Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..601602603604605.. > >> Showing page 605 of 610
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 19:17:32 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Evening all
I've felt better the last 2 days so I've been busy.  I even vacuumed for short intervals.  My hands can't take much.

Cindy, BEAUTIFUL GARDENS!

Bernie, sounds good but who knows where I'll be.

I'm about done for the day.  Much was accomplished.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 20:05:53 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Lawn work done and 76 now.  Some rain moving in tomorrow and perhaps Monday.  Bring it on.

Cindy, your property is so beautiful.  I got nada in comparison.  Wow, way to go Chris on your work as well.  Cindy, the new cabinet hardware sounds great.  A pic would would be nice before and after please.

Hopefully B&B are feeling somewhat on the road to recovery soon.

Bernie, hoping the May trip works out to your liking.

Thanks UHK for clarifying the St. Croix.  Sounds wonderful.

Twirls, glad things are moving forward girl.

Be well and happy all, MB 
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2017/08/12 20:08:08

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2467
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 05:45:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Lawn Rangers, it's Sunday.

Twirls, glad you are feeling better. Yes, you might have to special order those doors or ask your cabinet maker what he would charge to make them.

Frank, I think you should go to the zoo and take pix for us.

Bernie, you've got me dreaming of a fall trip to Mexico, but it looks like I will be so busy this fall that I will probably have to wait.

Today would be a good day for JJ and other lurkers to check in!

Except for one day of rain last week, weather had been near perfect, highs near 80, lows near 60, light winds and low humidity.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 445
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 07:53:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sun is shining brightly this AM and I'm liking that !  Forecasters calling for a few cloudy spots and t-storms late this afternoon.  It's all good. Current temp is 79F on the screened porch and a high of 88 degrees. I should drop by the beach today to make sure all the vacationers are happy. hee,hee.

Yesterday I finished cutting the grass.  After I installed the new spark plug I started wondering why I had the restarting problems the other day.  Did I fail to clean the air filter at the beginning of the season ? Do hawks navigate by the stars ? I regress. Popped the cover off the filter and ruh-roh. It was looking pretty gnarly and clogged with dried grass. I guess I had the answer to one of my questions. I hooked up the air compressor and a few minutes later the mower was good to go. I love a story with a happy ending !

Crunch, bummer that I will miss meeting you & Tomas.  I have kept an eye out for the cheaper points for flights but no bueno thus far. If I can swing different dates, will let ya know. Maybe I will win the lottery. Oops, that's your favorite line. hee,hee.

Uphill, I think the airlines have figured out how to get us, man ! It's a conspiracy I say. hee,hee. Some folks say the best time to get lower fares is to wait until a few days before you want to leave. I'm not that brave.  Good luck.

Badger, I know what you mean. I got all excited when I started looking at hotels and flights, and my plans are for over 8 months from now. Is that crazy or what ?

Need to have that last cup of coffee and go check for flights again.  It's become a game.
See ya,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1587
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 10:22:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Slept in this A.M. (5:40!) after a marathon mowing yesterday. The drive belt was not broken; scratching heads over why it came off. But worked fine after Lou finished up. Back from church now, Chris making a big Sunday breakfast (and I will be doing big Sunday breakfast clean up.)

Thanks for the compliments, I do love that big red hardy hibiscus. Blooms are the size of dinner plates. Well, not mine. My plates are square.

Where is PJ? and JJ. and Bosco. Seem to have a lot of MIAs lately.
After breakfast, back to the gardens.
Have a wonderful day
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 11:30:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy,  I am here .... lurking.  LOL
No plans, no company this weekend.  SC and I are deep cleaning house.
Sticking with her while she has this burst of cleaning energy. 
Also made reservations for flights and hotel for MIL's 90th Bday party weekend in Jan.

Enjoyed everyones post.  Have a great day!  

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14399
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 15:44:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Airfares for May are obscene right now!

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 16:07:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy,

Just got back from a little beach walk on OIB around 2:00. It wasn't crowded at all, since Sunday is the "check out & going home day" for the folks that have spent their week here and the new arrivals can't check in yet. It was a little cloudy but pretty hot & humid. I only made it for 50 minutes before I called it quits as that right leg joint was barking at me to stop. Decided to grab one PBR before heading home.

Cindy, no longer a fan of hibiscus.

Crunch, there is no reason for May 2018 flights to be so high. $750 R/T from my area to Coz & back. That's why I'm using points. 

Some pics of today's beach visit to follow. Badger is tired of the spam on LG forums. See his posts on the other forums. Funny.

See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 16:08:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Kites flying

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 16:10:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
view to the north

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 16:11:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
to the south

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 16:12:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm lucky to have made it 50 minutes, as that storm was chasing everyone off the beach, including me !

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/13 18:02:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. Church mid-morning and then back home.  Didn't do much today but print off some needed documents.  My real estate agent in Tulum said the public access down by El Paraiso is now closed.  Some folks from Argentina have a restaurant down there now.  Can anyone verify?  Just sad.

