today and tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/16 06:32:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Saturday!

Hot here for sure.  I think our heat index yesterday was 104.  Not sure what it will be today, but we are under a heat advisory through sunday evening.  
Today, we have a golf tournament with a noon shotgun start.  I told Mr JJ I'm skipping the beer until afterwards.  It'll be way too hot.  We went to the driving range thursday night.  I hit one bucket of balls and was wiped out.  I think temps that day was high 90's. 

PJ  have fun on your get away.  

Uphill I had no idea it got that hot there. 

Crunch.. I know it gets hot in Texas....

Twirls  you need a little lhasa apso or shih tzu or even a wiener.  Great watch dogs.  Those little cattle dogs need a lot of stimulation. ...their job is to herd cattle.  Glad you had a great day yesterday. 

Badger, you need to hook up with Susy and trade bear stories.  She and her family are in Tahoe and they had bears trying to get into the cabin next door to them.  Hopefully she'll pop in and share a story or 2. 

Frank  Congrats on getting your renter signed . 

MB  sounds like you are healing well.  

cindy  it's the day before the day before!  hope everything goes well with your surgery on Monday

Enjoy your weekend!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/16 06:51:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Yes, fun, Badger, but another long one. An old friend from college called just as we were wrapping things up, spent another hour yakking with her on the phone. ( old friend, ...I guess all of us that knew each other from college are old!) In those days everyone called me CJ. Just a handful people now that call me that, always seems a little surreal.

Yesterday was a really nice day and I really wanted to be outside, but was waiting for the call from the hospital on time  to be there Monday, and I knew they were going to call the land line first.
Now the hot and humid is moving in, will try to find shady areas to work on outdoors. Drive to the airport went fairly well, but I certainly got proficient at adjusting windshield wiper speeds! From sprinkles to downpours to gully washers, we drove through it all. Other drivers were all behaving, even Marilyn commented on how well behaved traffic was. Almost to airport, and a police vehicle with lights flashing and full siren came screaming onto highway and proceeding to zig zag across all four lanes, joined in a short time by another one. Slowing us down. Worried that there was a bad accident ahead, but came around a slight curve, and saw it was a wrong way driver pulled over to far left. Young guy, couldn't figure HOW he got on in the wrong direction in that area. But he was just past a low area with an overpass, and I wondered if he hit some deep water on the road and hydroplaned into a spin. Whatever happened, glad no one was hurt.

Finally got the hospital call, just before Boat drinx time. Don't have to be there until 8am, surgery at 9:45. Was hoping for the earliest slot again.  I will be jonesing for some coffee and food by the time we get out of there.

Frank, I sure hope you find something that will ease the pain. Glad you got the new renter. 
MB, what a strange and awful coincidence for your friend. How horrible to go through that twice! Tough road indeed. Hope they both make it through this.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy (AKA CJ)

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/16 06:52:29 (permalink)
Hola, from the land of the four seasons, sometimes in one day! I've run the heat in the car and the AC on the same day, a couple dozen times each year!

MB, hugs to you and your friend. Such is life, but it doesn't make it any easier. I think part of our humanity is being there for our friends and family. 

Today is the final meeting in preparation for our 40th reunion. A few other things to do, dump run, more fishing maybe, I caught 14 yesterday, including a couple nice big bass and a large pickerel. 

Gotta run, Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/16 11:16:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
70 and rain.  T-storm moved in before 6 with quite the sound and light show so I was up earlier than usual.  Has been a steady rain since and will be for a few more hours.  Kinda bummed because I intended to finish the hedge clean-up and was banking on the weather guessers being wrong.  Not this time around.  So I will focus on some odds and ends inside and possibly watched some movies on the DVR.   Watching Blazing Saddles right now.  Always makes me laugh.

Bob, did you have a fish fry?  Bass are so much fun to catch.  

JJ, that kind of heat and humidity really wipes me out.  Hope your Mom's eye is continuing to improve.

Frank, hang in there.  Nice to have the rental unit off your list.  Enjoy your Sunday with family.

Cindy or should I say CJ, that's wonderful that your friend Marilyn travels by herself and often.  So very nice of you to help with transportation.  

Badger, maybe a great weekend to rest up with the rain upon us.  

Enjoy the weekend everyone and an early Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and those that mentor others' children. MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/06/16 14:17:07

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 05:29:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Happy Father's Day to all the dads, and especially to the father of my children. Son #2 and kids are in South Dakota, and son #1 was here yesterday, so will be a quiet Sunday. Spent quite a bit of time going through things in preparation for meeting with lawyer later this month; time to redo/update wills. Son will be with us at lawyer meeting since he is our tax man and will also be executer.

Today will be the hottest yet. Temp was 75 at 4am. Tstorms overnight tonight, and a stormy Monday predicted. Then some cooler temps will return.

MB, yes I envy Marilyn and her fearlessness about travel. Hope that when/if I reach mid 80s I can do that as well.

