Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..771772773774775.. > >> Showing page 771 of 838
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 05:56:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
MB, you nailed it about DiDi. I adore her and will love her forever, just like Seth, but I do NOT want to see her feeling entitled, one of those girls/women who will manipulate to get what they want. I just want to slap them and say get over yourself. I won't say I never acted that way; when I was a teenager, I knew I had some power over guys. But when I did manipulate, I always felt rather ashamed of myself, dishonest. Now I'm like Popeye, I yam what I yam.

Where IS PJ?

Only got about half the mowing done yesterday, will finish up today, then more weeding.
Time get go give Mollie her morning massage and coax her down the stairs.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 07:03:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Tomas is his usually goodly self Badger.  He is a lurker here you know.  I am not unsupervised.  I hope Babs takes a gun or something outside with her.  Yikes.

Bob - those dragon fly's do look like helicopters.  Looks like Bella had a fabulous day.  Lucky mutt.  Hopefully your ladies concussion is just a memory now?  We will have to watch her more closely next time we snorkel!

Twirley - I say go for the queen and test drive that other mattress.

It won't be the same around here without Bernie. Happy travels to the land of sun and ganja

Nice tractor Frank!

MB - we feel the same way about buffet restaurants.  Although they are very popular here.  You should see the Golden Corral parking lot on a Sunday!

Lucky Molly, morning massages sound great, how old is she now?
post edited by crunch - 2018/06/12 07:04:15
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 10:11:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Nice tractor Frank!

Thanks Crunch.  If you are ever in this area, stop by and you can take it for a ride.  If my mom can drive it surely you can! She was about 88 when this pic was taken

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 10:49:58 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
Slept in my bed in my bedroom.  I got up to potty and didn't know where I was.  I slept until 10:15!  It's so nice dark in there on the west side.  Plus, we had a shower in the night and its cloudy and cooler this morning.  The dogs slept better too but now they are in WILD MODE.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 11:05:59 (permalink)
crunch
Bob - those dragon fly's do look like helicopters.  Looks like Bella had a fabulous day.  Lucky mutt.  Hopefully your ladies concussion is just a memory now?  We will have to watch her more closely next time we snorkel!

She had an MRI Monday, head still hurts, will probably take a while to go away. Results will be in Thursday or Friday. Today, her arms are sore, but we kayaked all over Moose pond yesterday. A good kind of sore!

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 11:17:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!   I'm still around.  
Partly cloudy with temps in 90s.  Beautiful summer day here.
Spent most of yesterday with SC.  Just talking.  She returned to Memphis around 9 pm.
Today will begin getting organized for vacation.      
Need go to Wally World and pic up some travel items.
Then to vet to pick up eye drops and heart worm meds for Cudi. 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 11:20:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  72 and cloudy.  Enjoying the cool down.  Nice for lawn work.  Just a quick check in before I head to the endodontist.  Appointment at 12:45.  I'll head out around noon.  Just trying to keep relaxed in the meantime.

Frank, I love that pic of your Mom on the JD.  She's my super hero.

Bob, looked like a fun time kayaking.  Love the little doggie visor and flotation gear.  Hoping for good test results for your lady friend.  

Twirls, a good night's sleep is the ticket.  Have a good day and maybe rest up a bit as yesterday was hectic for you.

Bernie, enjoy a cocktail on my behalf this afternoon. 

Hi to all and Have a beautiful day.  Later, MB  

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 12:29:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Dang Bob.  Poor L.  Geez.

Good luck at the Endo MB.

Cudie is a cutie.

Your mom at 88 Frank?  Wow!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 12:36:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Mayan Boar

Frank, I love that pic of your Mom on the JD.  She's my super hero.

MB--Like told Crunch, if in the area stop by and take it for a spin!  It did take some talking to get mom to get on it and drive it but she finally gave in.  That is a 5' rototiller on the back and she tilled about 100' for my watermelon patch!  Bernie mentioned the hydrostatic controls.  On the picture by my mom's right foot there are 2 pedals, 1 for forward, 1 for reverse.  By her right hand is a red knob which is the throttle.  Push it up and you go faster, whether your foot is on the forward or reverse pedal. Very convenient.   That is all you have to do. Highly recommend it on the machine you choose.  Have it on the riding mower I have at home and it is a God send if you have irregular areas in your yard.
P.S.  Most models don't come with the custom sky blue seat cover
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/06/12 12:41:25
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 16:09:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Garden bouquet in my Mother's 1940s wedding present vase

for Jamie: this is one of my weigela bushes.

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/06/12 16:14:10

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 05:28:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Hump day.

Don't know how I do it, but I've been up since 3 and I'm still running late.

Wag more....bark less.
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2505
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 06:48:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenos dias! 

That picture of DiDi in the flower garden is adorable! And you've the touch for flowers, Cindy.

Ear-worm for the day, Frank; "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy"....

Many bear issues in our area, Badger. On occasion, Fish & Wildlife will hire a houndsman to run the problem back into the woods for a mile or so. Supposedly puts the fear of man/dog back in his psyche.