Rain off and on today.  68 now and cloudy.  Spent some time figuring out whether or not I need to buy more pesos.  Roughly 16.8 at Wells Fargo Bank now.  Neighborhood friend stopped by for a quick chat mid-day.  

Bernie, thanks for the pics.  Was missing the sunshine today and warmer weather.  For sure the airlines have it all figured out.  

PJ, good news on booking January arrangements.  So nice that SC helps you out.  Good girl.  How are the job opportunities going for her?

Badger, hope the weather continues to cooperate into fall so you can get it all done.  I hear QR calling you though.

Twirls, glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better and things on project are moving forward.

Hola, to the rest of you.

Sama, MB

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 04:54:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning
Got the main project for weekend done yesterday, now have a weed-free small brick path to outside spigot. Got a bit tense at the end; running out of bricks. Just needed 2 half pieces to complete. Had some partly broken bricks and Chris managed to score and break them to the right size. Yay for my Eagle Scout.

PJ, if SC runs out of things to clean, please send her to my house.

Bernie, I hope that bad weather system moves on soon and gives you some nice weather. Been perfect here, days in mid to upper 70s, nights to around 55F. Almost fall-like, but too soon!

Laundry this morning, then a late morning visit to the chiropractor. Then back to the weeds. Have a great day, all
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2467
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 05:54:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Scouts, it's Moanday.

Cindy, you may want to edit your first reply to the spam thread to say "Were you". And, I wasn't bored so much as tired of seeing those obnoxious threads.

MB, that rain has moved over here for the day, really messing up my schedule.

PJ, how is SJ's cold doing? I'm now on day 10, with no sign of much improvement.

Not much I can do outside today, so I think I'll catch up on paperwork and do a few inside chores.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 06:04:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger
Cindy, you may want to edit your first reply to the spam thread to say "Were you". 

Done. It gets confusing with only 1 cup of coffee in the system.

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 06:19:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
out with the old, in with the new

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 06:52:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all
Fixed a turkey dinner yesterday and was asleep on the couch by 8 pm.  It was cloudy and a high temperature of 77° so a good day for eating and sleeping.
Ann came and we discussed her upcoming move to Eureka and furniture needs.  We close on this Thursday or Friday.  I'll spend a few days then as one of the best blues bands of the Midwest is playing a free concert at Basin Park on Saturday.  Plus we'll be moving a few things to Ann's and shopping for her place.  

I finally got interior doors for the addition on Saturday.  All the base, window and door trim has been stained and clear coated.  I need to get the doors stained in the next few days.  With the rain and 100% humidity, it's long drying.

Who is watching the eclipse?   We are really close to the path so IF the sky is clear...

GF Jan and her hubby are off on a cross country drive to southern CA for a Saab car convention.  Her hubby wants to see the Grand Canyon and I'm seriously afraid that by then Jan may shove him off the edge!  He has a tendency to get bored and out of her realm of reasonable.  I LOL adout their European travel stories.  She almost killed him in the French Riviera a few years back.  Twice!  If she does the canyon stop on the way out, he may be safe.  But if she stops on the way back, he should be AFRAID!   He may wander off during the convention, which he has a tendency to do, , in which case he'll probably never be seen again...   She's lost him twice in New Orleans and threatened to leave him there.   I'm waiting for the call where she says "WHY DID YOU LET ME DO THIS TRIP?".  Giggle, giggle.  

Paul, I do hope you are fully recovered real soon.  My cold lasted about 10 days.  

Chances of rain every day this week but temps are supposed to go back to close to our normal August weather but it sure seems more like late September.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14399
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 06:57:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nice Cindy.

Bernie - same price from here.  Insane.

Sorry that cold is still bothering you Badger.

Tom and I spent 15 minutes yesterday afternoon washing my car because I couldn't stand it and it keeps storming so never a good time to get it cleaned.  We were soaked after that short time from the high humidity.  Ugh.  So of course total storms this am and all for nothing.  Poor Tuco is not a happy camper,  tried to get in the shower with me.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 06:59:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, you definitely needed the hardware update.  Looks good.  I had the same, minus the flowers, in this house kitchen prior to the reno.  It was installed in the 80's.  Don't bother to save it for a garage sale or donation.  I couldn't give mine away!

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 07:12:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
ChrisandCindy

PJ, if SC runs out of things to clean, please send her to my house.

PJ---Have SC stop by my house on her way to or from Cindy's.  I think I won't be too far out of the way.  Plus if she comes Monday the 21st, I'll pay her well and also part with a pair of certified Eclipse sunglasses so we can watch a once in a lifetime event.  Boy those glasses were hard to find.  Shouldn't had waited so long.  After about 20 phone calls I finally scored 5 pair at a QuikTrip for free!  The glasses were compliments of a small local beer company.  QT was suppose to give them to anyone who bought a 6 pack of their beer but I just asked and the employee handed them over.  Going to be pretty cool to see it turn to night time darkness for about 30 seconds.  Partial eclipse is suppose to start a little before noon, total blockage of the sun for 30 seconds around 1:15 and back to normal by 2:30.

