AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1089 of 1112
Author
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 08:11:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Take care of yourself Holly.  Cancer has been beaten before and I think you are just the one to beat it again.
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 09:13:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Prayers your way Holly. Hopefully you will have your toes in Mexico sand soon .
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 09:44:41 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Twirls,  take care of yourself and what is important to you.
My prayers for you continue.  Hugs

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 10:01:00 (permalink)
0 (2)
Twirley, you have a lot on your mind, not the least of which is a new diagnosis. Think of yourself first and what you see as important. The others need to think of YOU. Your priorities and your comfort are all that matters.
My thoughts are with you. I am glad the spring trip is still a possibility.
Badger, let them know that they have p*ssed off the whole BC.
post edited by nipper - 2020/02/19 13:18:01

2020: Akumal in April!!!  Oops, make that 2021
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 12:04:21 (permalink)
chiro was very helpful.  I learned that it was a bad idea to sleep on a heating pad even though it felt really good.

you are in our prayers Holly

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3242
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 12:31:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola!
Bright and sunny here in PA today with a stiff breeze blowing. Doing my best to get the rest of the laundry and packing done. Found out this morning that our flights have changed again. Now have a slightly later departure time which likely means a run through Atlanta to catch the second flight. Airline rep says it should be enough.

Holly we are keeping you in our prayers.  Please let Badger kick your guests out if they are not being of help to you. Do whatever you wish with what is yours and don't worry about other peoples' feelings. Please enjoy however much time you have.  Hugs from afar!

Wow PJ those pictures are scary.  Still more rain expected?

jj your puppy is adorable!  Hope the dentist apt is an easy one.

Jamie I hope your flu continues to get better and doesn't come back. jealous of the warm temperatures you are getting - they should help!

Brenie that dinner looked delicious!  A week on Isla should be lots of fun for you and Sue.  Better line up a beach kitty feeder for while you are gone.

C&C  We will be the limping, hobbling wheelchair rolling gangstas of Roatan this year! 

Be well all!

Keav & Pam

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 12:50:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nobody deserves anything Twirley. You were friends. Since when do friends or even relatives "deserve" any money or belongings? You do exactly what you want and they should just find out later. I am sorry you are dealing with this on top of everything else.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 14:51:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
C&C,  Ibuprophen and ice packs.  Were what I used on SJ when his sciatica was paining him on our last trip to PoMo. 
Thankfully I had brought some ziplock bags.  Plus Twirls made appointments for him and others with her masseuse. 
So glad your son is coming over to load the suitcases.  
I had envisioned Cindy hurting herself further trying to lug the suitcases downstairs and into the car.
Good idea on using the wheelchair for airports as well. 
Once Chris gets to the beach, relaxes, gets a few adult beverages in him.  Floats in the sea.  
Maybe splurge on a beach massage.  Hopefully going to feel much better. 

Hi SNF,  no rain today.  Beautiful and near 60F.  RN River flood levels are dropping.  Tonight the temps drop and we get snow by morning.  
Wishing you smooth and safe travels to Roatan.  Maybe you need a wheelchair for that quick connection in Atlanta.  Hugs

post edited by PJamigo - 2020/02/19 15:01:56

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 15:44:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
SnorkelNfools

C&C  We will be the limping, hobbling wheelchair rolling gangstas of Roatan this year! 

It's Roatan! We will be the limping, hobbling wheelchair rolling PIRATES!

Chris will be going back to see the chiropractor again tomorrow at 1:45, and again Friday morning at 8am. He really was impressed by what a difference it made. I told him "why do you think I keep going?" Doc said his hip alignment was all screwed up; probably a result of his infamous injury years ago at the old ABR when he did not heed the warning to STEP on the mooring ropes. Wave lifted the rope, he tore his hamstring and was purple from his butt to the back of his knee. He wouldn't let me take a photo. All the staff started calling him Pompe Azul. (Blue butt) (see? he's already got a pirate name!)
We should be all loaded and ready to go when he gets back from the Fri. appt. Get the dogs settled at Grandma's, then head to our hotel room near the park 'n fly. Flight is at 6am. Sat. morning, so it will be an early wake up.  Weekend weather in Chicago supposed to be clear and close to 40, so no worries about snow. Just so glad he is feeling and moving better!

Holly, send them packing. Take care of yourself. Like Crunch said, they don't DESERVE anything from you! What BS. Sending more prayers, love and hugs.

