Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 755 of 808
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 18:06:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Bob for putting a smile back on my face.  MB

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 23:23:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB--Nothing new with my condition.  The trial I was hoping to get into was already closed.  Could shoot my doctor for not telling me about it as it is taking place at the hospital he runs the Neurology Department at.  The Medicine Department is doing the study but you would think he would know about it.  Crunch says that is not unusual at all. They are going into the 3rd phase and you had to have participated in the first 2 to get into the 3rd.  At a standstill on what to do.  Think I'm going to take Crunch's advice and get a 2nd opinion which I should have done a long time ago.  Right now I am working on my rental house.  I let the tenants out of their lease 3 months early so they could buy a house.  They left the place spotless but I decided to put some money into it.  Had some new wiring put in.  It had that old knob and tube stuff.  Had some outside painting done.  Looking to redo the front porch as it is looking kind of ratty.  Structurally sound, just needs some cosmetic stuff done to it.  Worse thing is the carpenter bees that have taken up residence under the back sun room type porch.  What a pain in the rear they are.  Only the females sting but it is hard to tell what sex the creature is.  Messy job and they are eating into the joists.  Porch is only about 18" off the ground so it is hard to move around while under there.  They drill a hole then make a 90 degree turn and run along the inside of the joist.  Sprayed some stuff today and it came out another hole 2' away!  Nasty little creatures. Usually work a couple hours in the morning then go back about 5 for another couple of hours.  Feet just can not take working much more than that.  At least it keeps me busy so I don't think about the pain that much.  Thanks for asking as I really appreciate it.  Wish the doc would care as much as everyone on this board does.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 04:53:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Cats, it's Hump Day.

Not much time to read or post this morning, I have to do some repairs on a boat house on the shore of Lake Superior, heading out early so that I can do a little fishing there first.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 05:48:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Don't fall in the water, Paul. Pretty sure it's still REALLY cold.  
Worked on weed pulling yesterday and some mowing, more of the same today. Had some help from Chris who was home for the day since he had an 8am Dr. apt with the new foot doctor. Previous guy was old and grumpy, new person, according to Chris "she's young, friendly, and HOT." Hmmm. I see her myself at the end of the month, may have to tell her to chill her hotness. Kidding aside, I approve because she told him to do what I have been telling him to do for years.

Frank, sorry to hear you still have no relief from the foot pain. I agree, time to consult a different Doctor. And by the way, pretty sure Chris could "out-nap" you any day.

Need to go give Mollie her morning massage so she can make it down the stairs. Have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13678
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 06:04:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great collection of creatures, Bob. I love snorkeling at the Money Bar. Thanks for sharing your pictures and adventures.
MB, I wish for comfort for Tim and for all who know him.
post edited by nipper - 2018/05/16 06:08:32

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2377
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 07:33:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Sunny outside for now but the t-storms are on the way and supposed to hit us in about 3 hours. The current temperature is 73F at 7:33 with a predicted high of 80 degrees.

Yesterday I went with Debby to help her with more little 'jobs' in preparation for her final move-in. Last night we removed all of her dry food items from my pantry and packed it up in boxes. I'm beginning to reclaim my home. hee,hee.  Today the contractor installs her screen-in porch and Deb needs to meet them in about an hour. I'll pack up my truck with those pantry boxes later this morning and deliver them down to her.  Tomorrow I believe she might move her cats to the new house and get the last remaining stuff outta here. Whew. Don't ya love it when life throws you a curve ball ?

Jamie, I feel your pain with another crown. And those darn things are not cheap, even in Mexico. Ha.

MB, you have been putting off your teeth repairs for a while now. Shame shame, girl. Wait until you see that bill from the Periodontist !!  ugh. Crossing my fingers for ya.

Thanks for the fishy pictures, Bob. How about a few from the hotel, just in case I am considering staying there.

Badger, lets us know if ya catch a nice fish to eat.

Hey Cindy, maybe that is what Frank needs : "a hot foot doctor". Hee,hee. Sorry Frank. Good luck to you with a new doctor.

Hi nipper.

Some people to call and then get ready for the day.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 07:35:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Iberostar lobby. Sorry for dark picture

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 07:38:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
They have a nice well stocked lobby bar. One can get cappuccino coffee there.

