AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1086 of 1091
Author
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 06:37:21 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Love hearing about the trip prep Cindy. Aaaaaaaaah. They moved our May flight from 9am to leaving at 7 am. Fine with me. The sooner the better.

MB - how frustrating. A good reason for a libation for sure.

Awesome hat you can fix your own truck Badger. You are so good at all that stuff.  When I finally turn in the loaner car it is going to be sooooooo dirty. Still 41 and still pouring. Haven't seen the sun since ?. However, you are right. Better than snow and ice.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 07:05:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Howdy and good morning all.

Cloudy skies expected all day. Current temp is 59F at 7:12 The high will be 63 degrees.

Yesterday the beach kitties were glad to see me and I spent a little extra time giving them some soothing words of love. Headed to Fibber's and had a crab cake patty on a bun; it was pretty big and tasty too.  

Today the usual plus a stop at Lowe's Foods for groceries after lunch. I also plan to pay a few bills online.

PJ, is it normal for the authorities to shut off electric/gas/water when flooding occurs along the river ? 

Crunch, I'm surprised you didn't wait for your desired leather to be delivered.  Sounds like you really wanted that new car NOW !!

MB, glad you mentioned your taxes. I need to start filling out the tax form for my CPA. I have all of the paperwork already gathered just need to get it all added up.

Badger, exhaust manifold replacement is not that easy. Yep, got the flights all booked.

Cindy, sound like you are getting excited for the trip. Hope you and Chris have a great time.

That's it for today.
See y'all. Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 09:48:59 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Weather conditions have not changed....still raining.  The high temp will be 58F.  
Both pets declined to go on a walkabout.  Don't blame them. 
I have nothing of interest.  We are safe, warm and have all we need.  Thankful for that.
Wishing everyone a blessed day.  Hugs  

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 12:30:36 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Bernie - I did wait. I have a loaner car because I sold them my old car on Saturday :).

Tuco would not go out and pee this am PJ. - even after being in the house all night.  I am praying he finally did after we left in the early am for work. He has a doggie door. Collies are so dang stubborn!

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 14:44:05 (permalink)
+2 (2)
I'm just passing on a video of the province where I live. Enjoy. (hope this works!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2krP7HQMGgo&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR1a9sgzVIvMi486XRpT3xamWJxRRBK0caYqATyf7PkAgaOMioSq73-RJ2w

2020: Cozumel and later Akumal
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 15:52:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch--never heard of a dealer covering the cloth seats with leather.  Must be a Texas thing!  Dealer up here would make you order a new one to your specs.  Was it expensive like around 3 grand? 
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 16:22:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch
Collies are so dang stubborn!

I don't think they are stubborn at all, Crunch. They just really, REALLY don't like to get wet. My experience, at least.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 16:58:22 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Nipper,  Beautiful area of the world you live in.    

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 19:23:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  17 now with a low of -11 and chilly again tomorrow.  Got up to the fitness center early and got my walking in.  Really enjoy getting there early as few people are on the track.  Stopped at tan salon and did a quick walk through Kohl's to check out the guy's team apparel for the Twins and Vikings.  Bought a couple of Vikings shirts for some friends SOB.  Some reading afterwards and then worked on tax returns. 

Cindy, sure is a bonus with your son in the tax business.  Sweet news on getting that snorkeling gear packed up! 

Nice video Nipper.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful landscapes.  Any test results?

Holly, sure wish you would check-in with us.  

Badger, you best stay warm too. I'm hoping you finished the truck repair today before the frigid weather hits.

Glad I could help out with the tax reminder, Bernie.  Good news on the booked flight.

Your weather sounds gloomy Crunch.  Poor, Tuco.

PJ, stay safe.  In MN, they are really pushing folks to purchase flood insurance soon.  Lots of guidelines associated with that and deadline is close by in anticipation of severe spring time flooding. 

Frank, how are you doing these days?  Praying for you too.

Hola to all I missed.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/02/12 19:53:17

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/12 20:23:14 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Sorry, its been a circus here.  Lots of people, phone calls, scheduling appointments , etc.  And lots of decisions, discussions ...I'm tired.   Phone is blowing up.   I end up consoling people trying to console me.  Too much to deal with.  I'm tired.
Friday is biopsy and pulmonologist.  Jan will be here for the appointments and weekend.  Angela will be along too.  Monday we will meet with my attorney and CPA.  Tuesday is another test.  I'm tired.  
Dying is too much work.  I better live.
Meanwhile I am dreaming of a toes in the sand time in late April/May if possible.  
Going to bed now...I'm tired.

