Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..691692693694695.. > >> Showing page 692 of 789
Author
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13678
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/17 16:45:51 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Here are a couple pictures from my walk today - not on the beach, like Bernie.  We are having snow - all day today and part of tomorrow too, However, there is no wind so it is lovely to be out in it. It is not cold either. just a few degrees below freezing.

AASB 2018 created good memories. Tammi is already booking 2019! 
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/17 22:09:40 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all frozen horse turds...I thought I'd steal the line before Badger!  (Not calling you all turds, by any means)
SNF, SNORT!
Nipper, BEAUTIFUL "iced berries" pic.  

Cindy, do the research regarding planters warts on the ball of the foot.  You'll be amazed ...not really amazed... but it's not what you think of when you hear PLANTERS WART.

I actually showered and dressed and went out today!  Did the close errands, cat food, cigs, wine, and bank...LOL.  Oh, and Cammie's shop for long floral boxes to pack the tall Christmas stuff into for storing.  All done so I came home for late lunch.  Ann joined me at home for Panerra Bread cheddar broccoli soup and baguettes with cheese and salami.  Then I went to Lazy Boy furniture store to sit in that old people's chair.  I brought home custom fabric samples.  Then I went next door to Lazy Boy, (I was on what is known as FURNITURE ROW) and bought a coffee table at Slumberland.  It's fairly rustic but still tropical looking .  The wood looks like flattened wide bamboo and not completely even on the top (probably is bamboo) and the trim is black wrought iron.   It feels of good quality and substantial.
THEN... nothing exciting but I did go to Avanzare restaurant for wine and mussels. 
On the way out the door the "same old boyfriend" called.  I returned his call on Bluetooth.   We LOL, reminesced,  and talked for over an hour, way after I got home.  Was fun to think and reminesce about our younger days but totally meaningless except for the LOL part.  I'm happy without adding that crapola to the table.  

You all have a great night and early morning.

post edited by TwirleyB - 2018/01/17 22:14:48
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8100
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 03:40:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Warts, (Twirley stole my line) it's Thirstday.

Bernie, that means you have to get the garbage out!

Lovely photos Nipper, my Mom used to make jelly out of those high bush cranberries. When I find them in the winter I always pick and eat a handful, very tart, but full of vitamin C.

A screwed up day yesterday, shortly after I got back from Duluth with the shower unit I received a call from the outfit that hired me to install it and they said to cancel the job because the client was going into hospice care and it was no longer needed. Then when I checked my email this morning I have a message from the client's daughter saying the job is back on. So now, until I get an "official" go-ahead I am stuck in neutral.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 05:29:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning
Well, I hope that situation gets straightened out for you quickly, Paul. Is the shower unit something you could use on another project, or could you possibly return it? What a PITA.

Well, Holly, I did do some research and all the sites said it is a wart, caused by the HPV virus, but different strains from the genital type. Most common in children. Several mentioned communal showers as a common means of infection. Since I only share a shower with Chris, I am blaming him, LOL. Since it was small and close to the surface (the Dr.'s words) I am hoping the cryotherapy is the end of it.

Lovely photos, Nipper. I have been so disappointed with my Hawthorn tree this winter. It is usually covered with it's bright red berries all winter, but I think because we had monsoon-like rains while it was blooming last spring, pollination was poor. Followed by an unusually dry summer. I miss that winter color in the back yard. And in the front yard, the birds have long since eaten the high bush cranberries.

Still  have not done any snow removal. It never got above 20F yesterday, and wind was horrendous. Gusts to 40mph. That actually cleared most of the snow from the deck, and tomorrow through the weekend it is supposed to warm to 40F with rain on Sat. and Sun. So I may just let Mother Nature take care of snow removal. Give the ankle a pass. Have no packages being delivered, so don't think anyone will need to use the front walk anyway.

