AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10811082108310841085.. > >> Showing page 1081 of 1112
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/01 18:07:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  34 and cloudy skies.  Beautiful sun shiny day here in MN.  Up early and hit the local food store....cop fundraiser and gave a nice contribution.  Had a fun lunch with Chris and Chad.  Organizing things to go back to TJ and washing things to keep. Going to nibble on some of my leftover turkey BLT with fries. 

ays, going t Be well all, MB.

crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/01 18:28:48 (permalink)
+1 (1)
So hoping you will get better soon Twirley.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 04:41:57 (permalink)
+1 (3)
Good Morning on 0202/2020
The sky is clear! Stepped out on the deck for a few moments just to admire it. Milky Way stands out like a white ribbon, rest of the stars so bright and clear. Beautiful! Temperature is already above freezing at 4:40 am and will go up to 45. 

Hope you are feeling better each day, Holly.

Church this morning, a stop on the way home for some game-time snacks.
Go Chiefs! (although I'd rather be saying Go Pack Go
Have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 06:31:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Football Fans, it's Super Bowl Sunday.

Bernie, you hound!!

MB, now that's a tasty looking sammich.

Geez, Twirls, I sure hope you are feeling well enough today to enjoy the game, you've waited a long time for this day.
Yesterday I found out from ChicagoCraig that I am tied for first place in the Loser's Pool with his wife Margaret and that there is one guy a point behind us. That means that the worst I can do is finish tied for first, but Margaret and I will win more money if K.C. wins. I was already planning on rooting for K.C., but now have even more incentive. GO CHIEFS!!!!

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 07:28:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Today the weatherman said abundant sunshine all day long !  Nice. Current temp 41F at 7:27. High today will be 59 degrees. Next 3 days in the 60's. Maybe Phil the groundhog was right, as he picked an early spring.

Yesterday I fed my beach kitties then had a bread bowl with Irish stew at Fibber's. When I got home I vacuumed out the truck and afterwards Freddie told me I needed a nap. She is a smart cat.

Talked to my new lady friend and we set up a lunch date for today in Shallotte. Her name is Sue and this is our 2nd date; she lives about 20 miles away in Little River. We will go over to feed the beach kitties and then grab lunch together at the Purple Onion.

Hope today's Super Bowl will be good. Doug and Regina invited me to come to their house for the game and Chet also invited me over. Chet has a larger TV. Oh my, so many decisions. Hee,hee.

Oh, I forgot to say congrats to you Bob on your new John Deere snow tractor. I would like to see a couple of pictures if you don't mind. Is this the model that you can hook up different attachments to hydraulics ? I used to own one that was called a "garden tractor" but I can't remember the model. It used hydraulics for power steering and to raise/lower the mower deck. It had a removable snow blade that also used hydraulics to raise and lower the blade but one had to turn the angle manually to different positions to the left or right. I liked it a lot and was a little sad to sell it with my home out in the country. Very solid tractor and dependable.

MD, nice looking turkey BLT !

Hi Crunch, PJ, Jamie, Cindy.

Badger, I will also root for the Chief's. Sue didn't make it over yesterday afternoon and she had to cancel. Oh by the way, it didn't snow here along the coast. Ha,ha. 

Must scoot.
Y'all enjoy the game tonight.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
hoppybrewer
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 429
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 07:58:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning clubbers. Happy Super Bowl Sunday. I was 9years old the last time the Chiefs were in the big game.
50 long years. hoping for a great outcome.

GO CHIEFS !!!!!!!!
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 08:00:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Happy Super Bowl Day!

I'm so excited, I couldn't go to sleep last night.  I have a few things to do this morning, then Mr JJ is going to cook up some wings and I'm making a spinach artichoke dip.  Just us.  We decided we didn't want to go to a party- I didn't want to hear people yakking and I want to be able to just. watch. the. game.  Then, there's the fact if I drink, Mr JJ can't drive yet... so there's that

There are a ton of parties AND downtown KC is on fire.  They are closing Grand Ave and another street, and putting up a 15 ft screen.. There's another large screen at Power & Light district.  I saw pics on facebook this morning from P&L last night.  I suppose if I was in my 20's I'd be right in the middle of it. 