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 05:12:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Wet Collies, it's Thirstday.

Twirls, please let us know if you book for April/May, if there is any way we can we will be there, hugs.

Nipper, very cool video, thanks!

Bernie, I misspoke yesterday, it was the intake manifold I had to remove, not the exhaust manifold.  I had to replace 2 sensors underneath the manifold and now all is good. BTW, I know how you can take care of that strange noise your truck is making, turn up the radio!

Cindy, I did talk to Duane, he had called her and they talked briefly, seems she is dealing with an ill child, but they plan on talking more. 

MB, we're currently at 8 below and dropping, high today of only 5F.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 05:21:12 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Only added about 2" to our snow cover, but it is still snowing. High winds with blowing and drifting. -8 overnight tonight. Chris is considering staying home today. Dogs were very quick about getting their business done outside; Joey didn't even stop for a roll in the snow. Last night the snowmobiles were out in droves; I am hoping the subzero temps tonight will deter them.

Nipper, beautiful! Thanks. Hip any better? I am hoping everything is going to hurt less in the Caribbean warmth; by favoring my left foot so much, I'm messing up my right hip...find myself rolling like an old sailor when I'm walking.

Holly, glad you're going to have a support network with you. Feel better.

Laundry and more packing today. I plan on avoiding anything that involves going outside!
Have a wonderful day! 

Video
Pix
YouTube

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 06:41:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I am so sorry Twirley. You sound beyond exhausted. Very glad your good amigas will be with you. Hoping for the best outcome possible and know that Tomas and I are thinking of you and praying for the best. Hugs.

You know your Collies Cindy. Tuco is stubborn and hates water LOL. This am he got our comforter nice and muddy again and we just washed it! After the last mud bath. Ah well, I love my dog husband

Cool Nipper. I meant that.....brrrrr.

Frank - I think they recover them by removing the fabric and putting on the leather. I am supposed to get it today so I shall see. Only 1k. It was 4k to go up to the next model and the only difference is leather. Sooooo, I saved 3k!

That lunch sounds yummy Bernie. Awesome on booking your trip.

Got to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 07:07:43 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Foggy here along the coast this AM turning into a mostly cloudy day with high winds. Muggy this AM with a current temp of 61F at 7:06 and high of 70 degrees. Rain starts at 4:00 this afternoon. Some might say today will be yucky. I am thankful we are not having snow !

Yesterday was the normal visit to feed the beach kitties. They acted like I hadn't been there in days. Silly cats. Tried something different at Fibber's for lunch : French dip sandwich. Very good and most filling.

Today I plan to start putting my taxes together. I sing a Christmas song while doing taxes "it's a most exciting time of the year". I sound just like Andy Williams. NOT.  I usually stop in a short while. Hee,hee.

Badger, you cracked me up with "just turn up the radio". Hmmm.  Might just try that.

Nipper, beautiful pictures on that Youtube song. Thanks.

Oops. Gotta set the trash out......OK done.

Cindy, just curious if the dogs 'roll' their eyes at you when the weather is bad ?  What's the Roatan countdown now ?

Hi MB and PJ.

Chunchie, no more running ! You will get shin splints !!

Coffee done. Catch y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 10:13:18 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Still dreary and gray here.  A light mist of rain falling.  A high temp of 42F.  The low was 19F.
SJ went off to worked dressed like it was -10F.  He gets cold in his office.  
We didn't get much in the way of severe weather yesterday.  
Lucked out and got the skinny part of the storm front here.  Bad stuff stayed south of us.

Twirls,  so glad your friends are there for you.  Hugs, love, and prayers being sent your way.

Bernie,  forgot to answer your question.  They shut off electricity and natural gas in flooding areas for safety reasons.
Shut off the city water so that if a water pipe breaks in a flooded home.  Clean water is not just gushing and being wasted.
Plus it encourages people to evacuate so they don't have to put first responders at risk trying to save them. 

