Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..701702703704705.. > >> Showing page 702 of 710
Author
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1071
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 13:45:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!

Ticker adjusted!

Definitely need a BC Mexico meet!

Keav & Pam

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1594
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 16:00:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Afternoon
UP way too late last night talking and drinking some mighty fine scotch with baby brother, he of the broken collar bone. He ended up with 5 screws to hold it together. Still can't do much with his left hand and he is ambidextrous like Dad was and uses his left more than right. In another 2 weeks he'll be able to begin PT, but for now he spends a lot of time cradling his arm. (supposed to be wearing a sling, but he "doesn't like it". Men. He was in Milwaukee area to meet with prospective dealers for the electric motorcycles he represents. Company is Alta, in California, San Diego I believe. Creating quite a buzz. Dan is wowing his new employer with all his connections in the world of motorcycles and racing. This evening he'll be headed to Mankato, Mn. to meet with yet another bike dealer tomorrow. Was nice to see him, if only for an overnight.

Had a whole bunch of running around to do, now finally back home and trying to catch up here; still have laundry to do.

Is it really just 23 days, Snorky? Whoo Hoo! Warmth here we come!

MB, to answer your question, we will both go to the committal at Arlington. Cremains are put on a wait list at Arlington. Coffin burials come first, for obvious reasons; we don't expect her service to be until late summer, early fall. The Memorial service we will skip; it will be mostly for the caregivers there at Foulkeways, the retirement community they lived in, and will be held there on the campus. It sounds like both of our sons will attend at Arlington as well. I think it will quite an experience for Seth. DiDi will probably not remember it, but it gives our eastern relatives the chance to meet her and Seth. One of Chris' sisters lives right outside the beltway, and while Heidi has met Seth, Clara and her family have not. I think it is important for them to make those connections with Chris' side of the family.

Susy, thank you. I wish you'd stop by and post more on the BC, I think you're a lovely person, too! I would love to meet you one of these days, so if we do get a BC get-together organized PLEASE PLEASE join us!

Well. Laundry awaits. Have a good rest of your day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 518
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 16:35:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good early evening.  16 and partly cloudy.  Light snow expected later.  Got my errands done earlier and some things done around the house.  

SNF, new ticker looks great.  

Frank, good luck with the tax stuff.

Badger, looks like your BC get-together has sparked some interest.  

Cindy, hope you are feeling better and you don't get a snow event.  Edit: Somehow I missed your mid-day post.  Been meaning to ask about collarbone brother.  Thanks for the update on him and Arlington.  I believe Mankato is going to get hit pretty bad with snow this evening.  Safe travels to your brother.  169 can be treacherous in the Minnesota River Valley.

Hi Susy.  Miss ya.

Bernie, always a relief when taxes are done.  Glad Deb is chipping away; it's not easy and thankful she has your support.  

Hola, Bosco.  Safe travels to see Mom.

Twirls, hope things calm down soon with new pup. Talk soon.

Chris, funny one.

SoSo, check in when you can.  Hope all is well.

PJ, so glad you are with SC.  Sounds like she really needs your support and good to hear job will pick up soon.  Such a great Mom you are.  Hugs.

Crunchie, thinking of you.  

Be well all, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/02/08 17:11:40

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 17:59:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
MB, they lowered our totals for tonight thru tomorrow to 4&1/2 inches possible. Worst stuff is going south of us. Racine and Kenosha gonna get hit hard, and where my Mom is in northern Illinois, DeKalb County is looking at close to a foot of snow. Gonna be a mess in Chicago, too. Already snowing down there, ours isn't supposed to start until around 9pm. And Dan said he might stop and stay with a buddy of his in Eau Claire, finish drive to Makato in the morning.

