Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 752 of 838
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 06:42:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
BB - good reason to just do it now.  You can always find some other work to do if you just cannot stand being idle.  Something with live bodies je je.

Badger - does the rain give you a chance to slow down a little?  Hope so.

MB - When does your niece start her new and improved job?  Hope it is much better for her.

Bob - i am going crazy.  Will feel so much better when I am on the plane instead of freaking out that something will happen.

Must get to work and get things cleaned up and then off to get the hooves and hands made presentable

Tomorrow is hair day, housecleaning day, and doggies to the vet day.

Have a wonderful day all.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 09:23:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Kinda cloudy but still nice day here.  Hi temp of 88 expected.  A/C is back in play.
Nothing much on my agenda.  Might just sit outside and read a book for awhile. 

Uphill and Crunch,  Getting close to takeoff.  Yeah! 

Bosco,  If you post the pics on FB.  I will copy and paste them to BC for you.
Know it can be kind of a PITA to do that from phone or tablet.  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 09:47:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Internet was down for a while earlier, so I got busy with the laundry. Last load in the dryer; I was going to have Chris set up the clothes line (I'm too short to do it), but it is overcast and a chilly 50F with more rain coming, so dryer it is.

BBilly, I totally agree with Crunch. All the more reason to retire now BEFORE it gets changed!

Crunch, I'm getting excited for you. Take a word of advice from our quarterback: RELAX!

Rained off and on all day yesterday, with some pretty heavy downpours along with thunder and lightning. We were lucky, though. A tornado touched down in our county, but far south of us, almost to the Milwaukee county line. And further south, they got quarter sized hail. Right during evening rush hour, so I am positive the bodyshop people will be busy.

MB, I have two male orioles fighting over the oranges and nectar feeder. One of them has taken to sitting on the front porch railing, so I've been getting nice views. I need to get my hummingbird feeders out today.

Patty, ahem, those are some nice shots, but I thought we agreed not to advertise Roatan. Don't want it to turn into Akumal Bay, now, do we???

Paul, any more bear sightings? Do not forget to bring in all the feeders at night or you'll be encouraging them to come back. I know you know that, but I'd hate to see Raji or Abby tangle with a bear.
Time to go fold, have a wonderful day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 09:53:33 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Morning all
Slept late aided by an early morning thunderstorm.
Housekeeper didn't come.  GF arrives today.  Oh well.  I cannot put sheets on a bed anymore so I guess she'll have to do her own.  I'm going to have to find another housekeeper.  My niece has been doing it , and does a great job,...when she can make it here.  She has a child...it's either sick or she doesn't have a sitter...  so far, anyone with a child is unreliable for the same reasons.  I'm sympathetic but not when my house is a mess and I have guests coming.  AND I'VE BEEN WAITING  FOR DAYS....

I'm such a biatch these days.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 11:35:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I am sure your GF will not mind Twirley, but I am sure it would be nice to have more reliable HK.

Picked an old fave to try copy paste from FB.  I wonder if it will work on my Kindle?

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 13:06:27 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Crunch and Tomas--Wishing the 2 of you your best vacation yet.  Please have numerous Sols for me! And Crunch,  thanks for all the past advice.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 13:14:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
UHK--Enjoy your vacation.  With all the work you have been doing, you deserve it!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 15:44:26 (permalink)
All the hard shopping is done, cash from the bank, had lunch at Margarita's (a local Mexican chain) sprayed my flowers for those little red bugs, repaired her car brakes. I think I'll have me a burger for dinner! 

Relax, breath. Soon!!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 17:51:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  58 and partly cloudy.  Maya had a mishap on the sheets in wee hours.  Cleaned up best I could and went back to sleep.  Up fairly early, washed sheets, cleaned up and ran some errands.  Back before 10:30 for call from CPA office.  That took about an hour, but all my questions were addressed.  Just have to go through all my notes and detail responses for future reference.  Bite to eat and then took other vehicle out for a ride, some reading, watered outdoor flowers, soap opera on DVR, then a phone call to a brother about my girlfriend Judy's husbands health issues.  Oddly enough they met on a Holy Land trip to Israel a couple of years before my trip their in 2015 and connected with one another.

Bob, you sure pack a lot into each day.  That's great and almost trip time.  Can't wait to see your pics.

Twirls, should be a fun time with girlfriend.  Enjoy your time together. Good luck finding a dependable house cleaning person. 

Cindy, we've got more rain moving in this evening through tomorrow.  Good for you on the orioles.  I haven't seen one yet or a hummer but the nectar has gone done considerably.  (tried to send you a pm recently and box was full)

Crunchie, Christine was very gracious and gave a 4-week notice of termination.  Told new employer she was available to start on May 29th.   Loved the pic of Tomas and rental car on FB.  Silly el spouso.  Wheels-up shortly girl.  

PJ, you crack me up.  I was trying to find a solution to Bosco's issue.  You nailed it.  I think he plans to do a mini-report upon his return.  Happy to hear your doctor appointment went well.  Hugs.

