Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..636637638639640.. > >> Showing page 637 of 643
Author
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1588
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 11:39:12 (permalink)
+3 (3)
crunch
Wonderful news about Cindy this am.  Please tell her when she is resting at home to go to the trip reports and watch the video posted by Waterbaby.  She will love it.  In fact I recommend everyone go look at it.  Really, really good.

Thank you Crunch! That was wonderful. 
Bernie, I said "Mollie good girl, eat your breakfast" Chris told me she cocked her head and pricked up her ears and began eating.

Nice to be back at home. Even nicer not to have things stuck all over my body monitoring my heart, not to mention everything that had to follow me into the bathroom every time I needed to use it. (which was MANY times as what had to eat yesterday was 1 small Italian ice, 1 small cup of jello, 1 glass of cranberry juice, and enough ice water to float a boat.
Feeling good. Have a mass puffy pads and tape on the left side of my face, which I can get rid of tomorrow. Face works. I can smile, raise my eyebrows, roll my eyes (a necessity living with Chris) and all other face function. Lower half of left ear is numb and will probably remain that way, I think I heard them say they had to "sacrifice" that nerve. Oh well.

I have had a very, very slight heart murmur that has never raised any issues for a very long time. Apparently while I was under it blipped a few times, and now the cardiologists want a crack at me. They can just ducky well wait a week or two.

I believe Chris said we will attend the visitation for Vickie Woodruff this weekend in Fond du Lac. We will share LG condolences. Fond du Lac is a quick 15-20 minute drive away, Chris ran the SS office there and it is an easy commute.

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers. They are much appreciated. 
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 12:29:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Glad everything went well for you, Cindy.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 12:33:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Birthday Crunch

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14426
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 12:43:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks Cindy.  Glad you are home and well and things went just fine.  

Tomas has had many cardiology consults for "funny looking ECG's" all for nothing wrong.  I told him to quit letting them do the damn ECG.  If you don't have chest pain you are fine!  I am a horrible nurse wife.

Bernie - 40 minutes walking on the beach is a LOT of stamina. Good for you!

How are things with you Pamela?

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:13:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday Crunch.  May you have many, many more!
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:19:25 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy happy birthday crunch! Celebrate well.

AASB 2016 and 2017 were tons of fun! Booking now for AASB 2018!
Soleil Soul
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2245
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:49:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Afternoon BCrs

Cindy happy all went well, think of how many piercings you can now get without having to freeze your ear ;)   Happy you are home and had a successful surgery.

And yes Holly many ppl pay that kind of rent!  We pay 2300 per month 850 SF and a whole bunch more $$$ for storage locker, electric etc.  Going to be nice to be rent free soon :) 

Badge we are very close to the lake, just behind that red house and red tree on the group photo is our place.  You can see the rock outcrop which is in both the our pool photo and lake photo.  Short walk to the lake and boat ramp.  Don't think there are any Lurches around tho.

Enjoy your special day Crunch, have a good one.  So hear you on the parents and what to do at certain stages.

MB how's your bro doing?

Sorry to hear about JV's wife don't recall ever meeting him.

Glad SC is getting settled PJ

Everyone else make it a good day.
post edited by Soleil Soul - 2017/10/11 15:59:20

Until Akumal, AASB17 and FUN in the SUN
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 448
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:51:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday to Crunch, Happy Birthday to Crunch, we at the BC all love you a bunch !
Didn't know it was your B-day, Kim.  Hope it was a good one.

I didn't make it to the beach today but rather put on my work clothes and trimmed the front bushes. Only 7 of them but it took an hour to cut & put the debris in the trash can. The sun had come out and it was hot and humid !

Glad you are home & all went well, Cindy.

Was just checking in so, see everyone tomorrow.
BeBe

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:54:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Oops, you snuck in there SoSo.  Howdy !

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 14:56:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Front trimming done until next year.

Weekend at Bernie's
pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 15:17:06 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy birthday, Crunch!
BeachBilly
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2103
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 19:56:13 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday Crunch! My parents, Dad just turned 90 and Mom is 87, always say that getting old is not for sissies. Thankfully, they still get around pretty well.