Did you notice Chris' sisters are Clara and Heidi? Sometimes I call Chris "Peter the goat boy". (for you guys that never read "Heidi", Clara and Peter were the principal characters after Heidi) And there are times Chris smells like a goat, snicker, snicker.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 18:26:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy, thanks for the laugh.  I think Dan might have made a bad choice.  Eau Claire to Mankato will be nasty....guys. Think I might get grazed this evening.  Will know tomorrow when wheeling out the trash/recycles. Hugs.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4982
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/08 22:34:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

HOLA SUSY AND BOSCO,  Great to see you both.  So many checking in lately.  Must be winter boredom.

A BC meet up in Mexico would be GRAND.  I'll be there and first round of drinks on me!  

I took advantage of the heat wave (52°) and met Ann for dinner at Ocean Zen.  IT WAS ZEN!  So fabulous!  With the fresh seafood, the fusion music, and the large salt water ocean tank waving at me, I almost could envision myself on the beach in Tulum at a restaurant.  It was as close as I'll get for a bit.  
I have been looking at flights periodically but accommodations at my favorite places aren't available.  I'm also looking at other destinations.  I WANT WARM SUN AND WHITE SAND WITH CRYSTAL WATER!  Akumal and proximity  lacks the Crystal water these days but, it's close and easy.

Apparently our freezing rain / sleet/snow storm weather will be here MUCH earlier than expected.  By 12 hours!  No bad weather was expected until Saturday night.  Now it's coming Saturday morning.  Cancels my Eureka trip to stay overnight tomorrow and come back Sunday.  OH WELL, the grocery stores will be scrambling tomorrow!!   I'll still get out tomorrow to do something!

Pearl did much better today.  

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 03:53:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Mayan Boar

Frank, good luck with the tax stuff.

MB--Thanks for the encouragement.  I rental down, 2 to go.  Did the hardest one 1st.  Tenant had died in Sept 2017.  Had been there for 12 years.  We had to do a lot of work on this one since it had not had a good cleaning in 12 years.  Being small,  888 sq ft, there is only certain places the bed will fit, couch has to sit here, dresser here, etc.  Amazing how much dirt accumulates when things don't get moved around.  Plus she was a heavy smoker so we had to prime the walls and ceilings then paint.  Steam clean carpets. Lots of receipts to track down.  Tenant was a real jewel.  Unless it was major like the a/c going out she would not bother with calling us.  She just lived with it.  About 5 years ago she mentioned the dishwasher was not working.  I told her we would get a new  one.  She said not to worry.  She would not use it.  She liked washing dishes, gave her something to do. So we never replaced it. Had to now. Big bonus is we had bought the place with 100% financing and she paid it off for us!  Now it is just "mailbox money" the first of the month!

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2508
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 04:51:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
TwirleyB

I WANT WARM SUN AND WHITE SAND WITH CRYSTAL WATER!  

Me too!!

Good Morning Goat Boys, it's Finally Friday.

I think we should start getting serious about a BC trip. As long as we plan it far enough ahead I am pretty flexible as far as schedule. Should we shoot for next fall? Crunch, what about you and Tomas? I know that you usually travel around Thanksgiving, but that might not be possible for some of the BC club?
Also, where should we go? I, of course would prefer Puerto Morelos, anyone else have a strong preference?
Should we start a thread on the LG Parties Forum?
Thoughts are welcome!

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 06:36:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
good morning campers and lurkers

I like the idea of a BC meeting.  Maybe a block of rooms at Hacienda Morelos?

I am getting crankier than usual.  Worked the last two nites at the tax office and have to do every day but Sunday until the 17th.  Fortunately, most of the time I can leave early and do not have to stay until  9 pm.  I will miss boat drinx, but Cindy will be there.

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14464
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 07:13:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Your supposed to be enjoying retirement Chris.  Take off early today!

Always a good day when Susy sunshine stops by.  Many of you that are not in the losers pool would be surprised at the mouth she has on her 

Badger - we have to go the week before Turkey day and leave on Turkey day.  The only way to get affordable airfare.  

Glad your bro is doing so well despite the challenges Cindy.