Video
Pix
YouTube

pamela_tejas
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 269
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 15:57:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly, I have no words. I have never met you but I feel like I "know" you after many years reading about your adventures, antics, struggles and triumphs. I have no advice to offer other than to live your life on your own terms, as you have always done, and don't let the bastards direct your decisions.
I am confident you won't. You have your priorities straight...your loving critters. Know that me and my Midas are holding you in our hearts and sending you our love and prayers.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 18:05:35 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Afternoon, a bit of good news, Holly called and even though the phone connection was very poor I did manage to hear her say that the doctor today said that her cancer is at stage 3. It sounded like she will have multiple appointments over the next couple of weeks to determine the best course of treatments. She said she will call again when she can, and I will share any more news she may have.
And she sends thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

Wag more....bark less.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/19 19:05:38 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. 9 and clear skies with a low of -8.  Got up to the fitness center early this morning.  Got a brisk 40 minute walk in.  Relaxed at the tan salon and got some reading in afterwards.  Call from painter that he wants to stop by Monday morning to spray ceilings in all three closets and stop back after a few hours and paint the walls.  Great timing as I had not started to carry all of my clothes down to lower level.  Very happy he called when he did as this will work out best for both of us.  Had lunch with my good friend Judy.  Some tears, mostly laughs. Hank, her husband, passed last summer.  She just got back from a month in FL and I wanted to see her before my trip.

Badger, thanks for being the conduit for Holly.  Continued prayers for Holly.  Love and hugs sent.

Bernie, "may you say" meaning that your Isla trip was in May.  When I start speaking in tongues, you can start worrying about me.  Meantime, I will try not to speak in code.

Cindy, so good to hear that Chris is doing better and has more appointments before you depart.  Good on son to help load up the vehicle.  Excited for you guys. Not a bad idea on the wheel chair access.  I did see the 3rd guy in fluorescent vest; DOT?  

SNF, I cracked up with your description of the Roatan crew.  The warm water should be therapeutic. Good luck on your connection and enjoy your trip.

PJ, good news on water receding.  Tricky sometimes when applying heat or cold; at least for me.  

Thought of you this morning Kim.  There was a gold colored Honda Fit next to me on the way to gym. 

Hola to all of you I've missed.  MB

BeachBilly
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 6877
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/19 22:02:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Lurker checking in. Holly, I hate bothering you even with a text. Just know that I am always thinking of you. And I understand that your fur babies are so important to you. That is how it would be to me too. Your houseguests are ****ing me off how they are upsetting you so. You don't need that ****.

Hola to everyone. Love you all!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment
of animals" ~Immanuel Kant

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 04:10:56 (permalink)
0 (2)
Arrived in one piece, the ice slip and fall tailbone injury was the only uncomfortable issue, along with two people who were obviously sick and seated in front of us - wearing face masks.  They were trying to contain their crud and hand sanitizing etc., was just an uncomfortable feeling. Keeping up my zinc and brought down a can of oysters LOL.

Twirls this is for you, make your home comfortable and dispose of all toxic people, sending hugs.  Plant yourself here.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 05:30:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
0 right now, high of 18 today. At least the sun is supposed to come out.
Paul, thank you so much for keeping us informed about Holly. Any idea on how soon they will start treatments? The sooner the better. Hugs to you too, my friend, for being there for Holly when she needs to "unload". Stress for you, too, but then again, you do have those big strong shoulders, and a very big heart.

PJ, Keav arranged wheel chair transport for Pam quite some time ago, so it's all good. We get in a little later than they do, and Keav didn't want to put Pam through the grocery stop, so we have the list and will make that stop. I am constantly thinking how fortunate it is that we decided last trip to switch to the house across "street" (just sand, but cars do drive on it) and are on ground floor, as opposed to a very long, steep climb upstairs to the other place. I doubt Pam or Chris would have been able to make it and we all would have had to cancel. Providence.

I'd better get going on laundry chores (last time before Vacay!) Everyone have a beautiful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 05:49:30 (permalink)

Video
Pix
YouTube

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 06:05:40 (permalink)
Aww the sunrise was a non event, clear no clouds.

