Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..686687688689690.. > >> Showing page 690 of 739
Author
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6638
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 07:51:42 (permalink)
Rain.......

Lovin life,
Bob

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 07:59:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning!

Cold here. Yesterday woke to 4 with a -10 windchill. I really dislike winter.

Twirls. Food sounds good. Stay warm girlie

Hmmm shovel horse poop or Florida. I’m in for Florida. However I can tell you if the choice was shovel horse poop or laundry, the horse poop would win

Pj how fun to catch up with old friends.

Badger. LOL. Sounds like I won a trivia question

Lots of work to do today. Cabinets will be delivered this morning for installation on Monday.
Things are moving right along. I have to go to the stinky house tomorrow to pick up Dish equipment and return to them so I don’t get charged $350

Stay warm and enjoy your weekend!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1842
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 09:38:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  -12 and sunny although local weather guy said it was actually -17 in Eagan.  I'm going with "it's just cold."  I did manage to get some errands done yesterday and late afternoon called the animal control office as I spotted a Samoy running unattended in the cold.  I've seen this dog loose once before in the warmer months but I've not seen it actually on a walk with it's owners in my neighborhood.  Really hoping for the best outcome.

JJ, great news on the cabinets.  Hope your Mom is doing well.

Badger, I'm with you. Get that driveway done and then enjoy the comfort of a warm home and football food and drinx.

UHK, oh, no rain.  You may have to find something to do to keep busy.

Twirls, glad you are keeping busy and are wrapping up the house project.  Enjoy your time with guests.

Cindy, I'm thinking March can't come soon enough.  Good luck with the tubs today.

Crunchie, my winter shovel attire is not a fashion statement.  Turtleneck, fleece and down jacket.  Hat, scarf, down ski mittens, socks with wool stockings and snow boots with good tread.  Looks like I will be at it again tomorrow with the next snow fall.  I do have a snow thrower but haven't used is yet as the limited amount of snow fall so far has not been more than a few inches and the exercise is good for me. 

Bernie, safe travels for sister and friend.  Be careful unloading stuff and good luck with the cats.

Need another cup of coffee.  Later, MB

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8269
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 10:24:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy with temps in the teens.  
Lost my post from yesterday....twice.  Finally gave up. 
Internet service very slow with all the kids out of school.  
We received our first winter storm of the season.  No problems for us. 
Those who chose to get out on the roads...Whoa!  Pile ups and mayhem!  
SJ did his work up ahead of time on Thursday... stayed home from work.   
We just stuck close to the wood stove and watched TV.  Napped off and on all day. 
Had a bunch of leftover food in the freezer.  Pulled pork, chicken n dumplings and quiche.
Got it out and we just zapped it in microwave.  Didn't cook yesterday.  Might not cook today.   LOL
SC made it to work at the hotel.  But not without doing a 360 in her tiny car and scaring the xit out of herself.  
Thankfully no harm to herself, her car or others.  Hotel put staff up for the night. 
So no scary drive back to condo.  SC was more than good with that.  Me too!

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 12:37:04 (permalink)
+2 (2)
No,  oops... Afternoon All
I've been engrossed in OAK ISLAND programs all morning.

PJ, good to hear that SC won't be driving home.  Looks like you all got it pretty bad.

I agree with MB, ITS JUST COLD.  D___n cold!

We had a bit of Sun which melted a tiny edge of the puddle on the pool cover.  The birds flocked in for a drink of water.  Between the food I put out and a mostly constant source of water, we have a bountiful bevy of beautiful birds!  Some winter consolation, I suppose.

Don't know when or if anyone will brave the cold to come and eat lasagne.  

I'm going to try to make myself go organize the Christmas stuff for attic storage.  That's where I keep it.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 14:58:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Twirls,  Not that we got it so bad.  It was the way in which it arrived.
Torrential rain...followed by flash freeze of wet roads, then sleet and snow on top.
Prevented TDOT from salting the main roads ahead of time...because the rain would just wash it away.  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 21:31:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

I'm trying to keep my mind off of MY THROBBING JOINTS in my body.  The next front must be on the move because I started feeling it about 2 hours ago.  My finger joints are pulsating! More extremely cold temperatures on the way...with snow!

PJ, I saw your weather on TWC.  Nasty driving!

Strange that most of OUR winter weather has by passed towards the south this year.  I'm not going to point at global warming, although that may be the cause.  I don't think that the dinosaurs could blame global warming...

I haven't done much today besides cook a roast, eat and clean up.   I stayed in my robe all day!  

