AnsweredHot!Morning Breakfast Club

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1078 of 1089
Author
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 17:55:46 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  31 and light snow shower.  I ended up going out last night to shovel so it wouldn't turn into a sheet of ice again.  Streets were terrible again this morning.  Luckily avoided a crash when my vehicle hit a sheet of ice while approaching the roundabout a couple blocks from the gym. Worked off the stress on the track before my fitness class. 

Cindy, I'd also like to see the article.  Would you mind identifying your family members?  Kids seem very attentive to the book reading.  Curious what was being read.

PJ, glad you had a chance to sleep in.  You've been in overdrive.  Maybe take it easy this weekend and enjoy your night out!

Very sorry Paul to hear about your good friend, Tommy.  In spite of his chronic pain, sounds like he forged on in all aspects of his life particularly quality time with family and good friends.  God bless him.   Relieved to hear that your other sister can lend some additional support.  

Everything okay Jamie?

Bernie, I had fried green tomatoes one time at the MN State Fair.  Delicious.  

Kim, so glad things are working out for Tom's Mom.  

Gem, also glad to hear your Mom is doing well.

Hola to all I've missed.  Happy weekend.  MB
post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/24 17:58:19

Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/24 19:09:19 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I'm here, not much going on, having a nice warm spell, 70 or so until Sunday when we will get some rain moving in, right now it is up near the Bay area, and possibly falling on Susy. May go to car wash tomorrrow.

MB, yes I am all through will my eyes, both surgeries done and have new glasses same with dentist, so nothing on the agenda except routing visits to family doc and rheumatologist and bone density scan. That ice sounds nasty, outside of a couple visits to ice rinks only encountered ice once,  back in Virginia over Christmas. Nasty slippery stuff, FIL cracked his head a gooder as SoSo would say.

Good job on the Zoey training SoSo, hope you have a vacation soon to get warm.

Dear Badger, so sorry to hear about your friend. Sure your sister will be glad to have family around her now.

Twirls, glad you got the tooth out finally. My dentist also has a couple of soft, squishy sofas that provide a nice catnap.

Have a good dinner this weekend, PJ.

Nice pictures, jj and Cindy.

I kind of remember some old quiz type show on TV called "What's My Line" where the panelists had to guess the occupation of the guest by asking questions. Not sure if that is the one Ida Lupino was on.
Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 06:26:47 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning Green Tamaters, it's Saturday.

Twirls, your last two posts look rather similar. Any updates?

JJ, is that you in the photo?

PJ, love the pic of SC & Zak!

Yeah, Cindy, which one are you?

Just found out that I may have to amend our taxes for the last 4 years, I'm not a happy camper.

Boat Drinx was fun, but we had to cut it a little short.

Wag more....bark less.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 10360
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 07:04:21 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Heavy, wet snow. Trees are coated. Still dark out, but looks like it might be picture worthy. Hope Chris calls our plow guy, he needs to get to the Town Hall today to pay taxes. (and get the pup's yearly town licenses)

4 years, Paul?! I know a guy...you could mail everything to him and he'd get'er done for you. What a PITA.

I checked on the Trib's website for archives, but they wanted SO much personal information I was afraid they'd ask for my first born. Mom has the original in a scrap book, I'll ask if there is anyway to duplicate it. Anyway, starting at the tree: my sister Patty, gone at age 64 from complications of type 1 diabetes. Dad, reading the Christmas story from St. Luke, our family Christmas Eve tradition. On Dad's left, my brother Mike, who was just 6 years old when our mother passed away. In the foreground, John (Janis) and Daina (pronounced just like Dinah; their father was Latvian, and those are Latvian names), my siblings by adoption. Then there is Mom #2, who has her hands on my shoulders (quite the bouffant and bow, huh? I was 14 at the time. In front of me is my sister Kate, gone at age 59 from a brain aneurism. My 2 youngest brothers (half brothers, but we never bothered with that nonsense) are still a gleam in my father's eye. The year was 1964.

Gonna go see if I can get some snow photos, have a wonderful day! 

Video
Pix
YouTube

A smile is the same in every language
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 07:29:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
waiting for the plow guy. . .have to go pay my property tax today.

Video
Pix
YouTube

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 07:41:02 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Today will be sunny and warmer with a high of 60 degrees. Current temp already 54F at 7:17.

