Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 700 of 839
Author
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 13:24:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I don't think jj had a problem with the seller of the house.
It was the kitchen cabinet installer.  Must have gotten it under control.
Her post is now deleted from FB. 

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 15:02:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
TwirleyB

I've discovered where Pearl goes when I can't find her.  I thought she was going in to get in the cat's wet food.  Each time I go looking, apparently she can hear me coming and she meets me in the hall.  This morning she was hiding a cat turd in her mouth!  She's been in the cat litter box!   I just had to hunt her again!  She's a PIA!

Our German Shorthair, Maya, does the exact same thing plus lately when we let her out to pee she'll come back in with a frozen turd.  We have a corner lot and a lot of people walk their dogs along our side of the street.  I guess they often "forget" to pick up their dog's droppings.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 15:05:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJamigo

Frank and Maple,  Love the baby pics.  Gemma's birthday tutu is so cute.
Little Ori looks to be growing and thriving.  She is a cutie!  

PJ--Thanks for the compliment.  Gemma got 3 more tutus as presents!
BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6792
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 15:22:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy Everyone!

Been lurking. I had to chime in on the turds. With all of my cats, I scoop numerous times a day. Your turd eating doggies should take a trip to Kentucky. They'd go home fat

Have a great evening!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13330
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 21:07:50 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

I started having a tickling throat cough this evening.  I hope I'm not catching something.

Cindy, so glad Marilyn was found but 15 hours!  One of mom's friends had a stroke and also wasn't found for a long while.  Mom was telling me that she had been calling her friend with no answer so she sent the next door neighbor to check.  Mom reported back to me that she must be gone because the doors were locked including the storm door.  I realized that she HAD TO BE INSIDE THE HOUSE IF THE STORM DOOR IS LOCKED.  That's when they broke in and found her!  I was surprised to know that they didn't realize that she had to be inside since she couldn't go out the garage.  It was too full to get through so she couldn't use it.  Poor thing was a hoarded.  It's a wonder they got ambulance equipment in there to get her.

Not much going on today.  Levi got a few new mirrors hung a a couple things installed or moved for me.  Finally got the TP holder and towel bar in the old powder room.  It's done except for a couple paint touch ups.

Cammie came by with Pearl's brother for playtime.  Pearl got so bossy and rough that I disciplined her and she snapped at me.  That did it and I did as Badger said!  I pinned her to the floor on her back and held her down.  We had a little time out and a talking to.  She immediately changed her attitude!  She's been quiet and behaved since.  I knew it was coming as soon as she really got out of control.   It's that FANCY PANTS ATTITUDE!  Her brother is nothing like her.  He's mild and very mellow.  I like her little attitude but she must understand control and discipline.

Hi BB! 
Happy birthday to SC!

I need to get out tomorrow as more ice and snow coming tomorrow night.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/05 21:08:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I am in the middle of a large disagreement with the guy we bought the house from. He was supposed to have the drain cleared of roots all the way to the main drain. His plumber augered 70 feet and said it was clear 2 weeks after we moved on water was coming up he drains in the basement. We called a plumber that ran a camera and ended up having to dig up a broken pipe with a large Root log. So yeah, I’m fighting for my 5 grand to be reimbursed. The break was at 70 ft. Its 160-180 Ft to the main drain.
The guy lived here for over 8 years. He knew something was up and I’m not giving up. I have on my boxing gloves.

PJ. Which post did I remove from FB? I can’t remember having issues with my cabinet guys. I can’t remember removing a post. Now I think I might be going coo coo LOL

But hey! The countertops were installed today. Yippee!!

Stella liked frozen poo LOL. I used to chase her thru the house to get it out of her mouth
post edited by janjon - 2018/02/05 21:09:44

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 04:04:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
So my login today started with "8 P U". I'm thinking y'all can stop talking about turd-eating doggies now.  Early in the morning stomach-turning and all that. 

Today Chris is taking a day off from the law office. Taking his car for service, then a dentist appointment, then we both drive up to Waupon  to try on some ordered shoes. I've gotten pretty picky about shoes. SAS is about the only shoe that still makes narrow, and I walk right out shoes unless they are narrow ones. Have enough trouble walking as it is. And Chris desperately needed some new shoes, but they had to order them. Closest place is Waupon, about a 40 minute drive. Late in the day he has his annual sleep apnea Dr. appt. and then we're going out for Taco Tuesday. Need a date night after everything that has been going on.