Hola to all not personally called out.  Please hug the ones you love and be well all.  MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 23:04:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Forgot to say that I am headed for Memphis tomorrow.
Have been wanting to go to the Greek Festival for a number of years.
SC was always moving out of the dorm at the University at the same time
festival is held so we couldn't go.  This year we are doing it! 
Plus the pool is open at the condo.   Going to spend some time tanning
my fat and reading.  LOL 
I'll touch base in a couple of days.   

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 23:12:10 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Evening all

The duo Dr appointment accomplished by both of us.  We give the girls in the office big giggles when we show up together.  However today I had to see the PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT while Jan got to see our beloved Dr.  Then we had salad and pizza at a local but state wide famous pizza place.   Later dinner at Avanzare and I took a poster for them to post in a prominent place for the staff, about the 4th of July pool party that I'm hosting for them.  I saw quite a buzz of interest when it was left with the hostess. 
I'm looking forward to having the party.  I've talked with the chosen caterer which will provide some appetizers, side dishes, and anything else needed, including a 2 person staff for 4 hours.  Hours for the party are 1 - 8 pm.  I plan to serve the main dinner from 3-5, so the caterers should be able to accomplish all from 2-6pm.  It may be longer but as a restaurant person, I'd hope for 4 hours but plan on 5 and Bill accordingly.

Cammie just called...
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 05:11:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

I'd hate to see Raji or Abby tangle with a bear.

Cindy

Oh sure, you don't care if Pablo gets et by a bear?

Good Morning Greek Lovers, it's Friday.

PJ, what exactly is a Greek festival?

Best of luck to the travelers, love that photo of Tomas!

I wanna go to Twirley's for the 4th of July.

Well, the ice has finally left Chequamegon Bay on Lake Superior, over three weeks later than normal, smelters will be out in full force this weekend.

I've managed to pick up a nasty head cold, probably going to take it easy today and hope to feel better for Boat Drinx this evening.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 05:28:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Raining and 37. I might have to turn the heat back on for a while. Shivering in my heavy bathrobe. Oh, wait. it just came on. And the thermostat is set at a hair below 60.

Have a good time, PJ. Eat some baklava for me. OOO, and some of that flaming cheese! Opa! Yum.

Party sounds fun, Twirley. 

Crunch, LoL.  Great picture!

No gardening again today, so I think I will do a grocery trip.
I got nuthin' else, too depressed by the weather. Hope we're doing boat drinx tonight, I need something to cheer me up.
Have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 06:35:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I didn't notice that you got in ahead of me, Paul. Hope you feel better tonight. Ugh. Only thing worse than a spring cold is a summer cold.

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 08:47:10 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all
Badger,  I hope you feel better soon.  
That reminds me to put some more sanitizer wipes in my purse.  
Here, everyone is sick from allergies.  It's horrible.  I've had to turn the A/C on in my bedroom for sleeping.  Otherwise I can't breathe at night.  And I'm so stubborn that I still drive topless.

It's likely set a heat record this Sunday as the warmest ever Mother's day here.  Possible 90+.  Trees and Plants are all screwed up.  3 weeks ago it was snowing.

I need to get some colorful bedding plants for my pots before tomorrow.  They will disappear this weekend from the nurseries.  I looked at a couple of stores already but they were scraggly and pricey.

Cindy, how's the eye?
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 09:09:21 (permalink)
Today is the ... well.... the day before we fly out. We are staying at a friend's house, who will watch the dog for us and she is closer to the airport. Packing and last minute things.....

Soon, we'll be where it is just too hot and have jump in the water and go snorkeling!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 10:33:26 (permalink)
0 (2)
Morning all.

Crunch and uphill,

Have a great time.

The weather has turned summer tropical the last day or so, and in a good way...
Pop-up showers to give you a break from the sun.. AND the ocean has gotten calm clear and smooth as glass.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the tips, Crunch.

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 17:57:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Omg. Could it just be morning with my buttocks in my skinny plane seat already?😁
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 18:03:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening all.  49 and cloudy now.  Didn't get the rain they predicted.  Ran a few errands this morning and then a couple hours of reading.  Lazy day and not very motivated. 

Cindy, furnace was running here as well this morning.  Yuck.  Hang in there.  

Crunchie, I am so excited for you and Tomas.  Safe travels and entry into MX girl.  Ha, ha.

Badger, hope you guys have a fun boat drinx.

Twirls, was the nurse practitioner able to identify and treat the issue on your feet?  

Bosco, safe travels back to home sweet home and Vino.

You too, Bernie.  Hope you had a great time as well.

Dang, the pair of mallards are sitting on the road.  Probably trying to warm up on the asphalt.  Silly birds.  Have a beautiful evening.  MB

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 18:13:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunchie, take a deep breath. Feel the same way when I travel. Love it when they shut the cabin door and taxi out. Hugs. MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/11 20:10:56 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Evening all
Crunch and Thomas, I hope that you have as much food, fun and Sun as you can handle.  Sounds like the weather is grand.