Margarita is trying to rearrange her new bed by digging her hole!  Apparently she doesn't find it comfy enough.  I might have to get her a waterbed so I can watch her dig her comfy hole but as soon as she lays down, her hole will fill in!  I had one for a schnauzer years ago.  He would get so irritated at that waterbed, it was hysterical!  

No more breaking news so I'll sign off for tonight.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 21:35:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Left out about lasagne dinner...   kiddos thought it was tomorrow for lasagne.  I switched menus.  Roast today, lasagne tomorrow.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8086
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 05:59:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Animal Control Officers, it's Sunday.

JJ, pix would be nice when you are done.

PJ, glad SC is OK, that is scary.

Twirls, very nice talking to you yesterday, but I forgot to ask about Bonnie and how she is doing?

-10F here right now, I've got to finish cleaning out my half of our walk in closet and then more football, actually cheering for the Vikes today because I took New Orleans in the Loser's Pool.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 08:30:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
16 degrees and ice. 

Thinking I need to sharpen my skis. Make a dump run. A couple of household maintenance items. Take care of the cat. Seriously, the cat earns my servitude. Something about having a cat cuddle up to you and purring that is therapeutic on so many levels. 

How about some pictures and a story that goes along with it? As you know, it was pouring cats and dogs Friday, absolutely ruining the nice soft snow we had. I needed something to do. A friend had a terrible set of stairs into her basement, and a niece had wrenched her ankle on them. 7 1/4" treads, super steep, no step overhangs, etc....

Here is all the materials set up in the basement, ready to go. Took me some 27 trips up and down those awful stairs to get all the materials and tools in the basement.

Here, I have the old steps ripped out and I'm mugging for a photo as I am rebuilding.

And here is what the final product looks like:

Clearly, not a finished product, but ready to be finished, should she decide to finish off the basement. I used advantech floor underlayment for the treads and risers. A nice non skid surface. If she paints them with a deck paint, there will be no need to put skid-x in the paint, as they will paint up nice and rough, for a very safe walking surface (that won't sweep clean very well, you'll need a dustbuster to properly clean them). Way practical application maximizing safety. Notice th handrail on both sides, while there with the tools and materials, it only added 20 minutes and $33.00. After a certain age, this add on for a $700.00 project has a high return for safety. 

My only concern on doing this stair replacement job for her was that while I could make these stairs much safer than what was there before, I can not make them match current building codes. There simply was not enough room to do so. I can make them match the codes in effect at the time the house was built, and match the stairs going to the second level. She understood this and accepted this, still wanting to do the job, on account of safety. So it cost her the leftover chili in her fridge (mental note, she has a good chili recipe!). And dinner at the local chinese place. Okay, she did pay me a little extra than what the materials cost, but pretty much, I was working for food! And doing a good thing! And keeping myself busy!

Hey everybody, have a great day!

post edited by uphillklimber - 2018/01/14 09:44:28

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 09:16:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good on you, Bob!

We actually had snow overnight.  And a bit more than expected.  Forecast was a dusting to 1".  We have at least 2"-3".  The little kids across the street are coming to clear my sidewalk after church.  I'll make hot chocolate afterwards for them.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9832
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 09:45:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Went to church last night so we slept in a bit this morning. A lot of fist bumping and elbow tapping going on; the flu is so bad around here no one wants to shake hands. All area hospitals are overflowing. Glad that our main grocery store provides wipes at the entry. I always make sure to use one on my hands and one on the cart handle this time of year. Also feeling grateful that when I was in the hospital in October, they gave me the "geriatric" flu shot dose. Covers more strains than the more widely distributed dose, which they are now saying is only about 30% effective. Take precautions, BC friends, this flu season is killing people!

We have a snow event on the way. Supposed to begin around 8pm and continue through Tues. morning. Up to 6 inches total, so not major, but will certainly mess up the roads. Chris off tomorrow for MLK day, so at least he doesn't have to be out driving in it.
Do want to make a run to town today to the FleetFarm store; Badger told us they carry a pet friendly salt, and we need it for the deck. It has been icy out there since Thursday rain, and poor Mollie is having a terrible time making it down the steps to the yard.

Other than that, some football and relaxing while the weather is frightful. Wish we had a fireplace. About -5F, highs MIGHT make it 10.
Just finished a nice Chris-made breakfast, time to go clean up the kitchen. Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
uphillklimber
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 09:53:30 (permalink)
Twirley!!! Those kids are getting to be rarer and rarer these days. I think you need to up the ante, fresh cookies as well!

