Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..756757758759760.. > >> Showing page 757 of 838
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 09:22:01 (permalink)
+1 (5)
I had to take a break so I posted rather than lose it.

Cammie was saying we should kill it because it was probably rabid.  She was bragging that SHE could shoot it.  She has a conceal and carry permit.  She got her gun.  A 38.  But she was too far away and not at the right angle to hit it without blasting a hole in my house.  I was trying to tell her where to position herself.   She decided that her 38 was too big so I sent her in the house for my 22.  I went to alert the next door neighbor know what was going on.  Meanwhile the dog owner and the neighbors across the street came out.  It was 5 pm and people were arriving home.  Cammie had my 22 but would NOT GET CLOSE ENOUGH in the best position because SHE WAS AFRAID OF THE POSSUM.  GIVE ME THE DARN GUN.  by now I had an audience.  So I'm out there dressed to the 9's, whatever that means?,  crouching down by a bush and waving a gun, while the neighbors gather to watch the crazy woman.  I shot 4 times because the possum never moved.  I didn't hit the house but wasn't sure I shot the possum.  Finally it started moving but it went towards next door so I couldn't shoot again.  I got a stick and chased it.  It went to the neighbors front porch and laid there.  Naturally I had inform the neighbor that the possum was dying by her door and apologize for the mess.  I had hit it all 4 times!  By then I was late for dinner so I put the gun away and got in the car.  A nice neighbor guy, who admired my shooting, said he would dispose of the possum after he was sure it was dead.  Cammie was still shaking and LOL.  I drove off and left my shocked and admiring neighbors standing in the street discussing the event.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 09:28:45 (permalink)
+1 (5)
I can almost hear the gossip about town this morning.  I have been known as the crazy woman who keeps building going in her house for 5 years.  I'm sure that shooting a gun while dressed up has added some spice to the story.
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13679
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 10:07:22 (permalink)
+1 (5)
Well done Twirley! If they are going to gossip, you might as well give them something interesting - action too!
Hope dinner was good.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 11:15:06 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Good morning BCers!
Rain passed through Memphis yesterday.  Still cloudy today.
Looks like I am to remain in Memphis until Sunday.   Maybe longer. 
We were to suppose to meet SJ in Jackson around noon and then I could
go home with him after work.  But that is not working out.  
Might as well tell you all... SC has some health problems going on.  Not sure what it is or
even how to describe her problem.  She gets momentary electrical tingling like jolt on the entire left side of her
body.  Started out just once in awhile.  Now happens many times a day.  Doesn't stop her from working
or doing what she needs to do.  Just irritating.  Worrisome as the number of episodes increase.
She is scheduled for MRI at 2 pm today.  
Already had a EEG test.  She did have two momentary tingle episode during EEG test. 
Which she was glad of ... so they would show up on test.   
To say the least I am worried.    

Bernie,  All the best to your sister as she steps into her new life and home.
Love the resort landscape and flower pics.

Twirls,  LOL  Give em something to talk about.  

Uphill,  Wonderful snorkel pics!  

Cindy,  Have fun pulling weeds... hope you have one of those dandelion pullers to make it easier.

MB,  Glad you are getting some beautiful warm days.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 14:08:33 (permalink)
+1 (3)
PJ, I'm so sorry to hear that about SC.  Please give her my best and I'll say some prayers.  I can imagine you ALL are worried sick.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 14:27:53 (permalink)
+1 (3)
PJ---Sorry to hear about the jolts SC is getting.  Get them myself.  For what it is worth, I take Ropinirole for it.  It is really for my restless legs but seems to work when I jet the jolts.  Best of luck and prayers will be said.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 15:19:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, I'm sure you're all worried to death, but hopefully it will be something simple and easy to take care of. Please keep us updated! Hugs.

Wag more....bark less.
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2505
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 16:24:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh gosh, Pj! I can imagine how worried you all must be! Sending best wishes to SC, you & SJ.
Hope the weather turns in your favor.