How's Uncle Beach-Brat doing this AM?

Hope Laurie is feeling better. That's a long time to be having headaches from a concussion, no? Crunchie? Sounds like your sister has her hands full; sending prayers.
What are you using for lures, Bob? When you hook the big one, do you get a free ride around the pond? 

I don't know how you do it, Twirls! Renos, new puppy, and daily pain; I couldn't do it and keep my sanity. I have no advise on equipping your room for guests, but how much did you pay for a 2 night stand(s)?

Weather has been excellent here; maybe some sever weather this afternoon, but that clears out and looks good right through the weekend with highs in the 80s, but low humidity. Good thing; heading for the 240th Anniversary of the Battle at Monmouth. The plan is to put all the gear in the truck Thursday night, groceries in on Friday morning, and a drive of 5 hours to the site. 

If I don't get back, everyone have a good weekend and Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there.

Hola, to MB, Nipper, Barata, BB, SNF, and all the lurkers. Where is SoSo!?

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 07:26:13 (permalink)
maplesyrup
What are you using for lures, Bob? When you hook the big one, do you get a free ride around the pond? 

Maple, I use a walmart child's fishing pole, $10.00, since it is small enough to work in a small kayak. I get my lures from the same company as Wiley E Coyote. This very lure in the 1/4 to 2/5 ounce size/ Chrome with blue. 

A couple I caught two days ago actually did pull the kayak for a little bit!!!! You just lean against the pull a little bit and let it tire the fish out!

I have another lure, that I bought as a kid, called a hootenanny. Top water lure that I'll resort to if the fish are biting and jumping but it's weedy. I can't find them these days, but they bring the fish in! What a rush when a fish attacks that lure on the surface! I had one hit at it just as I twitched the line, he missed, but came back around and chomped on it. I mean, they attack that lure. But I prefer Wiley E. Coyote's spoon. Seems to work everywhere, every time. (Plus I can buy another if I lose it). I keep about 6 with me at all times, to share with my fishing buddies. 

I did find a picture of a hootenany, only my favorite is red front, white with glitter for the rear:

post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/06/13 09:36:02

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 09:44:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Pouring down rain here... 
Glad that I did most of the errand running yesterday.
I have nada... just the usual chores.  
Wishing everyone a great day!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 10:15:45 (permalink)
Good (mid) morning
Garage door fixer people just left. It was a broken spring. Way above our do-it-yourself level. All fixed, YAY!

Spent the morning before they arrived trimming some trees that had low hanging branches that whacked me in the face when I mowed. Have a cart full of branches, time to unload and move on to the next tree that needs trimming. About 5 more to go. Going up to 80 today, but brisk NW wind is keep the sweat dry.

Have a fun weekend, Sir Syrup. Keep your Powder dry!
MB, how did things go at the endodontist?
Have a beautiful day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 12:37:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy
Good (mid) morning
Garage door fixer people just left. It was a broken spring. Way above our do-it-yourself level. All fixed, YAY!

Had the same thing last month.  Expensive!
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 12:49:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Have a good time reenacting MS!

Lures from Acme?  LOL.

Busy today at work.  Must earn, must earn

Gorgeous flower arrangement you made Cindy
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 13:11:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Wednesday

Cindy...I learned my lesson Sunday about not trimming low branches. There was a dead branch hiding and it caught me on the side of my neck and scraped down my chest. TMI and cover your ears boys, my poor left boob has been every color in the rainbow since. And it still hurts. No puncture wounds thankfully. 

I guess this is my Friday. Off tomorrow and on call the weekend. Yuck. And it's supposed to be in the 90's.

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 16:09:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful pictures Cindy, thanks. Isn't it about time for your other cataract surgery?

PJ, when is your trip to NOLA?

Badger that bear is scary and seems too attracted to your place.

MB, hope all went well at the dentist.

Hope the Bernster checks in sometime this week but sure would not blame him if he doesn't.

Nice weather here most of the week, supposed to drop down into mid 60s Friday. Laundry tomorrow.
Developed a problem swallowing 3 months or so ago. Have to cut food into real small bites and chew well and eat slowly and refrain from chowing into my favorites like fried chicken and cheeseburgers. If I am not careful the food either goes down the wrong way or gets caught in my throat and it is a scary sensation until I can get rid of the problem. Will ask the Dr. about it when I see her in early July but does not sound like something medicine can fix.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 16:13:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  A beautiful weather day  78 and sunny now with no humidity.  Yesterday was quite the experience with two root canals.  Ran into an issue with the one tooth the periodontist wanted to extract.  Told Endodontist that I wanted to save the tooth. Unfortunately one of the roots is totally exposed due to the severity of bone loss.  Will need to go back to have that surgically removed in July.  He did a cone beam scan and said the other roots had plenty of bone and medicated the tooth was antibiotics.  He feels fairly confident the tooth can be saved if the exposed root is removed.  Then walked down to Periodontist office down the hall the explained current situation.  Of course, he is on vaca after my visit to him last Friday and the other one leaves for Rome next week.  Told both offices to have these two doctors confer and get back to me for their joint opinion.  Got home at 5 and was completely exhausted.  Novocaine finally wore off about 7 and a few beers were had.  Sorry for the mundane boring toothy update but thanks for asking.  

