Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 754 of 762
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2374
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 08:23:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Bright sunny skies out this AM. Beach folks will be very happy along the North Carolina coast. The current temp is 71F at 7:34 with a high of 82 degrees.

Didn't get the grass cut yesterday; waited too late in the day and it was too hot. I did get all of my vacation laundry done though and also made a grocery store run. Debby took off to her house to do something or another. I didn't want to join her but did ask what she wanted for Mom's day dinner : she asked me to buy hamburger for grilling. Done and they tasted great.

Yesterday around 5 o'clock the emergency medical truck went to Doug's house. Both Blaine and I went over to see if we could help with anything. Doug was collapsed in his driveway but he was conscious and communicating with the technicians. After hooking up the ECG and discussing same, they loaded him into the ambulance and whisked him away, his wife driving behind them. I will call Regina later to see how he is doing.

Today the grass cutting is on the list. I also need to stop by Walgreen's to pick up some meds and get a birthday card for Jack; my daughter Meredith's first born and my 1st grandson.

Debby has the Sleep Number technician coming to her house today to repair her bed. This is the bed that was damaged in the move and moving company approved her claim for the repair costs.

Thanks everyone for the 'welcome home' wishes. I missed y'all as well. I went back a few days to catch up on the past posting. You guys were busy while I was gone !  I saw the pretty pictures of Roatan, Patty. Thank you.

A few comments on the Iberostar Cozumel :  I give the property a good rating. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The grounds were well kept. Food was excellent ! Breakfast & dinner was buffet style at the restaurant off the lobby ( no a/c ). Lunch was in the rotund building off the pool area and also buffet style and no a/c. Three specialty places to eat by reservations made in the morning : Mexican, Oriental, Steak. Pool was nice but like a heated bath tub by the afternoon; plenty of chairs available and some folks played the towel game while eating breakfast but it was not a major factor. Very nice beach area under the palm trees. A nice pier available with easy water entry into the sea with chest-high water level. The end of the pier is where the two boast pick you up for diving or snorkel trips to the reef. You purchase the tickets at the activities desk off the front check-in area but I didn't check into the cost for dive or snorkel trips.

Only one major negative : the beach entry is crap due to rocks and corral, nor is the beach suitable for a nice walk or stroll along the shoreline. I was aware of this fact prior to selecting the hotel and it would not keep me from going back again. If one needs a super nice beach, there are some beach clubs available along the coast where they have removed the rocks and corral and placed nice white smooth sand onto beach plus into the water for smooth entry. I walked about 1/2 mile North with Joe & Connie a couple of days. We passed a hotel that made their beach like describe above; I believe it was the Occidental/Barcelo.

If anyone has specific questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you for pictures, Bob. Maybe Crunch & Tomas can send a few as well ?

More pictures to follow.
See ya'll,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 08:26:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
nice pool with swim-up bar on both sides. Thatched rotund lunch restaurant in background

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 08:28:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
wide sandy area under the palm trees

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 08:30:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
one of many peacocks throughout the property. They do beg for food !

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6214
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 14:46:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie----Are there hammocks in that nice palm tree shaded area?  Nothing like a nice afternoon nap when the sun is blazing and you are worn out from snorkeling all morning.  That is one thing I loved about Xel-Ha.  They had a huge area.  My wife always knew where to find me!  I always go by this rule, vacation or not. "Why stand when you can sit, why sit when you can lay down, time spent awake is time wasted!"  As you can see I like my naps!
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 16:13:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Frank, I believe there were hammocks in that area, just didn't pay any attention to them.

I do know that there is one on each porch of all rooms.

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6649
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 18:06:05 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Oh my! We are overcome with sleep. Between the heat and all the swimming, we are getting deep sleep naps in the afternoon. Today's stars at Punta Sur:

I'm pretty sure these are conch egg cases (anyone???)