Badger--Not going to be able to make the zoo.  Have 2 German Shorthair Pointers to look after.  One is ours and one we babysit for a gal in the neighborhood. Betsy is not ours but should be interesting to watch as she is blind so I'll be able to see how the "powers that be" mess with her.  Knowing our Maya she'll be taking a nap I'm waking her if she is! Newspaper articles say the animals will all be returning to their nests as it is going to be just like night. Although we are in a subdivision it is about 25 years old so the trees and landscaping are all mature.  Hoping to see the deer that run our treeline some evenings plus the coons, rabbits, squirrels, etc.  Armadillos have finally made it this far north.  Picture taking is going to be tough if i want to see the eclipse.  I'm pretty stoked about it. I was going to go watch it with my mom but she has already made plans with my sisters plus a don't need to come home to a wrecked house caused by 2 flipped out dogs. No telling what will happen.  I'm sure the local news teams will be at the zoo snapping away.  I'll post some links if any are worth watching.  St. Louis is lucky to have one of the best zoos in the nation.  Should be interesting. Hopefully it will not be a Y2K where nothing happens or the weather doesn't cooperate. 
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 07:35:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.
  Sun is peeking in and out this AM as clouds roll by. Forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies with a chance of t-storms this afternoon. Porch temp is 79F at 7:20 with a high of 88 degrees.

It was nice to do a walk on the beach yesterday and see the families enjoy the sand & water. It was pretty darn hot even with the ocean breeze. Not to mention the high tides reclaim a larger portion of the beach each day at this time of year.

Today I will start my search for an outdoor ceiling fan for my screened porch. I plan to look at fans in Lowes,Home Depot and Shallotte Electric. Hopefully there will be someone in one of those stores that is familiar with outdoor fans. Not an area of my expertise. Plus I have decided that I am NOT climbing up a ladder to install it and will pay for the installation.

Well Cindy, it's that time of year when those storms love to pay us a visit. Some move in from across the midsection of our country but most move up the Atlantic coast. I just hope we don't see one of those bad "H'-word things. Ugh.  I believe Holly was correct; time to to update the handles. The new ones look great.

PJ, you are very fortunate to have SC to spend time with you to help with things around the house. I know you are thankful for her company, as one day soon that little bird will fly.

Badger, it's time for that cold to get outta there !  I'll wave my magic wand for you : "begone cold".
That should do it. hee,hee.

Crunch, I bet those prices will come down around December. You will just have to watch them every week.

Time to go, kids. It's taken over an hour to finish this post. crazy.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2951
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 08:01:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cindy, I like that new hardware so much better, no more hooking your clothing on it. You should have seen me choosing the hardware for my house. I needed knobs. I wanted some big heavy ones a "man" hand could grab onto, and not get a finger caught behind it when it was opening. I found those for less than a dollar.

Then I wanted some handles that I could get my hand onto, not just my fingertips, and like you, I did not want my clothing catching on them. I found these:

Those cost almost six dollars each, but that's what I wanted and have been happy with them ever since. 

Bernie, I am loving the view you were forced to "endure" yesterday!

Now for my recent activities, I went, are you ready for it? I went fishing!!!

And again, I kayaked all around this pond, looking for fish, and only when I was back near the starting point, about ready to get off the pond, I hooked this one, a big ole slimy pickerel. He swam away right after this picture. 

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 08:23:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, bingo. I bought that old hardware in the late 80's, thought it fit the 1909 "feel" of the house. Those are the original cabinets; although they were VERY dark. I stripped them and then used a white stain for that pickled look...also popular in the 80s. Didn't really have the money to replace them, but now I certainly wish we did...counter height was built for 1909 short people and my back lets me know it! Even if I could afford new, I would probably stay with something very light in color, unless I had the $ to also totally remodel and add some bigger windows for more natural light. But my preference would be to sell and let someone else deal with it. I am ready for a more modern layout and more modern conveniences. Unfortunately, my roommate is not. 

Video
Pix
YouTube

BeachBilly
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2103
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/14 09:10:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Monday

Frank...here in Lex it is expected to be 90%. My husband wanted to travel to the western part of the state where he has family. It is going to be total eclipse there. No way I would fight the masses to go there. I'll accept 90%.

Bernie...Hibiscus are my favorite summer flower. I have lots of them.

PJ...My Dad will turn 90 on October 1 and I don't know what to do for him!

Crunch...Let me know when May prices go down

Have a great day everyone!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Page: << < ..601602603604605.. > >> Showing page 605 of 610
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5