Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..731732733734735.. > >> Showing page 735 of 792
Author
Susy
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3188
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/11 20:21:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hello BC members!

It's me, the lurkie-loo who never posts ~ please know though that I do read about you all every single day and share in your joy, your pain and your sorrows.  I have always felt like this is my safe place to come to when I am feeling sad ~ I hope that you don't mind that my first post in awhile is a sad one but I feel like you all are my family and I just had to vent. 

A week ago this evening, I received the most horrible news that one of my very best friends had been killed in an automobile accident. 

I've known Marcie since we were four years old ~ she was one of a set of triplets ~ Mary, Margaret and Marcie.  Our mother's went to high school together and we became friends when Grandpa was building the new addition on the Court House in Redding ~ the triplets lived across street.  They lived in the most delightful two-story house, built in the late 1800's ~ I will forever cherish the memories of playing there, especially sliding down the bannister!

We all grew up together sharing birthday parties, sleep-overs, from Kindergarten to High School graduation we were together.  We always stayed in touch through the years ~ Mary has lived in Hawaii for over 40 years but I would see her occasionally at class reunions or when she would come to Redding to visit her "sissies" as they called each other.  Margaret and Marcie remained in Redding so I was able to see them more often.  I was so looking forward to seeing all of them this September when we were to celebrate our 50th class reunion.  Marcie and her husband had just bought "their dream house" as she called it ~ moving in to town where they would be closer to family ~ she had just taken a load of their things to the new house when the accident happened.  Marcie had such a beautiful heart and soul ~ she was always positive in her thoughts and after joining Facebook she shared a cheery and inspirational greeting each morning.  She was married for 48 years to the love of her life Marc, their love was one to be envied ~ she left four children, nine grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. 

I am heartbroken for her families loss while at the same time, I am so very, very, angry as to how it happened!!! 

Redding, California has become a cesspool, filled with tweakers, druggies, addicts, whatever you want to call them!  I thank God that Mother moved away from there!  Drive around at night and it's like something from a Zombie movie ~ they have taken over the city parks, the library grounds, they are everywhere and the jail has a revolving door on it! 

The POS that killed Marcie is an example ~ 24 years old, has been arrested 21 times, 7 times in the last 12 months ~ was in court on March 28th for stolen automobile charges and sentenced to probation ~ 7 days later he steals a car once again, runs a red light and kills Marcie.  If they had locked him up, she would still be alive.

I am sick of what is going on in California with criminals!!!  The latest s*** in Sacrameto with Stephon Clark is an example ~ the guy was a thug, plain and simple!  People were outraged and want to turn him into some kind of symbol for injustice ~ good grief, does anyone know how to Google someone's police record?  Among other things, he was charged twice with domestic violence and once with endangering the life of a child.  For over two weeks the protesters were out there defending a criminal ~ I don't care who you are or what color you are ~ when you go around breaking windows out of cars, the helicopter is hovering with it's lights on you, you keep running and you don't stop and put your hands up when the police are yelling at you, you get what you deserve.  Where was everyone's anger over him beating up his girlfriend not only once but twice and what about the innocent child??? 

Now California is wanting Police Departments to change their way of using deadly force ~ I guess they should say, "please put your hands up"!!!

I'm only sorry that when the POS ran the red light in a stolen vehicle, killed Marcie and then jumped out of his car, ran away and hid from the police for over five hours wasn't shot and killed like Stephon Clark was.  Instead, he's sitting in the Redding jail enjoying his three hot's and a cot and we will be paying for him for the rest of his pathetic life.

I'm sorry to go on and on!  For those of you who know me and my love of wine, please know that this is too early for even me to have over indulged and rant this much!!!  I have bottled this up over the last week and I just felt that I needed to unload it all and share my heartbreak, my sadness and my anger with you all.  I hope that I haven't offended anyone with my words but when innocent lives are lost and families are left broken hearted and devastated, I just feel enraged.  When a loved one is terminally ill or is older and we know that we are going to lose them, it's still horribly hard to say goodbye and deal with the pain but we are somewhat prepared.  To lose someone instantly is more than I think I could bear, my heart hurts for anyone who has suffered that tragic loss.

