Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..766767768769770.. > >> Showing page 770 of 859
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8276
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 08:23:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Be up since before the sun rise.
Yet another beautiful morning.  Don't know how long this is going to last until the rain comes again. 
But I am loving it!  
Didn't do much yesterday.  Just enjoyed day.  Did make it to local grocery store to stock up on few things. 
Gotta have doggie treats!  Didn't do the big shopping.  Just didn't feel like it.  So I didn't.
Saw a few pics on FB from niece's wedding.  Looked lovely and family was having great time at the reception.
Interesting part of the ceremony was the bride and groom planted a tree together in a large pot.
I am guessing the tree will eventually be planted in the yard of their home. 
The niece has a degree in environmental studies.  Works for the State of Illinois Green Initiative. 
The wedding was held at a huge garden center.   That also does weddings. 
Has beautiful gardens and water features.  Perfect for wedding photos.  

Frank, HGTV episode is... Colorado Millennial Goes Tiny.  Season 4, Episode 25

Uphill,  Beautiful pictures.  So very sorry for your sister's loss.

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/06/10 09:04:31

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 08:33:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Bright sunny skies this AM. Looks like another great day along the coast. Current temp is 76F at 8:16 with an expected high of 86 degrees.

Had scrambled eggs and toast at Nell's for lunch yesterday. Simple and enjoyable. I then went to the boat yard to cover the Lillie Mae with the tarp. Afterwards I got the rest of the bills paid on-line and by 4:30 headed over to Keith & Debbie's condo for hot dogs, brats and beer. They had to be there most of the day to clean their condo for the next beach rental; they only do weekly rentals in-season but one of their good vacation customer couldn't start until Sunday ( today ). So they got it all cleaned up and invited me and two couples to have a few beers with grilled dogs/brats. Debbie used paper plates and plastic-ware and all stuff went into a big ole lawn bag. Everyone left at 8 o'clock. Keith,Debbie and Bryan stayed to do last minute clean up and then they headed back to Bryan's house, which is their place to live during rental season. They are making some good retirement income this way. Anyway, it was nice to meet some of their friends and chit chat while relaxing.

Today will be relaxing around my house. About the only thing on my agenda is to group all of my clothing together for packing tomorrow.

Holly, I would like to see some pictures of your new Mexican style pottery when you have it all in place. Your mini pool party to watch the Belmont sounded like fun. You can use some more fun in your future......and eating a ton of food !

jj, sad about your close coworker friend.  I sent a little prayer her way.  That sounds like a LOT of boxes for just two people !!  You two been hording stuff for how long ? I don't envy your task to go through them. Yes, there will be a giant garage sale in your future and then donation time. Thank you for fun wishes in Jamaica. Any place that has a warm beach with soft sand is my cup of tea....or should I say mug of beer. Since it's so common in Jamaica, I will try a little medical weed as well. Ha !

Yes I do, Frank.

Good score for your children on the Grand Caravan. I bought a new one back in 1991 and it was a great family vehicle, especially on long road trips. My kids loved it when they were little.

Thank you, PJ. I plan to enjoy myself especially since it's a new destination for me. I'm a little apprehensive about the hoards of vendors trying to 'hawk' their wares. I'll just say 'no thanks mon'
That's an interesting job shift for SC but I can understand her wanting to get away from the hotel biz.

Badger, good that Babs likes to fish with you. Always nice to have a fishing buddy along. Good company when the fishing is a bit slow and one care share stores together.

Bob, nice pictures of those smooth boulders in the runoff creek area. Thanks for posting them.
Sorry for the loss your sister is going through. Prayer sent for her.

I've been goofing off here. Coffee long gone. Got lost lost in Fox News for a while with all the talk about the N. Korean meeting. See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 11:03:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo

Frank, HGTV episode is... Colorado Millennial Goes Tiny.  Season 4, Episode 25

Thanks PJ!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 11:05:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie

Yes I do, Frank.