Yesterday it started light rain about the same time I was feeding the beach kitties. I waited in the truck as they were eating and felt sad for them. I pet the orange kitty as I picked up the food bowls and headed to Fibber's.
Had a huge Chef's salad for lunch. When I got home I washed the bedding and took a nap with Freddie while the sheets were drying. She is a great napping cat but makes sure I'm awake for her afternoon feeding. During daylight savings, her scheduled time to eat was between 4 and 5 o'clock. Now it's 3 ish as she has selected this time and pays absolutely no attention to 'fall back' for standard time. Animals know, right ? hee,hee.

Not a whole lot on my schedule for today. After lunchtime I will try again to get the inside truck front window cleaned without streaking. Yesterday I tried Windex and paper towels with little success. Today I will use these
'blue' colored shop towels to see if they will do the job. Someone had suggested a microfiber cloth but I don't have any. Stay tuned to the exciting life of Beach Bernie. ja,ja,ja

MB, so glad you didn't get a 'boo-boo' on you car. Sliding on ice is always scary.

Hi Jamie. Glad to hear your eyes are all okie-dokie now.

Yikes Badger. Anything that involves redoing 4 years of taxes just can't be good ! Seriously. Good luck.

Cindy, the picture from 1964 looks almost unreal. The snow pics look VERY real and darn cold !! 

Time to get ready for the day.
Hope y'all have a good one,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 09:14:53 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
The sky is still gray here.  With a promise of sunshine this afternoon.  A high temp of 44F. 
Got the Christmas tree stripped yesterday.  Will try to get it all packed up and into the closet today.
Outside of that...not much happening.  Wishing you a wonderful day!  Hugs

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 10:02:29 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

Not sure how the last 2 posts ended up like that.  PC was acting up.

Paul, so sorry about your friend.  AND YOUR TAXES!  UGH!

Not feeling great but much better after a good night's sleep.  Had not slept well for a couple of nights.  Finished the antibiotics earlier this week and the crud is creeping back.  Not sure what I'll have to do to get over this but many others have said the same.

There seems to be a hatching of a plan for a meet up in PoMo around Halloween.  I didn't start it but will try to join in.  I'll shoot for November 1. 
I'm beginning to wonder if I'll be able to make my planned February trip due to health issues.  Plus this new Corona virus is pretty scary stuff to someone with a low immune system!  I've already heard there were cases reported in MX City.  You know the Cancun airport won't be as diligent as airports in the US for checking incoming passengers and cases are already in the US.  

At least the temperatures are looking up around here.  Supposed to be in the 40's all week.  I see a bit of sunshine this morning.

Enjoy your day.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 6067
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 15:40:04 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Badger

Just found out that I may have to amend our taxes for the last 4 years, I'm not a happy camper.

Glad I'm not you!  Good luck with that.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/25 17:45:00 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Dang Badger. You work too hard and help too many people gratis to be having to pay any more taxes.
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 05:19:56 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good Morning
Snow continued yesterday for quite a while, think our totals were in the neighborhood of 7-8 inches. As I cleared snow off the deck, the dogs kept jumping around knocking more snow on to areas I had just cleared. But temps were fairly mild, and at least they were having a good time. Drive way was plowed, taxes paid, and dogs have their new "jewelry". We may get some more flurries this morning, but then a couple of days with no precip. The bad thing about all the fresh snow and being Saturday night was the snowmobilers were out in droves. The trail crosses the road right at our western property line. Like motorcycles, some are quiet, but most have that annoying whine and the dogs just go crazy. But they were totally tuckered out by bedtime, and slept like babies.
Paul, Chris thinks he knows why you have the amendments; feel free to call if you have any questions.

Church this morning, and hopefully a relaxing day with no shoveling snow.
Have a great day!