A damselfish

Looks like this old conch shell still provides a home:

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 18:38:52 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening all.  65 and light rain now.  Hit the lawn work mid-morning.  It was sunny, 74 degrees with a light breeze.  Quick shower next and a small load of laundry. Endodontist appointment tomorrow morning. 

Bernie, thanks for the trip report and some pics.  Matching bookends, you funny.  Ironic that you spotted K&T at airport.  

Cindy, hope your eye is healing well and glad you enjoyed Mom's Day.  That fried cheese looked delicious.

Bob, liking the pics thus far.  Thanks much, but I want more.  Edit:  And you just gave me more.  

PJ, glad you had fun.  Is Beal Street like Bourbon Street?  Love me a gyro.  

Crunchie, hope the weather improves.  Sounds like some new kids on Isla.  Salud.

Badger, hope all is well.  Dang on the bear cub.

Hola Jamie, Frank, SNF  and the rest of the BC.

BIL, Tim, is in end stage of life. Prayers appreciated.  Thanks, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/05/14 18:51:07

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/14 22:33:33 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
MB, Sorry about Tim. My thoughts will be with the family.

I lost my morning post but LOL BOSCO!  The rest was probably biatching about how screwed up people are.  Cammie's ex and his family were horrible.  Not friendly or appreciative of anything she or I did to provide a gathering area or the meal.  And they left her a big mess to clean up while they either shopped or napped.  We were both appalled at their behavior.  Her daughters were lovely and thankful.

Today was long, stressful and tedious.  My internet has been getting worse for awhile.  I'm tired of it but it required an entire afternoon of extended phone calls, troubleshooting, unplugging, resetting and then I got fed up.  EITHER YOU FIX IT OR I GET ANOTHER SERVICE.  I'M DONE WASTING MY TIME.  Results are a tech from both DISH and ATT are coming.  No expense except I made some Dish adjustments to my plan.  The main problem is the wireless from ATT.

Spent a little time investigating small gulf coast communities in FL.  If what I really enjoy is the outdoors in a tropical environment and a pool, I need to be where I can enjoy that year round.  Since I'm not comfortable with a permanent move to Mexico and I can't really afford to keep up 2 homes without a great roommate ...  why not consider something else?
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8099
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 05:08:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Roommates, it's Twosday.

MB, so sorry about your BIL.

Bernie, aren't those peacocks awfully noisy birds?
How's Doug doing?

Twirls, I think moving to Florida might be a great idea for you, plus, flights to Cancun will be much shorter.

Busy, busy, better get going.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 05:19:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Hugs, MB. Praying for a peaceful exit for Tim.

Bosco, you are appalling sometimes.

Bernie, thanks for the pics and mini trip report. Any news on neighbor Doug?

Finally supposed to have a sunny day and clear skies for the rest of the week. I will be busy in the gardens.
Good news on my eye, I do not have to wear the fly-eye at night anymore. (good thing because it was making a dent in my forehead) All systems are go for the next eye on June 18th. Just have to continue with the eye drops for a while.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/05/15 05:20:39

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28984
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 07:07:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I am so sorry to hear about Tim. Prayers sent for him and his loved ones.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 07:26:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Beach Bernie
Frank, I believe there were hammocks in that area, just didn't pay any attention to them.

I do know that there is one on each porch of all rooms.

Thanks Bernie.  That is nice but nothing like a nap in my favorite, a palm tree shaded area with nice soft sand.  Just like at Xel-Ha.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 07:32:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB--So sorry to hear of Tim's condition.  Prayers will be said for him, his family and friends
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 08:03:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy this AM with rain on the way this afternoon and continuing for the next 5 days. Forecasters saying we could get a total over 3". In 'man-speak', that not much. And you thought Bosco is bad. Ha !

I was trying to sleep in a bit this morning and that darn cat jumped up on the bed and bit my arm !! She has been in a mood ever since Debby's cats arrived. I've tried spraying with a water bottle and sometimes resorted to swatting. Debby said she doesn't bite her. I believe she is acting out for attention. If this pattern continues once Deb leaves the house, I am considering taking her to the pound. Seriously. I hate to do that but I won't put up with it.

