AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1087 of 1112
Author
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 16:21:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Valentines LGrs

Twirls sending healing energy, napping is important.  

Cindy Joey is so cute, snow bathing.  Congrats to your son's success, you should be a proud Momma.  Burrr on the artic front for you all in the way, hope Chris makes it up your drive.

Aww Jamie sorry you have the flu and complications.

Renee loving your pics from Roatan, soon to enjoy el presidents y SNF fishy pics :)  The drum fish was a great find, love it when they are in the juvenile stages.

Glad you are safe with the flooding PJ.  You can't fix stupid...

YeeHaa on the new vehicles Crunch y Badger.  Interesting idea with the leather seats, personally I didn't like my leather seats always cold in winter (bum warmer necessary) and super hot in summer.  Definitely easier to clean!! My first honda civic was in the 70's!! It was orange with a black roof LOL.  Badger interesting opinion Drumps Mother had... so true si!  Bloomberg is getting under his thick skin. Great Barr is telling him to shut up via twitter LOL, rolling my eyes.

Have been through 2 rough coat collies and 1 border collie, all have been extremely obedient. One of our collies Penny was so funny she would curl her long nose if you told her she was bad... LOL.  

Craig have a great trip to Coz. 

How are you managing Nipper, hope your pain has eased.  Enjoyed the NS YouTube vid, beautiful province.  

Luggage is out and packing has commenced... realized Zoey didn't care (yet).  Half way through clipping her yesterday and thought of you JJ and how beautifully lovely puppy Lola looks.  Think I need some kinda daycare like Mr JJ's with a groomer on the side, HA.

BeBe you crack me up, first class my @ss jaja.  Glad you have flights, congrats on the up coming trip with your chica.

MB you've turned into quite the exerciser.  Finally wheels are up Tues, cripes that was a long wait to miss a fall trip.  Zoey is so worth it! Spent the morning cutting up roast chicken breasts, vacuum sealing and freezing for her meals.  Gastro kibble and chicken for the finicky princess.  Going to be hard leaving her.

Kids are coming out to the lake tomorrow for a day visit and to say goodbyes. Off to walk dog then make meals for tomorrows visit.

Have a gooder everyone.

Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 16:24:42 (permalink)
Duplicate sorry...

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 17:30:45 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch--My wife loved her Accord too.  Drove it for 18 years.  Had a small oil leak. Checked it out and it was a $1,175 fix.  Since I just got a different truck she decided she needed a different ride.  Loves her VW Jetta.  Missing a lot of stuff she had on the Accord like the leather seats and the sunroof but she is very satisfied with it.

Hang in there Holly.  Saying prayers for a quick recovery.  Did you ever have your china appraised?  My mom has 3 or 4 sets.  From what I have seen they aren't worth much.  People these days don't want the good stuff.  Would rather use plastic so they don't have to wash any dishes

Wife took Valentines over to son Kevin's house.  He was extremely happy as he was just promoted to Senior Analyst which included a 20% raise.  Works for MasterCard.  Congrats Kevin!
post edited by CallMeFrank - 2020/02/14 17:41:11
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 18:04:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  12 and cloudy skies now.  Was up early this morning.  Got my walking in before my group fitness class, which I really enjoyed.  The new instructor, Vanessa, is doing a great job.  Actually had a guy participate today.  Kudos to him working out with 25+ women.  Got quite a bit more stuff moved downstairs today.  Was kinda pushing myself so that I could treat myself to some downtime this weekend.

Badger, hopefully you and Babs had a good trip to Duluth.

SNF, good to hear from you. Good thing you tried those booties on.

Not a bad idea Holly with the trainer.  Might want to wait on test results.

Happy Friday, Crunch.   We need a pic of Tuco and Isla in the new car.  Take awhile to figure out the new gadgets.

PJ, let's hope you don't need that wanna be generator anytime soon.

Hola Jamie.  Sure wish you would check in more often.  Have you got the car thing figured out so that the battery stays charged up?  

Brave of you Bernie to venture out on VD for dinner.  I trust you enjoyed yourself.

Cindy, thanks for the idea on the Repel wipes.  Need to pick some up.  

Bobski, enjoy your weekend off.  You will probably be painting or some other activity to keep busy.

GMADeb, thinking of you.  Hard to believe five years.  Miss you.

