Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 668 of 673
Author
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1592
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 07:45:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paul, (or should I call you McGyver?)  we should be home by 1:30-2pm, so 3 will work. Buen dia.
Cindy

Oh! and BTW, GO BADGERS! Will be watching that game tonight!
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2017/12/02 07:48:09

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4982
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 07:50:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I woke up wanting pancakes and bacon!  Going to start some soon.  Carpenter should be here about 8.  

Badger, I looked at flights , although I really don't plan to leave Bonnie right now.  Flights in the next week were very high.  And I can't leave her more than 1 night, right now.  Sorry.  
Monday I'm taking her for more tests.

I kinda wanted to go to Eureka as the Christmas Parade of Homes (inside tours) Is only today.  I probably won't since the carpenter is coming.  I looked at last year's pictures and I wasn't overly impressed.  Outdoor displays can be enjoyed anytime and they are lovely.  I should stay here and decorate my home!  I have all the Christmas stuff piled in the small bedroom.

It's doggie and cat door man time.  I spend time every year trying to make them understand that I'm NOT OPENING THE DOOR EVERY 5 MINUTES!  Then I open the door again.

Cammie called last night just as I crawled into bed.  She spotted chess January flights south so I had to look.  I might push the button but the weather is so iffy for travel and in Mexico.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Bernie, we'll talk when you're in Charlotte.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2495
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 08:24:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
OK, 3 pm it is.

Twirls, sorry you can't make it, but I understand, please give Ms. Bonnie a belly scratch for me.

Wag more....bark less.
Soleil Soul
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2245
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 09:18:00 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning BCrs and CLURKS

Had to chuckle over Airport Acronyms Crunchie, Badge knows his stuff. 

Badge don't forget to boat drink with the 'Queen of Boot' during your vacation.  Relax on your picks, not necessary while on your hard earned vacay. 

This world is crazy, everyone is linked including your self serving president - Get his DNA checked... be very afraid.

Have been a client for years with a lady here and she knew we were moving soon. Ironically her best friend of over 25 yrs is building 2 doors from us... small world.

When is your next Roatan trip Chris? 

BB to the dump?  OK the song goes, to the dump to the dump to the dump, dump, dump. 

BeBE when are you going back to see your family today?  Hang in there with the ear fight Mr Tyson.  I don't see six's they are all nines on that page.

HollyBudd does not have widowers depression right gurl?   And definitely NO to any investments in the Roo for us. Go an enjoy your time, do what ever makes YOU happy.  May Eureka be where you can enjoy and relax. 

Hey Nipper, how is DRon doing?  You do Coz this fall?

JJ more details on the new digs por favor

Off to the vet again yesterday, got out with only a 200 bill - drugs to keep Hollydog going for awhile. 

Frank look on the bright side, you will be the same person.

Roll up those pant legs Jamie, no tripping. 

PJ would love to see your deck twinkle lights, so reminds me of our last home. Relax special one.

MB glad all boxes where checked, way to efficient darling!  Patience

Russ and Pat, may your life path be smoothed for awhile.

There is a travel carrot on the end of our move as normally we are in our Mx by now.  Building character waiting for a spring trip and totally enjoying what our new life changes will be, scared and excited feeling.  DH had two job offers this week, beginning to look alot like non retirement, 'SoSo' says catch me if you can in Mexico, life has priorities. 

Make it a great weekend, you're at the helm.

until move time
Save
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 09:58:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Blue sky again.  Temps are still warm in afternoons.
There is talk of falling temps and maybe some snow on Wednesday.  
Spent last night looking for reasonably priced tickets for the Eagles concert tour.  
SJ wants to see them.  Well Nashville is outta of the question.  He waited so late to tell me. 
He tried but never used ticket master before.  Was behind before he even got started.  LOL
You gotta be logged in and ready to deal when opening bell rings at 10 a.m.   
Looks like New Orleans in June is our best bet.  (no Buffet at that concert :( )
Never been to NOLA.  It was on our vacation agenda for 2018 anyway.      
So Dec 5th I will be sitting here at 10 a.m. ready to deal on the pre-sale.
Christmas tree is 90% decorated.  Still need a string of lights at top.  But the step stool
didn't get me high enough to put them on the tree.  Need the ladder.  Put that on SJ's To Do List
for today.  Still have some icicles coming in a shipment.  Then buy scented pine cones to finish the job.   
Cat came in last night and got on cat tree that is sitting next to Christmas tree.  Looked at the tree as if to say...
Well that is different...went to bed.   Taking that lack of interest as a good thing.    