Lucky her.  Everyone can use a hug now and then!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 11:10:04 (permalink)
janjon

Frank.  I don’t know how I missed that you lost Maya.  I am so sorry.  She was beautiful.  What happened?

JJ--She ate some poisonous mushrooms she found in the yard.  Liver gave out.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 17:37:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Busy day but a good one.  Phil drove out at 7:45 and picked me up.  We headed to his place in Ramsey and visited with SIL Holly and then he was off to work with start time at noon.  Holly headed over to Chilli's in Maplewood and hooked up with my sister, her daughter, brother Paul and Brother Kurt and his wife.  We were celebrating my sister's BD which was on Friday.  She is 14 months older than myself.  She had a good time and I have not seen her for almost a year.  Then Holly drove me home, we visited a bit more and I gifted her my brand new Oxxo salad spinner which was sitting in storage downstairs.  They love to garden and she liked the gift. I know she will use it for her leaf lettuce which is about ready for the first cutting.  Yesterday was a steady light rain all day, about an inch, so I finally got busy and did the dreaded house dusting.  I will need to finish lower level, but I will tackle that tomorrow.

Bob, sorry to hear about your sister's longtime partner.  Such a sad time for her.  Does she live reasonably close to you?  Thanks for the pics.

Twirls, good on you.  Keeping chowing down and beef up chica. 

JJ, you've been working hard in that heat.  Will be so nice to be done with it.  Tedious for sure.  Hopefully, your Mom's vision will continue to improve.

Bernie, sure is nice when you have circle of friends that extend an invite.  Now, get packing.

Badger, great that Babs loves to fish as well.  I find it to be relaxing when fishing and can out fish the guys the majority of time.  Being on the water is always therapeutic. My brother Phil purchased a small 16 footer and is redoing the guts of the boat; new wood floor, carpeting, new swivel seats.  Think he picks up the new motor tomorrow.  He is super excited to get the boat ready and in the water.  He was trying to get me on his new John Deere rider this morning.  A whole lot nicer than my dinosaur and so quiet. I'm still on the fence about buying one.

Hola to everyone else I've missed.  Sama, MB

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 18:01:12 (permalink)
Back home. We left about 9 Am to visit my sister, an hour and a half away. Turns out she was in church until 1 PM. See!!! See what happens when you visit unannounced!!! LOL! Anyways, we did a little driving around, very pretty in her area and came back at 1. Just wanted to chat with her and give her a hug. Being Sunday, not much can be done today as far as arrangements, but tomorrow after work she'll address that. She wants (and needs) to work, to give her mind something to focus on. 

She has her hands full now with cleanup, he was a hoarder. She'll need to sell after probate. I suggested burn the wood, salvage the metal, hopefully she can make a little off the junk cars or they'll take em for the title and scrap em. The house is in need of much repair. I suggested to her that either she does a complete repair job and sell it as a turnkey project or do nothing and let the next owner do it all, and the selling price will reflect it either way. If she does half the repairs, she'll never get her money back. I doubt she has a way to finance the remodel, even I help out a lot. 

I told her one thing at a time, as you feel like it. I'm available, just give a call. I'm retired with time on my hands. No rush, when she feels like it. As we left, I told I just wanted to come up and chat and give her a hug. She seems okay. Dealing with it. It was not unexpected. Still a change in life. She'll get er done, I'm sure. She has a vacation coming up June 23. Hopefully she finds some me time in there. 

On a different note, I did a little fishing while she was at church. Skunked!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 18:28:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Today. Wanted to try on GaGa's readers.

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/06/10 19:02:12

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13332
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 18:32:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob, going to send you a PM regarding several things.

Evening all

Had afternoon pool guests but it's so hot that everyone was kinda burnt out, literally, (although the house is always open) so they left early.  I was feeling pretty good and had 5 thin boneless pork chops so I had planned pork piccatta with Angel hair pasta and sauteed veggies.  Along with brown butter scallops and salad.  No one left to cook for but me so I froze 4 choplettes.  I'm cooking anyway.

