Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 669 of 673
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 07:03:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sounds fabulous and loved seeing your trip report for a Monday morning treat Badger.

MB - it is a screening blood test to see if people with memory issues can be quickly and easily told either no worries or need further evaluation.  I am excited about it, but i cannot say much.  Hard for me ha ha!

Twirls - hope you feel better.

That is funny on the airport code.  When do you go Deb?  I have to say HMB is still wonderful.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1592
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 09:14:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Working on laundry and waiting on invisible fence tech to show up. Break in the line somewhere, probably near the culvert where it goes under the driveway. Have to do a big fall clean up to clear grass out of the culvert egresses or spring snowmelt will end up going OVER the driveway leaving huge gullies to bounce over when in the car. Not good for the car or my back. Chris must have clipped the line with the weed whacker. Don't really need it for Mollie anymore, but Mom has a trip to Scotland booked next year and need the fence for her mutt Emma.

Nearly done with Christmas decorating. Chris makes fun of the snowmen, but they make me smile. Oldest son's comment: " it is creepy coming in the back door and having their cold dead eyes follow me."  But I think Chris secretly likes them, he took and posted the picture on his own.

Back to the laundry, have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 10:28:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Weather is still beautiful here.  Appreciating every day before real winter weather arrives.
As usual on a Monday...doing laundry.   Also wrapping presents.  The shipments have been rolling in
from my online shopping spree.  Need to go to the grocery store at some point today.  Pick up meds for 
the dog at the vets office.      
Uphill,  Fun holiday event.  For a great cause.  Wonderful pictures of all you Santas. 
I can just see all the children being delighted by the mass of Santas coming down the slope.   
Cindy,  Your house and decorations look wonderful!  Love the winter mafia collection.  Cute!
MB,  Glad you had a nice time with your SIL.   Those glasses are the bomb....sure to be a big hit in the secret santa exchange.
Which reminds me I need a gift for dirty santa game at SJ's company party.  
Barata,  Sure hope Juan is doing better.  IV experience sounded beyond cruel.  Hugs
Twirls,  Feel better and take it easy.
Badger and Babs,  My toes in these socks n shoes are jealous of you both.  LOL 
Glad Babs is feeling better and able to enjoy her time in paradise.  Hugs 
Have a great day all....  

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 515
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 10:49:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning.  It's a balmy 54 degrees so I decided to run a few errands earlier.  A load or two of laundry today and  may tackle some Christmas cards this afternoon.  Got more bird seed out and was banging away at the snow plow poles, with a block of wood and hammer, trying to get them deeper into the ground.  It worked. 

PJ, I'm loving my weather too.  Good luck on gift for dirty Santa game. 

Twirls, your decorating sounds lovely.

Cindy, funny comment from your son on the Santa kiddos.  Do you add a new one each year?

Crunchie, thanks for the lowdown on the research project.  Sounds exciting.  

Time to get moving around here.  Here's a photo of the tree that Phil and Holly set up.  Just needs to be decked out.

Make it a great day.  MB

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 12:29:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Going to be getting real around here.  Last 76 degree day for the winter.  Big arse cold front coming in tonight.  The whining shall officially begin tomorrow.  I apologize now for the rest of the winter of me biatching about cold.

Hope Bernie is having a good trip.

Tree looks good MB and Cindy you have done a ton of work. Nice job.

We do not do a tree or lights or decorating when we travel for Christmas which is every year now that so many of our relatives are unable to travel here any longer.

post edited by crunch - 2017/12/04 12:30:27

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4982
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 18:01:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
BONNIE UPDATE...SHE SEEMS VERY MUCH IMPROVED!  Her lung xrays today showed great improvement in the one lung that was very bad and normal in the other.  No particular reason... She previously had an elevated white count and she had a antibiotic while in the hospital.  None since but her white count is normal.  Still not a clear picture of her heart because she wiggled on the xray table but all else looks good so next check up in 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, my niece and helper came.  She got the last of the new addition Windows and screens cleaned before the cold air arrives. 

Cammie showed up early with an harmful of fresh flowers, all white with fresh Christmas greens, for my Christmas decor.  I told her to just keep the house full of fresh flowers during the holidays.  She got 4 arrangements made in a heartbeat.  My poor hands would barely work.   I love fresh flowers and its my present to myself.  I'll try to get some pics posted later on FB.

