Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..686687688689690.. > >> Showing page 689 of 775
Author
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2375
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 09:18:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
to the North one couple

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 09:20:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
fishing pier

Weekend at Bernie's
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13329
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 09:54:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
JJ, take Cindy's advice.  Avoiding selling now to avoid taxes for your mom MAY be wrong.  When it transfers to you kids, it COULD be worse.  I'm sure you are referring to capital gains.  Not sure but do find out.  I'm sure your mom does not want to leave a worse tax burden for you kids.  
This house I'm in now, for instance...  it was sold with a tax lien because her dad left her in  BAD CAPITAL GAIN deal over the same thing.  Farm land!  Every time she has to sell some farm land to pay taxes, it incurs more taxes.  She's still fighting it.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 10:26:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning. 19, cloudy with a light dusting of snow and temps dropping.  Probably tackle some cleaning today.

Crunchie, the movie was Molly's Game.  Interesting true story which neither Tim or I recalled ever hearing about on the "news". Tim is feeling pretty good, active as can be and will be flying out to CA to visit his brother Brian next week.  In addition to a couple of other holistic approaches he is trying, he is starting Elixinol™ Hemp CBD Oil capsules, 15mg of CBD that was shipped from CO. Your parents are so very fortunate to have you as their health advocate along with the rest of your siblings. Stay strong and don't forget to take care of yourself during this difficult time.  Hugs.

JJ, thanks for your update on new place and nice of your brother to help you. 

Cindy, my Mom always used barley in her beef-based soups.  Sounds yummy to me.

UHK, good for you on the ski race.  

Badger, never had a perch but then again it is a part of the walleye family.  Used to do a lot of ice fishing growing up.

Bernie, a beach stroll sounds lovely.  Enjoy your warmer weather just in time for guest arrival.

Time to get busy around here.  Later, MB 

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 11:23:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Drats, move was cancelled due to severe winter conditions! 😞

until move time
Save
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8270
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 11:51:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another gray day...but the temp is an unbelievable 64F degrees!
Not going to last long... but it sure feels good.

SJ was late for work today... had to hit the ground a running.
Think he is still tired out from the trip.  Plus yesterday when I went to pick up
his meds at the pharmacy...they tell me our insurance has been cancelled as of Dec. 31st.  WTH!
Had to call him at work to get that straighten out.  He did get it fixed.  But missing some meds this morning.
I will pick them up today.  Insurance co. gave no reason or apology for that snaffu.  

Last night must have been old home week.  Had phone calls from old friends
and co-workers.  Gosh!  It was so good to talk with them.  Then on FB... I had a
hidden chat box message from a very old friend.  A lady that was part of the group
we ran with during my 1st marriage.   Always loved her.  We had so much fun together.
When I walked out of the terrible marriage.  Guess I did what is called a FB block now days.
But believe me for my survival and sanity... it was necessary.  Only kept in contact with my family
and a few friends.  No one who had contact with the ex.   
Almost cried when we started chatting.  She cried when I told her that Wayne and I have a wonderful 
life together.  Said that she had hoped I was safe and happy.  I have missed her over the years. 
We plan to get together.  Her son lives in North Georgia just a few hours from me. 
It always sadden me that in order to stop the insanity... I was the one who had to leave town and start a new life.   
But I guess the good Lord had a different plan for me than I had imagined. 
Because I have been very blessed with the path he set me on.  Kind of felt like a drop kick at the time. 
But tis a wonderful life he gave me.  

SoSo,  Shoot!  Sorry about the delay in moving.  Loved the sign from your new neighbor.  

jj,  Hugs girl... it will all come together soon.  

Twirls,  keep working at it.  Your a smart cookie.  You will find the balance to manage the RA. Hugs

Bernie,  One of these days I am going to drag SJ over your way and take a walk on that beach with you.
Wish we could do a Breakfast Club weekend or something.  Would be such fun.

Badger,  What a great set up for ice fishing.  

Cindy,  Are you doing tax season with your son?  
Know what you mean about the joint pain before the storm.  My hip and knees are aching today.  

MB,  Glad you enjoyed the movie.  Nice to get out of the house.  

Well gotta get moving here... errands to run.
Later a call to see if I have jury duty next week.  
Everyone have a wonderful day!

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 28989
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 12:25:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks for all the support.  Dad refuses to sell the house and move to assisted living until he sees if mom recovers (hope springs eternal) so I am going to quit beating that one.  he even had my brother tell me.  Big chicken LOL.

Soso - NO!  Dang, that really sucks.  Is tomorrow possible?