My condolences to you, MB, on your BIL's passing. To you and Cindy - Spring arrived while we were away with 70+ temps; yesterday, I mowed and trimmed. 3rd of an acre took two hours, with a cerveza break at the 60 minute mark. Had to use the weed trimmer in the back yard just to get it down to where the mower could manage the height! Dandelions? Meh. They usually succumb to the first pass of the mower, but if not, there is always next week...

Hand guns are notoriously inaccurate, Twirls. Don't I remember you from a Charlie's Angels episode?Another Twirley Story for the book! When I was a wee lad, Mum tried to off a rat caught in a trap by one foot, with Pappa's 22 revolver...from six feet away, she couldn't hit it. 
Good to hear that Pearl is growing up attitude wise. A well trained pup is such a joy to have. Talk to Mona about the gadget she got for her little barker...

Prayers sent for your kitty, BB. Bummer on the trip nix. Friends of ours over the mountain, have done that for aging parents four times that I can recall. On the way to the airport, phone rings, and one time, just a few days into the vacation. 

Looks like you had a good stay on Coz, BeBe.  We're thinking another trip there would be fun. Have stayed at the Cozumel Resort just South of town twice. Walking distance to town, inexpensive for an AI, but it has it's "cons". Great pictures! I'll throw some up on the TR forum when I get a chance.

Looks like Bob, Crunch, Tomas, et al. are enjoying themselves too. Great snorkel pics!

Yes the bruins are on the move here also, Badger. Watch yourself...I think you need some "bear bells" when going outside at night. 

Was good to see you, although briefly, Nipper. 
I have to apologize for not doing an onsite report, but it seemed that wifi was sporadic where ever we stayed. I did manage to put up some posts on FB (should have asked you to post some pics for me, PJ), but I'll post a few here and try to put together a photo TR another day. Off to our good friends in a few, to sit around "the campfire".

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 16:46:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, SC is in my thoughts and prayers as you and SJ.  Hugs to all of you. 

Welcome back MapleSyrup.  Hope your trip was great.

Twirls, oh girl I can almost picture the opossum chaos.  You need to write a book.  Clearly you made an impression with your neighbors.

Sama, MB

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 17:32:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers sent for SC's jolts being something minor and easily fixable PJ.
Twirley - you need a series. TV or book!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 17:44:30 (permalink)
Oh my, SC... Hoping all works out. Hugs to You PJ, and Yours.

Twirley, thanx for sharing the scene, I could envision it as I was reading it!

Folks, I have started a new thread with my snorkel pics on it, located here:
http://forums.locogringo.com/tm.aspx?m=1630306#1630306

I am enjoying all the snorkeling and the picture taking. I hope you are as well!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/18 23:09:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Mapes, I read about your traumatic flight return.  Pretty awful but weather can't be helped.  The airlines could handle it better perhaps.

I'm tired. 
I had some good news.  I went to the chiropractor and THEY OWED ME MONEY!  Awhile back I had asked them to submit my claims to my new insurance company.  I wasn't even sure if it was covered at all.   I guess I finally hit the magic $$ on TOTAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES FOR THE YEAR so now almost everything is  100% covered.  Apparently the insurance paid several back visits and will continue to the end of year YIPPIE. 

Afterwards I started a wash and shine on the Camaro.  I hate if it gets spots or pollen dust.  I'm kinda a fanatic about exterior.  I've had several compliments lately on it being a beautiful machine.  First time in my life I have so meticulously cared for a vehicle.  I'm proud for my husband whenever I get compliments and I always remark that it was HIS bucket list car.  I never like the new Camaros.  I still think of him and consider his thoughts in my daily activities.  I just pretend he's with me everyday.  I think he is.  Things like being brave enough to shoot AND HIT the possum, and taking care of his car,  makes me feel like I'm respecting his memory and I feel proud of both of us.  He gave me courage just knowing he had a backbone of steel with a bit of flexibility.  He reinforced the same in me.  I was forever changed for the better the day I met him.  He did make me want to be a better person.  
Tomorrow, I have Dish TV guy for an update.  Then a car show in town.  Which is why is shined up Roxanne today.  Then the Preakness at 5 pm at home.