Edit:  You brat!!  Enjoy your family time before wheels up.  I think Ms. Zoey might be more of a princess than Ms. Maya.

Hola to all I missed.  Be well all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/02/14 18:15:39

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 06:27:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
14F with a blustery south wind. Weather page said 5-10mph with gusts to 25, but when I tried to push the front door open to let the dogs in earlier, I had to put my shoulder into it. Can hear it howling out there; I think the wind speed is a whole lot higher than 25mph. The good news is the south wind will eventually warm things up a bit.

Holly, still praying for you. Hugs, girlfriend.

MB, you actually "sound" stronger! Kudos for all your fitness work.

Pam, glad you caught the mistake on your booties. We went to the dive shop a couple of weeks ago; needed the new diver down bell for channel crossing, and my booties were shot, too. Found what I thought were the right size, brought them to the counter. Thankfully the guy looked at them, then looked at me...I had a men's size pair. He went and found the right ones and had me try them on, so glad he caught my error. (I could not find a designation for men's or women's on any of the packaging.)

That's all I've got, have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 08:11:46 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Little chilly this AM but sunny all day long. Current temp 35F at 8:03. High should be 54 degrees.

Yesterday morning Sue called with a proposed plan for our Valentine's day dinner. She suggested that we have dinner at my house and grill steaks and some lobster tails. Wow, what a fantastic idea ! Sue wanted to buy the steaks and get some fresh bread. I offered to get the lobster tails and provide the veggies, plus make the drinks for happy hour. Sue asked if she thought Freddie would freak out if she brought along her little doggie ? I said why not, as they are about the same size. Someone had suggested I try this trick : place cat in the bedroom before Sue arrived with her dog and let puppy wander around my house, smelling everything, including the cat smells. Good suggestion and it worked out great. Freddie was not upset although she did growl a bit when doggie got too close. Puppy wanted to play but Freddie wasn't ready, although she followed everywhere the dog went. No hissing or swatting with claws. Good first meeting.

Dinner came out fantastic and Sue was outside with me to offer help and suggestions while I was grilling. I enjoyed that. Oh, I forgot to mention that Sue also brought a bottle of wine for dinner. Perfect. I actually remembered to take pictures of the food before we dug into it. What I didn't remember was to bring the piece of chocolate cake out of the fridge for us to split. I had hidden the cake for a surprise dessert. Guess I hid it too well. hee,hee. Out of sight out of mind. I'll tell Sue about that when she calls this morning. Looking back, we probably ate too much and would not be able to eat the cake anyway.

Today I plan to finish up with my taxes. Other than feeding the beach kitties, nada on the list.

SoSo, you teaser. I don't think I will get enough miles to upgrade to the 1st class seating before my travel dates. Sue used her A/A points to get her ticket and not sure if she has enough extra points either. I believe you are the next BRAT to leave, si ?

Speaking of Brats, Chris and Cindy plus Pam and Keav are up to bat pretty soon.

Hi the those I missed. Need to scoot.
Have a good day,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 08:15:17 (permalink)
dinner plate #1

Weekend at Bernie's
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 08:16:31 (permalink)
and # 2, in focus this time

Weekend at Bernie's
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 09:23:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hola Sunshines!

Twirls-  Thinking about you. 

Bernie-  Nice looking dinner!  We ordered take out BBQ.  Not at the place I wanted.  I tried calling Mr JJ but he didn't realize I called.  Because he didn't return my call, I thought maybe he's trying to surprise me with making dinner.  kind of a nope.  He had pork chops out so I think he was planning on grilling.  Wish I would have known because I was wanting some KC Joe's or Q39.  The BBQ place was busy.  When I called to place my take out order, she said it would be an hour.  No biggie.  waited an hour, went to pick it up and still had to wait 20 minutes.  They were packed. 

Glad you all found out about the fins BEFORE you got to your destination!

Crunch  Love the color of your car!  Hope you got all of your favorite stations programmed!  I still haven't figured it out, but then again, I don't think about it until I'm driving. ....

I taught Lola to use a bell when she needs to go out.  Girl loves to chase squirrels, so she rings the bell all. the. time. LOL   However, if she has to potty, when I open the door, she wants me to come out with her.  She watches me the entire time to make sure I'm watching her so she gets a treat.  

