Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 751 of 807
Author
Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 264
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 22:16:46 (permalink)
Thank the Lord (Stanley)
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 04:53:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Thanks, all, for the well wishes. Paul, I thought the fly-eye was pretty funny, too, so he'll live to see another day. I have a post-op appointment this morning at 7:45 and I think the fly eye goes away. They will test the vision in my right eye, and then I get a patch to wear at night only so I don't rub the eye. It is very itchy under this contraption, and they tell me rubbing it at all can mess things up. I asked and got permission to put a contact in the left eye so I could at least read. I noticed on the drive home from the hospital that since I am so farsighted, cars and trucks passing on the road looked like matchbox toys. Operation was weird, but brief, and they tell me it went well.

Don't have the time to comment on everyone's doings, but I have caught up on reading everything. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Cindy
Almost forgot; Frank, we planted our asparagus so long ago I don't really remember for sure. But I think we have "Mary Washington" and "Jersey Supreme". Both green varieties. I have eaten the white asparagus in the past; I thought it was rather bland in comparison. And the purple turns green once it is cooked, so why bother?

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 05:51:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Topless Drivers, it's Twosday.

I'm so glad everything went well Cindy!

Our asparagus is just coming up, about 2" tall.

We forgot to bring in one of the hummingbird feeders last night, so, of course the bear tore it down.

BBilly, I don't get the "Crotch Drillers" reference, what did I miss?

Chance of rain today and then rain all day tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 06:25:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Tuesday

Badger, Cindy was talking about the woodpeckers and a willow tree with that reference.

Cindy I am glad all went well. My husband had both eyes done last summer. He just has to use cheaters now to read. Did you get some of the awesome sunglasses too?

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29001
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 06:49:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
77 degrees already and headed up to 93.

Dental check up today.  Ugh.  Will be glad to get that over with.

You sure put in your time mowing MB.  5 hours!

Badger - the bears must love those treats you leave out for them

Twirley - our pool was up to 78 Sunday and this week it will be in the 80's for sure.  Won't have time to use it before we leave though.  Christmas in Mexico sounds really neat.  Book early though.  Hope the allergens calm down.

Cindy - no rubbing!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 08:17:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

62°and supposed to hit 86°!  I'll probably be driving topless again.  

Crunch, I think MB should give that place up and sell while she's still young enough to  move.   Just too big for the upkeep.  I keep telling her that I have plenty of room and better winter weather.

Having a bad condition on my feet.  It started after walking in the sargassum.  It could be that.  I was wearing plastic croc flip flops in Mexico and I could have developed an allergy to plastic, like mom.  Or I guess it could be horrible athlete's foot.  The skin has peeled several layers of skin off my feet including the edges and moving onto the top.  Sometimes it gets very dry and itches.  Nothing seems to help including athlete's foot spray or moisturizer.  Yuck.

Not much going on.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8271
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 08:45:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Beautiful blue sky here.
So enjoyed my BFF's visit.  We talked and talked and talked.
She and her daughter were such a pleasure to have as house guest.
Both of them seem to enjoy the deck and star gazing. 
Lil doggie and the daughter enjoyed each other as well.    
Sunday I took them on a drive to Shiloh Natl. Park down river. 
Then to the state park nearby on the TN river. 
Sure hope not so many years go by before we see each other again.  

Cindy,  Glad your eye surgery went well.   Hugs

Twirls and Crunch,  Both of you have such lovely pools.  

Badger,  Those bears are hungry.   Looking for sweets.  LOL

Bosco and Bernie,  Ya'll stay outta trouble... not sure Cozumel can handle both
of you at once.  Yah it can!  Have fun!  

BB,  Hi lady!   

MB,  Hope you are enjoying more spring like weather.  

Have to go to heart doc for check up today.  I feel great so shouldn't be there long.
Wishing everyone a wonderful day. 

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 12:24:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Have a great time at the heart doc PJ.  Hopefully they will kick you right back out with a "you are just fine again".

Twirley - a couple years ago I got athletes foot from the locker room floor at Akumal Dive Shop.  A couple days of spray cleared it right up.  I think maybe you better get it checked because the meds you take affect your immune system and so what would be minor for others can become a big deal for you.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 15:13:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Twirley - a couple years ago I got athletes foot from the locker room floor at Akumal Dive Shop.  A couple days of spray cleared it right up.  I think maybe you better get it checked because the meds you take affect your immune system and so what would be minor for others can become a big deal for you.

Good advice Crunch.  My doctor told me the same thing about cuts and rashes that don't heal quickly.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/08 17:31:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  66 and some light rain.  Not much on my agenda today.  Ran some errands mid-day and then some reading.  Happy that I got the lawn done yesterday as the rest of the week is going to be on the rainy side.

