AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1079 of 1092
Author
TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 09:10:59 (permalink)
+3 (3)
MY oh My, what a day for most of you.

JJ, Thanks for the sunshine.  You brought it here this morning!  Total sunshine.  35 days you say?  I commend you for being such a good wife and carrying the load lately.

Chris, HYSTERICAL.  First the picture and then the visuals!  Those were fun days.

Bernie, CONGRATS! I'm happy for you!   Hoping this one takes you to the moon and back without costing the price of a NASA space exploration!
Just curious, how old is she?

Frank, you definitely need another Dr.

Crunch, you need another car.  I drove a Honda Fit.  I love Hondas but that model had quite a few blind spots.  Newer years may be different.

Badger, glad you have a handle on your tax situation.  I gave up doing my own when I had to understand short term and long term gains or losses, dividends and that stuff.
I hope I don't have to cancel my trip but I may shorten the length and not leave as soon.  Depends on what Gastro stuff can be done, how I am feeling and the new Corona virus spreading.  Going through airports and time in planes frightens me these days.  Particularly in winter.  

Going to try to get out for a couple errands today.  
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 09:57:49 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Weather is much nicer today.  Partly cloudy with a high temp of 56F.
Nice day to run errands and visit the vet.  Pretty much crossed off my To-Do list yesterday. 
Accept the grocery shopping which was added to today's list.  

Chris and Cindy,  hilarious memories from ABR.  Fun times!  

Bernie,  happy for you!  

jj,  I've washed my hands so much had to change to the heavy-duty hand cream. 
For sure we will be rooting for your Chiefs in the super bowl. 

Frank,  hope you find a doctor that can help you.  

Twirls,  We have tentative plans to go to PoMo end of October through early November. 
Waiting for Southwest flights to open up for those months.  

Wishing everyone a beautiful day! 

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 11:14:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

My Focus has 100k miles is 12 years old and the automatic door locks do not work nor does the handle now on the passenger door ( I have to open it from the inside). Also, it is hard to start because something is worn out and needs to be replaced for about 800 bucks and has to be keyed by a locksmith etc.... good car, but I do need something reliable so I am trying to wrap my brain around a car payment. Thinking about a Honda Fit.

Crunch--Make sure you get one of those 72 month loans
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 13:04:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I am sure trying to avoid that Frank. My last one ( for my 1st ever new car which is my Focus) was a 5 year one and that sucked!
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 15:05:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I can;t even fathom a 72 month payment for a car.  When I used to sell new houses people would often ask if I thought they would qualify.  So I did some rough numbers for them.  Asked them what their bills were.  Often heard $500-$700 for car payments.  I'm thinking to myself something is wrong here.  I have a condo that rents for $450 where you can sleep, cook, shower and go to the bathroom.  And you are paying $500-$700 for a car payment?  Guess I need to raise the rent! 
Soleil Soul
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 5525
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 18:36:51 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hey BCRs

Thanks for the correction help Tomas y Crunchie, time is a fly'n!!  Wish it was quicker for my ticker ;) 
My sis has a Honda Fit and loves it.  Her biggest concern when she was looking for a new car was if a regular garbage would fit upright in the back for dump runs...  it 'fit' fine she so she bought it and she loves her vehicle. Yup she took a garbage can to the car lot LOL.

MB turkey wasn't for a gathering, so we froze half for another time.  Like to have quick meals on hand cause some days I don't want to make anything and a Fibbers isn't close by.

Jamie sounds like you are all tuned up!  LOL I did a gooder on the ice too, bruised my tailbone still ouchie.

Twirls glad your extraction went well.

Nice blue snow C&C and I love the skirt ROTF

BeBe check out the Norwex.com window cloths that are perfect for glass, shower stalls and in my case black granite counters. 
AND Congrats on gett'n er dun ;) LOL.

Gem did they toss or clean up the vacuum?

PJ have your beach dream replaying all the time in my head.  The Tulum area of Bahia is very nice, we stayed in the Akumal section like you did during the kids wedding.

Crunch the brining gave the turkey a lovely flavour and is very easy to make. Glad to hear your MIL is cracking you up and sounds settled.  We are in process and working with case worker and Dr on assessments for AL.  Meanwhile MIL will have art days at the complex a couple of times per week, it is the introduction to the place. Baby steps as she never really will be ready to move - if she can remember.  