Cindy, so glad all went well with your surgery.

Buenos Noches 

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1071
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 20:37:07 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday Crunchie!!  Hope you had an excellent day!

Keav & Pam

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/11 23:25:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hello everyone.  Would appreciate some prayers and good thoughts for my little sister, Annie.  She had been complaining of her arms and legs hurting.  Went to doctor and had a MRI done.  Turns out she has an arachnoid cyst in the posterior of her cerebellum which boils down to having fluid on her brain.  Might entail brain surgery.  Waiting to hear from the head doctor.  She was told it is really common with 1 in 40 people having it.  She had meningitis when she was a baby.  Don't know if that has anything to do with her current condition or not.  Thanks in advance for the prayers.  I really appreciate it. 
9KrazyCats
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 861
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 00:01:42 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Happy Birthday Crunch!  Hope it was a good day for you.  
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 06:48:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I could biatch about all the wrinkles, but I earned them all so I got to own that.

Frank - so sorry about your little sister.  I hope they can get her fixed up without any trauma.  Scary stuff.  On a daily basis it amazes me how many things are out there that can get us.  The human body is so amazing and yet so tricky at the same time.

$2300 a month for $850 square feet?  Triple yikes on that.  That is way more than our house payment!  We would be eating ramen and not using heat or AC or water LOL.  Things are pricey in Vancouver eh?

post edited by crunch - 2017/10/12 06:52:59

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 07:56:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Supposed to be partly cloudy all day with some rain this afternoon. The current temp is 74F at 8:10 with a muggy high of 83 degrees.

Didn't do a whole lot yesterday other than trimming the front bushes. Went to dinner last night; sat at the bar to eat.  Andrea came by a few times to fill drink orders, said 'hi' and I returned the 'hello'.  That was about it, as I was wrapped up in conversation with a couple at the bar.  They have a 36' tournament fishing boat and had just finished participating in a big King Mackerel event. 25 to 30 miles off shore trying to win $10,000 for the largest catch. Wow !  Way too far out for my little boat, not to mention the gas they burn on an all day trip.  Was enjoyable to chat with them and see some pictures on their phone.

Today might be a run for food shopping. Otherwise, not much else on the agenda.

Frank, prayers sent for your Sister.

Anyone heard from Holly ? Last I heard from her was when she was driving back from Colorado and she & Ann had 4 more hours to travel.  Called her a few times yesterday and no bueno. Hope they are OK.

Oops, need to go set the trash out.

Back and working on cup of coffee # 3.  That's all I got this morning.  See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 09:41:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sky is still gray.  More fall like temps have arrived. 
Poodle sitting today.  My poor SIL lost one of her great grand babies to SIDs this week.
A little girl about 6 months old.  So very sad.  Please pray for the family. 
Frank,  I am keeping your sister in my prayers.  Hugs
Bernie,  I was wondering the same about Holly.  Sure hope all is well with her. 
Cindy,  Hope all is going well for you.  That you are getting good rest and healing. 
SNF,  Hugs for you and your daughter.  So very sorry about the passing of your beloved pony.  

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
janjon
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1212
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 10:27:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)

PJ  I am so sorry. Such a horrible thing to happen. My bff lost her grandbaby 26 yrs ago. She slipped between the mattress and the bed and hung. .  I think she was about 8 months old.  I will never forget that phone call. My prayers for your family 

Frank. Prayers for your sister   such a scary thing but it is amazing what the medical field can do. 

So So that's some high rent 
Cindy hope you are healing well. 

Hanging with Mom this week. She's not feeling well today. Waiting for the motion sickness meds as she cannot tolerate pain meds and they make her very dizzy. She is doing well in the Physical therapy though.  
No internet at Moms but I figured out i can use my iPhone as a hotspot. I feel so technical!! 

I'll check in later. Hope we find the missing Twirls!  

Have a good weekend

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4981
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 10:33:54 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bernie, sorry if you worried.  I'm exhausted.  12 hours a day in a car is too much.
I slept a lot yesterday.  I'm glad it's over.  Other than tired, I'm ok.