Seriously though, I used to earn money as a kid babysitting, picking blueberries, raking, mowing, shoveling. These days, can't babysit without certification, can't mow unless you are 17 or older, etc.... and who wants to when they are thumbing small little electronic devices...

It's a different world these days....

Lovin life,
Bob

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2373
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 10:57:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hi everyone. Late morning post for BeBe.

Debby and Teresa finally on the road about 11:15. We all had a nice dinner last night with chicken and shrimp on the grill, salad, plus steamed veggies with brown rice. For once, no pictures taken. We all had Cuba Libre made with Meyers dark run, lime & coke. Bed by 11 and up at 7:30.

Deb & Teresa arrived yesterday at 3:30. We had Teresa's Suburban unpacked in 30 minutes with most boxes and one new cat ( Bobbie Joe ) upstairs. For now Bobbie Joe will be confined upstairs. Freddie knows there is another cat in the house and she wants to find out who is up there. I told Debby that I would give Bobbie Joe a few days of solitude before I do a "test meeting" of the 2 cats.
Will see how that goes Tues or Wed. Then I'll be on the road this Friday to pack my truck up for one last run. This is getting a little old.

Nice stairs, Uphill.

Hope everyone enjoys the games today. Stay safe and warm.
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 11:06:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!  
Partly cloudy with temps in teens. 
Got a little more ambitious yesterday.  Got out the long extention pole with duster brush on the end
and knocked down all the fake lady bugs from ledge below high windows in livingroom. 
Gross... the floor was covered with them.  Sucked those buggars up with the shop vac. 
Then mopped floor.  Went on to dust bust the bedroom and shampoo the carpet in there.       
SJ worked outside cleaning off all the vehicles. Hauling more wood to the house and stacking it on the porch. 
Warming up off and on in the family room watching football on TV.
SC still working long shifts and staying at hotel.  Though she did return to condo during the afternoon
melt to get more clothes, etc.   With refreeze at sundown...black ice made roads hazardous again.
Going to work on our bedroom some more today.  Reorganize some clothes.  Do some ironing.
Start a pot of spaghetti sauce.  Let it simmer for evening meal.  Twirls has me wanting lasagna...
but not venturing out into the stores.  Keeping myself out of the flu zone as much as possible.   

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!   Stay safe and warm! 

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1842
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 11:22:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  10 with a light snow shower.  Church via live stream this morning as no plans to go out other than to warm up the vehicle.   Tim is actually headed to the Vikings game today.  

UHK, nice job on the stairs.  Definitely a fan of hand railings.  

Twirls, nice of the kids to give you a helpful hand.  

Cindy, the flu season has surely ramped up.  Smart of you to get vaccinated when you did.  

PJ, glad that SC was not injured in the spin.  Scary for sure.  Nice gesture to provide overnight housing for the troops.

Badger, SKOL.

Bernie, hope things are going well at your place.  Will Deb be staying the week and drive back with you in the truck?  Give her a hug for me.  She is certainly dealing with some of life's biggest stressors.

Make it a great day everyone. Go Vikes.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/14 19:49:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all

CONGRATS VIKINGS!  OMG!  That game!  What a last minute- to - second competition!

The impending new polar front is hurting me bad since mid afternoon.  Kiddos came for dinner but stayed only minutes.  I think Darren had a bee up his but before he got here.  He got mad right away over what I said.  I was a bit surprised and embarrassed when they arrived early.  Last communication was at 9:30 am and I was texting to see if they were coming since it snowed.  He replied that HE THOUGHT THEY WERE and what time.  I replied 3 pm and never heard another word to confirm.  They arrived at 2 !  I had kinda assumed they were coming but they usually call or text when they are on the way, to see if I need anything.  They didn't so I was caught unaware and still in my robe.  Bad on me, I know, but when I acted somewhat surprised Darren got upset and said it didn't seem like they were welcome and he announced that they were going home!  I didn't try to stop him since it seemed like something was already brewing.
My buddy who works as meatcutter at the local grocery came by and ate dinner.  I donated some to the neighbors who look after me and I'll freeze the rest.   BTW, it's nice to have a buddy who works in the meat department.  I get superb cuts at sale rates and a couple freebies sometimes.  

Bernie, my heart goes out to Debby.  I hope she is dealing well with everything.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8086
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 05:26:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Buggars, it's Moanday.

Twirls, sometimes Darren can be a brat.

Cindy did you find the pet safe salt?

I turned the Vikes game off before the end, thought it was over.

A bit warmer today, temp right now is at 8F with snow expected.

