Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..601602603604605.. > >> Showing page 604 of 610
Author
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2467
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 05:31:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Dustbunnies, it's Friday.

Nipper, you funny, would love to see pix of the tall ships.

MB, can't wait for details of sale.

PJ, what a day!

Hi Sherry, hope you find relief soon.

Cindy, that mower is chewing up way too many belts, I still think something else is wrong.

Good news for me, by a vote of 17-2 I've been allowed to join CC's NFL Loser's Pool even though I don't do Facecrack. Mi amigo Chris will post my pick each week. Many thanks to those who voted for me and for the two that didn't......

My cold is still hanging on, so I'm only working about half a day, but working yesterday in a steady rain probably didn't help, sometimes I can be a dumbazz.

Definitely gonna try to do Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2951
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 05:58:35 (permalink)
Crunch, I am getting 'er done. I have a kayak trip down the St. Croix river, 4 days, coming up soon. (And, of course, there is ski season, I already have my pass!!!) Part of me feels like I have to get things done to earn a vacation, but also, things need doing between fishing and kayaking and hiking. I didn't retire to laze around, there is a lot I want to do in life, and I am doing it! Can I get a Hoo-Rah!!!!! (I wasn't in the Marines, my brother was). BTW, I think I recognize that beach umbrella!

Today's activities involve visiting my old boss, who needs to have his 2 jetskis taken out and performance tested. We'll have to sample some of the local seafood, of course, and then, we'll try to catch some 40 inch stripers! Gotta run, I got a busy day ahead!

Be well all!

Lovin life,
Bob

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1587
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 06:00:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
looking forward to boat drinx tonite

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14399
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 06:45:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Bob - I think it's great.  Sitting around is deadly.  We need to stay active and not lose any ground.

Badger - the 1 guy that voted no it wasn't personal.  He just thought it would be confusing.  I don't know who the other one was.  I voted absolutely yes.  Would love to take your money 

Yay for the weekend almost here.  Wish I was sampling seafood today like Bob though.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 445
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 08:15:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

I see the sun !!!  But that will be short lived, as ws are supposed to have partly cloudy skies all day. Mother nature has been a little messy for a week now. Current temp 77F at 8:15 and expected high of 86 degrees.

I don't think I had mentioned that I posted my KitchenAid stand mixer for sale last week (Craigslist). Yesterday a young gal from Calabash drove up with her mom in a gully washer of a storm. The daughter had just graduated from Duke and would be living with mom & dad until she found her first career job. She was so excited for her mom to teach her to make things with the mixer, and the fact that it was used only once with a great sale price.  It made me smile to see her so excited.

Today is a 'maybe' on grass cutting, assuming it will dry out enough. It's a little long and I don't want the bagged grass to sit in the trash can all week, so I will dump it out back into the woods. That means I will have to apply the insect repellant to ward off the chiggers. Hate those little mites !

You know Cindy, I believe Badger is right about your mower. It does seem to go through belts. Do you save the records for how many belts you have replaced in the last few years ?  I owned a John Deere garden tractor for 5 1/2 years & never had to replace any belts. Of course, my cutting job was a lot different from you guys, in that I only had to do about 2.5 acres of dry "open range" grass in Colorado. Didn't have to cut it every month in the Summer either.  Oh, update on my hibiscus : they seem to be dying and leaves are dropping off every day. No sign of snails and the soap spray is not killing the little tiny spiders. I'm going to move them out to the full sun of the wood deck and give up. Glad I didn't pay too much for them

Good to see you here on the BC again, Sherry.  How is Tom doing these days ?  Please tell him I said 'hi'.
Give me a call anytime !

Forgot to mention that I did check for a price at Iberostar for a single : $132 a night

Need to eat a little breakfast and get moving. If the grass not too wet, must get going before the heat & humidity gets too bad.

See everyone later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 502
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 09:51:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning.  Another beautiful weather day.  66 now and sunny with a high of 77.  Just got back from Dermatology appointment to check a small spot on my nose.  Good news on that.  A quick "bang trim" at salon before meeting girlfriend for an early lunch in the same area.   Make it a great day all.  Later, MB

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 10:02:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nipper, I enjoyed your pun!  I even giggled!

Badger, so sorry you are suffering from a summer cold.

Yesterday I felt terrible from the meds.  Didn't do much.  I still have to find tile for the bathrooms.  Electrician is here moving stuff not properly planned...  sometimes what looks good on paper, doesn't really work in the application.
Washer and dryer got here yesterday.  However they didn't bring the thingy that goes between the stack unit so they left them sitting side by side, which I didn't think I had room to do. (Once again , on paper)  But I see I do have room now so...now I'm undecided on whether to stack or not.  If not, I need the pedestals.  But since I do have room, I could also send these back and get a top loading washer.  Opinions on top Vs. front loading washers?  Never had a front loading.

