Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..716717718719720.. > >> Showing page 719 of 872
Author
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9841
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 09:10:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
dinner at the lobster house

conch chowder

bacon wrapped shrimp

the main event

key lime pie

love is in the air

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2388
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 09:12:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sunny out today but a wee bit cooler this AM......37F at 9:00. High today 54 degrees. Been a strange March thus far.

I didn't do a whole lot yesterday. Bryan and Keith stopped by for a while. I had called them to see if they wanted the rest of my navy bean soup; I couldn't handle any more and didn't want to freeze it.
They said 'be right over' and Keith told me it would be dinner for them. I love a story with a happy ending. Bryan also helped Debby to use her back up hard drive to save all of her pictures and data. She always relied on Russell to take care of anything electronic. I'm more familiar with PC's and Deb uses a Mac, plus that is Bryan's job ( he does repairs and computer software ).

Today will be pay a few bills and hit the store for some items that are low ( milk, bread, salad ).
Might treat Debby to dinner tonight at a good Mexican place in Shallotte.

Holly, you funny; not to worry about loosing a day. I do it all the time. Hope it works out on little dog, although she might not be a good fit for both of you.

Mapes, no Akumal this year. The place just doesn't appeal to me any longer. Hope the snow storms go away for you guys soon.

Jamie, take one of the bulbs to Lowes or Home Depot and show them what you wish to replace. I have finally started to go with the LED versions as soon as the older style burns out. Just make sure that the person that is helping you knows the location you will be using in your home and what "color" light is required. I had to 'swap' a few purchases in the past that didn't look right and the returns desk was very understanding. I suggest to try just ONE new LED to see the result before you buy several.

SNF, what are you and Cindy holding in the picture ?  A stick Easter bunny or what ?? ha.

I heard from Tom & Sherry about a month ago. Was not known if they would be going to Mexico this year or not. I hope to see them this Summer if they travel here to Ocean Isle Beach, as I have some new towels for them; inside joke that I may tell one of these days.  Or maybe Tom could tell it better.

Hi crunch; come on down for pie. 
MB, hope to catch you before you leave.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 09:13:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, posts crossed Chris & Cindy. Dark in there,si ?

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 09:27:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nice pic travelling bunch.  For some reason the sombreros just don't do you all justice! 
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 09:32:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
snorkeling at the money bar, my pix were xitty but Cindy got some good ones

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8278
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 11:26:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and frosty cold here.
Just came in from a long walk around the property. 
Lil doggie and the cat needed to burn off some energy.  Bit rowdy in the house.
So we took it outside.   

Cozumel group looks to be having a fine time.  Enjoyed the pics!  Loving those tan faces
and big smiles.  
Chris, The medicare card was not lost... came in yesterday's mail.  Yeah!
Will proceed as you advised.  Thanks!

Jamie,  SC is doing well at her new job.  Of course there are days...when just like
all of us have had...she would prefer not to be there.  LOL   She does like the condo and location. 
Very safe place for a single lady to live.  Lots of restaurants and shopping close by.  Short drive to work.  
SJ has not fully retired yet.  Just stopped working two jobs.  Next year when SJ turns 65 he "hopes"
to fully retire from the manager/desk job at TV station.  Then go back to freelance working on
video crews at sports events and concerts once in awhile.  To supplement retirement income.

Maple,  My mom lived like you and Sweetie for many years.  Couple of my siblings found it necessary
to live with her.  So they could stay afloat in hard times.  Such a blessing that you are able to help in
that way.  Hugs  

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 11:55:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
there is a coffee table book in the lobby featuring the towel and flower art of our maid Ibon

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 12:13:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good to hear about the card, PJ.
Having a shot at Chris' laptop, wanted to say to JJ how nice her kitchen turned out!
Having a kind of a boring day so far.  Big storm last night, and huge rollers coming on shore, so no snorkeling today. Will be going into town after lunch for some shopping. Need souvenirs for the grandkids.
Have a great day!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29018
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 12:40:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Go to Cinco Soles Cindy.  You probably already know that.  
or head over to the wild side and see the sights. Also, the mexico cultural place with the diaramas is fun.

Sure enjoyed the lobster and the snorkeling pics.

Bernie - your temps seem kind of cold.  Are you warming up soon?   We hit 65 tomorrow and then 70's and low 80's.  Yay.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 18:19:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Another beautiful day here.  Currently 36 and sunny.  Did some errands this morning and then back home.  Got the whole house cleaned yesterday....yippee.  

Coz folks, thanks so much for the pics.  Nice to see the six-some having a great dinner and hanging out.  Hola to Renee and John.  