Video
Pix
YouTube

Deleted User
  • Total Posts : 52
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 06:37:48 (permalink)

PJamigo
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 8666
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 09:38:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good morning BCers!
Another gray and rainy day here.  Currently 37F with a high of 57F this afternoon.
Yard patrol finished.  Woodstove loaded.  Coffee now in hand. 
SJ's sciatica is paining him. Came home Friday evening gimping.  Saturday night dinner out canceled.
Made a big pot of turkey chili from an online recipe.  Yowzar!  Had five kinds of heat in it. 
Very tasty...but I was sweating and wiping my face with a kitchen towel by the time I finished the bowl. 
Christmas decorations are back under the stairs.  Laundry finished and put away.    
Today I need to go grocery shopping.  Don't wanna!
Tomorrow I will be taking my petting zoo to the vet for their yearly check-ups.
The cat will be screaming NOooooo all the way there and back.  Making for a fun afternoon. 

Cindy & Chris,  beautiful pics of the snow.  Love when it clings to all the trees and bushes.
So far we have only had a few snowflakes fly.  None on the ground.

Twirls, though the Mexican sunshine and sea breezes might do you some good.
Might not be a good idea to expose yourself to another virus while traveling. 
I was so afraid of flying to Raleigh.  Actually fear shopping in Wally World today. 
Flu is still running rampant in this area.  Take care.  Hugs

Uphill,  nice score on the JD snowblower.   Hope it lasts you a good long time.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!  

TwirleyB
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 13885
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 11:01:40 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Morning all

I didn't comment on the snow because I'm not sure how I feel about snow at this point of the winter.  I suppose it is pretty to look at...from a distance and in pictures but I am sick of winter.  Today is supposed to be sunny with no chance of rain...WRONG.  I woke to sunshine but it quickly changed to some clouds, then more clouds and now is totally grey clouds.  I also just looked out and now it's raining!  I know our weather is mild compared to some of you northerners, but I'm sick of grey gloom and cold and we've had enough snow to be pretty once but I'm over that too.
JJ, Please help me bring on SPRING!  You are always a ray of sunshine!

Cindy, my dogs are the same.  Bark at every noise and I know they are hoping that someone is at the front door.  Any company is entertaining for the dogs.  I'm a bit pickier...I'm not as entertained by a replacement window sales person.
Since Pearl lost that tiny bit of weight, she has a bit more energy.  Plus we all have cabin fever and are bored.  I might as well play ball with Pearl.  

Where's Bernie?

PJ, you've inspired me to try to get the last of the Christmas decor ready to go in the attic.  It's on my list for today as well as pluck chin hairs from my face!  LOL but true.  How exciting!  So far I've managed to watch a couple of food shows and now Expedition Unknown.  Yesterday I did shower and dress which I haven't done yet today.

I have a full schedule for the first of the week.  I still need to get to a boot repair shop on the north side of town to see if they can tighten up the calf part of the boots.  The boots are new and I love them but will return them if they can't be altered to not flop around my calf.  
I have a lab/bloodwork appt on Monday.  My GP on Tuesday and the Gastro Dr on Wednesday.  What fun!

Sunday and no NFL games.  Sigh...  And only 1 more big one that I care to watch.  At least Hallmark has a new movie on Saturday or Sunday nights!

I'd try to get out more but the flu is rampant here so I hesitate to go anywhere.  

You all enjoy your Sunday.  I'll try too.
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 14:32:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
janjon
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 7768
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 14:42:59 (permalink)
+1 (1)
35 days Twirls.. 35 days we will be at the first day of Spring!

We got about 4ish inches of wet heavy snow Thursday night into Friday.  It stuck to the trees, and it was pretty for a hot minute.  Not fun shoveling the driveway at 6:30 am.  I'll sure be glad when Mr JJ gets his leg back.  He finally was able to take a real shower yesterday.  I would have stayed in until the hot water ran out if it were me. 

Yesterday, I got to do laundry.... UGH  Today, I got to go to the grocery store... another UGH. 
It's cold and I don't want to do anything.... but snack. 

Uphill- new toy!  Wish I had a snow blower.  Again, I'll be so glad when Mr. JJ can do things again. 

Jamie  can you tell a difference since your eye surgery?  My Mom was amazed!

PJ  We are big handwashers when we come home from being out and about.  That's the first thing I do.  There are way too many sick people out running around.  

Cindy  that is a great photo!  And no Badger, that wasn't me.  I got it from facebook.  

One week away! 

Go Chiefs!!

When my nights start with margaritas, they end with happiness!
Jamie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 3798
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 16:59:09 (permalink)
+1 (1)
janjon, yes my eyes are much better now, but I still need readers and my right eye gets bothered a lot by junk in the air.

