Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..736737738739740.. > >> Showing page 736 of 792
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28995
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 07:04:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Susy - hoping you are feeling more peaceful today.  Hugs.

Bernie - beautiful Azaleas.  Wow.

Soso and MB - gorgeous sunrise. Gracias.

Bob - that is a well built mail box.  Nice!

C&c - that weather just sucks.  Stay in!

SNF - gorgeous Peacock.

Twirley - what a rotten day.  Now I will be hearing "I can't drive 55" by Sammy Hagar in my head all day  What type sandals?  Tomas has terrible feet too and can only wear certain shoes or else.

Cat - cannot wait to hear your impressions of the changed area.  Despite it all we still had a great time there in November.

Badger - sounds like a wonderful time except the dental work.  Extremely high winds here in Texas so maybe you are getting the edge of that.  Tell Babs I hope a much less violent day with the dentist today
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 07:23:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

A beautiful bright sunny day in store for the coast today. 58F at 7:31 and the weather lady says we will have beach high of 74 degrees. Nice.

Speaking of the beach, took Debby to the newly 'refurbished' Ocean Isle Beach yesterday for her birthday. The dredging operation added a lot of material to the beach and it is very noticeable how much  the level of the beach has been increased. Downside : it no longer the soft powdery white sand but rather a coarser material mixed with broken shells, small rocks and sand. And it "looks" funny, as in different. I never took my shoes off for my walk so I will ask Deb how it actually feels on bare feet. I took a couple of pictures but not sure if you can see the results of the reclamation efforts. So anyway, got Debby settled in with chair, cooler & umbrella and I took off for a walk. Was feeling pretty good and pushed myself all the way to the Shallotte Inlet. By the time I got back the wind had picked up and Deb was ready to get home to change clothes and have a cocktail on the screened porch. We chatted and relaxed, remembering good times in the past when life seems a lot simpler. Soon it was time for me to take the birthday girl out to dinner. We went to the Vineyard restaurant in Calabash, serving a Mediterranean style of pastas plus seafood and steaks. If you would like to see their menu it's on line. We both had a great meal.

Today, I believe Debby wants to check on her house again. Not sure if she wants me to tag along. I want to get on line first and pay my taxes and the 1st quarter estimated taxes. Yes, it's a few days early but I just want to get it off my plate. Besides, I'll be using my credit card for more airline miles. Maybe I'll earn enough towards another Caribbean trip.

SoSo, some of us here are using Postimage.org  Your picture that MB posted was quite nice. Thank you.

I don't know Bob. You might be asking for trouble by using that metal beam. Looks sturdy, though.

Nice turkey, Chris ! I have never seen one that colorful.

Badger, glad to hear you are having a good time, although it doesn't sound like Babs is having as much fun. Hammer & chisel ??  Yikes !

Thanks, Crunch. I wish those Azaleas could bloom all year long.

Well, I'm scooting for now. Hope I can get my pics posted. That web site I mention to SoSo sometimes is off & on.
See y'll tomorrow.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 07:29:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
to the South

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 07:30:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
looking North

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 07:31:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
the beach is a lot wider now

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 08:14:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning all
Got a good night's sleep.  I was hoping to get the Camaro out 1 more as its still very warm and going to 75.  It was beautiful when I ran through, let the cats out, turned on coffees and jumped back in bed.  It was sprinkling when I got up 15 minutes later.  Tornadoes, large hail and storms on the way.

Remind to delete "Little old lady from Pasadena" from my playlist on my phone.  I always drive faster when I hear that tune!  Beach Boys music also does that to me.
GF says to pay that ticket will be around $500 and to plea it off my record, about $1200.  YIKES but I knew it would happen someday.  Going to call my attorney today.

Bernie, the beach looks nice but I would hate the NEW sand too.

Badger, see you soon.  Maybe you'd ride to Akumal with us early Saturday and come back after visiting friends?  You could surprise your Cueva buddies.
We'll put you in a fast cab back!

Got a lot to do today.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 08:24:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bob, 're mail boxes.  Here they are required to "break away"  also.  I had a mail box in a bucket, (like your temp).  It was surrounded by rocks in the bucket.  The mailman complained because he had to "Chase it" to get the mail in.  I had to add concrete to keep it steady.