My kindle is dying .  Goodnight all.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 05:31:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
PJ, I have sent prayers and hugs. So scary. Hopefully it is something minor and all will be well. Please keep us updated.

Twirley, you are a one of a kind. No ordinances against shooting a weapon in town? I believe it is against the law here. Since we are in the boonies we are allowed to shoot "varmints". Unfortunately, the varmints I most despise are the ground squirrels that dig up my tulip bulbs and tunnel through the gardens, and they are small targets and quick little critters, so very few get thinned from the herd around here. They also are too smart to enter a have-a-heart trap.

Hit or miss rain showers now through Monday. Hopefully it will be more miss than hit. Quite foggy right now, looks like a fall morning. Visibility maybe 1/4 mile. But there is supposed to be some sunshine today.

Fun talking with B&B last night, but we went long and I was tuckered out by bedtime. 
Everyone have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 05:43:42 (permalink)
Good Morning Pistol Packin' Mamas, it's Saturday.

Twirls, I would love to know what the neighbors were saying about you after you left!
Nice story about Jay.

PJ, any results of the MRI yet?

Mapes, those tacos look s-o-o-o good, would love to see a trip report.

Bernie, back to one cat, that's good, right?

Sunny, but cool weather continues here until Monday. Babs and I did mange to get almost all of the veggie gardens planted yesterday.

Boat drinx was fun, we're already looking forward to Labor Day weekend.

Wag more....bark less.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 07:26:08 (permalink)
MB  my sincere condolences.

PJ  I hope it’s nothing serious for SC.

Bernie  YAY  Debbie is settled in and you get to start again.

Uphill  Looks like you are having a great time.

Maple Welcome home

Twirls… Thanks for the giggle. I truly needed that.

We got a notice Thursday that the position I work is being eliminated countrywide.  Going to outside source.  I was planning on retiring in 4 years. F’g  Rat Bastards   No word on severance pay or offering early retirement, but it doesn’t sound good through the grapevine.    Well, it is what it is and I need to start my job search on their time.  I have zero interest in applying for the one position(s) in our office.  I’ll look for remote jobs on the intratnet, and if nothing there, will just have to move on.

Watching the Royal wedding this morning.  She looks beautiful.  Simple elegance.  Just wondering though, does the Queen always have such a scowl on her  face?

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 07:45:31 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Dark and rainy this AM. Just checked the radar and some more nasty stuff moving through the area soon.  I believe the sun will be out by tomorrow. Current temp is 72F at 7:32 with a high of 76 degrees.

Turned the TV on right after feeding the cat and starting the coffee maker. Just in time to see Meghan arrive and see her make an appearance with that long wedding train. I don't know why and I'm not embarrassed to say so but I cried. Darn. I really wanted to watch the news. I told a friend last night that I wasn't going to watch the wedding; much to do about nothing, I said. Well, I watched some of it anyway, so there !

Yesterday loaded my truck & Debby's car for the FINAL move to her house. Both of use were moving a little slow after we got everything inside the home. This has been a long process and guess what, it's not 100% done : we forgot to get her TV and cedar chest out of the guest room. Ugh. I'll probably do that today after the 10 o'clock HOA meeting. Maybe tomorrow if it's raining too hard. Debby took Bobby Jo in her car and I took Ruby. That cat does not like being in a car carrier and in a moving vehicle ! I tried to comfort her but no bueno; she wanted outta there. After the release from the carriers both cats wandered throughout their new place, looking into and smelling every nook and cranny. Deb & I finally sat down outside on her new screened in porch. It was raining slightly and the grass looked so green. We sat in a daze until Debby said "come on Bernert, let's go get dinner. I'm buying". Music to my ears. Hee,hee. I think it was around 7 when I finally got home. I spotted Mike & Cindy looking at the lots that had been partly cleared for building. I walked over to say 'hi' to them. That section of woods has three lots cleared and there might be a few more added.  I'm anxious to hear what is going to happen at the HOA meeting this morning.