Frank you definitely need a new Dr, good luck getting fixed up.

Coronavirus outbreak is scary they are saying it is transmitted when you have no symptoms!!  Still not going to stop me at this point.  N95 masks and lots of disinfectant wipes on the packing list. Those beaches were mighty fine during the swine flu scare.

UHK that ski dinner club sounds like a great bunch of like minded peeps! Way to go on the snow blower!!

Everyone else make it a gooder eh.  

post edited by Soleil Soul - 2020/01/27 18:38:13

Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 18:42:33 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  24 and cloudy.  Another mild day.  Got my 3 mile walk in this morning;40 minutes on the tracK and 6,000+ steps.  Did a tan and grocery store run afterwards.  Way above average temps and sure beats the polar vortex a year ago.

Bernie, glad you checked in.  Hope all works out well with your new friend.

Cindy, meant to thank you earlier for identifying family members.  Fun photo and memories at the ABR.  

Gee Frank.  That's a whole lot of nonsense with your medical issues.  Agree with others to get a second opinion and a doctor that you can build a trusting relationship with.  So darn frustrating.

Badger, now you got me thinking about taxes. I've had a CPA do mine the last two years. This should be interesting.

Twirls, still hopeful you can make your February trip?  Discuss it with your trusted GP tomorrow.  I was wondering too, like Badger noted, about your next stem cell treatment.

PJ, how's SJ's sciatica?  You'll have to kick up your heels when he is feeling better.

Crunchie, I keep my vehicles a long time.  Good luck if in the market to purchase new, pre-certified....

Edit: SoSo, silly you sneaking in on me.  Tail bone bumps are the pits.  What are those masks you were eluding to?

There was this great story about a teeny weeny blonde poodle, Zoey, that was reunited with her owner after 17 months. Someone stole the dog, hoping to capitalize with breeding not realizing her age. Then abandoned her.  She was spotted and returned in pretty rough shape. Should be fine with lots of tender loving care. 

Manana, MB.
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/27 18:52:50

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 06:02:28 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
A nice good-news story, MB. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could just dump all the thieves and scammers and just plain old sickos somewhere where the rest of us wouldn't have see or hear about them? Poor little dog. Glad she will be OK. And while we're at it, let's get rid of puppy mills! We have one in our area that our vet has been sent to by the authorities many, many times. He always says, SHUT THIS JERK DOWN. The jerk makes a few temporary changes, and he's still in business. Just mention that place to our vet and you can actually SEE his blood pressure rise. Horrible conditions, dogs spend their entire lives in a cage. And our (thankfully finally retiring) Congressman wouldn't even cast a vote to regulate puppy mills. Sorry for the rant, I'm just in a bit of a bad mood this morning.

Not much going on, need to make a quick grocery run for some carrots and portobellas...pot roast or beef stew? Still haven't decided, but it's pretty much the same thing, right? 
Have a great day.

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 06:38:26 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Very busy work day so must run. Have a great day all!
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 06:41:11 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Ranters, it's Twosday.

Bernie, woohoo! Good for you!

Mb, I'm enjoying these above average temps and a reduced heating bill.

Crunch, my truck needs replacing, but there's no way I will buy a brand new one, prices are ridiculous!

SoSo, 21 days isn't that long, where are you going?

I fixed a plumbing problem yesterday for the lady who cuts my hair, in return I get 6 free haircuts.

Not much going on today, so I am going to get back to work on my taxes.

Wag more....bark less.
Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 07:47:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning all.

Nice sunny skies this AM and weatherman says bright skies all day. Nice. Our current temp is 40F at 7:26 and we will have a high of 55 degrees.

My back is 'barking' a little this morning. Probably from picking up all the rugs yesterday and putting them back into place after Angie cleaned the floors. Can't think of anything else that might cause a sore lower back.
hee,hee. Got to see my beach kitties yesterday while Angie was cleaning my home. Their vocals when I opened
the truck door showed a sign of approval. After feeding the cat, I went back home to check on Angie's progress. She was almost done and the house looked great. After I paid her I went to Fibber's for lunch. Surprise !

Thank you PJ and MB. I hope that my relationship with Kathleen will be a lasting one.