Again, sorry to dump my sadness on you all.  Thank you for always being here for me.  It's what I love the most about LG ~ we truly are like a family!  I'm the family member that only comes around once in awhile when they need something ~ tonight I needed your shoulders to lean on and cry on!

Love you all and I promise that I will post again soon and it will be a happier post!!!

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/11 20:50:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Big Hugs Susy!  So very sorry about the loss of your friend, and especially the way it happened. Our condolences to her family.

Keav & Pam

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/11 20:55:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh Susy...I'm so sorry about Marcie.  I'll be thinking of you and her family.  
I wish the world were different.  It's hard on a body to be so upset over today's happenings.  I don't understand how this world can be so uncertain and filled with hate.  I hope you can let it go from your sweet heart and not hurt so bad.

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/11 21:45:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Susy,  Sweet lady... so very sorry for the tragic loss of your friend.
You vent all you need to here among your LG family.
Hugs

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 05:33:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Susy, I can't find the right words to comfort you in the face of such a preventable tragedy. I'm so sorry. Hugs.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6650
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 06:48:38 (permalink)
-2 (2)
Oh my Susie, so much that is so obviously wrong going on in this country. Multiple, multiple arrests and he is free and kills someone. Recently, a person is called in to the authorities about possible bad actions, many, many times, and the police do nothing, and he kills how many people? But let's spend all kinds of time and energy looking at something that may or may not have happened 12 years ago and nobody was killed.... So sorry for you that it has happened to a friend of yours. I can't imagine. 

Hugs to you and her family. 

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28995
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 07:06:56 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Oh Susy.  Hugs to you. Vent away.  It is awful that such a lovely person has died too soon, but it brings it to a whole other level of awful that someone so positive could be killed by someone who has done nothing but cause harm and negativity to the world.  It is crazy that people who are not willing to to do the work to overcome their issues and just repeatedly do things that are clearly harmful and put other good people at risk get off so easily.  And sad that they are essentially allowed to take over a town like that.  I am sympathetic about drug addiction, but not when it is used as an excuse to cause others harm over and over again.
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13678
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 07:17:43 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hugs, Susy. I am so sorry you lost such a good friend. Something that hurts that much needs to be said - or written. Lots of shoulders here to cry on.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 07:26:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

A nice sunny day today. Current temp 48F at 8:23 with a high of 70 degrees.

Very sorry to hear about your close friend, Susy.

I just went outside to take a picture of my azaleas for you. Hope that helps a little. hugs.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 07:28:03 (permalink)
+3 (3)
for Susy

Weekend at Bernie's
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 08:22:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Mis Amigos, Hoy es Hueves.

Susy, I am so sorry for your tragic loss and so angry at how it happened. I also feel humbled that you would share this with us. Many hugs my friend.

Wag more....bark less.
Tomas
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 08:29:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Susy, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can feel your pain in every word of your post. Big hugs from Texas...........

"Turn up the heat,
chill the rose,
stretch out on the beach
and let those metatarsals play"
(Rev. J. Buffett)
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 247
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 08:46:12 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Susy, I am so sorry for your loss.  I know what it feels like to lose a long time friend...awful.  Why is it that we lose the good people and the pathetic POS's live on to see another day??
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 10:48:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Susy, I am so very sorry about your lifelong treasured friend, Marcie.  I think you were more or less the quad sister for Marcie, Margaret and Mary. My heart is heavy for you, Marc and all family members.  May God grant all of you peace and comfort.  Hugs and prayers, Cathy.

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 11:19:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning BCrs

Susy sorry about the loss of your friend 😒  unload here anytime-healthy to release . ((( HUGS)))πŸ’•  Have a sunrise for you that hopefully will put a smile on your beautiful face.  (for some reason LG did not accept my photo link, sorry) 

OK what was that other photo program you use to post here? (I forgot to write it down).  Wonder why I can't copy FB photos here as I have done in the past.  Someone please help?

Arrived safely, came in through T4, very nice terminal.  Immigration was backed up so luggage was off the carousel waiting for me. The travel time to the airport takes a lot longer from our new home.  Day started at 4 am, rush hour traffic squeezed the anxiety level up, made it with an hour to spare.  Canada Transfers were waiting with a bottle of sparkling wine and beer, they have the best drivers.  15 min shop at Chedraui in PA and finally got to the condo.  There was a lovely gift basket of coffee, mug and baked goods from TBC awaiting on the table (from the company we booked through).  Was a long day, the stress layers are pealing off.  Will be in Akumal for a few weeks then to Isla, DH will fly in to join me there.