I managed to get to the paint store and nought the paint for the last of the job.

All considered, like I hurt bad with the approaching weather front, it was a pretty good day.

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1283
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 19:56:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

We do not do a tree 

Because my wife has 2 dumb cats and has not trained them.  Our dog is fine with a tree
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2017/12/04 20:44:32
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2495
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 06:17:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Dumb Cats, hoy es Martes.

I'm so glad to hear about Bonnie and thanks again for the PM!

PJ, I just checked the weather back home and tonight they are expecting 2-4 inches of snow with winds up to 40 mph.

I had a little drama yesterday, took some pesos out of an ATM and my balance was less than I expected, thought I might have been scammed so I called my bank using Skype. Turns out that the credit card payment for our flights down and our condo here had just cleared, resulting in a drop in the account balance. 

Babs talked me into going to Crococun Zoo yesterday, I'm not a big fan of zoos in general, but at least some of the critters there are rescues, so....

No big plans for today, but I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Weather is great, but quite windy last night.

Heading over to update my Trip Report.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 06:47:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So enjoying your reports Paul.  We did Crococun again last year and really enjoyed it.

Wonderful Bonnie news Twirley.  How old is she?  The flowers sound beautiful.

Frank - LOL.  Training cats.............

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 52 now, but cold and windy and the temp will be dropping into the 40's.  Guess I better get used to it.  Sandals yesterday and shoes and socks today and probably the rest of winter.

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 07:31:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Down to one room to clean and decorate, then just regular cleaning.
MB, you asked if I added a new snowman each year. NO!! Just for fun, I counted all the snowmen I have NOT including the ones in the photo Chris posted. I came up with 42. That's a big enough mafia familia! One of those things where people found out I liked snowmen and I started getting them as gifts. No mas, por favor!

Tonight we are going to the symphony, compliments of my friend Marilyn. (the one I drive to the airport frequently). Milwaukee Symphony will be playing Christmas music in the local high school's auditorium. (a REALLY nice auditorium, I should add) It is a fund raising event for scholarships for the Arts. Looking forward to it, may have to take a nap sometime today, since I was awake at 3:15am. 

So, off to tackle the last room to decorate!
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 08:23:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

Frank - LOL.  Training cats.............

Crunch--I bet BeachBilly has a few or atleast one of hers trained!  Just takes determination.  I'll leave doors open but the damn things just won't leave.  It's just not like Christmas without a tree
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 08:26:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
C&C--Enjoy the symphony! I'd get the nap in. (I get one in anytime I can).  You know the old saying:

Why stand when you can sit
Why sit when you can lay down
Time spent awake is time wasted!
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 09:02:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Gray and wet here.  Storm rolled through during the night.
So tired from shopping yesterday.  Slept hard.  Didn't even hear the storm.
SJ woke me up to help him find the cat.  She had to go to vet today for yearly checkup and shots.
Found her under the bed.  Poked her out of there.  She leaped into SJ's arms and he stuck her in the crate.
Bye kitty!  NOooooooooo! Were the last words from the cat. 
So far the cat has not bothered the Christmas tree.  Though yesterday she discovered the wooden box shaped stand SJ
built to raise the tree up off the floor is hollow and accessible under the tree skirt.  Hid from the dog inside there for a while.
I couldn't figure out why the dog was stamping her feet and grrrrring at the tree.  Until SC found the cat inside tree stand. LOL
C&C,  Enjoy your evening.   
Everyone have a wonderful day!

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4982
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 09:33:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Cats are so smart that THEY TRAIN US and we don't even realize it!  I was threatening Chili with being homeless at 5 am this morning.  It does no good.

Badger, if you forgot the keys, I'm sorry.  If they are there , I'm REALLY SORRY!  LOL.  

Cold here too and looking like it will be here awhile.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 11:22:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning and brrrrr.  17 now and very windy.  Got a couple inches of the white stuff last evening.  The news just reported 410 crashes; 515 spin outs, 36 people hurt and sadly one death throughout MN. Have been lazy all morning sipping coffee.  Hope to get those Christmas cards done this afternoon.  A good day for an indoor activity.