I updated my ticker.
Supposed to be 72 today and then tomorrow morning and through Monday fricking freezing drizzle. Ick.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 449
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 08:59:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Sunny out this AM and turning partly cloudy later today. Current temp 42F at 8:45 with a predicted high of 62 degrees.

Almost completed tax prep for the CPA yesterday. Was missing one bit of needed info but should be able to get that today.  Debby is still plugging away on her paperwork & phone calls. It's sorta like wack-a-mole : one item solved and paperwork mailed when another one pops up. She's beginning to think it's some sort of conspiracy. ha.

Today I will drop by Walgreen's to get a 'scrip. They had made a small error by ordering the wrong drug for me. ie : the more costly drug as opposed to the generic version. I about fainted when it came time to pay but they quickly apologized, gave me a 5 day supply of the correct one and reordered. A minor problem. Otherwise not much else on the plate.

Nice 'tinker' Pam. Where are you guys off to on this trip ? I think I caught a mention of time in Bacalar
again; any other stops ?  I never have been to Bacalar and your pictures from a previous stay showed a beautiful place to visit.  How long of a drive to get there from the airport ? I'm jealous.

Cindy, your little brother sounds like he has a cool job and one he enjoys doing. Good for him. Also sounds like your are way overdue for another vaca to Mexico.  About 3 weeks. Woop woop !

Chris, what Crunch said. I know it's tax season but try to take it a little easier, if you can.

Badger, I'm fairly open to the actual destination and I know you do enjoy PM. Isn't Hacienda Morelos the one they remodeled last year ? You want to investigate getting the entire place booked for a week ?
I'm gonna take a guess that it wouldn't be difficult at all to get enough LG peeps.  I'm in if you want me
to join the group.

Been goofing off somewhat. Coffee gone & time to get something to eat.
Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 10:46:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
Beautiful day here in Memphis.  Temps near 60. 
Crocus are popping out of the ground in the garden area.  Of course they may get a surprise.  
Next comes the storm with possible rain/ice mix by tomorrow morning.
If it is ice.... I'll be staying put here at the condo.  Will not go home as planned tomorrow.
Rather be safe than sorry.  
Need to go out to the grocery store and stock up on a few items here at the condo.
Mostly paper products and coffee.  After that I have nada. 
Everyone stay safe and warm.  Hugs

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 10:56:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I seem to have woken up with a cold.  I sneezed a few times yesterday.  I felt pretty good though.  In the night my nose started clogging then running.  Now a bit of a cough.  UGH.  I was hoping to avoid this.  I've been so careful.  

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 11:08:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning, although it is mostly gone already
Finished up the laundry, then yakked with Mom for nearly an hour. Was grateful to hear one of her neighbors was clearing her driveway of the 11 inches they got. More wind there, too. Snow is 3 feet deep on her garage door. She is not going anywhere today, but when she can get out she will purchase a gas card to give to the kindly neighbor.

Snow is STILL coming down here. Looks to be every bit of the 4& 1/2 expected inches and then some. Not positive, but I didn't hear/see any school buses this morning so I think they called a snow day. Roads were pretty bad, so I hope they did. Mom said all schools in Chicago were closed, as was all of DuPage County just west of Chicago.

Yes, Bernie, we will be with Pam and Keav. Hope Keavin lets Pam and me ride in the car and not on our brooms. Bacalar and then Cozumel. 
We are good with HM in PM. Will need to find out the date for Mother K's committal service, but otherwise fall sounds good.

Only project I have today is putting some plants into new pots to take to our friend Mike tomorrow when we drive up to see the play he's in. He admired them when he visited, but forgot to take them along when he left. I think they will look better in fresh matching containers all spruced up with fresh potting soil. And I'm always happy to find new homes for extra plants I have. Win, win.
Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 17:42:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening. High of 11.  Did half of the house cleaning done today and may go house hunting with niece tomorrow.  Just waiting to hear back.  Sent her about 5 different listings in various price ranges so we can at least have a starting point for the area she's interested in.