Bernie - that is one lonely beach.

PJ - it was not fair, but it sure all worked out well in the end.

MB - so glad to hear about Tim.

JJ - argh.  Just argh about it all LOL.   Death to the skunks (apologies BB)!  I hope that basement is pretty nice and warm and comfortable.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/11 20:57:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
Crunch, probably good to give it a rest and let him ponder.

PJ, so lovely when that happens!  Lately it seems like I can't keep current with friends now.

The temperature was 65 here today but1 hour west it was 30°and headed here with freezing rain fast!  I managed to get to the grocery store again for a couple things so I can hunker down for about a week.  Temperatures aren't expected to get above freezing for a week.  I plan to make lasagne for the freezer, in several sizes, and I have a Chuck roast for Sunday.  Plus makings for chili, Kansas city steak soup and veggie soup .  It will be good to cook, putter around and work on more Christmas packing away.  
I'm slowly but surely moving some kitchen items to my new area.  It's become my "nest" area.  Naturally I got rid of all the mix and match dishes so I'm trying to decide if I want to invest in good unbreakable dinnerware or cheaper stuff that breaks but replaceable.  My hands are so bad,(dropping stuff)  and its right by the pool and likely more of a summer party area...

HEY GREEN BAY PACKERS, ...I OPENED MY 2nd jar of beets and its even better than the last one!  The cinnamon and spices are perfect!  Thanks again!

The cold weather has my mind thinking of escape....SOUTH... however I'm not likely to leave Bonnie anytime soon.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 9833
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 06:00:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Totally sympathize with you on the hands, Twirls. Yesterday was awful for me, this A.M. not a whole lot better. That was some fast moving front; saw on the news as we were at 52F, and a 15 minute drive west of us was 21F and dropping fast. My hands just don't want to work, have a hard time opening things and my dinner plates suddenly seem like they weigh a ton. Throw in the d*mn trigger finger, kind of a recipe for disaster.

Crunch,. Was so hoping you would be able to get your parents settled and safe. Your Dad sounds like a pistol. Keep up the pressure, though, especially about him driving. You don't want him hurting anyone.

PJ, no, not gonna work with son, but Chris might. He would want me to do evenings, and until I get the cataract issue out of the way, I don't feel comfortable driving at night. Oncoming headlights, particularly the newer LED brighter ones...holy cow, it's like a rainbow exploding in my field of vision. Sorta pretty, but VERY scary.

SoSo, Then again, you don't want your stuff broken and ruined if the truck were to slide off the road.

Wonder if we are doing Boat Drinx tonight? Can't remember if Badger said he was heading home or not.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8099
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 06:12:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Running late, headed home this morning, more later, yes to Boat Drinx.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 06:52:16 (permalink)
+2 (2)
You are a good mutt mom Twirley.  I think I want to join you in your nest. It sounds so nice.  I would gain 50 lbs LOL.

I think you are smart about the driving Cindy.  When will you have the cataract done?  Tomas has had trigger finger for about 6 months. He will see the hand doctor next Friday and probably get the injection. He is not looking forward to that fiery pain, but it did work for his hand issue so if that is the fix he will do it.

The moved mom to a bigger room and brought a cot in for dad if he chooses to stay.  She had a very bad afternoon/eve yesterday and was demanding to leave & telling dad he was abandoning her etc.  She is not in her right mind so rationalization does not work.  We will see how many distressed calls today.  Averaging about 6 - 8.  I hope she(and he)  aren't as upset today.

24 degrees today.  Have i mentioned (a billion times) how much i hate the cold.  Can't wait until I can retire and move to Florida.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 07:46:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.
  Today will be rainy and cloudy but warmer temps before the cool front starts to move in this weekend. Current temp 60F at 7:50 with a high of 70 degrees.

Yesterday I did a short walk on the beach. Had to wear a flannel shirt but coupled with the fog and wind, it really wasn't enough protection. Walked 15 minutes North and turned around. The pictures will show the nasty day and angry ocean.  It was so strange, as it was sunny before I left the house  and sunny again when I left the empty beach.

Only must do thing I have for today is pay my 2017 final 4th quarter estimated tax. Oh well, now you know how I earn all those mileage points on my AA card. hee,hee.

jj, I suggest you hire a tax attorney or CPA that is familiar with land sales.  If done now, you know what you will be up against. It's not a fun thing but I do believe it is necessary.

Bummer SoSo. I know you and Glen were excited to get into the new house. Don't worry. Be happy.

PJ, I would wait until Summer for you & SJ to make the trip. Then you guys can do beach walks AND boat rides.