Cheer up, Cindy !!  I like the idea of beef stew and I bet your version is divine. Good ole fashioned beef stew
with some rolls for "dipping" is always tasty. Yum, you are making me hungry.  Funny picture and story.

Hi SoSo. What, no Fibber's near you ?  How sad. Ha. If you and Glen ever got out here we will all make a Fibber's run. Yes ! Thank you for the info on Norwex. I'll check it out.

PJ, have you ever used O'Keeff's Working Hands ?  Pretty good stuff.

Crunch, please don't run at work !  I don't want you to trip and hurt yourself, OK ?

Why thank you Badger. The truck I'm driving now has been a good one and I remember when I purchased it new in 2011. I also remember the outrageous price I paid ! I think the next one might be a good used one.

Working on the last cup of coffee. See y'all later.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 10:13:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy, with temps near 60F.  Rain to arrive this evening.
Surprised to find this beautiful rooster rambling around the property on our morning walk. 
Hope he finds his way home.  

I laughed so hard over this news story from Lebanon, TN.    

Spencer Boston,20, who appeared in court today on a marijuana charge, pulled out a joint, lit it, and took about 6 hits while discussing marijuana laws with the judge. He was then taken into custody.

Multiple people report it was the best the Lebanon courtroom had ever smelled, and that it was 'the good stuff'.
He exclaimed to the judge: "We the people deserve better!".

He is jailed in lieu of a $3,000 bond, charged with disorderly conduct and simple possession.

The look on his face says it all. 

Took the pets to the vet yesterday for yearly checkups.  Amazingly Elphie was very well behaved.
Cudi was her usual sweet self.  Both were pronounced 100% healthy.  Received their new legal bling.
Didn't make it to the grocery store.  I will do that today.  But did stop at Dollar Store real quick for cat crack.  (Lickables) 
Put together a yummy dinner of baked chicken breasts, stuffing and peas.  Called it a day after that.
Was pooped out.

Bernie,  get the feeling you can't stop smiling.    Take care of your back.  

C&C, MB and Badger,  so glad you all have warmer temps.  

Cindy,  hear you regarding the puppy mills.  Authorities are busting them right and left here in the south.

Crunch,  good luck looking for a new car.  

SoSo,  it is nice to have food prepped for days a person doesn't want to cook.
Try to keep my freezer stocked with such items.  I've let those items get pretty low.
Need to restock.

Everyone have a great day!  Hugs

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 10:25:25 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Thanks for that, PJ! First time I've smiled today. Maybe I need some of that good stuff!

Video
Pix
YouTube

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 18:05:10 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Just a quick update.
It was so nice yesterday that I decided to run some needed errands.  I had labs early then Chris and I went to pick up our glasses.  I took my new red boots to the repair shop to see if the calf could be tightened but no, so returned them to Macy's.  Glad to get all that done and Chris is happy that he can see.

Today I'm feeling pretty bad.  Had gut pain all day.  Plus I'm still sick with this infection.  I'm not coughing much but when I do...it's bad.  My ears have been ringing for days.  I should have gone to the Dr but I didn't feel good enough to do it.  I haven't done or moved around much today.  Chris fixed lunch and dinner and did anything that needed doing.  
I've got to get to the Gastro Dr tomorrow.  Not even sure I can walk far enough from parking to the 4th floor office.  I can't breath well and get so tired very fast.  I'll probably ask Chris to go and push me in a wheelchair if I can't make the walking.  Plus it's going to be cold and snowing.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 18:51:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  18 and cloudy.  The usual activities today.  Light dusting of snow so I headed out for some fresh air before sunset to deal with it.  Managed to get 8 wooden chairs downstairs safely.  I will leave the four kitchen ones as is for the next month.  Tomorrow's "to do" is to transfer all the stuff on walk-in closet floor and upper shelf to lower level.  Will leave the white dresser inside and will move the clothes downstairs after I figure out what will be packed for SOB trip.  Chip, chip, chipping away.

Badger, you were reading my mind on the electricity/gas bill.  May hit 40 come Super Bowl Sunday!!  

PJ, big thanks from me as well for the laugh.  That was one handsome rooster hanging out in your hood.

Bernie, a clean house is a happy house.  Any new news on flights? 

Crunchie, damn I'm hungry for some shrimp.  Soon, unless Badger and Bernie plan a shrimp fest before March.