Mr. JJ started putting weight on his leg. Only 50% though.  The break is not completely healed.   He's getting around pretty good. We go back to Dr in 2 weeks for another xray and progress check.  

Look at all of the brats on board!  lucky peeps!  Hopefully we will be on board to head to Florida in August for my birthday.  That's the plan anyway. I want to be on the beach for the big 60.  

C&C  Stay warm!  My niece and BF are in Wisconsin for annual cabin trip.  Her friend has a cabin somewhere- and guess what they spend the weekend doing?  riding snow mobiles. LOL

Today, Mr JJ's buddies are coming over to install a heater in the garage.  I think I'm going to head out to the golf show.

Enjoy your Saturday!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 09:47:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Sunny and crispy cold here.  Suppose to warm up to 55F this afternoon.
Yard patrol finished and pets fed.  Time for a nice steamy cup of coffee. 
The warm cup feels good on my cold hands. 
I washed the bedding yesterday and worked on a complete scrub down of the two upstairs bathrooms.
My Valentine (SJ) brought home dinner from our favorite Mexican restaurant. 
Monster quesadilla with shrimp, chicken, peppers, and onions.  Cheese dip and guacamole.  Was yummy. 
SJ also went to Kroger's for me.  Picked up all the sale items on my list. 
Plus a beautiful red rose.  Sweet! 

Bernie,  sounds like you had a lovely VD dinner with Sue.  Food looks delicious!
So glad she is going with you on the next trip SOB.  

SoSo,  enjoy your time with family today.  Wishing you and SunDog smooth and safe travels.

C&C and SNF,  happy packing.  The warmth of Roatan is calling.  

Crunch,  hope you get all the whistles and bells on your new car figured out.  
She is beautiful and in my favorite color of blue.  Enjoy!

MB,  bet you are tired from hauling everything to the downstairs area.
What do you have planned for your relaxing weekend?

Jamie,  pray you a feeling much better.  

Twirls,  take care and be extremely good to yourself.  My prayers continue for you multiple times a day.  Hugs

Better get showered and dress.  Don't know if brother and SIL need me across the street today.
Sometimes they call at last second.  Best be cleaned up and ready just in case.
Everyone have a beautiful day!  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 10:38:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Yesterday's visit for the biopsy went fine. I didn't feel a thing.   I was my entertaining self and made the staff LOL.  Next up was the pulmomologist DR Grimm...giggle.  He wasn't grimm but rather cute and funny but no nonsense. It was more news that wasn't good, I suppose.  It's all in how I want to see it.  And I actually prefer not to "see it" at all, so I won't.  I asked Dr GRIMM  (LOL, I can't help it) If I should continue planning my trip for late April/May.  He shook his hear "NO".  Well, I've decided they are all wrong.  I'm going to AT LEAST have another summer at my pool!  I can if I want, right?  It's all so freeing!  Yesterday I gave my mom's STERLING SILVER flatware (yes, some people do still have that stuff)  to Angela.  She loves it.  We never used it at Moms for fear we'd lose a fork or something and she was famous for grinding it up in the disposal,.  She did that to at least 2 pieces and cashed it in back when silver was $80.00 an ounce! 1 fork was over $80.!   I've never used it for the same reason.  Angela will use USE it!  I'm extremely happy to give the china to such lovely young couples...and get it out of my garage.  They will use it.  It was very expensive at one time but now you can hardly give it away so I'm glad someone will use it.  I've told all my friends to come and claim whatever they want.  Some can go now and the rest will come later.  My Mexico stuff is up for grabs if anyone wants a look, I'll post some phots later.  I have some of Sergio's (Akumal blue bldg.) art work and Barry Lanius of PoMo.  
Meanwhile, I'm going to continue to plan a trip.  Some people need to go in April, while others didn't plan their regular trip till May13.  HMMMM...I'll try to stay as long as possible.  To whomever owes me drinks on the beach, come and pay up now if you can.  I can't arrange your work schedule but help will e provided for those needing a bit of financial help.( And secretly)  I have miles and money!  Of course I have NO family to leave it to, so we might as well be spending Badger's inheritance, LOL!  He doesn't mind! (DANGIT, I can't get the smileys to post!) :)
Otherwise, if anyone want to come visit, please do so.  The will be no funeral but perhaps a party at my house, before or after or both?.  Plans are in place for my ashes to be tucked into the sand at most of our favorite beach bars all along the coast from Tulum to PoMo, at a much later time.  My mom is in many of those places as well.
Now, there is NOTHING sad in any of that!  NO TEARS ALLOWED is my new rule!