Stay warm, all you Southern popsicles. Northern advice: LAYERS.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 06:46:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

A bit chilly on the coast with the current temp 27F at 7:00. High today 42 degrees. No snow on my deck bit inland NC got slammed pretty good. News this morning is acting like they have never seen snow before.

Yesterday was 'mellow Wednesday'. A trip to Nel's for lunch and then a stop at Lowe's Foods for sale items. Today I need to pack for my trip to Williamsburg. Leaving tomorrow morning and be back Monday or Tuesday. I also need to get my house key to Devin and go over the care of Bobby Joe, otherwise known as the recluse kitty.

Yes Paul. Trash will be out before 10. Thanks.

SNF, yes, I can buy a 'pull-down' spring loaded attic stairway. They cost about $200 with the install but I decided to buy the 8' ladder for other uses around the house.  I might be placing some of Debby's stuff up in the attic but after she has moved, I won't be going up & down except for my x-mas items.

nipper, pretty pictures. I'm surprised that the birds or deer haven't already consumed those berries.

Holly, Lazy Boy used to make a smaller version of their big overstuffed "man chair".  I'll take a picture of the one I purchased years ago. The arms make it look more like a rocking chair but it functions just like the larger versions.

Cindy, speaking of a southern popsicle, I wonder how Bosco is doing in Florida ?  Yesterday my brother Bob said Tampa is hitting the 30's.

Need more coffee.
Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 07:07:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
big chair & smaller version

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 07:08:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
the "ladies' version

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 09:21:34 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  24 and sunny.  Another beautiful day on the way with a high of 37.  Yesterday was errand day and then more tax stuff.  CPA contacted my attorney who provided all the required documentation on land sale. 

Had a nice chat with youngest Brother.  We may get together for the Vikings game. Christine is coming out on Saturday so we can celebrate her birthday in advance.  One of my two Christmas cacti decided to bloom and the orchid is starting to form buds.  Nothing to exciting going on around here. 

Nipper, nice pics.

Twirls, glad you got out and about yesterday. 

Badger, hope you get the green light to move ahead on that project.

SNF, funny story about doggies and frozen turds.  

JJ, you must be over the top busy.  Check in when you can.  Need a Mom update or maybe I missed it.

Bernie, safe travels tomorrow and hope the move goes well.  I suspect it will be emotional for Deb.

Cindy, I like your thinking about the snow removal.  Weather folks talking about rain and snow Sunday evening into Monday.  That's a long ways out.....will see.

SoSo, good to hear that the unpacking is going well.

Need to get busy around here.  I've been way to lazy lately.  Make it a great day, MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2018/01/18 09:23:53

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 09:52:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny ....beautiful day here.  Let the warm up begin. 

Nipper,  Beautiful pictures!  

Bernie,  Safe travels.  Love the recliners.  Very nice!

Badger,  Hurry and wait....  Hope the situation turns out in your favor.

Chris, finally cracked into SS... had to laugh though.  My hotmail account takes so long
to load due to carppy internet service.  That I kept missing 10 minute window of opportunity.
Gave up last night.  Tried this morning while internet was faster.  Made it! 
Once I was in... first thing I did was change email to faster gmail service. 
Marking my calendar to check in before getting locked out again.  PITA 
On the plus side...security is certainly tight.  Thanks again for all your advice.

Cindy,  Just wait for the melt on Saturday.  I did a little scooping and salting
of porch.  Neither of the two decks are being used... so the snow can just stay.
I did have some packages coming this week...   Lil doggie and I were taking nap
on couch near the wood stove at mail time.  Mailman quietly put package by the door.
Next day he teased me...about napping on the job.   LOL

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 10:24:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Apparently we were the coldest place in the U.S.A. this morning.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28993
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 12:31:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great news about Tim MB!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 18:38:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening all.  High of 42 and more on the way tomorrow.  Makes me happy after all the cold.  Sheets changed, tile floors cleaned, carpets vacuumed, 2 bathrooms and 2 loads of wash done and then a hot shower.  Dusting tomorrow.