Uphill,  Nice thing to do with the pumpkins.  Possums like them as well.
Saw a cute picture from the elephant sanctuary near me.  Even the elephants like pumpkins.
Which are donated by the local community in Hohenwald, TN.

This is Shirley a long time resident. 

MB, Hope your brother uses the movers.  He has just pushed his body a bit far since the flood.
Let alone all the stress that went with it.  Needs to rest that back.  Bet if he got a good massage...
his body would absolutely sprung from the release of tension he has been holding in. 

C & C,  Enjoy the babysitting.  Nice for your son and DIL to have some fun with friends. 

Hi SoSo,  Life sure has gotten exciting for you and Sun.   If SunDog is like my husband.
It makes him feel good to know that his work experience and  skills are valuable.  Companies still want to hire him.
I will be lucky to hold SJ down for the next year...before he picks up another job on a video crew of some sport.
He does enjoy directing shows...working on a crew...much more than the office job.       

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 17:09:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
You are a super sister MB. Hope your brother takes your advice.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 17:15:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)

A nice evening so I went out and took some pictures.

Little tree in the dining room.

Same, from inside.
Big tree pictures didn't turn out, will try another day.
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2017/12/02 17:24:50

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 17:36:16 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ, Is that elephant slobber I see or did they put whipped cream on the pumpkins as a special treat?
Gave me a big smile!
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 515
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 18:30:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Had wonderful day. Think it hit 50 and 41 now.  Been inside all day on a mission to get this house dusted......I know, I know what an exciting life I live but I got behind with that cold/flu thing and needed to catch up.

Brother Phil took me up on my offer. His wife will be out tomorrow to pick up the Christmas tree and we can catch up after church tomorrow.  

Bernie, long day for you today.  Bet you sleep well tonight.  Hugs and have a great family get together.

Cindy, your place looks so pretty. I'm thinking you had a fun boat drinx.

SoSo, small world for sure.  I am so excited for the both of you.

Twirls, glad things are still progressing. I want to see finished outcome.  Time to be done with all of this.  1 year?

Badger, looks like the winds are very settled right now, based on the Akumal webcam.  Enjoy your time with your beautiful Babs.

UHK, I didn't realize that deer liked pumpkin.  They will be loving in a week and we will need pics.  

PJ, great pic of the elephant and pumpkin gobbling thingy.  Not sure what to think about that.  Enjoyment?

Time to have a bite to eat.  Happiness, MB

PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 19:33:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The article said that the elephant sanctuary staff stuff the pumpkins with veggies and other nutrients.
I'm going with that white stuff being other nutients.  LOL

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 20:23:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all

Cindy, your place is lovely!  Very Christmas warming.

Badge, I looked again, dreamed and drooled a bit then settled...

Soso, I understand about missing a trip due to circumstances.

Cammie came to help decorate for Christmas.  She was injured right off the bat!  Our wood burning fireplace mantle is just sitting in place.  I didn't know until I had a unfortunate mishap.  She knows about it but forgot!  (Yes, I'm going to have it secured)  Anyway, her back is not good and I'll send here to the chio on Monday.  

My kindle is dying.
Goodnight

barata
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1912
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/02 21:28:48 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Life in a small town hospital. Nurse tries 2x to start an IV. 2nd nurse tries once. On call doc says these nurses are way more familiar with starting IV's, I won't try, I'll drive home to get my hubby (also a dr and trained anaesthetic) An hour later he gets the IV started in seconds. Also calling the cardiac surgeon for further instructions. Feeling safer.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 04:46:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
No W for the big red W. 

Geez, Renee! As someone whose veins never cooperate with those trying to stick them, I truly sympathize with John. I can just imagine all the bruises he is sporting now. Let us know what the cardiac surgeon says. Praying for John.

Holly. Uh, yeah! Get that mantle secured ASAP. Yikes.

PJ, "other nutrients" works for me.