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6651
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 08:03:25 (permalink)
MB, glad to do so at such a tough time. 

Bernie, I'll shoot a few pictures of the resort..... some time. From my locale, I find Fiesta Americana for about $200.00 more than the Iberostar for 12 days. It not as sociable as the IB crowd, but folks are friendly enough here as well. Less scheduled activities, live music cuts out by 9PM the days they have it, which means sleep is easy to come by!

Big day today. Visiting the local animal shelter bearing gifts. These strays need socialization, something we are very happy to provide! Then some snorkeling at Sky Reef with friends and good eats! One couple gets a car at noon today and picks things up in town, maybe they will be able to join us as well. 

Lovin life,
Bob

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 09:32:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!

We are between rain showers for now.  Gardening time may be limited today.  Guess I will have to do housework. Stuck at home today.  Had to have dental surgery for an implant yesterday, so can't drive today - probably shouldn't attempt much as am finding typing to be an effort!

MB so sorry to hear about Tim's situation. May his final days be peaceful.  Hugs to you and the rest of the family.

My friend is also slowly losing her battle with cancer.  Been spending as much time as possible at the barn with her and the barn family - kinda like the sand family but with horses.  She is a fighter refusing treatment and still managing to do what she loves.  Managed to flip a training horse over last week resulting in a broken collar bone, several broken ribs and multiple pelvic fractures. Luckily none of them were displaced.  Out of the hospital now and slowly getting back to her new normal.  It is difficult.

On a happier note, Cindy it is great that your eye surgery went well!  Loved the fly eye picture.  Good Luck with the next one!

Bernie and UHK, thanks for all the glimpses of other parts of Cozumel!  Great snorkeling collection UHK.  Where were you snorkeling to get all those?   We had a good day at the Money Bar, but I never saw the coral starter kits.  Cool!

Twirls, a suggestion for your kitty that helped us when our Furball got old and senile. We put a plastic boot tray under or in front of the litter box.  It covered the hardwood floor and gave him more area to successfully hit.  He was also having trouble getting into the box, so the lower edges of the pan were helpful.  Course if your kitty is simply being spiteful, he will likely pee next to the side of the pan.

Badger   Hope your cold is better!

Tricky  that sounds like a fun trip.  There is a cenote and small petting zoo right in the center of Valladolid. Nice restaurant connected .  Easy walking trail to the bottom.  This would be a good stop for the little ones. People do swim there, but when we visited it was a little too green for me. There is the large Cenote  Ik Kil  close to Chichen Itza.  Great place to stop and cool off after visiting the ruins.  Nice grounds and restaurant on site.  The cenote is impressive - large deep and cold. You jump in or go down ladders. Kids could go in if wearing swim vests.  Ek Balam is a smaller, easy to see site and I think you can still climb the structures. There is a smalll cenote on the grounds that the locals swim in.  Merida is a fun place to stay.  Would recommend the Delores Alba in town .  Centrally located with secure covered parking and within easy walking distance to the square.  Nice pool in the courtyard.  If driving back by the southern route, you might want to check out Loltun Caverns  (Grotus Loltun)  Kid friendly  - maybe a mile walk total.  I'm sure there are other cenotes near Merida, but we did not visit any there.   Hope this helps!  Enjoy your trip!

Keav & Pam

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 09:40:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
You have been a very good brother to Debby during this difficult time for her, Bernie. 
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 10:15:31 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
UGH.  I had horrible shin cramps in both legs last night.  Had to get out of bed and try to walk for about an hour.  Woke up to phone and loud pounding on my door.  It was AT & T with a new modem as I've been having trouble with WiFi.  Barely got him out the door and the yard maintenance guys showed up.  Listening to their loud equipment now.  Too much morning activity after unrest in the night.

Frank, I wish you could find some relief.  Tolerating pain makes me very cranky.  Some I eventually get used to but it's not easy.

Jamie, thanks for reminding me that I need a dental appointment.  Another UGH.  
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 10:22:55 (permalink)
0 (2)
Tricky, I like your sense of humor.  Please hang out more often.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 13:12:08 (permalink)
0 (2)
TwirleyB

Frank, I wish you could find some relief.  Tolerating pain makes me very cranky.  Some I eventually get used to but it's not easy.