Badger, yes, good to have only one cat in the house and things back to 'normal'. Freddie has already walked around every room several times looking for the 'kitties'. I'd give money to know what she is thinking but I'm happy to see them outta here.

SC, I hope the issue with SC is not a major problem. Sent a prayer her way. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I post a few more in a bit.

Twirls, always something going on around you. Too much excitement for me. hee,hee.

Cindy, I would bet that it is not OK to discharge a fire arm in Holly's neighborhood unless one's life is in danger. I would not be surprised if one of Holly's neighbors call the po-po to report her. Who knows, though. Maybe Missouri is just as crazy as North Carolina with gun laws.

Welcome back, Ed. Thanks for the pictures. I could go back to the Iberostar if a few LG'ers would join in. I really enjoyed Joe & Connie's company. Send me a PM if you two want to do another trip there.

jj, yes, I do get to start again and thanks for thinking of me. Bummer news on your job. Life sure does get in the way, sometimes at the worst moment. Hope you can find something that you like. Of course, you could always bag groceries, right ? ha,ha,ha ! Sorry, I was trying to be funny again. I do wish you good luck on your search.

Must get ready for meeting.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 07:47:18 (permalink)
more pretty flowers

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 07:48:50 (permalink)
cool !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 07:51:01 (permalink)
sample of ground floor room

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 08:32:47 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Sun is shining and it is a pretty morning here in Memphis.
Had my coffee in the garden area.  So glad they have that pretty area with lots of flowers.
Not just all ugly parking lot behind the building.  
Thanks for prayers for SC.  Results of MRI on Monday.  Neurologist appt. on May 30th.

jj,  Hope you find another job that you like even better.  Hugs

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 08:40:28 (permalink)
TwirleyB
   Apparently the insurance paid several back visits and will continue to the end of year YIPPIE. 

Afterwards I started a wash and shine on the Camaro.  I hate if it gets spots or pollen dust.  I'm kinda a fanatic about exterior.  I've had several compliments lately on it being a beautiful machine.  First time in my life I have so meticulously cared for a vehicle.  I'm proud for my husband whenever I get compliments and I always remark that it was HIS bucket list car.  I never like the new Camaros.  I still think of him and consider his thoughts in my daily activities.  I just pretend he's with me everyday.  I think he is.  Things like being brave enough to shoot AND HIT the possum, and taking care of his car,  makes me feel like I'm respecting his memory and I feel proud of both of us.  He gave me courage just knowing he had a backbone of steel with a bit of flexibility.  He reinforced the same in me.  I was forever changed for the better the day I met him.  He did make me want to be a better person.  

Twirley, I am struck by your statement, "He did make me want to be a better person". Jeannette did the same for me. That is a sign of what a good thing the two of you had together and how much you loved each other. 
Gotta love having the insurance take over, but what it takes to get to that point....
As far as the car being clean goes, I deliberately got a silver gray car that doesn't readily show the dirt and dust!!!! Lazy me, LOL!!! But of course, I do give it a wash fairly often. 

Bernie, I'm loving your pictures of the resort and the flora. Fond memories and shows what a time you had there. 
When you bring the final load of your sister's belongings, don't forget to include a nice hug for her. I have met few people with as good a heart as you have. 

janjon, that is terrible. Work all your life and give it your all and they cut you right off in the middle of your life. I worked construction all my life, and a sort of code of honor was to never give notice and quit in the middle of a job, always do so at the conclusion of a job. I never felt like it, as the boss could lay me off in the middle of my life. So sorry that has happened to you. Best wishes to a better job. 