We had a good chat with ByB. They are in a nice little condo (at a great price!) and enjoying themselves. And we had a great connection; new router must have improved things dramatically at our end.
Deedee slept most of the time we were babysitting, but that's OK. Seth has been feeling ignored and it gave me a chance to play some games with him. Chris not much of a babysitter...he slept in the recliner for most of the time. When the baby did wake up, I dealt with an extremely "fragrant" loaded diaper, then tried to feed her some lunch. She wasn't particularly happy with Grandma's technique, and had just begun to get fussy when her parents came home. They enjoyed themselves.

Time to go get ready for church, have a wonderful day, all.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2951
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 05:39:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Smashing Pumpkins!!! Not the musical group! LOL!!! I saw some fed to the cows once, they were all over them.  Actually, I went ahead and smashed them last night. They were getting real soft on my front porch, leaking pumpkin juice all over the steps. Regular hunting is all done, it's only Black powder these days and I do have my land posted, so.... I smashed the pumpkins. It's not unusual for us to have a squirrel sitting atop a pumpkin eating the seeds. But the deer seem to like this. I tend to throw a bunch of my excess garden crop out there. As far as I know, the bear who took down my bird feeder a few years ago has not been back. (I do have a camera set up there recording, it's kinda fun to watch. 

Today is Santa Sunday, mountain opens an hour earlier on weekends, so I gotta get moving. Fun times ahead. My old boss got signed up as well!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 05:56:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Buenas Dias Elephant Slobbers, hoy es Domingo.

SoSo, LOVE your comment!

Jeez, poor John, hasn't he been thru enough?

Twirls, Yikes!

PJ, cool pic.

Bernie, check in when you can.

MB, my favorite webcam is one here in PM at Casa Toucan, we are actually meeting the owner tonight for dinner. Right now only the feed on the left is working, you sometimes have to wait while it loads or hit refresh, but it is a true streaming picture. I like to look at it while we are here, it is almost like being here & I can hear & smell the ocean!
BTW, it was dead calm in Akumal for the 4 days we were there, but there has been some wind every day here.

http://www.casatoucan.com/webcam.html

Boat Drinx was great, would've been better in person, kinda strange seeing people wearing long sleeves.

FYI: I have started a version of a trip report on that forum.
post edited by Badger - 2017/12/03 05:58:24

Wag more....bark less.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 11:47:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie arrived safely.  He called this morning.

Nothing new here.
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 15:52:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Santa Sunday Was fun today! Skied for almost 5 hours. My buddy, who also signed up, did 5 hours on his first day out! My man!!! Anyways, here are some pictures of the event:

But first, we needed one of these! We've learned from way back not to tackle a whole one alone, we get one and cut it in half to share!

There's Eddy the Yeti addressing the crowd, Sunday River's Mascot!

I like his ski poles!

Unloading at the top!

Here come some more!

Here we are , Dan on the left, yours truly on the right!

I'm in there somewhere, up at the top, letting the crowd disperse. Us old timers weren't anxious to be in the jail break at the beginning. 

A great day, with great weather, fun for all!

Lovin life,
Bob

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 16:40:52 (permalink)
Okay, I found a published picture of me and my buddy. We are on the rear chair, the two on the right. I'm on the right with my head below the snowboard. 

Check out the ski poles!

Lovin life,
Bob

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14447
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 16:46:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger - I cannot find your stuff on that link. Help!

Barbara - I am praying for John.  Hope things improve quickly.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 16:58:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
the winter mafia has taken over the bench on the back porch

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 17:44:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  Early church and SIL Holly stopped out mid-day.  We hit the dollar store and Kohl's and we ticked things off her list of miscellaneous items she needs for Christmas entertaining and new home.  Was a beautiful weather day and no crowds to fight off.  Stopped for a quick bite and then loaded up the two plastic bins of the three piece pre-lit tree I gave her.   She is actually going to set it up this evening when Phil gets home from work.  Glad I could put a smile on her face.  Sent her off about 4 as it gets dark so early and there are so many deer in her neck of the woods.  46 now and rain and heavy winds on the way starting late this evening transitioning to snow through Monday night.  

Barata, so sorry John has to go through all this.  Hope he's on the mend soon.  Take care, I'm sure you both are exhausted.