Cindy, enjoy the symphony this evening.  Sounds lovely.  That's a lot of snowmen you've accumulated.  I can't imagine how many storage bins you have of holiday decor.  Look forward to more pics.

Badger, thanks for the TR and pics thus far. I must have spaced it out but remembered this morning to check that thread. Glad ATM credit card issue had a happy ending. 

PJ, funny story of the kitty hiding out in the tree stand with little doggie on patrol.  They do make us chuckle.

Hi Frank.  Hope you are doing okay these days.  How are things with Annie?

Twirls, those flowers sound beautiful.

Crunchie, I hear you on the Christmas tree.  The last time Phil and Holly set one up was 2012, until this year.  

Time to get something done.  Make it a great day. MB

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 12:30:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I thought people in Minnesota knew how to handle that kind of weather MB.  Yikes!

I have an evil desire (it will pass) to buy up all the snowmen I can find and send them to Cindy

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/05 13:14:32 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunchie, the problem was it was raining prior to the arctic blast and snowfall.  I just spent the last hour trying to clear off the driveway.  Not much snow but more like ice chipping the darn thing.  Was quite the workout.  Gave up when I got to the last foot nearest the road where the plow mess ended up.  A total frozen mess.  Just glad I didn't fall down.

Your comment about the snowmen cracked me up.  Good one. MB  
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2017/12/05 16:19:16

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 06:35:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Crunch, if you were referring to the number of accidents, I can attest that it happens in Wisconsin as well. It is almost as if people forget winter driving skills. The first few snows always result in many accidents. And to tell you the truth, and I've seen it many times, the majority of vehicles in the ditch seem to be SUVs. Like they're thinking "4-wheel drive? I can do this!" and they speed up and spin out. More often than not taking someone along with them. But after a while, they work out the dumbness and get used to winter driving again.

The concert was wonderful. Tchaikovsky, Strauss, and my fav, Grieg. 3 movements from Peer Gynt including "In the Hall of the Mountain King". Love to put that on when I'm doing a lot of cleaning. I find it motivating. In the middle there was a sing along with assorted Christmas carols. Ended up with more Tchaikovsky, with pieces from the Nutcracker.
Before the concert, we went to the Mex restaurant; found out they do $1 taco-Tuesday AND the drink special is a $5 GINORMOUS sangria. Walked out full and happy for $20 including tip. We WILL do that again.

Today is a much needed chiro visit, then home to clean the hardwood floors in the kitchen-family room area. Quite a few Mollie-drool spots. Yuck.

The artic blast is here, too, but at least the wind isn't as ferocious as it was yesterday. I had to lean in to the front storm door to open it enough to let Mollie in. At least no snow. Yet.

PJ, love the cat story!
Crunch, re: the snowmen: Nooooooo, Mr. Bill, Nooooooooooo!

Have a great day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2495
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 06:38:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Cat Pokers, hoy es Miercoles.

Crunch, I'll gladly chip in to buy more snowmen for Cindy!

MB, I have seen it all of my life, so it no longer surprises me that people forget how to drive on snow and ice from one year to the next, add in cellphone use and it's amazing more aren't killed.

Frank, wise words.

Another relaxing day yesterday, and no big plans for today, other than I have a trip to see my dentist this afternoon.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 06:57:35 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Ick.  Buena sureta con la dentista Pablo.

Cindy and MB - hope it warms up for you enough to melt any ice.  Around here and in Washington and Oregon it happens so infrequently nobody EVER learns to drive in it well and so it is always an event if any snow or ice.

What a deal at that Mexican restaurant.  When work calms down I want to go YouTubing and see if I can find that music you like so much Cindy.  Always interested in hearing new stuff.  I know it is old classical, but it would be new to me

MB - be careful!

PJ - remember to relax a little - you are supposed to be retired!  Glad SC is doing so well.

Frank - have you started yet? Wondering what it is like.................

If you haven'd had a change check out Badger's "not really a trip report"  the sausage presentation will get you laughing.

PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 08:48:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!  
It is nippy outside.  Durrrrr!

C&C,  Glad you enjoyed the symphony and mexican food.  Very nice evening!  
Worked for a PBS television station in Toledo, Ohio for a number of years.
That is where I learned to love the same type of music as you enjoy. 