We are just having a blast down here with all our amigos. Snorkel, eat, rinse, repeat. Oh my!!! Today is a resort day. We are staying put. Laundry getting done, will snorkel out front today. A down day, Buccannos tomorrow for more good times! No cruise ships, so should be fairly good and uncrowded. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 09:57:16 (permalink)
0 (2)
It isn't legal to shoot guns in Nixa city limits.  Which is why we called the Police and animal control first.
I'm still surprised that the police didn't show up anyway.  It's a very quiet hood.

So I'm listening to the details about this recent school shooting and I'm wondering why a kid who is disturbed enough that he wears a trench coat to school EVERY DAY IN THE TEXAS HEAT, is ALLOWED TO WEAR A TRENCH COAT IN SCHOOL and why he was even allowed to go to a school.  He was obviously deranged.  PARENTS NEED TO STEP UP and admit their precious kid has issues.  And school personnel ALLOWED HIM TO WEAR IT!  WHY???   Did NO ONE ELSE THINK  that was strange and suspicious behavior?  

JJ, THAT REALLY SUCKS!  Hope you find something much better.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 10:15:20 (permalink)
0 (2)
Mapes, my 22 is fairly accurate.  However I shoot right handed but I sight with my left eye.  I close my right eye.  I don't know why except it's my better eye.  Jay said that wasn't right and he was amazed that I could shoot so well.  When he bought me the gun, he lined up 6 cans on a log and backed me up about 50 yards and handed me the gun.  As soon as I got my position, he pointed out that I was doing it wrong.  I said that's how I do it.  He shrugged and stepped back.  I hit 5 cans and grazed the 6th.  He LOL and was amazed.  He shook his head and made a comment about only I could be so wrong and it come out so right!
He also bout me a 44 magnum for the just in case moment that I didn't have time to aim.  He said it was a point and pull gun.  No need to aim.    I've never shot it 
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2505
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 12:07:34 (permalink)
TwirleyB

So I'm listening to the details about this recent school shooting and I'm wondering why a kid who is disturbed enough that he wears a trench coat to school EVERY DAY IN THE TEXAS HEAT, is ALLOWED TO WEAR A TRENCH COAT IN SCHOOL and why he was even allowed to go to a school.  He was obviously deranged.  PARENTS NEED TO STEP UP and admit their precious kid has issues.  And school personnel ALLOWED HIM TO WEAR IT!  WHY???   Did NO ONE ELSE THINK  that was strange and suspicious behavior?  

Absolutely agree! When kids mix reality with, in this case, dark fantasies, SOMEONE needs to pull that child aside for a serious heart to heart! Had a close call not to far from here at the same time as the FL shooting, you may have seen it on the national news? He was released on bail, and attempted murder charges had to be dropped because he didn't actually pull the trigger or enter school property with a gun.

TwirleyB
Mapes, my 22 is fairly accurate.  However I shoot right handed but I sight with my left eye.  I close my right eye.  I don't know why except it's my better eye.  Jay said that wasn't right and he was amazed that I could shoot so well.  
He also bout me a 44 magnum for the just in case moment that I didn't have time to aim.  He said it was a point and pull gun.  No need to aim.    I've never shot it 

Left eye dominance is one of the hardest things to overcome for a righty shooter, but it's what ever works at the moment. That's a lot of weapon for such a little thing as you; hang on tight with both hands! If you don't hit the mark, there will be at least dirty britches running down the street.
Have a 9 mm in the upper bureau drawer, ready to go. Not very concerned about ever having to use it, but good to know it's there. Sandy has a "pocket" 38, but uncomfortable kick for her arthritic thumb.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/19 12:45:12 (permalink)
MB--Sorry to hear about the passing of Tim.  May he rest in peace.
JJ--That sucks.  Prayers for a big severance.  If not, got luck on the job hunt.

Good news for me.  First 2 people to view my rental house have but in applications.  I must not be asking enough!  Both look good.  Can't decide on which one to take.
Page: << < ..756757758759760.. > >> Showing page 757 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5