Progress on Debby's house. She got the gutters installed ( builder's price too high ) and has contracted for the screened-in porch ( once again, builder crazy high ). I talked to the guy that installed my ceiling fan on my back porch and he will do all six of Debby's fans for a flat rate of $60 per hour and expects each fan will take 1/2 hour. That's $180 and a better deal than the big box stores. He will meet Deb this Saturday to inspect the job and finalize the cost.  The tech from the Sleep Number store fixed Debby's bed so now she has a place to sleep. Every time she drives to her house she is taking a few items that belong to her ( cleaning supplies, dry food goods, kitchen stuff ).  Last night at dinner she said the back & forth is wearing her out and she will make the move soon. That will be good for both of us.

I got the grass cut yesterday, got my refilled 'scrips at Walgreen's and stopped by the bank. I heard from Regina early evening and Doug is back home resting. He had experienced a very rapid heartbeat and chest pains. Good that he didn't have to stay in the hospital and more tests to follow.

MB, when I spotted Tom & Kim though the glass at gate 6, I thought about opening the door in the departure concourse to yell at them. Then I said to myself, "not a good idea Bernie" ! hee,hee. Maybe next year I can join the Coz group at their hotel. Prayer sent for Tim.

Twirls, bummer with your internet problems. Hope you can get it solved soon.

Badger, yes, those peacocks have VERY loud calls.  I would see one every morning on my walk to the breakfast area. It was a male on the top of a 2nd story room ! How would you like to wake up to that ?

Cindy, Bosco isn't appalling. He's is just like me sometimes : unfiltered. hee,hee. I really enjoyed both his and Connie's company. You are most welcome on the 'mini-report' and pictures. I will post more pics each day until I'm out of them. I will limit them to 2 or 3 each morning as not to hog the entire screen.

Hi Crunch !  Whatcha doing down there ?

Coffee time done. I'll see y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 08:08:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
main dining area for breakfast & dinner. One side open to the outdoors

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 08:10:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
buffet area clean and food is well presented

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 08:11:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
plenty to eat !!

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 09:30:13 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Morning all
I slept hard.  I barely remember getting up only once in the night.  Usually it's a 2-4 nightly bathroom trip.

Bernie, I hear you about the animals in our lives.  I love mine dearly BUT...I'm almost at my limit of tolerance with Tigger Budd, who seems to like peeing on the mat outside of litter box and Pearl is on thin ice too.  My life needs less stress and less work.  I'm discussing the possibility of Pearl becoming a service dog at the training facility.  I'm not sure how long I can take the added stress she has added to the household, including the poor cats.  They can no longer feel safe to enter the PEARL ZONE.  They stay at the other end of the house and I rarely see them.  Poor Margarita is worn out just as I am with Pearl needing constant attention and discipline.  She's 5 months now and should be more manageable.  I'm going to work with her another month or so to get her through more schooling.  I'm also going to have her spade and chipped.  She's so beautifully marked as a blue merle that I don't want someone to use her for breeding.  
I have my limits though and I also am not cleaning up cat per everyday because Tigger doesn't feel like getting in the box.  He poops in there and I keep it clean so I don't get problem.  However it started with construction in the house and since Pearl's arrival, it's gotten worse.  I know Tigger is not happy but neither am I with a mess everyday.

Hope the weather improves for the brats down south.

SNF, nice to see you drop in.

BB, retire before you waste away your healthy years.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 09:30:14 (permalink)
Morning all
I slept hard.  I barely remember getting up only once in the night.  Usually it's a 2-4 nightly bathroom trip.