A POP UP short road trip in a friend's new RV has been presented so Jan and I are going to New Mexico for the ride along.  Leaving next weekend.  Should be FUN.  Another possible fly and drive trip in the works with Cammie and Angie.   As long as I can hold up and hang on....I'm going to take advantage of all possibilities.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 18:41:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)

This one was taken back in early May. Sweet.

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/06/10 19:00:38

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/10 20:53:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy--You have an absolutely adorable grandbaby!  You are spoiling her rotten, aren't you?
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 04:29:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Thank you, Frank. I agree. But no, I do not wish to spoil her. I would hope she grows to be a strong, independent woman.

Recently, a new "restaurant" (in quotes because I use the word restaurant lightly) opened in town. DIL was excited to see it, a chain I had never heard of, Pizza Ranch. She and son had been to them before in South Dakota and Iowa. There have been lines out the door since it opened on the site of a long derelict Ponderosa building (which we used to refer to as Pondegrossa ) Anyway, we took the kids there yesterday. I hope to never darken their door again. Think I will call it Pizza Blech. They enjoyed it, Chris and I both felt rather queasy the rest of the evening. Cloyingly sweet sauce. Fried chicken was ok, but it turned my stomach to see people covering their chicken with a gluey-looking sausage gravy. Just...no. We all went together in their new Caravan because our garage door quit on us.  Worked on it when we got home, tightened chain, loosened chain, repeat, repeat...then it wouldn't connect with the pulley mechanism. Gave up. Pushed door up manually. Left open all night so Chris can get to work this morning. Calling a repair or replace man this morning. What a pita. All in all, not a good day, except for the grandkids time. DiDi is finally warming up to Chris. Think he is now PopPop.

If it dries out today, the lawn ranger will ride again. Grass is Ireland green and lush and long. First laundry.

Twirls, mmm. Scallops. I would have stayed to eat with you!
JJ, I feel your pain. I dread the day when we have to clean out the attic. Lot of stuff up there I haven't seen since 1985. Shudder.
Everyone have a great day!
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/06/11 04:31:16

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 05:17:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Independent Women, it's Moanday.

$#@&ing bear was here last night, went out to my shop about an hour ago and the recycle bin near it had been tipped over and contents strewn everywhere.

Didi sure is getting big.
That release for the garage door opener should be an easy fix, just get up on a ladder and fiddle with it until it locks back in place, then run the opener.

Bernie, what time is your flight tomorrow? I'm sure you'll take lots of pix for those of us stuck at home.

Twirls, I'm a little jealous of all of the trips you have planned.

MB, I have heard nothing but good things about John Deere mowers, especially the newer ones.

Got some chores done yesterday morning, took a nap and then did something I seldom do, binge watched TV for about 5 hours, the Travel channel was featuring episodes of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations shows that I had never seen before. I credit Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods with helping me to try more foods outside my comfort zone. RIP Tony Bourdain.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29010
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 07:05:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
That Didi is adorable.

Have a great trip Bernie.

Chow down and enjoy adventures Twirley.

PJ - so proud of SC.  She figured out what she did and didn't want from a job and then went out and got what she wanted BEFORE quitting the old job.  Smart.

JJ - just blech.  Get rid of that stuff.  Hope the job search goes well this week.

Bob - I am sure your support meant a lot to your sister.

Well.................dad spent 329k on a condo in the same area and is super excited because no steps and beautiful golf course views and he can keep all his art.  Totally impractical and horrible financial decision, but if it makes him happy then ok.  I am trying to embrace acceptance
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 07:37:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Few clouds blowing up the coast this AM but it will be a great day with 88 degrees on the beach. The current temp is 77F at 7:22.