MB, hope the Colorado 'oils' will help Tim. Hugs going out your way. Hey, you and Cindy both got your X-mas stuff put away. All I did was unplug the lights. Putting it off for no good reason.

Try to be strong, Crunch. I'll say a little prayer that things get better for your Mom & Dad. And you.

Coffee pot is empty.
Catch y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 07:49:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
yuk

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 07:50:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Arrg, the seas be angry

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 08:42:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, I don't have the consultation with the ophthalmologist until the end of this month, have no idea how far out he's booked for procedures. Would kinda like to wait until after our March trip to Mexico, think it would be a little weird having to use one contact while the other eye is fixed. Would rather have him do one right after the other so I can skip the one contact period, but then, I don't know if the left eye is "ready" for fixing. As for the trigger finger, when I had the painful shot, that Dr. told me if it came back it would mean surgery. So I haven't even contacted him yet...want to wait to see how the eye stuff goes. LOL, I've sorta had my fill of doctoring the last couple of months. Also, want to see if the trigger finger gets better in warmer weather. If I can put that off until next fall I won't be having to take downtime from gardening.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1846
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 08:53:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning. -9, sunny and feels like -25 with wind chill factor.  Shoveled about 3" late yesterday but with the heavy winds it needs to be shoveled again and the plow came through early this morning.  I managed to get about a third of it done this morning and then my glasses frosted up, but still managed to get the garbage and recycle bins out.  Warming up and will hit it again in a bit after a few more cups of coffee.

Crunchie, hope today brings some relief for all of you.  Must be very difficult to get these distress calls while trying to focus on work.  

Bernie, cool pics of your beach walk.  

Cindy, was your soup a hit with Chris?  Hear ya on the night time driving, which I rarely do.  When are you planning to take care of the cataract issue?

Badger, safe travels home.  Have a fun boat drinx.

PJ, nice story about your past life girlfriend.  Life sure does throw a lot of curve balls at us.  

Twirls, you sure do a lot of cooking.  Hope you put on a few more pounds.

SoSo, update needed on the move when able.

Hi to everyone else.  Time for another round of shoveling.  Be well and make it a great day.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 09:57:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I woke before dawn and again at dawn.  I thought about getting up but didn't.  I should have because I slept too long.  I'm sleeping more comfortably if I take an 800 mg IBUPROFEN just before bed. 

My bedroom and bathroom are DONE except for doors and trim paint.  Even the towel bars are up!   The carpenter comes tomorrow and Sunday for doors and trim.    GETTING CLOSE!  Still have another room to paint...my old sitting room in the old part.  Lots of minor stuff too like cabinet painting for the laundry room.  The cabinets were free, just need paint.  Paint the fireplace. I may tile it later.  And backsplash for the kitchen and 2 bathrooms.
Reminds me, I have calls to make.
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 10:24:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning!

Pouring rain today with temperatures up to 60.  Then tomorrow we start the nose dive back to winter.  Yuck! Going to have to start a countdown to Mexico.  My trainer is taking a horse to Florida next week and has asked me to go along to help with the driving. Still haven't decided if I will or not. Warmer weather would be nice.

SoSo Sorry that the move was delayed.  Hope that Mother Nature decides to co-operate and you get it re-scheduled quickly. 

UHK Congrats on finishing the race! Getting down the hill in one piece is a win in my book!

PJ  How wonderful to re-connect with an old friend!  Being a (very old) Girl Scout it reminds me of the campfire song....Make new friends, but keep the old - One is silver, the other gold!

Bernie that does not look like a happy ocean.  I think I would keep my distance from that surf!  To answer your earlier question, I do all the barn work. If we are traveling, then the daughter  child gets that job.

Have a great day all!

Keav & Pam

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 12:47:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I love all ocean pictures Bernie.

Temp has gone up to a whopping 34.

MB - what the heck do you wear to stay warm when shoveling snow  (or anything else) in -9 temps?  And why do you not have a snow blower tractor thingie when you live in Minnesnowta?
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5434
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 12:51:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Morning BCrs

SNF eyes are on the forecast, one more storm of freezing rain and snow coming again tonight. Silver lining is Sunday, our new move date forecast is sunny.

BeBe nice of you to help out your neighbour, nothing better thank a good wet laugh 😂 . Looks like there is a lot of land avail in your neighbourhood for builds.

Glad Mr JJ still has his funny sense of humour, mouse sander LOL. Going to look great once the granite gets in, excellent.