Cindy, the tropical weather will do you good.  

Hey Twirls, how did your appointment go today?  Edit: Please try your hardest to get to your appt. tomorrow.  Pull up in front of the entrance and have Chris grab a wheel chair in the entry or call ahead to office and have them bring the chair out to your vehicle for assist.

Bosco, this one is for you.....my nephew Luke's dog in Tennessee. Reminded me of Vino all snuggled up.

Be well, MB.

post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/28 19:00:35

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 19:08:49 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Cindy, I vote for pot roast with boiled red rose or new potatoes and maybe glazed carrots. Nice picture and funny story.

crunch, I have had 2 Hondas, a Civic Hybrid which was the 2nd best car I have owned and a Honda Insight Hybrid (not as well made, a few cheap areas such as radio dials, etc.). My middle son Ed had a Fit, he told me he liked it really well but needed to trade it for a truck in the area he lived.

Glad the pets are OK, PJ, that is a really funny story, thanks for that

Bernie, Kathleen sounds like a very nice lady, happy for you and sounds like she gets on fine with Freddie.

jj, glad to hear Mark is doing so much better, good news for both of you.

Nice weather out here, the Santa Anas are returning tomorrow bringing us nice dry warm weather after the winds die down, supposed to hit 78-80 by Friday and Saturday. Got a bunch of errands done yesterday with my neighbor's help, car wash, pedi, bank, store and treated us both to a cheeseburger at Fantastic's, we split an order of fries (I usually skip fries). Haircut is pending.

For some reason, I thought SuperBowl was weekend after next, have to figure out what to have to eat, right now leaning toward either KFC or Chinese (Mongolian beef or Kung Pao chicken).

Where is Nipper, she doesn't post much but haven't heard from her in awhile, hope she is OK.
nipper
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 13725
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/28 19:44:55 (permalink)
+3 (3)
Nipper is pretty much OK, Jamie.  I mentioned a while back that I had bursitis in my left hip and it still is a PITA. However, I think it is improving but there have been some pretty bad days. I haven't been to aquafitness  classes or the gym or yoga for 2 months and I have missed those. I have had 2 cortisone shots and I think the last one has had some effect. I have also been using CBD oil at bedtime (wish I could share it with you Frank). I have also been to physio and some acupuncture. I have a cane and a walker to get around. On Feb 8th we are headed to Cozumel for  2 weeks. Getting there will be the hardest part but our TA has arranged for wheelchair assistance coming and going. We fly to Toronto then to Cozumel and then I can just relax and enjoy  the resort( Iberostar). We plan to meet up with Yaki Jaki and Scott a few times too. I don't know if I can snorkel but I'll find out and the warm water will help anyway. 
I do keep track of what you are all doing and I enjoy reading your accounts and the pictures. I'll post some when we return.
Stay well or get well everyone.

2020: Cozumel and later Akumal
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 05:42:27 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning
Nipper, I truly feel your pain. I had bursitis, my left hip as well. It has been several years, now...the second cortisone shot did the trick for me. Hope it kicks in for you and the pain goes away for good! The warmth of the Caribbean will do you good, enjoy and relax.

Jamie, I went with the stew. When I got that chuck roast out, I saw that it was WAY more "marbled" than I would have liked; my stomach rebels at that much fat, and Chris certainly doesn't need it, either. So once I had trimmed most of the fat away, it was already mostly cut up into stew sized chunks. I DID use some red potatoes, also carrots, celery, and the baby bella mushrooms. Very tasty with some mini French baguettes to dip. A good winter comfort meal.

Cute cuddle puppy, MB. Looks like he has some collie or shepherd in his background, with that long nose. Still miss my Mollie.

PJ, how is SJ doing with that sciatica? That stuff is a true pain in the butt; hope he is doing better. Tell him to try and avoid standing for long periods on very hard floors. (I know, easier said than done) Also, good looking rooster...don't worry too much, he'll find his way back to his hens.

That's all I got, have a wonderful day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 06:12:30 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Good Morning Wild Roosters, it's Hump Day.

PJ, funny story and pic, thanks!

Nipper, sorry about your pain issues, looking forward to your trip photos, have fun!

Bernie, when we come for the Shrimp Fest I also want to go to Fibber's.