Meanwhile, I forgot to close the bathroom and closet doors this morning when I let Pearl out of her kennel.  Guess who is now lamenting that over the chewed up inner sole in my only decent walking shoes?  The trainer constantly reminds me that "SHE'S STILL A PUPPY!"

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 08:32:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beach Bernie

SoSo, some of us here are using Postimage.org  Your picture that MB posted was quite nice. Thank you.

BB, are you still using postimage.org? When I try to access it I get a message that it is locked and all of my photos on my Trip Report and Friday Funnies have disappeared.
I am now using imgbb.com

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 08:52:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Glorious here.  Temps are warm and there is a nice breeze.
Not gonna last... dark clouds on the western horizon.  Stormy weekend forecast.  
Was in awe when I walked out on to deck with first cup of coffee.  There was a herd
of deer walking up the road.  Just stood very still and watch them go up the hill.  
The sun topped our hill and hit the hills on west side of the river... had such a beautiful golden hue.
Those oak trees are chock full of oak pollen.  Anyway all the awesome sights of nature made me smile.  
Nice start to my day.    
Was plum tuckered out from working at tax office yesterday.  Ordered food from Mexican restaurant
for dinner. Tasted so good!  Especially since I did not have to cook it.  In bed by 8:30 pm.  Back at it again today 
and tomorrow.  Then done.   Bro and SIL only doing extensions on Monday.  Leaving for vacation on Tuesday.
I'll watch the house and cat.  Take in the mail.   When they come back... I am going to take off for a few days in
Memphis with SC.  Want to go to the Greek Festival.  Visit the botanical gardens.  Weather permitting. 

SoSo,  The sunset picture was one of the most colorful you have ever posted.  What way to start your day! 

Bernie,  Glad your sis had a nice birthday.  

Badger,  Give Babs a hug for me.  She is one tough lady.  Cringing about the hammer deal.

Twirls,  Bummer about the speeding ticket. 

Wishing all a wonderful day! 

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 08:53:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  38, cloudy with a high of 41.  Robins abound and the geese and ducks have returned.  

Bob, hoping that new mail box works out for you.  Have fun on the slopes.

Cindy, ditto on the weather here.  8-12" of snow expected after rain today, then freezing rain and wintry mix through Sunday morning. Winds gusts 40-50 mph.  

Bernie, your azaleas are beautiful.   What happened with the microwave?  Sounds like a lovely day yesterday with Deb.  Pretty sure it put a smile on her face.  You are the best brother ever!

Badger, you couldn't have planned your trip at a better time and you get to meet up with some LG folks.  Sounds like a fun day planned with friends.  Chisel and hammer....you are messing with us, right?  Hope today's dental visit goes smoothly for Babs.

PJ, what a great way to start off your day.  

Susy, hope your day is a little brighter sweetie.

Crunchie, yippee it's Friday.  

SoSo, fun chatting with you last evening.

Twirls, that was quite a day.  Ouch on the ticket.  Had to laugh about your sandal story.  Reminded me of similar experience.  Went to grab a couple pairs of sandals to pack and couldn't find them. Found both pairs in a suitcase from a prior trip.  Yup, just can't make this stuff up.  Hope you have a better day.

Hola to everyone else.  Make it a great day.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/04/13 09:44:51

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 09:52:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Back real quick to answer questions :

Badger, yes, I used the postimage.org this AM to post the beach pictures above. I also had that message but hit the 'choose image' button anyway and the site acted like normal. Have no idea what is going on with them.

MB, I totally forgot to tell ya what happened on microwave, as yesterday got busy with Deb's birthday.
So I went to Lowe's and purchased a new microwave on sale Wednesday; it was sitting in the garage unopened when my two repair guys showed up at 10AM yesterday. The owner of the company suggested he check the fuse in my old micro before they installed the new one. If that was the problem, a minimum charge for me and no mess. Bingo. Fuse was replaced and they were out the door
in 20 minutes. Trip charge only + tax = $100.  I took the micro back to Lowe's for full credit on my charge card before Deb & I left for the beach. I have said this before but I do love a story with a happy ending. Ha !

See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 12:22:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!

Just back from a hot sweaty lesson on a very hot sweaty hairy and shedding up a storm horse.  Was fun though.  Warmer weather brings out all the winter hibernating riders, so it was busy. Gonna grab some lunch and head out to the garden.Yesterday I got half of the preen and fertilizer down , hope to finish it today.