Good for you to stay indoors until you have to go to your medical appts, Twirley, avoid the flu with your weak immune system.

Cindy, that snow looks nasty, would hate to shovel that stuff.

Which reminds me, Bob I think you made a good decision to buy a new, quality snowblower (I know nothing about snowblowers not do I want to learn but know the name John Deere has a good reputation).

PJ, sorry you missed your dinner, and that SJ is not feeling well, that sciatica is nasty and painful, only had it once but that was enough. Dr. gave me a shot of Demerol or something that killed it good.

Sorry to hear about the tax return problem, Badger. What a pain! Going to hire someone to sort it for you?

For those of you who have not heard, Kobe Bryant was killed this morning in a helicopter crash outside of Calabasas along with 8 others including his 13 year old daughter. Visibility was poor. May they all RIP.
Mayan Boar
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2178
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 17:39:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Good evening.  28 and cloudy skies.  Early church this morning, a trip to tan salon and a much needed car wash inside and out.  More of the same including reading and packing up items in master BR.

Jamie, had not heard until moments ago on national news. Sad indeed.  Interesting about your right eye. Is there reason to be concerned?

JJ, thanks for the sunny spring reminder.  Days are getting longer.  Great news on hubby.  You've done a great job keeping it all together at home and work.  

Cindy, nice snow pics and soon to be tropical pics. 

Congrats Bob on the new machine.  Hope it surpasses your expectations.  Have a blast skiing this week.

Good luck with your doctor appointments this week Holly.  Need to stay positive.

Bernie, Bernie where the heck are ya?

Hope all is well Badger. You've had your fair share of sad news lately.  Thinking of you and hope all works out well with the tax situation.  

Crunchie, hope you and Tomas have a stress free work week.

Barata, hope you are having/or had a wonderful trip.

Hola GMADeb, Susy, Beach Billy, SNF, Bosco and others.  Be well, MB.

post edited by Mayan Boar - 2020/01/26 18:52:07

ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 19:14:08 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Renee Grosvenor Mirehouse sent me this memory from the ABR back before my hair turned grey, just before my skirt fell off. And you gotta love the balloons.

Video
Pix
YouTube

CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 19:28:01 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Need to find a dentist quick as a loose tooth fell out last night.  The pain stopped once the tooth fell out.  Also need to call a new urologist about the cyst in my scrotum.  Didn't like the first urologist. Cyst is about 1/2 inch in diameter.  The urologist said he usually doesn't take them out until they are the size of a walnut.  That doesn't make sense to me so getting a second opinion.  About once a day the cyst hurts like crazy with pain running down my right leg and making me walk like I have a club foot. First urologist said the pain was caused by my hip or pelvic bone.  Don't know how he could have given that prognoses as he did not do anything related to my hip and pelvic bone.  Anybody know what he should have done, like atleast X-Ray my hip/pelvic bone area?  I have no idea how this stuff works.  Urologist did not even look at the disk I had gotten from Metro Imaging.  Metro does the procedure/imaging of the area and gives you a disk within 15 minutes.  Pretty slick as most hospitals take days to give you results. Urologist did not give me any advice other than talk to my regular doctor who said he would get a second opinion.  Hope a dentist and the urologist can get me in quick as I want to get the crap taken care of.
CallMeFrank
LocoGringo Customer
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/26 19:39:17 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Forgot to mention it was my grandson's birthday today, a big 3 years old although he was telling everyone he was 6.  His parents had a birthday party last night which was nice.  Looked like Christmas again minus the tree.  My nephew's daughter's birthday is tomorrow and she will also be 3.  Had her party today.  I had fallen asleep and was an hour late. My wife didn't wake me as she figured sleep was the best thing for my tooth.  Did not get to see Gemma open her gifts.  Sure she was thrilled.  Forgot my phone at home when we went to Kayden's party, so no pics. Will try to post some pics once I can talk my wife into sending me some of the pics she had taken. 

Badger
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 8487
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 05:03:50 (permalink)
Good Morning Sunshines, it's Moanday.

Frank, you definitely need another doctor.

C&C, my eyes, my eyes!!!

Twirls, I sure hope you don't have to cancel your next trip, aren't you supposed to get another treatment then?
Let us know if the end of October trip works out, we might be interested, but that is such a busy time of year for me.