SJ and I are headed for the Jennifer Nettles Christmas performance with the Nashville Symphony tonight.
(Christmas present to myself.)  Managed to snag two tickets for the Eagles concert in New Orleans yesterday. 
(SJ's Christmas present to himself.)  June vacation plans now in motion.   Looking forward to visiting NOLA
and the gulf coast of MS and LA.   

The cat did not feel well at all after yearly shots.  Laid on the couch near wood stove all afternoon 
and evening.  Still there this morning when we got up.   Must be feeling better this morning though. 
Went outside...hasn't come back yet. 

Had to make another stop at Wally Worlds yesterday... jeeezzz did not want to go back in there.
After the massive shopping trip the day before.  But when wheeling and dealing for concert tickets.   
Reached over to start printer for the receipt.  No paper... looked down at shelf for extra supply.  None!
Then I remembered SC asked me if she could have my pack of printer paper. 

Crunch,  been thankful to be feeling strong and healthy again after such a long spell of being sick.
But I do take a nap almost every day.   As the evening hours are usually my most busy time. 

Saw on FB that jj took a fall in the new garage and hurt her back.
Poor lady...  got a lot on her plate with renos to new house and holidays to be gimping around in pain.
Hope she is going to be alright.   

MB,  Those are the types of snow events we usually get here in TN.  Ice first then snow. 
You are a brave lady to go out and clean off the drive in such slippery conditions.  

Badger,  Think we are talking just a dusting of snow here.  
Bet with the all the warm temps and sun in Mexico.... your body is going to be crying like the cat
when you hit those frozen temps back home.  NOOOOOOO!     LOL

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 12:24:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Poor JJ!

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 12:36:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Back from Chiro and some errands. Geez, after all the 50s and 60s, 24F with 15-25mph winds feels like the freaking artic circle. Will get used to it eventually. Possible dusting of snow tonight, maybe more on Friday.

Crunch, I think you would recognize much of Greig. Some of his music was used in Disney's Fantasia, ("Morning Mood")  and I know The Hall of the Mountain King has been used in cartoons. Paul played me a version of it done by TSO, I think. I'm sure you'll find it familiar. Strauss is mostly waltzes. Tchaikovsy...well, you have to had heard most of the Nutcracker Suite at some point. Not much of a fan of Wagner, but another favorite of mine is Seibelius, particularly "Finlandia". Gives me goose bumps. But I'm pretty eclectic. I also like rock, some country, and I'll sing along with Meghan Trainor any old day.

PJ, I too hope JJ is OK and didn't do any lasting damage! Yikes! Enjoy the concert tonight!
Put off the mopping long enough, time to get to it.
Cindy
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2017/12/06 12:40:20

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 17:00:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
halls are pretty much decked

More, but not all, of the mafia

Friend of Badger's, keeping DeeDee's chair warm

post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2017/12/06 17:05:53

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/06 17:14:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  16 now and light snow showers with a low of 9. Just bumped the thermostat up a degree.  Did the shuffle to the mail box today.  Yikes, still shear ice. Christmas cards are in the mail.    

PJ, hope you and SJ have a wonderful evening.  Nice gift to yourself.  Hope JJ is okay; thanks for sharing.  Glad your kitty is feeling better.

Cindy, you are like the energizer bunny these days.  I googled some of the composer's music you noted.  I wasn't familiar with Greig, at least I didn't think so, but then recognized some of his overtures.  Lovely, and the Mexican restaurant sounded great.  Next time you visit take a pic or two for us.  Edit:  you snuck in on me....thanks for the festive pics.  

Crunchie, hope Tomas' brother is still improving.  Just curious where did you guys lived prior to your Texas move?

Bob, you've got to be hitting those slopes lately.  Fun, fun.

Hi Bernie.

Badger, hope the dental appointment went well.  

Some more good news for brother Phil and wife.  They closed on their property/home in Dickinson yesterday. They can move forward with the rest of the FEMA paperwork now that the mortgage on that house has been paid off and finally get the financial assistance that they've been waiting for.  More blessings.

Time to feed the princess and then get my dinner going.  Be well all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2017/12/06 17:20:45

Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 669 of 673
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5