Yesterday's snow was only about half an inch. But there is a possibility for snow everyday for the next week.

Hope you get satisfaction in your dispute, JJ. I would be wildly P.O.ed with that situation. 
Have a wonderful day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 05:03:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

That is one gorgeous Pecker you have there badger!

Thanks Crunch, and it IS larger than most of the species.

Good Morning Dog Lovers, it's Twosday.

Bernie, Abby is a naughty girl because she likes to eat deer poo and bunny poo and sometimes frozen dog poo. (Sorry Cindy, but Bernie asked and besides, it brought BB out of hiding.).

Thanks to y'all for the comments on our dogs, they do give us a lot of joy. Twirls, when I was at your home last year I said that that photo you have of Elvis looked a lot like Raji. Nice job with Pearl, young doggies need to learn who the real leader of the pack is.

JJ, might be time to consult a lawyer to make that weasel pay for the sewer work.

SNF, you need to update your ticker.

-10F this morning and I am officially tired of winter.

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8275
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 05:19:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sorry jj... as usual I got the details all out of whack. 
Knew you were upset...about the same time cabinets were going in. 
Didn't connect the dots correctly.    Hope the seller does right by you.

uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6654
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 06:55:30 (permalink)
Snow!!! We got a bunch yesterday and today,it'll all be groomed out real nice! Nice packing snow, so more trails are open!!!!

Yesterday, I was assisting a woman ski who had a stroke. She needs a device similar to a walker on skis to do so. Once hooked up, she is raring to go, top to bottom, no stopping. Love to see that kind of enthusiasm. She needed someone to tether her and hold her back a bit as she skied and someone to carry the device up the lift, as well as some people to "block" behind her, wearing our jackets to keep a safe ski area for her. I did everything but the tethering. There are a good many people, who you would think couldn't ski, that can, and absolutely love it. It is a very rewarding day!

Today? Free skiing! I'll be bombing around!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 07:04:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning all you non-poo eaters!

Crunch the Beagle never met a log he didn't like of either cat or dog variety.  We tried every trick out there LOL.  Finally Tomas just learned to pick it up before he could get to it

Pearl has great energy and good that you taught her the limits Twirley.  You da boss!

Oh JJ - yikes.  5k?  Hope you get resolution on that one from the seller.

PJ - don't you have a trip somewhere fun coming soon?  How is SJ doing?  Has he adjusted to the meds?

I am sick of winter too Badger.  The February cold fronts suck.  Hoping for an early spring.

Make it a good one all.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 07:39:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Crunch the Beagle never met a log he didn't like of either cat or dog variety.  We tried every trick out there LOL.  Finally Tomas just learned to pick it up before he could get to it

So Crunch, can you elaborate on the tricks you tried?  Seriously, I would like to get her to stop having her yard treats.  Last time it became a real health problem it ended up costing us about $300 before it was all said and done.  Vet said problem was from eating deer and rabbit droppings. Does that mean cat and dog droppings are a "healthier" alternative?  I'd call the vet but I am tired of putting his kids thru private schools
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 07:43:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
JJ---Sorry to hear about your sewer problem.  Judging from the sewer footages you stated, are you on some acreage?
barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 4438
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 08:33:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hi kids, lurker dropping in to say hi and give some poop eating advice :)
Sam was a poop eater until we started feeding him pumpkin. Not sure what it is about pumpkin - makes the poo taste bad, though how it could taste worse is a mystery to me. Never tried it myself. I just put a dollop on his food every day. No need anymore, that cured him. He still likes a little deer and elk poop from time to time but I was told by a vet that those actually contain 'probiotics' for dogs so good for them unless it's in excess.
We are having old folks issues too, have to make a trip to Ontario to help out the sisters till we can get a care aid in. MIL moved to assisted living but hated it so has now moved back home. The SIL's have their hands full. It's not easy watching parents age.
Looking forward to joining some BC'ers in Coz for a week of r'n'r and warmth. John has finally been given the go ahead to use his arms again after his sternotomy so I no longer have to split kindling, haul in firewood and shovel snow plus I have a ski partner now. Yeah!
Thinking of you all as you navigate through life's roller coaster ride.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 08:39:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  -6 and sunny.  Might venture out as more snow is in the forecast.