Well, that's all I have.  Time to get productive.  Chuck some wood in the stove.
Stay safe and warm.  Wishing all of you a blessed day.  Hugs

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 15:24:05 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Afternoon
Chris is on his way home, he is gonna try and gun it up the driveway; lots of drift snow in his way. Wind is still pretty brisk, so I think we're going to have to call our plow guy for the morning (unless Chris gets stuck and we have to have him stop by after he gets off work) current wind chill is -11, now the weather page says that will be our overnight low actual temp. If this wind keeps up, I hate to think what the wind chill will be over night.
PJ, I'm glad to hear most of the storm missed you. TVA' s approach sounds reasonable to me, especially the part about encouraging people to evacuate like they're supposed to. But I know it would be a true PITA for you to lose power, since you're safe enough from flooding on your hill. In the counties south of Milwaukee where there are lots of lakes and rivers, they have problems most every spring now, and there are always some stubborn folks that just won't listen and have to be rescued by boat in very fast moving waters. Just dangerous for everyone. I have some sticky notes that have a caption at the bottom: "there are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."  Not quite sure why that popped into my brain, except that people ordered to evacuate MUST be idiots if they don't do as they are told. Just my opinion.
Have a good evening 

Video
Pix
YouTube

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/13 19:01:52 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening. -2 and a low of -13 expected this evening.  Raw temp not including wind chill factor, but then slow warm up tomorrow and milder on weekend.  Today was grand meaning that all of my "to do's" were tackled successfully. 

Spoke to Kat this evening.  She sounds great and I am so proud that she rescued that dog I was witness to in October with deplorable conditions.  She is now under the care of folks, in the know, that will successfully place her in a loving environment.

Cindy, was pleasantly surprised at Amy's resurgence in New Hampshire.  Tough, no nonsense Midwestern gal.  Just have to get through this last cold snap before wheels up.

PJ, not sure if MN turns off the utilities here under those conditions.  Glad you and brother are elevated, dry and warm.  Was going to say high....but figured Badger would take advantage of that in his morning greeting.

Holly, thanks for the check in.  Best news ever that you have a few people there to actually assist you.  Will keep sending prayers and strength for your upcoming appointments and healing comfort.  

Badger, I am working on my potty mouth.    

Kim, you proud new car owner.  Hope it went well today and are super happy with the vehicle with leather.

Bernie, hola.

Lost track of time.  A beautiful evening to all.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/02/13 19:20:01

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 06:06:57 (permalink)
Morning all
Naturally my sleeping habits are askew since I nap daily now

Crunch, Congrats on the new car

PJ, I think TVA has the right idea but hope you don't lose power and glad the storms weren't so bad.

Cindy and Badger, Your weather is deplorable.  I couldn't do it like you brave folks do.  Its so cold here that the furnaces are running at night and drying out the air even though I have 2 vaporizer humidifiers running.  

One thing about being terminal is it a BIG incentive help with getting stuff cleared out.
I have 2 sets of China to pack for lovely newly engaged couples and I'm glad to give it to people who like it and will use and appreciate it.  That means a lot to me.
I will pack the fine china in appropriate moving dish pack crates for shipping.  If I have a willing body to accompany me, I might drive it to Memphis.  My mom's Blue Onion heavy china is going to a local couple, Angela's son is getting married and he and his intended loved it.  I can put it in the plastic bins that the fine china is in now.  Gives me something to do of a purpose.  My Mom's sterling flatware is going to Angela.  I've never used it.  She will.
Also finally thought of the perfect person to leave the Camaro to.  Jay would be happy about my choice.
This is all rather freeing and entertaining.

I now have a personal trainer coming once a week to help get my body stronger.  She's very upbeat and a BIG CHIEFS fan.  I want to be strong enough to make at least 1 more trip south of the border and be able to enjoy it.  

Today is the biopsy on my lymph nodes and the meeting with the pulmonologist, DR GRIMM!!  What a name for a Dr, huh?

Still need to find a home for Chris and my animals.  I missed out on the house down the street.  Apparently as hard a sale as it seemed, some investor jumped on it.  It had to be a cash buyer as no bank would loan on it and it would never pass a rental inspection as is.   I'm hoping that something causes it to not go thru.  

Chili cat just wanted out, only to turn around and come back in.  Its about 5 above.

BTW, HAPPY WALENTINE'S DAY!

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 06:10:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Valentine's Day!
We are at -14 right now. Wind chill is some where in the neighborhood of -25. Brrrrr. High temp supposed to be 9. And tomorrow? above freezing at 34. These temperature swings are crazy.

Bernie, Joey rolls his eyes at just about everything. He is a master at the pleading "pet me" roll, the "I don't wanna go out there" roll and the "what the heck is Sophie barking at now" roll. I could go on...let's just leave it at very expressive eyes. Sophie, on the other hand, is expressive with her body. Stiff legged hops when food is coming, wiggles for pets, and her signature tossing, then "stalking" her treat.