Me too Twirley.  Hope it subsides or atleast lessens soon for the both our sakes

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 15:24:05 (permalink)
Today it was the Money Bar. We arrived in a downpour and a lightening storm chased us away hours later. 4 couples in our group, all good people (though I'm not so sure about the guy in the mirror...).

Right off the bat, I found this Donkey Dung sea Cucumber:

Then this barracuda:

These Blue Tangs were having a feeding frenzy:

Found this Scrawled File fish:

And this Orange phase White Spotted file fish:

More curious squid

And as a bonus above water, we also saw this guy!

Lovin life,
Bob

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 15:55:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

Frank, sorry to hear you still have no relief from the foot pain. I agree, time to consult a different Doctor. And by the way, pretty sure Chris could "out-nap" you any day.

As long as he has a pair of vice grips on his toes I'm all for it!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 16:18:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie

Hey Cindy, maybe that is what Frank needs : "a hot foot doctor". Hee,hee. Sorry Frank. Good luck to you with a new doctor.

Didn't work Bernie.  Last resident I saw Dr. Anisha (the doctor I see before the top doc comes in) was exactly the way Chris described.  Made me forget some answers I should have known.  Middle Eastern and the smartest one I have seen so far.  Had a rock on her finger the size of a marble.   She even took the time to read over my records which none of the other residents had ever done. I know she did because she knew how many different medicines we had tried and all about the infusions. Even called me my first name which I don't mind at all.  Mr. McColloch is reserved for my dear departed dad.

Cindy--Please tell me Chris's foot problem is not what I have.  Would not wish that on anyone.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 17:58:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Hit 84 today and it was beautiful.  Worked in the yard a bit pounding down some edging around the deck and decided to turn the AC on.  Allergies in full bloom with tree pollen.  Put some fresh gas in Honda and refilled the lawn mower gas container.  Did odds and ends around here and got all the flowers watered.  Ken, my neighbor, stopped by and the irrigation system is operational and outdoor spigots done.  Nice to catch up with Ken and what's happening in his life.  Paul's brother, Tim, passed at 4:18 today.  He's now in his heavenly home.  Praise the Lord.  Thanks again for your prayers and support.  I miss his daily calls already.  Last one was on Friday evening.

Bob, keep those fishy pics coming.  Enjoying them so very much.  Hoping the weather improves but sounds like you are making the most of it.  Carry on.

Twirls, hope the critters are behaving better.  Does the kitty have a crystal problem?  Any blood in the urine not making it into the box or perhaps just being a poopy butt?  

Badger, hope the job went well and you angled some pez.  I'm craving blackened or pan fried walleye with my homemade tartar sauce.

Frank, very bad on the disconnect on your doctor and the trial,  Upsets me.  Praying for chronic pain relief.  Can't even imagine, but glad you are still engaged in life to do the rental renovation and what you can.  Stay busy as able.  Hugs.

SNF, sad about your friend.  Oh my on the injuries.  Like she is not going through enough.  Will send prayers for her.  Hope you feel better real soon on the implant.  Ugh.

Cindy, you crack me up.  Hot....I need myself a hot cabana boy.  One never knows.  Hope Chris gets some relief.

Bernie, coming to the end of the journey with Deb.  Good on you.  

Just took a break.  Lawn service for fertilizer was just here.  15 minutes to spray the whole lawn.  Dang, Natalie has five more to go.  Told her to use a respirator.....dang chemicals.  She is trying to save up to become a vet.  Have a wonderful evening everyone and hola to all I've missed.  Hugs, MB

Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3188
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 19:48:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh MB, I am so very sorry to hear that Tim has passed away.  I'm sending you my love and hugs of comfort.

Please take care!!!

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 20:12:58 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I'm sorry for your loss MB.

Speaking of critters...One of my cats became ill last Friday. He had a total urinary obstruction due to a stone. This happened after hours, naturally, so I took him to the emergency vet. We were supposed to leave for Mexico in the morning, but I cancelled the trip Monday. Will get a refund, less the insurance. The vet bill is $$$, but I also could not ask our friends that would be looking after things to medicate a cat. I'm not being very successful as it is. This will be the first May in forever we are not going to Mexico.