JJ, wish you well in resolving the issue.  Keep those gloves on. 

Badger, feel your pain.  

SNF, I am so excited for your trip to Calakmul.  Did it in March 2015 and it was fantastic.  If you would like more detail, send me a PM.  I tried to send one to you, but your inbox is full.   Maybe check out Rio Bec Dreams by Xpujil website as they have good info on ruin sites in the area.  We stayed there for a few days and highly recommend.

Cindy, busy day for you and Chris.  Enjoy Taco Tuesday.

Twirls, maybe Pearl's nickname should be sassy pants.  She sounds like a handful, but then again puppies usually are.

UHK, possible to take some pics of the adaptive skiing and the folks you assist?  Have a fun ski day.

Hola Bernie to you and Deb.  Hope things are going well and Deb is making progress with her to do list.

Crunchie, you've had some chilly weather.  

Barata, good to hear from you.  Enjoy your trip and happy to hear about John.  Take care.

Hi to everyone I've missed.  Make it a great day, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/02/06 08:41:26

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 09:01:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
I guess I got the poop scoop started.  Sorry Cindy!  My schnauzer was a poop eater.  He preferred horse turds from next door.  Everytime he got out of the fence, he headed for the horse pen.

My best wishes to you Barata and John.

Cammie called and Bentley puppy has a sprained back leg from Pearl pouncing on him last night.  He hasn't been able to walk since.  That's when the discipline started and resulted in the wrestling match.  She's a beast.  First thing this morning, she bit my nose and made me bleed.  I've had the whipping stick in hand since.  I'm using the back side of a back scratcher.  It works well and stings her butt.  She still barks back when spanked.  I've whacked her pretty good and she still talks back!  Obedience school is on the list as soon as she's old enough.  I've been watching Ceasar Milan and have tried some of his technique.  I know to remain calm and not react in anger.  She's finally down after 2 full hours of WILD. 

We are now expecting sleet and ice starting late afternoon.  I need to mas puppy food and cigarettes run!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 09:07:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I TOO, AM OFFICIALLY SICK OF WINTER!

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 09:29:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning
Hiccups are being dealt with, day two of rocks in our living area, this is disruptive.
Will catch up to you when I find my underpants, xit they are here.

until move time
Save
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2379
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 09:39:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Very nice beautiful sunny skies this AM. The temp is 40F at 8:30 and a high today of 65 degrees. The weather lady hit it right on the head this morning with "sunny and nice".

Debby spent the entire day yesterday talking to various companies and government agencies; some to get forms for changes concerning Russell's death, like stocks in both names, and others about her move to North Carolina ( Social Security and Medicare ), plus canceling some accounts that were just in Russ's name. Was a daunting task for Deb and it's still not over. I caught a little of her conversations and apparently some 'customer service' people are not well trained or just plain stupid ! hee,hee.

Yesterday I only went out for a run to Food Lyon for various fruits and vegetables.  What do you mean you can't live on just snacks ?

Today is a stop to Walgreen's for me and Deb continues to take care of her paperwork. She needs to copy a few forms on my copier into a pdf format and then email them to the parties that need same.
I'm not sure how to do that but I know my new HP all-in-one printer has that capability. We will figure it out with a little on line info.

Oops, interrupted by breakfast. Deb cooked scrambled eggs with some turkey-sausage and a little of cheese queso in the eggs (from super bowl). Yum.

Hi BB. Good to see you, you little lurker you. What the heck have you been doing ?

jj, bummer on the seller over your dispute. Badger probably had a good suggestion if you are at wits end with the seller : get an attorney involved.  Will cost some $$ but you might need a professional opinion on your chances of success.  Best of luck on a solution. Yes on counter tops & cabinets !!!

Cindy, had to look up the town of Waupon. Doesn't look too big. Have you or Chris ever tried the Red Wing shoes ? Supposed to be well made.

Badger, I guess Abby is a naughty girl !  I'm not going to mention the cause of her naughtiness !