Taxes are a non event now, signed my form before I left. Lucky to have a CMA friend of 35 years whom has looked after both us and our company. 

PJ how disturbing about that little boy 😳 prayers for the family.

Badger, VSD found a place in PoMo with great rates.  Will review and let you know, could be something to keep in mind for the BC gathering.

MB  Snow again, oh my, sorry to hear about your fav restaurant catching fire, Dang. Had a good laugh with Christie this morning showed her your tamale pic.  With my limited Spanish she knows you are mi amiga. She is so adorable.

Hiya Bosco get a flight and come see the beach bums!  That algae bloom you are getting are obviously toxic in nature, depleting the oxygen enough to kill fish is not good, and humans are not immune.  RT normally rears it’s head in summer on our side of the world.

Hey BeBe get that Lily Mae out buddy!  Sounds like Deb is very excited.

Hi C&C, Pam, Nipper, JJ

Good score on the birch UHK.  You may want to purchase some battery operated tea lights so no worries about wax or fire risk.  Also have a couple of white birch rounds sitting ready for me to make something when I get back.  Definitely will make some coasters and trivets.

Hiya Mapes, will be a miss this spring as will be out of that area by the time you arrive.  Next stop for me is IM, will wave to you from there, have fun.  Not long now, you and Twirls are the brats on deck 😬😎🏝

Crunchie sorry that your Dad is having a hard time adjusting.  Hi Tomas!

Quite the mail box Bob

BeBe invest in some of those roller grates for under the plant pots, easier on the back buddy!  Lovely azaleas (sp) 

Glad you are feeling better Twirls, keep away from all those ppl sneezing, coughing peeps.  Hope you can zinc and vitamin up your body.  Don’t want to hear about a cancellation.

The guys here just finished fixing the sliding glass door, got stuck on the rail, they put in a new bottom window roller.  Had to think real thin this morning to squeeze out for sunrise photos.

Poolside meeting today with my booking person, nice to personally meet them.  

Everyone else make it a great day
post edited by Soleil Soul - 2018/04/12 11:21:00

until move time
Save
Catalina
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 461
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 13:00:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
My dear Susy, I am so sorry about what happened with your friend, and especially the way it happened. Life is definitely not fair at times and something like this makes my blood boil too.

Keep those good memories of Marcie close to your heart! BIG (((((Hugs))))) my friend!

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 15:58:01 (permalink)
The latest on the saga of me vs the plow guy. I picked up two bags of ready mix concrete on the way home from skiing today, went and dug a new hole, 3 feet deep and set the post in concrete. Tomorrow, I can backfill and set the mailbox. You can see my temporary winter mailbox set up, and my new post:

And here is the concrete:

I had to work to sculpt the sides and bottom of the hole. I want it deep enough that frost won't affect it, but also I want a nice uniform earth form, so that if frost does get to it, it won't roll a round clump of concrete. I was fairly close to the water table, so I had just enough working room. 

Should have the new box in operation tomorrow. 

Susy, I have been thinking about Marcie all day. Hugs again. 

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1847
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 16:25:26 (permalink)
+2 (2)
SoSo, hope you don't mind but I will gladly post your stunning sunrise this morning, on your behalf, for Susy. 

MB,
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/04/12 17:44:16

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 19:42:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
A turkey we saw on the road to Calakmul, pic by Pamela Nelson

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/04/13 16:19:36

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 19:45:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Uphill, I think there are some rules about setting mailbox posts by the road and they have to break away so they do not form a traffic hazard.  I  know this is true here is WI, but Maine may have different rules.