Painter is now here.  Better go.
PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 11:21:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Partly cloudy, humid and hot here.
Cindy,  Ha! Ha!  I was happy for the Cubs.  Now I'm over it.  
Hi Travelon, nice to see you posting.  
Badger,  SJ now has the cold.  Spreading it around the South. 
Pricing houseboat rentals... Wowzar!  Could go to Mexico for two weeks
for what 4 days on 58' houseboat cost in peak season.  $1,800!! 

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 12:39:31 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Yowza PJ!

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
travelon
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2886
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 17:11:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks for the well wishes everyone!  The brace is REALLY helping with my SI Joint pain.  I have been comfortable riding in a car and sitting as well.  I am so happy to get some relief
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 17:18:15 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Very glad to hear that.

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 18:17:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  76 and partly cloudy. Another top 10 weather day.  Got the bang, bangs trimmed and friend was running late.  Picked out a great table on patio for lunch.  Back around 2.  She is my rock and was good to catch up since last visit.  Then on to some follow-up emails and watering outdoor flowers.   I really needed a low-stress and relaxing day.

Travelon, so happy you are getting relief.  

Twirls, glad some folks showed up today.  Feel better soon.  

Bernie, nice story about the Yale grad and Mom.  Doesn't it feel great when you can put a smile on another's face?
Perhaps the hibiscus will do better with more sun.  Hope so.

Badger, working in the rain....not good.  Hope you guys are enjoying boat drinx this evening.  Feel better soon.

Nipper, yes pics are needed of tall ships.

UHK, you will be in my neck of the woods the St. Croix River in WI perhaps?  Hope you have a fabulous time.  

Cindy, hope you get that JD figured out.  Ugh.  Always something.

Well not much else.  Chipping away on lot sale.  Looks like a possible impromptu trip to the Roo in the near future. Too early to tell.  Have a great eve.  MB

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 19:57:01 (permalink)
St Croix River , on the border between Canada and Maine. Starting at Vanceboro. My dry skirt just came in for my kayak, gonna see some white water....
https://www.google.com/ma...318,-67.4614847,12.62z

Today was pretty good. Awesome weather, didn't catch any fish, but my old boss was catching mackerel 3 at a time! No stripers. Jet skis were awesome out in the ocean, bothering no one! Had some fried scallops and clams, then later had that greasy feeling in my mouth, I need a lemon to clear that taste out. Brought home 4 lobsters as well! Tasty!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/11 20:09:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Hey Bob. Thanks for sharing a beautiful day and where you will be hanging.  Have fun and takes lots of pics.  The scallops sound delicious and the lobster even better.  Not sure about the clams though.  MB

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 05:39:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Bernie, as I explained to Badger, on my JD the drive belt is a different belt than the mower belt. This the first time anything has happened with the drive belt. And we are not entirely sure that it is broken. There are MANY hours on my mower, it is likely that the belt has just gotten old and flabby (like me). Lou is coming this morning to work on it, will know more later. Other problems have been with the mower belt, and most likely came from operator error; ie mowing when the grass was too wet. I now mow higher, and TRY to wait for dry conditions, but it has been an atypically wet season.

Sherry, I am so glad to hear that you are getting some relief. Now, will the Dr.s do some tinkering with your meds for your other pains? Hard for me to imagine you other than your bouncy happy self.

Started putting my new hardware on the kitchen cabinets. Got the worst offenders (hip high drawers) changed out, and a few of the uppers, got slowed down by a stripped screw on one drawer, and cleaning the drawers while I had them out. 6 out of 35. This might take awhile.

PJ, yikes. That does sound high. But, she is 90...what can you do? Chris' Mom is 90 as well, but sadly she doesn't really know who anyone is any more. On the bright side she makes "new" friends every day.

Don't like clams, MB? I love all the shell fish. For me, that's the best thing about traveling to the east coast to see Chris' relatives. Steamers on the grill, crab, oysters and lobster, mussels...need I go on? Tough to be a Midwesterner with a hankering for fresh sea food. On the other hand, being of Danish heritage, I often thank the Lord I was born American. I cannot stand the sight or smell of pickled herring.

Need to get more coffee, have a wonderful day
Cindy 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2467
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 05:44:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

I voted absolutely yes.  Would love to take your money 

Good Morning Snails, it's Saturday.

PJ, so sorry SJ has a cold, bad news is that we have now had ours for over a week and friends are telling us that it lasts 10-14 days.

Sherry, glad the brace is helping!

Boat Drinx last night was very enjoyable.

Twirls, we have a front load washer and I think it does a better job cleaning.

MB, last minute trips to Mexico can be fun.

Pickled herring=YUM!
post edited by Badger - 2017/08/12 05:46:12

Wag more....bark less.
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 06:54:06 (permalink)
ChrisandCindy
Started putting my new hardware on the kitchen cabinets. Got the worst offenders (hip high drawers) changed out, and a few of the uppers, got slowed down by a stripped screw on one drawer, and cleaning the drawers while I had them out. 6 out of 35. This might take awhile.