Thanks Crunchie.  How is your Mom doing?

PJ, glad Chris was able to assist.

Bernie, again hope the trip goes well.

Lots of hype about the Vikings game and Super Bowl on news, but better than all the other $hit happening around the country. Be well, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/18 20:19:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

MB, yes, good to hear your family members are doing better.  

The temperature finally reached above freezing.  I didn't go out.  Instead I stayed in and Levi came to do the honey do stuff.  I had to assist.  All the Christmas stuff got packed up and into the attic!  DONE!

I've made a decision regarding the new loveseat fabric...burnt orange red that matches the color in the rug.  It was that or aqua .  Both the same EZ CLEAN fabric.  Spill red wine and it beads up.  I tested it on the sample and I'll do it on my piece.  It better be right.  

Right now I'm happy , full and watching a decent movie that I know by heart...but it's good so I listen in.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 05:08:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
good morning campers and lurkers

nice pix nipper

looking forward to boat drinx tonite

enjoy Freya's day

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 05:36:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Attic Packers, it's Friday. 

PJ, that's funny that you were near the coldest spot in the lower 48, usually that happens within a couple hundred miles of us.

I received a rather nasty email yesterday from the daughter of the gentleman who I was supposed to install the walk-in shower for, basically blaming me for the project's cancellation. Totally untrue, so I replied to her email and informed her of what had really happened. I actually bit my tongue while writing it and stuck to the facts, and then a short time later I received her reply in which she apologized profusely. Made me feel a little better.

Our January thaw continues, mid 30s yesterday, might hit 40 today before it starts to cool off again.

Yes, looking forward to Boat Drinx.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6650
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 06:01:23 (permalink)
Bernie, I have an attic access that I used an 8' step ladder for. Then I used it more and more. Finally, I put in a pull down ladder. More stable, took less room, and easier to use. Wish I had done it sooner. If you stick to using it once or twice a year, you won't mind. But when it starts to become a habit....

Today, is skiing, of course! But my old boss is coming with another friend. We'll be tearing up the mountain!

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 07:24:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

I won't be here to enjoy the local weather but there will be a high of 55 degrees under bright sunny skies. Darn, this would have been a super day for a beach walk. Current temp 30F.

Chatted with Deb last night and she asked if I was going to get an early start today ?  And miss my coffee ? No way, although I am planning to be on the road by 10 o'clock. Should be a nice day for travel.
I'm all packed except for the house robe I'm wearing. hee,hee.

MB, yes, I know Debby is going through a lot right now. She asked me to stay through Tuesday when the movers arrive. My response was "what am I going to do, watch them load the moving van" ? Later I gave my statement a little more thought and talked to a friend about what I had said. She told me it might just be for emotional support, as she is saying goodbye to the home that she & Russell had lived in for 35 years. I mentioned to Debby last night that I would probably stay through Tuesday and she said that would be nice. Done & done. 

Holly, you know a few years from now the kids in your neighborhood will whisper "that where the crazy old furniture lady lives". ha,ha,ha.

Hi Chris !  Good to see you around here, although a man of few words today. Ha.

Badger, the truth will set you free !  So did the lady "hire you back" to finish the job ?

Uphill. I might have that pull-down installed at a future time.  I didn't have the time to mess with it right now and you are correct. If I find myself going up and down into the attic a lot, I'll buy one.
Enjoy your skiing.

One more cup of coffee and time to get cleaned up.
See y'all next Wednesday.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 08:09:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Safe travels, Bernie. Again, you are a good brother. Is the furniture going into storage, or all coming to your house?
Yah, Chris got up early, only about ten minutes after I did at 4am. He had about 10 different pages open; music through head phones, news, Free Cell and Hearts...I gave up trying to get enough bandwidth. Plus he taps along with the music, and then there is all the "guy noises". I won't be specific, but I was getting rather nauseous. So I went to make the bed, get dressed, put away the clean laundry from yesterday, and generally stay out of his way.