Crunchie, the actual mowing is only 1.5 hrs. but the overall process generally takes 3 hrs.  I was moving slow yesterday in the heat and had several breaks in the shade.  It's all good.  Good advice to Holly. I got ringworm on my cheek in Hawaii in the shower unit.  That was shocking.

Badger, dang bears.  As long as they don't mess with you, Babs and the doggies.

PJ, from April snowstorm to mid-80's.  Crazy.  We will be in a bit of a cool down here but's that is more the norm.  Okay by me other than the flood warnings.  Glad you had such a great visit with your friend and daughter.  Too bad SC wasn't there with Thelma and Louise.

Bernie and Bosco must be having a great time.  Hope so.

Twirls, yes the winter's are tough here and the house/lawn is a lot to handle by myself, but I am not ready to make a major move at this time.  But then again, one never knows.  

Cindy, hope the post-op appointment went well.  Bet you were relieved to put the left contact in. Is Chris pampering you?  Hope so.

Have a beautiful evening all.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 05:19:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
All went well for the post-op, and I am happy to report that I was able to do a thorough eyebrow plucking later in the day.  Was funny to see all the fly-eyes in the waiting room at the clinic, he really does do an assembly line business on Mondays. Stopped on the way home for some oranges for the orioles and sugar to make nectar. Need to get the hummingbird feeders out today. I was able to get started on an overgrown and very weedy patch of house border landscaping. Once I get all the weeds out of there I have a collection of sedums to plant in that area. Hope to get back at that today; Chris will be back at the law office and I won't have to share the lawn tractor and wagon for trips back and forth to the compost pile. Rain moves in later today.

PJ, so glad you had a wonderful time. Wish I could get together with my BFF, it has been so long since we've had actual face time. Just phone calls. Michigan is not all that far away, but there is that rather large pond in the way. Makes for a long drive around it.
Hope the heart Doc appt. went well.

Have to pause and go fix Mollie's breakfast; I'll be back later.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 06:50:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi. Back an hour later and the rain has already begun. No weed digging today. If there are breaks in the rain, I may go to the garden center and shop for annuals. Or clean house. Or both. (I am cleared to drive. Really, the difference is amazing that my sight is already so much better. And with the series of eye drops I have to do 4 times daily, it is supposed to get even better.)

Holly, I agree with Crunch. That has gone on too long. GO GET IT CHECKED OUT! 

BeachBilly, nice to "see" you. Come back more often. And yeah, they told me I might need cheaters for reading. Might. Next eye scheduled for June 18th.

Ok, I think I covered what I meant to...Have a wonderful day all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 06:52:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Last full day at work today.  Only 6 hours tomorrow.  Better get at it!
patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 07:14:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi from the lurker again, live from Roatan! Had a great snorkel Monday before the rain hit. A long drift down the edge of the reef from beyond Infinity Bay to in front of Bananarama. I posted pictures on facebook of the big stuff I saw; I'm sure I missed even more little things. Have had a rain shower every day in the afternoon, causing a stampede to the nearest bar for shelter by the people on the beach. Our friends arrived yesterday so lots of fun was had last night. We should go out on our first dive this afternoon.

Internet is wonky so if the pictures don't paste from facebook, I'm sorry.

patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 07:18:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6651
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 07:44:10 (permalink)
You got the picture I have been trying for years to get a real good one of!!! The fish at cleaning stations will often "stand" on their tails to get cleaned. That makes them vulnerable and skittish. Great shots! 

Lovin life,
Bob

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 09:22:57 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Awesome pictures Patty. Picture #7 fishy has a sad face. He is beautiful. Never seen him before. 

Cindy...I lurk a lot. I have a bazillion pair of cheaters. Kind of an addiction with me. Like shoes, purses and cats are

Such a beautiful day here today. A shame Derby Day wasn't like this.

Have a great one everyone!

Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 09:47:20 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Morning all.
I agree with BB. Awesome pictures, Patty.

We are doing our best to keep Bernie from getting slapped by all the pretty ladies at the pool. 😉 So far so good. 😁

Yes, Jamie, we are at iberostar. We like it..it's nice without being too glitzy. Next time we will try fiesta, closer to town, or a condo even better.

After I put the picture on FB or postimg, how do I post pictures to LG from my phone?