Bernie, I hear you about the animals in our lives.  I love mine dearly BUT...I'm almost at my limit of tolerance with Tigger Budd, who seems to like peeing on the mat outside of litter box and Pearl is on thin ice too.  My life needs less stress and less work.  I'm discussing the possibility of Pearl becoming a service dog at the training facility.  I'm not sure how long I can take the added stress she has added to the household, including the poor cats.  They can no longer feel safe to enter the PEARL ZONE.  They stay at the other end of the house and I rarely see them.  Poor Margarita is worn out just as I am with Pearl needing constant attention and discipline.  She's 5 months now and should be more manageable.  I'm going to work with her another month or so to get her through more schooling.  I'm also going to have her spade and chipped.  She's so beautifully marked as a blue merle that I don't want someone to use her for breeding.  
I have my limits though and I also am not cleaning up cat per everyday because Tigger doesn't feel like getting in the box.  He poops in there and I keep it clean so I don't get problem.  However it started with construction in the house and since Pearl's arrival, it's gotten worse.  I know Tigger is not happy but neither am I with a mess everyday.

Hope the weather improves for the brats down south.

SNF, nice to see you drop in.

BB, retire before you waste away your healthy years.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 10:30:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
It is a beautiful day here in Memphis.  
Had a long walk and cup of coffee in the garden area.
I may be here in Memphis for awhile longer.  

MB,  Prayers sent for your BIL and family.  Hugs

Uphill and Bernie,  Thanks for all the Coz pictures.  

Bosco,  LOL  

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3686
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 15:59:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Prayers sent for Tim, may he find peace at last.
Great pics Bernie and Uphill.
Is Tigger a new cat Holly? Don't remember you mentioning her before. Sounds like you have been more than patient especially with the Devil Dog.

Dentist today, new temporary crown, also am going to have to do something about my brakes. The light has started to flash on for a minute or two, and sometimes they make a metal sound. Ugh. The good news is the mechanic I took my car to last time has very fair prices. My old mechanic sold his place and bought into one almost 10 miles away and they no longer have loaners so did not follow him.
Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 256
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 17:05:16 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Hey guys.

HUGE Capitals game tonight.  I know no one here is a Tampa Bay fan, so make sure you scream loudly at your TV sets so that the refs know that we won't let them get away with the fraud they've been perpetrating over the first two games of the Conference Finals even if the NHL will.  The more loudly you scream then the more likely the energy from your sound waves will travel back across the cable/fiber optic line and into the stadium for the zebras to hear.

We leave for Mexico in 15 days.  The window has closed for us to cancel airfare.  I kept Mrs. Tricky's fears about safety in check thanks to my incredible charm, integrity, and stubbornness.  It wasn't easy.  Luckily I'm a trained professional.  Packing has begun.  Its been fun.  We're dragging our two young ones across the Yucatan to see Chichen Itza, Valladolid, Ek Balaam, and Merida in that order with a night in each city.  Any can't miss cenotes in the area would be appreciated, more on that to follow.

It is strange to be back posting before a trip.  I understand if you all resent me.  I only show up and add content here when it suits me.  I found this resource before our first trip down to Akumal on our honeymoon in 2007.  Eleven years and two trips down to QR, soon to be three.  NOT an adequate ratio.  I was so thirsty for knowledge when I first started lurking this board.  And content was being added so much more quickly and there was so much more user activity.  Bart and Bart's Girl met us on that first trip, crazy kids.  I think that that was the first time Kay and Gary met us too.  It is satisfying to know that I've been gleaning knowledge here for eleven years.  Big thanks to all of you for offering it up and you're welcome for the material that I've contributed; I'd like to think that my stuff is an engaging read even if you don't agree with it.  Antonin Scalia was good that way.

Mrs. Tricky and I got to go to a dinner at the Supreme Court this year.  It was cool.  The wine was amazing.  I got to rub elbows with Justice Kennedy.  He had nice things to say about my boss the governor.  I always freak out and wonder if I should talk shop with SCOTUS justices or if small talk about sports in more appropriate.  I got to go a (different) relatively small cocktail party with the CJOTUS twice in the last ~four years.  I asked him about a case on the docket once.  I wish that I prepared more, but in hindsight I don't think that my big plans of wowing CJ Roberts with my insight on the day's oral arguments he'd heard that day sufficiently to entice him into hiring me as a clerk.