We are at 27 right now, high of 41 later. Be gone, un-shoveled snow!

PJ, that was pretty weird. Are you sure they didn't mean to put a 1 in front of that 2? If not, that has to be a fairly rare occurrence for your neck of the woods.

Crunch, any news on your folks?

Not much on the agenda today. I may try and make it through a book a friend at church loaned me. Such an interesting subject; a WW2 Lutheran army chaplain from St. Louis who, as the war ended, was tapped to be the chaplain to the German war criminals. Unfortunately, the author is a newspaper reporter, and he writes like one. (geared toward an 8th grade education AND including too much nonsense not necessary to the story). So what I thought would be an interesting read has become a chore, but I need to make it through, 'cuz I know Andy will want to talk about it. And Andy LOVES to talk.

So, be well all, and have a wonderful day.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 08:50:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine!  Temps above 30...cat and dog were bouncing around outside
like spring has arrived.  I get such a kick out of that cat.  She is so funny!   
Must get groceries and supplies today.  Really don't want to step foot into Wally World.
This going to be a fast shopping trip.  
Planning my route through the store with list and anti bacterial wipes in hand.
Don't get between me and the door.... I do not want the flu again.

Badger,  This was my thought about yesterday morning's temps....
Badger's part of the world is usually the coldest.  How the heck did this happen?  LOL
Glad the woman apologized to you.  Can you take the shower stall back?

Cindy,  Not a mistake...temp was 2F degrees.  To us wimps it felt like 40 below.  LOL

Bernie,  Safe travels.  You are a good brother.   Hugs

Don't know what is happening with the new baby out in Oklahoma.
He is still in the hospital... on a feeding tube.  Not gaining enough weight to go home. 
Please keep him and the family in your prayers.  His name is Axel.  (Cindy was right)

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 09:42:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Bernie, the neighbors already talk about "that woman who keeps building on her house".  I'm sure there are whispers comparing me and the Winchester Widow.  I've been told that on nice days folks walk by my house just to see what is going on here.  I met one guy riding his bike who said he rides by just to see what's happening here.  I invited him in to see.  I've planned to have a neighborhood party when I'm finished.  I have been working on this house since shortly after we moved in, a few years ago.  It's changed a lot!

Today is supposed to be mid 50's.  I'm going to order the loveseat later today.  I booked a room in Eureka for tomorrow night.  Planning to meet with the architect over Sunday Brunch.  It will be warm but windy with clouds.

Enjoy your Friday.
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3687
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 16:00:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Badger, glad you got things straightened out with the daughter about the bathroom, hopefully you can use it for a future project.
Bernie, safe travels, you are a good brother. Did the two cats get introduced yet, or is that going to wait until you return with Deb?
Twirley, you made me laugh with your comment about Mrs. Winchester. Bet you will be glad to finish.

Couple of things from Wednesday.
First my sister called me in the am asking to borrow my car, hers was in an accident the evening before, she was OK except for a painful bump on the head, but the drivers' window was all cracked and shattered. Of course I let her use it.
Then my neighbor's sister let me know she was cooking a turkey and would I like some? Of course, so about 5pm she brought over a huge plate with turkey, gravy, stuffing, baked potato and coleslaw which I had for dinner Wed and lunch Thursday. I still have the baked potato which I will reheat tonight for dinner (hope it is still good). Beats the heck out of my usual TV dinner.

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy the football.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/19 19:43:55 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

Jamie, bless you.  Do you like BBQ?

I went and ordered the "old people's" love seat!  And took advantage of 2 years free interest, although I didn't need to.  Aristotle Onasis said "never spend your own money if you can spend someone else's".  I believe that.   I ordered burnt orange EZ CLEAN fabric.   I sat in many seats before the purchase and none had the same back support!  It's perfect for my back and the head rest fits perfectly also.  DONE.

