Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..746747748749750.. > >> Showing page 750 of 807
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/05 20:29:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

Derby day was fun and exciting if not profitable.  BBQ WAS EXCELLENT.  The new electric smoker is a success.  Ribs and pork butt had a nice bark and moist, juicy and pulled from the bones easily.  All the fixins to accompany.   Large selection of appetizers too.

My favorite horse came in 2nd.  Did ANYBODY pick 4th place?  Never even heard a mention about that horse.

BEARS,...OH MY.  NO THANK YOU.

I'm ready for bed.  Busy day.
Bosco
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7484
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 05:08:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all.

Happy Birthday, Jamie.

We are off on our top secret trip to visit Bernie. (He knows we will be there).
Haven't seen Cozumel since 2009. Looking forward to it.
Was sad not having Vino (our dog, not the grapey beverage), here last night.
We had to drop him off yesterday because of our early flight.

Twirls...we will make sure Bernie hangs up his shirts. NOT.

I will try to post some Family Friendly pictures.
Crunch, install the app call "Postimg". It's great. (thanks to whoever told me about it).

A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home...
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8113
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 05:36:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Toe Lickers, it's Sunday.

Have a great time Bosco! Pix would be appreciated.

No sign of the bears so far, but I did keep my head on a swivel when I went out to the shop this morning.

I have to drive to Superior to pick up some tools, then need to install a new garage door opener for a friend and hope to take the afternoon off, we'll see.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6651
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 05:43:19 (permalink)
Bosco!!! Pulling a Bosco will now have a new meaning!!! Sneaking away to Mexico! Have a great time!

MB, always catch and release, he needed to grow a bit bigger! My g/f loves bass and asked if I was bringing it home. Only on camera!

Looks like I'm gonna get my 100th day skiing this season. Sugarloaf is open, I gotta notch that 100th day!!! Lessee, skiing, fishing and Cozumel (Leaving Saturday), all in the space of one week. Yeah, this will be a week to remember!
Gotta run. 

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 264
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 06:15:58 (permalink)
BEing a Caps fan can be satisfying
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 08:25:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Jamie, too late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERY DAY!  Terrible that no one remembered or forgot to say anything.  I try to ignore mine and I never remember others.

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 09:06:44 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday Jamie!!

Yesterday was day drinking and eating.  was mucho fun.  Nap...(ahem)... at 5:30, woke up at 8:30, Mr JJ fed me and I went to bed.  and was up before 6 am this morning. 

Not sure of our agenda today.  I'm hoping we finish up the farm move, then plant some flowers. 

Twirls , we saw a lot of derby hats yesterday and I thought of you!

Enjoy your Sunday Clubbers!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 12:09:06 (permalink)
Happy Birthday Jamie!!!!

I went skiing today and notched that 100th day. I may have still gone even if it wasn't to get into triple digits. I love skiing! Anyways, here is what they advertised for today's skiing and I still went:

We'll have somewhere in the neighborhood of 17 trails open, and conditions should definitely be considered expert-only. You'll encounter rocks, grass, mud, sticks, rivers, sinkholes, quicksand, alligators, dragons, and other assorted obstacles. If you like your trails smooth, white, and void of things that aren't snow, this weekend probably isn't for you.

I didn't get to see the alligators or dragons they promised, but it was very challenging. If I wasn't scraping my skis over the rocks protruding to just beneath the surface of the snow, I'd still be there. Anyways, it was fun!

Lessee....May 6 today, leaving May 12, carry the hypotenuse, square root of excitement, I come up with 6 days to Cozumel!!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 14:08:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Have a great trip, Bosco, will be fun for you to meet up with Bernie. Are you also staying at the Iberostar like Bernie?

Bob, congrats on breaking into triple digits skiing this year, and have a safe trip to Cozumel also.

Glad you avoided another bear encounter, Badger.

Holly, ribs sound terrific, don't think I have ever had pork butt though.

Sounds like a great way to spend a nice lazy Saturday JJ.

Best wishes to Cindy, doesn't she have cataract surgery soon?

Thanks so much to my LG family for the birthday wishes, it means a lot to me.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9835
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 17:18:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Afternoon
A very happy belated birthday Jamie!
We had a great time at the Derby party, but neither of us picked any winners. We did bring a camera, but never even thought about it, too busy yakking with old friends and new friends. So sorry, guys. Made a stop at a liquor store on the way to CC and TOMV's place and scored some Milagro 99,000 Horas anejo tequila. One for CC and one for us to bring home. A very fine sipping tequila.