MapleSyrup, have a great trip to Monmouth anniversary.  Safe travels and Happy Father's Day to you. 

Bob, men and their lures kinda like tools.  

Badger, you sure get up early.  Ouch.  Any more bear issues?

PJ, you've really gotten hit with the rain.  Ugh.  Hope this new job works out for your daughter and she is happy.

Cindy, beautiful garden bouquet.  What a special vase.  Your weigela looks healthy.  Glad you got the spring fixed.

BeachBilly, darn dead tree branch.  Hope you cut it off and taught it a lesson.  Happy Friday and enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Hey Crunchie, hope the rest of your week goes well.  Almost the weekend.

Bernie, we miss you.  Hope you are having a great time, ya mon.

Edit:  Hola Jamie, yes please discuss the swallowing issue/sensation with your doctor.  Hugs.

Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/06/13 16:15:30

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/13 19:21:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Jamie--Sorry to hear of your swallowing problem.  Personally I would not wait until July to see the doctor.  A piece could get caught and no one might not be around to give you help.  Just my 2 cents.  Atleast call and see what she says. Best of luck with it.  
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 04:51:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
BB, I know it HURT, but I had to chuckle over your injury. Had a similar incident about 2 years ago. Had this weed tree (never could identify it) that when it started out I thought was a mulberry. I like mulberries, so I left it alone. It turned into the tree from hell. Would sprout branches from everywhere, I'd cut them and 5 more would come out. It was right on the edge of the property and once as I mowed I got a little too close. Tore my tshirt, scratched and drew blood, same boob as your colorful one. I vowed it would die. Son worked on it with our little electric chainsaw...hardly made a dent in it. Every cut he left on it I sprayed with roundup. Just kept growing. Last fall when Paul and Babs visited, he brought his giant manly Paul Bunyan chainsaw, and a very confident attitude. Even he admitted afterward it was some of the heaviest, most dense wood he had ever encountered. But the devil tree is gone now and I am eternally grateful. And my boobs are grateful too.

Jamie, yes, do tell the doctor. But I do think you are on the right track, eating slower and chewing well. I sometimes have a similar thing happen. Don't eat much fried food, but sometimes if I cave and have fried shrimp, or a rich meat (like prime rib) it is almost like my throat convulses and says watch it, girl! 

MB, I hope the tooth can be saved. What a nightmare. Will pray for a good outcome.

Today is final post-op on right eye, tomorrow I begin the pre-surgery eye drops on left eye, Monday is the surgery. Looking forward to getting it over with.

First order of business is getting the Thurs. laundry done.
Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 05:15:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Grateful Boobs, it's Thirstday.

Still no time to catch up, but lotsa rain moving in tomorrow, so I should be able to then.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 07:02:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
We need rain Paul.  Send it here.

MB - that does sound nightmarish. I hope they at least gave you a few pain pills.  I hate getting tooth stuff done.  Painful on the wallet, mentally, and physically.  Hope they can save that tooth.  I really regret letting a dentist in AZ talk me into letting them shave down my too front teeth and cap them.  Really wish I had gotten a 2nd opinion.  I want a whole set of new real teeth.  Dream on.

Jamie - do you have GERD? that might have caused damage.  If not then I would not wait and go see the doctor sooner.

Cindy - finally.  Monday and done!

My car started making noise yesterday.  Tomas thinks it is the rear shocks and/or suspension.  Are they the same thing?  Anyway, need to try to get it fixed without missing too much work.  We shall see.

BB - it would be nice if you could find a way to semi-retire and no more on-call. Hoping things work out so you can retire even if you have to do something else for a little extra money.

PJ - I have more chores for you if you get bored

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/14 07:28:42 (permalink)
Howdy folks. Last night, I replanted some tomatoes and added a few other plants (Brussel sprouts!!!). When I first planted the tomatoes, the temps shot up to 92 and toasted most of them. About 1/3 came back, so we took our smaller seedlings and kept growing them, hardened them a little more and planted. It rained last night after we watered, and watered again this morning. Looks like we'll have tomatoes. Strawberries are about in, and blueberries are coming in behind them! 

I am adding some filtering to my HVAC system. My g/f took the return air grill off near the kitchen to wash it, and found the inside of the duct work had a build up of grease. She cleaned that as well. So I ordered some filter grills to trap the grease and the biggest stuff before it gets in the grill. I still have my Merv 13 filter near the air handler, but I see no need to let the ductwork get dirty. 

On tap for today: I am going to hike Mt. Will, a small local trail about a half hour away with a friend. He's hiked it before, but I haven't. Bringing bug spray.... But a nice sunny partly cloudy day today!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..771772773774775.. > >> Showing page 771 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5