Chris
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2018/04/12 19:50:21

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/12 21:12:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
It was a pretty hideous day.  Starting with taking the first dose of a Z pack and throwing them up 5 minutes later.  Then several hours of frantically searching for the only summer sandals that I can comfortably wear.  I tore the house apart looking.  So I was late going back to the Dr for my shot.  Still hadn't found the shoes and if I couldn't find them I was going to have to order some on a fast shipping rate!  They are hard to find and pricey but with my feet...  so I'm on the way home and following 2  slide vehicles and the truck in front was spewing horrible smoke and fumes so I passed going downhill where I could see quite a distance.  I was cruising at 72 while passing and the stinky truck sped up going downhill.  I hit 76 (limit was 60 but I thought it was 65).  I see a vehicle craft the top of the hill in front.  I'm in their lane on a 2 lane hiway.  So...I kicked the Camaro down... I hit 91 apparently... as the approaching vehicle was a HIWAY PATROL.  I had slowed way down by the time he passed but he turned around.  He'd already clocked me as I hit my fastest speed.  Although I whined about the day and  being sick, he explained that everything is electronic and he couldn't just give me a warning at that speed and he couldn't let me just go...  This is gonna hurt.
Fortunately I finally found the shoes after another hour of searching.  I hate to say, in plain sight right next to the suitcase, where I had placed them a week ago but didn't remember.  They were in a plastic shoe box with a white lid and under the pile of clothing draped on the edge of the suitcase.  

Needless to say, I'm shot and my back is killing me.
I managed to keep down the additional dose of meds tonight.  I haven't had trouble with myacin drugs but most all others make me sick or I'm allergic.  I think I had taken them too close to another pill 20 minutes earlier that caused the problem.  Dang too many pills!

Soso, glad you made it. I hear the weather is good.  Hopefully see you soon.  The 21st.  Should be able to meet you at LBV around 3-3:30 ish.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 05:02:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Well, thanks a lot, Twirley. Now I'm gonna be humming "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena" all day. It had to happen one day with that red hot rod. Feel better.

Did some re-potting of house plants that gotten gangly, they look so much better now.
Weather forecast has not changed. Rain today, freezing rain tonight, wintery mix tomorrow through Monday. Oh, and throw in periods of fog and high winds. Just freaking miserable.

Badger, are we going to try for Boat drinx this evening, or are you having too much fun?
Have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 05:03:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oh, and gorgeous sunrise, SoSo! Thanks, MB!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 06:38:55 (permalink)
Buenas Dias Hot Rodders, hoy es Viernes.

Oh my, Twirls, what a day, I think you need a vacation. Really looking forward to seeing you and Cat next week!

SoSo, glad you made it down, sorry we won't be able to see you and, yes, please let us know about the place VSD found.

Thanks MB for posting the pic! What's the weather like up there?

Susy, still thinking of you, dear.

Thought for the day: If there is one thing I can't stand it is political hypocrites.

C&C, ran into some old friends last night that we are meeting late afternoon today, so not a good day for Boat Drinx.
Can we try sometime Sunday afternoon?

We're having a great time, weather continues to be perfect, seems a little windy this morning. Babs spent 2 hours in the dentist chair yesterday and must go back today. She said everything went great except for the part where the Cubano dentist had to use a hammer and chisel to break a piece of tooth off.

Ran into several old friends last night who we are seeing later today, feeling very relaxed and all of our small aches and pains are receding. Hope to get some more photos up later.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/04/13 06:48:09 (permalink)
Chris, they do say the best mailbox supports fall away if a car hits them, and to avoid unyielding supports such as milk jugs filled with concrete. Many people around here have granite posts. Apparently it is enforced differently depending on local conditions. Florida doesn't have to worry about snowplows, while northern states do. What my pictures don't show is just before the mailboxes is a boulder on a curve, and just after them is a telephone pole. Both my neighbor and myself are pushing our mailboxes back. He lost his once this winter as well. We'll get them back a bit

The town got a new plow, with a longer wing on it, so the plow driver can clear the road and shoulders back further. I do appreciate a well plowed road, with snow pushed way back in preparation for the next storm, and he is trying to do a good job. But I want  a permanent mailbox solution, and I have time on my hands!

Trying to watch out for everyone. Mail carriers hate the boxes on chains, they go to open the door, and the box swings towards them, they go to close it, the box swings away. Sometimes the mail falls out as it swings, then they have drive ahead and to get out of the car and pick it up. I want solid and long lasting. I also don't want to break any plow blades. I want the road plowed, and my taxes pay for that plow blade. 

Gotta get ready to go skiing, but I gotta fill the bird feeder. The widdle birdies are hungry!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..731732733734735.. > >> Showing page 735 of 792
Jump to:
Β© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5