Yesterday was getting ready to pack and today is change the hummer food, top off the bird feeders, and PACK for the trip.  I think the only reason to leave the house today is add some gas to the truck.

Badger, flight leaves Myrtle Beach airport at 7:45. It's a 45 minute drive from the house and then I have to do the long-term parking plus get through the TSA line. That A/A flight seems to get crowded for some reason.  Sorry about that bear but he/she seems to be very concerned about your recycling efforts. Inspector bear ?

Cindy, never heard of the Pizza Ranch; is it like a Golden Corral ?  I try to avoid those places. Thanks for the cute pictures of Miss DiDi.

Holly, short trip ?  I'm only guessing but that one way trip might be over 12 hours in a RV ? Hope your body can take it.  Hope you have some fun.

Bob, your Sister sounds like she does have quite the task ahead for her. How far away does she live so you can help with the clean up of the property ?

MB, yesterday sounded very busy for you. You gave your SIL your salad spinner ? What's the matter, don't you like her or do you have something against the salad spinner ? hee,hee. Only joking with you.
I believe Badger's opinion about John Deere mowers is spot on.  If you get serious about one, I suggest you go with a hydrostatic model and get the 'garden tractor'. Check them out at a John Deere dealership. They are not cheap but the garden tractors have a heavy duty frame and support a snow plow blade if you decide to use one.

Thank you, Crunch. I intend to enjoy myself and will limit my beach strolls to day time hours and hopefully with a small group of folks. Well if the condo gives your Dad a comfortable place to enjoy, it can't be all bad.

Time to get moving. Might be able to do a quick "hi/bye" tomorrow morning.
I'll miss you guys !
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 09:38:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wanted weigh in John Deeres. I love mine. It has a lot of miles on it now, but still does the job. Agree with Bernie on both points: get the tractor and go to a dealership. 1st point, because it is versatile. You can pull a trailer/cart or as Bernie said, add a plow attachment,etc. We had a zero turn Simplicity for a while, and I hated it. Going around trees, etc. tore up the lawn no matter how slow I was going. 2nd point, because places like Home Depot do sell John Deeres, but they are a lesser quality made for them so they can sell cheaper. Have heard from many who went that route they are not as reliable or long lasting as the official JDs you would get from a JD dealer. Last week at the Post we were chatting with a couple at the bar. He had recently retired from the JD plant in Horicon, Wi. (about 20 minutes west of us). Told him I had a 325 and he said nice! that's a great model! Then told him how my Dad ONLY had JDs. At least once a year he would line them up in the yard, (barnyard, that is) smallest to largest and take a photo. We kids often felt there were more tractor pictures than kid pictures. None of us ever had a tricycle; we had a pedal JD, always included in the photo. Sometimes even an Ertel toy JD was in the picture. Guy at the bar said the plant always had photos on the walls of JDs and their proud owners, he would have loved to see my Dad's photos. In short, MB, if Dad was still around, he would tell you: NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE!

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 10:28:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all

Jay was a DEERE man too.  

Bernie, have fun and safe travels.  I'll try to do the same.

Didi, is a cutie.  I loved wearing grandma's glasses.

Blasted bear!  Watch yourself!  

JJ, sorry about your friend.  We all may learn about our time limit at some point.  Others will be taken by surprise but none of us get out of this alive.  Not sure if I want to know or not.  I don't get to make the choice anyway so I try not to think about it.

Bob, do you know the situation with recreational MJ use in Maine.  I know that you won't have first hand information, but in general.  I don't seem to be finding answers about visitor's from out of state buying products.  Are there hoops jump like seeing a Dr.or is it like CO with a daily limit for out of state people?  Internet information seems vague.  And also about types of products available.