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8271
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 10:47:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning BCers!
Another gorgeous day here.  
Already been outside planting green onion seeds and some marigolds in porch pots.
While lil doggie did her yard patrol.  The cat and I are not getting along in regards to my
porch pots that I have put seeds in.  She is trying to use them for litter box.  Grrrrrr! 
Doesn't bother ones with plants in them.  Put sharp stake in each one... see if that stops her. 
Heart doc check up went well.  I have been feeling great.  Much better than last few years.
When it seemed like I was just dragging myself to get stuff done.  Energy level is much better now.
He did ask that I drop 6 lbs by the time of next appointment in 6 months.  I can do that.
Maybe try for 20 lbs...surprise him and myself.  LOL

Cindy,  Glad you are doing well and can see better already.  Going to make a world of difference.  Hugs
Find a way to make a visit with your BFF happen.  Isn't there a ferry across Lake Michigan?
So that you don't have to drive all the way around.  Phone calls are great....but so enjoyed the visit
in person.  We just fell in like we had never been apart.  Loved it!    

Patty75,  Love your pictures!  Awesome captures.   More please!

Crunch,  So excited for you and Tomas!  Trip to Cozumel is going to be wonderful.
Hope you touch base with Bernie in the airport.  That would be so cool. 

SoSo,   Loving your pics from Isla Mujeres on FB.  Sorry your camera stopped working.

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 11:49:22 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Morning all
Beautiful pics.  Thanks Patty. Hope you have a great trip.  Is the reef in much better shape than Akumal area?  Probably a dumb question...

Crunch and others, yes.  I have an appointment tomorrow.  You and only a few recognize that RA is not arthritis.  It's an auto immune disease.  I have to remember that myself and realize that things affect me differently.  I do now, after research, 
believe it's a raging case of athletes foot.  YUCK.

More drama from the DIL.  I believe she is in full blown menopause.  She can't be that crazy for no reason...unless she is crazy or in menopause.  

Oops.  Lost in the middle of posting.  And the continued drama starts for the day....

Better get on with what I need to be doing...
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 12:24:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Patty - wow!  Thanks.

BB - aren't you retiring next month?
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 13:54:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch...Not next month. I keep pushing it back because I am SCARED! Our Governor is screwing with our pension system, so it really needs to be 2018. I've been here over half of my life. I am instituitonalized

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/09 17:25:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  61 and mostly cloudy.  Spritzed off and on all day.  Did some indoor chores and spent 1.5 hours on phone with State Farm agent.  New homeowners policy issued and needed to review all changes, new endorsements, etc.  Tomorrow a mid-morning call with CPA's office. 

Patty, thanks for the beautiful pics.  

Cindy, that is great news on the eye surgery.   A bunch of my sedum didn't make it.  Not sure what happened.  

Crunchie, one more shorter day tomorrow.  Yippee.

Bosco, wish I could help you out on your pic posting.  Have you done any snorkeling?  Good thing you are keeping tabs on Bernie.  Enjoy.

Hola to everyone else. Be well, MB

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 05:15:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Pluckers, it's Thirstday.

Awesome pix, Patty, thanks for taking time to post them!

Cindy, I'm so glad that your vision is better so soon after surgery!

Bosco, I know nothing about facecrack, but I believe someone said that you just have to copy and paste the image. Keeping Bernie out of trouble must be a full time job.

BBilly, that sux!

PJ, happy that you had a good checkup.

Crunch, almost there!

Internet problems yesterday.

Rained on and off all day, now looking at sunny but cool the next few days.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6651
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/10 06:18:32 (permalink)
Today, apparently, is fix the cars day! We have to go to the big city and get some various supplies, which we'll do right after the front end of my car aligned. Her car has brake parts coming next day, and should arrive today, so, I'll be fixing the brakes on her car tonight. (Volkswagon electric emergency brake motors attached to the calipers.) I already did the dismantle to fond the issue and put it back together, along with the instructional youtube videos (Glad I can still learn, I have it my hands to do this work, and the tools). This is about a $400.00  repair that we are doing for less than $60.00 in parts and a couple hours labor. That equates to a pretty good hourly wage (saved)

I also need to but some parts to put soft water in the garage. When we wash the cars in the winter, the hard water leaves water spots all over the windows (I have very hard water). Also need parts for my roto tiller. I seem to be opening a mechanic shop, LOL!!!

Tonight is the last night in my house for a while. We'll be heading down to the other big city tomorrow, and dropping the dog off at a friends, while we spend the night there, ready to board our flight to Cozumel Saturday morning! Sunday night, we'll all be meeting at Casa Denis, making our very loose plans for the island time with Crunch and Thomas, others, too!! I hear there may be a team Kandy siting! I'm sure we'll see plenty of interesting marine life. I'll do my best to match Patty's pictures!

for this morning, I have my have heart trap set up. Those red squirrels and chipmunks eat all my blueberries before they turn blue!!!! They need a new home. But some of  those chipmunks are quite tame. I may make a pet out of one, get some clear poly tubes and set them up around the screen room and watch hi run around, drive the cat crazy!!! (Not really, but I think I would enjoy it!)

Gotta go folks, big day ahead, gonna put the hurt on the old credit card. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..751752753754755.. > >> Showing page 751 of 807
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5