Thanks for everyone's concern about my tax problem, but it is really no big deal, Babs received a settlement last year that I need to spread out over several years to reduce the tax liability. I have done my own taxes (and others') for my entire life, so all it will take is just a little time to do the paperwork.

Internet problems yesterday, so no post. 
Hi to all.

Wag more....bark less.
crunch
Ultimate Member
  • Total Posts : 29471
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 06:39:39 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Paperwork ugh! Hope your weather is a-ok Badger.

Where is Bernie? Hot date I hope.

Seems like your new JD is a good investment considering all the snow you get Bobski. What movie did you see?

I bet it was funny when your skirt fell off............nice legs by the way

Definitely hope your week goes better Frank and for sure on that 2nd opinion from a urologist.

Hope no more "ice chipping" in your near future MB. 

My Focus has 100k miles is 12 years old and the automatic door locks do not work nor does the handle now on the passenger door ( I have to open it from the inside). Also, it is hard to start because something is worn out and needs to be replaced for about 800 bucks and has to be keyed by a locksmith etc.... good car, but I do need something reliable so I am trying to wrap my brain around a car payment. Thinking about a Honda Fit.

Beach Bernie
LocoGringo Customer
  • Total Posts : 2999
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 07:45:13 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Howdy and good morning everyone.

Rain and showers this AM along the coast and will turn into partly cloudy for the rest of the day starting at noon. Our current temp is 49F at 7:44. High is expected to be  58 degrees.

Saturday afternoon I met a lady that I had been communicating with since 3 weeks before Christmas. We had set a dinner date and she drove down from Southport area to my house around 4:30. We enjoyed a couple of cocktails and we ate some snacks while chatting. Finally made it to dinner around 7PM; nice place on the ICW that specialized in seafood. Fantastic dinner with a pretty lady. Back to home for a few more 'after dinner' cocktails. She had brought an overnight bag and we didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night. In fact we slept in together until Freddie insisted I wake up at 8 o'clock. I went back to bed with my lady and we snoozed until almost 11. I made coffee and we sipped it together while slowly waking up. I asked if I could make her some breakfast and she opted to just have some instant oatmeal. Time to get out of our housecoats and get dressed. Kathleen hit the road about 1 and I believe we will have a 2nd date. Oh what a night !!

I didn't get over to feed the beach kitties until 2:00. They fussed a little at me for being so late. When back home I made a ham and cheese sandwich for brunch. Afterwards I decided to try again to remove that film from the inside of the truck window. I was finally successful by using water mixed with vinegar.

Today Angie will clean the house and will be here at 10:30. I will leave her to do the cleaning and go over to the island to feed the beach kitties by and then back home. Angie usually takes 2 hours to do her cleaning. For some reason, I'm moving a little slower the morning.

"Where is Bernie? Hot date I hope"...Crunch, you nailed it ! hee,hee.

I reviewed everyone's posts but need to get ready before Angie gets here.

See y'all later,
Bernie

Weekend at Bernie's
ChrisandCindy
Ultimate Member
Re: Morning Breakfast Club 2020/01/27 08:22:34 (permalink)
+1 (1)
crunch

I bet it was funny when your skirt fell off............nice legs by the way

Not just funny, Hilarious! I was laughing so hard, every time I tried to take a picture, I was shaking so much I took a photo of my own feet. The guy playing the Joel Grey character called him "Helga", slapped his butt, and voila! EPIC wardrobe failure! On stage in his tidy whiteys. (I always liked his legs, too.) Ah, memories! Thanks for that, Renee!

The Hondas seem to get pretty high marks for longevity and reliability, probably a good choice for a commute car.

Paul, yeah, that's what Chris thought it was...not difficult, just annoying for you to take the time with it.

Bernie! You dawg, you!

Started early with the laundry. Don't know how that pile got so big! 5 loads! for just 2 people.  'Course, Chris' clothes are just bigger and increase the volume...plus towels and sheets...better get back at it.
Have a wonderful day!

Oh! and Frank, hope you get all that stuff taken care of quickly!
post edited by ChrisandCindy - 2020/01/27 08:25:23

Video
Pix
YouTube

Page: << < ..10761077107810791080.. > >> Showing page 1078 of 1089
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5