The silly turkey on the road to the ruins would not let us pass. Cindy finally got out and chased it away. Then it went after the car that was behind us.  Was colorful though!

Ouch on the ticket Miss Twirly Leadfoot!  Too bad the cop couldn't just give you a warning.

Badger I need the name of your dentist.  I am missing Mexico and have a list of needed dental work.  Please tell me the hammer was a Badgerxageration.

Nice results on the microwave Bernie!

Keep that yucky cold weather up north please C&C and MB.  Sounds awful!

Have a good weekend all!

Keav & Pam

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6650
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 12:30:59 (permalink)
I got the new mailbox in place. Only thing is I need more spring on it. It swings pretty easily. I should be able to pick it up today and get it installed.

You can probably see that I have the board on top, where the mailbox is attached, sticking out 8 inches. It will be moved back that 8 inches once my neighbor is able to move his box back. The boxes need to be about even for ease of mail delivery, obviously. 

Twirley, I understand being behind a slow stinky truck. Always my greatest fear passing one and he speeds up and then the oncoming vehicle is a cruiser. Ouch..... Best of luck with that one. 

Bernie, that beach sand may not be the soft smooth stuff, but it still looks good!

96th day of skiing today, It poured last night, What a mooshfest!!! Got a couple hours in, then the headache kicked in, had to go home and rest a little bit. 

Gotta run, visiting grandkids.

Be well all. 

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 12:35:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh MB - that weather report is a nightmare.

Bernie - you did a great job making it a good birthday for your sister.  I am sure that helped a lot.  Great news on the microwave.

Turkey?  I thought it was a Peacock at a quick glance
Catalina
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 461
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 13:05:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
C&C and Pam, thanks for the pic of the turkey that Pam took; I think they are beautiful. I have never seen one "in person" but they are ocellated turkeys that reside primarily in the Yucatán Peninsula.

So sorry, I don't have much time but "hola" to all of you BCers!

Badger, I am looking forward to seeing you again and finally meeting Babs.

And crunch, I am trying not to 2nd guess things, but I fear my impressions are already formed.

No matter what, I plan to have a good time with Twirley and also meeting other LG peeps!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 15:51:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
SoSo, that sunrise pic is absolutely stunning, thanks to MB for posting it.

Bernie, the beach does look quite a bit wider. Score on the microwave.

Susy, so sorry about your friend Marcie. Hopefully the many wonderful memories you have of her will help ease the pain of the loss.

Nice looking mailbox, Bob.

Yikes on the fine Holly? Traffic school not an option?

My bathroom is FINALLY back to normal, granite countertop guy was here this am to install new top and sink, plumbers came an hour or so later. Thank heavens!!!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 16:34:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Turkey?  I thought it was a Peacock at a quick glance

Here I thought you were kidding when you first said that!  Keavin made his turkey call and that guy lost interest in the hen he was following and fell in love with Keavin. Would not get out of the way! Beautiful bird though, didn't want it to get hurt.

Foggy, dreary cold and wet. Just had a brief heavy downpour, then the sound changed. Looked out the window and sure enough: Hail. Not too big though, about pea-sized. Glad I didn't go out and pick up the winter crop of branches yet, wind is howling and I'm sure more branches will be hitting the ground. This sux! It's April for crying out loud. 
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 17:13:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy and MB your weather sounds horrible or worse.  
I'm watching the first round of tornado warnings and reports.  It's in AR but coming.  We currently have spotty storms.  Most will hit after dark.
The neighbor, from now on known as Jaymie, came and vacuumed the storm shelter.  We stored some water, paper towels, blankets etc.  Trying to get ready for the season but possibly starting tonight.  Tornado warning #2 just came on.  Same cell.  No reports of damage but it looks like it heading directly for the mountaintop home I used to have.  I always worried about tornadoes as its the highest point around.

Pam, glad you explained the story about the bird.  Funny about it liking Keavin.   Beautiful bird.  Thanks for the details ,Cat.

PJ, sounds like a lovely morning there.

Jamie, glad to hear from you and that your bathroom is once again totally usable with no mess.  Wish you were going with me!  You deserve it.  Maybe fall.  