Twirls, I know you will do what's best for Pearl.  Looking forward to the dog whisperer's evaluation.

PJ, thanks for clarifying on SJ's retirement plans.  I'm happy that SC is overall liking her current location and job.  Corporate America these days is tough, but she will be find with your great parenting.  

Bernie, glad things are moving along with Deb's plan.  The key lime pie looked yummy.  Nice of you to donate the rest of your soup to neighbors. Yum, yum.  

Where is Badger?   Guess I missed his daily post.

Jamie, I'm hoping you get another caring neighbor that can assist when needed.  Always like your updates.  Take care.

Crunchie, you've been on my mind as well as your Dad.  Glad you have time to process and assist before your May trip.

SoSo, where are you??????

MapleSyrup, I'm sure your family members are grateful.  Tough times these days for the younger folks.  Sorry about the snow event.  Sounds like there maybe another one brewing.  Enough.

I'm pretty sure I've left out a few folks, so hello.  Have a beautiful evening everyone.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13333
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/13 21:55:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

I don't even attempt to mention everyone.  I'm sorry if anyone is offended but I doubt not.

MAPES,  I don't even know what to say.  I envy, I think, your family situation.  But it does tie one's strings... or clip your wings... but sometimes gives you wings.  I cannot understand having never been there.  I've kinda experienced similar but close only count in horseshoes, as I do understand.  We all reap what we sow, I guess.
Geeez, I'm philosophical tonight or stoned.. 
Hurting, tired, bored and some of the other is more accurate.

It was a crazy busy day that started out with the painters pounding on the door ready to start.  I had taken an anxiety pill yesterday.  I was sound asleep.  The 3 guys immediately asked multiple questions.  One looks like Michael Caine.  I was still in a fog.   I recovered and got the day under way slowly.  He still looked like Michael Caine by the end of the day.  Cammie agrees.  

Brat pack...loving the pics and I'm living vicariously through you all.  Thank you.  PLEASE CARRY ON...WITH SOMBREROS.

Crunch, NO MONEY INVOLVED.  Pearl's dad is unknown.  The breeders are 90 years old and retired.  Their son neglected to have his champion Texas heeler spayed...hence 10 free puppies.  It was probably a split litter with multiple dads.  Kind of a rescue or they might have been euthanized if no one took them.  There were only 2 blue merles.  Pearl's matching sister is already in training for herding and I understand, outstanding so far.  The rest of the 10 pups are in residential homes and having no reported problems.  The rest of the 10 were deemed as LESS DESIRABLE by a champion cattle dog breeder.  I should have taken a LESS DESIRABLE according to THE BREEDER standard, per the DW (aka DOG WHISPERER).   Because I was a special friend and so good to my animals THEY CHOSE MY PICK.  Probably the wrong pick.
HOWERVER, I HAVE TO REPORT THAT PEARL IS RESPONDING TO PROPER TRAINING.  I learned a lot in a few conversations with the DW. I am now able to assert dominance and win without too much bloodshed and struggle.  I managed to make her go in her kennel by herding her into a corner.  Not by physical touch or struggle.  DOMINANCE.  This is MY domain.  But I have to do it on a dog level.
She leaves for PACK CAMP sometime between Friday and Monday.  She will be there a week.  At this point I think I could probably master some control but I'm positive that MR LOPEZ and his pack can teach her things that will make life easier for all.  If he determines that she would be happier in a working situation then I have an offer or two from cattle men.

Jay's truck is finally ready.  It's gone through the mechanics who have serviced it for years.  It's been to the body shop and detail shop.  No rust was found and now beautifully cleaned up...and I've already had 2 offers of $7000.00!  A couple people saw it at the body shop and the shop guys knew I wanted to sell it.  However when I asked the manager what he would ask as a price,...he said $9000!!!!  I said "IS IT WORTH THAT???... he said "NO, BUT it's what it will bring around here!"  I promised it to the first offer at $7000 and I'll stand by that.  It's someone I know and they knew JAY.  They can come on Sunday to look at it.  The other offer came from a guy who looked at it at the body shop.  He said $7000 cash right now tonight.  Then $7500.  I said I had to wait until Sunday at 4 PM.  He'll call back then.  I should have asked $8500....LOL.

Soso and JJ, more pics?  As soon as my painters finish,I'll post some bedroom and bath pics.

I think I'll head to bed.

Northeastern friends,  MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...to ward off any more storms.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8128
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 05:30:59 (permalink)
Good Morning Pounding Painters, it's Hump Day.

Internet troubles yesterday, MB and I was running late for work.