I'm totally worn out.  Jan just couldn't stand that I didn't have this and that put away, unorganized (yes, it was, and not according to the way she thought it should be), and there was so much NOT RIGHT in my house that she stayed most all day.  She's correct, of course.  So a hard afternoon of organization is done.  I'm very grateful but completely exhausted.  Not everything that she wanted to "fix" got fixed but we did get a bunch of much needed work accomplished.

Apparently the Nixa HS band is marching one street over.  Not sure if it's a Graduation parade or what.  Graduation is tomorrow night.  Cammie's youngest daughter is graduating.  I'm doing food for her Sunday party.  I planned to go to the store but it didn't happen.  I'm pretty sure I'm too tired now and the parade will have the street to the store blocked off.  It's the normal parade route.  I may get a 2nd wind later.
I found out it's NIXA Annual SUCKER DAYS, which is basically a community fish fry that is celebrated 2 days in May.  Hence, the parade.  It's not like there wasn't enough going on this weekend...Mother's Day, graduation, Nixa annual garage sale and now SUCKER DAYS.  LOL.

Speaking of funny stuff...
Interesting note...apparently the BC is way more widely read than I knew.   And obviously entertaining since now FB participants have been informed that my foot fungus is comparable in interest as the Royal Wedding.  The funniest thing was the first comment by someone else of "Who is HOLLY BUDD?" (As in WHO CARES?)  And the poster thinks we should rename the BC to THE OLD FARTS AND THEIR AILMENTS CLUB.  Which I did find humorous and I agreed.  Even though I was tagged in the post, I should have never commented because it led to me being informed that the poster had more important "fish to fry" so I guess the debate about my foot fungus being as interesting as the Royal Wedding was set aside for a medical situation of a close family member.  I was only top priority for a short time.  I feel pretty bad about that.  It was very upsetting.
It just kept getting more funny...

I feel a bit more energized now.  Not enough to go to the store and I've been texting my buddy, who works as a meat cutter at the store, to pick out 3 meaty slabs of ribs and some beef and set them aside.  I'll try to get there early tomorrow.  The gardner help is coming early tomorrow so I need to get up early anyway.  I don't think I'll have any problem going to bed early.  It may be sooner.

Southbound brats, please check in and post pics if you can.  We'll be anxiously awaiting your trip report.  Hee hee
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/12 03:48:47 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Holly, I can't believe the callousness of some folks (actually, I can). Don't worry about those folks. Wishing you well. 

Up at 2:45 AM today, will be in Cozumel at 12:30 local time!!!! I got a feeling I'll nap a bit.....

Be well all!!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/12 05:07:29 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning fellow old farts.
So, Holly, did they tell you what your foot fungus is and how to treat it?

Badger does have a nasty cold. Some really rattling coughing going on in the north woods. Feel better, Paul.
Holly, my eye is good...however I have to do a series of 3 different eye drops 4 times a day. No big deal, but the last drop REALLY stings. I think that covers the old fart ailments. For now anyway. 

Kids and all coming over for Mother's day tomorrow. Have a big pork butt I picked up on sale last week. Will pull out the crockpot tonight for pulled pork tomorrow.

Brats are in the air, have a great time!

PJ, some years back we had a bad experience with the old slow ferry out of Manitowoc. Will not do that again. There is a newer highspeed ferry out of Milwaukee, but it costs about $700. I don't think it starts running until the end of May. And I don't want to spend that kind of cash on a boat ride.

Have a great day, all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/12 06:31:05 (permalink)
-2 (4)
Good Morning Suckers (Cindy stole my line), it's Saturday.

Twirls, that's just one of the reasons I won't join facebook, just another place for internet bullies to spew their carp. Funny how they will say things online that they would never, ever have the balls to say to someone in person. I wish they would try it with me face to face just once. I do believe they love to criticize others because their own little lives are so miserable. Here's a little tip for those creeps and losers...if you don't like what we talk about on the BC, DON'T READ IT! I am sure there are thousands of other forums on the net where you can act tough and impress no one but yourself.

Mama bear just made a visit during full daylight, not good. I did notice that she is down to just one cub.

Yes, we did have fun with Boat Drinx, such a nice way to end the week.

EDIT: Oh, Cindy, shouldn't the kids be making dinner for YOU on Mother's Day?
post edited by Badger - 2018/05/12 06:34:55

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/12 07:57:29 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Morning all old farts with ailments

LOL BOB.   I suppose that NO PUN was intended regarding callousness and my feet?  Now that IS funny!

Cindy, was your question referring to the Dr or the FB poster?  The poster DID NOT OFFER any advice about treatment of fungus.  The Dr did.  I'm sure that the poster also had some fungus advice.... although I doubt that it was actually medicinal.
BTW, did anyone else know that FB postings are owned by the poster and they can put ANYTHING THEY WANT on THEIR wall?  I had no clue about freedom of speech in CANADA but apparently it's not just for US citizens!  Didn't Zuckerwhatever just have a serious discussion about that?

Badger OH MY, bears and a bad cold.  Not good about either.  I hope both clear out quick.  Why only 1 cub now?  Surely it's too young to be on its own?

I was so exhausted last night.  Fresh sheets and my fungus and I slept GREAT!  
Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 752 of 838
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5