Not much to add.  I lost a long post yesterday where I pulled a SOSO.  I guess it went so long it cancelled out.  I was too pooped to 're do it.

Glad everything went well, Cindy.

Crunch, hope your BD was good.   It's hard dealing with parents in later years.  I'm so sorry.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 10:40:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Moving a little slow this morning.

Bernie, I just looked at Chris' FB account, and Holly just posted they are almost home.

The pony died?

I think all of the anesthetics have finally worn off. Face is throbbing a bit, throat is a little sore from the breathing tube while under, and for some reason I feel like someone jumped on my diaphragm all night. (and I am talking about the body part, not a birth control device, you deviants) Dressing is off face, and it is not a pretty sight. I was under the impression the incision would run along the jawline. Nope. I have a vertical incision that runs from where my ear meets my face at the top, all the way down to a little lower than midpoint on my throat. Puckered and Frankenstein-ish looking. I certainly hope it doesn't stay all puckered like that. Blech. Also, I pulled 2 more of those sticky pads for the heart monitoring off of myself last night. Don't they count how many they use?
Crunch, thanks for the affirmation on the cardiology thing. It seemed a bit like an ambulance chasing lawyer...I have never had any chest pain and my inclination is to ignore them. I see my GP in November and will discuss it with her. I just had a perfectly normal ECG last week for cryin' out loud.

SoSo, LOL on the piercings. As it happens, that is about the only thing I could claim to be conservative about...never been a fan of the multiple ear pierces. One in each ear is enough for me.

Frank, prayers sent for your sister, and PJ, prayers sent for your SIL and family. So heartbreaking.
Back to the laundry
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 12:36:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ms. Cindy - I would never advise you not to consult your cardiologist!  Just go and if they are not finding anything do not feel the need to do every test under the sun

PJ - so sad.  At least she has the comfort of knowing you are taking care of her dog and home.  I never understood how something like that can happen to the most innocent.

JJ - glad mom is doing her PT and progressing. Tough at any age, but especially hers.  Tough on her loving and exhausted daughter too no doubt.

SNF's pony died? I am really sorry to hear that.

Bernie - house/yard looks great.

Bob must still be lost in the mountains
post edited by crunch - 2017/10/12 12:39:50

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 15:06:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch
Ms. Cindy - I would never advise you not to consult your cardiologist!  Just go and if they are not finding anything do not feel the need to do every test under the sun  

No worries, Crunch. The surgeon thought they were being aggressive, too. He actually suggested I wait and talk with/go through my GP. I don't "have" a cardiologist. I've never been to a cardiologist. I don't believe I have anything that is worth seeing a cardiologist about. Beside last week's ECG, they hooked me up to a heart monitor as soon as I woke after surgery (about 2pm) and I was on it until 9am the next morning. I was normal sinus rhythm the whole time. If the GP thinks I should go, I'll go. But I will wait and talk with her. I know you weren't trying to advise me. It's all good.

And I think the pony was well up in years. Pam takes really good care of her animals. The pony had a great life.
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4981
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/12 22:14:26 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Evening all
I'm still brain dead.  I apologize for not acknowledging everyone.  I'm heading back to bed in a minute.

SNF lost a pony??.  I'm sorry.

JJ, bless you and your mom. I understand.

Bernie, love you and thank you for being concerned.

Soso, your place looks lovely.

Cindy, I'm sure it will heal looking fine but maybe itchy for a while.

I've been to massage therapy and my back/ hip is still SCREAMING.  Too tired to get in the hot tub.  On to bed.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2476
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/10/13 04:53:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Frankensteins, it's Friday.

Cindy, you're not going to scare us during Boat Drinx are you?

Bernie, nothing better than a nicely trimmed bush.

SoSo, what fabulous views and great location!

Hope those ailing feel better soon, it's so sad to lose a small child, makes you wonder.

Twirls, 12 hours driving? Yikes! Vacation come soon.

Lost my post yesterday.

Wag more....bark less.
Page: << < ..636637638639640.. > >> Showing page 637 of 643
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5