Cindy 

Oh my Cindy, that just brings images to my mind. The hip high hardware. I can only imagine how much bruising there has been....

Lovin life,
Bob

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 08:10:44 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Much was accomplished yesterday.  I think I have found tile for at least 1of 2 showers.  AND DOORS!  I've been hunting for solid wood pine doors that aren't 6 panel doors.  I hate those and there aren't any in this house!  It seems like that is all that is offered unless you special order.
 The plumber got most of the master bath redone.  Electrician got 2 things moved that were holding up progress.  
My realtor friend is coming this morning to give me a guesstimate and opinion on other finishing details that might help me get more bang for my bucks!

Sherry, I'll call you later.  Glad you are finally getting some relief.

Badger, I'm sympathetic as I suffered with a summer cold a few weeks back.  PJ, TAKE PRECAUTIONS!
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 08:30:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
good morning campers and lurkers

the lawn ranger will ride again.  funny thing that the guy who fixed it was planning to go pick up his new washer today, he did not like the front loader and they are going back to a top loader.

glad you are feeling better Sherry

boat drinx is always a good time hope you recover from your colds soon

may start work replacing the brick pathway to the spigot on the east side of the house

time to go make an egg plant fritata for breakfast

io saturnalia

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 08:51:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
uphillklimber
 I can only imagine how much bruising there has been....

No bruising. Just ruined clothing.

Twirley, forgot to say I also find the front loader does a better job. I don't have space for the pedestals, so I do have to do some bending, but I bend a lot gardening, too, so what the heck.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 09:32:48 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy's Flowers are looking good today

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 445
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 09:48:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Looks a bit dark and rainy outside this AM. Today it will be partly cloudy mixed with t-storms every couple of hours or so as the storms move up the coast. Current temp 77F at 8:00 with a high of 86 degrees.

Good thing I got most of the grass cut yesterday. Most. Lawn mower wouldn't restart then I flooded it. I pulled the plug and it looked pretty nasty; cleaned it with a small wire brush and was able to finish a few more strips. Alas, it flooded again. By that time it was noon; I was soaked and overheated so decided to get cleaned up and get some lunch. Had to get to wally world anyway for some meds and picked up a new spark plug. By the time I got home the thought of changing back into damp work cloths to finish another 15 minutes of work was just not appealing.  The grass will be waiting patiently for me to return. I moved the two hibiscus onto the wood deck and rearrange the other porch plants.  

Last evening I placed a good one-way flight to Cozumel on hold for May 5th. I have until Aug 16th to decide if I'm going to use the higher amount of points for the return flight.  I want to get those non stop flights to/from the Charlotte/Coz portion of the trip but it's only available on the Saturdays. It arrives at 11:35 AM so that will give me plenty of time for customs/entry and car rental. At this point, looks like I will book May 5th to the 12th and the Iberostar will be fine.  I've never selected a flight this far in advance. Anybody want to join me ?

Wow, just spent an hour on the phone and plumb forgot I needed to finish my post ! hee,hee.

Bob, I would like to have a big ole striped bass to eat. Fond memories of Mom baking them for dinner. We always called them "rock fish" in the lower Chesapeake Bay. Not sure when that make it down here; prob in the Fall sometime. Will ask a local.

Cindy, glad the mower is fixed. Happy cutting.  Just a thought on your handles, you might look on ebay to check if they are worth selling. Might earn enough for a few drinks in Mexico. hee,hee.

Twirls, sound like a few things are getting done on your house. 'bout time,right?  My favorite all time washer & dryer was a front loader : Maytag Duet series with pedestals. Had my set in Colorado for over 10 years and really like them.  Gave them to my niece when I moved out here & she is still using them. They are pretty pricey, though. 

Thanks for all the pretty pictures, Chris.

Coffee time over & having oatmeal right now.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 15:55:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Anyone close to the centerline of the coming Eclipse?  I'm about a 45 minute drive to the centerline.  Can't decide if I want to put up with the traffic hassles.  Where I'm at should still be about a 30 second complete blockage of the sun.  Thinking that might be enough.  That or go to the zoo and watch the animals freak out , Probably will end up going and watching it with my mom at my her house.  She's 91 and I'm sure she will want to see it.  Better get our glasses!

JJ and PJ--you anywhere close?
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 16:16:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Would love to see you Bernie, but we always go mid may.  Darn.

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/08/12 16:32:34 (permalink)
Bernie, we'll be arriving when you are leaving..... Lately, I've been booking in September. I always thought I could find an awesome deal between Thanksgiving and Christmas, as most folks are so busy with family, they aren't buying anything. But with what I have been getting for deals, I ain't making it to Thanksgiving. It could be worse...

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..601602603604605.. > >> Showing page 604 of 610
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5