Helpful ReplyHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..551552553554555.. > >> Showing page 554 of 625
Author
Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 5611
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 09:51:57 (permalink)
+1 (1)
All of my tulips are done....means time for veggies...still going to have to wait. Dang!

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1281
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 10:35:57 (permalink)
+2 (2)
ChrisandCindy

Hope I didn't sound harsh about the roses, Frank. I am not a fan of dyed flowers. All those years of listening to whiny teenagers who wanted blue roses in their prom corsages, I guess.

Cindy--I sure didn't think you were harsh at all.  I was hoping you would recommend something that would work for us since I know nothing about roses.  She'd like something with a few colors in it.  She has plenty of red ones already.  Any recommendations on a type and where to order them from?  Thanks in advance.  We'll probably try the dyed ones just to see if we can do it.  She'll be 92 in November and just lost her last good friend.  Got to find something for her to do that she enjoys.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 1587
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 11:42:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Beautiful tulip, Nipper, I could claim it as a Danish Flag, too.

Frank, I don't know where to start. There are climbers, hybrid teas, floribunda, shrubs, antiques...I used to have hybrid teas, but our winters can be just too harsh, even with them covered up. They are the fussiest...Feeding, spraying for insects...but offer the most colors and variety. They are what you think of as a classic rose in form. Bicolors include "Double Delight" with cream, deep red, and yellow tones. "Peace" is a classic; bred after the end of WWII. Cream with pink edges. Also check out "Tropicana", Neil Diamond", "Ketchup and Mustard" and "Dick Clark". Shrub roses are less fussy. See "Music Box" and "Campfire". We do most of our business with Jung Seeds and Plants, out of Randolph, Wi. Not that far away from us, and have always been pleased with them.
I think perhaps you misunderstood me. You can not grow the roses that you gave your mother; they are dyed after they are cut. Probably started with a yellow rose and added the other colors. They simply do not exist in nature.
Hope I was somewhat helpful.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 13:47:02 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Frank, check out Youtube on how roses are dyed. Might be kinda fun to try this myself. My rose garden is full of new buds...Soon I will try it.

Steve Prefontaine

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 15:57:15 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy--After thinking about it, I realized you can't grow Rainbow Roses outside.  As Xelly recommended, I had checked Youtube.  I know a little about gardening, having grown 200+ watermelons for about 10 years.  After reading about how the rainbows are made I knew there was no way to get the dye into a growing rose.  But when you search the internet for Rainbow Rose Bushes you get all kinds of stuff.  Thought there might be an outside chance. Thanks for the recommendations.  She's got some gift cards from a nursery that she never has gotten around to using.  4 years of Mother's day gifts.  We're going to have tons of roses.  Will check out Jungs also as I used to buy seeds from them.  Thanks again for all your help.  Do you know what the tulip is called that Nipper posted?  If you don't hopefully Nipper will read this and respond or I'll send her a PM.  Thanks to everyone for their advice.  Hopefully I'll have some pics to show off!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14411
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 18:14:24 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I may be actually convinced I am in my mid 50's after 9 hours on boats clambering back and forth in the middle of the sea interrupted by 1/2 mile hikes over rocks in knee deep water and being eaten alive by Tobanos.  I may need a vacation from vacation!

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 14411
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 18:15:54 (permalink)
+3 (3)
OOh, and Tomas caught a 35 lbTuna.  And we had the best adventure not tour companions ever with some of our BC club lgers.

Nothing wrong with me that a margarita on the beach wouldn't fix.......................
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 21:33:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
crunch
OOh, and Tomas caught a 35 lbTuna.  And we had the best adventure not tour companions ever with some of our BC club lgers.

Congrats Tomas on the catch!  Must not be a fish tale as some wives I know would lie for their husband, but not about the size of a fish he caught!
Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/18 22:12:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
So awesome, Tomas. Muey Bueno! Crunch, a good wife will endure a plethera of oddities for her matey. Sounds like you went way overboard 😅🐳🐢🐙🐡🐠🏊🐟🐚

Steve Prefontaine

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2469
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 05:36:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Tunas, it's Friday.

Crunch, you know that we must have photos or else we won't believe you!

Nipper, bee-ooo-tee-full flowers.

Xelly, have fun, but be careful with that ankle.

Twirls, no danger of flooding here, the creek is in a ravine about 50' below where our home sits. Some roads were closed in the Southern part of the county, but waters are now receding.

Might finally see the sun today, but we actually have some frost right now.

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:00:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
All good with my checkup yesterday. Best news, that was my last stirrup visit. Ever. I guess that means I am officially OLD.
Today's agenda, sit at the hospital while Chris has his procedure. Note to self: make sure Kindle is fully charged.

Not much else going on...not gonna try and get any gardening in this morning before we head to the hospital. Grass is wet, and temps are in the forties with a high of only 52. We were in the 80s on Tues. and Wed. Sheesh. Pulled the heavy winter bathrobe out this morning. Dogs are fed and very quiet. Will have to get them out and running before we leave them alone for 4 or 5 hours. Mollie, no problem. Emma is a different story. Mom returns Monday, weekend will be getting the house ship shape and Emma brushed well. Mollie will probably sleep for an entire day when Emma leaves.
S'all I got-Have a great day.
Cindy

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 445
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:52:11 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning to all,
  A nice sunny day again on the coast. Current temp 71F at 7:00 with a high in the mid 80's. Might just be a beach day.