JJ and Twirls I remember you showing me that painting before you purchased it - lovely. Twirls you were so excited.  That little art shop is no longer there, Mexicart moved into it.  Miss the art stores here, have always admired those large wooden angels puckering or blowing the wind, honestly how would you pack that? There are now walls up around the Casita property as you drive into HMB, rumour in the wind it's a pool construct... looks like more than that. However you feel funneled now as there are walls on each side of the road, tis an uncomfortable weird change. Bumped into Sherwood and Mambo at QueOnda during lunner (CDN for lunch and dinner), they looked well.  Yes I left my camera at the QR home.  I'm looking forward to the next several weeks living here, we are taking things real slow.  This is how slow... while sitting on the loo I glanced down to see a crazy ant dodging around in sporadic movements at my feet.  Grabbed my mini lavender infused mister and start spraying a circle around it as a repel test - ant was contained for 10 seconds, my nights' entertainment. No wacky tobacco involved and no animals were hurt during the testing, the ant escaped.  Stay tuned for my night walk in search of scorpions.   

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 06:34:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Loving the updates Soso.

Thank you Badger for the updates and your support of Twirley.

Gotta run....work is cray cray!
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 07:17:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Safe and easy travels to the limping, hobbling wheelchair rolling PIRATES! Enjoy Roatan and snorkel for me too please.

My hip is slowly improving and I'm working on re-strengthening the muscles that I need to protect the knees and lower back, now that I can move better again and the pain is less. Physio continues along with a back brace, an upcoming cortisone shot for the left knee and possibly a knee brace, or 2. I plan to return to aqua fitness class today, just not at full speed.  Also I am using a walker when needed. I need to be ready for Akumal in 2 months!

Hi SoSo and Sundog, enjoy the warmth.

2020: Akumal in April!!!  Oops, make that 2021
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 07:52:08 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Rainy all day today with a high of 47 degrees and our low 33F. Who else is ready for Spring ?

Yesterday I fed the beach kitties. Poor things ate in the drizzle rain while I sat in the truck. Had the Chef's salad at fibber's and then went shopping at Lowe's Foods.

Today Sue leaves her family in Pennsylvania; she will drive straight through on I-95 and probably in the rain.
We talked last night and she will stop by my house for a big ole hug and a kiss. Maybe I can entice her to stay and eat some dinner with me ( grilled chicken with veggies or a salad ). Will see how it goes.

Thank you, Pam. Isla will be a new experience for both of us and we look forward to exploring, eating some good food, shopping and perhaps snorkeling together. I hope you two enjoy Roatan. I suggest taking some snoozes in the shade and perhaps some drinkies to ease the pain. Enjoy !

MB, well I'm sure glad you cleared that up ! Hee,hee

Hi Beach Billy. Good to see you gal and hope life is treating you well.

Howdy Texas Pam.

Thanks for the doggie pictures, Cindy.

Glad ya made it down safely SoSo. That sick couple on the plane would make me very nervous. Bummer you forgot your nice camera.

Oops. Gotta put out the trash.......OK, back. Yucky out there.

Hi to Crunch, PJ and Badger.

Gotta scoot.
See y'all,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 07:55:18 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Didn't see you post, nipper. Hope you can get back into shape before Akumal.

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 09:52:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Rain mixed with snow here.  Pets dashed out the door did their job and came right back inside. 
No walkabout for me or the pets in this sloppy weather.  
I didn't accomplish much yesterday.  Worked on booking and scoping out flights and hotels for upcoming events.
SJ's brother is getting married on April 5th in the Chicago area.
SC is joining a church and will be baptized in Cary, NC on the first Sunday in June.  She wants her dad and I to attend.
SJ's nephew/godson is getting married on August 29th in the Chicago area.  
Looking like a traveling year for this homebody.

Best wishes for smooth and safe travels to the Roatan Pirates.  

SoSo, glad you and SD made it safely to Akumal.  I hope you have a butt cushion with you.  
Those plastic patio chairs are hard on a bruised tailbone.   

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 10:06:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
The clock in our place was stuck at 3:30 moved it to 12 O'clock somewhere!  Today we are moving places, manana we head to Tulum to PU vehicle via collective for some fun in the heat. 

Warming up my camera, these pics where taken through the plane window.  The first pic is of the Vancouver North Shore mountains from YVR runway.

PLAY THE GAME 
This is your trivia question should you choose to except.  The photo below has 3 volcanos which are located in Washington State, what are the names of these volcano's?  Crunch … hmm you should get this.

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 10:09:27 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Nipper thanks for your update, sounds like great progress. Sorry you had to go through all this.

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/20 12:24:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Rainier, Shasta, and ...................Baldy. Snort!
Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1089 of 1112
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5