Left Mom's this morning and made it home by around 10:30 am. Was anxious to get home and get mowing. First we had to do some major yard cleanup. The high winds last week did a number on a curly willow tree. It was dying already last year, and over the winter the woodpeckers went to town drilling the center crotch of the tree. Wind sent that whole center section crashing. If you  know these trees, they are very soft wood. Left hundreds of branches to pick up, and sawing of the big pieces. Big mess, but we got it done and I began mowing. Noticed as I went around asparagus bed that we have lovely new spears ready for cutting and enough to make a fine meal.
Have some chicken breasts marinating in a citrus-basil marinade. We will soon be eating a dinner of grilled asparagus and chicken breasts. Healthy AND yummy.

Have to be at the Hospital at 5:30 am tomorrow, so plan to make it and early night. Still not comfortable with the idea of someone or thing (I guess it's mostly robotics) cutting on my eye, but everyone tells me not to worry. So anyway, I doubt very much I will be posting in the morning tomorrow. Prayers appreciated, or even just a good thought sent my way. Love ya all!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 18:01:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  74 now.  Another beautiful day.  Early church.  Received a disturbing text from a GF of 40+ years.  Her husband had a seizure/mini-stroke on 3/26 and had to have emergency surgery for a brain tumor and then more tests have revealed major heart issues and blot clots in one of his legs.  Still in hospital.  Then the next text was from BIL whose legs are now failing, probably the pancreatic cancer which was diagnosed 6 months ago.  Had all I could do to get to church and keep it together.  Been a melancholy day and would gladly welcome prayers.  Thanks for listening.

Bosco, have yourself a great time on Coz with Bernie.  

Twirls, put a smile on my face that you enjoyed Derby day with others.  Hugs.

Badger, hope you enjoyed a work/care free afternoon.  

Jamie, you are a part of the LG family.  Already put the date on my smartphone.100

Bob, congrats on 100.  You did it.  Now you will have to up your game for next year.

JJ, did you get those flowers planted?

Hola SoSo.  Hope you're having a great time.

Edit:  Cindy, glad you are home safely.  Wow, you are the energizer bunny.  Your dinner sounds great....minus the asparagus. Lo siento. More of a broccoli gal.  Prayers for you tomorrow on the eye surgery.  Double hugs.

Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/05/06 18:09:52

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 18:33:45 (permalink)
+2 (2)
first picking of asparagus for the 2018 season. . .delish

Video
Pix
YouTube

patty1975
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 148
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/06 19:55:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi everyone from a big time lurker.

Fun keeping up with everyone.

Bernie, have fun in Coz. We had it on our radar but pulled the trigger for Isla in October instead. All ya'all are invited if you want to crash the party!

Currently in Roatan!! It was a great day today, but Larry really needs to remember SUNSCREEN. He got burned. Again. Geez. We brought floaties this year. Best thing ever. 

Cindy, good luck with the cataract surgery. I had mine in 2011, I think, and Larry just had his left eye done last month. Do the drops as the doc prescribes. Mine turned out very well as did Larry's. The only bad thing - you will need reading glasses for the rest of your life unless you choose to have the surgery mimic your contacts (monovision). 

Holly, I've had many nightmares myself. Most of them involved me getting killed. They scare the bejesus out of me, then go away for another month or two. No idea why. 

Chicken and asparagus looks good. I just fixed us toasted turkey sammiches with cheese, tomato, avocado, and Lazano sauce. Made it up as I went along - really love the Lazano. If you haven't tried it, I suggest that you do. Was told that in Costa Rica, they have Lazano on the restaurant tables instead of catsup. 

Hoping to dive soon. Our dive company had a minor issue with their boat so may not go out until Tuesday. Friends from Colorado and Missouri are meeting us here Tuesday. They have never been here. Really looking forward to seeing them and showing them the reef.

Loving our studio at Casa de Paradise. Half of the place is empty. There aren't many cruise ships scheduled for the next two weeks. We've been here two days and have yet to see anyone else on our part of the beach. Renee, no sight of Lincoln yet. I heard that the beach vendors have to purchase licenses now (as of March 1). Security/policia are checking so the number of beach vendors has dropped dramatically. Like that part. Haven't found the banana bread guy yet. Unfortunately, the massage ladies are managing to dodge the authorities and are still a pain the butt. 

Bye!

Patty
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 06:00:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Nightmares, it's Moanday.

Cindy, best of luck, we'll be thinking of you!

Mmm, asparagus.

Geez MB, too much bad news at once, hugs.

Jamie, no more bear sightings, hoping that between the dogs and the bottle rocket they got the message.

I wanna party with JJ.

Patty, take lots of pix for us!

Sunny and 80F today, then chances of rain and 60s the rest of the week.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 06:58:37 (permalink)
Cindy, those docs have the eye surgery down to a boring routine. Boring is good. You'll be good as new, maybe even better in short time!