Still think I'm going to Eureka tomorrow depending on weather, Bonnie, and how I feel.  It's supposed to be a low of 54 overnight and highs around 60°, but cloudy and windy.   Wind can be significant or non existent in downtown Eureka depending on the direction.  I'm hoping to have a lovely dinner in the grotto at Rogues Manor.  I've reserved a room at my favorite hotel and they are giving me a suite that costs 3 times the$ I'm paying!  SCORE.  I hope it's not one of the "UNFRIENDLY" rooms.  I've had one of those rooms in that hotel...where you try to go in the door and everything is screaming "STAY OUT".  I made friends that time with whatever spirit but it wasn't comfortable like other rooms.  

Happy Saturday Everyone!

post edited by TwirleyB - 2018/01/19 19:47:44
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/20 04:34:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Spirits, it's Saturday.

Twirls, have fun!

Jamie, TV dinners.....yuck!

Re: the bathroom remodel...an organization that helps the elderly and disabled hires me to do home modifications, handicap ramps, etc. THEY are the ones who canceled the project because of the rapidly declining health of the client. He is now under hospice care and would most likely never be able to use the new shower. I will be paid for buying the shower unit and my time expended so far. I stored the shower unit in my barn and will be able to use it on a future project for them. It was the client's daughter who was upset about cancelling the remodel, and I did cut her some slack because the fact of the matter is that her father is probably not long for this world and that is a very tough thing to deal with, so I can understand her being upset right now.

We laughed and laughed during Boat Drinx last night, the wine was flowing at C&C's house.

Going out to our cabin today with some of my friends to get some work done, might play poker and have a few drinks this evening.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/20 06:12:36 (permalink)
Good Morning
Yeah, I think we overdid the wine. Yikes. Kitchen was a mess, but is now all clean and I am feeling a bit more human. Sticking with coffee and water today! Mr. Christian still sleeping it off.

Have fun in Eureka, Holly.

Jamie, glad your sister is OK. Been reading about "New California". Think they have any chance of actually becoming a separate state?

PJ, I guess Axel is not such a bad name, but it sure wouldn't be my first choice. Friend of mine, a retired 3rd grade teacher, once had a student named "Harley Davidson". His parents called him Chopper. Prayers sent for the little guy.

Have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/20 08:42:56 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Temps are amazing!  Only had to put on my old baggie sweater for yard patrol.  Loving this!   
Got all the errands run yesterday.  We now have new stock of groceries
and paper goods.  SJ is learning his way around the kitchen and pantry.
He was very helpful.  Actually he was very hungry....LOL  Put groceries away
while I made dinner.     
No jury duty again next week.   In holding pattern.
Doesn't matter on hold for brother and SIL anyway...until April 15th. 
SC is pretty funny... sent me picture of her electric bill with a caption.  (On FB chat box)
"I can't afford to live here!"  Bill was $108.  (usually about $50)  Offered to swap electric bills with her.
Got an immediate "NO" to that idea.  Ha! Ha!   
Bet a lot of people are crying over their electric bills this month.  

C&C and Badger,  Sounds like you all had a fine time last evening.  LOL

Cindy,  thank you for the prayers.  Hope lil Axel begins to thrive on his own soon.
Went to school with a boy whose name was Oscar Mayer.  Though we never knew
until graduation day when they called out his full given name for the diploma.  Went by Dave.
The crowd laughed.  He took it well... gave a big bow when exiting the stage.  LOL

Badger,  So happy you are not stuck with the price of that shower stall.

Jamie,  Bet that turkey dinner was tasty.  Glad your neighbor was kind enough
to share with you.  Hugs

Twirls,  Yeah!  On the old lady chair.   Have my eye on a couple those as well. 

Wishing all of you a wonderful and warm day.

Page: << < ..691692693694695.. > >> Showing page 692 of 789
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5