I've now paused off and on dragging this out for over an hour.
I've made calls to complain about my bedroom floor still having a big stain that wasn't removed by refinishing.  I didn't know until the floors were dry and they never said a word about it.  Also haven't received the contract for the caterer for July 4th.  And need to get the tires checked on my HHR.   It's vibrating since they were rotated.   Also need to arrange delivery of bedroom furniture for the guest rooms.  I bought 2 night tables and a vanity and they have been holding them.  Still need to decide on bed(s)  for the room.  Much to do.  
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 10:41:38 (permalink)
Today's action, and it isn't half over yet. I've re-homed 3 chipmunks with the dog all giddy as I release them. I've done a full workout, did an hour's weeding in the blueberry and flower gardens, and goofed off here!

I ordered my LP gas for the year. I own my LP tank, so I can shop around better. I've already saved enough in 4 years to pay for the tank, and that is not even taking into account the extra high mid winter pricing I am able to avoid, because my tank will last me almost two years, if I pushed it. I buy it when it is cheapest, in the Summer, although this year, you just never know, prices are volatile. Saved 40 cents a gallon, for about 175 gallons.  About a $70.00 savings this time. (One popular LP provider here charges double, which would put the savings at $770.00! I suspect my G/F may want to trade LP suppliers if they are going to charge her that much.)

Bernie, my sister lives about 1 1/2 hours away. Biggest thing that would need to be done is called clean up. She has a working Kubota tractor, and about 2 dozen dead garden tractors scattered across the property. Fortunately, the Kubota has a good sized bucket on it. I counted half a dozen dead powered wheel chairs on site, in plain sight. All kinds of metal. I mean all kinds. I suspect a 30 yard dumpster would get pretty well filled up. Working on the buildings, I'd need a clean area to work from. There is stuff piled up against the buildings. Several old campers would have to go. I mean, it is a mess. For now, just giving her space, a shoulder and hugs. She needs to work thru everything, including a new plan for her life. 

Speaking of tractors, I agree with Cindy about buying a tractor from a dealer, not a box store. I didn't get a Deere, though I wanted to. Simply put, I could buy 2 Husqvarnas for the price of a Deere. I've lived my whole life not wanting to pay for the Cadillac, wouldn't cheap out for the Volkswagon, a Pontiac or Buick would work just fine. Dad had a simplicity that lasted the rest of his 37 years and was sold to landscaper. So anyways, I had ordered my tractor, and was at Home Depot, and their tractor, with the same size mower bed, was half the price!!! Of course, I was having a snowblower put on it, so that added some $$$$. Then I took a better look, My mower bed is lifetime warranty not to rust out, 1/4" thick, Big box store is essentially sheet metal. Tires are smaller, frame is lighter, etc....

I think I need to go fishing this afternoon. 

Lovin life,
Bob

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 13:27:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB--Definitely go to a dealership or buy a used one that came from a dealership.  Bernie offers good advice on getting the hydrostatic shift.  No shifting gears.  All done with your foot and pushing a lever up for horsepower.  Bought mine from a gal that used to work at a dealership and was getting a divorce.  It's what they call a utility tractor.  Notice the smaller wheels.  Works out just right for me.  Didn't need the backhoe, have only used it 4 times in 14 years. But it comes off as does the bucket.  Can put a belly mower on it if I wanted to. It's a 1998 955 and only had 90 hours on it when I bought it in 2004.  Would not sell it unless I was buying a new one.  As for the Home Depot tractors, they are not made to the same specs.  A lot of product sold by HD is made just for them and is not the same quality you expect from a brand name.  Moen faucets are a good example.  Made out of plastic instead of metal like you would expect when you hear Moen.

My Baby!

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1860
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 18:09:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening. 71 and light rain showers. Ran a few errands mid-morning and then back home to finish dusting lower level, clean two bathroom and a load of wash. Axel mowed the lawn mid-afternoon and I did the trimming with the exception of the cedar posts. Did around all tress, landscaping and house. Started to sprinkle so I quickly blew the garage out, sidewalk, and driveway. Great timing. Thanks all for your personal reviews of the JD lawn tractors. Interesting how the dealership equipment varies from the big box stores.  Made me think of many Mexican friend complaints about the quality of cars sold in Mexico compared to the models made elsewhere.  Totally different, but not so much the pricing.  