The whole city is so jovial .... Grocery stores were packed yesterday, and shelves were bare. I still need to find some frozen spinach for my dip.....

Twirls.. I think you just need to stay put- on the couch until you are well.  There are too many germs out there.  Your body needs rest.  Wishing you a speedy recovery. Said a little prayer for you last night. 

Bernie... I tried to post a picture of a hound dog, but I can't seem to figure it out this morning. 

SoSo  what did you decide to take to your party? 

Uphill.  bowling.  sigh.  My bowling scores should be my golf scores, and my golf scores should be my bowling scores. 

PJ  the game should be on a local channel.

Badger  congratulations on the Losers pool! 

Cindy  predicted high in KC today is 68..   Was mid 50's yesterday, and will be nice again tomorrow... Then more snow, but we are totally embracing this warm springlike weather.  Heard the robins singing this morning.   Just heard the groundhog did not see his shadow. 
46 days until Spring!

May  your favorite team win today... unless its the 49er's. 

GO CHIEFS!

post edited by janjon - 2020/02/02 08:10:59

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 08:21:23 (permalink)
+2 (2)
My friend had her 4 yo with her at the grocery store yesterday.  
Lady at the grocery store inflating balloons... fifteen or so 49ers footballs. He goes up to her on his own and says.. “Please quit it.”

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 08:37:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning all!
Feeling a little stronger each day.  

I'm with you, JJ.  I am soooo excited!  2 weeks ago, when we won,  I had started to invite people for the game, food and fun today.  I quickly realized that I didn't want to be cooking, serving and trying to entertain.  I just want to watch the game and not be distracted.  I still think it will be a tough game but I think the Chiefs can win.
 GO CHIEFS!

We are supposed to have a great weather day of sunshine and 72!  I may have to get the Camaro out for a quick spin so that the tires don't get out of round.  I just bought new tires this fall.   Been awhile since I've driven it and it should be driven a few times during the winter as weather allows.  Plus I could use some fresh air and blow the cabin fever stink off of me.  I like to put on my Beach Boys music and feel young for a few minutes.  However it will not be a day to hot rod because I'm sure the cops will be out looking for people who over do on partying... but that won't be till later.

Bernie, you sure have hit a lucky streak.  Good for you.  Buy some lottery tickets!

I haven't actually cancelled my trip yet.  I know I need to...  Gotta call Delta, the hotel and tell the gal who was joining me for the last week.  My KC friends that started me going in 1998, are sure sorry that I won't be there.  They also graduated from Akumal to PoMo and like it very well, although they have only been there a couple of times.  They lost their brother in law on a trip about 2003 as he drowned while snorkeling in Aventuras Akumal, where we all used to stay.  They couldn't go back for a long time and never were comfortable in Akumal after that.  

Everyone root for the Chiefs and enjoy your day!

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 08:55:22 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I recently discovered that there are a couple of Canadians paying for KC. Ryan Hunter is on the practice squad so likely won't be on the field. Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is a doctor (MD from McGill in Montreal) but he is not on the medical team, he plays right guard # 76. So Go Chiefs! (and my 2 favourite teams are not playing - so.....)
post edited by nipper - 2020/02/02 08:57:42

2020: Akumal in April!!!  Oops, make that 2021
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 09:24:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Nothing but blue sky smiling at me...sing it Willie!  A high temp of 66F this afternoon!  Yeah!!! 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZDwxnjG1g
Going to be a great Super Bowl Sunday!  Go Chiefs!   
FoxSports is streaming the game free.  Using laptop and Chromecast to get it to the TV.  
We are all set to watch.

post edited by PJamigo - 2020/02/02 11:29:57

Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 14:00:29 (permalink)

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 17:22:09 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Just got a funny text from a friend of mine wondering if since the game is in Miami that maybe Bob Kraft will be going back to that massage parlor?
post edited by Badger - 2020/02/02 17:29:59

Wag more....bark less.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 17:37:19 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good evening.  Another sun shiny day....two in a row.  Woke up to 43 degrees.  Early church, put away the holiday decor in entryway and then cleaned the garage floor.  Then I went to an open house up the street.  House has been on the market for over a year.  Five bedrooms; 4.5 bath.  Wanted to see what this builder used for flooring, etc.  This house was listed for $800K and was sold last week for $780.   I was expecting a whole lot more for that kind of money. 