Good job, Uphill.

Hi PJ. Hi crunch.

Barata, wishing continued success for John. He's been through a tough time.

MB, during breakfast Deb & I discussed taking a little break today to get out of the house and into the warm weather. A short run to North Myrtle Beach is planned for Pets Mart.

Which brings me to needing to get ready right now !
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29005
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 12:34:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I bet Deb needs a break.  A nice lunch out by the water maybe?

Frank, unfortunately all the treatments would require you to put stuff in those wild animals food bowls if that is whose poop gets eaten.

Soso - we don't mind you commando.  Come on in.

Bob - love that you were all willing and able to help someone ski who really wanted to and needed help.  Love hearing those stories.

Barata - great John news!  Sorry to hear about the parent woes.  i guess we are all "of that age".

Watch out for that ice Twirley!
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7674
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 13:40:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Yes I have an attorney working on it. There’s more to the story but I just gave you the quick version

Frank we have a very large corner lot.

I love the countertops! I’ll post before and after pictures when the kitchen is finished.

Cold here. Snow in the forecast.
I’m officially done with winter.

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9839
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 15:41:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Afternoon
Intermission in our busy day. Chris snoring on couch. His new shoes are perfect. Mine had to stay in the box at the store. Hurt my toes something terrible. So disappointed, 'cuz they were really cute. Stupid long toes.

So glad Chris had that one really good day with his Mom. Last few days she was in a lot of pain and crying out. This morning she passed.  Heidi will be keeping in touch as she makes arrangements for a memorial service, cremation, and another trip to Arlington. Chris is at peace, too. He knows she's in a better place now.

I am sick of winter as well. So much bitter cold weather. Had sun most of the day so far with our high of 9F, but the clouds are starting to roll in with next batch of snow. Goin to be another night  in single digits, so prolly not much snow.

JJ, I am really looking forward to the after pictures.  (and I hope your attorney wins!) (you should get pain and suffering for not being able to flush. Seller HAD to know and was trying to get away with not fixing it.) Rat Ba$tard.

Frank, I've heard putting MSG (Accent) on the dog food discourages the dog's taste for poo, but I'd try the pumpkin first. It sounds a lot healthier, and canned pumpkin is pretty inexpensive.  Can't hurt to try. Ask your vet, as long as he doesn't charge for answering questions.
Got to wake Chris up soon...Later!
PS: Commando Deb! OH my!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1857
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 16:45:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good early eve.  Ran a few errands earlier.  Clouds have moved in with light snow showers later.

Cindy, my heartfelt condolences to all.  I'm so glad Chris had that special day with Mom.  God bless her.

Bernie, happy the two of you decided to take a break today and hopefully enjoyed the warm-up.

JJ, hang in there and I second what Cindy said.  What a bleep.

SoSo, you have my blessing as well to go commando.  Sounds like you could use a tropical break.  

Twirls, good job with poop butt. 

Sama, MB  

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3688
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/06 17:14:01 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Chris and Cindy, so very sorry to hear about Chris' mother, she will be reunited with his Dad soon if she is not there already.
SoSo, good to hear from you.
janjon, if a letter from the attorney does not do the job, how about a suit in small claims court? I looked on nolo.com just now and the limit in Missouri (I think that is where you live?) is $5000. No attorneys needed. I am watching People's Court right now which gave me the idea.
Holly, do they make doggie Valium? Or is that just a puppy phase you have to get over? I honestly can't remember since I was raised with cats other than the English pointer I got for Jim. Rex was a good dog who loved people food including honeydew melon and spinach salad (only with dressing on it).
Bernie, hope Debbie gets through all the paperwork OK, sounds like it might be taking a bit of an emotional toll. Think crunch has a good idea about a nice lunch at a waterfront restaurant, gives her a bit of a break.

All is good here, cleaning service came and went so I'm good for the time being.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8126
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/02/07 04:55:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Winter Lovers, it's Hump Day.

Sorry to hear about Chris's Mom, but probably for the best.

Barata! Nice to "see" you and glad to hear John is getting back to normal.

SoSo...

-2F and light snow, weather guessers are saying we might get into the high 20s next week, woohoo, heat wave!

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..696697698699700.. > >> Showing page 700 of 839
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5