Cindy, DiDi is an adorable princess but don't let on as strong and independent women fare well.  Pizza Ranch is in MN too.  Yuck, not my cup of tea.  Never been, but I am not big on that type of stuff; i.e., buffet and all you can eat.  I will, however, go to only one buffet in MN for their prime rib on Saturdays.  Family run business with huge reputation for quality and 50 years of experience. Tinucci's In Newport, MN.  Back in the day, I could do 5 passes of prime.  Now......probably one.  I'm planning to take brother Paul and Niece Christine there as a thank you for all their help on MX land sale.  It's an old time supper club feel.

Frank, that is quite the John Deere.  I'm thinking a much smaller unit should I proceed. 

Hi Badger. Wonder if that is the same bear that keeps coming around? What a mess with the recycle bin.  Poop.

Twirls, the scallops sound delicious. Do you ever wrap them in bacon?  So yummy.  Have a great time on your RV adventure.

Bernie, safe travels tomorrow and a fun adventure.  Forgot to mention, that was a cute pick of Freddie.

Bob, feel badly about your sister.  That's a whole lot to deal with beyond the death of a life partner.  So glad you can be there for her. Perhaps a good things she is getting away soon and has time for herself.

PJ, look forward to an update on new job for SC.  Really hope this works out for her and she can spend more time with you and SJ and sounds like she is headed in the right direction about life choices or should I say balance.  My niece recently changed jobs and so far all good. Always that transitional part of learning the ropes with a new organization.

Crunchie, really hoping your Dad's decision on condo works out and he has access to meal availability which seemed to be an earlier issue of concern.  Hugs.

Hi to all I've missed.  Be well and prayers to all that are ailing and in need.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/06/11 18:18:54

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 19:20:27 (permalink)
Oh my Holly, I missed your post and have been out..... fishing!!! As far as marijuana use in Maine. You can light up, pretty much anywhere you can smoke a cigarette. But.... it's also kinda treated like having a beer, no public consumption, but ..... Basically, law enforcement is turning a blind eye to it, except for operating under the influence. The state hasn't finalized any regulations, and you'd think they'd want to because one of the regs is taxing it!!!! You are able to grow up to 18 plants right in your front yard, under these provisos, which I think have been modified or are about to. 6 full grown plants, ready to harvest. 6 plants that are budding and not ready for harvest, and 6 seedlings. That way you are always on top of keeping yourself supplied. Many towns have placed a moratorium on smoking lounges (Similar to a bar for alcohol) and store sales. I know our town's policy will be a copy of state law, once the state folks figure it out. Many smaller towns will do just that. Some of the bigger towns had smoking lounges and stores set up the day after the vote, too fast for the town to place a moratorium, so they are currently grandfathered. Some towns are pursuing legal action to stop such places. (waste of time, IMO). So anyways, you can come to Maine and pretty much do what you want with MJ. 

Fishing today was .... pretty good! What have we got here in this net?

This guy needs to get bigger

Those aren't helicopters flying around me, the dragonflies were my constant companion

And then I caught this guy, a little bigger, but not as big as the one that got away!

Here is my girlfriend's dog, Bella

She is certain I caught that fish just for her!

And we saw this guy out there as well amidst all the jumping fish.