Lunch date was OK but no real spark. I'm probably being too picky. This lady seemed nice enough but her home is a little over 50 miles away.

Finished with staining the back screened-in porch. The job was a lot slower mainly do to the greater area of trim work. It took about 3 hours from start to clean up of brush and roller.  It might need a second coat; will inspect closer later today.

Crunch, I agree with Badger on his statement that we will need pictures of the fish that Tomas caught.  How long did it take to get the fish aboard ?  Oh, and did you get to eat some of it ?

Cindy, hope the procedure goes well for Chris. Do you think Mollie will miss Emma ?

More coffee calling my name.
See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:54:56 (permalink)
0 (2)
Cell phones should be banned from the beach ! hee,hee. Picture of Ed.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:56:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Cute pose by Sandi.

Weekend at Bernie's
maplesyrup
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 1942
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:56:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Back to seasonal temps today. It was 90 yesterday - 88 in Akumal- and then a line of thunderstorms came through to cool it down, about 66 right now. Lot's of wind damage in the area. Some schools are closed or have two hour delayed openings due to power outages. I've yet to mow the lawn! I'll be able to bale it when finished!

Will be thinking of Chris this morning, and good for you Cindy! Typical male here; no Drs unless I'm in severe pain...I know, I know! Not the way to stay healthy, but ignorance is bliss....

Looks like the Coz Brats are having loads of fun....when I get a chance I'll borrow from facebook some more of their pics; they did pull in a nice tuna, with pics to prove that fish tale.

We had two birthday girls in our group....
Clowning around before dinner at Mateos... photo bomber on the left...

Shanel's birthday cake...which we shared with the Tita staff's kids after our second treasure hunt in Tulum...

The birthday girls hennas...

We helped these guys build a border wall....hoping we wouldn't be able to get back home, but alas, no trabajo....

We almost had a nest on our beach, but found out later some Tourons went up and touched her! She retreated to the sea...

Serena celebrating at La Eufemia....

We set up a day long tour with iTours.....Muyil ruins, and two cenotes; Zasil Ha and Calavera...

Off the ledge where the ladder stands, the water is over 100' deep...many divers go to this cenote...

It was a long day......

Okay, off to work....buen dia, amigos!!

post edited by maplesyrup - 2017/05/19 06:59:50

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 06:58:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy George.

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 07:04:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nice pictures, Ed.  Thanks.

My front porch stain job came out nice.

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 07:54:28 (permalink)
+3 (3)
good morning campers and lurkers

here is a photo by Patti that pretty much sums up the story this morning

Video
Pix
YouTube

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2951
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 08:12:19 (permalink)
A fun day yesterday, physically strenuous, but some more memories and stories to share!

Here is the fish that Thomas reeled in. We didn't expect to be fishing, but Adrian put out the rods to occupy time on the long ride! M
(Maybe Tom can post a picture of the trophy fish I reeled in!)

Lovin life,
Bob

PJamigo
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 3160
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 08:58:35 (permalink)
Great pictures everyone!   I want some grilled tuna!

"Time spent on a beach in paradise is good for the soul."
uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 09:20:11 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Without further adieu, Thomas posted the picture of my trophy fish on FB:

A lizard fish, which is a bottom dweller, came up to grab the bait!

Lovin life,
Bob

Xelly
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 09:21:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SUN, SUN, SUN... Sat in a bit of it yesterday. Made a batch of basghettie for the trip to the coast. We are all packed up. A pot of coffee and a shower, then we're off. Supposed to be a really nice this weekend. I borrowed mom's wheelchair to make it easier to get around. Pictures on Moanday...

Have a wonderful weekend y,all

Steve Prefontaine

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4978
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 10:44:27 (permalink)
Wasn't feeling good yesterday evening so layed on sofa 6-8 and went to bed.  Woke around 1 from tornado warning on phone.  Sirens next.  Hobbled from bed .  Turn on TV.  Major ordeal finding stuff I might need in shelter.  Flashlight that I keep next to bed had been used by workman demolishing my old bathroom.  Plus we had a flood under the bathroom from a broken pipe during demo so I haven't had a shower in DAYS.  Pipe is capped but it was during the only time someone was available to help me so I'm still filthy.  After the weather cleared, back to bed at 3.  I don't think I took a pain pill then but I HURT BAD.  My stomach is jacked up.  Every joint in body is screaming, throbbing, clinching.  Finally decided a pain pill had to be taken.  

Some mornings I just cry and wonder how I will get through this.
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4978
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 10:46:20 (permalink)
I do appreciate your pictures and participation here.  I look forward to them.

Preakness tomorrow.  Something to look forward to.

uphillklimber
Cooler Carrying Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2017/05/19 15:12:52 (permalink)
Bosco, I'm finding plenty of eels this trip. But you gotta have the camera on, burning battery, and zoomed in. They are going from point A to point B and not wasting any time!

And..... I have a query for everybody here. I have never seen one of these, or anything like it before. 3-4 feet long, looks like a  cross between a puffer and shark. 

This fish reminded me of a dog laying in the shade, in that it was hiding behind a coral head to avoid the current.

For the grand prize, name that fish!!!!!

Lovin life,
Bob

Page: << < ..551552553554555.. > >> Showing page 554 of 625
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5