Cindy, the winter kids look cute on the bench. Are they contemplating something naughty?

UHK, fun pics of Santa Sunday.  Just curious if you purchase the Santa suits for the event?  Thanks for sharing a fun day on the slopes.

Twirls, thanks for update on Bernie.  Too bad about Cammie's accident.  Hope she feels better and you enjoy decorating your home.  

Badger, thanks for the link to the live stream in PoMo.  Very nice.  Have a good time with your friend over dinner.  

Crunchie, I've been meaning to ask what research project are you working on?  You sure sounded excited about it earlier.

My big purchase at Kohl's for the secret Santa exchange on Christmas.  

Have a good evening all, MB.

post edited by Mayan Boar - 2017/12/03 18:37:05

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 18:09:54 (permalink)
MB, here is the deal with Santa Sunday, besides the publicity it gets them, of course. 

Yes, we do have to supply the suit, and they are very specific about it, red hat with the white pom pom, etc... They announced that sign ups will start last Monday at Noon sharp, 250 will be allowed. By 12:03, it was filled up. You had to be sitting at your computer with the page up and be ready. When we arrive at the resort lobby, we have to be in full uniform and sign the liability waiver to receive the ticket. They also ask for a $15.00 donation to the Sunday River Community fund. Many of us give a 20 and tell them to keep the extra 5. This is a local charity where the money goes to those in need in our community. The money does not go to New York to a big firm with a 6 figure CEO. My kind of charity! Typically, this raises between $2,500.00 and $3,000.00 each year for the community fund.

The ticket is only good until 11 AM, when you have to be at the base station for the group photo, followed by them sending all 250 of us up the lift, where we wait at the top until all have arrived. Then it is a jail break on their word GO!!! Some of us older Santas realize we didn't get to be older by joining in the jailbreak and waited until it thinned out. It's quite a scene all those (us) Santas going downhill. BTW, word is the real Santa was hiding in the pack with us!!!!

At the bottom of that run, they have staff there, who validate our ticket for the rest of the day, and we receive a voucher for another day of free skiing between now and December 15. 

Now, from the accountant in me, this is something Sunday River does that costs them some ticket proceeds. But it makes national news, so that is some good advertising. You figure, 250 santas, skiing free today and another day, when tickets are $69.00 a day. Math..... That comes to $34,500.00 worth of ski tickets. $138.00 worth to me personally. (A santa costume from Walmart is $50.00). Since I have a weekday only season pass already, I give my free ticket to a friend who also likes to ski. 

But here is the real payoff. I had all kinds of kids excited to see Santa and I waived at them and ho-ho-ho'd them and chatted with them. It was a memorable day for the kids!
post edited by uphillklimber - 2017/12/03 18:12:06

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 18:31:12 (permalink)
Bob, thanks for the narrative on the charity event.  What a great day in more ways than one.  MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/03 20:37:50 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob, looks like a very festive and fun event!

MB, LOL!

Cindy, the bench looks great.

I haven't done much today.  I did go pick up paint samples and I have it narrowed down to 3.  I'll pick after viewing them in morning and mid day light.  I have hurt today.  Must be the front coming tomorrow.  I did get my Christmas tree delivered today.  It's a lovely Noble fir.   Hopefully I'll get it decorated in the next couple of days.   It's in the solarium room.  I have my small faux tree in the living room.  It's done and the mantle.  All white and silver this year with the exception of Magnolia tree leaf bunches that I snipped from the neighbor's tree.

Badger, I'm visualizing being with you all!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/12/04 06:35:32 (permalink)
Buenas Dias Mafioso, hoy es Lunes.

Crunch, not sure what your problem is with that link, if nothing else, just google Casa Toucan Webcam and see if the webcam will open for you that way.

Twirls, we wish you were here too.

Cute glasses, MB.

Really enjoying our time here, we managed to find an online stream of the Packer game to watch yesterday, then later went back to El Pesquero again for dinner. Jon from Casa Toucan came over to pay off our bet from the Cowboys/Packers game and we made plans to meet for dinner later this week in the Colonia. Weather still fantastic, wish you were here!

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..666667668669670.. > >> Showing page 668 of 673
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5