Our plow guy is here right now, can't think with the barking going on! Have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 06:14:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Potty Mouths, it's Friday and Happy V.D.!

Twirls, thinking of you and hope everything goes well today!

Crunch, did you take delivery of your new ride?

PJ, I think all of us who live in a rural area should have at least a small generator for when we lose power, I've had to use mine a couple of times.

C&C, one more week, one more week, bet you'll be glad to escape these cold temps, we've got 18 below right now.
Babs and I are headed to Duluth today to buy some materials I need for work, I'll be sure to warm the truck before we go.

Boat Drinx tonight.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 06:47:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Brrrr.. 20's, but will warm up to 40's. Hasn't been this cold since November so it has been a mild winter and I ain't biatching. Much.

That sounds great Twirley. Get as strong as you can and go enjoy. Dr. Grimm huh? Hope he is a nice guy.

The new ride is great, except that Accord really spoiled me. The ride seems so rough comparatively. However, as soon as I adjust all will be awesome. The only thing that is making me nuts is the windows all fog over in minutes with the heat on and then I have to put it on defrost to clear them and keep repeating over and over. I need to figure that one out. I want heat!

1 week C&C. How cool is that.

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 07:22:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Crunch, I had Hondas and an Acura after.  I know what you mean.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 08:13:59 (permalink)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Slept in this morning and it felt great. Freddie finally got me up and I said "OK, I will feed you". Cloudy out this morning but the sun will come out around 2 this afternoon. Current temp is 50F at 8:30 and the high will make it to 56 degrees.

Yesterday was the usual start with feeding the beach kitties and the lunch at Fibber's. I picked the BLT. When I got home I put on a load of laundry and then started working on my taxes. I might have all the tax figures completed on the 'tax prep form' my CPA sends each year. For some reason I just have not been motivated to mess with taxes this year.

Today I will change the bedding, feed the beach kitties, have a light lunch and then later this afternoon changes clothes so I can go out to dinner with Sue. She still had not settled on a place to eat when we talked last night. I asked her to pick a place as I don't know North Myrtle Beach very well. Any place we go, it's going to be crowded for Valentine's day. 

I be way behind this morning so 'hi' to all and see y'all later. Hope y'all have a great day.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 10:58:05 (permalink)
Good morning BCers!
Blue sky and sunshine here.  Current temp 24F with a high of 38F.  
Woke up early.  Cat wanted out.  She has had enough of being housebound.
By time I got the pet food served up, took my meds, started the coffee maker, etc.
Then went downstairs to check the woodstove.  Cat was in front of the door downstairs and wanted back in. 
LOL  She was freezing. 

Badger,  a generator has been on our "want list" for a long time.
But SJ has put such parameters on what he wants in a generator that we have not been able to afford it.
Going find himself paying a premium price for what he doesn't want one of these days.

Twirls,  sending you hugs, love and prayers.  Wondering about your possible trip to Memphis. 

Bernie,  wishing you a wonderful Valentine's dinner with Sue. 

MB,  glad Kat is doing better.  Last I chatted with her she was sick and feeling down.

Cindy,  bet you will be glad to go closer to the equator and warm up.
Don't think I could take the minus temps anymore. 

Wishing everyone a lovely Valentine's Day.  Hugs

SnorkelNfools
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3242
Re: Morning Breakfast Cluba 2020/02/14 16:03:06 (permalink)
Hola!
Happy Valentines Day!

Just back from getting a hair cut. Needed done badly!  Slowly getting started on the collecting of things for packing.  Had to buy new fins as I wore out my favorite pair last year.  Tried the booties on yesterday and couldn't get my feet in them.  I think maybe the store guy put the wrong pair in when I was trying them on.  Looks like a trip back to the store tomorrow!

The temperatures being reported by Badger  MB and C&C just sound awful - way too cold!

Twirls I hope your test results all come out in favor of LIVING!  Keeping fingers crossed for you and glad that you have friends staying with you for support.

PJ My old cat did the same this morning - twice.  Tooo cold outside for him!

Congrats on the car Crunch!  I am sure you will have all the adjustments figured out soon.  Have the dogs been for a ride in it yet?

Cindy you and I will limp along like a couple of old Weebles….Hopefully we also will wobble but not fall down!

Enjoy your V Day dinner Bernie

Keav & Pam

Page: << < ..10861087108810891090.. > >> Showing page 1086 of 1091
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5