PJ you forget how heavy babies can be after awhile, glad you got some cuddles in. Must of missed something, SJ is back working, non retired? BTW You are one strong beautiful lady, so glad you connected with your old friend once again. FB is amazing for just that. We have a huge horse crowd from my home town which stabled our horses together for years which are all connected now thru FB. Read the FB format will be changing soon, no more ads etc.

Prayers for your Mom Crunch and hugs for you, hoping a good sleep will make today more manageable.

C&C love barley, especially in Scotch broth. Smart move on waiting til after your trip, get yourself a pair of sunglasses which filters both UV and blue.

MB Glad to hear about Tim feeling better, sounds like a good movie. Thanks for all your kind messages, appreciated.

Badger nice catching, your freezer is going to be full eh? Happy boat drinks!

Building fire alarm went off at 8 AM this morning, thanks to hired alarm testers which the building did not convey to tenants. DH went down and saw the building mgr chewing them out big time. Can wait til Sunday.

Twirls good to stay with your pup rather than travel, go crawl into your hot tub and pretend.

Jamie how does the toast taste :)

Make it a good day!

until move time
Save
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6216
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 13:12:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SoSo--I'm not on Facebook.  Any way to get a link to pics of your new castle?  Would love to see them.  Thanks!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/12 22:01:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

If Crunch is cold, it must be cold everywhere.

I had a fairly productive day, but as Soso suggested, I'm about to crawl into the hot tub or bed.  I haven't decided.
I made a pot of chili and froze in small containers, and I made a big pan of lasagne for tomorrow.  I invited a few people.  I have the makings for more but will do some smaller for the freezer in a couple of days.  I have a Chuck roast for Sunday and making steak soup on Monday.  I need to stay busy and entertained until next Wednesday or Thursday, as it will be VERY COLD until then.  Hopefully I'll get through the Christmas stuff to sort, discard and repack.  Most is at least removed to an unused bedroom.  The main living room stuff remains, unfortunately.  However it all white and silver and wintery looking.  Not necessarily Christmas but definitely needs to go away.  I just hate how bare the house looks after...  it's just bleak, like January!  The bareness of the house minus the Christmas decor, seems to accentuate that it's winter and dreary!
I've just about got both kitchens clean again so I'm going to watch the local news and chill.
Good night and enjoy your Saturday.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 06:09:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
A whopping 1 degree above zero. Looking forward to the next warm up, but our forecast says it is bringing several days of snow.

Had a great time talking with B&B last night!

I know what you mean about the bareness after the Christmas décor goes away, Holly. I try to replace some of it with things that make me smile. In the kitchen, above the sink where I have those old-style little shelves flanking the window, I put out an assortment of white birds that have accumulated over the years. Some porcelain, some resin...one I think is plaster. Still kind of wintery looking, but they make me smile.

Speaking of Christmas, today all the storage tubs will go back into the attic. 

Soso, wishing you excellent weather tomorrow with no further delays!
Crunch, keeping your family in my prayers.
Everyone have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8099
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 06:43:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Colorado "Oilers" it's Saturday.

I wanna eat at Twirley's house, a big bowl of chili sounds good.

PJ, what a wonderful story about reconnecting with your old friend!

SNF, shoveling horse poop or going to Florida....hmmm, let me think about that.

Bernie, nice pix.

SoSo, hope the move goes well.

Crunch, here is a link you might find helpful about older people and driving....

https://www.aarp.org/auto/driver-safety/we-need-to-talk/

OH, and JJ was right about peeing on the ice.

Frank, how are you doing?

Lotsa laughs during Boat Drinx.

-17F here right now, a few inside chores, then i have to snow blow the driveway and then hope to watch some football.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2018/01/13 07:22:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

The sun is out this morning after all that rain that came up the coast yesterday. At first it was just a steady drizzle but the afternoon and last night it was quite heavy. I decided to hunker down as there was no real need for me to go outside. The current temp is 53 degrees at 7:45; that will also be the high of the day.

Debby is trying to get on the road by 9AM; said she would call when they get going. That gives me a 5-6 hour window for their arrival, depending upon the number of potty stops. hee,hee. 

Today I am going to use my 10' step ladder to see what is in the garage attic. I have never opened the "trap door" to see if it is suitable for storage; hoping I can place Mr Snowman and his deer buddy up there along with the outside Christmas lights. In the past I have used my garage shelving to store the holiday decoration but I think I will soon need some extra "Debby storage".

Hope all my BC friends up North can stay safe and warm. 

I need to moving here pretty soon, so may try to post a little later this afternoon.
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Page: << < ..686687688689690.. > >> Showing page 689 of 775
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5