Dinner looks fabulous, Bernie.

SoSo, C&C, and SNF, you all have a great time and do lots of LOL for me.  Tell me some good stories from down there.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 11:08:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I have been holding off posting until Holly did, not sure what I can add. We did talk for a while yesterday afternoon and might have engaged in some (slightly) drunken texting last night. At one point I texted that I was having a few drinks in her honor and she texted back the she was having a few runs herself ( she meant rums)! We talked again this morning and she seems in a much better place than she was yesterday, in fact we are starting to plan the spring  trip together to Mexico. As of right now I am calling it "Holly's Last Hurrah" trip.  I so admire her strength and resolve.
She did ask me to ask all of you to please not call her at this time as she is busy making plans for the future right now.
Hugs, my friend!

Wag more....bark less.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 12:41:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
For sure SJ and I are in for "Holly's Last Hurrah".   
Badger, just let know me the range of dates. 
I mean this sincerely,  Twirls I have come to love you like family.  Hugs, love and prayers.
Not going to cry.  But my heart is weeping.  

janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 14:16:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)

Holly We've had some great conversations and laughs til we cry. 
My heart hurts deeply. 

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 17:41:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Rock on Ms. Twirley. You have a beautiful heart and soul.
Gem
Cooler Carrying Member
  • Total Posts : 2447
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 19:54:21 (permalink)
+3 (3)
❤️ Badger, can we take the “Last” out of it and just call it “Holly’s Hurrah” ❤️

Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/15 20:32:20 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Holly...we haven't had a lot of back and forth, but I've come to know and respect you immensely over the years on LG.  My heart is with you. 

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/16 05:36:42 (permalink)
Good Morning
The wind has finally calmed down and we will have milder temps in the mid 20s. Back to snow and wintry mix for tomorrow.

Don't have much to add to what others have already said, but I do hope that you continue to fight this, Holly. you are a strong woman and I fervently pray that you will explore every avenue and keep fighting for as long as possible. Sending love.

Church this morning, then some organizing and figuring out where the last minute stuff will fit in the bags, like Chris' C-pap, camera stuff, and so on. May also get a head start on tomorrow's laundry; need to wash some of the dog bedding so it is fresh for Grandma's house.

Hope you all have a beautiful day.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/16 07:22:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Cloudy skies this AM along the coast and it will be that way until this afternoon when the rain hits us.  Cool temps but not too bad : 45F at 7:30 and the high will squeak out 57 degrees.

Yesterday was the usual routine. Fed the beach kitties around 11:30 and then off to Fibber's for their Saturday bread bowl with Irish stew and a salad. Yummy good. Worked on my tax prep in the afternoon and almost done with that chore; should finish today.

PJ, I didn't take the time to respond to you yesterday. Very nice of SJ to bring home the Mex food for his Valentine. I appreciated your kind thoughts concerning Sue and I taking our first trip to Mexico together. At first I thought we should take some "mini' trips around the Carolinas but the more time we spent together,  I knew a Mexican vacation would be just right. Sue has traveled to Cobo but not the Yucatan side yet.

JJ, at least you and hubby got to eat some good Kansas City style BBQ together. Nice romantic Valentine together at home.

Cindy, almost time for you two. Is this your 3rd or 4th trip to Roatan ?  Funny that my friend Sue has already
been there and I have yet to go. Have a great time.

Hi Gem....Hi Crunch. Have you got you new car over 60 mph yet ? hee,hee

Badger, send me a note when you get a chance.

Almost done with coffee. Will catch y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/16 08:58:14 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Been awake for awhile.  Went to bed early.  By 4:30 a.m. I was done sleeping.
It is cloudy and much warmer here.  Temps cruising up toward 60F this afternoon.
Dog, cat, SJ and I had enough of the indoors after all the rainy days.  
We spent a lot of time outside in the fresh air and sunshine yesterday.  Did manage to get the laundry done.
Including all of SJ's winter coats, hoodies, hats, and scarves.  Freshen em up for next go-round of cold weather.
Brother and SIL weren't busy enough to need my services across the street this weekend.  
Which is fine.  I didn't want to be stuck inside on such a nice day anyway.

jj,  great to read that your husband is getting around better. 