Yes, it was a beautiful photo and thanks MB, for reposting.  I'll need help with reposting from FB next week.
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2505
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 17:47:20 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Buenas tardes, BC!
That weather you are getting, Cindy, is headed our way. Three days ago we were looking at close to 70 for the weekend...not anymore! High in the low 40s, dropping into the 30s by tomorrow afternoon, with freezing rain into Sunday AM. PJ, we hit 61 today. Nice to be able to step out side in the morning with a cup of coffee and no winter jacket.  At least (knock wood) we are not getting that stuff you're expecting, MB. And MIA Badger sure knows when to skip town!

Our justice system is REALLY messed up, Suzy! And it's the innocents that suffer! Burns my butt! As others have said, remember only the good times with Marcie and her family.

Twirls!! That ticket would bankrupt me! Well, maybe not, but that is a LOT of margaritas in MX. Back in the day, I lost my "privilege to drive in NY state, indefinitely.", while in school, three speeding tickets in an eight month period. Good thing that letter arrived after the end of my last semester. Stay safe tonight! Sometimes I'm thankful I only have to deal with incessant snow and cold...can't imagine having to dash to a shelter in my yard. Posting picks here from facebook is easy peasy! Bring up the post you put the picture in, right click to copy, then go to your LG post you are going to make. Put the cursor where you want the picture to appear in the post, and right click paste.

Jamie, that's just a ridiculous amount of time to replace that vanity. Glad you're back in operation!

Cat, You're going to have so much fun! Written impressions are only a teaser!

Crunch, Your dad is trying to hold on to his independence and it's a good thing he recognizes that that feeling of loss and loneliness can be lessened by getting out. Some new friends would be a great thing!

SNF, I may have mentioned once that my sister has a horse, boarded at another's farm. Name is Iben...
  She try to ride whenever she gets a chance. She's always been a "horse person". Had a paint when she was younger. He was an ornery cuss, when he knew he could get away with it. I ONCE got on him, and he realized immediately there was a rookie in the saddle; took me for a merry ride!
Going to be in Morristown for en event next weekend (near you?)...Sat. AM lows are in the 30s! Going to have to bring two blankets AND sleep in my regimental coat.

Bob, I know where you're coming from. My mailbox post (the second install) has screws holding the post together. Ground is thawed enough so I guess I need to get on that, along with the plow damage repairs/clean-up.

Badger, You sneaky! We did that to the group one year in MX; rounded the corner by the pool at Pavo Real and it was tears and "you SOBes!"
SoSO, beautiful sunrise! I'm looking forward to that view myself. We might see you and DH...keep a watch out.

BeBe, Give my belated birthday wishes to Deb. And congratulate her on her new digs; home is where the heart is, or so they say....  And a beach is a beach in my book. I think the beaches in Cancun are similar as they have pumped lots of "sand" over the years.

Dinner is ready, and it's time for another cocktail.....enjoy your weekend! 

post edited by maplesyrup - 2018/04/13 17:54:33

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 18:40:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Well done Sir Syrup 😁
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 18:51:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  37 now.  Couple small bouts of light rain and ice pellets briefly.  I am in denial as nothing is happening, but I know it is definitely coming this evening.  

Twirls, glad you are getting the shelter readied but I would add a few other items....vino, pee bucket with lid, TP and my list goes on.  When do you leave, tomorrow?  

MapleSyrup, love the pic of sister's horse, Iben.  Glad things are going well and you will be leaving soon to meet up with some folks.  Enjoy that drink and dinner.

Bob, nice shots of new mail box assembly.  

Bernie, they sure did expand the beach surface area but I do love that soft sand, like Tulum and Xpu Ha, versus the courser shell sand elsewhere.  Still beautiful and inviting.  Thanks for the pics.

Badger, thanks for the pics on TR.  15 peso food items crack me up down there and love that stuff.  Hope you both had a fabulous day and a great evening.

Cindy, that is the same oscillated turkey that stopped our vehicle and did a bump and run when we drove off.  He rules.  And, Chris, I believe that is Calakmul...you silly guy.

Jamie, finally it's done.  Enjoy, you deserve it gal.