Holly, glad to hear you are feeling better.  

Badger, I'm still working on that sammich.

JJ, I like your Super Bowl game plan.  Kids say the darndest things.

Bernie, hope you had a great day.

Cindy, dang girl.  What time were you viewing the Milky Way?  

Bob, that's quite an improvement on your hiking climb.  Good job on the cake!

PJ, glad you figured out how to stream the game.

Almost kickoff.  Enjoy the game everyone.  MB

nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/02 21:38:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
That was a fun game to watch!

2020: Akumal in April!!!  Oops, make that 2021
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 05:00:10 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Mahomes Magic! Wow!

Clear skies again ahead of a mostly sunny day. MB, I think it was around 3:45am yesterday when I did my star viewing. Pretty spectacular again this morning. Remember, though, we are rural. Nothing like night skies SOB because we do get a slight glow to the south from Milwaukee, and a slight glow to the north from Fond du Lac, but I doubt you'd get as clear a view in your more suburban area close to the Twin Cities. Too much ambient light.

Laundry and errands on the agenda for today.
Have a great one!

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 06:22:54 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Clubbers, it's Moanday.

Great game, I was worried for a while there in the 3rd quarter, but what an awesome ending. Happy for all of you K.C. fans and glad that Andy Reid ( a former Packers assistant coach) finally won one with the Chiefs. Also happy to share the Loser's Pool win with Margaret.
For those who may not have seen it, here is a short video of Reid winning the NFL Punt, Pass and Kick competition when he was 13 years old, but already over 6' tall and 200+ lbs! I always wondered what those other poor kids thought of when they first saw him there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4gNFL2upZE

Had a short chat with Twirls just before the game yesterday, she sounded a lot better than when I last talked to her.

I've got a couple of jobs to look at today, then some chores to do around here, forgot to tell you that I finished my taxes and everything is good.

We got up to 42F yesterday, back to high 20s today.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29473
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 06:36:17 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Congratulations Chiefs Fans and Losers Pool Winners Badger and Margaret! How much did you win?

I bet JJ and Twirley are sleeping in after all that excitement.

Happy Moanday to all.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 06:58:03 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger
 forgot to tell you that I finished my taxes and everything is good.

You hope everything is good!  Hope you dotted all the "I"'s  and crossed all the "T" !
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 08:25:01 (permalink)
+2 (2)
"I bet JJ and Twirley are sleeping in after all that excitement."    Not a chance at my house!  My phone started pinging at 6:10...friends in FL who forget about the time change.  Oh well, I have an early appointment to look at a house for sale.  BUT FIRST...
WHAT A GAME!  I  was shaking my head and wringing my hands when we hit under 7 minutes in the 4th qtr!  I was losing faith and sinking into despair.  Mahomes was not at his best nor was the defensive line.  BUT, by gosh they pulled on their MAN UP PANTS and pulled out as the winner!  TRULY MAGICAL!!    Due to sickness I couldn't get loud and wild  (although I did get a bit wild earlier when out for a drive)   but you could hear Chris from down the block along with every neighbor around.  Fireworks and cannons were set off for miles around.  It scared Pearl and Margarita.  I just sat smiling like the Chesire cat!