Cindy, so nice that your Mom's neighbor helped out.  Lucked out here, unlike you.

Badger, maybe start a new thread to perk more interest on LG.  I would seriously consider joining in as I've never taken the time to see PoMo.

Twirls, glad Pearl is settling down.  Careful with the nasty weather on the way.

PJ, good luck with your travel plans tomorrow.  How are Thelma and Louise doing?

Crunchie, enjoy the warm up while you can.

Bernie, sounds like things are moving forward for Deb.  Give her a hug from me and a hug sent to you as well.  Get that paperwork to your CPA.

SNF, can you share where you guys are staying in Bacalar?  Such a great place to visit.

Frank, good job on chipping away at the tedious paperwork.  Bright side is you got the most difficult property done first. Hope this new treatment gives you relief.  

Hi to everyone else I've not called out personally.  Prayers for all, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/09 20:31:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

I know you northerners are getting hammered with snow.   Cindy, I'm thinking we are gonna get more than the predicted amount of carp, too! 

I can FEEL the front moving in and I started hurting BAD this afternoon, in the same joints as usual, wrists to shoulders.  Couldn't hardly turn a corner in the car!  I went out to get Bonnier her Prednisone, my Rx, and a few grocery items.  LOL.  I'm so old I'm always prepared with the essentials like cigs, booze and_______ but now I worry about meds!  

Bernie, my best to Deb.  I so understand.  I still haven't dealt with a couple minor things.

My cold is staying slight so far.  I started zinc lozenges and Zicam nasal stuff and I waver between feeling fairly good to NOT GOOD all in a short time.
Been entertaining myself with tropical destination travel programs and daydreams.
Pearl is work but also entertainment.  I was watching her try to be like THE BIG DOGS!   When Bonnie and Margarita think that there is something to get excited and bark about, like another dog bark, Pearl isn't sure how to react.  She wants to run out with them to patrol the yard, but she's also afraid.  Today she advanced and retreated a couple times but then sat and watched the big dogs.  She was studying what they do.  Then decided to join them outside as they stood at attention waiting for the next sound.  She ran out and stood beside them and made an attempt at a few mean sounding woofs...then retreated to hide under mommy!  
I tried her first leash walk to the mailbox today.  She was not wild about the BIG NEW WORLD out the front door.  The back has a privacy fence and although large, she can't see out.  She finally made it to the box and back with the big dogs beside her.  We will be more diligent about leash walking as weather allows.  I do think she will stay small enough to travel with me and needs to be trained to do so.  After the big dogs are gone, I don't want to worry about a dog sitter and leaving her alone.  Cats will be fine with a cat door and a visit daily.  Pearl will probably be my last dog.  

Cindy and Pam, I'll be looking forward to your report and pics.  I'm waiting to hear if La Joya has any openings in March.  None available in Feb.

PJ, stay safe if you travel.  It's now moving in here tonight.  Very slick conditions predicted.

Enjoy the weekend.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2508
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 05:28:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Big Dogs, it's Saturday.

Bernie, and MB, of course we want you to join us for a BC trip! In fact, the more the merrier, including all "regular" posters and lurkers, I don't believe any of us are getting any younger and a get together should be a blast. Since Crunch and Tomas can only travel during Thanksgiving and some of us cannot, I think that a spring trip in 2019 might be the best. We like to go in late April or early May. What are your thoughts on that timeframe? I will definitely check in to getting a block of rooms at Hacienda Morelos.  And don't forget, Twirley is buying the first round!

Twirls, I think Pearl will eventually turn out to be a great dog, puppies can be a PITA, but also so much fun watching them learn and grow.

Both Chris and I were late for Boat Drinx last night, but we still had fun.