Cindy,  busy few days for you getting everything together for your trip.
Battening down the house.  Getting pets and supplies ready to go to grandmas house. 
Exhausting!  

SNF,  so happy that you have healed enough to make the trip.  I know you all will have a 
great time together.  Wonder what kind of cooking experiment the boys will get up this time.  LOL

Everyone have a beautiful and blessed day.  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/16 17:38:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Very excited for all heading south of the border super soon.
Bernie - all the way up to 65. Zippy little car. Miss Betty (mom in law) really enjoyed it when we took her out to lunch today. The walker fit really well upright in the back even with the seat/storage compartment full (kleenex, water bottles, 3/4 used TP rolls etc).
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/16 19:28:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  So much for down time day yesterday, but I wanted to wrap up the move of things downstairs with the exception of the clothes in my walk-in closet.  Was up on the ladder yesterday, which I am pleased to say went well and accomplished what was needed.  I will focus this next week on clothes for trip and haul the rest downstairs.  Was chipping away at my taxes again today.  Called Christine for some assistance.  Not use to the 1099-DIV statement I received with tax-exempt dividends, foreign tax credits.....ugh. Prayers requested for Ms Holly at early church service and had a nice chat with interim Pastor afterwards.  

JJ, happy to hear your sweetie is headed in the right direction.  That's been one long haul for both of you.

Glad you had a nice evening with your new friend, Bernie.  

PJ, you are always so busy.  Good to hear you had the weekend off from the tax office.

I bet Joey and Sophie are really going to miss you both, Cindy. I'm sure they will be on their best behavior at Mom's.

Kim, so sweet that Betty liked the new car and lunch out with you two a special treat.  Hope your Dad is hanging in there.

Hola, to all I've missed.  Be well, MB.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/17 05:28:46 (permalink)
0 (2)
Good Morning
Supposed to be a fairly mild day with high temps around 34-35, but we are also supposed to get snow/freezing rain, etc. this morning. A break in the precip for the afternoon, then more snow this evening. Then back to cold, with some sub-zero weather. Hope to get the laundry done quickly so I can make another trip down to Costco. Chris is home for President's Day; I need to get another bag of dog food so that when we get back home after our trip we have a supply on hand. Will be nice to have HIM wrestle with the 40lb bag; always a challenge for me getting it on the cart, and again into the car. His turn. He can also gas up the car with Costco's discounted fuel. That is such a good deal; the price is usually as much as $.50 less than it is in our county. Plus we get cash back on the Costco credit card.

Chris is getting into his antsy pre-trip mode; he's been rather short tempered and it drives me nuts. He won't settle down until his butt is on the plane. Meanwhile, he has been LESS than helpful getting stuff packed and ready; snapped at me when I asked him to look over the list.  One of these days I'm going to make him pack his own stuff.

MB, you be a busy girl lately. Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Crunch, sounds like you're enjoying the new wheels.
JJ, good news that hubby is getting around better.
Holly, check in please.
Every one have a beautiful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/17 06:37:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Great news JJ. He is really coming along.

Soso is back in her happy place I believe with VSD. Finally.

I don't get cranky Cindy, but I sure get that antsy feeling. I wonder what would happen if Chris did his own packing? Might be fun just to find out

That tax stuff sounds complicated MB.

So glad you will have a companion for your trip Bernie. That V day dinner looked awesome.

Supposed to be 80 today and then back to the 40's tomorrow.
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/17 07:13:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
I woke up very early again.  Think the cat gifted me a flea.
My hand is all bit up...itching like crazy.  Couldn't sleep.  
Outside of that minor irritation...we are all good here. 
Suppose to be partly cloudy and 65F today.

Cindy, must have been "Cranky Arse Husband" Sunday.  
SJ got himself in a snit because I didn't follow his nanosecond last-minute directions.
While trying to help him get Daytona 500 on the living room TV.  Which required chrome casting from the laptop.
None of which he has taken the time to learn to use.  The laptop wasn't even turned on.  
I just couldn't find my way through an unfamiliar website fast enough to please Mr. Director.
Finally managed to complete the mission.  Then mentally I smacked him in the forehead with the TV remote control. 
Went back to doing chores.  Whatever!  Karma came around.  Rained out the race.

Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1087 of 1112
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5