Gotta grab a bite to eat.  Have a pleasant and safe evening all.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/14 06:18:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Wind is ferocious, gusts to 50mph. Between the rain pelting the house and the wind making things creak, this 110yo house is very noisy this morning. Turns to snow later today, now saying we might get as much as 4-5 inches. We lucked out on the hail yesterday, though. Cities of Sheboygan and Beaver Dam (not very far from us) had so much hail they had to get the plows out to remove it, the roads were that treacherous.

MB, when Chris posted that turkey pic, I told him Calakmul, and that he should correct it. He never did, so I did it yesterday. The other site we visited was Becan. Amazing corbeled arch there; formed a tunnel that had to be maybe 40-50 yards long.

Crunch, "Sir Syrup"! What a great nickname. And a masterful post, Sir Syrup. Batten down the hatches if you are getting this weather. It is no fun at all.

Jamie, happy to hear you finally have a fully functional bathroom again. Seems like it took forever. Hope that is the last of your troubles for a while.

Twirley, go granny, go granny go granny go, ooo weee o.  Not really! You gotta rein all that horsepower in or Daddy(the cops) will take the T-bird (Camaro) away.

Badger, I too hope the hammer and chisel was an exaggeration. If not, Babs has my sympathies.

SoSo, More sunrises? Puh-lease!
Refill time on the java, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/14 06:44:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!

Uphill.. nicely done on the mailbox. 

Sir Syrup.. Love the new name. 

It's been in the 70's the past 3 days.  today's high is 40 calling for a wintry mix.  Winter has to leave some time, right?  There are a lot of flowering trees blooming around here. 

I'm still learning the fire stick.  I don't want to pay for local channels,, and I haven't found the app where I don't have to pay, so in the mean time, we are switching over to antenna TV for local channels.  Maybe that's what you are suppose to do??  It's just a different way of watching TV.. But it sure is a lot cheaper!  and NO Infomercial channels!

One of the local humane society's is having a special this weekend.  only $35 to rescue a dog.  So we are going this morning.  Mr JJ wants a puppy... I'd like one a little older.  We've agreed on a small dog...HOWEVER, I told him I'm not getting one just to get one.  If I don't see what we want, then we will keep on looking. 

Twirls when do you leave?  
Have fun Badger and SoSo

have a great weekend Clubbers!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/14 06:49:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Woke very early to weather radio squawking.  Storms have arrived here.
Lil Doggie left me and ran downstairs to basement.  Stumbled around got the meds down.
Made pot of coffee.  Gotta have my coffee!  Now in basement with SJ and lil doggie. 
Wall of water just crossed the river.  Suppose to work today.  That may or may not happen.  We'll see. 
Stay safe everyone.    

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/14 07:12:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

A little cloudy this AM on the coast. Current temp is 60F at 7:10 with a high of 74 degrees under partly cloudy skies. Might just be a good day for my 1st grass cutting, a true sign of Spring.

Yesterday Debby went to check on her house. Appliances are all installed, as is the gas fire place. Don't think I ever mentioned it but the development has natural gas hook up's. Not a rare thing in S.C. but only found in some areas and only new developments. Her stove is also a natural gas one.  I think the inside of the house is all done and this week the builder will complete the final dirt grading and landscaping.

I went by the new Publix store to see when it was going to open : grand opening May 2nd. Now I know. Drove across the street to my regular Lowe's Foods for some sale items and staples. Oh, Marie Callender's pot pies were on sale. My weakness. So tasty and so not very good for you. I got home and paid my taxes and started to make my packing list for Cozumel. Now I'm getting excited.

Deb wants to do another beach day, so BeBe will get out there to cut the grass in an hour or so.

PJ, bet you will be glad when tax season is over and you can spend some time with SC.

That's a nice looking mail box, Bob.

Hi Jamie. You got you stuff all done. About time, right ?

Cindy, your weather up there hasn't turned yet either. Bummer.  I bet Spring will be there NEXT week.
Let's see if my prediction is correct. Good luck with that. 

Thanks for the pictures, Ed. Is the horse in your post a short one or is your Sister really tall ? hee,hee
Enjoy your freezing cold reenactment. Ha !

SoSo, did you find a good site to post your pictures ?

Hi JJ. I really don't know about those 'fire sticks' to offer advice. How is the old school antenna for the local channel reception ?

Time to get going.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..736737738739740.. > >> Showing page 736 of 792
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5