All in all a pretty relaxing day fishing!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 20:19:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

Busy day for many here.  I  went to the tire store to find out about the vibration in my HHR.  Apparently when the tires were rotated at the car dealer during a regular service, they didn't use the right tire balancing weights so when the tire dealer removed my hubcaps, weights fell out.  DUH.  PROBLEM SOLVED for $12.00.  I'm thankful.
Then I went to my favorite cheaper furniture store and picked up the 2 night stands.  I didn't have room for the vanity in my car.  I'll get it later.  I still haven't decided on a queen or 2 twin beds in one of the guest rooms.  The advantage to a queen bed is that it would fit in any bedroom.  I could always use it in my room, if my mattress starts bothering me, and I'm not sure if it isn't part of the problem.    The only advantage of the twins is comfort for guests... wanting a king bed or separate beds in the same room..  However I do have 3 guest rooms so individual sleeping is no problem but not in the same room.  Plus the 2 twins are more expensive.  WHAT TO DO?  Need to decide soon.  Opinions please.  Not that this is a trending world problem but...  Lurkers welcome to comment too!
Back home and my niece was here cleaning.  She let Pearl out of her kennel and Pearl escaped through the garage...   shortly after both the custom closet guy and the carpenter, with the painter also shows up.  Somewhere during this time, I realized it was MEDS DAY and I took my first round (and started hurting bad about 2 & 1/2  hours later).  I finally got both projects looked at, explained what I wanted and now I'm waiting to hear the price of each of those jobs.  The carpenter should be here next week and will (hopefully) finish details in each room by room.
I did get time to eat a quick late lunch and have a short rest then I realized that it was PUPPY SCHOOL DAY .  AND MY CAR IS FULL OF FURNITURE!!!  My neighbor and I got the night stands into the living room, where they will sit until someone more muscular moves them to the far bedroom.  I barely made it through PUPPY SCHOOL tonight.  The walking in circles game of SIMON SAYS of sit, lay down and stay got REALLY OLD,  REALLY FAST for both myself and Pearl.  I had forgotten and fed her a couple of hours before school so treats were not much of a motivation.
Finally home and a glass of wine in hand.

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4438
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/11 23:02:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Our heartfelt condolences go out to Martha and Gary, you are in our thoughts.
John and Renee
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 05:11:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good. Morning Puppies, it's Twosday.

Twirls, I think I would call that dealership and let them know about those wheel weights, that could be a serious problem for someone else's vehicle. Would love to see some pix when your house is done.

Smooth flights Bernie!

Bernie and MB, I'm pretty sure that it is the male bear that tipped over the recycle bin because Babs saw him during the day recently while she was outside. We do rinse everything that goes into the bin, but bears have such a strong sense of smell that even a tiny, tiny bit of food may attract them.

Crunch, if your Dad is happy, well, that's not a bad thing is it? How is Tomas doing??

I operated large John Deere logging equipment for about 20 years and although there were a couple of design flaws in some of them they were pretty darn reliable. But we always said "Runs like a deer, smells like a john!".

Hi Renee, how are you and John doing?

PJ?

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/06/12 05:52:07 (permalink)
Badger, I keep my garbage cans in the (attached) garage, in the furthest corner from the house, with the lid on. I only fill the can about every 3 weeks, it can get pretty rank, so in Summer, it gets emptied a lot more often (I have to drive to the transfer station). But with the bears around here, inside the garage is the only answer. Apparently, the bear doesn't have a taste for my grill or compost bin, but it likes my bird feeder. Took down the pole once, didn't after I put a schedule 44 galvanized pipe up and filled it full of rebar and concrete, but it did shake the bird feeder off and destroyed it. Bears..... They were here first. 

Twirley, I am thinking if you have 3 guest rooms, one of them with a double bed would work out just fine. I have two guest rooms, one kids bedroom with a pair of twin beds, and an adult bedroom with a queen bed. I also have a fold out couch in the sitting room in case of extra kids. 

Today, I am joining a local school classroom, doing their part to help mark a trail we built last year. They'll be painting blazes on trees to and setting signs. I'll be using the lopping shears and clearing a "tunnel" thru the branches, just as high as I can reach, as there is snow in the winter and the trails needs head room with the snow pack. 

Today is voting day, I need to leave early and vote before the trail work. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..766767768769770.. > >> Showing page 770 of 859
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5