Wag more....bark less.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7673
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 05:41:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning

I watched the last 3 minutes of the Game. Wow. Just wow. That was crazy

Up early to be at the pre-op at 5:30. Moms getting her new knee today. (Glad she only has 2)

Twirls. Agree. Brat

Ice and snow covered roads today. With a high of 14. Highs tomorrow is 4. Brrr. Brrr brrr

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 06:01:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
We arrived safely, finally at the new forever place, gracias to all for your great support. 

AMAZED, now the real fun begins.

until move time
Save
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 06:15:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Agree with everyone, what a game! Congrats to the Vikes!
Plow has been through, looks like only 1-2 inches so far.

PJ, thanks for the idea. Read your post yesterday and then started my own pot of spaghetti sauce.
Holly, Darren sounds like a real piece of work. Don't let it bother you one bit.
Stay safe on those roads, JJ. Best wishes to your Mom.

Paul, I sent Chris out for the salt. He wisely checked on line and made some phone calls before leaving; Fleet didn't have it, but Petco did. Deck salted, but now snow covered. Apparently snow doesn't freak Mollie as much as ice. She went down her usual way with no problem this morning and did a thorough yard patrol.

Bernie, hugs to Deb. You are a good brother.
Wonder if the move went on as planned for SoSo?
A good MLK day to all of you
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 06:20:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SoSo snuck in before I finished, so I now know the answer to my question. Congrats!

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28970
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 06:59:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Congratulations Soso.  Let the unpacking begin.

Bernie - I hope Debby is doing as well as can be hoped for.  Sounds like a great dinner.

Badger!  Can't believe you had turned off the TV after they blew that fantastic lead.  What an ending!

JJ - hope this knee recovery goes smoothly.  You are a great daughter.

Twirley - hope your joints are better today.  Sorry for the way the kid reacted.

Yay for Molly.  Always easiest to poop in your familiar spot LOL.

Glad SC works for a hotel and can stay there PJ.  What a relief that must be.

Nice job on the stairs Bob.

Supposed to get a little ice and snow this eve which will definitely cause mayhem tomorrow.

post edited by crunch - 2018/01/15 07:00:23

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 09:20:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Yes, Darren is becoming the man he didn't like...his father!  And a brat!  He is working himself into an early heart attack, I'm afraid.  He's always griping about his life and very stressed.  I'm sorry for him.

It's snowing like crazy right now.  Has been for awhile it looks like.  Not supposed to get even this much . We have about 4".   Chili is very unhappy and glaring out the window.  I heard the main streets were ok yesterday but our side roads horrible.  I'd like to go back and sit in that LAZY BOY but I'm not attempting to get out.

You all stay warm and safe. 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2373
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/15 09:40:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice bright and sunny skies on the coast this AM. Cool with current temp of 29F at 9:30. High today will be 47 degrees.

I forgot to mention that I got all of the lawn decoration and Christmas lights put away Saturday afternoon before Deb & Teresa arrived. I put Mr Snowman & his deer buddy back into their boxes and stored the lights in a long plastic tub. Then I tried to use my 10' step ladder to see if I could put all of the decorations up in the garage attic. Problem : 10 foot ladder was too tall to fit upright in the garage. Wasn't expecting that. Set up the 6' ladder. Too short.  I needed an 8' step ladder or a taller helper. Devin to the rescue. That skinny guy pulled himself from the top ladder step into the attic.
I was very nervous when he did that but I was able to hand the boxes up to him safely. Oh, he also reported that the garage attic has plywood installed on the flooring studs, complements of the builder. I didn't know that either. An 8 foot ladder is now on my shipping list.

MB, how about your Vikings !!  Great ending on the game. I was all bummed that they were going to lose that game and then a Christmas miracle. hee,hee Oh, I might not have been clear on Debby's last trip on Saturday. It was an overnight stay for her & Teresa then back to Williamsburg on Sunday morning. She doesn't have the luxury of time as her buyers will be in her home by the end of this month. Deb needs to get the rest of her stuff packed and outta there, hence my drive up to Virginia this Friday.

Yippee on the new digs, SoSo.  As you stated, now comes the fun : unpacking and putting things in place. It can be a little overwhelming. Take it one box at a time and watch your back.

Badger, you won your pick on the looser's pool and didn't even get to see it. hee,hee.

You funny, jj. Picked up that game in the last 3 minutes. Crazy, huh ?  You get your new cabinets installed today. Nice. You know we all need pictures.

Stay warm and safe, Holly.

"Hi" to everyone I missed.  The morning is almost over.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..686687688689690.. > >> Showing page 690 of 739
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5