Better go and wake up Mollie. Then get ready for church. Stay cool, everyone, literally and figuratively!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 06:12:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers.
Happy Father’s day Dads!
It is 81 degrees at 5:45 this morning.

I don’t know what the heat index was yesterday but it was hellahot on that golf course. It felt like 120 heat index.  I know it hit high 90’s and I was so done at about the last 4 holes. But I kept going, couldn’t let down my team. I decided to put a little more strength behind my swing and I must say, I was hitting just as good as the gals that play every week. Now I just need to work on my putting.    We finished around 6, and by 8:30 I was fed, showered and in bed.   

Friday was Mom’s birthday. I am such a bad daughter. I totally forgot about it until about 5pm Friday night.  I called her and sang happy birthday to her… She cut me off and said “do I have to listen to the whole song”  LOL  (it’s not because she’s grumpy, it’s because I cannot sing LOL) So I will go visit with her today and see if she wants to go to lunch.

Have a great day all
Enjoy your Sunday Funday

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 06:57:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Bad Singers, it's Sunday.

Yes, Happy Father's Day to all of the other Dads out there!

JJ, be careful out in that heat, in fact, all of you suffering high temps be careful!

Clurkers, today is a good day to check in!

Heat is not factor up here right now, but rainfall is, not sure how much we received, but one report from about 20 miles away says they have already gotten 12". Many area roads are closed because of flooding and it's supposed to continue raining all day.

We do have plans to get out of the house today, our Mexican amigo who owns the local restaurant has invited us to come to the restaurant and watch the World Cup match today between Mexico and Alemania (Germany). Should be fun, I'll try to remember to take some pix.

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 07:45:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Happy Dad's Day.

I started a post yesterday but lost it while floating in the pool.  It was also VERY HOT and going to be hotter today.

My tummy is yucky and I was sick after my Ibuprofen at 5 am.  I ran out of omneprazole a few days ago and just got it refilled.  It helps the tummy problems with meds.  

The trip is back on but not sure of departure or return date or destination.  

Pearl is improving.

Not much else going on.  I see the Riveria Maya as well as the north has been hit with thunderstorms and much rain.

Paul, 12" OMG.  We need rain but not all at once.  Glad you have a boat!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 10:10:40 (permalink)
MB, no fish fry, those fish needed to grow bigger. 

All that rain. What is sad is that when you tally up all the rainfall totals at the end of the year, it doesn't quite tell the whole story. When the ground is parched, so much of runs off when it comes all at once. Not as large a percentage of it soaks in. You could get record rainfall and the ground will be more parched than on a low rainfall year, if that rain comes an inch at a time, where most of it can soak into the ground.

Yesterday, my microwave door latch broke. I futzed with it for a while, did some research, etc.... A new door would cost more than a new microwave. So, anyways, I bought a new microwave. As I am about to take the other one down, I saw a quick simple fix. All set now. I'm returning the other microwave. 

As we were coming home yesterday, there was this cute little chipmunk sitting on a rock next to my driveway, eating a strawberry. MY strawberry!!!!! LOL!!! I have a hearted him out of here last night. 

Checked out the garden last night. Looks like the heat killed off all the pepper plants. We'll need to buy some, but at $4.00 per plant.... I get peppers for $.69 in the summer, so I'd need about 6 peppers per plant to appease the accountant in me. Sigh.... guess it's gonna cost me.... Everything else seems to be coming along. I picked a couple dozen strawberries, they are chilling in the fridge!

We are looking at 85 degrees today, 92 tomorrow. It is free admission to state parks today. Not going because of the crowds. I'll go on a weekday to avoid the crowds. Retirement=choosing your days to do things!

PJ enjoy your trip!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/17 18:03:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  87 and mostly cloudy.  Church at 9:30 and then stopped by Von Hansen's to pick up some dinner rolls.  Back home for a bite to eat.  Too hot to work in yard under heat advisory.  Managed to fill bird feeder and clean bird baths and fill with cool refreshing water for my feathered friends.  Been a day of rest.  

Bernie, hope you have had a great trip.  Can't wait to hear about your adventure.

Badger, yikes big time rain in your area.  Hope is all well in your hood and the bears have moved on.

Twirls, thanks for nice chat last evening.  Hugs.

JJ, you are anything but a good daughter.  Don't be so hard on yourself.  You Mom understands and hopefully you had a nice visit today.

Cindy, that will stuff and directives are tricky and sometimes changing with life events.  But the good news is you two are on top of that and that is of great importance.  Hope you enjoyed your day of rest.

Bob, do you have restrictions as well with quantities and length of fish where you live by the DNR?  Is that a state regulation?  Doubtful it would be federal.  

Frank, was thinking about you today. 

Time to grab a bite to eat.  Sama, MB

Page: << < ..771772773774775.. > >> Showing page 772 of 859
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5