Anyhow, I'm not practicing law really anymore.  Maybe I'll get back into it full time someday.  It did help to finance this trip in large part.  Speaking of finances, if I can get some input on the most affordable, young kids friendly (3Y.O. and 5Y.O.) centoes on la ruta then I'd feel guilty about getting free advice but I'd take it any way.  Craig in WI looking at you.  Also, noticed that your Badgers were too chicken to put my Terps on the schedule even though we're in the same conference now.  I don't blame your squad.  Errrbody fear the turtle.

Mrs. Tricky is yelling at me to get Thing 1 and Thing 2 to eat their dinner so I'd better jam.  Eat a peach y'all and don't forget to vote in November.

-Tricky.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 17:16:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good afternoon.  76 and sunny.  Had my endodontist appointment this morning.  Two bad teeth next to the one that was pulled last summer and they won't do the procedure until I see a periodontist which is scheduled now for June 8th.  Got home about mid-day bummed and then kicked myself in the arse and said "really?", deal with it.  Thanks for the prayers for Tim. Greatly appreciated.  

Bernie, you cracked me up about the comment of opening a door at gate 6.  Guess you won't be on the infractions "watch" list like myself and K y T.  Thanks for the photo teasers.  Hope the situation turns around with Freddie.

PJ, glad you're having a nice time with SC.  Enjoy the rest of your stay.

1Run, have a fabulous time on Coz with your honey.  Hugs.

Twirls, I think you need to focus your giving on folks that know the meaning of appreciation and gratitude and discard the rest from your life.  Just saying....I'm sure the Avanzare group won't respond that way.  You do what you feel is best for you and Pearl.

Bob, sounds like you are settling in well.  Sun, fun and relaxation.

Jamie, dang on the car issue.  Hope it's a minor fix.  Ugh on the dental visit.  Guess it wasn't our day for dentistry.

Cindy, good to hear no eye patch overnight anymore.  Just be careful with all the gardening and keep eyes protected.  Momma bear here.

Frank, any news on trials for you?  Think about your chronic pain.  Ugh.

Nipper, welcome back.  Look forward to your pics.

Visited new Xfinity/Comcast store in the hood.  They jacked up my rate when my two-year contract ran out.  I signed up for a new plan package at same pricing as the old for one year.  My neighbor Ken is stopping by tomorrow after work to start up irrigation system and help with outdoor spigots.  Grateful for the help and that will be last thing on my spring to do list. 

Be well, MB  

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6649
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/15 17:28:28 (permalink)
MB, so sorry to hear this about Tim, Hugs to you and yours. 

Jamie, temporary crowns, I hate em! I can't wait for the porcelain ones to come in, much smoother. 

Bernie, loving the pics of the Iberostar. Love that resort. If only the snorkeling would have improved since Hurricane Wilma.

Okay folks, had a great couple snorkel trips today. But first, we had to run in town and get a new mask and snorkel. My lady's mask was leaking. Shameless plug, if you buy one, get Tri Board brand. The one we had was well recommended by our local dive shop and only worked one trip, leaked last trip, got it replaced, new one still leaks. All is better now. Here goes:
We hopped in the water and found this needlefish, 20 inches long, just below the surface:

Then we saw a bunch of these coral nurseries near the Money Bar.

We found this Queen Angel fish, we love the vibrant colors:

Then we saw this spotted goat fish rooting out a meal with his barbels. Notice the freeloader over top of him!

we saw a bunch of these guys!

Who you looking at?

I'm outta here!

So many fish chowing down together!

Saw this guy as well

And this file fish

And a couple spotfin Butterfly fish

As well as these Banded Butterfly fish

Love how the cleaning stations work:

we see many of these sea urchin tests (shells)

Loads of conch

Up close to a French Angel Fish

Found this queen triggerfish

And a white Spotted Filefish

Let's see if all this posts....

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 754 of 762
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5