MB, we probably won't get to 40 this weekend, but mid 30s here is sounding good.

Spent most of yesterday working on taxes, I've got a couple of jobs to do today and then back to the taxes tomorrow.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 06:40:41 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Sounds taxing Badger

Nice looking rooster strutting his stuff. I wonder if Bernie feels the same  Glad you had a great "date" Bernie.

Cute dog. So cuddly.

Make that appt. today Twirley and then go by your regular doc or urgent care and get checked for pneumonia.

8 wooden chairs down the stairs does not sound fun MB. Your closet looks way neater than mine.

Nipper - I hope that trip will be what it takes to make your hip better. That sounds awful.

Nice weather coming your way Jamie. Enjoy.

Soso - this stuff is tough with MIL isn't it? Hopefully as things progress it will become easier. Your poor tailbone. Ouch!

Your meals sound so good Cindy. Hope you have a better day today.

Got to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun...............

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 07:59:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Sunny skies this AM but turning to partly cloudy by Noon. No rain though. Currently 35F at 7:45 with a high of 68 degrees.

Yesterday the beach kitties were happy to see me and I ate at my usual place. Badger, I would be most happy to treat you and Babs to good food and drinks at Fibber's. It's a smaller restaurant and bar with seating on the outside patio when the weather is nice.

Today I plan to stop by the Chevy dealership to get a formal quote on new tires. Perhaps they also have some "takeoff's" in stock; these are the new tires that customers want replaced for larger ones on a new truck. The take-off's are usually not readily available but no harm in asking. I also want the dealer to look under the hood for a strange noise I keep hearing when I back up slowly.

That's is a cool looking rooster, PJ. Perhaps a Rhode Island Red doing some 'free ranging'. Do you know who has chickens close by ? He won't be around too long if the coyotes find him. Funny story about Mr. Boston; don't believe the judge enjoyed his antics, though.

MB, that's quite a packed walk-in closet ! Don't get caught in a avalanche. hee,hee. Cute doggie.

Thanks, Jamie. Will see where it goes.

Hi Nipper. Your trip to Coz is just around the corner. Please tell Yaki Jaki and Scott I said 'hello'; been a few years since I saw them back in Colorado. Nice folks.

Cindy, your stew sounded scrumptious. Good thing you didn't post the food porn on that dish because I really enjoy some good stew. Yum.

Badger, bummer on your tax adjustments. Ugh.  The only advice I can give it to keep any changes very clear and triple check your math. A written concise attachment might not be a bad idea to include. Best of luck.

Thank you, Crunch. You are so kind. Now what did I tell you about running at work ? Just say no. hee,hee.

Coffee all done. Y'all have a good day.
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 10:42:07 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Cloudy with light rain.  A high temp of 49F for the day.
Woke up to the rooster crowing.  Guess he likes it up here on the hill. 
Pretty sure he belongs at the bottom of the hill.  I have seen free-range chickens in their yard.  
Didn't go grocery shopping yesterday.  My back was aching, so I took the day off.

Nipper,  so sorry for your hip pain.   Bet some time in Cozumel will do you a world of good.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.  Hugs

crunch
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 12:40:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
PJ - somewhere I heard that chickens can get pregnant without a rooster? Is that true?

I do think it is awesome Bernie. I am running, but without scissors
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 13:34:24 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, Hens will still lay eggs without a rooster.
But the eggs are not fertilized.  Would not produce a chick.

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/29 14:15:28 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Crunch, PJ is correct. If you just want eggs, you really don't want a rooster around. Interesting story coming up: DeKallb, Illinois, is mostly known for the seed corn company, also called DeKalb. They also were the major supplier for northern Illinois for hatched chicks. Farmers who raised chickens for egg production did not want roosters, but it is very difficult to tell a hen chick from a rooster chick.  During WWII, The DeKalb company volunteered to house and employ some Japanese POWs. Turns out they were the best at sexing the chicks (farm talk for separating the boys from the girls). Got the reputation for being the best place to get chicks in the state. (Flocks get replaced periodically as the older hens quit laying) Which led to roadside advertisements "OUR CHICKS LAY BEST!" Was fine in the 40s and 50s, but by the 1960s, of course, it was pretty snicker-worthy... those old signs are now worth a whole lot of $$$.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1079 of 1092
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5