The heat and humidity here feels like Mexico but no pool or ocean for relief.

Bernie, I think we stayed at that resort in the mid 90's, but it was called Diamond Resorts or something like that. That swim up bar looks familiar, lol

Sorry about your feet Frank. I hope something can help you soon.

Twirls...I know, amiga

Buenos Noches!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/16 22:18:27 (permalink)
Oh my MB, hugs. 

BB, taking good car of the cat! Kudos.

Beach Bernie, I took a ton of pictures and wrote up some info here:
http://forums.locogringo.com/tm.aspx?m=1630247#1630247

Anyone else who wants to look over the fiesta Americana in Cozumel, feel free. I didn't want to put it here, as it would take over a good stretch of this thread, and not really belong. 

Took one of those naps today where i just could not stay awake. Felt great!!!! Afte3r all the swimming at Sky Reef. What a great day.

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/17 05:09:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
So sorry for your loss, MB. He is free from pain now. Hugs, amiga.

Didn't accomplish much yesterday, back was barking from the previous day's exertion. Hope to get more done today, but first have to drive Chris to the bus stop; the idiot light came on yesterday in his car, so it is now parked at Jake's to get checked out.

Frank, no, Chris does not have nerve pain, yet. (He is officially Type 2 diabetic, now) More an issue of not taking care of his feet, and also the extra weight he is carrying on them. Losing some of that extra weight would most likely resolve both issues. But typically his feet are cracked and bleeding, plus he has edema issues that make them swell painfully from poor circulation. Vise grips not needed.

Sorry about your trip, BB. Maybe rebook for a fall trip?
SNF, so sorry about your friend.

I know there was more I wanted to say, but I'll try and check in later when I take a break from running around.
Be well!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/17 05:27:13 (permalink)
Good Morning Cabana Boys, it's Thirstday.

Sorry about your BIL, MB. If I get time to do some Walleye fishing this summer I will definitely save you one.

SNF, your friend sounds like one tough cookie.

Frank, I think you need to keep changing doctors, it's unbelievable that they can't find some way to provide you with relief. Have you tried the cannabis oil, I've heard that it really helps some folks?

BB, so sorry you had to cancel. 

Maybe we should all plan on a trip to PM for the BC just to get dental work done?

Well, the fish were not biting yesterday, but it was a beautiful morning on the South shore of Lake Superior. If you look close you can see an otter swimming in the middle of this photo.

He got pretty close before spotting me.

Those were the only pix I got, but I saw a variety of critters yesterday, including a mink, loon, osprey and raccoon.

Bernie, get the @#$%ing garbage out!
post edited by Badger - 2018/05/17 05:28:37

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/17 08:28:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Rainy here on the coast, as promised by the local weather lady. Some pretty nasty storms following the coast. Currently 74F at 8:22 with a high of 80 degrees.

Yesterday I loaded up boxes into my truck and delivered to Debby's house. She had already driven down to meet the screen porch guy. He worked most of the day cutting the aluminum frames and installing them. Today two guys are supposed to add the tight weave 'no see um' screen material. Weather may delay the work. I don't think Debby needs me to do anything today (?).

Before I left the neighborhood yesterday morning, I saw some heavy machinery tearing out some trees and grading two lots on the next block over. Looks like the developer is finally adding the two model/spec homes he discussed at last year's HOA meeting. We will all find out in two days on Saturday at the 2018 HOA meeting.  I have talked to most of my neighbors in the past and most are happy with the way everything looks now with all the undeveloped wooded lots. Times are a changing.

MB, God rest Tim's soul.

Hi BeachBilly. Hope your kitty gets better soon and maybe you can make another trip in the Summer or in the Fall, as Cindy suggested.

Bob, thanks for the link to your trip report. I like the lay out of the Iberostar better and it feels more like a tropical destination. As you know, lots of walking trails surrounded by the beautiful trees and bushes.

Thanks for the pictures, Badger.  Trash & recycle out over an hour ago.

Pictures to follow for Iberostar flora and fauna.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/17 08:29:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
very pretty greenery everywhere you walk

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 755 of 808
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5