MB, Hugs. Just hugs...

Today is window washing day, and I have more windows this year! Weather looks good outside, so there is that. 

Be well all, and for all you folks down south of the border, have a great one!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29001
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 07:00:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
MB - I think you and I are probably the only 2 people on the planet that do not like Asparagus.  I am so sorry to hear that Tim is having such a hard time. Prayers said for both him and your GF's husband.

Cindy - wishing you a super easy procedure and recovery.  Glad you had a great time doing the derby with the Chi town kids.

Bob - 100 days.  Wow!

Soso and Patty - soldier on

Twirley - hope Pearl is a good puppy this week and you can enjoy the pool.  Ours is still only at 78, but temps in the 90's all week should warm it up.

Bernie - hope you are having a wonderful time.  
Badger - glad to hear no more bear sightings.
JJ - hope you are enjoying the new house if you ever get a moment to relax!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 07:23:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Cindy, I'll be thinking of you.

Badger, 80?  It jumped fast!
We'll have 80+ all week.  85+ tomorrow!  Glad the pool is open and warming up.

Allergies are kicking my arse and sinuses.  Can't breathe again.

Yesterday Cammie and I went downtown Springfield to the Artsfest.  Was a nice afternoon.  I was particularly looking for a piece of art for the long wide hallway.  I didn't see the perfect piece for the hall but I did see a fabulous mixed medium piece that would look very "old Mexico" and really great in my solarium room.  I got her card.  I already have stuff that I need to use first in the room.  I still haven't "decorated" with what I have.

Thinking of trying out a couple of winter months in Mexico.  Length of stay will depend on getting Pearl travel trained and other critter care...and meds availability.  I realize that I'm going to have to make reservations early so this winter may have to be in 2 week sections of travel.

I do hope this COMING OUT by women in reporting sexual abuse is a lasting lesson.  TAKE THEM ALL DOWN including the POS Governor of Missouri.  

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 09:03:03 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Monday

Badger...I was so hoping your salutation would be Good Morning Crotch Drillers. Maybe next time

Happy Belated Birthday Jamie!

Bernie & Bosco...Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Crunch...You and Tomas are next! 

I love asparagus!

Have a great day everyone

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 09:30:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
"the fly" is home recuperating from cataract surgery

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29001
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 12:18:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
  Great picture of "The Fly"

Hi BB!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 16:53:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
OMG! Cindy is going to seriously kill you!

Wag more....bark less.
Tricky
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 264
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 17:29:20 (permalink)
Pray for the Caps.  Please.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 17:36:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy--So how long do you get to play "The Fly"?  Would be the start of a great Halloween costume if you had one for the other eye!

I assume the other eye is working.  Here is an asparagus article that might interest you.
 http://www.feastmagazine.com/sponsored/in-good-taste/article_9e4304d8-47d8-11e8-85f7-8730905b2e35.html

Do you know what strain of asparagus you are growing?  I think you ought to try growing some of the white variety and let us know how it is!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2018/05/07 17:50:13
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1849
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 18:15:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Hit 85 today and a beautiful day.  Rain on the way this week so decided to do my first lawn mowing.  Got the push mower going on the 3rd pull and rider started right up with new battery.  Started around 11 and finished at 4.  Mowing, trimming, blowing, vehicles in and out as well as mowers, 2 birdbaths cleaned, bird seed filled, all plants watered. Then on to a shower.   

Badger, good to hear no more bear sightings. 

Holly, thanks for the chats.  Hope you got the Camaro out today.

Wonder if Bosco and Bernie will check in and send us some photos....????

SoSo, have a great time on HolBox.  Love that place.  So relaxing and a cool vibe.  

Frank, shame on you silly man.

Crunchie, thanks for your comments on Tim and GF's husband and the rest of the other BC comments.  Appreciate it so much.  Thanks for caring.

Cindy, hope you're doing well. One more eye and you are good to go.  Hugs.  

I'm chuckling that I was the first in hood to mow, and then another and another. Life is good. Be well all. MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/05/07 18:18:54

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/05/07 21:16:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

I'm so clogged up!  Weather station just says "Allergy count HORRIBLY HIGH"
Eyes itch and are swollen.

Speaking of...HOW'S THE FLY?   I'm sure you'll be able to see everything I can't, even with my glasses.  I'm jealous.

I've decided I may spend Christmas in Mexico.  I have nothing here but the critters and traditions.

I did do some topless driving today.  One reason I can't breathe!  But I love it.

87° was HOT for this time of year so we had a girl's afternoon at the pool.  No dipping was involved except feet!

Hope all the brats down south are having a great time.

Page: << < ..746747748749750.. > >> Showing page 750 of 807
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5