-5F right now, with a high today of 15.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 06:02:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
10F this morning, going up to 17 for a high. The good news is I didn't see any negative temps in the 7 day forecast. Some possible light snow today and tomorrow, but nothing significant. Should be no problem driving north to our friend's house and going to the play. We are also invited to the cast after-party. Hope we can stay awake! Eldest son will dog sit after he wraps up the tax office for the day.

Have to do some errands this morning, including (UGH) Walmart. Especially need dog food and treats. Can't run out of that!

Shoveling yesterday was not as bad as I thought it would be. Snow was relatively light weight, and the sun came out in the afternoon so it didn't feel as cold. Really glad I did it, because I found a box of CPAP supplies that had been dropped by the garage door. I doubt Chris would have spotted it coming home after dark, and it was positioned right where he would have driven over it. I do not fault our mailman. After all, I hadn't shoveled the front walk yet. And he's always been very nice about bringing boxes to the door.

Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 449
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 07:03:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy and a little rainy out there today.  That trend should continue for the next two days. The current temp is 60F at 7:45 with an expected high of 66 degrees.

I finished all my tax stuff yesterday; will try to get it mailed today but may not make it, as Deb and I need to take Bobby Joe to the vet. She is not eating and drinking water constantly. Urinary tract/other.
Hard to say; she is 14 years old.

I need to get moving. Hi to everyone. Badger, real quick. I have always enjoyed May time frame in Mexico but April/May is fine or Turkey day is OK as well.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 355
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 07:08:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Deb and I would be in for sure. PoMo is one of our favorites.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]
[

"

[link=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/][url=http:
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 09:41:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning all

Sounds like a plan is starting to emerge!  I'm flexible with travel time ...just not physically flexible!  Hopefully I won't miss this trip!

Pearl is WILD this morning and she was pretty good yesterday.  One day at a time!!

C&C, be careful driving.

It's not going above 28° today.  That's the low and the high today.  Patches of freezing drizzle with most ice and snow coming tonight and tomorrow morning.  Very little but plenty enough to make driving very hazardous.

I'll check back later.  I have a wriggling wild thing to try and entertain.  PU puppy farts after eating cat food.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1286
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 11:24:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Our bad weather is not suppose to start until 6 tonight and run until 6 am Sunday morning.  I think we might get it this time based on the weather forecasters' past record.  They are probably going to get this one right since they have not called one right in their last 5 or 6 attempts.  They can get the dry and sunny days right but can't predict a precipitation day to save their lives.  It has been a brutal winter when it comes to temps but a great winter based on precipitation. Have not had to shovel or fire up the snow blower yet this season.  Nothing yet over a 1/2" which is fine by me! 
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2951
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 15:19:26 (permalink)
Seems we are vacationing the same dates as Crunch! And I have a ticker for you to use to keep track of it.

My ticker: See Crunch.

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 17:05:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger,   Early May of 2019 should work for us. 

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/10 20:23:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
I stepped out on the patio a bit ago, to make sure that Pearl didn't go out on the pool cover because I knew it was slick with frozen drizzle, but I didn't realize that the patio was a sheet of ice!  I almost ended up in the pool!  Slicker than snot!  Bonnie cannot go out on it!  I'm afraid she will fall.

Pearl has been wild all day except while sleeping!  She's been harassing the others all day!  I've busted her arse, wrestled her down and kenneled her several times.  I can't let her out as I'm afraids she'll end up stuck out on the pool cover and I won't be able to step out on the patio.  She's about due to pass out for the night, THANK HEAVEN!

I've had a busy day.  Made a lovely roast beef dinner and shared it with the neighbors across.  Plus 2 good size pans of lasagna.  They are my Valentine's gifts for Cammie and Darren.  I'll take Cammie's to her shop to feed the crew on V Day.   They can microwave a piece quickly while working.  Darren will take his home to enjoy with his family.  Between cooking and dealing with Pearl, I'm worn out.
I haven't even enjoyed the hot tub today.  About time for that.

Sign me out as ICED

Page: << < ..701702703704705.. > >> Showing page 702 of 710
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5