Now about the house and my wild ride earlier...  If anything happens to me, Chris is the best person to keep my animals, and I worry about all of them.  Where would they live that he could afford  with animals?  Although I don't owe much on this house, its way to big and too expensive to maintain for him.  I've often thought of buying up a small house in this area to be used as a rental, but they are few and far between.  There is a small house at the end of our street with a huge fenced back yard that would be perfect and just as we left for our ride in the Camaro, I pulled up next to it and said to Chris "This would make you a great home if it ever goes up for sale."  I looked over and VOILA, there is a FOR SALE sign in the yard!  WTH??  It was bought a few years ago and the exterior was redone,...new roof, new HVAC, fencing, etc.,  was done and it's been a rental since.  I understand the interior needs work...my specialty and Chris can do most of it.  The worst thing about the house is it faces Main street with a short driveway and small garage.  The plus is , it has a double gate to the backyard facing my street.  I'd add a driveway on the side for a different entrance to the backyard and possible a carport or garage in back.  It's priced a little high but will probably be a hard sale due to the Main street entrance but I'd be a cash buyer and a quick sale so I called my friend Angela, who is a realtor and we are looking at it this morning at 9.  

I also had a fun ride in the warm sunny weather.  I put on my Beach Boys music and blew out the cobwebs on the highway.  I had the need for speed!  I was on the highway and looking for a long stretch opening where I could blow up some air.  I didn't realize that there were 2 Mustangs trying to do the same, 1 black and 1 white .  They may have been trying to race a bit.  I saw an opening when I pulled alongside the black one and I tromped it to the floor!  I hit 104 in seconds, before backing it down and the black one caught me, giving a THUMBS UP and big grin while LOL!  Apparently I PO'd the guy in the white Mustang by jumping out in front and he promptly pulled to the shoulder and ROARED down the shoulder causing quite a dust trail!   I didn't mean to PO anyone as I was just getting some fresh air and having a bit of fun pretending to be young!  The guy in the black Mustang continued LOL and we let the white Mustang get dangerously down the road as he showed off.  
All in all, it was a pretty exciting day for this sick old lady!  I did feel quite alive and enjoyed the fly/drive!  Beach Boys music with the top down always makes me feel good!

I hope you all enjoyed your day and the game.

Bob, I get the cake but it was time for someone other than the Patriots to win.  

Better go get dressed.  Angela will be here soon.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 08:37:58 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and a great game to watch last night !

Beautiful sunny skies this AM and temp is already 53F at 8:52. Yes, I did sleep in a little while. Freddie tried to wake me but we had a short discussion and she said it was OK for me to snooze some. High today 63 degrees.

Yesterday Sue joined me to feed the beach kitties and then we went to lunch at the Purple Onion. We both selected soup with 1/2 of a sandwich and it was very good. Back to my house to get Sue's car and say our goodbyes until our next meeting.

Chet joined me to watch the game and we had pizza for dinner. We were both shaking our head and fearing it was going to be a loss for the Chief's.  Nooooooo. Then the magic happened. Wow !  Great game and fantastic win for all Chief fans.

Today I will see my beach kitties again and have a bite to eat at Fibber's. Sue called me last night and invited me for dinner at her house tonight. She also was picking my brain for some of my favorite meals. I'm not sure which meal she will prepare; maybe meatloaf and 'taters with some veggies. I'll see if she will let me take some food porn pictures. One of her sons was flying in last night and not sure if he will be joining us at dinner. Will see.

Bob, I will look forward to seeing your tractor pictures.

jj, your Chief's got the job done. Congrats. Cute story about the little boy in the grocery store.

Badger, happy to hear you got your tax job completed.

Hi PJ, nipper, Cindy and Crunch.

Must have my last cup of joe and get moving. Hope y'all have a great day.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 08:38:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
The weather is lovely here.  Partly cloudy skies with temps near 70F.  Perfect!
Enjoyed watching the Super Bowl.  Congratulations to the KC Chiefs!  

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 08:57:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Found this interesting...  It is the fireworks that showed up on weather radar for KC area last night after the Chiefs win. 

Craig in WI
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 4150
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 10:05:39 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Way to go, Chiefs!  They used to do their summer camp at the University of WI in River Falls, where I worked, so saw quite a bit of them back before they built their "new" (not so new anymore!) facility.

Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/02/03 10:07:48 (permalink)

Page: << < ..10811082108310841085.. > >> Showing page 1081 of 1112
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5