LOVE all the photos from Coz, more please? Especially like that one of Pam & Kevin holding the heart, it looks like Kev is wearing some kind of bizarre hat.

Mapes and Nipper, how much snow did you get?

Stopped to see my buddy who is fighting cancer yesterday, he's not doing well at all, now under hospice care.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 06:59:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I am sorry about your buddy Badger.  So sad to see.

Twirley - that is awesome that at 90 years old they did all that to get the dogs adopted.  Sounds like whatever happens with pearl she will have a good home because of you.  Nice of you to honor the 1st offer on the truck in the face of all you could get.  More good karma for you.

MB - it makes me laugh that you can say 36 degrees and beautiful day in the same sentence.  I am way to wimpy.  Glad you are not getting this latest wave of snow and storms.

Is it May yet?
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 06:59:34 (permalink)
I blew out 14 inches of snow last night, another 10 this morning and it's supposed to keep snowing til 5 PM. Off to skiing!

Lovin life,
Bob

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13681
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 07:13:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Enjoy the skiing Bob! We lucked out and didn't get much snow at all! We had snow alternating with rain which made for some rough driving at times but we are in a rain phase now so may not need to shovel much at all. Of course, some parts of the province got more but that's their problem.  The worst from the storm is actually all the power outages along the coast from the strong winds. We didn't lose ours. Please, bring on spring!!

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 08:20:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Today will be partly sunny and a little rain will be heading out way in an hour or so. Our high today will be 51 degrees; current temp 38F at 8:20. We should be back to normal in the mid to high 60's by Friday.

Crunch, not sure what's going on with this cold snap along the coast. I think it's the Canadians. I always blame them when it gets colder. Hee,hee.

Yesterday I got the needed staples from the grocery store and turned in my WINNING Power Ball ticket that I purchased last Wed the 7th.  It was a whopping $4.  Wheeee-ha !  Took Debby out to Mexican food dinner last night. She enjoyed it but I'm thinking it was because I suggested we go out and she didn't have to cook. Ha.  The food was good but the margs were a little on the sweet side. The best was to sit and laugh a bit with my sister. She is still asleep after two margaritas last night. Cheap date. hee,hee.

Today I am going to take some pictures of Russell's telescope and put it on Craig's List. Will have to do some research first, as I don't know much about a quality star 'scope.

Tomorrow I have a date with a lady that I met on match dot com. We will met for cocktails and appetizers. Looking forward to meeting her and learning more about what she likes to do. First off, will need to see if she likes to travel, right ?

Thanks again for all the pictures, Chris & Cindy. Hey Cindy, did you fall asleep on Chris's shoulder in that one pic with the big heart ? hee,hee.

Hi PJ. When you go walking with little doggie and cat, do they kinda stick close to you or 'explore' on their own ?

MB, you are getting close now. 6 days !!  I bet you get excited as each day passes.

Good luck with the truck sale, Holly. It will go fast, I'm sure. 4-wheel drive trucks that are in great shape are always in demand.

Have fun, Bob.

Hi nipper. Hope y'all up there get the power back soon.

Badger, prayers sent your friend's way.

Time to get moving.
See everyone tomorrow,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 08:39:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger--Sorry about your buddy with cancer.  Damn crap sucks
Twirley--CLOSE also counts in hand grenades  

Everyone have a great day.  Mine is starting out with truck problems  One minute it starts fine, 10 minutes later it won't do a thing.  Turn the key and nothin'. And it is not like a battery going dead. Turn the key and nothing happens. Wait 15 minutes and it starts with a strong start.  Off to see my favorite car repair shop.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13333
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 10:21:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

The pounding painters arrived early again.  
I worked hard at wearing Pearl out yesterday but I'm the one who is exhausted.
I have a dinner date and I already don't want to go.  Too tired and it will be worse by the time to go. The painters are also wearing me out with constant questions that I've already been asked and answered.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8278
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 10:40:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky with temps in upper 20s.  

Badger,  So very sorry your friend is not doing well.  ((Hugs))

Received a surprise phone call from my BIL yesterday.  We talked for over two hours.
He seems to be doing well since my sister passed away last July.  Very positive attitude. 
Though I know he must be feeling lonely.  To call me and talk so long.   Known him since
I was 6 yrs old.  Do believe that is the longest conversation we have had without one us
of getting mad at the other.  Don't believe in all these years we have every had much more
than a 60 second phone conversation.  Was nice...

Bernie,  When I go for a walk around the property with the pets I let them roam.  While I stay
on the drive and paths just watching.  The cat goes where she wants.  Lil doggie will stay pretty close to me.
If she doesn't all I have to say is ... Stop! That is too far.  You come back this way.  Sometimes she
gets stubborn.  We have a stare down.  Never runs from me.  Have to go into the woods and pick her up.
Set her back on the path.  Tell her about how the coyotes in the woods might eat her for lunch.
Even the mention of coyote....brings on a hilarious bunch of grrrring, snizzing and dancing back feet.  LOL
Pretty brave for an 11 lb. fur ball.  Not!  

Twirls,  know what you mean... the dip in the temps has my body popping and cracking.
Looking forward to a warm up this weekend.  

post edited by PJamigo - 2018/03/14 11:05:31

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 12:33:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Frank - sounds like your alternator or voltage regulator to me 

Too cute PJ.  I would love to see that.  My disrespectful mutts are required to be on a leash at all times or they will just run in front of any car they see and no stopping them.  Grrrr.  Wonderful about you and your BIL.

Bob - will this extend your ski season?  Lucky you.

Twirley - can you take a nap while the painters are at lunch?

Bernie - good luck on the date.  How old is she je je!  Maybe we should pool our PB tickets and split the winnings.  up our chances from 1 in 2 billion to 2 in 2 billion.

post edited by crunch - 2018/03/14 12:38:34
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6655
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 13:02:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Wow!!! I am gassed again from this deep snow. It's still coming down. I posted this exactly one year ago today, we might as well mark this day on the calendar!

Today makes day #74 on the slopes, that's as many as I have ever had. And the season just got extended!

Interesting happenings in our little town over the past week. The main road, Rt 26, goes thru our town, for maybe a mile, then it is out of the village again. In the past week, we have had a tractor trailer take out a pole on the hill, a drunk hit a pole by the library, a dump truck got it's wheels in the snowbank, ran over the guard rail and rolled down the embankment, landing on it's wheels on the train track, and today, another truck took out the pole on the corner in town. Apparently no one has been hurt, but if any of you think you want to come visit our quaint little village, you may want to postpone that thought. I actually had to drive out of my way to get to skiing today! LOL!

Gotta remove some more snow from the driveway!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 17:20:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Happy to report Crunchie it is now 46 and sunny. Yippee.  My bro Phil and Holly came out today and we had lunch at Fiesta Cancun over a nice visit.  Ran errands mid-morning and got the Solara refreshed with a wash.

Badger, sorry to hear about your friend. 

PJ, would love a video of the cat and dog wall-about with you.  11 lbs. of fluff sounds like the winner.  Elphie needs to take heed.  Good luck with that one. 

Bernie, hope the date goes well for ya.  Maybe May won't be solo?  Regardless you will have a great time cause you are such an introvert.

Hey, where are the Coz kiddos?  Having way too much fun.

UHK, I know how much you love skiing.  Congrats on 74 days as a new record.  You have a great attitude about all of the snow you recently got.  What's your secret?  I know, run 75.  Enjoy.

Nipper, glad you dodged the bullet.

Manana, MB

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3217
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 17:35:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!

The sun came back out and the wind and waves abated enough for us to get short snorkel in today. Had some trouble getting into the water and also getting back out.  Bit of a competition to see who had collected the most sand in their suits!

Badger sorry that your friend isn't doing well.  Hope the hospice can keep him comfortable. Good that you could visit.

Your pet walking sounds interesting PJ!  My dogs don't listen very well at all.

Pearl's puppy training sounds like it is coming along.  Good luck!  The end result will be worth the effort!

Keav & Pam

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3690
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 17:45:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger, so sorry to hear your friend is not doing well at all.

MB, you're in single digits now, right? Congrats, and have a great trip.

Great news on the truck sale Twirls

Hope you have a nice lunch date Bernie, if you get along, even better.

Well, another toaster died on me two days ago, that Sunbeam only lasted 2-3 months, guess I am a toaster killer. Back to oven toast and Jimmy Dean biscuit sandwiches for the next few days until new toaster arrives. Rain skipped my area yesterday and today.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/03/14 21:46:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
day started out kind of xitty.  rolling surf with 20 foot spray when it hit the sea wall.  after breakfast it calmed down.  I went up to the room to change and cracked the base of the toilet where it is bolted to the floor.  hours to get that repaired.  went to try to snorkel and the rollers just kicked our a$$.  difficult to get in and worse to get out.  we had sand and gravel in places we did not know we had places.  then we went to town for dinner at La Choza and it was wonderful.

I enjoyed Sieta Lieges Anejo.
the decor was great

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..716717718719720.. > >> Showing page 719 of 872
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5